Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,183,923 members, 7,922,277 topics. Date: Thursday, 15 August 2024 at 11:12 PM

Isaac Adaka Boro And Niger Delta Militancy - Politics (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Isaac Adaka Boro And Niger Delta Militancy (28847 Views)

Buhari Deploys Service Chiefs To Niger Delta Over Rising Militancy. / Who Killed Isaac Adaka Boro? / Major Jasper Isaac Adaka Boro(Sep 10, 1938 – May 9, 1968) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) ... (14) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Isaac Adaka Boro And Niger Delta Militancy by Nobody: 4:07pm On Aug 08, 2009
This is why I say you're incoherent in your argument: did you read the Vanguard article? If you did, you will see the story about Ijaws and Urhobos. If you didn't agree with the article, you should have written a re-joinder stating your position, don't come here to argue that a newspaper article was false when you have done nothing to disprove it.
No need to attack me please, I only read the newpaper
1. i'm not incoherent here the barrage of response you recieved when you put that paper clip here would have shown to you that you were out of touch with what is happening in the niger delta, and secondly do you believe every thing you read hook line and sinker and preach that out to a respected forum thinking we would be gullible to it just like you did without researching it, well i now see the reaon why you feel boro is a coward you must have read it from one of those your biafran dailies thats why you have a skewwed view about him since he tried stoping your biafran agenda.

1 Like

Re: Isaac Adaka Boro And Niger Delta Militancy by Beaf: 4:25pm On Aug 08, 2009
@naijaking1, are really this thick?
You sound so ridiculous with this stupid argument Ijaws have problems with Urhobo's (and its getting worse). The worst thing is that you want to continue that foolishness even with both Ijaw's and Urhobo's telling you that it is simply impossible.

You have made yourself the laughing stock of this thread. grin

1 Like

Re: Isaac Adaka Boro And Niger Delta Militancy by Becomrich: 4:39pm On Aug 08, 2009
Naijaking1

Respect Adaka Boro as a hero  He was a common criminal, who deserved, and infact did die like a dog.

Naijaking , from reading others things you wrong, you are igbo. Why do you hate the ijaw people so much to even think of a dog.

For me, I think Isaac Boro was a hero. it takes gut to do what he did. Isaac Boro was widely hated by igbos.
The reason is After the first coup lead by Chuwkuma kaduna ( igbo), He hand over power to another man Ironsi(igbo) on January 15th 1966, Isaac boro left lagos and head toward ijawland to training ijaw men for  about 40 days how to free his people from igbo and nigeria domination. on February 23, 1966 decleared the republic of Niger delta from the eastern region which the igbo dominated at the time. Isaac Boro was seen as trying to free his ijaws people from igbo domination. Ironsi/Ojukwu govt crush and arrested Isaac Boro.  Isaac Boro was a great follower of chief Obafemi Awolowo. Even the name Delta came from chief obafemi awolowo.

Now naijaking1 how long would you hold hate in you. it is 43 years ago. Naijaking forgive and forget
Re: Isaac Adaka Boro And Niger Delta Militancy by naijaking1: 5:25pm On Aug 08, 2009
babasoty:

1. i'm not incoherent here the barrage of response you recieved when you put that paper clip here would have shown to you that you were out of touch with what is happening in the niger delta, and secondly do you believe every thing you read hook line and sinker and preach that out to a respected forum thinking we would be gullible to it just like you did without researching it, well i now see the reaon why you feel boro is a coward you must have read it from one of those your biafran dailies thats why you have a skewwed view about him since he tried stoping your biafran agenda.

You should be attacking Vanguard, not me. That's another case of misplaced priority. Funny, you don't want me to believe a reputable national newspaper(owned by a minority--I believe), but you want me to believe your small, and narrow minded theories about Nigeria
No, Vanguard is not Biafran owned.
Adaka Boro got what he deserved: death from his "Yoruba friends", disregard from his Hausa mentors, and dislike from his fellow eastern Nigerians.
And for you trying to re-write history by claiming Adaka Boro was a hero, you deserve shame embarassed
Re: Isaac Adaka Boro And Niger Delta Militancy by naijaking1: 5:33pm On Aug 08, 2009
Beaf:

@naijaking1, are really this thick?
You sound so ridiculous with this stupid argument Ijaws have problems with Urhobo's (and its getting worse). The worst thing is that you want to continue that foolishness even with both Ijaw's and Urhobo's telling you that it is simply impossible.
You have made yourself the laughing stock of this thread. grin

Please go disprove the newspaper story first, before coming to attack me.

Becomrich:

Naijaking1
Naijaking , from reading others things you wrong, you are igbo. Why do you hate the ijaw people so much to even think of a dog.

For me, I think Isaac Boro was a hero. it takes gut to do what he did. Isaac Boro was widely hated by igbos.
The reason is After the first coup lead by Chuwkuma kaduna ( igbo), He hand over power to another man Ironsi(igbo) on January 15th 1966, Isaac boro left lagos and head toward ijawland to training ijaw men for  about 40 days how to free his people from igbo and nigeria domination. on February 23, 1966 decleared the republic of Niger delta from the eastern region which the igbo dominated at the time. Isaac Boro was seen as trying to free his ijaws people from igbo domination. Ironsi/Ojukwu govt crush and arrested Isaac Boro.  Isaac Boro was a great follower of chief Obafemi Awolowo. Even the name Delta came from chief obafemi awolowo.
Now naijaking1 how long would you hold hate in you. it is 43 years ago. Naijaking forgive and forget

Is anybody surprised that Awo(convicted felon) would be friendly with another convict like Adaka Boro? I beg no open that Awo can of worms please.

So, now it's Awo that named the area Delta? Sure, just like he named them Ijaws too? Go look up delta, and river confluence please.
Stick with what you know bro: cutting and pasting faulty maps.
Re: Isaac Adaka Boro And Niger Delta Militancy by naso2(m): 5:46pm On Aug 08, 2009
Dede1:

Unfortunately, some folks have gone from adequate contributor to ridiculously mediocre. The issue we had at hand was an attempt of making a hero out of a common criminal. Isaac Adako Boro was not a hero. The peeps such as Beaf, na_so, Sapeleguy and even Ibime had gone hair- wired in determined measure to twist truth and convert falsehood into truth.

@Sapeleguy

You tried very hard to blackmail both naijaking1 and me with such twisted post. But your intelligence or lack thereof reduced you to an inherent betrayal artist.

SO what should I call someone like you that use exaggarated illustrations of how oil was found in OWERRI before oloibiri to explain your theory of Ijaw depedence on Ibos, and used unsolicited accounts of personal expeditions in Ijaw land to adjust historical records?

1 Like

Re: Isaac Adaka Boro And Niger Delta Militancy by naso2(m): 6:02pm On Aug 08, 2009
@dede & @niajaking1

You guys have sustained attempts at selling lies to people by camouflaging the emptiness of your arguments in volumes. Like I said earlier if 42yrs after the start of the civil war ,we still have people like that think like you in Ibo land , then I have extra reasons to support every step Adako Boro took.

Your arguments have been :

1. Adaka Boro was a criminal and saboteur------ To this I say he is our HERO.

2. That before crude oil was discovered , Ijaws were depedent on Ibos economically----------- To this I say , there is every proof in the book that the Ijaws had a system and the resources to sustain economic self-reliance even before crude was discovered.

Anyone busy applauding your comments should be graceful enough to do so in the light of the two contending issues above and nothing else.

1 Like

Re: Isaac Adaka Boro And Niger Delta Militancy by Beaf: 6:04pm On Aug 08, 2009
naijaking1:

You should be attacking Vanguard, not me. That's another case of misplaced priority. Funny. . .

Yes you are funny. Very.

You've taken a story and dishonestly twisted it. You were given several opportunities to retract, but you stupidly stuck with a twisted tale witnesses from both sides of the fence have told you is patently false.

You are now the laughing stock of this thread. grin
Re: Isaac Adaka Boro And Niger Delta Militancy by naso2(m): 6:10pm On Aug 08, 2009
@dede1 & niajaking1

The Niger Delta was colonized by Britain because of her resources in palm produce. The colonization was in two phases, the informal and formal periods. The informal period, 1843-1900, started at Badagry at the Methodist Manse. It was first nurtured by a Methodist priest, Reverend Thomas Birch Freeman, 164 who appealed to Governor George Maclean of the Gold Coast to extend the British Protectorate to Badagry, where he was stationed. As a result, the informal period came into being in 1843, with Sergeant Bart, a Fante soldier, at the head. Their policies were two fold. First, was to abolish slave trade and enable the Atlantic Trade in palm oil flourish. Second, was to halt the French in Dahomey from encroaching on the Niger Delta through Badagry. As these were going on, a gunboat was stationed at Fernando Po with Colonel Edward Nicolls in charge. 3

In 1849, Britain took steps to colonize the Niger Delta palm produce resources for her Industrial
Revolution. Her Majesty’s Government divided the Niger Delta into two bights, Bights of Benin and Bonny (Biafra), with John Beecroft as the sole Consul. Between 1849 and 1885, the Badagry end of the Western Delta transformed into the Lagos Colony in 1861, while the entire Niger Delta was renamed ‘Oil Rivers Protectorate’ in 1885, to forestall the Germans in Cameroon from reaching the Niger Delta through Calabar. With the English expansion into the hinterland, they keep changing the name of the Niger Delta as their politics demand, from the Oil Rivers in 1885 to Niger Coast Protectorates in 1893, Southern and Northern Protectorates in 1900, and finally Nigeria in 1914. They ruled Nigeria until 1960 when it became independent.4
The first developmental programme of the colonial government in Nigeria was land reclamation in the Niger Delta. They met the latter’s environmental problems when it was nature-induced. Being a flat swampy and muddy basin, criss-crossed by a labyrinth of waterways, the Delta was subjected to excessive flooding and erosion.

Rather than leaving it as it was, the colonial government planned for its reclamation because of the imperial benefits to be derived. The reclamation would not only give the Ijo enough levees for habitation but also increase their palm produce economy which Britain wanted for her Industrial Revolution.

Hence, the colonial botanists saw Nypa palm, N. fruticans Wurmn, as a panacea to the Delta
environmental problem. It was imported from Singapore and planted in the Niger Delta between 1906 and 1912. From here it spread across the region. But this could neither check erosion nor help in reclaiming the Delta lands. Instead, it began the dreaded degradation of the Niger Delta environment in 165 several dimensions. It was fast replacing the mangrove forest, Rhizophora, whose stabilization of the shoreline was the means of checking erosion.
Re: Isaac Adaka Boro And Niger Delta Militancy by naijaking1: 6:42pm On Aug 08, 2009
na_so:

@dede & @niajaking1

You guys have sustained attempts at selling lies to people by camouflaging the emptiness of your arguments in volumes. Like I said earlier if 42yrs after the start of the civil war ,we still have people like that think like you in Ibo land , then I have extra reasons to support every step Adako Boro took.
Your arguments have been :

1. Adaka Boro was a criminal and saboteur------ To this I say he is our HERO.

2. That before crude oil was discovered , Ijaws were depedent on Ibos economically----------- To this I say , there is every proof in the book that the Ijaws had a system and the resources to sustain economic self-reliance even before crude was discovered.

Anyone busy applauding your comments should be graceful enough to do so in the light of the two contending issues above and nothing else.

42 years is a long time, but don't forget that many of those "abandoned properties" are still functional, and infact yielding revenues to the wrongful owners.
Speaking out is good for the soul and for healing, you should be more worried about other Igbos who have nothing to say.

Your views are respected, but there's nothing new to make me change mine.
Re: Isaac Adaka Boro And Niger Delta Militancy by naijaking1: 6:45pm On Aug 08, 2009
Beaf:

Yes you are funny. Very.

You've taken a story and dishonestly twisted it. You were given several opportunities to retract, but you stupidly stuck with a twisted tale witnesses from both sides of the fence have told you is patently false.

You are now the laughing stock of this thread. grin

What's the problem, can't read a newspaper article? You don't want me to believe a reliable national daily newspaper, but you want me to believe 2 or 3 biased debators on this thread? Who's a laughing stock now?
Re: Isaac Adaka Boro And Niger Delta Militancy by naso2(m): 6:51pm On Aug 08, 2009
naijaking1:

42 years is a long time, but don't forget that many of those "abandoned properties" are still functional, and infact yielding revenues to the wrongful owners.
Speaking out is good for the soul and for healing, you should be more worried about other Igbos who have nothing to say.

Your views are respected, but there's nothing new to make me change mine.

Even if your story of abandoned property is true (which i doubt), It still is not a related premise upon which Adaka boro should be demonised or your theory of ijaw depedence pursued.

If your brothers abandoned property dey port harcourt , then ask ikwere people , wetin be ijaw man own inside?

1 Like

Re: Isaac Adaka Boro And Niger Delta Militancy by Becomrich: 7:14pm On Aug 08, 2009
It is so unfortunate that you igbos are trying to paint Isaac boro as a criminal. but the truth is Isaac Boro had no criminal past. Even before he tried to liberate his people. Isaac Boro was a police office in Lagos and after The igbo coup of January 15 1966. He left lagos about 24 hours after and head toward Yenagoa to liberate his people from the Igbo and Nigeria. Ironsi/Ojukwu govt put down Isaac boro rebel. And destroy the dream of the Niger delta republic.

Where he got the guns and explosive would likely be lagos. He stay in talyor creek with the boys still they attack and declear Niger delta republic.

He was never a saboteur, look chief Obafemi awolowo push for the creation of a region for the ijaws from the west and eastern region call delta but the igbos never allowed this. read your history. And Awolowo was the brain behind the creation of river state.

You people should stop the hate for Ijaws, my scout master as a child was an ijawman and he was a good man.

1 Like

Re: Isaac Adaka Boro And Niger Delta Militancy by naijaking1: 7:15pm On Aug 08, 2009
na_so:

Even if your story of abandoned property is true (which i doubt), It still is not a related premise upon which Adaka boro should be demonised or your theory of ijaw depedence pursued.

If your brothers abandoned property dey port harcourt , then ask ikwere people , wetin be ijaw man own inside?

Now you don't believe 'abandoned properties' ever existed? You're for real
Ikwerre people are not the only ones enjoying other people's abandoned properties, Ogonis, Ijaws too. Don't forget i have a personal experience from an Ijaw relative who's currently forcefully occupying our house in PH.

How's that related to making Adaka Boro a hero
Re: Isaac Adaka Boro And Niger Delta Militancy by naijaking1: 7:25pm On Aug 08, 2009
Becomrich:

It is so unfortunate that you igbos are trying to paint Isaac boro as a criminal. but the truth is Isaac Boro had no criminal past. Even before he tried to liberate his people. Isaac Boro was a police office in Lagos and after The igbo coup of January 15 1966.
He was dismissed from the police force even before the war started----go find out why.

He left lagos about 24 hours after and head toward Yenagoa to liberate his people from the Igbo and Nigeria. Ironsi/Ojukwu govt put down Isaac boro rebel. And destroy the dream of the Niger delta republic.

Where he got the guns and explosive would likely be lagos. He stay in talyor creek with the boys still they attack and declear Niger delta republic.
You bold facer liar, if you don't know who killed Boro, ask the black scorpion, and his men. Even Ijaw people know who killed Boro.

He was never a saboteur, look chief Obafemi awolowo push for the creation of a region for the ijaws from the west and eastern region call delta but the igbos never allowed this. read your history. And Awolowo was the brain behind the creation of river state.
You people should stop the hate for Ijaws, my scout master as a child was an ijawman and he was a good man.

You don't know that Awo's attempts to carve out Rivers state was a retaliation for the percieved assistance easterners gave the northerners in the creation of Midwestern state.

Oh yes, I can see the overflow of your abundant love for Ijaw people, however, that love is not strong enough to allow them control the resources from their own soil undecided
Re: Isaac Adaka Boro And Niger Delta Militancy by Becomrich: 7:27pm On Aug 08, 2009
naijaking, i have a friend who is igbo,you would never believe that he is igbo, no matter how you people say bad about others. there would be a saint among them. Naijaking, look for the good in others and stop the hate. there is good in everybody wither igbo, ijaw or others.
Re: Isaac Adaka Boro And Niger Delta Militancy by naijaking1: 7:39pm On Aug 08, 2009
Becomrich:

naijaking, i have a friend who is igbo,you would never believe that he is igbo, no matter how you people say bad about others. there would be a saint among them. Naijaking, look for the good in others and stop the hate. there is good in everybody wither igbo, ijaw or others.

I wonder why you'll never believe he's Igbo? Does he have to so Yorubanized to be accepted as your friend? I, too have a good Yoruba friend. I'm proud to introduce him as my Yoruba friend, and he also takes me as his Igbo friend. I didn't need to make him an Igboman for him to be accepted.
Don't tell me about Ijaw people, despite all the differences, I have them in my own family.
Re: Isaac Adaka Boro And Niger Delta Militancy by Becomrich: 7:49pm On Aug 08, 2009
How can he be part of the war, when he was arrested after he decleared the niger delta republic and was in jail and dismissed from the police.

Why would the creation of river state be a retaliation, when the nigeria constitution requires that a vote for the creation of mid west region most go thru the western house. since you claim you know history. Now tell me what happen on the floor of the western house.

Control thier resource, the yorubas are not the only blocking resource control. Why would the yorubas block resoruce control. Go and find out. Look Bonga oilfield is in yorubaland, erha oil field is in yorubaland and several oil field. You people claim is in other state. I have the latitude and longtitude of this oilfield and I know where most of the oilfield are. So I can tell you which state own which field. Even the bonga and Erha which are in ondo state produce over 425,000 barrel of oil per day. They are not in other state.

When I told you the north would get 70% of the oil and if they remove yorubas, edo, delta and bayelsa into benin republic. i mean it. I am not telling you a lie.

I have the latitude and longtitude of this oilfield

Bonga oilfield in ondo state 225,000 bpd ----------Latitude 04° 33’ 45’’ North, Longitude 04° 37’ 28’’

http://www.google.ca/search?hl=en&q=bonga+oilfield+bpd&meta=

http://www.exxonmobil.com/apps/crude_oil/crudes/mn_bonga.html

Erha Oilfield in ondo state 200,000 bpd

http://www.google.ca/search?hl=en&q=erha+bpd&meta=

If they remove yorubas, edo, delta and bayelsa into Benin republic, we would have a production minimum capacity of about 900,000 bpd . you can see that nearly half is coming from ondo state. While the north would have about 2,000,000 bpd in full stream . Nearly 3 million if no attack
Re: Isaac Adaka Boro And Niger Delta Militancy by naijaking1: 8:35pm On Aug 08, 2009
Becomerich
Thanks for not pasting another mind boggling map yet.

Adaka Boro was dismissed from the Nigerian police force for being AWOL, not because he was fighting a war, this was way before the war started. After such personnel action, many people would agree that he wasn't even qualified to join the Boy's scout, not to talk of a real army.

Thanks to OBJ's first time as a head of state, he enacted the land reform act, which made it impossible for people to access oil in their own land.

Like the Hausas, you Yorubas just want to get the oil and go your ways. The reality is theat none of the major industrialized nations Japan, Britain, USA, France, Germany, etc controlled, sold, and abused oil economy like we do, so we're not going anywhere by these oppressive steps.
Why do you think Lagos, Ibadan, and Kaduna are more developed than the cities that actually produce oil?

The oil will come and go, but the people of eastern Nigeria will for better or worse remain on their lands, and with their neighbours.
Re: Isaac Adaka Boro And Niger Delta Militancy by Becomrich: 8:41pm On Aug 08, 2009
Isaac boro went AWOL , when he went to liberate his people.

Bonga oilfield  is on the same longtitude as inbetween Okitipupa and Atijere in ondo state

While Erha Oilfield is on the same longtitude  about west of  Atijere in ondo state. While the govt is paying other state for this oilfields.
Re: Isaac Adaka Boro And Niger Delta Militancy by redsun(m): 8:44pm On Aug 08, 2009
Obasanjo is a devil,i will give anything to see that man in pain.
Re: Isaac Adaka Boro And Niger Delta Militancy by Onlytruth(m): 9:19pm On Aug 08, 2009
Becomrich:

I have a friend who (when prodded) never denies he is Yoruba, but swears he would never have any serious engagement with Yoruba, including marriage! He lives and breathes Igbo. He is one of those rare Yorubas who celebrate what he sees as a peoples sublime attributes. Attributes that could create a great nation, not the one that always runs to oil money. He is already successful, thanks to his Igbo orientation and connections. The guy sees himself as Igbo period, and we are not discouraging him! grin If only 10 percent of Yorubas could think like this guy sad
Re: Isaac Adaka Boro And Niger Delta Militancy by naijaking1: 9:43pm On Aug 08, 2009
Becomrich:

Isaac boro went AWOL , when he went to liberate his people.

Bonga oilfield is on the same longtitude as inbetween Okitipupa and Atijere in ondo state

While Erha Oilfield is on the same longtitude about west of Atijere in ondo state. While the govt is paying other state for this oilfields.
If you're not capable of arguing with solid facts, it will be another reason to stick to what you know:cutting and pasting misleading maps.

Even the first page of this thread that sought to eulogize Boro agreed he was dismissed from his job as a police man, because he just wasn't reliable, he went AWOL.

"After briefly working as a teacher Boro joined the police and worked in Port Harcourt. However Boro’s maverick nature saw him go AWOL and start working as an instructor at the Man O’War Bay Character and Leadership Center in Victoria, Western Cameroon. He was fired from his police job for going AWOL."

So, my friend do more pasting than verbal argument shocked
Re: Isaac Adaka Boro And Niger Delta Militancy by Ibime(m): 9:50pm On Aug 08, 2009
@ Babasoty,

Which compound of Amadi-Ama are you from?

I remember the football tournaments between all the compounds in Amadi ie Coco, Ndubuisi, Okujagu, Amadi etc.

I also grew up in Amadi, and my inlaws are also from Amadi.

I remember say Amadi boys na real terrorists. . . . una still dey fight Abuloma boys? grin grin grin
Re: Isaac Adaka Boro And Niger Delta Militancy by Dede1(m): 10:10pm On Aug 08, 2009
It is interesting to note how funny human beings tend to avail themselves with skewed the knowledge or lack thereof. It indicts academic laziness. In a bid to justify that making a hero out of common criminal such as Adaka Boro, some peeps from the other aisle of the debate had gone nuts to prove that one Igbo person fought the Nigeria-Biafra war on the Nigerian side. The issue in not what side certain individuals fought the war but making hero out of an individual that was completely none factor.

If the group I belonged had decided to pursue the southerners who really made Nigerian side rock during war, Adaka Boro probably would have been overlooked. I still wonder why few individuals are citing links that pointed to oblivious circumstances and posting skewed facts about Ike Nwachukwu and Ukpabi Asika. Ndigbo had never made these duo heroes and would not even attempt to suggest such confirmation.

Yes, Ike Nwachukwu served under 6th Brigade of 2nd Division of Nigerian army commanded by Lt. Col. Alani Akinrinade. It is a literary crime to suggest that the Brigade was involved in the massacre of more than 500 hundreds Igbo people in Asaba in order to justify the part many southerners played during the civil war. You should understand that the Biafrans kept intelligence of what was happening on the Nigerian side. The atrocity in Asaba was committed by elements or units under 8th Brigade of 2nd Division under the command of Lt. Col. Francis Aisida.
Re: Isaac Adaka Boro And Niger Delta Militancy by Dede1(m): 10:21pm On Aug 08, 2009
@na_so

You are indeed a misguided fellow. As I said in my previous post, what was termed as Niger Delta by the British as indicated in your post is not the same as the present Niger Delta created by the lunatic and political idiots roaming the jungle called Nigeria.

As for the Shell D’arcy crude oil exploration in southern protectorate and Nigeria, I suggest you perform additional reading.
Re: Isaac Adaka Boro And Niger Delta Militancy by Dede1(m): 10:37pm On Aug 08, 2009
@Ibime

Some peeps from the eastern minorities, especially one of my friends on the Nairaland, had diligently continued to propagate falsehood how the Biafran leadership did not include the minorities in the running of affairs in Biafra. It must be recalled that Biafra was divided into provinces and each of the provinces was govern or administered by an individual from that particular province.

For example, Mr. Emmanuel Aguma administered Port Harcourt Province. Chief Frank Opigo administered Yenagoa Province. MR. S. N. Dikibo administered Degema Province. MR. S. J. Edoho administered Eket Province. Mr. Frank Ugbut administered Ogoja Province. Chief J. Udo-Affiah administered Uyo Province. DR. S. J. Cookey administered Opobo Province. Prof. Eyo Bassey Ndem administered Calabar Province. Chief Ekukinam Bassey administered Annang Province. These administrators ran their schools, paid their teachers and civil servants, collected taxes, maintained roads, and generally administered the provinces.

The act of fairy tale should be reserved for the kids.
Re: Isaac Adaka Boro And Niger Delta Militancy by SapeleGuy: 10:53pm On Aug 08, 2009
The men of the ‘Niger Delta Volunteer Force’ reportedly took the following oath:

"I, a Niger Delta citizen from the town of, today herein sworn in at the Revolutionary Camp of the Niger Delta Volunteer Service, as (an officer, warrant officer, non-commissioned or a serviceman) do solemnly declare to uphold the natural rights and integrity of the Niger Delta peoples and fight with my life for the restoration of same. So help me God."

The campaign to crush the insurrection was led by Major John Obienu of the Recce regiment supported by infantry elements of the 1st battalion in Enugu."
Re: Isaac Adaka Boro And Niger Delta Militancy by Ibime(m): 10:54pm On Aug 08, 2009
Dede1:

@Ibime

Some peeps from the eastern minorities, especially one of my friends on the Nairaland, had diligently continued to propagate falsehood how the Biafran leadership did not include the minorities in the running of affairs in Biafra. It must be recalled that Biafra was divided into provinces and each of the provinces was govern or administered by an individual from that particular province.

For example, Mr. Emmanuel Aguma administered Port Harcourt Province. Chief Frank Opigo administered Yenagoa Province. MR. S. N. Dikibo administered Degema Province. MR. S. J. Edoho administered Eket Province. Mr. Frank Ugbut administered Ogoja Province. Chief J. Udo-Affiah administered Uyo Province. DR. S. J. Cookey administered Opobo Province. Prof. Eyo Bassey Ndem administered Calabar Province. Chief Ekukinam Bassey administered Annang Province. These administrators ran their schools, paid their teachers and civil servants, collected taxes, maintained roads, and generally administered the provinces.

The act of fairy tale should be reserved for the kids.

I dont get your point here. . . as of today, Amaechi administers PH, Sylva administers Yenogoa and Uduaghan administers Warri. . . . . what does this have to with Aburi Accord?  grin grin grin
Re: Isaac Adaka Boro And Niger Delta Militancy by Dede1(m): 12:29am On Aug 09, 2009
Ibime:

I dont get your point here. . . as of today, Amaechi administers PH, Sylva administers Yenogoa and Uduaghan administers Warri. . . . . what does this have to with Aburi Accord?  grin grin grin

You are very funny individual indeed. What has Aburi Accord got to do with the minorities in Nigeria? To the best of my knowledge, Aburi accord was returning Nigeria to normalcy by observing the strict military parlance in Nigerian army, federalism, resource control between the central and regional governments, merit-oriented civil service and security for all Nigerians regardless of ethnicity or place of abode.

The Aburi's agreements did not deliberate on a particular right of ethnic groups in Nigeria. If you are bent on the creating events and recording them as they suit you, I would not constitute any impediment.
Re: Isaac Adaka Boro And Niger Delta Militancy by Onlytruth(m): 12:39am On Aug 09, 2009
Ibime:

I dont get your point here. . . as of today, Amaechi administers PH, Sylva administers Yenogoa and Uduaghan administers Warri. . . . . what does this have to with Aburi Accord?  grin grin grin

Ibime you are beginning to lose my respect here, and believe me you don't want to do that! No matter how deltans see Biafra or Aburi Accord, they were DELIBERATE [/b]actions of the [b]EASTERN NIGERIAN [/b]government. I still believe that the Accord could have served Nigeria veritably if not for the selfish and myopic leadership of other majority tribes (and some minority ones like Clark, Enahoro and Saro wiwa). The war broke out because the Federal government decided by its own caprices not to implement the Accord. The war or Nigeria's years in the wilderness were all avoidable. Today everyone is clamoring for a [b]SOVEREIGN NATIONAL CONFERENCE (whatever that means!). Clarify yourself or lose my respect for good.

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) ... (14) (Reply)

2015: Sule Lamido’s Entry Rattles Presidency, PDP / Bola Tinubu And Atiku Abubakar Hugged Each Other At Akure Airport / 2023: Don’t Waste Your Money, Rivers Is ‘No-Go Area’, Wike Tells APC

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 105
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.