Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,183,923 members, 7,922,277 topics. Date: Thursday, 15 August 2024 at 11:12 PM

Isaac Adaka Boro And Niger Delta Militancy - Politics (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Isaac Adaka Boro And Niger Delta Militancy (28847 Views)

Buhari Deploys Service Chiefs To Niger Delta Over Rising Militancy. / Who Killed Isaac Adaka Boro? / Major Jasper Isaac Adaka Boro(Sep 10, 1938 – May 9, 1968) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (14) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Isaac Adaka Boro And Niger Delta Militancy by naso2(m): 2:23pm On Aug 03, 2009
naijaking1:

This thread show the depth of human gullibilty.

Before misleading yourselves, please kindly remember that before oil, before the civil war, and before Adaka Boro, Ijaw people ran eastern Nigeria regional government in various capacities: foreign minister, attorney general, etc. This was in an era when revenue came principally from coal(mined in Enugu), personal taxation(mostly from Igbos because there were majority), and agricultural crops like palm fruits(also mostly from Igbos).

Ijaw people were glad to depend on Igbos when there was no oil. Then came the war, the oil, and Adaka Boro.

Oga so na the kind social studies wey you dey teach children be dis? na wa o smiley smiley smiley

For the records there was never a time when resources in Ijawland proved inadequate to meet their needs.

There was never a time when the Ijaws depended on the Ibos because of the revenue generated in Ibo land.

If at somepoint in the history of the nation ,palm produce was the highest revenue earner, and that was credited to the then eastern region , be it known that your statement that most of it was coming from IBO land is grossly false.

Ibos were getting the credit because of the were the dominant tribe in the then eastern region.

I will ask you two questions :
1. Have you heard of the Akassa war of 1895? please find out.

2. Before crude oil was discovered , the present Niger delta was named " OIL RIVERS PROTECTORATE" please find out why.

Do I have to talk about other resources like , Timber ,rubber or the fishing business then?

haba oga.

As early as 1850 there was established tra

1 Like

Re: Isaac Adaka Boro And Niger Delta Militancy by erico2k2(m): 7:32pm On Aug 03, 2009
na wah, people will never learn, who told you guys that during the ceviul war the ND where brothers to Biafra eh?,I have said it again time without numbers, we in the Niger Delta owe nothing to nobody cos nobody except the NDs are helping us out OK, we never wished to be part of any other state than the Niger Delta REPUBLIC, and thats what is going to happen once we get our resource control,
For all your information Edo.Delta,Bayelsa and Rivers are gonna be Niger Delta Republic, anyone else care to join holla

1 Like

Re: Isaac Adaka Boro And Niger Delta Militancy by naso2(m): 9:05pm On Aug 04, 2009
tell them jare
Re: Isaac Adaka Boro And Niger Delta Militancy by Dede1(m): 2:46am On Aug 05, 2009
erico2k2:

na wah, people will never learn, who told you guys that during the ceviul war the ND where brothers to Biafra eh?,I have said it again time without numbers, we in the Niger Delta owe nothing to nobody cos nobody except the NDs are helping us out OK, we never wished to be part of any other state than the Niger Delta REPUBLIC, and thats what is going to happen once we get our resource control,
For all your information Edo.Delta,Bayelsa and Rivers are gonna be Niger Delta Republic, anyone else care to join holla

It is a terrible decease when a person is meshed in delusion of grandeur. The level of idiocy displayed by this poster is very alarming. It is either that the poster is irresistibly blinded to reality or apathetic to education.

To be candid to the poster I plead with someone to inform this misguided fellow that as a geographical reference, Niger Delta does not exist within confines of the jungle called Nigeria. Again, there are estuaries formed by the combination of Rivers Niger, Benue, Imo, Anambra, Urashi and Utamiri. There are other estuaries formed by Rivers Escravos and Forcados. Mention should should be made about estuaries formed by Qua and Cross Rivers. To the dismay of your readers, you lacked the elementary knowledge of the issue in discussion.

There is not doubt that this poster seemed to have serious issues of transferring intuitive formation into a written form. To jolt the posters dull memory, Biafra was a country that represented the defunct eastern region of Nigeria. Again, Niger Delta had never existed and will never exist.
Re: Isaac Adaka Boro And Niger Delta Militancy by naijaking1: 3:07am On Aug 05, 2009
It happens eveywhere: there's always a direct correlation between the level of education/being informed and ethnic/tribal hatred. Why do you think KKK makes its largest recruitment among the illitrate and uneducated peasants of the Appalachian mountains?

Unfortunately, in Nigeria, it's easy for any despot like Boro to mislead uneducated folks from his area. If the philosophies of Boro were correct, he wouldn't have been killed by his"friends", and the so-called Niger delta would have been better today.

Instead, for any complaint Boro had against the eastern Nigerian government, I can show you that the present situation under the Hausa people is much worse x10.
Re: Isaac Adaka Boro And Niger Delta Militancy by naso2(m): 9:55am On Aug 05, 2009
@niajaking1 and dede1
On your claims that the IJaws were dependent on the Ibos until crude oil was discovered, I have asked just 2 questions:

1. Have you heard of the war between The royal Niger company and the Nembes in 1895? If yes what happened?

2. Before crude oil was discovered , the present Niger delta was named " OIL RIVERS PROTECTORATE" by the british . why?

1 Like

Re: Isaac Adaka Boro And Niger Delta Militancy by naijaking1: 11:34am On Aug 05, 2009
na_so:

@niajaking1 and dede1
On your claims that the IJaws were dependent on the Ibos until crude oil was discovered, I have asked just 2 questions:

1. Have you heard of the war between The royal Niger company and the Nembes in 1895? If yes what happened?

2. Before crude oil was discovered , the present Niger delta was named " OIL RIVERS PROTECTORATE" by the british . why?

Why are you so confused?
We're not talking about 1700, or 1800s, we're talking about 1914 after Nigeria was amalgamated, and many tribes were forced into the NIgerian experiment.
We're not talking about selling slaves to the white people for cash, we're talking about generating revenue after slave trade has ended.
You have to keep your historical perspective correct.
Re: Isaac Adaka Boro And Niger Delta Militancy by naso2(m): 12:48pm On Aug 05, 2009
naijaking1:

Why are you so confused?
We're not talking about 1700, or 1800s, we're talking about 1914 after Nigeria was amalgamated, and many tribes were forced into the NIgerian experiment.
We're not talking about selling slaves to the white people for cash, we're talking about generating revenue after slave trade has ended.

Oga why are you being so abusive?. What is the confusion in my statement?

This thread is meant to be about Adaka Boro and we have veered to a discuss what should stand as a seperate thread. I joined this discussion when you unjustifiably labelled ADAKA Boro a common criminal. I believe you see him dfifferently now.

I hope you are not trying to use this as a cover up for the flaw in your claim that ijaws were economonically dependent on the Ibos before crude oil was discovered.

Except if my arithmetic is flawed 1895 to 1914 is less than 20 years so why are you talking of 1700?

Please note that the inclusion of the Ijaws in the present Nigerian project was purely for economic reasons , so what were the drivers of this economy then?

Are you saying that immediately after the amalgamation the Ijaws could no longer serve as a major supplier of palm produce for English interest.

All honest analysts know that even after indepedence before crude became the the major revenue earner for the country , economies in the Niger delta were being sustained by palm produce , rubber and other agricultural activities.

I should think you know all of these but seemingly allowing tribal inclinations to colour your posts.

regards

1 Like

Re: Isaac Adaka Boro And Niger Delta Militancy by naso2(m): 12:53pm On Aug 05, 2009
naijaking1:

So the answer to my questions is slave trade? smiley smiley smiley

The present Niger delta in 1893 was called OIL RIVERS PROTECTORATE becuase of slave trade? smiley smiley smiley smiley I hear you

1 Like

Re: Isaac Adaka Boro And Niger Delta Militancy by Dede1(m): 12:59pm On Aug 05, 2009
na_so:

@niajaking1 and dede1

You have been doing well until this latest post. Are you also insinuating that this latest craziness about Niger Delta predated the British colonial interest in Africa? Maybe the sack of Eko in 1861 by the British should also be attributed to the so-called Niger Delta. In addition, the Benin massacre of 1897 should be joined to the foolishness associated with the so-called Niger Delta. I am sure you were referring to Akassa raid of 1895 in the question where Nembes is mentioned. It is very elementary.

If you think that the oil in the Oil River was attributed to crude oil, you should dismiss yourself from this debate. And I take it that you did not even understand which of the rivers British termed Oil River. I would not disclose the identity of the oil river as indicated in your post.
Re: Isaac Adaka Boro And Niger Delta Militancy by naso2(m): 1:40pm On Aug 05, 2009
Dede1:

You have been doing well until this latest post.

Thank you, at least you try pass your broda naijaking1 small smiley smiley smiley

Dede1:

You have been doing well until this latest post. Are you also insinuating that this latest craziness about Niger Delta predated the British colonial interest in Africa? Maybe the sack of Eko in 1861 by the British should also be attributed to the so-called Niger Delta. In addition, the Benin massacre of 1897 should be joined to the foolishness associated with the so-called Niger Delta. I am sure you were referring to Akassa raid of 1895 in the question where Nembes is mentioned. It is very elementary.

If you think that the oil in the Oil River was attributed to crude oil, you should dismiss yourself from this debate. And I take it that you did not even understand which of the rivers British termed Oil River. I would not disclose the identity of the oil river as indicated in your post.

I find it difficult to understand why you guys are trying by every means to sustain your claim that before crude oil , the Ijaws were economically depedent on the Ibos. Please lets attend to this concern of mine first. If in the face of better information you now see that it could not have been true that the Ijaws were depedants economically , then why try to use unrelated historical premises to support this claim.

The name of the protectorate was a signage pointing to the thriving business of palm produce (palm oil ,palm kernel etc ) in that area ,which was needed by the british for their industries then. We all know that the british started prospecting for oil around 1937 and oil exploration became profitable in the 1960s. I believe my point is clear.

The akassa war triggered by disagreements in the terms of palm produce trade with the british royal niger company.

All of these point to a rich history of self-sustaining economic activities within the confines of Ijaw territory. abi I lie? so let all these talk about dependant stop.

1 Like

Re: Isaac Adaka Boro And Niger Delta Militancy by Ibime(m): 1:47pm On Aug 05, 2009
na_so:

The name of the protectorate was a signage pointing to the thriving business of palm produce (palm oil ,palm kernel etc ) in that area ,which was needed by the british for their industries then. We all know that the british started prospecting for oil around 1937 and oil exploration became profitable in the 1960s. I believe my point is clear.

The akassa war triggered by disagreements in the terms of palm produce trade with the british royal niger company.

All of these point to a rich history of self-sustaining economic activities within the confines of Ijaw territory. abi I lie? so let all these talk about dependant stop.

NaijaKing should listen attentively. It is also important to note that Igbos and Ijaws were both active participants in the Palm Oil trade as I explained to him earlier. There is no trade that Ndigbo engaged in that Ijaws did not engage in, for we were their no1 trading partners.

1 Like

Re: Isaac Adaka Boro And Niger Delta Militancy by Dede1(m): 3:25pm On Aug 05, 2009
@na_so

Ndigbo and Ijo (eastern Ijo) had co-existed and bonded together before the advent of Europeans. In fact, most if not, all the families in Ijo land had Igbo blood because either their great grandmothers or great grandfathers were Igbo. Ijo people are not known for producing palm produce and even when they do it is not of commercial quantity.

The Akassa raid was a ploy designed by the British to achieve among other things a direct trade of good and services with the suppliers instead of dealing with Ijo middlemen.

The crude oil exploration started in southern protectorate in 1948 in place known today as Ondo. After few years of unsuccessful efforts to find crude oil, the Shell D’arcy made a south-east bound move. This move landed Oil Company in Owerri in 1950 and hence Shell Camp is still existence in the Imo State capital. The first crude oil was struck in 1951 around a community located 8 miles north of Owerri. However, the operation was terminated due to high presence of natural gas and hostility encountered from the villagers. Shell moved its operation south bound to Ikot Ekpene and struck oil around a community known as Akata in 1953. The oil was not of commercial quantity and company was about to fold its operation but luck shun on its effort as the company struck crude oil of commercial quantity in 1956 at Oliobiri. 

It must be recalled that cities such as Port Harcourt had been developed from money profited from palm produce, timber, rubber and coal. I did not include fishery for a very good reason.
Re: Isaac Adaka Boro And Niger Delta Militancy by naso2(m): 5:22pm On Aug 05, 2009
Dede1:

@na_so

The Akassa raid was a ploy designed by the British to achieve among other things a direct trade of good and services with the suppliers instead of dealing with Ijo middlemen.

In the Akassa raid the Ijos were forced by the british to sell only to a sole buyer RNC at a price fixed by the british, this was detrimental to the sellers as there was buyer monpoly. Also note that at this time the ijos had established trade links with clients as far as liverpool, there were also some non-English( french and portuguese) interest in the palm produce.

This move by the RNC made the pricing unfavourable to the sellers hence some were forced in a desparate need for survival to resort to "smuggling" palm produce to other buyers. Things came to a head and the Ijos were forced to Attack the RNC.

You have tactically accorded to the status of middlemen to Ijos to diminish the role of Ijos in the production of palm produce. This is very wrong , while there was trade across tribal borders , the core of the produce here came from Ijaw land.

Dede1:

The crude oil exploration started in southern protectorate in 1948 in place known today as Ondo. After few years of unsuccessful efforts to find crude oil, the Shell D’arcy made a south-east bound move. This move landed Oil Company in Owerri in 1950 and hence Shell Camp is still existence in the Imo State capital. The first crude oil was struck in 1951 around a community located 8 miles north of Owerri. However, the operation was terminated due to high presence of natural gas and hostility encountered from the villagers. Shell moved its operation south bound to Ikot Ekpene and struck oil around a community known as Akata in 1953. The oil was not of commercial quantity and company was about to fold its operation but luck shun on its effort as the company struck crude oil of commercial quantity in 1956 at Oliobiri.

Oga I hope all this long story about two cups of oil in owerri and ikot ekpene before it was found in oloibiri in commercial quantity is not a ploy to erode the importance of Ijaws in the story of oil in nigeria? smiley smiley smiley

1 Like

Re: Isaac Adaka Boro And Niger Delta Militancy by naijaking1: 6:15pm On Aug 05, 2009
@Dede1
Thanks again for your wonderful historical perspective.
Where Igbos stop and Ijaws begins remains very fluid, despite all efforts to designate every oil well out of Igboland by Justice Nasir, the true boundary between Ijaws/Ogonis/Igbos/Efiks/Ibibios remain a big question.

Many Igbos living around the area have Ijaw blood in them, so also you can't count 10 Ijaws without one or two having direct Igbo blood. Even Cardinal Rex Lawson's mother was Igbo!

@Ibime
Palm produce was the major cash crop of the former easter Nigeria. While it was shipped out through Ijaw terriority, are we in dispute as to where the crop was mostly produced?
Ijaws and Igbos did not equally produce palm tree, you know that. The Ijaws had palm trees, but they were not the major exporters.
Instead, the Ijaws produced fish---which was important, but not palm produce.
Re: Isaac Adaka Boro And Niger Delta Militancy by naijaking1: 6:40pm On Aug 05, 2009
na_so:

This thread is meant to be about Adaka Boro and we have veered to a discuss what should stand as a seperate thread. I joined this discussion when you unjustifiably labelled ADAKA Boro a common criminal. I believe you see him dfifferently now.

Apart from raising unsubstantiated historical issues, you have not say any thing new to make me change my opinion about Adaka Boro. Instead, I'm actually more appalled.

I hope you are not trying to use this as a cover up for the flaw in your claim that ijaws were economonically dependent on the Ibos before crude oil was discovered.

Yes, yes, and more yes! Before the discovery of oil in commercial quantities, Ijaws depended HEAVILY on the joint revenues generated by the eastern Nigerian government for sustainace and development. Today, 80-90% of all the buildings in Port Harcourt, Enugu, Calabar, Onitsha were built before oil was found, Where did you think the money came from? Ijaw people have always been known for fishing, but the heavy agriculture came from Igboland. I mean Palm produce, cassava, rice, rubber, yam, etc.
Adaka Boro will rot in hell, because after going to school and enjoying all the privilages a good eastern Nigerian educational system could offer BEFORE oil was discovered, he suddenly and myopically proclaimed that he needed independence simply to control the oil.

Except if my arithmetic is flawed 1895 to 1914 is less than 20 years so why are you talking of 1700?

Please note that the inclusion of the Ijaws in the present Nigerian project was purely for economic reasons , so what were the drivers of this economy then?
Are you saying that immediately after the amalgamation the Ijaws could no longer serve as a major supplier of palm produce for English interest.
All honest analysts know that even after indepedence before crude became the the major revenue earner for the country , economies in the Niger delta were being sustained by palm produce , rubber and other agricultural activities.

I should think you know all of these but seemingly allowing tribal inclinations to colour your posts.

regards

There was nothing like economies of the Niger Delta in the 1940-60s, immediately preceeding oil discovery. Please once again get your history straight.
Re: Isaac Adaka Boro And Niger Delta Militancy by erico2k2(m): 7:05pm On Aug 05, 2009
@ Dede1 from your name i presume you are and Igbo ie Biafra, and also you might be from IMO state, if all these are true then I will understand your frustration,E B like say E dey pain U gaga, can you plz go and find the constitutional definition of the Niger Delta as related to the Federal Republic of Nigeria before you type dictionary grammar here I beg you,there was no point in posting all what you posted here, I have said it time and time again,Deltans and 9ja Deltans no like Igbos at any one time,but that does not mean we aint gonna trade with you lot,you stated that Niger Delta Republic will never exist abi, you wait till Nigeria export 0 barrel or Oil/day as at the moment those states, I quoted above represent the Niger Delta is that not waht your bloody people up there agreed in principle?

1 Like

Re: Isaac Adaka Boro And Niger Delta Militancy by erico2k2(m): 7:15pm On Aug 05, 2009
@ Ded1
did you post this?
What is it about this Ijo crude oil crap? In fact, the last time I checked, the onshore crude oil production in Imo State alone trumps those of Rivers or Bayelsa States.

if so may I ask are you on something to make you high or hyperactive?that ur hands are faster then your brains?
Re: Isaac Adaka Boro And Niger Delta Militancy by Dede1(m): 9:30pm On Aug 05, 2009
na_so:

In the Akassa raid the Ijos were forced by the british to sell only to a sole buyer RNC at a price fixed by the british, this was detrimental to the sellers as there was buyer monpoly. Also note that at this time the ijos had established trade links with clients as far as liverpool, there were also some non-English( french and portuguese) interest in the palm produce.

This move by the RNC made the pricing unfavourable to the sellers hence some were forced in a desparate need for survival to resort to "smuggling" palm produce to other buyers. Things came to a head and the Ijos were forced to Attack the RNC.

You have tactically accorded to the status of middlemen to Ijos to diminish the role of Ijos in the production of palm produce. This is very wrong , while there was trade across tribal borders , the core of the produce here came from Ijaw land.
Oga I hope all this long story about two cups of oil in owerri and ikot ekpene before it was found in oloibiri in commercial quantity is not a ploy to erode the importance of Ijaws in the story of oil in nigeria? smiley smiley smiley

I shall not label your efforts as misguided but loads of unfounded exaggerations about Ijo (eastern Ijo) that are even much better than western Ijo. I went to Yenegoa in late 70s and like any other community within Ijo has absolutely nothing that could pass as oil mill. In fact, ordinary farmland is scarce because every nooks and crannies are creeks.
I remembered going from one house to another on canoe.

Mind you that I have traveled wide in the Ijo land and can categorically state that palm produce is not the type of stuff associated with Ijo. If you claim supplying fish, smoked or non-smoked, and probably local Gin (aka mere), you may have valid point pal.

By the way, did Ijo attack trading boats of the Royal Niger Company or the company’s headquarters in Lokoja?
Re: Isaac Adaka Boro And Niger Delta Militancy by Batubo(m): 10:37pm On Aug 05, 2009
Dede1:

I shall not label your efforts as misguided but loads of unfounded exaggerations [b]about Ijo (eastern Ijo) that are even much better than western Ijo. [/b]I went to Yenegoa in late 70s and like any other community within Ijo has absolutely nothing that could pass as oil mill. In fact, ordinary farmland is scarce because every nooks and crannies are creeks.
I remembered going from one house to another  on canoe.

Mind you that I have traveled wide in the Ijo land and can categorically state that palm produce is not the type of stuff associated with Ijo. If you claim supplying fish, smoked or non-smoked, and probably local Gin (aka mere), you may have valid point pal.

By the way, did Ijo attack trading boats of the Royal Niger Company or the company’s headquarters in Lokoja?

I dont know why some old Bastards have access to the internet in this century.
that statement just shows how foolish you are. Western Ijaw, Eastern Ijaw we are the same people
Most prominent people in Ijaw land hail from Bayelsa especially the Nembe kingdom

1 Like

Re: Isaac Adaka Boro And Niger Delta Militancy by Ibime(m): 10:46pm On Aug 05, 2009
Batubo:

grin grin grin grin grin

Calm down. . . . Dede1 is always clowning. . . . you have to take his words as tongue-in-cheek otherwise you would get offended. grin
Re: Isaac Adaka Boro And Niger Delta Militancy by Bialegend0: 11:47pm On Aug 05, 2009
Batubo:

that statement just shows how foolish you are. Western Ijaw, Eastern Ijaw we are the same people
Most prominent people in Ijaw land hail from Bayelsa especially the Nembe kingdom

Are you not the stupid one here? You were able to call the Nembe Ijaw as the promiment among other Ijaws, but you turn around and called Dede1 names because he said that (eastern Ijaw) are much better than western Ijaw. Do you know what it meant to say that some people are prominent among the rest? You are the damn fool here.
Re: Isaac Adaka Boro And Niger Delta Militancy by naijaking1: 12:30am On Aug 06, 2009
Batubo:

Your outburst doesn't help anybody, not even you. Childish tantrum doesn't prove that Adaka Boro wasn't a criminal who rightly belongs in hell.
You can shout and scream all you want, nothing changes. History and events have already proved Boro wrong, very wrong.

@Dede1
Thanks for the aka mere, I almost forgot that too
Re: Isaac Adaka Boro And Niger Delta Militancy by erico2k2(m): 8:54am On Aug 06, 2009
@ Batubo
Chill, dont waste ur time and effort talking to that old fool, who is confined to his limited territory,who dives into the Dic to get new words to post here plus use massively the spell checker on here,he probably saves for the Air time to get on-line in a Caf'e
Re: Isaac Adaka Boro And Niger Delta Militancy by erico2k2(m): 9:02am On Aug 06, 2009
@ Bialegend0,

there ain't no need to call Batubo stupid, you where hearing words from the Horse's mouth right there, amongst tribes some are more prominent than others,this is true for all ethnic groups in Nigeria, even in Igbo land, would you argue that the Anambra people aint the best in trade and Industry in the whole of Igbo land and that the Igbos in Enugu are the most enlightened and educated? tell me if I'm wrong, is that not evidence of being prominent amongst one's tribe?
Re: Isaac Adaka Boro And Niger Delta Militancy by Bialegend(m): 12:43pm On Aug 06, 2009
erico2k2:

@ Bialegend0,

there ain't no need to call Batubo stupid, you where hearing words from the Horse's mouth right there, amongst tribes some are more prominent than others,this is true for all ethnic groups in Nigeria, even in Igbo land, would you argue that the Anambra people aint the best in trade and Industry in the whole of Igbo land and that the Igbos in Enugu are the most enlightened and educated? tell me if I'm wrong, is that not evidence of being prominent amongst one's tribe?
It's either you are naive or you are dumb and can't comprehend. Dede1 pointed out what you just said about Igbos, among the Ijaws, saying that eastern Ijaws are much better than western Ijaws, but the foolish Batubo insulted him and still went on to acknowledge that some Ijaws are prominent among others. Perhaps, he said that because he might come from that so called prominent Bayalsa. I then pointed out his hypocrisy because he doesn't want another person to tell him that among his people, there are prominent ones. He only wanted to say it and then take the whole credit of such knowledge which aint a big deal. Now, here you are spewing rubbish. What is the difference between what you just typed about Igbos and what Dede1 said above among Ijaws?
Re: Isaac Adaka Boro And Niger Delta Militancy by Ibime(m): 1:11pm On Aug 06, 2009
Bialegend, Erico and Dede1 are confused. Batubo is not.

Batubo said the Nembe axis of Ijaw is more prominent. He doesnt mean they are better. He means, they are the heartland of Ijaw. They are the original prototype, with the original Ijaw language. In Ijaw culture, the Nembes are more prominent and less diluted by outside contact. Back in the day, when we did not know that we were Ijaw and thought that we were Okrika, Kalabari, Bonny etc, we used to refer to the Brass/Nembe people as the Ijaws, but we refer to ourselves as Okrikans.

1 Like

Re: Isaac Adaka Boro And Niger Delta Militancy by Dede1(m): 1:22pm On Aug 06, 2009
Ibime:

grin grin grin grin grin

Calm down. . . . Dede1 is always clowning. . . . you have to take his words as tongue-in-cheek otherwise you would get offended. grin

There is nothing in the form of clown or hidden intention to offend. I wrote what I had experienced first hand. I can not bring myself to respond to a backwater dullard such as batubo.

The ill-informed product of incestuous behavior could not even recognize him or her self in a mirror. From the dirty maggot’s (batubo) reply to my post, there is no telling whose father is alien.

The irredeemable dirty son of a bitch could not discern where eastern Ijo ended and western Ijo started. In the history books, there were such nomenclatures and there is intention on my part to divide the Ijo people.

I have lived and stayed with Ijo families and my uncle’s wife is from Okirika. I am of the view that disparaging Ijo people (Bayelsa and Rivers State) in any form or shape, I have done same to myself. But this statement could not be applied to Ijo people with regards to Ndigbo.

From the civil betrayal to abandoned properties, the Ijo people have acted recklessly.
Re: Isaac Adaka Boro And Niger Delta Militancy by Ibime(m): 1:23pm On Aug 06, 2009
. . . grin grin grin
Re: Isaac Adaka Boro And Niger Delta Militancy by Dede1(m): 2:32pm On Aug 06, 2009
@Ibime, Bialegend0, naijaking1, Bialegend.

I appreciate your inputs in the on-going debate. If not for the free nature of Internet, we would not be contending with few backwater dimwits who had never made a trip outside the hut where their mother put to birth talk much understanding the geographical differences between eastern and western Ijo. Yet, the jackasses would navigate their way to a keyboards and lay waste to Internet bandwidths.
Re: Isaac Adaka Boro And Niger Delta Militancy by erico2k2(m): 2:43pm On Aug 06, 2009
Ibime, thanks for your Impute aswel,Im in tune with the Ijaws from Delta state and few from bayelsay cos I have been there but not really much into them ones in Rivers,but never the less, the Net is where people come to air their views, I see no reason for someone to bash the other simply cos they think thier views are wrong, come to the Uk you will see people of different political opinions in power and they all express their views, but we eh eh,I just think calling someone stupid, or any other names is totally out of other,its only and ignorant man that thinks he knows it all,I have met with some few Nairanlanders in Lagos ,Ph and even Delta,they are real people not just Keyboard illusion.
Re: Isaac Adaka Boro And Niger Delta Militancy by Dede1(m): 6:50pm On Aug 06, 2009
@Ibime

I am of the view you are not goofed with eastern Ijo and western Ijo too. I may inquire what you have been smoking if you are confused about Nigerian Ijo. When I referenced eastern Ijo, it meant Ijo people located in the defunct eastern region of Nigeria while western Ijo meant Ijo people located in both defunct western and mid-western regions.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (14) (Reply)

2015: Sule Lamido’s Entry Rattles Presidency, PDP / Bola Tinubu And Atiku Abubakar Hugged Each Other At Akure Airport / 2023: Don’t Waste Your Money, Rivers Is ‘No-Go Area’, Wike Tells APC

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 108
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.