Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,201,761 members, 7,979,611 topics. Date: Saturday, 19 October 2024 at 12:37 PM

Advice: My Father Didn't Train Me In The University,should I Forgive Him? - Family (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Advice: My Father Didn't Train Me In The University,should I Forgive Him? (28419 Views)

Why Nigerian Men Hardly Forgive A Cheating Woman / Children Of Woman Who Hired Assassin To Kill Her Husband: "Forgive Our Mum" / What Can Make You Forgive Your Wife If She Cheats? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Advice: My Father Didn't Train Me In The University,should I Forgive Him? by toprealman: 2:08am On Apr 07, 2016
SUPOL:
Get d work ist.

N y did u mention ur real name here?
EFCC, please what are you waiting for? Go and arrest Chukwuma Edozie!
He needs to explain how a course rep could afford to buy bags of rice and veg oil(cholesterol free)! Can you imagine that this otondo corper voiced his numerous suspicious activities with wanton impunity.....smh, receive sense bro!!!!!

5 Likes

Re: Advice: My Father Didn't Train Me In The University,should I Forgive Him? by DedeNkem: 2:13am On Apr 07, 2016
If you do to him what he did you then you're no different from him.

You only have one father and you can't reject him simply because he didn't sponsor you in the Uni. He gave you life, gave you home, fed and clothed you before the uni. problem.

Don't dicredit someone you did alot of good in your life, because if one mistake.

Show you're better than him by forgiving him now he's still alive. We can choose who we want as friends but we can't choose our family.
Re: Advice: My Father Didn't Train Me In The University,should I Forgive Him? by Missmossy(f): 2:16am On Apr 07, 2016
Eyah!!

Still forgive him,better things ahead.
Re: Advice: My Father Didn't Train Me In The University,should I Forgive Him? by ATERI(m): 2:28am On Apr 07, 2016
Fanirandele:
This is why such men keep abandoning there responsibilities towards their children since they know how sentimental Africans are angry

Forgive him sure but if you ever give him all the same things you give a real parent who took care of their children all through then what has he learnt?

All I'm learning from this thread is fathers feel free to abandon your kids. You will still reap at the end abi

This is why men will keep abandoning their kids

You are making a big mistake! Even married couple do become pregnant unexpectedly, not to talk of youngsters. So what do you think would happen if you impregnate someone that denies you access to your child unless you are ready to marry her? That is where all the problems tend to start from. Of course, OP`s case is different, but just saying that you never know what can happen to you tomorrow, as long as you deal with the opposite sex you are not in total control of anything. I would suggest to you that only crazy people would choose not to be part of their children`s upbringing and those ones are in absolute minority. Until you have witnessed or experienced how women use kids as a bargaining tool, you shouldn`t be judgemental. Men abandoning their kids, really?
Re: Advice: My Father Didn't Train Me In The University,should I Forgive Him? by ATERI(m): 2:45am On Apr 07, 2016
YorceelinaBlaq:
I believe d greatest gift any child can receive from his parent is d privilege of being born into d world. Quite alryt, it is d duty of every parent to train his/her child buh we shudnt expect things to always work according to d normz. Things fall apart for beta things to fall in place. At least, he trained u up to secondary school level n God remained faithful to d end. U just av to forgive him. God has made him ur father...u can't change dat.

This coming from a female. Truly proud of you!
Re: Advice: My Father Didn't Train Me In The University,should I Forgive Him? by Sparkle777(f): 2:49am On Apr 07, 2016
@ op. I d have just read and kept quiet as usual but for the fact u said ur dad is an idol worshipper and he also curses ur future.
Listen carefully, u dnt have sense. U ve not even gotten a job sef and u re already feeling like an indian film movie star. U tink its easy to get job, u neva see sumtin.
I was lucky to get a job afta service,yet was still getting money from my ppl. Salary can not complet u as such.
Our ppl say e neva beta finish for whom dem bless e com be who dem curse. Stop provokin ur dad, those curses frm his shrine may affect u one day, afterall u re his son.
Finally,ppl have been beggin u to remove urname yet u no send. I also observe u re not the one directly involved but just a friend. It also shows how wicked u are. The person involved can come here himself so which one be ur own? A mere google search from his would be employers can reveal this and show he s not a private dependable staff.
I know close ppl who hav done worse to their offspring,yet the abandoned wife and kid forgave,how much more u wey dem train reach sec.sch.

1 Like

Re: Advice: My Father Didn't Train Me In The University,should I Forgive Him? by YorceelinaBlaq(f): 3:09am On Apr 07, 2016
ATERI:

This coming from a female. Truly proud of you!
smiley
Re: Advice: My Father Didn't Train Me In The University,should I Forgive Him? by tottinova: 3:10am On Apr 07, 2016
makasimatics:
I am Chukwuma Edozie,from Ogbunike, In Oyi Local government Area,Anambra State.
since I was born, I have never experienced any positive behavior from my father.
He has proved to be a difficult person.
in fact! to the best of my knowledge, he is a very cuny,greedy,and selfish human being.

He would make money but would rather invest it on harlots instead of we the children who are interested in education. In fact, one of his stupid friend had advised him one certain time to not waste his money in the name of training us in the university. " secondary school level is enough for us ", the man said. I don't know if that was what contributed in making my father to neglect me when I was in the university reading mathematics.
Even,amid my days in the versity, I used to take some bags of rice and tin of life vegetable oil to our house without receiving any ' thanks ' from any body though, my mum would sometimes appreciate. I did all those because of the money I generated in my class as a course rep.

Now I have graduated and gone for service in peace after training my self in the university.

With these experiences, I want to know if somebody would blame me if I fail to appreciate him as my father in case I get a work in the future.
Now he tries to come close to me because, he believes that I have conquered

After abandoning me in the campus to die, he still wants to reap the benefits of what he never merited.

well, I think I know what is is my mind.

God forgives you
Then forgive him

There's no real arithmetic in that.
Re: Advice: My Father Didn't Train Me In The University,should I Forgive Him? by Fanirandele: 3:16am On Apr 07, 2016
ATERI:

You are making a big mistake! Even married couple do become pregnant unexpectedly, not to talk of youngsters. So what do you think would happen if you impregnate someone that denies you access to your child unless you are ready to marry her? That is where all the problems tend to start from. Of course, OP`s case is different, but just saying that you never know what can happen to you tomorrow, as long as you deal with the opposite sex you are not in total control of anything. I would suggest to you that only crazy people would choose not to be part of their children`s upbringing and those ones are in absolute minority. Until you have witnessed or experienced how women use kids as a bargaining tool, you shouldn`t be judgemental. Men abandoning their kids, really?

Yeah yeah blame everything on women. Day after after people come in Nairaland to talk about irresponsible fathers who abandoned their kids. How many women have you heard of abandoning their kids or responsibilities towards them? You lot love to blame everything on women even when clearly this issue had nothing to do with the mother stopping him from seeing his kids. By the way many men have also restricted mothers from having access to their children after a divorce so it's bother parties that do that. The difference is mothers will walk the whole country and cry and beg for their kids until someone steps in and helps them That's what real parenting is about. The men will tell themselves don't worry your children will come back to you later. That is the difference
Most of the men who abandon their responsibilities towards their children do so of their own accord. Like the Op's Father, many of them will rather use money to carry girls and drink beer than take care of their children
How is that the mothers fault? It's time for society to hold these men responsible

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Advice: My Father Didn't Train Me In The University,should I Forgive Him? by PheezyLee(m): 3:59am On Apr 07, 2016
U never get job sef u av been thinking this way... dnt be deceived dude, u still need his blessing to prosper.
Re: Advice: My Father Didn't Train Me In The University,should I Forgive Him? by Sleekbaby(f): 4:13am On Apr 07, 2016
Bros Op, please do remove the name and the picture too, this might haunt him in near future and I hope you took permission from him before writing this down bcoz you said that you are not the one but your friend. This is public forum and you don't know who and who that are reading, u exposed everything about this guy both town and LG, somethings are better in an anonymous form, thanks.
Re: Advice: My Father Didn't Train Me In The University,should I Forgive Him? by ATERI(m): 4:15am On Apr 07, 2016
Fanirandele:

Yeah yeah blame everything on women. Day after after people come in Nairaland to talk about irresponsible fathers who abandoned their kids. How many women have you heard of abandoning their kids or responsibilities towards them? You lot love to blame everything on women even when clearly this issue had nothing to do with the mother stopping him from seeing his kids. By the way many men have also restricted mothers from having access to their children after a divorce so it's bother parties that do that. The difference is mothers will walk the whole country and cry and beg for their kids until someone steps in and helps them That's what real parenting is about. The men will tell themselves don't worry your children will come back to you later. That is the difference
Most of the men who abandon their responsibilities towards their children do so of their own accord. Like the Op's Father, many of them will rather use money to carry girls and drink beer than take care of their children
How is that the mothers fault? It's time for society to hold these men responsible

Trust me, women do walk out on their men-leaving children behind, but not as frequently as men do. You and I have to agree to disagree because you believe that men abandon their children out of choice and carelessness. I`m sure that is not necessarily the case. It`s obvious the more I try to let you see the other side of the argument, the more you interpret that to me some kind of support for irresponsible dads.
Re: Advice: My Father Didn't Train Me In The University,should I Forgive Him? by Nuahall2k14(m): 4:39am On Apr 07, 2016
Fool... It is a Right.. Backward c*nts like u think it's a luxury.
Sunofgod:
You can have two grandfathers - but only one father...

Make your way in life, make your money, and be a better person.

Ps: A University Education is a luxury not a 'given'.
Re: Advice: My Father Didn't Train Me In The University,should I Forgive Him? by tunde1200(m): 4:40am On Apr 07, 2016
ammyluv2002:
Well, you have every reason to be mad but remember, God gave you this success. He gave you dis ability cause He knows you can survive without your dad.

Just give him all the respect due to him and acknowledge him as your dad for your own good....holding such a serious beef will hinder your prayers & success to an extent. Don't let him hold you in captivity, he's not worth it so please let it go.
Re: Advice: My Father Didn't Train Me In The University,should I Forgive Him? by digitalsimboja: 4:46am On Apr 07, 2016
Brotherly if u want to turn away from that direction and be independent for life without blaming ur dad, why not give it a try, drop ur email and i will send u a video link dat can change ur life, give ur time on the internet meaningful and earn u some raw cash from ur effort, Goodluck.....Information is the currency of our time...rmba
Re: Advice: My Father Didn't Train Me In The University,should I Forgive Him? by greatiyk4u(m): 4:50am On Apr 07, 2016
MzPecs:
My father didn't train me in the university too and doesn't even know bout my well being so forgive him anyway... cool

Serious?
Re: Advice: My Father Didn't Train Me In The University,should I Forgive Him? by obrien29(m): 5:19am On Apr 07, 2016
makasimatics:
since I was born, I have never experienced any positive behavior from my father.
in fact! to the best of my knowledge, he is a very cuny,greedy,and selfish human being.

He would make money but would rather invest it on harlots instead of we the children who are interested in education. In fact, one of his stupid friend had advised him one certain time to not waste his money in the name of training us in the university. " secondary school level is enough for us ", the man said. I don't know if that was what contributed in making my father to neglect me when I was in the university reading mathematics.
Even,amid my days in the versity, I used to take some bags of rice and tin of life vegetable oil to our house without receiving any ' thanks ' from any body though, my mum would sometimes appreciate. I did all those because of the money I generated in my class as a course rep.

Now I have graduated and gone for service in peace after training my self in the university.

With these experiences, I want to know if somebody would blame me if I fail to appreciate him as my father in case I get a work in the future.

After abandoning me in the campus to die, he still wants to reap the benefits of what he never merited.

Apart from course rep was there any other way you used in training yourself? Because I have this problem you had, but I dont seem to find solution. If there is any other way, please tell me
Re: Advice: My Father Didn't Train Me In The University,should I Forgive Him? by magicminister: 5:24am On Apr 07, 2016
[size=15pt]you don't have a father, you only have a sperm donor.
If your so called father picked women and alcohol over you his son, then you owe absolutely nothing to him.
Let his women and alcohol take care of him.
Even the bible condemned men that cannot take care of their family.
[/size]

3 Likes

Re: Advice: My Father Didn't Train Me In The University,should I Forgive Him? by happney65: 5:40am On Apr 07, 2016
He is very very stupid..Do you think the World owe anybody anything?Sit down there and be sulking about your father that decided not to sponsor u..Nonesense
Re: Advice: My Father Didn't Train Me In The University,should I Forgive Him? by Nobody: 5:45am On Apr 07, 2016
Congrats on the success. Pls don't repay evil with evil for two wrongs do not make a right. You need his bless.
Re: Advice: My Father Didn't Train Me In The University,should I Forgive Him? by seenter84: 5:52am On Apr 07, 2016
It was not written for your dad to send you to school. It was written that you will do it by yourself. Thank your creator for your success
Re: Advice: My Father Didn't Train Me In The University,should I Forgive Him? by yash33: 5:55am On Apr 07, 2016
Every disappointment is a blessing. If him no abandon you, you for no dey this enterprising. You for don join "father give me money club".
Forgive the man, but watch the guy.
Re: Advice: My Father Didn't Train Me In The University,should I Forgive Him? by lastpage: 6:15am On Apr 07, 2016
makasimatics:

You are a TRUE Son of your Father! grin
You've not even got a job, you are already planning on how to take VENGEANCE on your Father! shocked shocked
To you now, you think it is just by your "hardwork and smartness" that you went through school and survived, right?
You forgot that many are more hardworking and smarter.... yet do not have the benefit of finishing school..... some even died during NYSC!

Where did you put "The GRACE of God" in all these?

Finally, your father did wrong.....

But let me ask you: How are you better than your father, if you also want to treat him badly, same way he treated you?
You see WHY l called you the true Son of your father?
grin grin grin

Same wicked, vengeful and evil gene abound in both of you.

I hope you know that there is a promise of "long life and abundance" to those children who take good care of their parents.... irrespective of the Parents behaviour!

The Holy Bible said and l quote: "Honor thy FATHER and thy MOTHER..... so that thy days may be LONG in the land (Riches) the Lord had giveth thee"!

I am a living Witness to that promise. undecided

As a matter of fact, my first income (as a full blown Graduate worker) was given to my parents, INTACT, as l got it from my employer (Pay-packet, back then grin ), for them to bless and take as they feel like.
Old Man "blessed it" (and said "The work of your hands will always be blessed"...never going to forget those words!) ...and took some out of it and Mamma took her share from it also.....and returned the rest to me.
And that was it. They never asked for more (Okay, they are comfortable financially but l always make a it a duty to give them more and buy gifts for them, because l cherish their prayers more than anything in the world)

Lastpage!
(Editted)

1 Like

Re: Advice: My Father Didn't Train Me In The University,should I Forgive Him? by christinie(f): 6:29am On Apr 07, 2016
Psalm 118:22 ►
"The stone the builders rejected has become the cornerstone;".

Exodus 20:12 ►
"Honour your father and your mother, so that you may live long in the land the LORD your God is giving you".

Matthew 6:12 ►
"And forgive us our sins, as we have forgiven those who sin against us".

First of all I am going to say congratulations to you my dear brother. God is indeed wonderful. Thank you Jesus.

Secondly I say thanks to you for being steadfast, for not relenting. Thank you for being focused.

You are like the rejected stone that has become the chief corner stone (Psalm 118:22) and I am very happy for you.

The Bible urges us to honour honour our father and our mother that we may live long. (Exodus 20:12).
You must honour your parents even if they don't deserve your honour. In so doing, God will bless you so much and satisfy you with long life. You must overlook your father's flaws and honour him as God commanded.

God said we should forgive others so that our sins will be forgiven (Matthew 6:12). Forgive your dad and you will see how heaven will pour down blessings on you. Begin by praying for him daily. Ask God to forgive and bless him.

When you get a job, do not hesitate to care for your dad. Show him love and God will bless you so much. Even if your parents refuse to appreciate your gifts, don't worry, God appreciates.

Please take off that part where you criticised your dad.

I am not talking as a person of this world, rather as a covenant child of God.

God bless you.

makasimatics:

Re: Advice: My Father Didn't Train Me In The University,should I Forgive Him? by kunle75(m): 6:29am On Apr 07, 2016
makasimatics:

He is your father but you can what ever pleases you now and wait for the consequences later.

My penny
Re: Advice: My Father Didn't Train Me In The University,should I Forgive Him? by Welcomme: 6:35am On Apr 07, 2016

1 Like

Re: Advice: My Father Didn't Train Me In The University,should I Forgive Him? by Banter1(m): 6:35am On Apr 07, 2016
efemenaslectura:
what's the difference between him and orphans

Started with unnecessary sentiments
the difference is, his father still alive.
Re: Advice: My Father Didn't Train Me In The University,should I Forgive Him? by Nobody: 6:37am On Apr 07, 2016
See you that even has a man to call a father.
Bro to you that man is useless. But you never know what hi worth are untill he will kick the bucket. As for him not training u in the uni. It's not a must and he don't owe u that. Atleast if he had not been doing these things u afore mentioned. Who knows how lazy u would become now. If I tell u wetin my own case be. You will forver be grateful and thankful to ur father. Like it not he is still ur father. So appreciate him in all. He will change. Believe me.
Re: Advice: My Father Didn't Train Me In The University,should I Forgive Him? by doskie(m): 6:38am On Apr 07, 2016
makasimatics:

how old are you sir?

you dont wash your linen in the public except anonymously

how much was your salary as a course rep?
Re: Advice: My Father Didn't Train Me In The University,should I Forgive Him? by babamadiba(m): 6:38am On Apr 07, 2016
SUPOL:
Get d work ist.

N y did u mention ur real name here?
this guy is been tru a lot, he pured out his heart. He will surely get a job.
Re: Advice: My Father Didn't Train Me In The University,should I Forgive Him? by Nobody: 6:44am On Apr 07, 2016
ARE YOU THE ONLY PERSON HIS FATHER DID NOT TRAIN IN THE UNIVERSITY Your even lucky he train you to finish secondary school and sit for jamb
Re: Advice: My Father Didn't Train Me In The University,should I Forgive Him? by 2sexycom(m): 6:44am On Apr 07, 2016
makasimatics:

well, it's not me sha. but the corper who puts on both NYSC crested vest and the jacket is my friend who encountered such from his father.

he is presently searching for job
the guy is my brother oooo. I am from Oyi as well. Chai. sad

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Graphic Photos: Man Bites Off Another Man's Lower Lip Over Woman In Delta State / My Wife Bleaches And Smells; It's Affecting My Health: Husband / Why I Do Not Want To Have Babies After Two Years Of Marriage - Lady Reveals

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 84
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.