Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,171,196 members, 7,880,723 topics. Date: Friday, 05 July 2024 at 04:17 AM

General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. - Travel (91) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. (1229211 Views)

DIY Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa - Part 2 / Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 / Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (88) (89) (90) (91) (92) (93) (94) ... (607) (Go Down)

Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by smilinguy: 3:41pm On Oct 26, 2016
40manlappy:
My wife got a positive assessment from CA today. Took about 20 days and the application was via email.

Thanks to the gurus in the house and others who gave us useful tips and encouragement.

cc: kubbiebrownie, angiesteve, mrsdee, Bimpsy99, bellong

Congratulations, please how mush did it cost?
Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by 40manlappy: 3:50pm On Oct 26, 2016
toslad:
@40manlappy,

Congrats but didnt she use her transcript from school?

Yes she did but it was in addition to her BSc:ACA certificate, ICAN transcript and letter of good standing from the institute.

She did. It is necessary. Shall try to outline the list of documents that we submitted later in the day.
Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by 40manlappy: 3:53pm On Oct 26, 2016
smilinguy:

Congratulations, please how mush did it cost?

AUD600
Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by Prolivingproof(m): 6:20pm On Oct 26, 2016
bellong:

You can submit your MSc then.. you are good to go. Should get a positive assessment. I reckon VETASSES will only go you the post MSc experience which is not bad for 10points

bellong

Thank you a million times for being so kind.

just one more thing, can i present a one year bank statement showing salary and allowances paid by my employer in lieu of payslips?
Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by bellong: 10:25pm On Oct 26, 2016
Prolivingproof:

bellong

Thank you a million times for being so kind.

just one more thing, can i present a one year bank statement showing salary and allowances paid by my employer in lieu of payslips?

Is there a problem with getting the payslips?

If you can get payslip, you only need to show first three months of starting, another 3 months mid year and the last 3 months till date.
In addition to the payslips, you can submit bank statement as a third party evidence. The bank statement can show payment when you started, mid-year and the last 6 months.

If you can lay hold on your tax certificate, include it also.

If you can't get payslip, you can use bank statement and tax certificate.
Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by Prolivingproof(m): 4:29am On Oct 27, 2016
bellong:

If you can get payslip, you only need to show first three months of starting, another 3 months mid year and the last 3 months till date.
In addition to the payslips, you can submit bank statement as a third party evidence. The bank statement can show payment when you started, mid-year and the last 6 months.

bellong
Thanks. I appreciate
Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by tonymd: 7:20am On Oct 27, 2016
I have been patiently reading this thread on page 1 till page 90 for about 3 months now and I must say I was completed blown away by the rare kindness and selflessness shown by people here on this, especially Baba BELLONG and SCROLL and a host of other who have immensely contributed to the growth of information in this page. you guys are the bomb and God will continue to shower you with blessings.

Baba belong I'd like to adopt you as a mentor as you seem to have indepth knowledge concerning skilled australian migration while demonstrating palpable humility, sincerity and discipline. You ve won my respect bro. please I humbly request for your personal email sir, mine being umeaditony@gmail.com. would love to hear from you soon Sir

for introduction, Im a medical doctor who graduated from University of Nigeria January 2015, worked in a hospital roughly about 2years, set to go to NYSC by next month, though Im willing to leave it if good comes up due to the harsh economic circumstances I may not want to work in Nigeria.

My question is this house, I ve carefully gone through the Skilled Occupation List SOL, I know that for me to practice as a doctor in aussie, I have to write the Australian medical board exams but I cant write the exam anywhere in Africa hence I would love to move to australia to obtain a PR with another job then while on it I write my Australian medical board exams which I will surely ace by God's grace. I will be writing both IELTS and PTE soon and I hope to meet the required 60 points with or without sate sponsorship

The problem I have now is that I couldnt find the best job suitable for my line of profession being a doctor. However I found
Primary Health Organisation Manager ANZSCO Code: 134213 VETASSESS
Welfare Centre Manager ANZSCO Code: 134214 ACWA/VETASSESS

I ve read the job descriptions but still not satisified if they can accept me with only a medical bachelors if I qualify up to 60 points. As I felt the jobs might need a masters or be advanced, please correct me if I am wrong
Residents of Australia is there any other of the skilled occupation list Im qualified for with Nigerian medical bachelors so I can get PR and work easily over there for the time being till I write the Australian medical board exams.

Thank you everyone in anticipation of your apt replies and answers to my question. God bless you all. Tschus!

1 Like

Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by bellong: 7:23am On Oct 27, 2016
@Lolaishola,

How may I help you?
Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by vinoc: 1:56pm On Oct 27, 2016
[quote author=jukeblam post=50383670]

Please can you also send me the PTE-A material on mgbenkachukwunonso@yahoo.com
Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by vinoc: 1:58pm On Oct 27, 2016
jamson:

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B9OCs-sEequQeXhDbEdVaThfM3c/view?usp=sharing

also watch this youtube videos and the related ones from same tutor

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=teVfEY_emTw

Best wishes
Please can u send me the materials on mgbenkachukwunonso@yahoo.com
Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by piusford: 3:37pm On Oct 27, 2016
bellong:

Good afternoon, sir.
Pardon my question, if it appears ignorant. My taxes are deducted from source before payment, and reflected on my payslips, do I still need tax certificate?
Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by qotl: 4:33pm On Oct 27, 2016
thanks alot bellong. ive been reading from page 0, though ive skipped. can i still relocate to Australia with my msc and no job experience? [quote author=bellong post=50483610]^^^^
Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by Bnimz(m): 4:48pm On Oct 27, 2016
qotl:
thanks alot bellong. ive been reading from page 0, though ive skipped. can i still relocate to Australia with my msc and no job experience?

Depends on your occupation. Most assessing bodies like to see work experience... are you an Engineer?
Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by jamson: 5:55pm On Oct 27, 2016
vinoc:
Please can u send me the materials on mgbenkachukwunonso@yahoo.com
Click on the Google drive link on my post and there you have the materials you are requesting for. Same link is pasted below

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B9OCs-sEequQeXhDbEdVaThfM3c/view?usp=sharing
Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by qotl: 6:22pm On Oct 27, 2016
no. i have bsc in information resources management and msc in industrial and labour relations. i qualify as an information/ records manager. its listed on the csol though but i do not have any work experience.
Bnimz:

Depends on your occupation. Most assessing bodies like to see work experience... are you an Engineer?
Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by bellong: 9:59pm On Oct 27, 2016
piusford:

Good afternoon, sir.
Pardon my question, if it appears ignorant. My taxes are deducted from source before payment, and reflected on my payslips, do I still need tax certificate?

For authenticity sake, they do like people to attach a third party evidence like bank statement showing salary paid or tax certificate. You can add any of the two.

Meanwhile, it doesn't matter if your tax is deducted from source, you can get copy of your tax certificate from either the State inland revenue or federal inland revenue depending on where your tax is remitted.

1 Like

Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by chidike(m): 10:00pm On Oct 27, 2016
tonymd:
I have been patiently reading this thread on page 1 till page 90 for about 3 months now and I must say I was completed blown away by the rare kindness and selflessness shown by people here on this, especially Baba BELLONG and SCROLL and a host of other who have immensely contributed to the growth of information in this page. you guys are the bomb and God will continue to shower you with blessings.

Baba belong I'd like to adopt you as a mentor as you seem to have indepth knowledge concerning skilled australian migration while demonstrating palpable humility, sincerity and discipline. You ve won my respect bro. please I humbly request for your personal email sir, mine being umeaditony@gmail.com. would love to hear from you soon Sir

for introduction, Im a medical doctor who graduated from University of Nigeria January 2015, worked in a hospital roughly about 2years, set to go to NYSC by next month, though Im willing to leave it if good comes up due to the harsh economic circumstances I may not want to work in Nigeria.

My question is this house, I ve carefully gone through the Skilled Occupation List SOL, I know that for me to practice as a doctor in aussie, I have to write the Australian medical board exams but I cant write the exam anywhere in Africa hence I would love to move to australia to obtain a PR with another job then while on it I write my Australian medical board exams which I will surely ace by God's grace. I will be writing both IELTS and PTE soon and I hope to meet the required 60 points with or without sate sponsorship

The problem I have now is that I couldnt find the best job suitable for my line of profession being a doctor. However I found
Primary Health Organisation Manager ANZSCO Code: 134213 VETASSESS
Welfare Centre Manager ANZSCO Code: 134214 ACWA/VETASSESS

I ve read the job descriptions but still not satisified if they can accept me with only a medical bachelors if I qualify up to 60 points. As I felt the jobs might need a masters or be advanced, please correct me if I am wrong
Residents of Australia is there any other of the skilled occupation list Im qualified for with Nigerian medical bachelors so I can get PR and work easily over there for the time being till I write the Australian medical board exams.

Thank you everyone in anticipation of your apt replies and answers to my question. God bless you all. Tschus!
My relative moved to Australia last year, he's a Doctor, now working in a hospital over there. He said it's almost impossible to be assessed as a Doctor, because you are required to pass two exams, one can be written in the UK or Australua and the other is in Australia and you must also have at least one year work experience in Australia, these can be waived if you have written the exam in UK and have practiced there for at least a year.

His wife was the one who applied so they got PR through her own occupation, he got there wrote the exams and is now working as a doctor in a hospital. So it's difficult for Doctors. I don't know any other way.

You could do Masters though, if you have the funds and get a job after.
Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by bellong: 10:31pm On Oct 27, 2016
qotl:
no. i have bsc in information resources management and msc in industrial and labour relations. i qualify as an information/ records manager. its listed on the csol though but i do not have any work experience.

With VETASSES, to get positive assessment you need at least one year experience which you don't have.

Aside that, no state is sponsoring that occupation except South Australia and it is on the special conditions list meaning that you must hat least 80points to be invited.
Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by bellong: 10:38pm On Oct 27, 2016
@tonymd,

Yes, your degree will be assessed to equal bachelor degree which is what is needed for the occupation. However, your experience will be assessed negatively.

For primary health organization manager or medical administrator, you need at least three years experience in primary health care or as a medical administrator. Those two are the only ways you can move without going through the medical board exam.

I believe the exam can be written either in Egypt or South Africa. On passing the first stage, you can use it to get employer's sponsored visa to go through the second stage or one year supervision practice.

As previously said, if you have a lot of money, another option is to come as a student so you can write the exam and look for sponsorship after.
Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by Bnimz(m): 12:45am On Oct 28, 2016
Shuoo, na so I see email some minutes ago say Pearson dey send my score report to DIBP shocked Me wey never even do Expression of Interest? Make dem chill nah .. I instantly contacted Pearson live chat.. they said apparently I ticked a certain box during registration say:

"By ticking this box you consent to Pearson making your score report available to the Australian Department for Immigration and Border Protection (DIBP) electronically for the purposes of administering the visa application process, including decisions on your visa

Na so I confuse...

Abeg this thing don do anybody else before? I thought we were meant to send score report manually when we dey ready to use am
Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by oknee: 2:07am On Oct 28, 2016
Bnimz:
Shuoo, na so I see email some minutes ago say

Normal. Dibp requires you send your pte result online. If you use only hard copy during application, they will still contact you to do it, thereby resulting in delays.
Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by tonymd: 5:48am On Oct 28, 2016
bellong:
@tonymd,

Yes, your degree will be assessed to equal bachelor degree which is what is needed for the occupation. However, your experience will be assessed negatively.

For primary health organization manager or medical administrator, you need at least three years experience in primary health care or as a medical administrator. Those two are the only ways you can move without going through the medical board exam.

I believe the exam can be written either in Egypt or South Africa. On passing the first stage, you can use it to get employer's sponsored visa to go through the second stage or one year supervision practice.

As previously said, if you have a lot of money, another option is to come as a student so you can write the exam and look for sponsorship after.

Thank you very much bellong, by next year I should have gotten 3 years experience then I can quickly apply, however would just want to know if I can be accepted by vetasses for the post of primary health organization manager and welfare manager for PR if I qualify for the sixty points, then write the medical board exams when I'm in oz, however my problem with the Masters is what is the guarantee they will give me a job when Im done and not send me back to Nigeria even after passing the step one of the board exams. Secondly the fees are quite expensive perhaps could you offer me an idea of a scholarship I can readily get with good IELTS score.
Thank you very much once again
Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by Cecegal: 8:29am On Oct 28, 2016
Good Day House,

I know this has been discussed a couple of time but we need precise advice on this.

One of the companies Hubby worked for was sold in 2010 and EA has asked for some feedback which includes a reference for everywhere he was employed as an Engineer,We have tried to no avail to get a reference for this particular Coy now we have resolved to do a statutory declaration for work experience,Am asking anyone who has gone through this process or who has an exact knowledge of what we should do to please share here so others can benefit from it too.

Let me add that because of the plenty Ajala the traveler we have been doing over the years Hubby cant find his employment letter but has been able to lay his hands on some payslips after some rigorous search.

TIA.
Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by mamajaz(f): 2:19pm On Oct 28, 2016
Bnimz:
Shuoo, na so I see email some minutes ago say Pearson dey send my score report to DIBP shocked Me wey never even do Expression of Interest? Make dem chill nah .. I instantly contacted Pearson live chat.. they said apparently I ticked a certain box during registration say:

"By ticking this box you consent to Pearson making your score report available to the Australian Department for Immigration and Border Protection (DIBP) electronically for the purposes of administering the visa application process, including decisions on your visa

Na so I confuse...

Abeg this thing don do anybody else before? I thought we were meant to send score report manually when we dey ready to use am
That result dey shirk Pearson self.
Success is good!!!

3 Likes

Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by Modele35: 6:22pm On Oct 28, 2016
@ Bellong.. well done. please can I have your email please. i need to ask you some private questions for a brother who is applying. his course is not listed and he does not have work experience.
Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by bellong: 10:04pm On Oct 28, 2016
Modele35:
@ Bellong.. well done. please can I have your email please. i need to ask you some private questions for a brother who is applying. his course is not listed and he does not have work experience.

In what way does he need help since his occupation is not on the list and he doesn't have work experience?

If he wants to move, he should consider a student visa. The link to the student visa thread is on the first page of the thread.

1 Like

Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by bellong: 10:11pm On Oct 28, 2016
Robyn,

If your job descriptions match that of the occupation, you will get a positive assessment. You can read further on VETASSES'website. I once attached a document from VETASSES explaining how each occupation is assessed.

For the master's, if you have the money, you wouldn't be sent back home. You can always renew by registering for more courses till you get what you want.
If you pass the exam, I believe you can get a sponsor if you search diligently away from major cities. Someone just got an offer with an hospital, now changing her visa to work visa.
Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by Ifexsco: 7:40am On Oct 29, 2016
In a thinking mode, can a PR establish and run a business over there in Oz? We have not discussed this as an option of what to do over there.

If it is possible, what is the process like to get registered?

What can one look at to venture into with a reasonable capital of a few thousand Australian dollars?

Do we have Nigerians on this path?

Bosses abeg put mouth
Cc
Op Bellong, NNBB2012, Scrollmeout, Johnsontade, OmogeNG etc
Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by bellong: 7:48am On Oct 29, 2016
^^^^

Will respond later.. No time again today.

In celebration mode, it's my birthday and wedding anniversary.

18 Likes

Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by oknee: 8:10am On Oct 29, 2016
bellong:
^^^^

In celebration mode, it's my birthday and wedding anniversary.
rsvp, rice and stew very plenty grin
congrats on the double celebration.
Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by utcheylee: 9:03am On Oct 29, 2016
Happy birthday booss of life ;Dwishing you the best of the best always

quote author=bellong post=50596024]^^^^

In celebration mode, it's my birthday and wedding anniversary.[/quote]

(1) (2) (3) ... (88) (89) (90) (91) (92) (93) (94) ... (607)

Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 7 / General Australian Student Visa Enquiries Part 3

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 59
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.