Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,171,320 members, 7,881,178 topics. Date: Friday, 05 July 2024 at 01:54 PM

Banning Forex Trading And Sports Betting Promotion - Business (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Banning Forex Trading And Sports Betting Promotion (76703 Views)

Football (+Other Sports) Betting Season 12 / Football (+Other Sports) Betting Season 11 / Why You Should Stop Sports Betting & Gambling (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) ... (29) (Go Down)

Re: Banning Forex Trading And Sports Betting Promotion by stpat1(m): 4:27pm On May 03, 2016
The faster you ban them the better.

1 Like

Re: Banning Forex Trading And Sports Betting Promotion by Manuella4ace: 4:28pm On May 03, 2016
Dear seun,

i dont think there's anything wrong with sport betting, because nobody is forcing you to join or play.

Banning sport betting and forex thread because of fraudulent activities is just like saying your banning love and romance thread because of heart break.

If you dont know sport betting thread is legal in the world.

So let the thread be and those who want to fall victim will always fall victim.

So reconsider.

Thanks.

9 Likes

Re: Banning Forex Trading And Sports Betting Promotion by wristbangle: 4:31pm On May 03, 2016
Mr. Seun, I don't think such idea is really welcomed. What I would have suggested is for you to make your clarification clear that the activities of forex traders and sport betting on this forum is not something u don't support and as such people should desist from such act.

Also, I feel you suppose to create a platform for these people so that those who fail to go through the right channel of advertising their products will be banned completely from NL. That's my view oo!

Oga seun, please for some of us writing articles that grace FP, kindly find a way to lock it so that people from other blogs and forums will not have access to copy our work. E.g naijaloaded.

Lastly, kindly listen to dygeasy plight about the miss NL competition. We need full awareness because we have a sponsor that is ready to finance the competition and we don't want it to get depleted due to poor publicity. Cc: mizmycoli, tosyne2much.

1 Like

Re: Banning Forex Trading And Sports Betting Promotion by InvertedHammer: 4:32pm On May 03, 2016
palsenator:
Scammers will come here to post useless indicators for sale or programs that are bound to fail. Firstly, you should remove any post that involves selling of softwares. Secondly, anyone who comes here to solicit for investors should be banned. You can create a section where anyone who wants to post there MUST BE A VERIFIED MEMBER of nairaland. Take their documents and proof of identification. You can even get an experienced moderator to assist in such section. Post in that section could take a while before going on air so as to allow proper verification . I have been a friend to Osewa on Facebook for years now, Am Olumuyiwa McPayne on Facebook and I can say that I have seen genuine traders who will not come on social media to promote nonsense. But still, there may be someone somewhere who has a genuine information for the public that is why I feel you should not ban it outrightly but we must stop the scam.
/
Yes. Any form of advertising, soliciting or sales should be banned. It will weed out scammers/spammers without the ordeal of extra identity verification.

But discussions should not be censored unless some rules of the forum are being neglected.
\

1 Like

Re: Banning Forex Trading And Sports Betting Promotion by millionboi(m): 4:34pm On May 03, 2016
cr7lomo:

Insult ur father
jahahaha.......seriously DAT is den stupid of u
Re: Banning Forex Trading And Sports Betting Promotion by jumpMANN44(m): 4:34pm On May 03, 2016
do not do that, do u know the amount of hits just those threads generate, personally i don't even visit front page most times i just go straight to sports section, the same way some of this chewing gum girls login & run straight to romance section to campaign & troll
they r very legitimate there are governing bodies supervising such activities, pls don't use ur hand to tear what uve built up
#bewise

1 Like

Re: Banning Forex Trading And Sports Betting Promotion by Dreamflyin(m): 4:36pm On May 03, 2016
Funny and Ironic. This is a fora that makes money from traffics. Traffics that came on nairaland to discuss Tonto Dikeh b**bs and Kim Kardashian a*se.
Sports trading and not betting please, is a legitimate business paying the smartest and the detailed.
Kini big deal?
Re: Banning Forex Trading And Sports Betting Promotion by wagazala: 4:36pm On May 03, 2016
Seun:
Dear Nairalanders,

We are thinking of completely banning the promotion of forex trading and sports betting on Nairaland.

Forex day-trading and sports betting are fundamentally fraudulent because they're promoted as a quick way of making money whereas due to mathematical facts, the only people who make money are the middlemen and marketers. The "investors" almost always lose their money.

In our experience, it's not enough to warn Nairaland members about the dangers of forex day-trading and sports betting. The promise of quick profit is just too much for thousands of vulnerable Nairaland members to resist. The only way to protect them is complete censorship.

We believe that the complete ban of such content will make Nairaland a better platform for discussing legitimate entrepreneurship and finance.

What do you think? Please click 'like' if you like the idea; thanks.

These are your views entirely which musnt be forced down on Nairalanders. I cannot speak on Forex but i can on Sports Betting.

Adverts on Sports Betting were initially refused by Google and Facebook (to mention a few). With time, only Operators who were confirmed Licensed were allowed to advertise on these platforms. You see, the business is entirely Legal and have not been frowned upon by the Laws of Nigeria. The betting business is also one of the highly regulated in Nigeria which generates a good IGR for Government .
About the punters, yes some loose money and some win money but I believe the targeted market are above 18 and can make decisions for themselves. Do we Ban MTN, FCMB, Guiness promotions because people dont win? Do we tag them as Fraudulent?
Nairaland should insist on accepting publicity for only Licensed operators and not ban sports betting outrightly.

4 Likes

Re: Banning Forex Trading And Sports Betting Promotion by jumpMANN44(m): 4:37pm On May 03, 2016
akinalabi come & speak for ur boiz, pay seun to allow us continue gambling in peace

2 Likes

Re: Banning Forex Trading And Sports Betting Promotion by haibe(m): 4:37pm On May 03, 2016
cr7lomo:

I could afford it and that's why I placed it

Sorry why then is it a problem to u
Re: Banning Forex Trading And Sports Betting Promotion by Ayodeb(m): 4:38pm On May 03, 2016
For the first time ever I have an opportunity to peer into Seun's mind. Less than year ago I put up a thread about a cryptocurrency which is now the second largest after bitcoin. This thread was hacked down several times and I was banned many times. I keep on wondering why a popular forum like this will deny Nigerians such a great opportunity. I made unsuccessfull efforts to have dialouge with Seun. I have not been happy about it till now. But right now i have the privilege of knowing his way of reasoning.

Now on the issue at hand. Am not in support of sport betting because of my religious leanings but since members of this forum are 18 years at least they should be allowed to make personal decision. I believe both sport betting and forex Trading are legitimate dont ban what is legal. That will appear childish. That is my opinion.

5 Likes

Re: Banning Forex Trading And Sports Betting Promotion by Nobody: 4:38pm On May 03, 2016
Just shut down your website.

What about those adult contents on your web? what about the scammers that swindle people on supposed legitimate business threads.

Seun you joke too much.

Sport betting all the way!!!

5 Likes

Re: Banning Forex Trading And Sports Betting Promotion by Rilwayne001: 4:39pm On May 03, 2016
sukkot:
buahahaha Rilwayne me myself I just resume from 10 day ban. deez moderators are trippin. power corrupts absolutely. give a black man small power and he thinks he is Jesus Christ. I was wondering where you were. so na the mods. grin grin

bros na the mods o.. They one finish me with ban. To comment on the politics section sef na fear..

Imagine I had to look up, down, left, right and make sure mynd and that biafra mod are not in sight else na 2 weeks ban for my head.

Be like say, change don reach Nairaland too.. The thing tire me sad sad

1 Like

Re: Banning Forex Trading And Sports Betting Promotion by Speakdatruth: 4:40pm On May 03, 2016
Seun too is begging for likes cheesy

2 Likes

Re: Banning Forex Trading And Sports Betting Promotion by murphybo(m): 4:41pm On May 03, 2016
Seun:
Dear Nairalanders,

We are thinking of completely banning the promotion of forex trading and sports betting on Nairaland.

Forex day-trading and sports betting are fundamentally fraudulent because they're promoted as a quick way of making money whereas due to mathematical facts, the only people who make money are the middlemen and marketers. The "investors" almost always lose their money.

In our experience, it's not enough to warn Nairaland members about the dangers of forex day-trading and sports betting. The promise of quick profit is just too much for thousands of vulnerable Nairaland members to resist. The only way to protect them is complete censorship.

We believe that the complete ban of such content will make Nairaland a better platform for discussing legitimate entrepreneurship and finance.

I think the major reason so many things are tagged 18+ is the ability for you to take consequence(s) of the actions you take. Don't sell cigarette to under 18 we knew its not good but can't be banned, romance section is tagged 18+ why? Explicit and raunchy images and topics are been discussed is it worth it? So many explicit topics in romance section and the so called sport betting tips won't ever reach front page. If you go to Romance session its for your good if you enter any section that is age restricted anything you see you bear it. So oga Seun its your web you have the final decision do it as you like, but no EFCC, ICPC, DSS, POLICE, or any enforcement agency will ever arrest you for making money through betting or prediction because, it is allowed in Nigeria. But Religion wise not allowed. So choose your choice.

1 Like

Re: Banning Forex Trading And Sports Betting Promotion by sukkot: 4:42pm On May 03, 2016
Rilwayne001:

bros na the mods o.. They one finish me with ban. To comment on the politics section sef na fear..

Imagine I had to look up, down, left, right and make sure mynd and that biafra mod are not in sight else na 2 weeks ban for my head.

Be like say, change don reach Nairaland too.. The thing tire me sad sad
buahahah real change. yeah black man and power dont mix. primitive minded niggas cant handle power. their ego and subjective judgement and personal vendetta gets in the way. get a new ID with a different name to troll with and use Rilwayne001 for just normal chatting wink
Re: Banning Forex Trading And Sports Betting Promotion by siegfried99(m): 4:42pm On May 03, 2016
Seun..banning the sports betting section would be a wrong decision, in my opinion, considering the amount of traffic the section generates, I would suggest censorship of the section rather than outright banning, as a frequent visitor of that section it's obvious you don't have a functional moderator there, due to the high rate of scammers in the section.

Everyone would agree with me that sports betting is for 18+, who can take responsibility for their actions.

This is a Legal business, world wide. Banning it on your forum isn't logical.

cool

1 Like

Re: Banning Forex Trading And Sports Betting Promotion by jendy36(m): 4:43pm On May 03, 2016
@Seun

Comparing Forex trading to Sports betting is unreasonable. (No insult). Have you thought of how much money is exchanged in the financial market daily? Have you thought of big investors in the Forex market? The likes of George Soros and Warren Buffet? Have you thought of where most foreign Hedge Fund companies invest their money in? Do you know that you trade Forex. as well since you make international transactions? Do you think of banning the stock exchange pick alerts thread? Is that one not risky?
Do you know of other things traded in the forex trade alert thread? Do you know is not only currencies? Do you know that Gold, silver, other metals, indices, Oil, stock are traded there? Forex is never a fraudulent business and is not meant for those who want to get rich quick. Instead of banning it, place a caveat on the business and investment sections, telling them the risks involved in ANY investment opportunity. You can loose money in any business. Big foreign banks trade Forex, their governments have not banned them, why Nairaland? Nigeria has not banned it as well. Think Twice or loose traffic.

Finally, remember that not every Forex trader is a day trader.

You might have good intention towards your forum users, but make your diligent research.
I don't have anything to say about sports betting. I don't do it.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Banning Forex Trading And Sports Betting Promotion by lekkie073(m): 4:43pm On May 03, 2016
Seun:
Dear Nairalanders,

none of d above warrants ban. why should a legitimate business be banned? it is actually a high yield investment scheme but nobody is forcing anybody to do it.

NB: I can give u a sure 1.30 odd dat will turn ur 1million to 1.3million in just 90mins grin

if u agree to pay me 25% of d profit ...

if u get mind and money u can follow me but if u dey fear u can run....#sportbetting is not for d feint hearted grin

4 Likes

Re: Banning Forex Trading And Sports Betting Promotion by gungab(m): 4:45pm On May 03, 2016
I say nay, don't ban it it's legitimate and such should be allowed to thread on the forum
Re: Banning Forex Trading And Sports Betting Promotion by economia: 4:46pm On May 03, 2016
Another thing I want here is members who use sme data Sale to dupe people here on Nairaland. I want a tread officially open where where scammer cases can be reported. most of these scammers use the same phone number to scammer people without changing it. It will give the suspected scammer to prove with evidence if such claim is not true. Thus making the forum transparent and the trust rank of the public will higher. E.G 08036021873 duped me and still using the number to dupe members till now

Seun:
Dear Nairalanders,

1 Like

Re: Banning Forex Trading And Sports Betting Promotion by Bigii(m): 4:47pm On May 03, 2016
Omo leave sport betting alone. Na who your advice ep Just last weekend I won 32k carry d flex my life nothing concern me and Apc change. Enough hope dis weekend again my tickets must surely enter.

3 Likes

Re: Banning Forex Trading And Sports Betting Promotion by Rilwayne001: 4:48pm On May 03, 2016
sukkot:
buahahah real change. yeah black man and power dont mix. primitive minded niggas cant handle power. their ego and subjective judgement and personal vendetta gets in the way. get a new ID with a different name to troll with and use Rilwayne001 for just normal chatting wink

yes! I have like 2 other monikers but I am not always comfortable with them. I prefer this particular account. I usually feel like a KING with it.. grin

How your side my bros?
Re: Banning Forex Trading And Sports Betting Promotion by Sylvester70(m): 4:50pm On May 03, 2016
virtual soccer renderd a friend useless that he doesnt have a dime,my first time of seeing an attemted succied

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Banning Forex Trading And Sports Betting Promotion by sukkot: 4:51pm On May 03, 2016
Rilwayne001:

yes! I have like 2 other monikers but I am not always comfortable with them. I prefer this particular account. I usually feel like a KING with it.. grin

How your side my bros?
I hear ya bro. when you have built a reputation with one name you want to stick with it and use just that name. ahhh wellll in that case stay away from the section those mods are moderating lolz . my side is aaiitttttt. same ol same ol brah. nothing new under the sun grin

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Banning Forex Trading And Sports Betting Promotion by cr7lomo: 4:54pm On May 03, 2016
haibe:

Sorry why then is it a problem to u

They hv people that ain't mature enough to handle this betting
Re: Banning Forex Trading And Sports Betting Promotion by ireneony(f): 4:56pm On May 03, 2016

The other day it was gay then comes biafra and now forex/sport betting.

I have seen people who have actually benefited from sport betting.
Sport betting is everywhere and it's legit.

CFCman pls come and see ooo...what's your take on this.

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) ... (29)

Fatima Dangote To Wed Jamil Abubakar (Photo) / Bobby Max: Nigerian Establishes Coinbeats Lounge And Restaurant In Morocco / Yusuf Fatai 'Oko Oloyun' Buried In His Hometown (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 66
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.