Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,171,323 members, 7,881,194 topics. Date: Friday, 05 July 2024 at 02:09 PM

Banning Forex Trading And Sports Betting Promotion - Business (9) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Banning Forex Trading And Sports Betting Promotion (76706 Views)

Football (+Other Sports) Betting Season 12 / Football (+Other Sports) Betting Season 11 / Why You Should Stop Sports Betting & Gambling (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) ... (29) (Go Down)

Re: Banning Forex Trading And Sports Betting Promotion by Rilwayne001: 5:00pm On May 03, 2016
sukkot:
I hear ya bro. when you have built a reputation with one name you want to stick with it and use just that name. ahhh wellll in that case stay away from the section those mods are moderating lolz . my side is aaiitttttt. same ol same ol brah. nothing new under the sun grin

stay cool sire.. wink cheesy

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Banning Forex Trading And Sports Betting Promotion by Ayodeb(m): 5:04pm On May 03, 2016
For the first time ever I have an opportunity to peer into Seun's mind. Less than year ago I put up a thread about a cryptocurrency which is now the second largest after bitcoin. This thread was hacked down several times and I was banned many times. I keep on wondering why a popular forum like this will deny Nigerians such a great opportunity. I made unsuccessfull efforts to have dialouge with Seun. I have not been happy about it till now. But right now i have the privilege of knowing his way of reasoning.

Now on the issue at hand. Am not in support of sport betting because of my religious leanings but since members of this forum are 18 years at least they should be allowed to make personal decision. I believe both sport betting and forex Trading are legitimate dont ban what is legal.

4 Likes

Re: Banning Forex Trading And Sports Betting Promotion by baddooski: 5:04pm On May 03, 2016
Sylvester70:
virtual soccer renderd a friend useless that he doesnt have a dime,my first time of seeing an attemted succied
a close buddy of mine burnt 200k on virtual in 5hrz.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Banning Forex Trading And Sports Betting Promotion by ireneony(f): 5:04pm On May 03, 2016
MizMyColi:
Where is Dygeasy when you need him?
where is dygeasy grin

Do you think seun is beefing dygeasy smiley
Re: Banning Forex Trading And Sports Betting Promotion by Omojudy: 5:06pm On May 03, 2016
I run a sport bet, i am not big, but in my 7months of operation, i have only made losses not profit. i run a game world too so the sport betting mainly serves to promote my main business. yet i pay people millions once in a while! i am not saying middlemen dont make money, they sure may be. but i am not making. i enjoy my work as it gives youths a place to relax and recreate rather than involve in violence. no matter how sad i feel when i leave for work, i always return with gist to make my day while making friends for life.

4 Likes

Re: Banning Forex Trading And Sports Betting Promotion by Nobody: 5:06pm On May 03, 2016
[quote author=ireneony post=45279117] [i][font=fantasy]

The other day it was gay then comes biafra and now forex/sport betting.

I have seen people who has actually benefited from sport betting.
Sport betting is everywhere and it's legit.
[quote/]

I don't think Sport-betting should be banned.
The people betting huge sums of money know what they are getting into - that there is a probability of losing money if they don't get the desired outcome in a match.

So, I don't see it as a fraudulent scheme.

2 Likes

Re: Banning Forex Trading And Sports Betting Promotion by 3rdlegxxx(m): 5:08pm On May 03, 2016
ireneony:

The other day it was gay then comes biafra and now forex/sport betting.

I have seen people who have actually benefited from sport betting.
Sport betting is everywhere and it's legit.

CFCman pls come and see ooo...what's your take on this.

Ban whatt!!! Babe ignore them jare me dat just won 10k last night betting on 7 teams with next to nothing amount, been supporting these teams all these while while with no gains to show 4 it, now its about time... Hehehehe
Re: Banning Forex Trading And Sports Betting Promotion by kevoh(m): 5:08pm On May 03, 2016
Please ban them, opportunity for wise ones to take away free wasting traffic of punters and forex traders to their forum. smiley
While you are at it, also ban the Auto section since that one also has fraud committed there too. angry

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Banning Forex Trading And Sports Betting Promotion by sammychimex(m): 5:09pm On May 03, 2016
Forex is a legitimate biz. Risky but highly profitable. Anyone interested in it should get a coach and subscribe for signals. It should be censored not banned out rightly.
as for sports betting u don't have any sayin d outcome. So it can be banned.
Re: Banning Forex Trading And Sports Betting Promotion by MizMyColi(f): 5:09pm On May 03, 2016
ireneony:
where is dygeasy grin

Do you think seun is beefing dygeasy smiley

How am I supposed to know lasmiley
Re: Banning Forex Trading And Sports Betting Promotion by osymerga(m): 5:11pm On May 03, 2016
I don't think sports betting should be ban. But I suggest another section be created for it. Can't understand coming to sports section to read sports news only to be faced with betting topics all over the place. Betting has made me lost interest in Sports section. No more solid news about sports. The section is now very boring, filled with unnecessary betting threads.
Something should be done about it,thank you.
Shalom.
Re: Banning Forex Trading And Sports Betting Promotion by ireneony(f): 5:11pm On May 03, 2016
[quote author=CFCman post=45279443][/quote]thank You!
I don't really know what is going on with.. lipsrsealed

Seun pls you cannot deny people's happiness...

2 Likes

Re: Banning Forex Trading And Sports Betting Promotion by mistercharles: 5:12pm On May 03, 2016
You have only given your reasons for banning forex trading... But sports betting... I don't know why you have decided to ban it,even as much as you know it's very legal.

Anyway you can quote me when you have a good reason... If na alabi dey threaten you,kukuma talk am make we hear
Re: Banning Forex Trading And Sports Betting Promotion by baddooski: 5:13pm On May 03, 2016
Oga Seun pls do justice to this football thread as well

https://www.nairaland.com/2037098/soccer-nostrademus-excellent-football-analysis
Re: Banning Forex Trading And Sports Betting Promotion by emflex(m): 5:14pm On May 03, 2016
E be like say Seun use Lalasticlala salary take play game then Liverpool cast e ticket.

This is a forum where people meet, atleast Seun should have given enough time for those in betting and forex threads to exchange contacts before deleting their threads.

A Nigerian youth who knows that smoking kills and still goes ahead to smoke does that at his own peril. Likewise fornicators and adulterers yet the government did not ban cigarettes or condoms.

Seun, you should have been more discreet

3 Likes

Re: Banning Forex Trading And Sports Betting Promotion by scentmarlc(m): 5:15pm On May 03, 2016
tosyne2much:
Thread loading !!!

10 Reasons Why You Should Desist From BET9Ja

Before then, Oga Seun, abeg play these games.. Na today and 2moro matches cheesy

Just stake am N200 cheesy

Booking Number: B945CS

....... Tosyno omo aye.....abeg which game dey tomao grin grin
Re: Banning Forex Trading And Sports Betting Promotion by baddooski: 5:15pm On May 03, 2016
baddooski:
Oga Seun pls do justice to this football thread as well

https://www.nairaland.com/2037098/soccer-nostrademus-excellent-football-analysis

what will happen to this year Punt For Pride?

Cc merrybet predict, puskin, akraym.
Re: Banning Forex Trading And Sports Betting Promotion by scentmarlc(m): 5:16pm On May 03, 2016
Omo see crowd. .....

Seun na confirm crowd puller oooo

1 Like

Re: Banning Forex Trading And Sports Betting Promotion by AK284(m): 5:16pm On May 03, 2016
Seun:
Dear Nairalanders,

We are thinking of completely banning the promotion of forex trading and sports betting on Nairaland.

Forex day-trading and sports betting are fundamentally fraudulent because they're promoted as a quick way of making money whereas due to mathematical facts, the only people who make money are the middlemen and marketers. The "investors" almost always lose their money.

In our experience, it's not enough to warn Nairaland members about the dangers of forex day-trading and sports betting. The promise of quick profit is just too strong for thousands of vulnerable Nairaland members to resist. The only way to protect them is complete censorship.

We believe that the complete ban of such content will make Nairaland a better platform for discussing legitimate entrepreneurship and finance.

What do you think? Please click 'like' if you like the idea; thanks.

Seun Thank you for your concern on the plight of some people on forex and sport gambling,but for some of us here, personally i think i will not have any biz here out those too areas, And if you insist you want to protect some adultkids you might consider going to every brothel in nigeria to prevent prostitution. Either way if fools are not in the market bad wares won't be sold. some people will lose money anyway.
Re: Banning Forex Trading And Sports Betting Promotion by ireneony(f): 5:16pm On May 03, 2016
3rdlegxxx:
Ban whatt!!! Babe ignore them jare me dat just won 10k last night betting on 7 teams with next to nothing amount, been supporting these teams all these while while with no gains to show 4 it, now its about time... Hehehehe
correct! Though I don't support gambling smiley

For example I don't smoke either do I drink but I don't hate pple that do such.
Those who bet knows what they are in for, afterall sport betting organisation never put a gun on them to bet

1 Like

Re: Banning Forex Trading And Sports Betting Promotion by sukkot: 5:17pm On May 03, 2016
Rilwayne001:

stay cool sire.. wink cheesy
Indeed Chief, Indeed wink

1 Like

Re: Banning Forex Trading And Sports Betting Promotion by clodd007(m): 5:17pm On May 03, 2016
Seun:
Dear Nairalanders,

We are thinking of completely banning the promotion of forex trading and sports betting on Nairaland.

Forex day-trading and sports betting are fundamentally fraudulent because they're promoted as a quick way of making money whereas due to mathematical facts, the only people who make money are the middlemen and marketers. The "investors" almost always lose their money.

In our experience, it's not enough to warn Nairaland members about the dangers of forex day-trading and sports betting. The promise of quick profit is just too strong for thousands of vulnerable Nairaland members to resist. The only way to protect them is complete censorship.

We believe that the complete ban of such content will make Nairaland a better platform for discussing legitimate entrepreneurship and finance.

what should I click if I unlike the idea

2 Likes

Re: Banning Forex Trading And Sports Betting Promotion by sniperwolf(m): 5:19pm On May 03, 2016
lestat:
Frankly your point doesn't make any sense! Is sport being or forex trading illegal ?? No not in any country in the world!
I think what we have here is an outright abuse of perceived influence because you think you have something against the said practices there by you want users to justify an action you have already clearly decided to make.
Now is the ban on sports betting and forex trading beneficial to your website users? No it's not!
Because your user base are not the major clients of sports betting and forex comoanies.
Infact I don't know anyone who has gotten good sports betting tips from your website.
Infact your website is so insignificant in the sports betting genre because I know for a fact that the major players don't advertise here as they do on other sites like Linda Ikeji and Bella naija.
If trully you care about nairaland users first take steps to curb the tribal hate and religious hate that your website activity encourages!
Don't come here and play the sympathetic cronner when in reality there's probably some other reason you want to ban these.
I guess maybe because they don't advertise with you?
Mr Seun take steps to curb hate posts that's you encourage that is doing more damage to the country than all the 100 naira my gateman looses every weekend to bet9ja.
False post

I concur with you... Seun needs to realize that there are much work to be done in NL and banning sport betting should not be one of them. He can as well advocate that FG bans lottery if he thinks it's a crime. Or FIFA and other sport governing bodies should ban sport betting sponsorship like bwin, 888 etc.
If he cares so much about his users; sport betting threads should be tagged 18+ just the way Romance and Sexuality section are tagged so anyone visiting is old enough to take responsibility of whatever he reads or sees

1 Like

Re: Banning Forex Trading And Sports Betting Promotion by Glossyclick(m): 5:21pm On May 03, 2016
Banning Sport Betting will not be a good idea, cos most of the guys here depend on it to survive, when i mean survive i don't mean with out it they can't live but at least with it they can get small penny to do stuffs. Sport Betting is legit business, its legal and its accepted in the whole wide world.

Mr. Seun think TWICE before banning it.

Hit the like button if u agree with me.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Banning Forex Trading And Sports Betting Promotion by zicoraads: 5:22pm On May 03, 2016
No point in banning them. Most people know the risks involved. Allow them to make those decisions themselves.
Re: Banning Forex Trading And Sports Betting Promotion by 3rdlegxxx(m): 5:22pm On May 03, 2016
ireneony:
correct! Though I don't support gambling smiley

For example I don't smoke either do I drink but I don't hate pple that do such.
Those who bet knows what they are in for, afterall sport betting organisation never put a gun on them to bet

We seem to be on the same team, not much of a smoker or a drinker, am a fan of the last badt one... Sport betting is past time people get in, its legal but can be addictive if one doesn't have self will, I am a very open minded person meaning I got friends who drtink like mad smoke kush n weed n all but we are cool and they I don't croticize, whatever does it for u, pls indluge. Life is too short to live for others, be you and enjoy while u can..
Re: Banning Forex Trading And Sports Betting Promotion by LaExpert: 5:22pm On May 03, 2016
Seun,

Forex trading as well as sports betting are regulated legal business outfits in Nigeria, banning any of them will be tantamount to making a legal venture 'illegal' on a Nigerian forum.

It is not news that every business has its own risk, however, some have a higher lever of risk than others.
The fact that they are often promoted as a get-rich-quick scheme does not translate that it is a fraud as many also benefit from it.

Anyone who engages in such risky business venture is totally responsible for his actions and that's why the business is promoted as one for adults (18+).

What I suggest is; rather than banning it in its entirety, participants in those sections should be thoroughly warned and made to agree to a disclaimer before posting on such threads.

This is just my opinion.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Banning Forex Trading And Sports Betting Promotion by jamace(m): 5:24pm On May 03, 2016
Don't ban them, because they are legitimate businesses.

Anybody going into them is doing so at his/her own risk. Period.
Re: Banning Forex Trading And Sports Betting Promotion by armadeo(m): 5:26pm On May 03, 2016
Let a man do what he wants to. He would reap what he sowed. Simple.

What I want banned is those adverts in between posts. You are reading an interesting thread and all of a sudden you see an advert for data or roofing sheets it's freaking annoying

You also have a platform for adverts so why he cheating allowed.

Seun take note.
Re: Banning Forex Trading And Sports Betting Promotion by bigtt76(f): 5:30pm On May 03, 2016
On a second thought, I don't think it would stop the peddlers from continuing the postings. They would rather use images rather than actual text posts angry Truth is, if Nairaland enlightens the members on the dangers inherent, whoever decides to embrace it does so at his or her own risk.

However, I don't support the peddlers obstructing the free flow of important and interesting posts just because they want to catch the attention of members on such threads. I detest it as much as I do for those members organizing the pageants - MISS Nairaland and MR Naiaraland ....all of whom spam threads with their choices. They also deserve the ban.

I would like to congratulate you and your team for eliminating or reducing the admission scam to the barest minimum.

Seun:
Dear Nairalanders,

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) ... (29)

Bobby Max: Nigerian Establishes Coinbeats Lounge And Restaurant In Morocco / Yusuf Fatai 'Oko Oloyun' Buried In His Hometown (Photos) / Huge Naira Notes Discovered, Sundried In A House In Lagos (Video)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 53
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.