Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,171,081 members, 7,880,375 topics. Date: Thursday, 04 July 2024 at 05:02 PM

The Xiaomi Thread. - Phones (186) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / The Xiaomi Thread. (9531206 Views)

My Thoughts On The Xiaomi Redmi 5plus After 3 Weeks Use / Disadvantages Of The Xiaomi Redmi Note 4x / I've Got The Xiaomi 20000mah Powerbank. Any Question? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (183) (184) (185) (186) (187) (188) (189) ... (9337) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by yubiman(m): 11:45am On Jan 18, 2017
Dam5reey:

He is it, There is no Mi Max 4GB 64 GB, What is Available is 4GB 128GB, Snapdragon 652 version.
To get see the Screen shot and multiply the Total Price in USD by 320
Thanks.
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Nobody: 12:03pm On Jan 18, 2017
temitimx19:

Bro, I understand your pain, power banks has been prohibited, you can't ship any power bank to Nigeria from China, no shipping company would carry it, even lately DHL refused to ship a phone from China to Nigeria.
Sorry about the issue you have gone through with Geekbuying, I haven't experienced such yet. But I would also suggest you speak to CC or even live chat Cc so that your problems would be handled quickly.
Good luck
It seems you don't understand my post. Geekbuying will hit you one day. I have bought things there since 2014. The site is now a shadow of itself. My friend bought an oukitel u7 pro last year on the site and it was never shipped. He had to resort to PayPal to get his money.

Be careful with sites like this. I will get my money in 4 days time. I started the dispute just before the new year.

I advise anyone out there to avoid all China online shops and use only Ali express since there operate an escrow service.

On a final note, be careful with those China online shops. Money is not easy to get by.
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by write2obi(m): 12:09pm On Jan 18, 2017
yubiman:
So in Nigeria currency, ow much will I pay to get Mi max, 4gb,64g + shipping
3GB/64GB is about 65,000
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by GrandMufti: 12:13pm On Jan 18, 2017
willian10:

I set it to off, still same outcome cry

turn miui optimization off completely. do you use clean master?
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by temitimx19(m): 12:30pm On Jan 18, 2017
EMMAACHILE:

It seems you don't understand my post. Geekbuying will hit you one day. I have bought things there since 2014. The site is now a shadow of itself. My friend bought an oukitel u7 pro last year on the site and it was never shipped. He had to resort to PayPal to get his money.

Be careful with sites like this. I will get my money in 4 days time. I started the dispute just before the new year.

I advise anyone out there to avoid all China online shops and use only Ali express since there operate an escrow service.

On a final note, be careful with those China online shops. Money is not easy to get by.
grin grin
It's Aliexpress you should avoid I tell you, it's seems u have never experienced or seen where escrow goes bad abi... Go and ask people that buy stuffs in large quantities, many of them don't near Aliexpress, because the escrow can be biased. You won't understand because you are buying stuffs less or equal to $200.. try buying stuffs worth $400-1000 and let it go wrong, it's then you would see how biased Aliexpress escrow is..
The best buyers protection online is PayPal, quote me anywhere
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by willian10: 1:32pm On Jan 18, 2017
GrandMufti:

turn miui optimization off completely. do you use clean master?
Where can I do that?
This cleaner is preinstalled, I can't uninstall it

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by seunlaww(m): 1:52pm On Jan 18, 2017
Gmajor:
my redmi 3s

I got it today
Oshe baddest,
I remember when my partner want to kill me with AC, and he normally kip the remote. I just configure my Redmi 3s with the AC,he ON it, I OFF it..he High it,i LOW it.
Baba no know,he still gimme money to repair the AC grin grin

Enjoy ur phone bro

10 Likes 2 Shares

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Nobody: 2:11pm On Jan 18, 2017
temitimx19:

grin grin
It's Aliexpress you should avoid I tell you, it's seems u have never experienced or seen where escrow goes bad abi... Go and ask people that buy stuffs in large quantities, many of them don't near Aliexpress, because the escrow can be biased. You won't understand because you are buying stuffs less or equal to $200.. try buying stuffs worth $400-1000 and let it go wrong, it's then you would see how biased Aliexpress escrow is..
The best buyers protection online is PayPal, quote me anywhere

I bought things worth more than that amount. How will escrow fail except you don't know what escrow is?

Wish you success in your online activities cheesy

2 Likes

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by temitimx19(m): 2:14pm On Jan 18, 2017
EMMAACHILE:

I bought things worth more than that amount. How will escrow fail except you don't know what escrow is?

Wish you success in your online activities cheesy
You too bro
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by seunlaww(m): 2:30pm On Jan 18, 2017
EMMAACHILE:

I had one bad experience with geekbuying last year,it took almost 2months b4 I could get my item and av used the store after that and der was no problem.
The problem of geekbuying is that most times,they don't have the item in stock but they will accept ur payment and till they have the item b4 they ship out 4u and some of the shipping company they use are shit..so before you pay for any item on geekbuying,try to contact customer service and enquire if they have they item in stock. The customer service is good and the chat is even better..and even if anything go wrong u can always get your money back through PayPal.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Gmajor(m): 3:20pm On Jan 18, 2017
can I change my font on r3s without rooting?
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Lastbender: 3:53pm On Jan 18, 2017
I just saw a "dispatched to overseas" message on my order. Gurus, like how many more days do I have left to wait before it reaches me (OAU. Ile-Ife) cry
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Lastbender: 3:55pm On Jan 18, 2017
Mine too, how many more days till it reaches (ile-ife)
toluwanimi07:
Yaay finally my mi max has been dispatched to overseas country ... Gearing up to collect it
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by fibonacci2526: 3:57pm On Jan 18, 2017
Lastbender:
I just saw a "dispatched to overseas" message on my order. Gurus, like how many more days do I have left to wait before it reaches me (OAU. Ile-Ife) cry

A week.
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by GrandMufti: 3:57pm On Jan 18, 2017
willian10:

Where can I do that?
This cleaner is preinstalled, I can't uninstall it

use the image sir Dam5reey posted. what version of global rom are you using?

Dam5reey:

Hope this works... I done something like that before but I didn't see any difference

1 Like

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Dam5reey(m): 4:13pm On Jan 18, 2017
GrandMufti:

Redmi 4 prime

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by willian10: 4:20pm On Jan 18, 2017
GrandMufti:

Global stable ROM.... 8.0.1.0

1 Like 1 Share

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Stormyweather(m): 4:49pm On Jan 18, 2017
hello, please is it too late to make an order? cos of the hols thing.

1 Like

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Paxziano: 4:52pm On Jan 18, 2017
Dam5reey:

You are flashing official ROM so it is not required.
Seem you need to unload Bootloader for Custom ROM or Downgrade ROM
However mine worked flawless, took only 30minutes for all the process download transfer to phone and updated.

Do u need a laptop for dis? Or u can download to ur memory card and go on from der
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by GrandMufti: 5:08pm On Jan 18, 2017
Dam5reey:

Redmi 4 prime

no sir not you smiley I wanted him to refer to the image you posted
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by GrandMufti: 5:11pm On Jan 18, 2017
willian10:

Global stable ROM.... 8.0.1.0

my guess is that you restored your apps and settings after the update? if that is the case, you need to do a factory reset and manually download all your apps from playstore. the only things you need to backup are your documents and other important files. do not backup system settings and apps as it causes compatibility issues with marshmallow.
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Worksunlimited: 5:23pm On Jan 18, 2017
This Chinese holiday of a thing don spoil alot of things...
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Dam5reey(m): 5:26pm On Jan 18, 2017
Paxziano:

Do u need a laptop for dis? Or u can download to ur memory card and go on from der

You can even use internal storage..
My procedure worked for Redmi 4 pro from vendor ROM to official global ROM..
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Paxziano: 5:31pm On Jan 18, 2017
Dam5reey:

You can even use internal storage..
My procedure worked for Redmi 4 pro from vendor ROM to official global ROM..

I'm trying to do it as stated but before I click update, it tells me I am moving to an older rom. So it seems the vendor rom is more recent. So is der any good side to downgrading the rom?
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Lastbender: 5:33pm On Jan 18, 2017
So by next week wed i can march to the postoffice and demand for my phone?
fibonacci2526:

A week.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by toluwanimi07(m): 5:41pm On Jan 18, 2017
Lastbender:
So by next week wed i can march to the postoffice and demand for my phone?
bro once u see the tracking details updated to items undelivered / attempted delivery u can now go
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by willian10: 5:46pm On Jan 18, 2017
GrandMufti:

my guess is that you restored your apps and settings after the update? if that is the case, you need to do a factory reset and manually download all your apps from playstore. the only things you need to backup are your documents and other important files. do not backup system settings and apps as it causes compatibility issues with marshmallow.
I didn't update anything, na weytin follow ham come b dz, I got it last month
Should I still update it?
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Lastbender: 5:47pm On Jan 18, 2017
In your own case, after dispatch to overseas, how many days did it take you to see item delivered blah blah
toluwanimi07:
bro once u see the tracking details updated to items undelivered / attempted delivery u can now go
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by GrandMufti: 5:56pm On Jan 18, 2017
willian10:

I didn't update anything, na weytin follow ham come b dz, I got it last month
Should I still update it?

in that case you have the latest update. or are you getting any update? let's see screenshot
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by GrandMufti: 6:01pm On Jan 18, 2017
Paxziano:

I'm trying to do it as stated but before I click update, it tells me I am moving to an older rom. So it seems the vendor rom is more recent. So is der any good side to downgrading the rom?

since some vendor roms now update to global stable, be sure your phone came with the exact miui version as his, and the update you downloaded is same as his. otherwise if they are different and you want to take the risk then Goodluck wink
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by willian10: 6:06pm On Jan 18, 2017
GrandMufti:

in that case you have the latest update. or are you getting any update? let's see screenshot
E be like say na juju u use talk ham
I check for update just now, i saw nothing.. I don see update b4, but now e don disappear

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Dam5reey(m): 6:18pm On Jan 18, 2017
Paxziano:

What is your Phone Model to start with...?

(1) (2) (3) ... (183) (184) (185) (186) (187) (188) (189) ... (9337) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: 3 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.