Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,171,084 members, 7,880,379 topics. Date: Thursday, 04 July 2024 at 05:09 PM

The Xiaomi Thread. - Phones (187) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / The Xiaomi Thread. (9531228 Views)

My Thoughts On The Xiaomi Redmi 5plus After 3 Weeks Use / Disadvantages Of The Xiaomi Redmi Note 4x / I've Got The Xiaomi 20000mah Powerbank. Any Question? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (184) (185) (186) (187) (188) (189) (190) ... (9337) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Dam5reey(m): 6:22pm On Jan 18, 2017
willian10:

E be like say na juju u use talk ham
I check for update just now, i saw nothing.. I don see update b4, but now e don disappear

There still another update after that
V8.1.1.0.MHOMIDI (MIUI8) Size: 1.3G
http://en.miui.com/download-301.html#438
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by GrandMufti: 6:26pm On Jan 18, 2017
willian10:

E be like say na juju u use talk ham
I check for update just now, i saw nothing.. I don see update b4, but now e don disappear

the latest update is 8.1.1.0. so after you update to 8.0.6.0 , you'll still see another update. alternatively, you can download the 8.1.1.0 file from mi website and put it in your memory card for manual update.
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by willian10: 6:28pm On Jan 18, 2017
GrandMufti:

the latest update is 8.1.1.0. so after you update to 8.0.6.0 , you'll still see another update. alternatively, you can download the 8.1.1.0 file from mi website and put it in your memory card for manual update.
Ok, thanks
I'll download it tonight
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Dam5reey(m): 6:38pm On Jan 18, 2017
GrandMufti:

Better.
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by GrandMufti: 6:39pm On Jan 18, 2017
willian10:

Ok, thanks
I'll download it tonight

do a factory reset after update as you are moving from lollipop to marshmallow. manually download apps afterwards
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by GrandMufti: 6:41pm On Jan 18, 2017
Dam5reey:

Wait, Seems is on vendor, ROM check again?

no its official rom. that's the first miui 8 for rn3.
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Paxziano: 6:43pm On Jan 18, 2017
embarassed
Dam5reey:

What is your Phone Model to start with...?

Redmi 4 prime. Have done the update. I'm now on global stable rom. 8.1.2.0. But ain't seen any update. Maybe I shud give it like 2 weeks.
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Dam5reey(m): 7:03pm On Jan 18, 2017
Paxziano:
embarassed

Redmi 4 prime. Have done the update. I'm now on global stable rom. 8.1.2.0. But ain't seen any update. Maybe I shud give it like 2 weeks.

Great cool for now that is Latest...
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Paxziano: 7:18pm On Jan 18, 2017
Dam5reey:

Great cool for now that is Latest...

Thot Grandmufti sed it was 8.1.1.0? Or was dat for RN3?
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Dam5reey(m): 7:21pm On Jan 18, 2017
Paxziano:

Yes, For RN3.. Those number no really matter..
However 8.1.2.0 is the First an only official Global ROM update for Redmi 4 Pro
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by GrandMufti: 7:21pm On Jan 18, 2017
Paxziano:

yes for redmi note 3 pro
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Nobody: 9:48pm On Jan 18, 2017
I love this
This thread is really growing, 186 pages grin grin
We shoukd reach 200 before friday... According to analysis.. Shao-mi guys dey always get something say

2 Likes

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Gptech(m): 10:17pm On Jan 18, 2017
Make una just dey gather una money dey wait, after the Chinese holidays, only God know wetin go happen grin
Already dem don dey reduce the bezels of the redmi 4, meaning the newer ones will have better screen to body ratio, plus by the time dem announce the redmi note 4x and other new devices both from Xaiomi and other competitors, price must crash! Time to get more confused with options, dem better release a redmi pro x too with snapdragon chipset. cool
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by gudluckgreat(m): 11:54pm On Jan 18, 2017
KuliMart:

We deliver nationwide. Check the prices of Xioami phones on our website.

I need Cubot Dinosaur touchpad. I only have been able to see it in AliExpress... Can you help me order for it?
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by gudluckgreat(m): 11:56pm On Jan 18, 2017
write2obi:
When do you think this will get to Onitsha?

Toluwanimi07
GrandMufti
Dam5reey
rookidmart

Oga am new to buying things internationally... How do I make payments on AliExpress
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by willian10: 12:47am On Jan 19, 2017
I've updated my Redmi Note 3 Snapdragon 3GB RAM 32GB ROM Variant to MIUI v8.1.1.0 MHOMIDI (Marshmallow) a few days ago. Here's my detailed review of the update after days of observing new features and bugs.
1. 1 New Wallpaper Has Been Added
2. If first SIM is on 4G, second SIM goes to 3G instead of 2G.
3. The notification panel in combined and separate mode shows four toggles in a row.
4. Settings interface has been changed.
5. Screenshot option added under additional settings.
6. You can now launch camera from lock screen by clicking the volume down button twice.
7. Music Player Interface has been changed.
8. Album Arts (Album Pics) aren't showing up in the Music Player.
9. App installation interface is changed to look like stock Android.
10. MIUI Permission manager has been replaced with stock Android permission manager.
11. UI is very smooth now.
12. Fingerprint sensor is faster now but vibrates when unlocking and there is no option to turn off vibration.
13. On first boot, fingerprint sensor doesn't work, you have to unlock using your PIN, Password or Pattern.
14. Battery is draining quite faster in this version, maybe because the second SIM isn't going to 2G only mode if the first SIM is on 4G or 3G.
15. LED Notification is showing fail in CIT test but it works only if the device is locked. In the changelog it was mentioned that the notification LED was turned off by default in permissions.
16. Security App interface is changed too.
17. Camera Quality is same as before, no change.
18. Fonts are now officially supported. You can download fonts from the Themes app.
Check the screenshots from last to first.
http://imgur.com/a/fz0ui
Overall, I think it is a good update but needs some polishing and optimization to make the UI entirely look like MIUI by removing the traces of stock Android.

I SAW THIS ONLINE, HOW TRUE IS IT
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by GrandMufti: 2:20am On Jan 19, 2017
willian10:
I've updated my Redmi Note 3 Snapdragon 3GB RAM 32GB ROM Variant to MIUI v8.1.1.0 MHOMIDI (Marshmallow) a few days ago. Here's my detailed review of the update after days of observing new features and bugs.
1. 1 New Wallpaper Has Been Added
2. If first SIM is on 4G, second SIM goes to 3G instead of 2G.
3. The notification panel in combined and separate mode shows four toggles in a row.
4. Settings interface has been changed.
5. Screenshot option added under additional settings.
6. You can now launch camera from lock screen by clicking the volume down button twice.
7. Music Player Interface has been changed.
8. Album Arts (Album Pics) aren't showing up in the Music Player.
9. App installation interface is changed to look like stock Android.
10. MIUI Permission manager has been replaced with stock Android permission manager.
11. UI is very smooth now.
12. Fingerprint sensor is faster now but vibrates when unlocking and there is no option to turn off vibration.
13. On first boot, fingerprint sensor doesn't work, you have to unlock using your PIN, Password or Pattern.
14. Battery is draining quite faster in this version, maybe because the second SIM isn't going to 2G only mode if the first SIM is on 4G or 3G.
15. LED Notification is showing fail in CIT test but it works only if the device is locked. In the changelog it was mentioned that the notification LED was turned off by default in permissions.
16. Security App interface is changed too.
17. Camera Quality is same as before, no change.
18. Fonts are now officially supported. You can download fonts from the Themes app.
Check the screenshots from last to first.
http://imgur.com/a/fz0ui
Overall, I think it is a good update but needs some polishing and optimization to make the UI entirely look like MIUI by removing the traces of stock Android.

I SAW THIS ONLINE, HOW TRUE IS IT

#13 is a marshmallow feature and not peculiar to miui

#2 is quite unusual, but you can manually set Sim 2 to 2G. however it reverts back to 3G whenever you reboot or switch Sims or enable/disable airplane mode.

#14 is normal with most xiaomi updates. grin battery hardly gets better with updates.

And if you prefer to make/ receive calls via headphone, stay away from this update (wrt rn3)
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Dam5reey(m): 3:37am On Jan 19, 2017
gudluckgreat:

Oga am new to buying things internationally... How do I make payments on AliExpress

Firstly, You need either GTB master card or Access Visa card.
The card must be able to make online payment.. you and your bank should solve that.
You need to register an account with aliexpress, either website or you download their app from play store

Secondly... How remote is your location?
If you are in Lagos or other states. Ensure you know the post office closest to you..
Shipping address can be your home address, office or the post office.

Thirdly, how much is the item?
Equal or less than $100 then you are good to go
Ensure you use the shipping method like Aliexpress standard shipping, Post NL, Singapore post.. they are cheap shipping methods.. Also DHL, FedEx, EMS they are fast but you pay for shipping..
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by humblesteve(m): 3:57am On Jan 19, 2017
Help!!!!! Ooh, my poweramp music player automatically stop playing when am not operating the phone.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by GrandMufti: 4:27am On Jan 19, 2017
humblesteve:
Help!!!!! Ooh, my poweramp music player automatically stop playing when am not operating the phone.

cheesy

1 Like 1 Share

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by temitimx19(m): 6:08am On Jan 19, 2017
humblesteve:
Miui battery saver is killing the app, to battery saver and disable it
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Dam5reey(m): 6:17am On Jan 19, 2017
humblesteve:

shocked
But I didn't experience this issues...
Even the music I pauses yesterday morning.. continue playing when I inserted headset in the evening....

What phone model are you using?
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by gudluckgreat(m): 6:53am On Jan 19, 2017
Dam5reey:

Firstly, You need either GTB master card or Access Visa card.
The card must be able to make online payment.. you and your bank should solve that.
You need to register an account with aliexpress, either website or you download their app from play store

Secondly... How remote is your location?
If you are in Lagos or other states. Ensure you know the post office closest to you..
Shipping address can be your home address, office or the post office.

Thirdly, how much is the item?
Equal or less than $100 then you are good to go
Ensure you use the shipping method like Aliexpress standard shipping, Post NL, Singapore post.. they are cheap shipping methods.. Also DHL, FedEx, EMS they are fast but you pay for shipping..

I am grateful for the quick reply. It's a touch screen for my Cubot Dinosaur smartphone costing $34. I only have an Ecobank MasterCard. Won't that work? China Post is the courier and they are doing free shipping... Are they owl or should I choose another courier?
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by humblesteve(m): 7:45am On Jan 19, 2017
Dam5reey:

shocked
But I didn't experience this issues...
Even the music I pauses yesterday morning.. continue playing when I inserted headset in the evening....

What phone model are you using?
3s
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Dam5reey(m): 7:46am On Jan 19, 2017
gudluckgreat:

I am grateful for the quick reply. It's a touch screen for my Cubot Dinosaur smartphone costing $34. I only have an Ecobank MasterCard. Won't that work? China Post is the courier and they are doing free shipping... Are they owl or should I choose another courier?

If there is tracking and the delivery time is within 20- 35 days... Else use aliexpress standard shipping or POST NL, Singapore post..

You can also check out another store

For now only GTB and Access work for online payment
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Gptech(m): 7:51am On Jan 19, 2017
humblesteve:
Just simply lock poweramp

1 Like 1 Share

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by toluwanimi07(m): 7:56am On Jan 19, 2017
This thread don blow oh ... Naso ...
Guys i have a problem with 1 of my orders its saying preparing to dispatch since 7th what could be the problem.. its a memory card... And this is what received from one of the earpiece company i ordered from what does it mean... I also have redmi note 3po tempered glass and flipcase for sale ... Gping for a cheap price

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Dam5reey(m): 7:56am On Jan 19, 2017
humblesteve:

3s

If it's the 2GB RAM version abeg dey manage it like that..

You can try to disable any power saver...

Also from the developer options
Go to about phone, Tap the Miui version like 5 times to Enable developer
Now go to settings -> system and device -> > developer options >>>> go to App and put off/low the memory optimization

If there is any update try to update...

Or Goto Mi forum if the issue has been solved there before

These were the solution provided to someone on this thread.. grin

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by toluwanimi07(m): 7:57am On Jan 19, 2017
Gptech:

Just simply lock poweramp
Bro ... Please i nd u online on whatsapp
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by fibonacci2526: 8:46am On Jan 19, 2017
toluwanimi07:
This thread don blow oh ... Naso ...
Guys i have a problem with 1 of my orders its saying preparing to dispatch since 7th what could be the problem.. its a memory card... And this is what received from one of the earpiece company i ordered from what does it mean... I also have redmi note 3po tempered glass and flipcase for sale ... Gping for a cheap price

Give it another 2 weeks.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Abubanty: 9:01am On Jan 19, 2017
Guys they have launched redmi note 4 with snapdragon 625 processor. the Device is going to be awesome, comes in 3 variants, 2g 16GB,3Gb 32Gb and 4GB 64GB. the price is still moderate. na to wait make them start to sell am for aliexpress

1 Like

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by fibonacci2526: 9:10am On Jan 19, 2017
Abubanty:
Guys they have launched redmi note 4 with snapdragon 625 processor. the Device is going to be awesome, comes in 3 variants, 2g 16GB,3Gb 32Gb and 4GB 64GB. the price is still moderate. na to wait make them start to sell am for aliexpress

Apart from the size and the highest edition(4GB/64GB), don't see much difference between it and the redmi 4 prime sha.

Any other difference(s)?

(1) (2) (3) ... (184) (185) (186) (187) (188) (189) (190) ... (9337) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: 4 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 72
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.