Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,171,109 members, 7,880,440 topics. Date: Thursday, 04 July 2024 at 06:16 PM

The Xiaomi Thread. - Phones (188) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / The Xiaomi Thread. (9531362 Views)

My Thoughts On The Xiaomi Redmi 5plus After 3 Weeks Use / Disadvantages Of The Xiaomi Redmi Note 4x / I've Got The Xiaomi 20000mah Powerbank. Any Question? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (185) (186) (187) (188) (189) (190) (191) ... (9337) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Elxandre(m): 9:15am On Jan 19, 2017
Dam5reey:

If it's the 2GB RAM version abeg dey manage it like that..

You can try to disable any power saver...

Also from the developer options
Go to about phone, Tap the Miui version like 5 times to Enable developer
Now go to settings -> system and device -> > developer options >>>> go to App and put off/low the memory optimization

If there is any update try to update...

Or Goto Mi forum if the issue has been solved there before

These were the solution provided to someone on this thread.. grin
Na wa o.
So 2gb ram still force closes light apps on MIUI.
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Dam5reey(m): 9:22am On Jan 19, 2017
Abubanty:
Guys they have launched redmi note 4 with snapdragon 625 processor. the Device is going to be awesome, comes in 3 variants, 2g 16GB,3Gb 32Gb and 4GB 64GB. the price is still moderate. na to wait make them start to sell am for aliexpress

Are you sure of these snapdragon 625 processor?
Is this why redmi 4 became expensive ? sad
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by toluwanimi07(m): 9:23am On Jan 19, 2017
fibonacci2526:

Give it another 2 weeks.
ahahn bro something i ordered since December
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by toluwanimi07(m): 9:24am On Jan 19, 2017
Abubanty:
Guys they have launched redmi note 4 with snapdragon 625 processor. the Device is going to be awesome, comes in 3 variants, 2g 16GB,3Gb 32Gb and 4GB 64GB. the price is still moderate. na to wait make them start to sell am for aliexpress
kai why Snapdragon 625 nau ... Infact the Redmi note 3 pro still bests tis Device
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Dam5reey(m): 9:25am On Jan 19, 2017
fibonacci2526:

Apart from the size and the highest edition(4GB/64GB), don't see much difference between it and the redmi 4 prime sha.

Any other difference(s)?

But Redmi 4 prime is about 150$ now...
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by quivah(f): 9:26am On Jan 19, 2017
Good night house.
Bikonu I wan order for a phone today or tomorrow, I believe the seller can ship it out on Monday, i hope it won't get caught with the new year festival?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by GrandMufti: 9:28am On Jan 19, 2017
Abubanty:

they used a lower processor and they increased the battery capacity. the price makes sense Sha.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by temitimx19(m): 9:28am On Jan 19, 2017
But xiaomi wicked sha.. The just abandon Redmi Pro Users angry

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by fibonacci2526: 9:28am On Jan 19, 2017
toluwanimi07:
ahahn bro something i ordered since December

Na so, its 4px abi? usually takes between 30-40 days. Had one delivered to me last year in that time frame.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by aeu1: 9:29am On Jan 19, 2017
aeu1:
House, I ordered Redmi 3s from geekbuying on 13/11/16 and eventually pick it today from the Post Office.
However after booting it on, it indicated "No SIM"
I discovered the following:
- WiFi not working. Switches off immediately after being switched on.
- Bluetooth not functional.
- FM Radio not working
- Invalid IMEI - when I tired chworking.
-No sound. Only vibration.
- The MUMI has 5 digits - vendor installation is likely here.
Please can this be attributed to software or hardware ?
What is the next step to take - pls help a brother here.

Good people, thanks for your support and encouragement. I finally flashed a new ROM - Global stable 8.1 albeit some procedural missteps. When I had given up hope, I later discovered that it has been successful.
All the above issues has consequently been solved.
I was surprised that there is a fingerprint scanner in this model - such menu was not supported by the unwholesome vendor ROM. Dear, original is the best. I'm most joyful. We give God praise.

1 Like

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Dam5reey(m): 9:30am On Jan 19, 2017
temitimx19:
But xiaomi wicked sha.. The just abandon Redmi Pro Users angry

Lol, Make new year finish, Make I see the reviews when the phone is available.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by fibonacci2526: 9:31am On Jan 19, 2017
Dam5reey:

But Redmi 4 prime is about 150$ now...

yup for the gold colour, the gray colour is now $189.9. Like the size oo because my hands are small. grin grin

1 Like 1 Share

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Dam5reey(m): 9:32am On Jan 19, 2017
aeu1:

Good people, thanks for your support and encouragement. I finally flashed a new ROM - Global stable 8.1 albeit some procedural missteps. When I had given up hope, I later discovered that it has been successful.

Enjoy your Device grin
Thats the Interesting thing about Xiaomi, you get Support for any Software issue..
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Dam5reey(m): 9:34am On Jan 19, 2017
fibonacci2526:

yup for the gold colour, the gray colour is now $189.9. Like the size oo because my hands are small. grin grin

The Phone has been awesome.. Very Compact. the 1080p make the screen Crisp.. make i stop here lipsrsealed

1 Like 1 Share

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by fibonacci2526: 9:38am On Jan 19, 2017
Dam5reey:

The Phone has been awesome.. Very Compact. the 1080p make the screen Crisp.. make i stop here lipsrsealed

Mine should be despatched kpatakpata tomorrow. Have been enjoying your reviews on it though. cheesy

1 Like 1 Share

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Lovexme(m): 9:43am On Jan 19, 2017
Paxziano had the same vendor rom, as I currently do, on his Redmi 4 Prime before he moved to the Global Rom. If he followed the same steps Dam5reey stated and successfully installed the Global Rom, then I should have no problems following same process.

#ThinkingOutLoud grin grin

http://bigota.d.miui.com/V8.1.2.0.MBEMIDI/miui_HM4ProGlobal_V8.1.2.0.MBEMIDI_a8edfe4ee7_6.0.zip

Is that the same Global Rom you guys used? I have it downloaded already for days now.
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Gptech(m): 9:44am On Jan 19, 2017
Elxandre:

Na wa o.
So 2gb ram still force closes light apps on MIUI.
I use redmi note 2 with 2gig ram, don't experience such unless I have many apps running on the background, I wonder what is so hard for people to just lock the app, it takes less than 3 seconds.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Abubanty: 9:49am On Jan 19, 2017
GrandMufti:

they used a lower processor and they increased the battery capacity. the price makes sense Sha.

yea, but lower processor is based on new technology.

thanks Grand for advising me to wait, make dem just release make i buy. going for the 4GB own. grin grin grin grin
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Abubanty: 9:53am On Jan 19, 2017
toluwanimi07:
kai why Snapdragon 625 nau ... Infact the Redmi note 3 pro still bests tis Device

the redmi note 4 go better pass the Note 3 pro, they actually compared both devices during the launch. Basically they improved on everything on the Note 3 pro.

C d specs

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by aeu1: 9:55am On Jan 19, 2017
temitimx19:

No seller from China would sell/Ship power banks to you.. Dont buy, except you want your money to be refunded back to you.
well anyone can go ahead and prove me wrong!
It all started when batteries started exploding in their cargo planes, some post claim these batteries don't follow safety standards. China post and Sweden post where the first to put a halt in the shipping, Singapore post followed after some months, now Netherlands post stop 3 months back, although I still bought power bank which was smuggled to me and shipped by Geekbuying grin ..
You can read more about these contraband, just Google it, there are some many things that can be shipped from China unless through water ways
Have any of you ever asked why is it that Aliexpress uses only Singapore post and Netherlands post to ship phones, it's not only because they fast, it's mainly because Phones are still allowed to be shipped.
I fear in the near future, this Post might get rouge and stop shipping phones, well let's all wait and see.
Last November I purchased several power banks from China. Netherlands Post and Hong Kong Post were used to ship it.
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Gptech(m): 9:57am On Jan 19, 2017
Abubanty:

thanks Grand for advising me to wait, make dem just release make i buy. going for the 4GB own. grin grin grin grin
Yes, patience pays off good most times, but this actually looks like a downgrade in terms of processing power when you compare to the redmi note 3 pro and redmi note 4, but in terms of battery performance, this should be a monster shocked. But seriously, it's a powerful chipset, not weak as we may want to think, just that we were expecting something better. Still hopeful of a redmi note 4x.
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by GrandMufti: 10:04am On Jan 19, 2017
aeu1:

I was surprised that there is a fingerprint scanner in this model - such menu was not found in the vendor ROM. Original is the best. I'm joyful. We give God praise.

grin oshey
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by GrandMufti: 10:06am On Jan 19, 2017
Abubanty:

yes o! the 625 is battery friendly. they should be available after the holidays
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Gptech(m): 10:08am On Jan 19, 2017
Just spied gsmarena now, the black colour of the redmi note 4 is very tempting, I know they will surely inflate the price just like they usually do for grey colours.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by GrandMufti: 10:09am On Jan 19, 2017
Lovexme:
Paxziano had the same vendor rom, as I currently do, on his Redmi 4 Prime before he moved to the Global Rom. If he followed the same steps Dam5reey stated and successfully installed the Global Rom, then I should have no problems following same process.

http://bigota.d.miui.com/V8.1.2.0.MBEMIDI/miui_HM4ProGlobal_V8.1.2.0.MBEMIDI_a8edfe4ee7_6.0.zip

Is that the same Global Rom you guys used? I have it downloaded already for days now.

go ye and install the update wink
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Dam5reey(m): 10:11am On Jan 19, 2017
Lovexme:

The Fear of bricking... grin

If 2 were successfully, Then you will be successful as well.

Yes, that is the Official Global ROM Miui 8.1 version 8.1.2.0

Modified: If your phone is working fine with the Vendor ROM you dont need to bother
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Dam5reey(m): 10:13am On Jan 19, 2017
Gptech:
Just spied gsmarena now, the black colour of the redmi note 4 is very tempting, I know they will surely inflate the price just like they usually do for grey colours.
I'm not a Fan of Colours, but why the additional cost of about 30$ to get grey colour?
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by dasphinx1(m): 10:16am On Jan 19, 2017
Gptech:

And that black color option looks mean sick cool
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Lovexme(m): 10:18am On Jan 19, 2017
GrandMufti:

go ye and install the update wink

I shall proceed with your blessings grin
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Gptech(m): 10:18am On Jan 19, 2017
Dam5reey:

I'm not a Fan of Colours, but why the additional cost of about 30$ to get grey colour?
Yea, the additional price is really uncalled for, but that's marketing for you. I don't mind spending extra $4 to get my favourite colour (black), but from $10 is way too high.
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Gmajor(m): 10:20am On Jan 19, 2017
guys I purchased a tempered glass and a phone casing along with my r3s.
the phone has arrived since Friday last week, but the tempered glass and casing are still in china.
what could be the problem?

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Gptech(m): 10:20am On Jan 19, 2017
dasphinx1:

And that black color option looks mean sick cool

Different strokes, am sure I hate what you love tongue

(1) (2) (3) ... (185) (186) (187) (188) (189) (190) (191) ... (9337) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: 5 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.