Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,168,830 members, 7,872,792 topics. Date: Wednesday, 26 June 2024 at 10:11 PM

The Xiaomi Thread. - Phones (2364) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / The Xiaomi Thread. (9513490 Views)

My Thoughts On The Xiaomi Redmi 5plus After 3 Weeks Use / Disadvantages Of The Xiaomi Redmi Note 4x / I've Got The Xiaomi 20000mah Powerbank. Any Question? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (2361) (2362) (2363) (2364) (2365) (2366) (2367) ... (9334) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by eleojo23: 8:26pm On Feb 16, 2018
Section80:
throwing shades are for twats...your meme is obsolete! school me about xiaomi,y'all caught the chicken flu! pussiès!!...

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by eleojo23: 8:28pm On Feb 16, 2018
GrandMufti:
Page 2500 should come quick. Time is going

cheesy
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Section80(m): 8:30pm On Feb 16, 2018
mathefaro:
As much I'm enjoying the show, I'll implore you guys to just ignore the attention seeker who sees no good at all in the Redmi Note 5 Pro. He probably wouldn't see anything good in Mi Note 3, MI Mix 2s and the likes as well even as they're cheaper (funny he doesn't want to hear this) than his acclaimed A8.
It's his opinion, choice, and his money to waste.
He calls it "attention seeking".
am i a regular on this thread?...Hell nah!
so just for a day,i decided to leave guest mode,logged in and dropped a comment and each person on here comes up with his or her own opinion describing my world...Funny though!.
y'all talk, nothing but all talk 100%!
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by lawrence7: 8:31pm On Feb 16, 2018
Section80:
again,you lots can spew all the thrash while you still can but i don't care,i am not phased.i am "arguing" blindly,"I'm ignorant" blah blah blah,but none of y'all said anything sensible as to the "Redmi note 5 Pro"..it is cheap,it is cheap like it's an anthem!
i made mention of A8(2018),wahala!(because it is not "cheap"wink
okay,let me mention Nokia 7 plus,that too na another wahala(the price won't come "cheap" as well)
but the specs the device is packed with would be ignored.then again I'm the "ignorant" one here!

Good evening sir, I think the main idea here is that if you'll compare phones it'll be unfair to do so with phones from 2 different price brackets.
Most people will immediately pick an A8 over the note 5 pro if price isn't an issue. But price is an issue.

The note 5 pro and other Xiaomi devices are popular because of how much value for money they provide. And that's something no one does better than Xiaomi.

That's why they are the biggest in India right now. Even ahead of Samsung.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Section80(m): 8:34pm On Feb 16, 2018
eleojo23:

are you done??...do you finally feel complacent now that you've pleased your bosses?
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by kstan(m): 8:39pm On Feb 16, 2018
There's no other person enjoying this recent palatable squabbles other than our Honourable Umi Ambassador, Sir Oga @Lexusgs430.
grin grin

Na play I dey play o
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Elslim: 8:40pm On Feb 16, 2018
Section80:

are you done??...do you finally feel complacent now that you've pleased your bosses?

u too like trouble haba.... goan rest
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by eleojo23: 8:41pm On Feb 16, 2018
Section80:

TGIF, so I get your time. I know you won't stop now...so come on..yeah...more, more, more
cheesy

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by GrandMufti: 8:41pm On Feb 16, 2018
eleojo23:

cheesy

Person suppose chop small awof cheesy
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by eleojo23: 8:42pm On Feb 16, 2018
GrandMufti:

Yes ocheesy

1 Like

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Holuwaxheun(m): 8:44pm On Feb 16, 2018
Section80:

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by fibonacci2526: 8:44pm On Feb 16, 2018
GrandMufti:

That is if princetom1 nor dey around. Him go show that time. Zero chance.
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by eleojo23: 8:45pm On Feb 16, 2018
[quote author=Holuwaxheun post=65126039][/quote]
grin
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by sbashir10(m): 8:45pm On Feb 16, 2018
Gptech:
No there is no front flash.
Thanks
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Holuwaxheun(m): 8:46pm On Feb 16, 2018
eleojo23:

grin

Seriously, I tire for this guy matter.

What I 0bserve about this guy is that, he doesn't want to accept the fact that he can't win all arguments.

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Elslim: 8:47pm On Feb 16, 2018
fibonacci2526:

Xiaomi online store, they have the global version( Google Play services preinstalled from the factory). Na you go tear the seal yourself.lolll.

In Stock Global Version Xiaomi Redmi 5 plus 5.99 inch Full Screen Smartphone Redmi5 4GB 64GB Snapdragon 625 Octa Core 4000mAh
http://s.aliexpress.com/QneIVB7n?fromSns=Copy to Clipboard
(from AliExpress Android)

thanks man.... though going for the 3/32gb combo
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by fibonacci2526: 8:51pm On Feb 16, 2018
Elslim:

thanks man.... though going for the 3/32gb combo

They also have the global version for the 3/32gb configuration too.
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Holuwaxheun(m): 8:51pm On Feb 16, 2018
sbashir10:

Thanks

Why don't u buy Redmi 5 plus if u want front camera flash
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by fibonacci2526: 8:52pm On Feb 16, 2018
Gptech, I see say you just dey observe since. Ok oooo, God dey.
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by GrandMufti: 8:52pm On Feb 16, 2018
fibonacci2526:

That is if princetom1 nor dey around. Him go show that time. Zero chance.

grin cat with 9 lives
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Section80(m): 8:53pm On Feb 16, 2018
lawrence7:

Good evening sir, I think the main idea here is that if you'll compare phones it'll be unfair to do so with phones from 2 different price brackets.
Most people will immediately pick an A8 over the note 5 pro if price isn't an issue. But price is an issue.

The note 5 pro and other Xiaomi devices are popular because of how much value for money they provide. And that's something no one does better than Xiaomi.

That's why they are the biggest in India right now. Even ahead of Samsung.
Thank you for this simple analytical review.
xiaomi runs the Asian mobile market effectively that i am aware of,but that shouldn't deter the tech giant from spending on technology..like make major investments...design patents and all that..they came up with Bezel-less innovation which is like old news already..bigger tech companies are even doing it better..I mean making it look cooler( my opinion anyways)..also tech giants spend heavily partaining to this little advancements hence their high pricing!
the low cost of xiaomi products simply has to do with its less technological advancement...they should invest in new tech ideas atleast.. even One plus didn't gain so much familiarity/popularity overtime like xiaomi but they make good devices..i am not saying xiaomi isn't good..they could just step it up.like a little!
just look up Nokia 7 plus and tell me why one won't break the bank(not necessarily though)..it's a mid-ranger still!
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by AlvaroMorata(m): 8:56pm On Feb 16, 2018
One thing I like about this guy is his firm resolve to keep on ranting.. grin

1 Like

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by eleojo23: 8:59pm On Feb 16, 2018
AlvaroMorata:
One thing I like about this guy is his firm resolve to keep on ranting.. grin

It's good for business. We must reach page 2500 by all means very soon grin
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Section80(m): 9:13pm On Feb 16, 2018
Elslim:

u too like trouble haba.... goan rest
No i am not troublesome..they chose to insult me instead
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by lawrence7: 9:18pm On Feb 16, 2018
Section80:

Thank you for this simple analytical review.
xiaomi runs the Asian mobile market effectively that i am aware of,but that shouldn't deter the tech giant from spending on technology..like make major investments...design patents and all that..they came up with Bezel-less innovation which is like old news already..bigger tech companies are even doing it better..I mean making it look cooler( my opinion anyways)..also tech giants spend heavily partaining to this little advancements hence their high pricing!
the low cost of xiaomi products simply has to do with its less technological advancement...they should invest in new tech ideas atleast.. even One plus didn't gain so much familiarity/popularity overtime like xiaomi but they make good devices..i am not saying xiaomi isn't good..they could just step it up.like a little!
just look up Nokia 7 plus and tell me why one won't break the bank(not necessarily though)..it's a mid-ranger still!

I think the reason Xiaomi is reluctant to spend money on things like research and development or on premium specifications like Quick Charge is that they know their market.

They occupy a niche that is filled with people who either cannot or will not pay extra for these features. And so they focus on adding small incremental performance and design updates to subsequent devices.

They do this so well that Xiaomi is like the 5th largest phone maker world wide currently. And Nokia that now makes really good android phones is just 11th.

If you notice also they focus on things that matter to that market. Like battery life and Dual sim support.
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by OneKinGuy(m): 9:23pm On Feb 16, 2018
U said International version is not china but global rom, why do i still need to flash global rom please

Gptech:

International version is not China rom but Global rom, should incase your phone comes with Chinese rom you can install Google apps in less than 5 mins. Chinese rom contains more features than the Global rom but doesn't necessarily mean one is better than the other. Once your phone lands you can unlock bootloader and flash the global rom.
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by fibonacci2526: 9:31pm On Feb 16, 2018
OneKinGuy:
U said International version is not china but global rom, why do i still need to flash global rom please

Oga international version is GLOBAL version.
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by jboixxx: 9:31pm On Feb 16, 2018
WorldGreatest1:
Hello house, my RN4X was stolen yesterday. The screen lock is turned off, MI account is activated, the bootloader is still unlocked, and mobile data is turned on. The recovery phone number is on the phone and the recovery email is signed in. I have tried calling the number but the real owner has switched it off. How do I wipe everything in it or at least get the new owner locked out. Response needed urgently pleaseeee.

cc:Gptech, Grandmufti, Holuwaxeun, noobody, jboixxx, Protein0

Sorry for the loss, brother.
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Gptech(m): 9:33pm On Feb 16, 2018
Mfunkynation:
theme name
Bliss.
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by jboixxx: 9:36pm On Feb 16, 2018
eleojo23:

cheesy
What's happening on 2500?
You na don de entertain people with arguments again? No be small thing for this thread o...from Henry to section**! It is well.
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by eleojo23: 9:38pm On Feb 16, 2018
jboixxx:

What's happening on 2500?
You na don de entertain people with arguments again? No be small thing for this thread o...from Henry to section**! It is well.

Wait fes...I have one more thing to say to section..I dey come
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by eleojo23: 9:39pm On Feb 16, 2018
Section80:

No i am not troublesome..they chose to insult me instead

So you are being persecuted?...hmmm..

(1) (2) (3) ... (2361) (2362) (2363) (2364) (2365) (2366) (2367) ... (9334) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: Abbeytoy(m), pheranme9(m) and 5 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.