Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,173,134 members, 7,887,279 topics. Date: Friday, 12 July 2024 at 05:43 AM

The Xiaomi Thread. - Phones (2367) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / The Xiaomi Thread. (9553513 Views)

My Thoughts On The Xiaomi Redmi 5plus After 3 Weeks Use / Disadvantages Of The Xiaomi Redmi Note 4x / I've Got The Xiaomi 20000mah Powerbank. Any Question? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (2364) (2365) (2366) (2367) (2368) (2369) (2370) ... (9338) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Gptech(m): 11:55am On Feb 17, 2018
gidieberry:
@Gptech do chinese dev rom still has root by default
Can't confirm for now but it should.
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by WorldGreatest1(m): 12:02pm On Feb 17, 2018
Gptech:

So sorry for the loss, just login to mi cloud on any browser, click on lost mode and lock the phone from there, there is no greater frustration for the so called new owner.
Take note of the words in the red rectangle, u I'll need to retrieve your number ASAP.

Nagode Oga sir, I wiped it first and then activated lost mode and I am fully aware of the consequences. At least I am happy now. I'll get mi note 3 next. Oga noobody here, I come.
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by GogetterMD(m): 12:11pm On Feb 17, 2018
Protein0:
what's the prognosis like?
Well, I'd say that it's a 18:9, between a Mi Mix 2 and a mi6. The situation can still be salvaged
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by jboixxx: 12:36pm On Feb 17, 2018
Gptech:

Can't confirm for now but it should.
It doesn't support o.

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by jboixxx: 12:39pm On Feb 17, 2018
Gptech:

Its been there for some weeks without my notice.
Oops! Didn't know either and not even avail on China Dev
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by jboixxx: 12:41pm On Feb 17, 2018
gidieberry:
@Gptech do chinese dev rom still has root by default
it does.
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Section80(m): 12:48pm On Feb 17, 2018
ubev01:
taking about Nokia 7 plus (an unreleased phone) based on what leaks are saying, wait for the real thing before singing it's praise, another person might quote the Bolded to call you out when you start complaining about Nokia 7+ tomorrow
Nokia 7 plus has a few certified specs...none from Note 5 Pro was ever certified..it was just "probable"
i am not a nokia guy..not too eager to go for it..maybe i may or not!
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by tonyeb2k(m): 12:58pm On Feb 17, 2018
jboixxx:
All of them don argue, now they're sleeping like a **. Kontinu. Why be say na only new comers de come here de argue? Which kain wahala be ds?
Oga Tonyeb2k, how far? 6days o. Kindly holla me if you still get my digit cuz I don't have yours (no vex, na the practical I de use my phone for de cuz this kasala)!
the only Boss way I cut cap for, I hail thee... I don they find your number for sometime now but e be like say, I no fit find am again I been save am for phone, when I wipe the phone e follow wipe. zero seven zero 66 seven 67928 help just drop any message for me.
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Gptech(m): 1:01pm On Feb 17, 2018
jboixxx:

It doesn't support o.
There's is a way to enable it.
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by jboixxx: 1:05pm On Feb 17, 2018
Gptech:

There's is a way to enable it.
Just did now
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by henry007(m): 1:21pm On Feb 17, 2018
lawrence7:
Does anyone here own the MI Band 2?
Is the battery really that good?
Is it advisable to bundle my purchase of the Redmi 5 Plus with the MI band 2?

I own a Mi Band 2 and i've been wearing it everyday since i got it.

I actually reviewed it but never published. Here's my review

Today i’m going to be reviewing the Xiaomi Mi Band 2. So first, the unboxing. You’re greeted with the device itself and then you have the strap underneath. Also the USB cable for charging the Mi band 2. No charger however.

The mi band 2 uses an OLED display which makes it easy to see the information on it indoors and outdoors, it’s also resistant to scratches and fingerprint.
The strap has a nice rubbery texture that fits snuggly around my wrist and it’s adjustable to a fair degree.

Setting it up is pretty simple, first you charge and then you press the one and only touch button to turn it on. It shows you 3 information by default, the time, your heart rate and the battery but you can obviously add more options.

Syncing the Mi band 2 to your smartphone is pretty easy, just go your playstore for android or Appstore for iOS and download the Mi Band 2 App, sign up, add device and you’re synced.

I had a couple of settings modified to suit my taste, like changing from showing just the time to showing the time + date and notifying me when i have an incoming call by vibrating. I also modified the settings to improve the accuracy of my sleep data.

The Mi Band 2 can do a whole lot more like notifying you when your Alarm goes off, yep you would never miss another appointment with this thing vibrating on your arm. You can also set it to notify you when you have a notification on all of your messaging Apps, social media apps, incoming email, SMS and Calendar.

You can also set the mi band 2 to vibrate when you have been idle for a while. This one is especially good for 9-5 peeps who sit down all day long in front of a PC.

You also get the DND to turn off all vibrations temporarily.

As for what it can display, you can show Time, Steps, Distance, Calories burned, heart rate and battery.

Now i have selected the options to show only these 4 coz they’re the most important to me.

You also have a location settings to help you find your band when it goes missing or something

So after about a week of using the mi band 2, i found the heart beat reader really reassuring and i have developed some rather unusual healthy habits like walking around more frequently. The mi band 2 is IP67 so you can actually shower with it, i personally haven’t but i have rinsed it and it worked perfectly after that.

As for the battery life, i personally lose about 1-2% of battery daily. However, for some modification in the settings, your battery life may change, not drastically tho. I’d say you should be able to use this device for 2 to 3 weeks on a single charge.

If you’re interested in buying one of these, the Xiaomi mi Band 2 costs $28. I got this unit from https://www.gearbest.com/smart-watches/pp_362705.html?lkid=13119807 and i would be leaving the link in the description box below. They have a bunch of cool accessories for it too.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Section80(m): 1:22pm On Feb 17, 2018
lawrence7:

I think the reason Xiaomi is reluctant to spend money on things like research and development or on premium specifications like Quick Charge is that they know their market.

They occupy a niche that is filled with people who either cannot or will not pay extra for these features. And so they focus on adding small incremental performance and design updates to subsequent devices.

They do this so well that Xiaomi is like the 5th largest phone maker world wide currently. And Nokia that now makes really good android phones is just 11th.

If you notice also they focus on things that matter to that market. Like battery life and Dual sim support.
The Asian market won't just cut it out for xiaomi if they continue with this crab and a bucket business strategy.Dual sim,battery life..so that's all their fans care about?
same xiaomi made a twitter poll on MIUI and AndroidOne,which is most preferred!?,same fans voted for AndroidOne(53%)...xiaomi deleted everything afterwards..like they could not take their "L" like a real champ should.
Nokia launches with stock android..updates will come through timely..As for the note 5 series,one will wait till september for Oreo update yet some individuals on here will say MIUI is better of.
all I'm saying is that a lil upgrade here and there won't kill its status as the 5th largest OEM...they amass a loyal fan base already over the past years.a lil price surge will definitely be negligible:
$200-$250,$250-$300,what's the difference anyways!?!
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by noobody(m): 1:28pm On Feb 17, 2018
WorldGreatest1:

Nagode Oga sir, I wiped it first and then activated lost mode and I am fully aware of the consequences. At least I am happy now. I'll get mi note 3 next. Oga noobody here, I come.

It would be a great pleasure to serve you sir,

Sorry once again for ur loss boss,

Cheers smiley
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by henry007(m): 1:35pm On Feb 17, 2018
Section80:

i/said individual were discussing about its popularity,in the nigerian mobile market as a whole..it has nothing to do with your thread.

You said "here is the problem,you guys on here are all about xiaomi". You should have been specific coz "on here" could mean on planet Earth grin

Another thing with that statement is i don't think Phone section on Nairaland is the most accurate representation of the Nigerian Mobile market
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Section80(m): 1:39pm On Feb 17, 2018
Dam5reey:

Simple business studies should teach you that wink

That is expensive does not mean its a good product, Will you buy Nokia 6 over Redmi note 5 pro?

Its simply beCos we buy it from whole seller, ship directly from country of origin.. No task not agent fees and other cost...
simple business studies you say,my field was not "business studies" inclined so pardon my "ignorance"..i am typing what is happening in "2018"!..A8(2018),Note 5 Pro,Nokia 7 Plus
let's ignore the pricing for a minute and face device " specs"
xiaomi products are too plain...aside dual sim support,fair SOT,affordability..what else does these products offer in terms of user experience and hardware?!
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Section80(m): 2:04pm On Feb 17, 2018
henry007:

You said "here is the problem,you guys on here are all about xiaomi". You should have been specific coz "on here" could mean on planet Earth grin

Another thing with that statement is i don't think Phone section on Nairaland is the most accurate representation of the Nigerian Mobile market
pardon me,but by "on here",i always mean this thread.everyone here buzzes about xiaomi,but what about the average man in sokoto,ebonyi,osun,rivers,benue,niger and so on...your average barber,stylist,spare part dealer and whatnot,how many of these persons can boast about the xiaomi product chain like you guys do on this thread,I'm talking figures 4,5,6.. not 10's and 100's

has any xiaomi offline store been established in africa as a whole?...i doubt that.

oh really?..all i have noticed overtime is that there seem to be alot of "smarty pants" on Nairaland phone section!..this should be the best section to be at,y'all entertaining!
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by henry007(m): 2:05pm On Feb 17, 2018
Section80:

simple business studies you say,my field was not "business studies" inclined so pardon my "ignorance"..i am typing what is happening in "2018"!..A8(2018),Note 5 Pro,Nokia 7 Plus
xiaomi products are too plain...aside dual sim support,fair SOT,affordability..what else does these products offer in terms of user experience and hardware?!

What's your basis for comparison between these 3 phones?
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Mrlastborn(m): 2:06pm On Feb 17, 2018
Section80:

that's wia u got it wrong, u cant ignore the price, if not for price probably,i might b using iPhone X. infact the price is wat determine the spec. for example, i want to produce a $300 phone, i must limit d spec to fones on da level and try to beat the rest by stepping up a bit in some aspect. but my end product must b within d fix price.
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by henry007(m): 2:13pm On Feb 17, 2018
Section80:

pardon me,but by "on here",i always mean this thread.everyone here buzzes about xiaomi,but what about the average man in sokoto,ebonyi,osun,rivers,benue,niger and so on...your average barber,stylist,spare part dealer and whatnot,how many of these persons can boast about the xiaomi product chain like you guys do on this thread,I'm talking figures 4,5,6.. not 10's and 100's

has any xiaomi offline store been established in africa as a whole?...i doubt that.

oh really?..all i have noticed overtime is that there seem to be alot of "smarty pants" on Nairaland phone section!..this should be the best section to be at,y'all entertaining!

If you meant this thread, then i'd really like to know the level of buzz about Xiaomi that you expected in a Xiaomi thread.

I honestly would like to believe that Xiaomi users in Nigeria already know the risks they're taking when buying phones without after-sales services as with iPhone users. I've been using Apple products for a while now and i always weigh the risks before buying. The risks should even be more apparent to Xiaomi customers coz parts are rarely readily available.
Meanwhile, there are smarty pants everywhere. Have you visited politics section?
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Deicide: 2:35pm On Feb 17, 2018
WTF...... grin

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Mfunkynation(m): 2:38pm On Feb 17, 2018
henry007:

If you meant this thread, then i'd really like to know the level of buzz about Xiaomi that you expected in a Xiaomi thread.

I honestly would like to believe that Xiaomi users in Nigeria already know the risks they're taking when buying phones without after-sales services as with iPhone users. I've been using Apple products for a while now and i always weigh the risks before buying. The risks should even be more apparent to Xiaomi customers coz parts are rarely readily available.
Meanwhile, there are smarty pants everywhere. Have you visited politics section?

Henry007 vs section80....... awesome!
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Section80(m): 2:53pm On Feb 17, 2018
henry007:

it is a xiaomi thread for sure,but with the whole buzzing here and there,do newbie buyers know about the downside of these devices?...all i read from time to time is the "merits" of owning a xiaomi device.it is just marketing to the sellers on here,yet you mentioned the risk(s) involved in making purchases..do these sellers let known to these newbie buyers such risk(s)?
Reviews on this thread should allows go "For" and "against" not just the former only!
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Mfunkynation(m): 2:56pm On Feb 17, 2018
Deicide:
WTF...... grin
is that site for real? have yu order before from them?
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Deicide: 2:59pm On Feb 17, 2018
Nope i haven't ordered from them b4 and am not planning to just discover the site today grin
Mfunkynation:
is that site for real? have you order before from them?
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Section80(m): 3:06pm On Feb 17, 2018
Mrlastborn:

that's wia u got it wrong, u cant ignore the price, if not for price probably,i might b using iPhone X. infact the price is wat determine the spec. for example, i want to produce a $300 phone, i must limit d spec to fones on da level and try to beat the rest by stepping up a bit in some aspect. but my end product must b within d fix price.
xiaomi shouldn't always be about trying to maximize profits at the end of the day!
back to the Iphone X:people still fork out over $999 on said device..why do these tech giants still make big profits with overpriced products??
Don't say it's because of the brand, be it "Apple","Samsung"...there is more to it other than being a big brand...xiaomi could be a big brand overnight if they eventually milk their game up!
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Section80(m): 3:12pm On Feb 17, 2018
henry007:

What's your basis for comparison between these 3 phones?

all three are 2018 models..with a little or say slight upgrade(s) from previous(last year's)models
Note 5 Pro didn't do much..i'd go for Note 4X instead if I'm moved!
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Dam5reey(m): 3:18pm On Feb 17, 2018
Section80:

xiaomi products are too plain. ..aside dual sim support,fair SOT,affordability..what else does these products offer in terms of user experience and hardware?!

grin

I don't have your time....

MIUI alone is enough for me

Then you mentioned Nokia, even Nokia don't have Android interface yet.. They simply use pure Android...
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Holuwaxheun(m): 3:18pm On Feb 17, 2018
Section80:

all three are 2018 models..with a little or say slight upgrade(s) from previous(last year's)models

Hello bro. If u are ready to be transparent, kindly compare Xiaomi high end phones with the Nokia 7 plus, Samsung A8.

It's quite funny for u to say price should not be put into consideration while comparing devices. From ur statement, u are just like u can compare Samsung J7 with iPhone 7 since both were produced in same year.
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by seaboyzen: 3:24pm On Feb 17, 2018
please help me check if this charger we not spoil oukitel u20 plus.

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Dam5reey(m): 3:26pm On Feb 17, 2018
Section80:

I'm not getting you oo,

You should compare phone in the same category... Nokia 7 plus can be compared to Mi note 3 cos they use the same processor... And not Note 5 pro...

What make a better Phone is Cost effectiveness..
It's as simple as that...
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Dam5reey(m): 3:29pm On Feb 17, 2018
Holuwaxheun:

Hello bro. If u are ready to be transparent, kindly compare Xiaomi high end phones with the Nokia 7 plus, Samsung A8.

It's quite funny for u to say price should not be put into consideration while comparing devices. From ur statement, u are just like u can compare Samsung J7 with iPhone 7 since both were produced in same year.

He should compare Nokia 2 to Nokia 8 as well since price should not be used a basis for comparison... He is just trying to move the Thread to 2500..

Abeg Is Express delivery available this Holiday?
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by fibonacci2526: 3:29pm On Feb 17, 2018
Holuwaxheun:

Free am, stop entertaining the clown.

(1) (2) (3) ... (2364) (2365) (2366) (2367) (2368) (2369) (2370) ... (9338) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: 5 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 76
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.