Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,173,138 members, 7,887,294 topics. Date: Friday, 12 July 2024 at 06:08 AM

The Xiaomi Thread. - Phones (2366) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / The Xiaomi Thread. (9553610 Views)

My Thoughts On The Xiaomi Redmi 5plus After 3 Weeks Use / Disadvantages Of The Xiaomi Redmi Note 4x / I've Got The Xiaomi 20000mah Powerbank. Any Question? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (2363) (2364) (2365) (2366) (2367) (2368) (2369) ... (9338) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Elslim: 7:50am On Feb 17, 2018
seunlaww:

Since i bought mine in about 4 months ago, i think I've only charged it like 3 times and its waterproof. I used it as watch sha cos the thing no even gree read my heart rate. It doesn't make too much sense to me.

loool.... first thing first when last did u upgrade ur heart?? grin
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by seunlaww(m): 7:53am On Feb 17, 2018
Elslim:

loool.... first thing first when last did u upgrade ur heart?? grin
My heart is running the latest os oo. grin grin grin
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by frankyvalll(m): 7:56am On Feb 17, 2018
good morning all, anybody with used xiaomi mi max for sale?
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by OLADO(m): 7:59am On Feb 17, 2018
Gptech:

Boring large icons like dis? I nr fit try contaminate my beloved miui with any kind of launcher grin. I never even use miui theme editor, nr worry, u go soon get the opportunity to experiment wink.

Oga Gptech, how did you reduce the icon size?
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by fibonacci2526: 8:06am On Feb 17, 2018
slingerf:
If I may ask, how is this product in Ali express different from the same product to be launched this month
Just want to know please. Kinda confused

The Redmi note 5 and Redmi 5 plus are the same but the Redmi note 5 pro is different.
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Gptech(m): 8:10am On Feb 17, 2018
PureMe01:
wow!!!Dats cool to d sight.. which launcher is dat
Stock miui launcher, just applied some of themes.
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Elslim: 8:11am On Feb 17, 2018
seunlaww:

My heart is running the latest os oo. grin grin grin

no I doubt it, u need to flash global rom on it.... its a stable ROM.... dem gptech fit help u sha
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Gptech(m): 8:12am On Feb 17, 2018
OLADO:

Oga Gptech, how did you reduce the icon size?
Na to use themes with small icons as favorite tray when you dey customise themes.

1 Like

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by PureMe01: 8:21am On Feb 17, 2018
Gptech:

Stock miui launcher, just applied some of themes.
ok perhaps I mayn't need foreign launcher afterall
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by noobody(m): 8:26am On Feb 17, 2018
iliyande:
You guys really get time upthere cool

Looool cheesy
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by iliyande(m): 8:38am On Feb 17, 2018
noobody:

Looool cheesy
Hope you understood?
Extra security cheesy
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Gptech(m): 8:52am On Feb 17, 2018
PureMe01:
ok perhaps I mayn't need foreign launcher afterall
Maybe wink.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by jboixxx: 9:05am On Feb 17, 2018
Gptech:

Maybe wink.
So, they've added home screen layout at last!
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by henry007(m): 9:11am On Feb 17, 2018
Samsantos9:
Hey guys, can you please suggest a nice Xiaomi phone I can get for about 50k and how to get it?

Redmi Note 4x
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by henry007(m): 9:26am On Feb 17, 2018
Section80:

Thank you for this simple analytical review.
xiaomi runs the Asian mobile market effectively that i am aware of,but that shouldn't deter the tech giant from spending on technology..like make major investments...design patents and all that..they came up with Bezel-less innovation which is like old news already..bigger tech companies are even doing it better..I mean making it look cooler( my opinion anyways)..also tech giants spend heavily partaining to this little advancements hence their high pricing!
the low cost of xiaomi products simply has to do with its less technological advancement...they should invest in new tech ideas atleast.. even One plus didn't gain so much familiarity/popularity overtime like xiaomi but they make good devices..i am not saying xiaomi isn't good..they could just step it up.like a little!
just look up Nokia 7 plus and tell me why one won't break the bank(not necessarily though)..it's a mid-ranger still!

Isn't Nokia 7 Plus still unofficial?

My suggestion is that you build your perfect $200-$250 device. Let's know what you expect from a phone of that price range.

Body -
Display -
Platform -
Memory -
Camera -
Feautures -
Battery -

To me, there are only a few things i would change/trade about the Xiaomi Redmi Note 5 Pro that won't affect the price so much.
USB type C rather than micro USB (i don't mind trading 250mah battery for this feature)
Ship with Oreo (not a big deal)
Replace those silver bands at the back with "invisible" plastic antenna bands on the edges and make the front face of all the colors black(those sensors make the white version ugly and cheap)
Everything else seems perfect.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by slingerf: 9:27am On Feb 17, 2018
fibonacci2526:

The Redmi note 5 and Redmi 5 plus are the same but the Redmi note 5 pro is different.

Ait, thanks, so Redmi note 5/Redmi 5 plus is now in the market uhn?
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Jeremy24: 9:33am On Feb 17, 2018
Something you didn't use or have experience with just their note 4X how can you conclude about it being a rumour unless your sight of view has some mediocre in it just like they said.

Section80:

oh boy,like how do you figure?
where did i categorically compare and contrast Hot S3 with the Note 5 Pro?
i called a "phone" garbage,not an individual..y'all took it to a whole another level with the petty comments
i expressed how i felt about a "device".."disappointed"
That i followed a device for months with renders most likely to spot on said device which turns to be just rumours at the end of the day,and i should just be like y'all on here and sing praises "oh ye,xiaomi" to my disappointment?!
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by fibonacci2526: 9:39am On Feb 17, 2018
slingerf:

Ait, thanks, so Redmi note 5/Redmi 5 plus is now in the market uhn?

Redmi 5 plus is in stock.

1 Like

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Jeremy24: 10:02am On Feb 17, 2018
Please @Gptech how do you make your app notifications to be seen at the top of your notification bar because all my whatsapp and notifications as scattered when entering (I.e separate). Please is there any additional settings required.

Thanks
Gptech:

Boring large icons like dis? I nr fit try contaminate my beloved miui with any kind of launcher grin. I never even use miui theme editor, nr worry, u go soon get the opportunity to experiment wink.
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Mfunkynation(m): 10:10am On Feb 17, 2018
Gptech:
Maybe wink.
how did u get d home screen layout option
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by ubev01(m): 10:27am On Feb 17, 2018
Section80:

comments like this upsets me... it's cheap,it's cheap.
that's what y'all been saying!
ever questioned why it always comes cheap?
the real question should be; what exactly are you looking for in a cheap device (CPL), so much so as to get disappointed when leaks didn't turn out real? It's not as if the A8 is not already out. Sharks don't swin in the streams, so compare the A8 with xiaomi phones in the same price range (mi6 mi note 3) peace
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by ubev01(m): 10:33am On Feb 17, 2018
AlvaroMorata:

Pardon me, I will assume you were on cheap drugs when you dropped that comment.. am I right?
bubble busted grin
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by ubev01(m): 10:51am On Feb 17, 2018
Section80:

Thank you for this simple analytical review.
xiaomi runs the Asian mobile market effectively that i am aware of,but that shouldn't deter the tech giant from spending on technology..like make major investments...design patents and all that..they came up with Bezel-less innovation which is like old news already..bigger tech companies are even doing it better..I mean making it look cooler( my opinion anyways)..also tech giants spend heavily partaining to this little advancements hence their high pricing!
the low cost of xiaomi products simply has to do with its less technological advancement...they should invest in new tech ideas atleast.. even One plus didn't gain so much familiarity/popularity overtime like xiaomi but they make good devices..i am not saying xiaomi isn't good..they could just step it up.like a little!
just look up Nokia 7 plus and tell me why one won't break the bank(not necessarily though)..it's a mid-ranger still!
taking about Nokia 7 plus (an unreleased phone) based on what leaks are saying, wait for the real thing before singing it's praise, another person might quote the Bolded to call you out when you start complaining about Nokia 7+ tomorrow
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by androsurf: 10:52am On Feb 17, 2018
Awoof Alert!!!

If you want to order something on aliexpress that's up to $200, contact me. I have a $210 sitting in my payoneer. Exchange rate at $345. Thanks
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by ubev01(m): 10:53am On Feb 17, 2018
lawrence7:

I think the reason Xiaomi is reluctant to spend money on things like research and development or on premium specifications like Quick Charge is that they know their market.

They occupy a niche that is filled with people who either cannot or will not pay extra for these features. And so they focus on adding small incremental performance and design updates to subsequent devices.

They do this so well that Xiaomi is like the 5th largest phone maker world wide currently. And Nokia that now makes really good android phones is just 11th.

If you notice also they focus on things that matter to that market. Like battery life and Dual sim support.
4th actually
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by androsurf: 10:53am On Feb 17, 2018
Awoof Alert!!!

If you want to order something on aliexpress that's up to $200, contact me.. Exchange rate at #345. Thanks
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by gidieberry(m): 11:02am On Feb 17, 2018
@Gptech do chinese dev rom still has root by default
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by slingerf: 11:04am On Feb 17, 2018
fibonacci2526:

Redmi 5 plus is in stock.

Plz, need ur contact.. Just want to have Pm conversation
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by ubev01(m): 11:07am On Feb 17, 2018
lawrence7:
Does anyone here own the MI Band 2?
Is the battery really that good?
Is it advisable to bundle my purchase of the Redmi 5 Plus with the MI band 2?
battery was great, i charge it every 10 days until it started lasting 3/4 days. Stopped using it since then. Smart wears are meant to last about 2years after which it lacks off. Keep that in mind too
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Gptech(m): 11:46am On Feb 17, 2018
jboixxx:

So, they've added home screen layout at last!
Its been there for some weeks without my notice.
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Gptech(m): 11:52am On Feb 17, 2018
Jeremy24:
Please @Gptech how do you make your app notifications to be seen at the top of your notification bar because all my whatsapp and notifications as scattered when entering (I.e separate). Please is there any additional settings required.

Thanks
I think it has to do with your current rom, an update should fix that.
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Gptech(m): 11:54am On Feb 17, 2018
Mfunkynation:
how did u get d home screen layout option
Its there if you are on developer rom, should hopefully get to stable rom soon, those using Mi Max and Mi Max 2 have had it on stable rom from inception, but only have 2 options to choose from.

(1) (2) (3) ... (2363) (2364) (2365) (2366) (2367) (2368) (2369) ... (9338) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: 3 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.