Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,168,866 members, 7,872,877 topics. Date: Thursday, 27 June 2024 at 01:26 AM

Transcript Of Buhari's Interview With Amanpour On CNN - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Transcript Of Buhari's Interview With Amanpour On CNN (38966 Views)

Demola Fashola Meets Christiane Amanpour Of CNN / Buhari's Interview With Osasu Show: Speaks On Aso Rock Cabal & Daura (Video) / Aisha Buhari's Interview With BBC Hausa (Full Text) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Transcript Of Buhari's Interview With Amanpour On CNN by KingAdeOluomo1(m): 4:30pm On May 13, 2016
Well.Na.APC.SHA
Re: Transcript Of Buhari's Interview With Amanpour On CNN by GreatEngineer(m): 4:31pm On May 13, 2016
greggng:
Buhari is very honest and sincere about all that he does. I only hope Nigerians give him a benefit of doubt. He needs our support and understanding. I ve no doubt he will restore nigeria glory

Am not doubting your comment but how about him looking into how APC got their campaign fund, don't you think state money was also diverted into the campaign!

Until he does that, I will say he is selective in the corruption fight.
Re: Transcript Of Buhari's Interview With Amanpour On CNN by NOETHNICITY(m): 4:31pm On May 13, 2016
bedspread:
AM TIRED OF PMB GRANTING INTERVIEWS!! A SENIOR SPECIAL ASSISTANT SHOULD BE ASSIGNED FOR THIS
obviously there is nothing for u to criticise todayn so why not just walk past the thread?
Re: Transcript Of Buhari's Interview With Amanpour On CNN by DealZ(m): 4:32pm On May 13, 2016
2.1 billion dollars as in even dat oyinbo woman d thing shock her...people way de naija no reach 2.1 billion so if everybody palm one one million dollars of dat money for this country walai change go remain....oga Jona I hail, well no be jonah fault na d pple way been surround am...Godbless nigeria gracefully
Re: Transcript Of Buhari's Interview With Amanpour On CNN by NOETHNICITY(m): 4:33pm On May 13, 2016
GreatEngineer:

Am not doubting your comment but how about him looking into how APC got their campaign fund, don't you think state money was also diverted into the campaign!

We depend on the state gov to help us with the revelations! We APC supporters will not call itt witchhunting

1 Like

Re: Transcript Of Buhari's Interview With Amanpour On CNN by Emade(m): 4:33pm On May 13, 2016
gbens2000:
if mr president mix cement and milk for u and tell u its garri and milk i swear u would drink,i cry for my generation tribalism and nepotism with greed as blinded us we only see backwards and not forward how can u agree to the whole world that ur country is fantasticaly corupt.and u too are spiting this trash am in tears for u.GOD help nigeria and our dear president.DAMN!
are u sure u not lying? since u see telling your generation lie as the solution, I believe your bible
tells u that telling lie will set u free. am crying for u already.

1 Like

Re: Transcript Of Buhari's Interview With Amanpour On CNN by Nobody: 4:34pm On May 13, 2016
TheFreeOne:
And we expect there'll be serious FDIs
How is he wrong, do u want him to bury his head in sand and say Nigerian leaders are not corrupt?
Re: Transcript Of Buhari's Interview With Amanpour On CNN by gagewonda(m): 4:34pm On May 13, 2016
I wasnt surprised wen cameron called us fantastically corrupt. Apart from it being a fact, mr president has been going from country to country ryt from wen he became president-elect to announce to the world how corrupt we are. If u r a father nd u tell pple outside dat ur children r pick pockets be sure to hear those pple outside call ur children armed robbers. What im saying in essence is dat mr president is really doing a bad job wit d image of nigeria. No president goes out to call his pple corrupt even in d united states der are large scale corruption we can read how enron went down cos of large scale financial fraud and manipulations bt u will neva hear d us govt bring dat to d public. Russia is anoda corrupt nation bt putin will neva come out nd say dey are corrupt. Even OBJ neva went outside nigeria to accept we r corrupt. Hw can mr president run down our image nd still expect foreigners to come nd invest. Pls someone shld also advice mr president dat we hav heard enough of the 2.1 billion lets move forward already. Cos i personally feel dat money was PDP stolen funds to prosecute campaigns nd was neva meant for arms nd ammunition. Lets move forward already im tired
Re: Transcript Of Buhari's Interview With Amanpour On CNN by focus7: 4:35pm On May 13, 2016
I just love my president, I never regret voting him into power.

2 Likes

Re: Transcript Of Buhari's Interview With Amanpour On CNN by giddykay: 4:35pm On May 13, 2016
missdebs:
how will this affect our tomatoless soup
let's pray for much rain
Re: Transcript Of Buhari's Interview With Amanpour On CNN by ceejay80s(m): 4:35pm On May 13, 2016
ephi123:
Buhari, we really don't need to wash our dirty linen in public na embarassed

Who's dirty linen?

Are u not a Christian?

Now, telling the truth has now become a sin abi ?

1 Like

Re: Transcript Of Buhari's Interview With Amanpour On CNN by LaExpert: 4:36pm On May 13, 2016
Awesome!

Fair responses from the president, he's very honest.
There's no point pretending there's no problem when a big one actually exist, it won't help.

I really hope the present government is able to bring out all the perpetrators of the said $2.1bn.
If he's unable to identify, recover and duly prosecute the perpetrators before May 2019, then he is a big failure and ultimately, a part of the corruption problem.

1 Like

Re: Transcript Of Buhari's Interview With Amanpour On CNN by Bjergtrolde: 4:37pm On May 13, 2016
Trust Amanpour to launder the image of the brainless one. She was one of those who created the illusion that deceived Nigerians into voting for this dreadful government.

You know the Government is in trouble when she is wheeled out to try to explain explain away Buhari's gross deficiencies to the outside world.
I would not call any individual who buys this an idiot (after my last ban) but I will like to sell the 3rd mainland bridge to him or her.

1 Like

Re: Transcript Of Buhari's Interview With Amanpour On CNN by dulux07(m): 4:38pm On May 13, 2016
MrPresident1:
Our president says we are all 'fantastically corrupt' grin

Our number one image maker, the symbol of our nationhood and sovereignty says we are all criminals shocked

Maybe una nor hear am well well make I talk am for Yoruba, O so wipe criminal ni gbogbo wa shocked grin

Nigeria has ended, if you like keep burying your head in the sand and living in denial like an ostrich.

Israel, we are going home cheesy, our God has redeemed us, and the days of the fulfillment of His promises are here grin

God has won.

Jeremiah 30:3
For, lo, the days come, saith the LORD, that I will bring again the captivity of my people Israel and Judah, saith the LORD: and I will cause them to return to the land that I gave to their fathers, and they shall possess it.

Jeremiah 33:14-16
Behold, the days come, saith the LORD, that I will perform that good thing which I have promised unto the house of Israel and to the house of Judah. 15 In those days, and at that time, will I cause the Branch of righteousness to grow up unto David; and he shall execute judgment and righteousness in the land. 16 In those days shall Judah be saved, and Jerusalem shall dwell safely: and this [is the name] wherewith she shall be called, The LORD our righteousness.

Hope your kidding with your comment. If not always try to understand the context of a sentence. Nigeria is fantastically corrupt" does not mean all nigerians r corrupt. It simply means there is extremely high level of corruption going on in the country.

1 Like

Re: Transcript Of Buhari's Interview With Amanpour On CNN by LaExpert: 4:41pm On May 13, 2016
DealZ:
2.1 billion dollars as in even dat oyinbo woman d thing shock her...people way de naija no reach 2.1 billion so if everybody palm one one million dollars of dat money for this country walai change go remain....oga Jona I hail, well no be jonah fault na d pple way been surround am...Godbless nigeria gracefully

Lol..
If people are to share it with each person taking $1m, it will only be enough for 2100people, not the entire population. cheesy

God Bless Nigeria!
Re: Transcript Of Buhari's Interview With Amanpour On CNN by mmsen: 4:41pm On May 13, 2016
Who has been convicted of a crime pertaining to the $2.1 billion supposedly 'shared'?
Re: Transcript Of Buhari's Interview With Amanpour On CNN by TheFreeOne: 4:42pm On May 13, 2016
CountDracula:

I had determined I wudnt get involved in dis issue but ure a very shallow person for wat u jus posted, I mean no insult, why wud I lie abt somthng dats so obvious? Is Nigeria not corrupt? Wat are u tryin to say? Dat if buhari had said Nigeria was transparent we wud av more investors? Is dat wat ure tryin to say? And u claim d problem is wit d politicians. If u keep thinkin dis way I don't knw who u wil bcom in future.

Corruption is a global menace but when a leader keeps 'badmouthing' his country at every available fora shows he doesn't understand diplomacy and governance.

FDI has shrunk since buhari came to power and you better check statistics to cure your ignorance.

As for the future I'll advise you better be concerned with yours cos winter is here except you are somewhere abroad spewing ignorance behind your keyboard.
Re: Transcript Of Buhari's Interview With Amanpour On CNN by Kenobus: 4:43pm On May 13, 2016
BushidoBlue:
I have one question, did Buhari meet the 14 local governments in the hands of insurgents in May 2015?

Historians please clear this matter.
Buhari is a big liar. GEJ flushed out all the Boko haram insurgents before the election in 2015. Though delayed but the Military pushed them away and election was held in all 774 local governments in Nigeria. These Apc/Buhari should stop liars.
Re: Transcript Of Buhari's Interview With Amanpour On CNN by MrPresident1: 4:45pm On May 13, 2016
dulux07:

Hope your kidding with your comment. If not always try to understand the context of a sentence. Nigeria is fantastically corrupt" does not mean all nigerians r corrupt. It simply means there is extremely high level of corruption going on in the country.

SMH for you bro, smh. That is your head, the symbol of your sovereignty, telling the whole world that you are a criminal, and you are trying to make semantics of a clear, direct and forceful statement.

Anyways, you are covered in my statement grin, you are an ostrich. wink
Re: Transcript Of Buhari's Interview With Amanpour On CNN by gbens2000(m): 4:45pm On May 13, 2016
Emade:

are u sure u not lying? since u see telling your generation lie as the solution, I believe your bible
tells u that telling lie will set u free. am crying for u already.
i seriously dont av an idea of wat u mean.am sorry can u expatiate more pls.
Re: Transcript Of Buhari's Interview With Amanpour On CNN by dulux07(m): 4:47pm On May 13, 2016
MrPresident1:

SMH for you bro, smh. That is your head, the symbol of your sovereignty, telling the whole world that you are a criminal, and you are trying to make semantics of a clear, direct and forceful statement.

Anyways, you are covered in my statement grin, you are an ostrich. wink
SMH. i blame the govt tho. For providing poor education.
Re: Transcript Of Buhari's Interview With Amanpour On CNN by greggng: 4:47pm On May 13, 2016
GreatEngineer:

I ve said this several times there no evidence that state money was used in sponsoring president buharis election. I don't want to dabble into wikes indictment of amaechi with a view to stopping him frm becoming a minister that political. No state governor has been able to accuse any of the former governors of setting aside a campaign fund. Untill we ve clear evidence, I stand by efcc on this matter. Central bank has evidence of the campaign fund and those that got it didnot deny. They even claimed that they did a good job by giving apc run for their money. I don't understand what you re saying. Do you support a ruling party using our common wealth for election while others borrow from friends and we'll wishers to fund there campaign? I think there should be a level playing ground.
Re: Transcript Of Buhari's Interview With Amanpour On CNN by ephi123(f): 4:47pm On May 13, 2016
ceejay80s:

Who's dirty linen?

Are u not a Christian?

No one is asking him to lie, but he should apply wisdom. The same way he went about declaring Nigerians are corrupt is what gave David Cameron the confidence to diss the whole country. As you are running down your country men, people are taking note and will treat you in the same way.
Re: Transcript Of Buhari's Interview With Amanpour On CNN by opius: 4:48pm On May 13, 2016
GambaOsaka:

So Buhari was the person that mandated Lai Mohammed to request for the loan? So if Rats eats someone's certificates, Buhari is responsible.
Moreso, this information just got out today, you expect the President to immediately talk to the press about it? Don't rush, we are still coming to that after necessary investigation.
The authenticity of the memo is not yet ascertained and we are waiting for full details in the coming days.
So don't shift focus from the topic of discussion. After all, you can't fault any of the President's answers to Amanpour's questions, can you?
Did people under your Hero's government sit down and share 2.1 billion dollars? Have they started vomiting the yams?

U bu munmun of highest level
Re: Transcript Of Buhari's Interview With Amanpour On CNN by ephi123(f): 4:48pm On May 13, 2016
tinsel:

Because Jonathan was involved?

I don't care whoever was involved. This is about national pride. How on earth will people respect Nigerians across the world when he keeps sharing all these details. Is it necessary?
Re: Transcript Of Buhari's Interview With Amanpour On CNN by jaybee3(m): 4:48pm On May 13, 2016
ceejay80s:

Who's dirty linen?

Are u not a Christian?

He didn't have to just say yes like a primary school student. He is a politician for crying out loud

He could have answered along the line of:
There are some systematic problems that have been woven into the fabrics of our country which we've been working tirelessly to correct by doing the following:
Asset recovery
bla bla bla
Re: Transcript Of Buhari's Interview With Amanpour On CNN by ephi123(f): 4:52pm On May 13, 2016
jaybee3:

He didn't have to just say yes like a primary school student. He is a politician for crying out loud

He could have answered along the line of:
There are some systematic problems that have been woven into the fabrics of our country which we've been working tirelessly to correct by doing the following:
Asset recovery
bla bla bla

Thank you. Or better still keep quiet. It is this same thing that is making the world treat us disdainfully with utter disrespect, when our leaders are just talking anyhow. The UK has its own skeletons in the cupboard but you won't see them declaring it for all and sundry. Haba. There is something called image and public perception. Buhari is worsening it with his utterances. I know he is a principled individual but his PR game for the country is not on point at all.
Re: Transcript Of Buhari's Interview With Amanpour On CNN by CountDracula(m): 4:55pm On May 13, 2016
TheFreeOne:

Corruption is a global menace but when a leader keeps 'badmouthing' his country at every available fora shows he doesn't understand diplomacy and governance.

FDI has shrunk since buhari came to power and you better check statistics to cure your ignorance.

As for the future I'll advise you better be concerned with yours cos winter is here except you are somewhere abroad spewing ignorance behind your keyboard.

Who is spewing ignorance, I won't go into online batter wit u, I'm too busy for dat, but dis isn't abt diplomacy, we need solutions not apologies, u said FDIs av reduced since buhari came, if dey don't want to invest den let dem go, all dose who av invested bfor did dey add value to u own life personally? Ure sitted dere lyin to urself because ure too proud to accept dat he did d right thing because of sentiment... I hope u get my point.

As for ur future dats ur problem to deal wit, I'm nt concerned abt urs. I was jus feelin sorry for u because dats wat humans do wen dey see people dat are not really usin their brains to think and hold on to lies because of stubborness, I stil wish u d best
Re: Transcript Of Buhari's Interview With Amanpour On CNN by MrPresident1: 4:58pm On May 13, 2016
dulux07:

SMH. i blame the govt tho. For providing poor education.

Lemme tell you something, I am in the mood for a little lecture. As a representative of a nation, much more the sovereign symbol of that nation, you do not, you must not accept any poor labels for your country, you must deny it vehemently, you are an ambassador.

Yorubas say inu ile eni ni a ti nje ekute onidodo , roughly meaning you do not wash your dirty linen in public. It is elementary diplomacy and international relations.

Abi you think oyinbo are not corrupt? Oyinbo are the grandmasters of corruption, yet you nor go hear am for them mouth. Abi can Obama say Americans are all 'fantastically corrupt' people in an interview with Amanpour?
Re: Transcript Of Buhari's Interview With Amanpour On CNN by Nobody: 4:59pm On May 13, 2016
MrPresident1:
Our president says we are all 'fantastically corrupt' grin

Our number one image maker, the symbol of our nationhood and sovereignty says we are all criminals shocked

Maybe una nor hear am well well make I talk am for Yoruba, O so wipe criminal ni gbogbo wa shocked grin

Nigeria has ended, if you like keep burying your head in the sand and living in denial like an ostrich.

Israel, we are going home cheesy, our God has redeemed us, and the days of the fulfillment of His promises are here grin

God has won.

Jeremiah 30:3
For, lo, the days come, saith the LORD, that I will bring again the captivity of my people Israel and Judah, saith the LORD: and I will cause them to return to the land that I gave to their fathers, and they shall possess it.

Jeremiah 33:14-16
Behold, the days come, saith the LORD, that I will perform that good thing which I have promised unto the house of Israel and to the house of Judah. 15 In those days, and at that time, will I cause the Branch of righteousness to grow up unto David; and he shall execute judgment and righteousness in the land. 16 In those days shall Judah be saved, and Jerusalem shall dwell safely: and this [is the name] wherewith she shall be called, The LORD our righteousness.

hmmmm, what less can you expect from Christianity? wailing with bible verses.

end time
Re: Transcript Of Buhari's Interview With Amanpour On CNN by GambaOsaka: 4:59pm On May 13, 2016
opius:

U bu munmun of highest level

What's the justification for your abuse? I didn't abuse you in my response to your comment nah.
Instead of engaging me in a constructive argument, the first thing is ... you calling me mun mun; you can't even spell simple 'mumu'.
Obviously you are a kid not meant for political discussions, oya run on to the Kiddies section,.... or maybe go play playstation,... or argue Davido and wizkid's haircut..
This section is not really for your kind.
Re: Transcript Of Buhari's Interview With Amanpour On CNN by MrPresident1: 5:00pm On May 13, 2016
difakozigi:

hmmmm, what less can you expect from Christianity? wailing with bible verses.

end time

Touche! cool

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Police Invade Seun Kuti's House, Seize Wife’s Phone - Sowore / Photos: INEC Official Caught With Thumb-Printed Ballot Papers In Ajeromi / "Bola Tinubu Is A Drog Lord; If He Is On Fire, I Will Not Urinate On Him" - Reno

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 71
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.