Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,168,867 members, 7,872,878 topics. Date: Thursday, 27 June 2024 at 01:34 AM

Transcript Of Buhari's Interview With Amanpour On CNN - Politics (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Transcript Of Buhari's Interview With Amanpour On CNN (38972 Views)

Demola Fashola Meets Christiane Amanpour Of CNN / Buhari's Interview With Osasu Show: Speaks On Aso Rock Cabal & Daura (Video) / Aisha Buhari's Interview With BBC Hausa (Full Text) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Transcript Of Buhari's Interview With Amanpour On CNN by erico2k2(m): 6:59pm On May 13, 2016
aimuan:
I don't know if I should call this buhari man a fool,can u imagine what a president went to tell the whole world about his country.
He is even polite here, few weeks ago did he not label us in London as fraudulent

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Transcript Of Buhari's Interview With Amanpour On CNN by nextstep(m): 7:02pm On May 13, 2016
MrPresident1:

Lemme tell you something, I am in the mood for a little lecture. As a representative of a nation, much more the sovereign symbol of that nation, you do not, you must not accept any poor labels for your country, you must deny it vehemently, you are an ambassador.

Yorubas say inu ile eni ni a ti nje ekute onidodo , roughly meaning you do not wash your dirty linen in public. It is elementary diplomacy and international relations.

Abi you think oyinbo are not corrupt? Oyinbo are the grandmasters of corruption, yet you nor go hear am for them mouth. Abi can Obama say Americans are all 'fantastically corrupt' people in an interview with Amanpour?

Abeg. So what if Oyinbos are corrupt? How does that help me when my leaders are stealing and sharing 2.1billion? I'm tired of defending Nigeria: we are a country hampered by an elite and by the common man who are disloyal to it. How can I defend the fancy mansions built by government officials in other countries; or their jets; or the fact that I don't have regular light; or the fact that I still have to queue for fuel in 2016, in an oil producing country. angry

We want to create a great country, yet we elect rubbish polithiefcians; we want to be like developed countries, yet we don't support our manufacturers; we want clean streets, yet we litter; we want an organized society, yet we jump queue; we want good roads, yet we evade taxes; we want safe communities, yet we spend all our money on our selfish selves; we want quality work, but we are the shoddiest workers on the planet.

Then when people tell us what utter crap our country is, we get super defensive. What we should do is shut up, and get hard at work to improve our country, instead of complaining that people call us names.

As they say, "the first step towards recovering from alcoholism is admitting you're an alcoholic". I commend our President for owning up to the label; we should stop pretending that we're not a fantastically corrupt nation. If we want change, we have to all realize that we can't change just by protesting what we read or hear in the news; we have to be willing to be that "man in the mirror" and make that change within each and everyone of us.

3 Likes

Re: Transcript Of Buhari's Interview With Amanpour On CNN by hopara1(m): 7:06pm On May 13, 2016
Pls did the president really understand when he was asked about the money for fight against boko haram,That he said yes!hmmm.
Re: Transcript Of Buhari's Interview With Amanpour On CNN by Voy(m): 7:08pm On May 13, 2016
There's no point to ? Raise hope...

Stupi.d f**k
I wish u death
Re: Transcript Of Buhari's Interview With Amanpour On CNN by nextstep(m): 7:10pm On May 13, 2016
erico2k2:

He is even polite here, few weeks ago did he not label us in London as fraudulent

Was he wrong?

We like to protest that we have a few good apples and saints among us, but seriously, most of us (and I'm including myself), have not been entirely straightforward in all our dealings. Even trying to get a government contract, I have to do the usual contract inflation and gift money to a series of officials if I want that contract.
Re: Transcript Of Buhari's Interview With Amanpour On CNN by tottinova: 7:10pm On May 13, 2016
BushidoBlue:
[s][/s](BEGIN VIDEOTAPE)

http://edition.cnn.com/TRANSCRIPTS/1605/12/ampr.01.html

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=20hkr7UYgM8

So I just watched this video now, and it made me love my president the more.
There's no need denying the truth.
I voted the best man. Although I know he might not spend 8years in office, I pray God makes his four years to bring forth good change.

Sai buhari
Sai baba

1 Like

Re: Transcript Of Buhari's Interview With Amanpour On CNN by lomprico(m): 7:18pm On May 13, 2016
Atin him don use im mouth talk am now. If na cameron talk am dem go dey vex.
Re: Transcript Of Buhari's Interview With Amanpour On CNN by hmuhammad(m): 7:22pm On May 13, 2016
BushidoBlue:
I have one question, did Buhari meet the 14 local governments in the hands of insurgents in May 2015?

Historians please clear this matter.
ogbeni, I reside in borno state. 14 LGA were under the control of insurgents when buhari assumed office, but as I am typing this, none is under their control

1 Like

Re: Transcript Of Buhari's Interview With Amanpour On CNN by hmuhammad(m): 7:28pm On May 13, 2016
nextstep:

Abeg. So what if Oyinbos are corrupt? How does that help me when my leaders are stealing and sharing 2.1billion? I'm tired of defending Nigeria: we are a country hampered by an elite and by the common man who are disloyal to it. How can I defend the fancy mansions built by government officials in other countries; or their jets; or the fact that I don't have regular light; or the fact that I still have to queue for fuel in 2016, in an oil producing country. angry

We want to create a great country, yet we elect rubbish polithiefcians; we want to be like developed countries, yet we don't support our manufacturers; we want clean streets, yet we litter; we want an organized society, yet we jump queue; we want good roads, yet we evade taxes; we want safe communities, yet we spend all our money on our selfish selves; we want quality work, but we are the shoddiest workers on the planet.

Then when people tell us what utter crap our country is, we get super defensive. What we should do is shut up, and get hard at work to improve our country, instead of complaining that people call us names.

As they say, "the first step towards recovering from alcoholism is admitting you're an alcoholic". I commend our President for owning up to the label; we should stop pretending that we're not a fantastically corrupt nation. If we want change, we have to all realize that we can't change just by protesting what we read or hear in the news; we have to be willing to be that "man in the mirror" and make that change within each and everyone of us.
10000 likes
Re: Transcript Of Buhari's Interview With Amanpour On CNN by AlanSugar(m): 7:36pm On May 13, 2016
TheFreeOne:

Are you still surprised at Buhari's utterances

Imagine this

Are people still being killed enmasse? Or is he claiming such still happens without public knowledge

I am not his fan but Buhari handlers are doing a very bad job in the area of public speaking/interviews and diplomacy.

it appears you don't live in Nigeria, otherwise you'd be aware that Boko Haram are now wearing the faces of herdsmen and are going about killing people en masse! I really don't know what wailers want from this man?
Re: Transcript Of Buhari's Interview With Amanpour On CNN by dulux07(m): 7:36pm On May 13, 2016
styca:

Bros you are just speaking grammar. What that statement has done to us as Nigerians is, foreigners will be looking at us from that corruption lens. No matter how incorruptible you are,the first thought that pops into their mind when they learn you're nigerian is corruption. PMB has just reaffirmed that stereotype with his response.
Lol. R u serious Na today, is this d first time Nigeria has been tagged a corrupt nation publicly undecided
The world already knows nigeria is a corrupt nation. Its stale gist. Its the truth, the sooner we admit it, face it and tackle it, the better for this nation and for us.
Re: Transcript Of Buhari's Interview With Amanpour On CNN by AlanSugar(m): 7:40pm On May 13, 2016
TheFreeOne:
And we expect there'll be serious FDIs

And what is the meaning of this post, you'll be happy if he told the sort of lies the president of Panama claimed just to cover his crooks? the question is, is Nigeria corrupt, yes or no?!
Re: Transcript Of Buhari's Interview With Amanpour On CNN by kpolli(m): 8:07pm On May 13, 2016
How a President can come on international TV and make a claim that $2.1 Billion was stolen beats me when the courts have not judged such a case.

If it is found out to be false, what will the rest of the world say? And some people will say this is President well representing the nation.
Re: Transcript Of Buhari's Interview With Amanpour On CNN by kareemkamil(m): 8:57pm On May 13, 2016
Well, we thank God 4 Buhari Government. Plz let work wit Buhari to FANTASTICALLY send this people who are making life miserable to the youth of the country to jail.
Re: Transcript Of Buhari's Interview With Amanpour On CNN by AfroKnight: 8:58pm On May 13, 2016
Honesty, simple. I respect you Baba.

Before asking, Amanpour already knew the answers. If he hid or glossed over the truth, she would expose it and that would be an embarrassment.

Most Nigerians are irredeemably corrupt. Those in position want to be "settled" and contractors have to "settle" to be favoured.

. Police would look the other way as long as they are "settled".

. Lecturers pass students who "settle" with cash or sex.

. Even in the NYSC programme people settle to get posted to desired states and local governments.

. UME and SSCE centres are havens for settlement.

. To collect your Passport, you must settle or wait for weeks for something you can get in hours.

. First time travellers at the international airports must settle immigration officers or miss their flights.

. At the fuel depots (Apapa) small time petrol distributors must "settle" or wait forever before they would be allowed to load fuel.

There are embassies in our country. They know how we run things here. Would they not inform their various governments about the culture of corruption in Nigeria?

This is not about marketing the image of the Nation. The image is already cast in iron. How can anyone change without recognizing his inadequacy. How would you improve if you keep denying?

Corruption is a part of our modern culture. If you dent this, you are not fooling the world. You are fooling yourself.
Re: Transcript Of Buhari's Interview With Amanpour On CNN by eLcastro(m): 9:11pm On May 13, 2016
It baffles me how corrupt Nigeria really is.,that we can even go buyin interviews on global scale nw...85percent of this interview are things/fact we alrdy dealin with..everybody around the world know...was acceptin questions frm the uk statement obviously.,den talks bouh the new herdsmen..questions bouh the jus signed budget...fuel subsidy...this new unrest comin back to ND..then maybe cus of the failure of election practice so far and the upcoming edo and ondo election.,hw is the idiot tryin to fix election matters...nt bh nd $2.1billion scandal we all alrdy knw..#thrash interview...let "champagneThaGod" interview him.,he will piss on himsef
Re: Transcript Of Buhari's Interview With Amanpour On CNN by Nobody: 9:16pm On May 13, 2016
devonpaul:

This is not I'll, this is speaking d truth which majority of Nigerians don't like to hear. Oh! U think the world will think otherwise even if he said nigeria is not corrupt? When GEJ said Terrorism is a global security problem and it's just Nigeria's turn, we all know how it turned for us today. I know GEJ was trying to cover up d nation lapses but nowadays, You have to say it the way it is especially when it's too obvious.. I bet if I ask you if an average Nigeria police officer is corrupt, I'd say NO cos u have to cover it up and not castigate Nigerian Police but will it stop the 50naira they collect from kidnappers on d highway? No way
Believe it or not, there are worst countries than Nigeria in terms of corruption and you haven't seen their president talk ill about them. Venezuela, Panama, these are way worse than Nigeria, it is time Buhari stopped the blame game and get focused on how to move Nigeria forward. He is always trying so hard to appeal to the international community as a saint and no one gives a fly about that. He should stop disgracing Nigeria, Nigerians and learn how to make diplomatic statements. To me, that's utterly disgusting and embarrassing cool cool.
Re: Transcript Of Buhari's Interview With Amanpour On CNN by GreatEngineer(m): 9:35pm On May 13, 2016
NOETHNICITY:
We depend on the state gov to help us with the revelations! We APC supporters will not call itt witchhunting

You call yourself APC supporter right, that means you will never support the view that state fund was use for APC campaign so let's draw the curtain here.

thanks
Re: Transcript Of Buhari's Interview With Amanpour On CNN by AnanseK(m): 9:40pm On May 13, 2016
According to Jonathan....

Re: Transcript Of Buhari's Interview With Amanpour On CNN by GreatEngineer(m): 9:41pm On May 13, 2016
greggng:

I ve said this several times there no evidence that state money was used in sponsoring president buharis election. I don't want to dabble into wikes indictment of amaechi with a view to stopping him frm becoming a minister that political. No state governor has been able to accuse any of the former governors of setting aside a campaign fund. Untill we ve clear evidence, I stand by efcc on this matter. Central bank has evidence of the campaign fund and those that got it didnot deny. They even claimed that they did a good job by giving apc run for their money. I don't understand what you re saying. Do you support a ruling party using our common wealth for election while others borrow from friends and we'll wishers to fund there campaign? I think there should be a level playing ground.

@gregggng, truth is very difficult to swallow/assimilate, am neither for PDP or APC but lets the corruption fight be general and I will support it. I still insist that state fund was used to sponsor APC campaign just like it was done in PDP.
Re: Transcript Of Buhari's Interview With Amanpour On CNN by Aristo3146(m): 9:48pm On May 13, 2016
aimuan:
well,I m not a wailer.despite bn a Niger deltan I openly supported buhari during Last election.so the truth should only be told outside Nigeria?what happened to the common saying,"never wash ur dirty linen outside"?no matter how strong ur love for buhari is,u should sometime tell him the truth .buhari non try abeg.
You have a point there...

1 Like

Re: Transcript Of Buhari's Interview With Amanpour On CNN by NOETHNICITY(m): 9:58pm On May 13, 2016
GreatEngineer:

You call yourself APC supporter right, that means you will never support the view that state fund was use for APC campaign so let's draw the curtain here.

thanks
God sees my heart! Let pple like Wike provide evidence and see if we will not call for the head of Ameachi!
Re: Transcript Of Buhari's Interview With Amanpour On CNN by Nobody: 9:59pm On May 13, 2016
Goddex:
[size=13pt]This Amanpour is becoming boring and fading fast with her follow-up questions sounding more like NTA

She should go take refresher course on interview tips from those Aljazeera guys
[/size]
My Dear,
I watched that interview live and to be Candid, I couldn't understand more than 70 percent of PMB's comments because of his horrible accent.
From this transcript you'd notice that there is this recurrent pattern of repeating a part of his(PMB's) statement after each response. for me. that was when I understood each thing he said during the interview.
I'm still astonished how Amampour pulled that up successful. the reason she could do that, I owe to her depth of experience interviewing people from different land and climes over year.
She too much abeg
The other Aljazeera lady, if you saw her, had this mulato(mixed-breed) look. maybe she has Afro-western descent or had African stay or something. Remember at a point PMB told her. ''I'm amazed at what you know. You seem to know about these protests more than I do''

1 Like

Re: Transcript Of Buhari's Interview With Amanpour On CNN by MrPresident1: 10:02pm On May 13, 2016
nextstep:

Ehn, if everybody agrees that Nigerians are all criminals and fantastically corrupt, it means it is now time for God's judgment to fall on the country. And Buhari is the fore runner of that judgment.
Re: Transcript Of Buhari's Interview With Amanpour On CNN by free13: 10:10pm On May 13, 2016
Once a dul.lard always a dul.lard.
Re: Transcript Of Buhari's Interview With Amanpour On CNN by Sigo86(m): 10:31pm On May 13, 2016
MrPresident1:
Our president says we are all 'fantastically corrupt' grin

Our number one image maker, the symbol of our nationhood and sovereignty says we are all criminals shocked

Maybe una nor hear am well well make I talk am for Yoruba, O so wipe criminal ni gbogbo wa shocked grin

Nigeria has ended, if you like keep burying your head in the sand and living in denial like an ostrich.

Israel, we are going home cheesy, our God has redeemed us, and the days of the fulfillment of His promises are here grin

God has won.

Jeremiah 30:3
For, lo, the days come, saith the LORD, that I will bring again the captivity of my people Israel and Judah, saith the LORD: and I will cause them to return to the land that I gave to their fathers, and they shall possess it.

Jeremiah 33:14-16
Behold, the days come, saith the LORD, that I will perform that good thing which I have promised unto the house of Israel and to the house of Judah. 15 In those days, and at that time, will I cause the Branch of righteousness to grow up unto David; and he shall execute judgment and righteousness in the land. 16 In those days shall Judah be saved, and Jerusalem shall dwell safely: and this [is the name] wherewith she shall be called, The LORD our righteousness.

Must u drag religious nd spiritual things 2dis
Re: Transcript Of Buhari's Interview With Amanpour On CNN by MrPresident1: 10:34pm On May 13, 2016
Sigo86:

Must u drag religious nd spiritual things 2dis

Religious no, spiritual yes. The spiritual controls the physical, ifva problem is not tackled from source, it can never be solved.
Re: Transcript Of Buhari's Interview With Amanpour On CNN by JohnnieZM(m): 11:00pm On May 13, 2016
kastroud:
And a few instances where $2.1 billion --
AMANPOUR: Billion?
BUHARI: -- billion, not million, dollars were voted
for military hard and software for the operations
against Boko Haram. Those responsible sat done
as if they were going to have lunch or dinner and
shared it and put it in their accounts.

It be like say na last supper GEJ(jesus) broke the bread and was like dansuki take and share it

Oh my God u guy be comedian...Laff wan throw off my chair! Thank God na last supper of Naija money they chop! Ole people, theives, barawos...
Wailers wail and morn for Buhari is coming for u!!!
Re: Transcript Of Buhari's Interview With Amanpour On CNN by Eastcoast33(m): 11:15pm On May 13, 2016
amaechi1:

Since you not his fan, you possibly see anything good from his speech. But try to deal with your hatred.
Ode! e no dey hard una to shout hatered! please tell me how the guy's post on PMB unconsciously revealing that Bokoharam are still killing people en masse? please tell me how that amounts to hatred!
Re: Transcript Of Buhari's Interview With Amanpour On CNN by nortcentrallord(m): 11:16pm On May 13, 2016
Sounds more like interviewing a primary school student where you have to go as low as interpreting and speaking for the kid and all he has to do is node a yes or No.

1 Like

Re: Transcript Of Buhari's Interview With Amanpour On CNN by delexy123: 11:56pm On May 13, 2016
hotwax:

Seriously because they made that Video in Aso rock.

The video editor while editing the video will call Buhari, Oya come and view it before we release it.

There is something fundamentally wrong with thiis country.
Then u don't know the power of d President. most of what media feed us have gone through president desk and given go ahead by d president. keep deceiving yourself.
Re: Transcript Of Buhari's Interview With Amanpour On CNN by remexy(f): 7:26am On May 14, 2016
TheFreeOne:

Are you still surprised at Buhari's utterances

Imagine this

Are people still being killed enmasse? Or is he claiming such still happens without public knowledge

I am not his fan but Buhari handlers are doing a very bad job in the area of public speaking/interviews and diplomacy.
yes people are stl being killed en masse. The media is just better controlled.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

How I Warned Jonathan Of Northern Conspiracy That Led To His Defeat – David Mark / Governor El-Rufai Carries His Children On His Back / Olisa Metuh Falls Off Chair; Rushed To ICU

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 66
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.