Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,179,133 members, 7,907,108 topics. Date: Thursday, 01 August 2024 at 12:11 AM

Pete Edochie Kidnapped - Celebrities (10) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / Pete Edochie Kidnapped (29256 Views)

Ebube Nwagbo Is Doing This To Pete Edochie (photo) / Linc Vs Yul, Who Resembles Pete Edochie More? / Cossy Orjiakor Meets Pete Edochie (photo). (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Pete Edochie Kidnapped by THEAMAKA(f): 4:20am On Aug 18, 2009
i know that.
but i was cursing that you said those armed robbers/kidnappers should come to imo state.
lol

but i know they are EVERYWHERE in Nigeria.

since 419 is gaining world wide attention its not bringing in enough business.
for the past year its the best new thing to be kidnapping and getting ransom.

its sad that these people have to turn violence as the answer.  sad

before you could do 419 and almost 98% of the time, get away with it.
with this new profession and rise in kidnapping they have more a chance of being caught, getting shot and/or set on fire, and not getting to enjoy the money at all.
kind of a pointless job. . .
Re: Pete Edochie Kidnapped by otokx(m): 4:58am On Aug 18, 2009
Kidnapping is a very lucrative business in Nigeria, most of it goes unreported and its widespread in Port Harcourt where rich people are kidnapped especially oil company workers. Ransoms are almost always paid ranging from 3 million to 10 million. When mistakenly a poor man is kidnapped he is released without any harm. 419 kwa too is on the increase and the new storyline is "forex"
Re: Pete Edochie Kidnapped by THEAMAKA(f): 5:02am On Aug 18, 2009
419 may be on the increase but since people are becoming more aware of it thanks to youtube and other news stations across the world, airing specials on 419, i know the amount of people getting scammed has reduced.
so kidnapping has become the latest craze

NA WA FOR NAIJA OO!! GOD PLEASE HELP THIS COUNTRY!!!!!!! PLEASE DELIVER MY PEOPLE!!!!!!
Re: Pete Edochie Kidnapped by Nobody: 6:11am On Aug 18, 2009
I learnt the buddie had to crack up some splendid proverbial phrases too which fostered his less release, one of them i had was ~
"The hunter that overlooks the strength of a ChiCKEn's feather will soon loose its grip'

i cant help but just laugh. grin grin
Re: Pete Edochie Kidnapped by cheatmaker: 6:15am On Aug 18, 2009
lol
Re: Pete Edochie Kidnapped by aieromon(m): 7:55am On Aug 18, 2009
N10 million paid
Pete Edochie released
Yay!
Re: Pete Edochie Kidnapped by ceecee(m): 8:57am On Aug 18, 2009
Isn't it time the architects of this 'project' called NIGERIA realize that this project has failed or should we still believe that Nigeria is not a PROJECT but an EXPERIMENT?
Re: Pete Edochie Kidnapped by Irenelove1(f): 9:38am On Aug 18, 2009
You can call it an experiment if you wish so, but remember that most good things we enjoy today came from experimentation. Nigeria will never fail, we'll make it as one nation. Nigeria is a great nation and we are good people.
Re: Pete Edochie Kidnapped by biggozz(m): 9:46am On Aug 18, 2009
N10 million ransom and release, please source!!!!?
Re: Pete Edochie Kidnapped by darkgoddes(f): 11:42am On Aug 18, 2009
aieromon:

N10 million paid
Pete Edochie released
Yay!
Re: Pete Edochie Kidnapped by Wellas14(m): 2:05pm On Aug 18, 2009
i am glad the man came out hail and hearty but who paid the N10m. I was told from a reliable source that he was released without the said ransom.
Re: Pete Edochie Kidnapped by Bulldog(m): 3:02pm On Aug 18, 2009
oh no, but why[color=#006600][/color][font=Lucida Sans Unicode][/font][i][/i] cry
Re: Pete Edochie Kidnapped by chic2pimp(m): 3:50pm On Aug 18, 2009
Bulldog:

oh no, but why[color=#006600][/color][font=Lucida Sans Unicode][/font][i][/i] cry
Do u mean oh no why was he released or oh no why did they pay the ransom?
Re: Pete Edochie Kidnapped by queen01(f): 4:02pm On Aug 18, 2009
The country i really love "Nigeria" too bad, seems it is no longer safe for one to visit Nigeria. sad
Re: Pete Edochie Kidnapped by archangel1(m): 4:07pm On Aug 18, 2009
they have released the poor man!
source: http://www.thisisnaijastory..com
Re: Pete Edochie Kidnapped by Nobody: 5:19pm On Aug 18, 2009
He paid a ransom of N50 million according to press release this morning.
Re: Pete Edochie Kidnapped by GeorgeD1(m): 6:58pm On Aug 18, 2009
whether it is 10m or 50m, as long as money exchanged hands, i sense a lot of danger here as
this will now set the ball rolling for other actors/actresses to be kidnapped knowing they will
surely pay as edochie paid up. who knows? it might be ini edo next! grin
Re: Pete Edochie Kidnapped by THEAMAKA(f): 6:59pm On Aug 18, 2009
George_D:

whether it is 10m or 50m, as long as money exchanged hands, i sense a lot of danger here as
this will now set the ball rolling for other actors/actresses to be kidnapped knowing they will
surely pay as edochie paid up. who knows? it might be ini edo next! grin
GOD FORBID ANYONE ELSE!
are you mad?

tufiakwa! dont say Ini Edo.
im not the biggest fan but i wouldnt say that.
Re: Pete Edochie Kidnapped by slimJesus: 7:01pm On Aug 18, 2009
ah nija , you are too much . na wa ooooo, so no safety at all in that country ,
Re: Pete Edochie Kidnapped by Nobody: 7:17pm On Aug 18, 2009
and why can't i just stop laughing at this posts . . . !!

A man who defies the weight and firmness of an "iroko" tree will live to wander around the bush like a hunter who has lost his way.
A woman who looks at a hill like a valley will continue to menstruate at 90 Grin

When a cockroach has so much money it runs and gallivants like its bigger than a cow. A monster that walks to the site of humans will never see the light of the day but impose darkness on the human race.

A child who says his dad can't cook well, will live to hear the story how his mother left to marry another man Grin

lwkmd!.
Re: Pete Edochie Kidnapped by snowdrops(m): 10:22pm On Aug 18, 2009
Kidnapping wont stop until we get there is massive change of those at the helm of affairs. Infact its going to get worse; more people will be kidnapped and more ransomes paid; musicians, actors/actresses, footballers past and present, etc. It will get really bad before it gets better. And that will be after the military coup before 2011; mark my words.
Re: Pete Edochie Kidnapped by GeorgeD1(m): 10:45pm On Aug 18, 2009
THE AMAKA:

GOD FORBID ANYONE ELSE!
are you mad?

tufiakwa! dont say Ini Edo.
im not the biggest fan but i wouldnt say that.

no need for the expletives. i'm not wishing ill for ini edo or anybody else for that matter. i was
only stating the obvious fact going by what the unfolding scenario portends.

once a precedent is set, it goes without saying that copy-cats will like to re-enact whatever
it is that is yielding a profit. it was a mistake paying that ransom in the first place as it will only
embolden them to do worse.
Re: Pete Edochie Kidnapped by lindabon: 11:51pm On Aug 18, 2009
snowdrops:

Kidnapping wont stop until we get there is massive change of those at the helm of affairs. Infact its going to get worse; more people will be kidnapped and more ransomes paid; musicians, actors/actresses, footballers past and present, etc. It will get really bad before it gets better. And that will be after the military coup before 2011; mark my words.

swt, ur really scaring the hell outta me wit dis blunt details,  ,  ,   cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry

grin
Re: Pete Edochie Kidnapped by lindabon: 12:20am On Aug 19, 2009
@post
i hate to say i hate this country, buh, , I h**e this country. nutin wrkz, nigeria suld make us proud 4heavnz sake. wat is d matter sef.such a lovely and adorable country bt yet surrounded by mentally deranged individuals called rulers. God i jst pray dy all die a painful death 4all d evil dy hv don, and all d deaths dt dy hv caused. its really appalling,truely . . .
Re: Pete Edochie Kidnapped by Rhea(f): 7:51am On Aug 19, 2009
"Edochie said his kidnappers told him they were not happy at the situation in the country. He said they told him that they were into the criminal act because they wanted to get their own share of the wealth being displayed by politicians. He said the kidnappers stated that although people were repulsed by the act of seizing people, there was nothing else they could do."

http://www.thisdayonline.com/nview.php?id=152044

I really think that this is pathetic. If kidnapping is a protest against politicians, does this make Pete Edochie a politician?
Re: Pete Edochie Kidnapped by THEAMAKA(f): 7:57am On Aug 19, 2009
Rhea:

"Edochie said his kidnappers told him they were not happy at the situation in the country. He said they told him that they were into the criminal act because they wanted to get their own share of the wealth being displayed by politicians. He said the kidnappers stated that although people were repulsed by the act of seizing people, there was nothing else they could do."

http://www.thisdayonline.com/nview.php?id=152044

I really think that this is pathetic. If kidnapping is a protest against politicians, does this make Pete Edochie a politician?
he is the chairman of the rebranding nigeria act.
he has involved himself in politics.
he should have just stayed away from politics and went back to saying proverbs in movies. lol
Re: Pete Edochie Kidnapped by figgz: 8:43am On Aug 19, 2009
What is d situation report of Pete Edochie's kidnap now,is he still under hostage or released?
Re: Pete Edochie Kidnapped by THEAMAKA(f): 8:45am On Aug 19, 2009
figgz:

What is d situation report of Pete Edochie's kidnap now,is he still under hostage or released?
you are so late! he has long since been released since yesterday on a 10million naira ransom.
there is another thread where he talks about what happened while he was being kidnapped.
Re: Pete Edochie Kidnapped by chrisical(m): 10:28am On Aug 19, 2009
Thank God he has been released.But was his kidknap politically motivated?
Re: Pete Edochie Kidnapped by THEAMAKA(f): 10:30am On Aug 19, 2009
chrisical:

Thank God he has been released.But was his kidknap politically motivated?
yes.
Re: Pete Edochie Kidnapped by Nobody: 2:14pm On Aug 19, 2009
Kidnapped? shocked shocked for what?
Re: Pete Edochie Kidnapped by GeorgeD1(m): 4:04pm On Aug 19, 2009
those boys are obviously misguided. edochie is not a politician of course!

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (Reply)

[PHOTOS] Top Five Nollywood Movie Directors - Who Is Your Best So Far? / There Is A Curse On The Adeleke Family - Kemi Olunloyo Delivers More Prophecies / Divine Okojie 1st Birthday: Mercy Johnson & Husband Celebrate Daughter (Video)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 34
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.