Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,168,987 members, 7,873,180 topics. Date: Thursday, 27 June 2024 at 09:16 AM

CNN's Amanpour Talks About Her Interview With Buhari - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / CNN's Amanpour Talks About Her Interview With Buhari (38074 Views)

Demola Fashola Meets Christiane Amanpour Of CNN / Transcript Of Buhari's Interview With Amanpour On CNN / Christiane Amanpour Interviews Muhammadu Buhari @ 7pm On CNN (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: CNN's Amanpour Talks About Her Interview With Buhari by rozayx5(m): 7:08am On May 16, 2016
Eboski:
May your life be rule the way PMB is ruling this country......
stop insulting someone old enough to be your grandfather..
GEJ is no longer in power and the change your voted is before your eyes with 145 a liter of PMS,
Do you know how much is bag of rice now?

his mother is still feeding him and most of the zombies here are getting pocket money, so they are not feeling the chain undecided
Re: CNN's Amanpour Talks About Her Interview With Buhari by Babacele: 7:19am On May 16, 2016
omenka:
Make mods catch you first. cheesy

@post: I love her emphasis on his honesty and that is what most of us know is Baba's greatest selling point- world businessmen and press like that in a leader, PDP abhors it and calls it demarketing.
.....hence we voted PDP out and it Will never come back despite the recent displays of the last throes of its demise that uninformed folks mistaken for revival.
Re: CNN's Amanpour Talks About Her Interview With Buhari by wisov(m): 7:43am On May 16, 2016
U are lying! It was in 2015 we had d baga masscre under gej,monguno,baga were under BH! Plus dev bn hardship since military took ova but became better in obj tym,gej problem was satisfying everybody bcus of fear! Whc led to excessive looting! And now d oil price is down and no savings or refinery was built! Wat do u expect from buhari 1yr in office! To stop russia from selling crude or force USA to buy more crude? Let's give pmb tym! As for fuel price, I don't think I nid to do further explanations on dat, every wise nigerian without hate for dis govt supports deregulation and subsidy removal
Pavarottii:

Abeg no make me vex here oooo. Because of a video reported by a person who won't determine any fate of Nigeria. U r typing dis rubbish. U know the suffer wey dey dis country. My brother leave all dis video and face reality, buhari is running d economy of Nigeria aground, d same thing he did in 1985.

Talking of Ghost workers. Was it not systems that GEJ put on ground that found dem?(bVN).
Okay after finding dem,why can't they replace the 23,000 workers wiv real workers, thereby employing more people.

Tell me one local govt that was under BH wen GEJ passed on to buhari in May29th 2015.

My friend don't support mediocrity.

Nigeria is worse off since buhari became president.

4 Likes

Re: CNN's Amanpour Talks About Her Interview With Buhari by abumeinben(m): 7:44am On May 16, 2016
I sincerely don't understand why buhari is being lauded for accepting Cameron's claim. Who isn't corrupt? The country looting to UK Banks or the UK Banks which are gladly accepting the loots from other countries?

For me Buhari goofed.

If someone, four streets away from yours, tells the local govt of your neighborhood that your family members are all thieves and were brought up that way, and your are the father, what would be your reaction?

We all know this rule but seem to render it inapplicable... "Defend in the public, condemn in the closet"

2 Likes

Re: CNN's Amanpour Talks About Her Interview With Buhari by tooman: 8:10am On May 16, 2016
searchiing4love:
May God Punish GEJ for dragging this nation in the mud with his excessive looting and foolishness. May Buhari live long cool
Haba.
Re: CNN's Amanpour Talks About Her Interview With Buhari by Babacele: 8:11am On May 16, 2016
onatisi:
How can any sensible normal thinking Nigerian be celebrating the comments by a foreign journalist about the president of a country that has plunged his country into serious economic problems due to his sluggishness and ineffectiveness. Does amanpour live in Nigeria?does she have any interest in Nigeria? This is simply a PR job and dumb stupidd nigerians who will sleep in darkness throughout this year,who will most likely be sacked soon from their jobs soon , who will be buying fuel at an exorbitant price of 145 for a liter and whose currency is fast becoming absolutely totally useless are praising this woman comments
PDP by its fiscal indiscipline and empty / insincere economy models plunged this country into the mess PMB is busy beautifully managing. ain't that why we Nigerians voted PDP out ,so that Dr PMB can come and treat us? all our money wey una steal the effect of wetin dey affect d economy presently ehn;we go collect patapata ; send those jailables to jail, and put the money back into the economy. if you think say na lie ehn maybe u need to check with FFK, Dasuki,Metuh, Fidelity,Access etc

2 Likes

Re: CNN's Amanpour Talks About Her Interview With Buhari by OZAOEKPE(f): 8:11am On May 16, 2016
lipsrsealed undecided
Re: CNN's Amanpour Talks About Her Interview With Buhari by EliteQueen(f): 8:13am On May 16, 2016
tbaba1234:

You mean the LGA that were lost in the first place. For about a year, Boko Haram held large parts of Nigeria under GEJ. Even after GEJ left, there were still LGA held by BH and maiduguri was far from safe.

Security has improved drastically since Buhari took over. All you have to do is speak to a resident of maiduguri, I have.

AS regards, Nigeria getting 'worse' ... As at December 2014, we were already borrowing to pay salaries and oil price was crashing. It is not Buhari's fault that we are a mono economy.

He has presented his first budget, I will like to hear your opinion this time next year.
he is just calling his boys to order. He is their sponsor. He just use boko haram to disorganise Jonathan's government period

1 Like

Re: CNN's Amanpour Talks About Her Interview With Buhari by Nobody: 8:16am On May 16, 2016
searchiing4love:
May God Punish GEJ for dragging this nation in the mud with his excessive looting and foolishness. May Buhari live long cool

Zombies spotted
Re: CNN's Amanpour Talks About Her Interview With Buhari by Babacele: 8:17am On May 16, 2016
freeze001:
I keep harping on the over reliance and trust in a person. It never fails to fail! I see no reason why Buhari's infamous frankness and honesty is all it takes for some to sleep with the assurance that he will right all wrongs.

Beyond a person's attitude and attributes, we need to see how he has effectively brought success and positive outcomes through his actions, thought processes, ability to work with others as team player/leader, conscientiousness and so on!

It is one thing to talk tough and frankly/honestly identify a problem but it is a completely different ball game when it comes to effectively tackling those issues that then translates into real, tangible, improvement in the lives of people and a working society.
so Freeze if you were Nigerian President ehn, tell us how you for do am? at lst make we learn something different from PMB's approach at building long lasting institutions in an environment like ours. I don carry my pen and paper o ,anti.
Re: CNN's Amanpour Talks About Her Interview With Buhari by Handsome4real(m): 8:19am On May 16, 2016
ebiboy2:
didn't watch the video. but I know she mush have said something like "that man is too old and slow"

Never jump before the gun. She didnt say that but said otherwise.
Re: CNN's Amanpour Talks About Her Interview With Buhari by repogirl(f): 8:20am On May 16, 2016
Booking for later
Re: CNN's Amanpour Talks About Her Interview With Buhari by upsonn(m): 8:20am On May 16, 2016
Eboski:
GEJ is no longer in power and the change your voted is before your eyes with 145 a liter of PMS,

Trash!

Keep spewing it...

3 Likes

Re: CNN's Amanpour Talks About Her Interview With Buhari by Kenobus: 8:21am On May 16, 2016
Sall:
This is the kind of leader we need at this point in time
Open your eyes! buhari is not a leader.
Re: CNN's Amanpour Talks About Her Interview With Buhari by xessxava4: 8:21am On May 16, 2016
Goldencollins:
Buhari is an old expired cow milk,a dullard and a gworo chewing stack illiterate.
now i see u av the latest version of mumuism... 2016 edition.. full option

2 Likes

Re: CNN's Amanpour Talks About Her Interview With Buhari by wexyee: 8:23am On May 16, 2016
Eboski:
pained wailer

1 Like

Re: CNN's Amanpour Talks About Her Interview With Buhari by Kainene77: 8:25am On May 16, 2016
It's not by force to comment on issues and appear s.illy.

Pavarottii:

Which respect? That he was left on d street of London standing hopelessly or someone. Called ur country fantastically corrupt? My friend that is an insult on d president. Won't take that if am d president of Nigeria. Not under my watch. Will u say my country is corrupt. If not u av failed as a president. Who does business wiv a corrupt country? Ask urself.

The country is FANTASTICALLY corrupt so instead of asking for respect, Nigerians should learn to earn it.
Only an idi.ot will ask for respect where none has been deserved.

So you would hide the FACT that the country is FANTASTICALLY CORRUPT so that you can deceive others to make business with you?
And with this way of thinking you want to be respected?

Criminals asking for respect. SMH

Now learn to write properly before you even think of being a president.
Re: CNN's Amanpour Talks About Her Interview With Buhari by AreaFada2: 8:27am On May 16, 2016
abumeinben:
I sincerely don't understand why buhari is being lauded for accepting Cameron's claim. Who isn't corrupt? The country looting to UK Banks or the UK Banks which are gladly accepting the loots from other countries?

For me Buhari goofed.

If someone, four streets away from yours, tells the local govt of your neighborhood that your family members are all thieves and were brought up that way, and your are the father, what would be your reaction?

We all know this rule but seem to render it inapplicable... "Defend in the public, condemn in the closet"

In the UK, accepting stolen goods is a big offense. Some of the so-called high number of Nigerians in UK prisons are there for that reason.
But here you are with UK banks and companies keeping Nigerian stolen money and they still laugh at us as fantastically corrupt.
And Buhari takes it meekly.

I can see why they rigged Nigerian pre-independence census to favour the North described by the British as " a bit foolish & backward".

1 Like

Re: CNN's Amanpour Talks About Her Interview With Buhari by Richydos(m): 8:28am On May 16, 2016
Abeg na who Amanpour interview don EPP n besides let's come down 2 reality about d change we all clamored 4.....N when d executives say dey do feel our pains I only smile n ponder on some thoughts
1.Do they buy fuel
2.Do they pay fares to jump on buses
3.Do they ever feel d effects of d ever falling Naira-dollar exchange on commodities like "garri, rice n Co lest we talk about d inability of most industries getting em raw materials which is forcing em to produce below excellence.
BUT
They do go about roaming d world with no single positive sign dt could be trace to it so far........
D most annoying of em all is dt 1 called d minister of finance who came on air to say dis regime has been saving money n @ dsame time will be borrowing to fund d ever padded budget n her Funny self doesn't even have a clue of how much has been recovered"can 1 be saving n borrowing so much @ dsame time
....... WHO AMANPOUR INTERVIEW DON EPP

1 Like

Re: CNN's Amanpour Talks About Her Interview With Buhari by tbaba1234: 8:31am On May 16, 2016
EliteQueen:
he is just calling his boys to order. He is their sponsor. He just use boko haram to disorganise Jonathan's government period

Rubbish, soldiers are fighting everyday to chase BokoHaram out of Nigeria.
Re: CNN's Amanpour Talks About Her Interview With Buhari by Kainene77: 8:33am On May 16, 2016
abumeinben:

For me Buhari goofed.

Is David Cameron the owner of these banks?

Buhari would appear like an i.diot to the rest of the world if he claimed that Nigeria is NOT fantastically corrupt.
The world has known it for a long time now.

This is the typical mentality of an average Nigerian. He will act holy in the public but behave like a criminal once he is behind closed doors and then demand respect.

Fools.
Re: CNN's Amanpour Talks About Her Interview With Buhari by Brugo(m): 8:34am On May 16, 2016
She obviously respects Buhari. That is very interesting.

And yes, Nigeria is fantastically corrupt. We cannot deny that. The world has known this fact for decades.

If the people of Nigeria frustrate the efforts of PMB we would have ourselves to blame. We may not have another leader fearless enough to combat powerful cabals in the next 50 years. Let us not waste this God-given opportunity to clean up this nation.

2 Likes

Re: CNN's Amanpour Talks About Her Interview With Buhari by ebiboy2(m): 8:34am On May 16, 2016
Handsome4real:

Never jump before the gun. She didnt say that but said otherwise.
you should understand I was being sarcastic. haba
Re: CNN's Amanpour Talks About Her Interview With Buhari by Kainene77: 8:34am On May 16, 2016
Brugo:
She obviously respects Buhari. That is very interesting.

And yes, Nigeria is fantastically corrupt. We cannot deny that. The world has known this fact for decades.

If the people of Nigeria frustrate the efforts of PMB we would have ourselves to blame. We may not have another leader fearless enough to combat powerful cabals in the next 50 years. Let us not waste this God-given opportunity to clean up this nation.

Very well said!

1 Like

Re: CNN's Amanpour Talks About Her Interview With Buhari by 1KauraNYI: 8:36am On May 16, 2016
Buhari is a charismatic leader! May God help you to deliver your good intentions! Ameen. On the other hand, Things are hard for the common man.

1 Like

Re: CNN's Amanpour Talks About Her Interview With Buhari by preacherz: 8:36am On May 16, 2016
ADAMUdaCOWBOY:

He was not a president when you saw him stand on the street, else even his aides will accompany him. About corruption, is Nigeria corrupt? Yes it is. Billions of dollars meant for arm procurement were stollen by officials of goodluck's government. That is corruption! Public funds were stolen and kept abroad, but you hero (good luck) could not punish the culprits because then, stealing was not corruption. So suffer dey this country now? Lol what were you expecting? That after past administrations looted the country dry and built houses in Europe and America with monies that should be used to build refineries and diversify the economy, that suffer no go dey? Continue deceiving yourself, you can't plant yam and reap plantains. Buhari is not ruining any economy, the economy was ruined long before he came. So good luck developed the mechanism that identified ghost workers? Why did he not sack them? 14 LGAs were under BH before good luck handed over. I think you are the one that is pissing me off. I know what havoc was wrecked in borno while your clown of a hero watched like a mumu. I am glad most Nigerian electorate were not like you, we have voted out the clueless one and never again will our soldiers be subjected to shame and ridicule.

Talk is cheap........did APC tell us they'll still need this enormous amt of time to fix things up b4 U voted them in?? No! PMB in his numerous promises said fuel shuld ß #45 due to †ђξ global fall in oil price. Plus †ђξ 1naira=1$ kosy.

Ʊя freaking bitter bro. Else U wuld av noticed frm d recent turn of events dat fixing Nigeria is far much bigger dan cheap talks.

Receive Brain!
Re: CNN's Amanpour Talks About Her Interview With Buhari by kingthreat(m): 8:40am On May 16, 2016
Eboski:

Whether GEJ or PMB is president, it won't have prevented the hard times we are witnessing today. When your country refused to produce anything apart from oil that it cannot even refine. You expect the global oil market crash to keep everything rosy for the country? You must know zero about the economy.
Re: CNN's Amanpour Talks About Her Interview With Buhari by Pavarottii(m): 8:41am On May 16, 2016
tbaba1234:

You mean the LGA that were lost in the first place. For about a year, Boko Haram held large parts of Nigeria under GEJ. Even after GEJ left, there were still LGA held by BH and maiduguri was far from safe.

Security has improved drastically since Buhari took over. All you have to do is speak to a resident of maiduguri, I have.

AS regards, Nigeria getting 'worse' ... As at December 2014, we were already borrowing to pay salaries and oil price was crashing. It is not Buhari's fault that we are a mono economy.

He has presented his first budget, I will like to hear your opinion this time next year.
No need to counter anything, situations and results in d future will speak 4 me.

Lets all enjoy d change. cheesy
Re: CNN's Amanpour Talks About Her Interview With Buhari by saintmark88(m): 8:43am On May 16, 2016
abumeinben:

For me Buhari goofed.

You want to defend a country Frm pple you want their help to fight corruption, wouldn't he be deceiving himself if he says Nigeria is not corrupt, yet wants them to help in d fight against corruption

1 Like

Re: CNN's Amanpour Talks About Her Interview With Buhari by Anijay1212(m): 8:43am On May 16, 2016
ADAMUdaCOWBOY:

He was not a president when you saw him stand on the street, else even his aides will accompany him. About corruption, is Nigeria corrupt? Yes it is. Billions of dollars meant for arm procurement were stollen by officials of goodluck's government. That is corruption! Public funds were stolen and kept abroad, but you hero (good luck) could not punish the culprits because then, stealing was not corruption. So suffer dey this country now? Lol what were you expecting? That after past administrations looted the country dry and built houses in Europe and America with monies that should be used to build refineries and diversify the economy, that suffer no go dey? Continue deceiving yourself, you can't plant yam and reap plantains. Buhari is not ruining any economy, the economy was ruined long before he came. So good luck developed the mechanism that identified ghost workers? Why did he not sack them? 14 LGAs were under BH before good luck handed over. I think you are the one that is pissing me off. I know what havoc was wrecked in borno while your clown of a hero watched like a mumu. I am glad most Nigerian electorate were not like you, we have voted out the clueless one and never again will our soldiers be subjected to shame and ridicule.
Sweet reply.Thanks for putting that wailing ignoramus in his place.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Yomi Black: Peter Obi's Ambition Is Fueled By The Delusion Of Social Media / Sit-At-Home 'Offenders' Flogged By Simon Ikpa Boys / Akinwunmi Adesina, 2023: We Want Yoruba Muslim As President - MURIC To Obasanjo

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 73
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.