Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,168,992 members, 7,873,191 topics. Date: Thursday, 27 June 2024 at 09:36 AM

CNN's Amanpour Talks About Her Interview With Buhari - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / CNN's Amanpour Talks About Her Interview With Buhari (38078 Views)

Demola Fashola Meets Christiane Amanpour Of CNN / Transcript Of Buhari's Interview With Amanpour On CNN / Christiane Amanpour Interviews Muhammadu Buhari @ 7pm On CNN (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: CNN's Amanpour Talks About Her Interview With Buhari by abumeinben(m): 9:22am On May 16, 2016
Kainene77:

Is David Cameron the owner of these banks?

Buhari would appear like an i.diot to the rest of the world if he claimed that Nigeria is NOT fantastically corrupt.
The world has known it for a long time now.

This is the typical mentality of an average Nigerian. He will act holy in the public but behave like a criminal once he is behind closed doors and then demand respect.

Fools.

No insults pls..

Is buhari the owner of Nigeria?

A soldier, even in the face of defeat, would scream "no retreat, no surrender"!
Re: CNN's Amanpour Talks About Her Interview With Buhari by Pavarottii(m): 9:24am On May 16, 2016
dragunov:
You wailers keep disgusting me with that silly excuse that GEJ initiated TSA and BVN. So fvck what? He should have implemented it then. Perhaps that would have saved him this tonne of embarrassment he is now subjecting himself to. It is not PMB's fault that he did not finish what he started. And you shouldn't blame PMB for having enough sense to do the needful. It just leads credence to the fact that he's honest and wants to work. What's your problem with that? You wailers are looking for magicians right? Let me tell you something. Your travails have just started.
Me and you who is sounding like someone that has travails? angry. See painment. Abeg I don't dea wiv fantastically corrupt people like you. B4 u steal my fone from where u are. grin
Re: CNN's Amanpour Talks About Her Interview With Buhari by Pavarottii(m): 9:27am On May 16, 2016
Deen77:

Nigeria is worse since Jonathan became our president.

Imagine over $60 billion debt under Jonathan, how do you explain borrowing when crude is above $100 for year's. Now the Oil boom is over, no refinery for 16 year's to stop this useless importation of fuel that is consuming our forex.

If you cannot manage the good times how can you manage the bad time. This is our bad time every nation that produce crude oil is removing subsidies, no more free dollar from crude Oil.

100x2,000,000= $200 million
$35x2,000,000= $70 million
How do you want Buhari to finance importation.

Nigerian saving is zero, no survival resources this is from Germany Deutsche bank analyst below.
I don't discuss wiv fantastically corrupt people like you.

Got of my mention. grin
Re: CNN's Amanpour Talks About Her Interview With Buhari by Pavarottii(m): 9:27am On May 16, 2016
Deen77:

Imagine over $60 billion debt under Jonathan, how do you explain borrowing when crude is above $100 for year's. Now the Oil boom is over, no refinery for 16 year's to stop this useless importation of fuel that is consuming our forex.

If you cannot manage the good times how can you manage the bad time. This is our bad time every nation that produce crude oil is removing subsidies, no more free dollar from crude Oil.

Nigerian saving is zero, no survival resources this is from Germany Deutsche bank analyst below.
I don't discuss wiv fantastically corrupt people like you.

Get out of my mention. grin
Re: CNN's Amanpour Talks About Her Interview With Buhari by dyn1800: 9:27am On May 16, 2016
abeg leave GEJ outta this...... let's move on

searchiing4love:
May God Punish GEJ for dragging this nation in the mud with his excessive looting and foolishness. May Buhari live long cool
Re: CNN's Amanpour Talks About Her Interview With Buhari by Nobody: 9:32am On May 16, 2016
Goddex:
[size=13pt]Amanpour is fast fading. Even her follow-up questions in that interview were mostly lame and weak.

She didn't do a thorough background check of current burning issues in Nigeria before going in for that interview.

I give it to those young guys in Aljazeera guys anyday
[/size]
exactly! I thought so too...like it was scripted. I am a fan of Amanpour, she goes for the jugular...asking questions most leaders would dread facing... but this interview was kinda unAmanpour and disappointing

1 Like

Re: CNN's Amanpour Talks About Her Interview With Buhari by saintmark88(m): 9:34am On May 16, 2016
abumeinben:

Same statement was made of Panama and the president bounced it off intelligently! I'm not saying corruption hasn't defaced our beloved 9ja, but for business and investment sake, sincerity is stupidity!

This is what dangote means when he said we should stop painting Africa "gloom". It scares investors away.

Panama doesn't have the countries stolen wealth lodged in foreign countries, inshort Panama lodges countries stolen wealth, if u say ur country isn't corrupt, then how do u need the help of these countries to fight corruption n get ur stolen wealth back??, now thts d questn

1 Like

Re: CNN's Amanpour Talks About Her Interview With Buhari by muhamadnur: 9:38am On May 16, 2016
kinglee1:

Were you not ashamed when Cnn had to subtitle your president's English in English
buhari has a heavy hausa/fulani accent that prevent him from correctly pronouncing some english wordz vry well, are indians illitrate bcoz of their accent, you and i knw buhari can speak english, but some wordz are hard to pronounce due to his tongue, and please what is special abt the so called english its jst anoda mans language jst as urs and mine.

2 Likes

Re: CNN's Amanpour Talks About Her Interview With Buhari by dragunov: 9:38am On May 16, 2016
Pavarottii:

Me and you who is sounding like someone that has travails? angry. See painment. Abeg I don't dea wiv fantastically corrupt people like you. B4 u steal my fone from where u are. grin
Yeah whatever.
Re: CNN's Amanpour Talks About Her Interview With Buhari by abumeinben(m): 9:45am On May 16, 2016
saintmark88:

Panama doesn't have the countries stolen wealth lodged in foreign countries, inshort Panama lodges countries stolen wealth, if u say ur country isn't corrupt, then how do u need the help of these countries to fight corruption n get ur stolen wealth back??, now thts d questn

I never knew corruption had classifications
Re: CNN's Amanpour Talks About Her Interview With Buhari by endoski: 9:46am On May 16, 2016
searchiing4love:
May God Punish GEJ for dragging this nation in the mud with his excessive looting and foolishness. May Buhari live long cool
jst as God wil purnish u for dis post
Re: CNN's Amanpour Talks About Her Interview With Buhari by Phargbemmy(m): 9:48am On May 16, 2016
preacherz:

Talk is cheap........did APC tell us they'll still need this enormous amt of time to fix things up b4 U voted them in?? No! PMB in his numerous promises said fuel shuld ß #45 due to †ђξ global fall in oil price. Plus †ђξ 1naira=1$ kosy.

Ʊя freaking bitter bro. Else U wuld av noticed frm d recent turn of events dat fixing Nigeria is far much bigger dan cheap talks.

Receive Brain!

I guess you need the brain more. How do you judge the taste of the soup that is cooking without tasting it?

How do you expect APC to know the extent of the rot that the past dispensation has wrought before coming to power?

How?
How....?
How.......?

Do I need to remind you that it took PDP the entire year to pull together their handover note, why submit it very few hours to swearing in date, how on earth do you expect the analyst to devour such a huge book, pick holes in it and profer solutions?

I did not vote any political party so that makes me less a loyalist of any, but guy give kudos to whom deserves it. PMB has threaded where GEJ feared and succeeded.

Please think deeply before you put pen to paper in order not to ridicule yourself.
Re: CNN's Amanpour Talks About Her Interview With Buhari by ferou(m): 10:05am On May 16, 2016
Stop insulting GEJ thank God we all are experiencing the change, it's history in the making, our kids Will grow and read about it.

1 Like

Re: CNN's Amanpour Talks About Her Interview With Buhari by Nobody: 10:09am On May 16, 2016
Oklander:
#IstandwithBuhari...he will succeed!!!
we wink

1 Like

Re: CNN's Amanpour Talks About Her Interview With Buhari by babadem2much(m): 10:10am On May 16, 2016
searchiing4love:

Guy let's be civic in our comments , that man is an elder any where he find himself. Tomorrow you may be there or someone close to you.
Wish everyone well without insult and see the joy in your heart.

Peace bro
Re: CNN's Amanpour Talks About Her Interview With Buhari by Kainene77: 10:12am On May 16, 2016
abumeinben:

No insults pls..

Is buhari the owner of Nigeria?

A soldier, even in the face of defeat, would scream "no retreat, no surrender"!

You ask this kind of questions and you expect no insults?

I tire!
Re: CNN's Amanpour Talks About Her Interview With Buhari by Kainene77: 10:15am On May 16, 2016
muhamadnur:
buhari has a heavy hausa/fulani accent that prevent him from correctly pronouncing some english wordz vry well, are indians illitrate bcoz of their accent, you and i knw buhari can speak english, but some wordz are hard to pronounce due to his tongue, and please what is special abt the so called english its jst anoda mans language jst as urs and mine.

Nigerians and their misplaced pride.

They are even too dvmb to understand that people in other countries will have difficulty understanding Buhari's accent because they are NOT USED to it.
Re: CNN's Amanpour Talks About Her Interview With Buhari by lomprico(m): 10:15am On May 16, 2016
Official zombie thread! Humans keep off!
Re: CNN's Amanpour Talks About Her Interview With Buhari by AAinEqGuinea: 10:18am On May 16, 2016
She's didn't ask Buhari Kardashian about the hundreds of villagers slain while he continues his traveling and posturing at pointless summits?

I guess she couldn't ask those serious questions, considering that watching a video of Chibok girls was too emotional for him
Re: CNN's Amanpour Talks About Her Interview With Buhari by Kainene77: 10:18am On May 16, 2016
Deen77:

You reason based on statistics when the opinion of the people you are talking to is based on sentiments and tribal affiliations.
Re: CNN's Amanpour Talks About Her Interview With Buhari by Subway1011: 10:19am On May 16, 2016
onatisi:
How can any sensible normal thinking Nigerian be celebrating the comments by a foreign journalist about the president of a country that has plunged his country into serious economic problems due to his sluggishness and ineffectiveness. Does amanpour live in Nigeria?does she have any interest in Nigeria? This is simply a PR job and dumb stupidd nigerians who will sleep in darkness throughout this year,who will most likely be sacked soon from their jobs soon , who will be buying fuel at an exorbitant price of 145 for a liter and whose currency is fast becoming absolutely totally useless are praising this woman comments

But you masturbate on any foreign media news that attack or demean the President. I hate hypocrites.

1 Like

Re: CNN's Amanpour Talks About Her Interview With Buhari by Fury007: 10:21am On May 16, 2016
Eboski:
May your life be rule the way PMB is ruling this country......
stop insulting someone old enough to be your grandfather..
GEJ is no longer in power and the change you people voted for is before your eyes with 145 a liter of PMS,
Do you know how much is bag of rice now?

Do you know how much crude oil sells in the global market now compared to when your hero was in power?

Do you understand what forex is, and what it does to the local price of anything you import?

Do you know how your name sounds at all.. Eboski!

1 Like

Re: CNN's Amanpour Talks About Her Interview With Buhari by Nobody: 10:22am On May 16, 2016
Eboski:
GEJ is no longer in power and the change you people voted for is before your eyes with 145 a liter of PMS,
18k oh
Re: CNN's Amanpour Talks About Her Interview With Buhari by Tinyemeka(m): 10:30am On May 16, 2016
amaechi1:

Did hear Brazil was able to bring out millions of people out of poverty and develop their infrastructure during oil boom? Would that be said for nigeria?

Your post just goes to show that you do not know SQUAT about Brazil.
Re: CNN's Amanpour Talks About Her Interview With Buhari by igwegeorgiano(m): 10:38am On May 16, 2016
searchiing4love:
pls appreciate GEJ for once.Yeah, he committed series of presidential blunders during his reign as the president and commander in chief. you were among those who sang his praised to high heavens when he became president but he derailed along the line but one significant aspect of him you and i should appreciate here is the fact that he willingly conceeded defeat even before the final result was announced. consider what what the fate of nigeria and nigerians would have been if GEJ had wanted to play God by refusing to accept defeat or cancelled d entire electoral processes like babangida did on june 12, 1993
Re: CNN's Amanpour Talks About Her Interview With Buhari by tekslee: 10:43am On May 16, 2016
Sai buhari
Re: CNN's Amanpour Talks About Her Interview With Buhari by Edusouls(m): 10:47am On May 16, 2016
Pavarottii:

Abeg no make me vex here oooo. Because of a video reported by a person who won't determine any fate of Nigeria. U r typing dis rubbish. U know the suffer wey dey dis country. My brother leave all dis video and face reality, buhari is running d economy of Nigeria aground, d same thing he did in 1985.

Talking of Ghost workers. Was it not systems that GEJ put on ground that found dem?(bVN).
Okay after finding dem,why can't they replace the 23,000 workers wiv real workers, thereby employing more people.

Tell me one local govt that was under BH wen GEJ passed on to buhari in May29th 2015.

My friend don't support mediocrity.

Nigeria is worse off since buhari became president.
nooo u re vry wrong my brother, yes things maybe a litte more hard nowadays,but i see a bright future ahead, pmb is a vry competent leader,and is not easy to turn things around overnight,becos jonathan handed over a totaly handicapped and half dead nigeria to buhari, gej was a disaster...
Re: CNN's Amanpour Talks About Her Interview With Buhari by Pavarottii(m): 10:53am On May 16, 2016
Edusouls:
nooo u re vry wrong my brother, yes things maybe a litte more hard nowadays,but i see a bright future ahead, pmb is a vry competent leader,and is not easy to turn things around overnight,becos jonathan handed over a totaly handicapped and half dead nigeria to buhari, gej was a disaster...
Enjoy ur change my brother. Results and situations will speak 4 itself.

We r watching.
Re: CNN's Amanpour Talks About Her Interview With Buhari by placeofallure(f): 10:54am On May 16, 2016
Eboski:

Hmnnnn, interesting! Good to know! So the license to commit any crime now is old age? Once you're old to be a father, pronto! there you go. Who doesn't know the mumuness of Jonathan? He worked hand in hand with the looters and they massively and mercilessly dealt with us. If an 80year old man rapes a 13year old girl, we keep quiet simply because he's old enough to be an ancestor. The subsidy removed may not yield immediate results but in the long run, we'll be the better for it. Patience is key. My sincere prayer is that We shall all eat the good of the land.
Re: CNN's Amanpour Talks About Her Interview With Buhari by BizBayo: 11:06am On May 16, 2016
freeze001:
I keep harping on the over reliance and trust in a person. It never fails to fail! I see no reason why Buhari's infamous frankness and honesty is all it takes for some to sleep with the assurance that he will right all wrongs.

Beyond a person's attitude and attributes, we need to see how he has effectively brought success and positive outcomes through his actions, thought processes, ability to work with others as team player/leader, conscientiousness and so on!

It is one thing to talk tough and frankly/honestly identify a problem but it is a completely different ball game when it comes to effectively tackling those issues that then translates into real, tangible, improvement in the lives of people and a working society.

Babes, your grammar is too much. Easy o
Re: CNN's Amanpour Talks About Her Interview With Buhari by spartacuz: 11:09am On May 16, 2016
Well, stealing is not corruption - GEJ. Wailers won't love this, come wail ooooooooo

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Photos From Labour Party's Harmonization Town Hall Meeting Held In Kano State / Obi: ‘This Is Embarrassing’ – Mr Macaroni Knocks Keyamo For Spreading Fake News / Kassim Afegbua Insists Babangida Authorised ‘Vote Out Buhari’ Statement

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 59
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.