Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,168,992 members, 7,873,191 topics. Date: Thursday, 27 June 2024 at 09:37 AM

CNN's Amanpour Talks About Her Interview With Buhari - Politics (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / CNN's Amanpour Talks About Her Interview With Buhari (38079 Views)

Demola Fashola Meets Christiane Amanpour Of CNN / Transcript Of Buhari's Interview With Amanpour On CNN / Christiane Amanpour Interviews Muhammadu Buhari @ 7pm On CNN (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: CNN's Amanpour Talks About Her Interview With Buhari by Darayola(m): 11:24am On May 16, 2016
Pavarottii:

Which respect? That he was left on d street of London standing hopelessly or someone. Called ur country fantastically corrupt? My friend that is an insult on d president. Won't take that if am d president of Nigeria. Not under my watch. Will u say my country is corrupt. If not u av failed as a president. Who does business wiv a corrupt country? Ask urself.

Abeg no make me vex here oooo. Because of a video reported by a person who won't determine any fate of Nigeria. U r typing dis rubbish. U know the suffer wey dey dis country. My brother leave all dis video and face reality, buhari is running d economy of Nigeria aground, d same thing he did in 1985.

Talking of Ghost workers. Was it not systems that GEJ put on ground that found dem?(bVN).
Okay after finding dem,why can't they replace the 23,000 workers wiv real workers, thereby employing more people.

Tell me one local govt that was under BH wen GEJ passed on to buhari in May29th 2015.

My friend don't support mediocrity.

Nigeria is worse off since buhari became president.

but is nigeria not a corrupt country?
one should b very careful with an
unrealistic and insincere person like u.
Re: CNN's Amanpour Talks About Her Interview With Buhari by Pavarottii(m): 11:45am On May 16, 2016
Darayola:

but is nigeria not a corrupt country?
one should b very careful with an
unrealistic and insincere person like u.
Are u and ur family members corrupt. Don't 4get u make up d entity called Nigeria.
Re: CNN's Amanpour Talks About Her Interview With Buhari by Nobody: 11:56am On May 16, 2016
muhamadnur:
buhari has a heavy hausa/fulani accent that prevent him from correctly pronouncing some english wordz vry well, are indians illitrate bcoz of their accent, you and i knw buhari can speak english, but some wordz are hard to pronounce due to his tongue, and please what is special abt the so called english its jst anoda mans language jst as urs and mine.

It's our official language sir.
Re: CNN's Amanpour Talks About Her Interview With Buhari by wexyee: 11:58am On May 16, 2016
Eboski:
Zombies suffering and smiling
I'm not sufering my guy.. I'm hapy cus boko bois no get power again
Re: CNN's Amanpour Talks About Her Interview With Buhari by kluwei: 12:10pm On May 16, 2016
searchiing4love:
May God Punish GEJ for dragging this nation in the mud with his excessive looting and foolishness. May Buhari live long cool
I believe u are still being fed and catered for by ur parents so u dnt knw d cost of fuel nd foodstuffs due to d actions and inactions of this present administration.
Re: CNN's Amanpour Talks About Her Interview With Buhari by plaetton: 12:21pm On May 16, 2016
omenka:
Make mods catch you first. cheesy

@post: I love her emphasis on his honesty and that is what most of us know is Baba's greatest selling point- world businessmen and press like that in a leader, PDP abhors it and calls it demarketing.

What does she know about him ?

Yes, so-called honesty was Buhari's strongest selling point.
But it was a UNICORN. Though it looks like a real horse with much nobler qualities, it remains a myth, a fairy tale for adult children too dumb to ask questions.

Kindly elaborate on this myth if Buhari being an honest man.
Re: CNN's Amanpour Talks About Her Interview With Buhari by Nobody: 12:30pm On May 16, 2016
[quote author=Eboski post=45659729] May your life be rule the way PMB is ruling this country......
stop insulting someone old enough to be your grandfather..
GEJ is no longer in power and the change you people voted for is before your eyes with 145 a liter of PMS,
Do you know how much is bag of rice now?
[/quoteyGEJ time na #8,000 PMB na#18,000
Re: CNN's Amanpour Talks About Her Interview With Buhari by Nobody: 12:32pm On May 16, 2016
[quote author=Eboski post=45659729] May your life be rule the way PMB is ruling this country......
stop insulting someone old enough to be your grandfather..
GEJ is no longer in power and the change you people voted for is before your eyes with 145 a liter of PMS,
Do you know how much is bag of rice now?
[/quoteyGEJ time na #8,000 PMB na#18,000 na the change be that
Re: CNN's Amanpour Talks About Her Interview With Buhari by Goldencollins: 12:38pm On May 16, 2016
SmartThief:
hey! mister watch your ravenous-venomous mawt!! i wont seat back and let you rain some unqualified insults on my President!! watch your tongue!!

Zombie get outta ma mention
Re: CNN's Amanpour Talks About Her Interview With Buhari by 7lives: 12:45pm On May 16, 2016
Goddex:
[size=13pt]Amanpour is fast fading. Even her follow-up questions in that interview were mostly lame and weak.

She didn't do a thorough background check of current burning issues in Nigeria before going in for that interview.

I give it to those young guys in Aljazeera guys anyday
[/size]

Of course she now works hand in hand with Lie Mohammed, if she had lambasted Buhari you would have been singing her praise, abeg go sidon jare.
Re: CNN's Amanpour Talks About Her Interview With Buhari by Image123(m): 12:51pm On May 16, 2016
onatisi:
How can any sensible normal thinking Nigerian be celebrating the comments by a foreign journalist about the president of a country that has plunged his country into serious economic problems due to his sluggishness and ineffectiveness. Does amanpour live in Nigeria?does she have any interest in Nigeria? This is simply a PR job and dumb stupidd nigerians who will sleep in darkness throughout this year,who will most likely be sacked soon from their jobs soon , who will be buying fuel at an exorbitant price of 145 for a liter and whose currency is fast becoming absolutely totally useless are praising this woman comments

This is the highest hypocrisy and inconsistency coming from one OP with a thread saying " BUHARI, African Most Incompetent,
Unserious And Clueless Leader – UK Study".
Re: CNN's Amanpour Talks About Her Interview With Buhari by 7lives: 12:54pm On May 16, 2016
Kainene77:
It's not by force to comment on issues and appear s.illy.

The country is FANTASTICALLY corrupt so instead of asking for respect, Nigerians should learn to earn it.
Only an idi.ot will ask for respect where none has been deserved.

So you would hide the FACT that the country is FANTASTICALLY CORRUPT so that you can deceive others to make business with you?
And with this way of thinking you want to be respected?

Criminals asking for respect. SMH

God bless you.

Now learn to write properly before you even think of being a president.

Re: CNN's Amanpour Talks About Her Interview With Buhari by 7lives: 1:31pm On May 16, 2016
kinglee1:
If at this stage some people still choose to support what Buhari is doing then they are not worth arguing with. Common this is not about sentiment or partiality anymore, it's about human feelings. How can majority be suffering and you are still supporting Buhari. Even if everything will turn out well later, let people still complain for now, you can't expect them to suffer in silence.

BUHARY TILL 2023, Buhari did not waste our external reserves, did you see Femi Falana's letter that Baba should not borrow kobo from anywhere, that baba MUST FACILITATE THE RECOVERY OF OVER $200 BILLION DOLLARS STOLEN FROM NIGERIA under PDP government?.
If Falana did not have his facts, he won't threatened to sue the government of Nigeria, Buhari is not a magician so HE JUST CAN'T OPEN THE SESAME, but if we can be patient all shall eventually be well.
For your information NIGERIANS ARE PAYING THE PRICE OF IGNORANCE, PDP HAS NO BUSINESS RULING THIS COUNTRY, PDP IS THE BUCKET SHOP WHICH THE NIGERIAN MILITARY MAFIA SET UP TO MAINTAIN THEIR STRONGHOLD ON THE COUNTRY, THIS IS WHY WE IN SW AVOIDED THEM IN 1999.
EVERYTHING THAT IS HAPPENING NOW IS EXPECTED, BUT I PRAY THAT BABA SHOULD TRY HARDER SO THAT HE CAN SUCCEED 'CAUSE IF BABA FAIL, NIGERIA IS FINISHED.
Re: CNN's Amanpour Talks About Her Interview With Buhari by onatisi(m): 1:53pm On May 16, 2016
Image123:

This is the highest hypocrisy and inconsistency coming from one OP with a thread saying " BUHARI, African Most Incompetent,
Unserious And Clueless Leader – UK Study".
Kindly state how my post and comment here contradicts my opinion in my thread.
It seems most of ppl supporting buhari write before thinking . Because if not,how can someone who isn't living in Nigeria be praising the president while Nigerians and even members of buhari party are calling his methods and policies medival . Even obj that supported him staunchLy has openly admitted that buhari is deficient in formulating economic and political sound policies but that militarily he is capable of keeping the nation one and fighting terrorism

1 Like

Re: CNN's Amanpour Talks About Her Interview With Buhari by Raziii(m): 1:56pm On May 16, 2016
why are we so conscious of the white skin? Cameron said his own the other day, we went hullabaloo, now Amanpour, we are rejoicing like that would solve our problem.
Re: CNN's Amanpour Talks About Her Interview With Buhari by Image123(m): 2:13pm On May 16, 2016
onatisi:

Kindly state how my post and comment here contradicts my opinion in my thread.
It seems most of ppl supporting buhari write before thinking . Because if not,how can someone who isn't living in Nigeria be praising the president while Nigerians and even members of buhari party are calling his methods and policies medival . Even obj that supported him staunchLy has openly admitted that buhari is deficient in formulating economic and political sound policies but that militarily he is capable of keeping the nation one and fighting terrorism

Your thread is celebrating criticism of the President by an alleged UK Study, but you're here dismissing a commendation of the President on the basis that the commendation is from a foreigner. That's hypocritical and inconsistent.
Re: CNN's Amanpour Talks About Her Interview With Buhari by onatisi(m): 2:46pm On May 16, 2016
Image123:

Your thread is celebrating criticism of the President by an alleged UK Study, but you're here dismissing a commendation of the President on the basis that the commendation is from a foreigner. That's hypocritical and inconsistent.
The UK group that condemned buhari are Nigerians living in diaspora based in UK
Re: CNN's Amanpour Talks About Her Interview With Buhari by NZEsaintdoh(m): 2:57pm On May 16, 2016
GEJ is still d best democrat we've produced as president.PDP always producing d best democrats,from yar'adua to GEJ and Mua.LOnG live our great party
Re: CNN's Amanpour Talks About Her Interview With Buhari by Oz4realsss: 3:17pm On May 16, 2016
searchiing4love:
May God Punish GEJ for dragging this nation in the mud with his excessive looting and foolishness. May Buhari live long cool
God searches the hearts of men. He does not need your ranting before acting. In the sight of God, you may even be far worse than the Jonathan you so detest.
Re: CNN's Amanpour Talks About Her Interview With Buhari by plaetton: 4:57pm On May 16, 2016
Image123:

Because the criticisms were well founded on facts that every Nigerian can identify with.

Amanpour, on the other hand , was simply pouring useless platitudes, ignoring so many publicly available FACTS about Buhari,,.. his anti-democratic antecedents, his dictatorial personality, his human rights record even just in the past 12 months, and his economic mismanagement skills, etc.
Re: CNN's Amanpour Talks About Her Interview With Buhari by Image123(m): 5:11pm On May 16, 2016
onatisi:

The UK group that condemned buhari are Nigerians living in diaspora based in UK

Okay.
Re: CNN's Amanpour Talks About Her Interview With Buhari by Image123(m): 5:13pm On May 16, 2016
plaetton:

Because the criticisms were well founded on facts that every Nigerian can identify with.

Amanpour, on the other hand , was simply pouring useless platitudes, ignoring so many publicly available FACTS about Buhari,,.. his anti-democratic antecedents, his dictatorial personality, his human rights record even just in the past 12 months, and his economic mismanagement skills, etc.

She came to interview him at a SECURITY summit hence the security angled perspective, Buhari has done well in security so far. He's no super-human. The interview is barely 6minutes by the way. You can't ask so many things in that little time and be the best, what Amanpour is.
Re: CNN's Amanpour Talks About Her Interview With Buhari by Sall(m): 5:20pm On May 16, 2016
Pavarottii:

Abeg no make me vex here oooo. Because of a video reported by a person who won't determine any fate of Nigeria. U r typing dis rubbish. U know the suffer wey dey dis country. My brother leave all dis video and face reality, buhari is running d economy of Nigeria aground, d same thing he did in 1985.

Talking of Ghost workers. Was it not systems that GEJ put on ground that found dem?(bVN).
Okay after finding dem,why can't they replace the 23,000 workers wiv real workers, thereby employing more people.

Tell me one local govt that was under BH wen GEJ passed on to buhari in May29th 2015.

My friend don't support mediocrity.

Nigeria is worse off since buhari became president.
My friend I will never support mediocrity. And you don't be an hypocrite. You can wail all you like we are heading in the right direction .
Re: CNN's Amanpour Talks About Her Interview With Buhari by plaetton: 5:31pm On May 16, 2016
Image123:

She came to interview him at a SECURITY summit hence the security angled perspective, Buhari has done well in security so far. He's no super-human. The interview is barely 6minutes by the way. You can't ask so many things in that little time and be the best, what Amanpour is.

Wrong on all counts sir.

Firstly, it was an anti-corruption summit, not a security summit.

Secondly, to say that Buhari has performed well on security is shocking.
Security? shocked
Who's security?

Herdsmen are on rampage, killing, raping, burning and plundering unabashedly, walking boldly with AK-47s with the police looking with awe from a distance.

And you say security?
Which country are you referring to?

The same Buhari last week insulted our common sense and further indicted himself by claiming that the murderous herdsmen are from Libya.
Shouldn't he be thoroughly be ashamed that a ragtag herdsmen are attacking and killing Nigerians with impunity under his leadership?

Pls sir, don't insult us by claiming that Buhari has done well so far in security.
Re: CNN's Amanpour Talks About Her Interview With Buhari by Nobody: 5:46pm On May 16, 2016
See how Buhari is wasting the money he said is not available; isn't it obvious that was specifically paid for? Just to remain a media angel, but when a media institution like CNN begins to be compromised for a thing like this, then the world has come to an end.

Re: CNN's Amanpour Talks About Her Interview With Buhari by Image123(m): 5:55pm On May 16, 2016
plaetton:

Wrong on all counts sir.

Firstly, it was an anti-corruption summit, not a security summit.

Secondly, to say that Buhari has performed well on security is shocking.
Security? shocked
Who's security?

Herdsmen are on rampage, killing, raping, burning and plundering unabashedly, walking boldly with AK-47s with the police looking with awe from a distance.

And you say security?
Which country are you referring to?

The same Buhari last week insulted our common sense and further indicted himself by claiming that the murderous herdsmen are from Libya.
Shouldn't he be thoroughly be ashamed that a ragtag herdsmen are attacking and killing Nigerians with impunity under his leadership?

Pls sir, don't insult us by claiming that Buhari has done well so far in security.

i'm so sorry, i meant to say anti-corruption not security. Seems my tiredness today is getting to me, lol. It was an anti-corruption summit and the interview was mainly on anti-corruption. You'd notice Buhari introduced the security aspect with his reference to $2.1billion money shared instead of used to fight boko haram. That was the perspective in which he was interviewed. If he was interviewed at a world economic forum for instance, it's more likely the angle will be on economy, power, infrastructure. That's the natural line of these kind of interviews. They are targetted, it's not like she dodged asking him questions, or is not well read/informed on other areas.
On security, Buhari has done well because he has largely curbed the menace of boko haram. Nigeria has myriads of problems, and they did not start today. Some are the herdsmen problem like you mentioned, we have power problem, bad roads, education, health. Every where and every ministry you turn to, there are MAJOR problems, and they did not start today. On security of course, we have other problems too like kidnapping, armed robbery, ritual killing, thuggery, tribal hatred etc, but the one everybody knows and which hit the ceiling is boko haram and in that, Buhari has scored very well. Herdsmen have been having skirmishes with people since like forever, people have simply decided to AMPLIFY the issue with fake reports on the news. You can see for instance that even the Enugu governor tried to calm things down because people were making a huge mountain of it.
i respect the sanctity of every life and am not happy that any one life is carelessly lost. So, don't get me wrong, every crime including herdmen committing crime should be addressed. But we do not have to blow it out of proportion. The Fulanis have largely denied being involved. No fulani has been caught in the various happenings. So, how can it be lawfully established that they MUST be Fulanis that carried out the attacks? Also, the figures have been very conflicting with little or no evidence. We all saw evidence of boko haram, adn the Shite, and even the political unrests in the SS, and even road accidents, collapsed buildings and killing of snakes. But nobody sees anything about these so called genocide by Fulani herdsmen. Why?
Re: CNN's Amanpour Talks About Her Interview With Buhari by plaetton: 6:16pm On May 16, 2016
Image123:

i'm so sorry, i meant to say anti-corruption not security. Seems my tiredness today is getting to me, lol. It was an anti-corruption summit and the interview was mainly on anti-corruption. You'd notice Buhari introduced the security aspect with his reference to $2.1billion money shared instead of used to fight boko haram. That was the perspective in which he was interviewed. If he was interviewed at a world economic forum for instance, it's more likely the angle will be on economy, power, infrastructure. That's the natural line of these kind of interviews. They are targetted, it's not like she dodged asking him questions, or is not well read/informed on other areas.
On security, Buhari has done well because he has largely curbed the menace of boko haram. Nigeria has myriads of problems, and they did not start today. Some are the herdsmen problem like you mentioned, we have power problem, bad roads, education, health. Every where and every ministry you turn to, there are MAJOR problems, and they did not start today. On security of course, we have other problems too like kidnapping, armed robbery, ritual killing, thuggery, tribal hatred etc, but the one everybody knows and which hit the ceiling is boko haram and in that, Buhari has scored very well. Herdsmen have been having skirmishes with people since like forever, people have simply decided to AMPLIFY the issue with fake reports on the news. You can see for instance that even the Enugu governor tried to calm things down because people were making a huge mountain of it.
i respect the sanctity of every life and am not happy that any one life is carelessly lost. So, don't get me wrong, every crime including herdmen committing crime should be addressed. But we do not have to blow it out of proportion. The Fulanis have largely denied being involved. No fulani has been caught in the various happenings. So, how can it be lawfully established that they MUST be Fulanis that carried out the attacks? Also, the figures have been very conflicting with little or no evidence. We all saw evidence of boko haram, adn the Shite, and even the political unrests in the SS, and even road accidents, collapsed buildings and killing of snakes. But nobody sees anything about these so called genocide by Fulani herdsmen. Why?

Notice in my post that I did not mention the word " Fulani " even once.

Let's say for the purpose of this argument that they are Libyans invading and killing Nigerian communities with impunity, who's responsibility is it to address and stop it ?

Obviously Buhari will take credit when Boko haram is eventually defeated, but the ground work , the the real battles, the real sacrifices in resources, men and blood were done by the last administration. Nothing wrong with that. That's the way it's supposed to be.

It's the hypocrisy of denying Jonathan credit for anything that sets Buhari as dishonest.
Re: CNN's Amanpour Talks About Her Interview With Buhari by Image123(m): 9:37pm On May 16, 2016
plaetton:

Notice in my post that I did not mention the word " Fulani " even once.

Let's say for the purpose of this argument that they are Libyans invading and killing Nigerian communities with impunity, who's responsibility is it to address and stop it ?

Obviously Buhari will take credit when Boko haram is eventually defeated, but the ground work , the the real battles, the real sacrifices in resources, men and blood were done by the last administration. Nothing wrong with that. That's the way it's supposed to be.

It's the hypocrisy of denying Jonathan credit for anything that sets Buhari as dishonest.

i was very clear on what you mentioned " the herdsmen problem". It is in expounding and speaking of the amplification of the problem that I referred to the common knowledge popular opinion that Fulani herdsmen are committing genocide/ethnic cleansing. This remains largely unestablished propaganda. There are many problems in/with Nigeria. Security wise, i'm of the opinion that Buhari has done very well especially as regards boko haram. Those who live in the northeast attest to that and know the difference.
Re: CNN's Amanpour Talks About Her Interview With Buhari by sademola: 7:01am On May 17, 2016
Eboski:
Zombies suffering and smiling...
when he was in power things wasn't hard the way it's now.....
can PMB continue with his policies and mention every loopholes is block?
which PMS policies is working for the poor masses today

Wailing wailer Eboski, you prayed and I said amen and returned d prayer to you but you are scared of saying amen to it cos you know d truth!
Re: CNN's Amanpour Talks About Her Interview With Buhari by SmartThief(m): 7:04am On May 17, 2016
Barbarian!! i thought you have been exterminated!! what are you still waiting for? shameless citizen!!
Goldencollins:
embarassed

Zombie get outta ma mention
Re: CNN's Amanpour Talks About Her Interview With Buhari by Darayola(m): 11:25am On May 17, 2016
Pavarottii:

Are u and ur family members corrupt. Don't 4get u make up d entity called Nigeria.

Your right, it begins with the family. When a country is declared a corrupt nation, its simple meaning is that those in the affairs of the government are corrupt. Truth be told. Nigeria is a corrupt nation. Majority of Nigerians are corrupt. Fortunately, myself and my family belongs to the minority.
I hope you know that Honesty and uprightness is a virtue. Now that you seem to lack one, I'm afraid of what will become of the future of your own family in your hands.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Kassim Afegbua Insists Babangida Authorised ‘Vote Out Buhari’ Statement / Nigeria Will Be Exporting Marijuana If I Become President- Sowore (video) / LIVE FACT CHECK: Verifying Osinbajo, Obi, At 2019 Election Debate

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 81
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.