Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,169,734 members, 7,875,842 topics. Date: Saturday, 29 June 2024 at 11:04 PM

What Is Your Reaction When Jehovah Witnesses Knock On Your Door? - Religion (25) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / What Is Your Reaction When Jehovah Witnesses Knock On Your Door? (81322 Views)

Examining Talk That Jehovah's Witnesses Are The Only Ones Preaching Out There / Ghanaian Man Chases Jehovah's Witnesses Out Of His House By Stripping Unclad / Female Jehovah's Witness Knocks At Man's House, He Opens The Door While Naked (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (22) (23) (24) (25) (26) (27) (28) ... (36) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What Is Your Reaction When Jehovah Witnesses Knock On Your Door? by brocab: 10:18am On Apr 09, 2018
Then why is Jehovah so important to you?
Riofidelio:
God bless you for correcting that! You're now doing the needed which is the thorough research to know more about what many don't know. Yes! The divine name in Hebrew is only represented in vowels because the Jews don't want the name to be misused by people so for a very long time they kept rendering it as YHWH and after centuries the original pronunciation was lost. Today nobody knows exactly how Moses or Jesus pronounced God's name! But you also need to realize that the same thing applies to Jesus and all other biblical names,what we now have is not the original pronunciation of their names yet we're sticking to those names and waiting till the person who miraculously made US speaking different languages will return US to be speaking one single pure language. until then whatever made the name Yeshua to be generally called Jesus shouldn't stop US from using Jehovah to pronounce YHWH!
Re: What Is Your Reaction When Jehovah Witnesses Knock On Your Door? by Nobody: 10:35am On Apr 09, 2018
brocab:
Then why is Jehovah so important to you?
God bless you again and again for that thought provoking question! Because Jesus said He declared the divine name during His time before people so that those who wants salvation can call upon that name and be saved. John 17:26 compared to Joel 2:32 and Romans 10:13-15 Also notice that Psalm 110:1 said ""the LORD said to my Lord" KJV but in a refined translation it's rendered "Jehovah said to my Lord" NWT Those Jews and the translators have committed a great blunder by rendering it YHWH and LORD so instead of saying "YHWH is my shepherd" Psalms 23:1 to at least help the reader they wrote "The Lord is my shepherd" That's why that name became so important so that readers can get the full sense of what they're reading! Moreover Paul said there are so many called God and Lord(1Corinth 8:5) therefore it's appropriate to return the divine names back to where it appears originally in the Bible instead of confusing readers by rendering it Lord! Please read the index or note in your Bible you'll notice that the translators used the title Lord whenever they found the original divine name! But the NWT of the Watchtower has returned the names back to it's strategic positions as pened down by the original writers.Our believe is that God has a purpose for directing HIS servants to write HIS name in HIS book(Bible) which is the first and foremost formal introduction of HIS personality.

1 Like

Re: What Is Your Reaction When Jehovah Witnesses Knock On Your Door? by Nobody: 11:02am On Apr 09, 2018
brocab:
And the LORD said unto Moses, See, I have made thee a god to Pharaoh: and Aaron thy brother shall be thy prophet.
The Jehovah's Witnesses, among others, cite {John 17:3} as a proof-text to deny the Trinity and claim that Jesus Christ is not God. They reason is that if Jesus were God, then He would not have called the Father, "the only true God." If the Father is the only true God, then it must require that Jesus cannot be God.
Shame on you Riofidelio-have you decided to deny this scripture, because you are trying to make a point? How can you now believe Moses be a god, when you believe Jehovah is the only true god.
Hmmmmmmmmm you're not getting it my friend, God made Moses a God before Pharaoh so it was written that Moses became like God since God never appeared to Pharaoh but whatever Moses says will surely come to pass. Please it's that power bestowed on Moses that's making this possible and the same power was bestowed on Jesus before those seeing Him. That's why Moses could forewarn the Israelites that God will raise a prophet like himself in their midst, please this foretold prophet is Jesus of Nazareth.Dueteronomy 18:15-18 compared to Act 3:22 That's why He served as God just as Moses also served as God but there still remains the Almighty God who placed these two in that position both Moses and Jesus are answerable only to Jehovah! 1Corinthians 15:26-28

1 Like

Re: What Is Your Reaction When Jehovah Witnesses Knock On Your Door? by Nobody: 11:16am On Apr 09, 2018
brocab i know you're taught the miserable Trinity mystery, and those who championed this teaching agreed that it's not what they can explain but God's word is not like that otherwise God won't ask US through HIS Son to go and teach what we can't explain. Trinity is incomprehensible as it's having no root in God's word. Jesus was God because He performed so many mighty works before observers just like Moses was God before Pharaoh, notice that John 1:1 referred to our LIVING Master Lord and King in this way "the word was God" meaning while He was present with them they can all feel the presence and the mighty hand of God (Emmanuel) but as soon as He returned to heaven He sat at the right hand of the one who sent Him so He's not presently serving in that office anymore! The Holy Spirit came and many of Jesus' followers were looked upon as God just because of the presence of the Holy Spirit with them.So th Word WAS! WAS!! God just as Moses WAS God at a point in time. John cleared it by saying "the word WAS (not IS) God" Jesus is alive now in heaven it won't be appropriate to for an Apostle to refer to a living person by saying "the word was God" while He is alive.God bless you!

1 Like

Re: What Is Your Reaction When Jehovah Witnesses Knock On Your Door? by Hairyrapunzel: 1:17pm On Apr 09, 2018
xaggar:
Raise the dead na!

You where explained to; of these, only love, faith and hope shall remain yet you need miracles.

Keep waiting!

That's what Jesus Christ said in the Bible. You can't change it. If you like o let your governing body interpret their own rubbish. It doesn't change Jesus words.

Bring the verse that said it's only love, faith and hope that shall remain and performing miracles will cease.
I guess it's only your magazines that will write this. I am waiting for that verse o. Or are you afraid to say there is no verse in the Bible that says such?

Lol. You think you can use verses out of context? In that case, persecution and hatred has ended since only love, faith and hope are remaining. Lol
Re: What Is Your Reaction When Jehovah Witnesses Knock On Your Door? by Nobody: 2:55pm On Apr 09, 2018
[quote author=Riofidelio post=66551182] "Jehovah's witnesses" is a divine name from the scriptures that God gave those practicing pure worship(Isaiah 43:10-12) When Jehovah said "you're my witnesses" Notice that witnesses in plural means many but HE went on to say "and my Servant" but if you notice this time it's singular meaning one person, well that one person is Jesus.

Who was Jehovah talking to? Christians or Jews? Are Christians suppose to continue under the old covenant or the new one? Where in the new covenant were Christians told to use the name Jehovah? Which name is given to men in the new testament? How did Jesus bear witness for God? Show from the bible where Jesus mention the name Jehovah apart from when he quoted scripture?

Israelites are claiming it whereas they're not willing to keep God's covenant. Jesus said "you'll be witnesses of me" because true worshippers in the end time won't worship according to the former covenant again rather they'll be PRACTICING or OBSERVING all that God's Son commanded. That's why after a careful watch of the movement some people in Antioch called them Christians (witnesses or followers of Christ) today because so many false religions are claiming to be Christians Jehovah directed HIS worshippers to the divine name to differentiate US from thousands of different religious groups claiming Christians. But still we're observing all that our Lord Master and King Jesus Christ has commanded US that's why throughout the Earth today we're known for zealously preaching and teaching about God's Kingdom! Matthew 24:14
be clear are you a witness for Jesus or Jehovah?
So the early Christians were under the old covenant? Where in the new covenant did Jehovah say you should witness for him?
You claim your organization receive a vision from Jesus how do you know it was Jesus?
Should you believe a vision or prophecy over God's inspired word?

What that Spirit taught was it what the apostles taught?
1 John 4:6 We are of God: he that knoweth God heareth us; he that is not of God heareth not us. Hereby know we the spirit of truth, and the spirit of error.

1 John 4:1 Beloved, believe not every spirit, but try the spirits whether they are of God: because many false prophets are gone out into the world.
Deuteronomy 13:1 If there arise among you a prophet, or a dreamer of dreams, and giveth thee a sign or a wonder,

13:2 And the sign or the wonder come to pass, whereof he spake unto thee, saying, Let us go after other gods, which thou hast not known, and let us serve them;

13:3 Thou shalt not hearken unto the words of that prophet, or that dreamer of dreams: for the LORD your God proveth you, to know whether ye love the LORD your God with all your heart and with all your soul.

So it is necessary to scrutinize every vision or dream and not blindly accept it.
Re: What Is Your Reaction When Jehovah Witnesses Knock On Your Door? by Hairyrapunzel: 6:16pm On Apr 09, 2018
Riofidelio:
Please to avoid God's anger,try writing the divine name properly. I know you're confused by the works of the translators but even those translators respected the divine name by starting with a capital letter. If Nairaland Forum accepted your profile name in small letters i'm sure you'll never agree officially for your real name to be written starting with a small letter,so correct it by simple editing or modifying. If you're annoyed at me i fully understand why but never allow your annoyance to make you insult God's divine name that's boldly written starting with capital letters even in your KJV's translation! Exodus 6:3,Psalm 83:18,Isaiah 12:2,26:4, If you can't find the divine name in your translation please check in the index or footnotes instead of arguing with those that even your so called pastors can't stand to debate on God's word! Isaiah 54:17

So your god had to wait 60years before he could reveal his divine name to his followers? Such a pathetic and confused god. Charles taze had to die first before he told his name in secret to Rutherford.
You now have to threaten me with your god's anger?
1st you threaten me for not following your gb orders now you say your god will be angry because I didn't use capital letter for his name. Meanwhile, you have refused to show me a verse that says Jesus Christ said that miracles will cease after the first century
Re: What Is Your Reaction When Jehovah Witnesses Knock On Your Door? by Nobody: 6:21pm On Apr 09, 2018
[quote author=solite3 post=66563395][/quote] Your question is just one but you're allowing your aggression to overshadow your judgement so please be calm when you're discussing about sacred things,remember God is the one who will judge blasphemers not you or me. Jehovah is the one all faithful men practicing pure worship witnessed for right from Abel till today.Hebrew 11:3-23,12:1 Jesus Himself witnessed for Jehovah.Revelation 1:5 It's the translators who rendered the divine name as Lord that caused the confusion, you can listen to yourself quoting God's word in the English spoken some 200 years ago "thy" "thee" "behold" whereas if you should write it down like that for an English man today he'll examine your brains! That's exactly the intention of the translators who were supporting the tradition of the Churches, they want to keep people under their tradition. So where ever you found the word Lord in capital letters in the Old Testament it's Jehovah they're referring to, of course when they now quote the same text in the New Testament there still talking about the same person but the translators are the ones you should go and arrest! Psalm 110:1-3 compared to Act 2:29-36 There Peter quote David that Jesus was made a Lord by someone greater than Jesus of course that's Jehovah!

1 Like

Re: What Is Your Reaction When Jehovah Witnesses Knock On Your Door? by Nobody: 6:38pm On Apr 09, 2018
Hairyrapunzel:

So your god had to wait 60years before he could reveal his divine name to his followers? Such a pathetic and confused god. Charles taze had to die first before he told his name in secret to Rutherford.
You now have to threaten me with your god's anger?
1st you threaten me for not following your gb orders now you say your god will be angry because I didn't use capital letter for his name. Meanwhile, you have refused to show me a verse that says Jesus Christ said that miracles will cease after the first century
Sorry that's how Jehovah chose to do things and HE has acted like that before by revealing HIS identify to Moses after the death of Abel, Enoch, Methuselah, Noah, Abraham, Isaac, Jacob and all the sons of Israel.Exodus 6:1-3 So we can't challenge HIM on HIS decisions! As for miracles which is to seize after the first century, Jesus said Apostates will perform mighty works that's enough to confuse Saints, now it's meditation that's going to help you there because if true Christians will continue to perform miracles there's no how a fake miracle can deceive them. If you're working in the printing and minting section of the Central Bank there's no way a fake money can confuse you except if you're no more having the original note with you again. Therefore Jesus has declared to His followers that later they'll not be able to perform miracles again and fake miracles if care is not taken can lead them astray! Matthew 7:21-23
Re: What Is Your Reaction When Jehovah Witnesses Knock On Your Door? by brocab: 9:37pm On Apr 09, 2018
I am a little confused, how do you line up Jesus, equal with Moses in Deuteronomy? Before I we start-allow me to write this verse. {Galatians 2:21} I do not set aside the grace of God, for if righteousness could be gained through {Moses} law, Christ died for nothing!
"Paul said: I have been crucified with Christ, and I no longer live, but Christ lives in me. The life I live in the body, I live by faith in the Son of God, who loved me and gave Himself up for me! "All authority in heaven and on earth has been given to Jesus. I assure you, Jesus and Moses didn't have the same authority, and plus if the law could save us, Christ died in vain.
Since you believe Jesus was just a prophet-like Moses-I suppose He was a sinner, just like Moses.
Riofidelio:
Hmmmmmmmmm you're not getting it my friend, God made Moses a God before Pharaoh so it was written that Moses became like God since God never appeared to Pharaoh but whatever Moses says will surely come to pass. Please it's that power bestowed on Moses that's making this possible and the same power was bestowed on Jesus before those seeing Him. That's why Moses could forewarn the Israelites that God will raise a prophet like himself in their midst, please this foretold prophet is Jesus of Nazareth.Dueteronomy 18:15-18 compared to Act 3:22 That's why He served as God just as Moses also served as God but there still remains the Almighty God who placed these two in that position both Moses and Jesus are answerable only to Jehovah! 1Corinthians 15:26-28
Re: What Is Your Reaction When Jehovah Witnesses Knock On Your Door? by Nobody: 10:15pm On Apr 09, 2018
brocab:
I am a little confused, how do you line up Jesus, equal with Moses in Deuteronomy? Before I we start-allow me to write this verse. {Galatians 2:21} I do not set aside the grace of God, for if righteousness could be gained through {Moses} law, Christ died for nothing!
"Paul said: I have been crucified with Christ, and I no longer live, but Christ lives in me. The life I live in the body, I live by faith in the Son of God, who loved me and gave Himself up for me! "All authority in heaven and on earth has been given to Jesus. I assure you, Jesus and Moses didn't have the same authority, and plus if the law could save us, Christ died in vain.
Since you believe Jesus was just a prophet-like Moses-I suppose He was a sinner, just like Moses.
NO! Jesus was a perfect person,though He served as a prophet and God simultaneously like Moses according to the scriptures.Remember His conception as in pregnancy was through the Holy Spirit and not through intercourse like every other person, so Jesus is sinless. In fact He's greater than Moses in many ways (1) He lived in heaven before. Proverbs 8:22-31 (2) He is the one through whom every single WORD of God comes.John 1:1(3) Unlike Moses He never made a single mistake(sin) because He's perfect. The similarities are what i mentioned to explain why He WAS God at a certain time just as imperfect Moses also WAS God at a certain time. Seriously Jesus is greater than anyone who ever walked on this Earth! Adam is our dead father who brought sin and death upon all humans but Jesus is our ever living father through whom we're going to gain everlasting life!(Everlasting Father Isaiah 9:6)Both Adam and Jesus are the only two human Sons of God. Luke 3:38 because they were both made perfect without sin but while Jesus maintained His perfectness Adam lost his own!
Re: What Is Your Reaction When Jehovah Witnesses Knock On Your Door? by xaggar(m): 11:35pm On Apr 09, 2018
1st Cor. 13:13. Now, however, these three remain: faith, hope, love; but the greatest of these is love.

Read from chapter 12 onwards to 13 verse 13.
It never said powerful works or miracles shall remain or continue to exist.

Now kindly tell me why you guys can't raise the dead? Why you guys can't turn water to wine, command tsunamis, hurricanes or rains causing floodings to stop? Christ miracles wasn't selective, he cured everyone who he met that had infirmities.

Dey there dey deceive yourself!

Hairyrapunzel:

That's what Jesus Christ said in the Bible. You can't change it. If you like o let your governing body interpret their own rubbish. It doesn't change Jesus words.

Bring the verse that said it's only love, faith and hope that shall remain and performing miracles will cease.
I guess it's only your magazines that will write this. I am waiting for that verse o. Or are you afraid to say there is no verse in the Bible that says such?

Lol. You think you can use verses out of context? In that case, persecution and hatred has ended since only love, faith and hope are remaining. Lol
Re: What Is Your Reaction When Jehovah Witnesses Knock On Your Door? by xaggar(m): 12:47am On Apr 10, 2018
Riofidelio:
brocab i know you're taught the miserable Trinity mystery, and those who championed this teaching agreed that it's not what they can explain but God's word is not like that otherwise God won't ask US through HIS Son to go and teach what we can't explain. Trinity is incomprehensible as it's having no root in God's word. Jesus was God because He performed so many mighty works before observers just like Moses was God before Pharaoh, notice that John 1:1 referred to our LIVING Master Lord and King in this way "the word was God" meaning while He was present with them they can all feel the presence and the mighty hand of God (Emmanuel) but as soon as He returned to heaven He sat at the right hand of the one who sent Him so He's not presently serving in that office anymore! The Holy Spirit came and many of Jesus' followers were looked upon as God just because of the presence of the Holy Spirit with them.So th Word WAS! WAS!! God just as Moses WAS God at a point in time. John cleared it by saying "the word WAS (not IS) God" Jesus is alive now in heaven it won't be appropriate to for an Apostle to refer to a living person by saying "the word was God" while He is alive.God bless you!

May Jehovah bless your ways for this insight. This write-up in particular made my night/touched my heart. I am Happy at it!
Re: What Is Your Reaction When Jehovah Witnesses Knock On Your Door? by brocab: 12:49am On Apr 10, 2018
Riofidelio:
In fact He's greater than Moses in many ways
Don't you believe in Christ-well enough to know: Jesus was not just a prophet-Jesus has been considered worthy of much greater glory and honor than Moses.
{Hebrews 3} Therefore, holy brothers and sisters, who share in the heavenly calling, [thoughtfully and attentively] consider the Apostle and High Priest whom we confessed [as ours when we accepted Him as Savior], namely, Jesus; He was faithful to Him who appointed Him [Apostle and High Priest] as Moses also was faithful in all God’s house.
The apostle Paul reiterates: “There is but one God, the Father, from whom all things came and for whom we live; and there is but one Lord, Jesus Christ, through whom all things came and through whom we live” {1 Corinthians 8:6}
In fact The scriptures tells us-He's greater than Moses in all ways.
The mystery of the triune God is difficult for you to understand, this is why you need the Spirit of the Lord to help you see this-both God the Father and Jesus are called Shepherd, Judge, and Savior. Both are called the Pierced One—in the same verse {Zechariah 12:10} Christ is the exact representation of God the Father, having the same nature {Hebrews 1:3} They are always in perfect agreement at every moment, and all three equal only One God. {Deuteronomy 6:4} There is some sense in which everything the Father does, the Son and Spirit also do, and vice versa, Jesus was divine-Moses had authority in some way, but Jesus is God all over.
Riofidelio:
NO! Jesus was a perfect person,though He served as a prophet and God simultaneously like Moses according to the scriptures.Remember His conception as in pregnancy was through the Holy Spirit and not through intercourse like every other person, so Jesus is sinless. In fact He's greater than Moses in many ways (1) He lived in heaven before. Proverbs 8:22-31 (2) He is the one through whom every single WORD of God comes.John 1:1(3) Unlike Moses He never made a single mistake(sin) because He's perfect. The similarities are what i mentioned to explain why He WAS God at a certain time just as imperfect Moses also WAS God at a certain time. Seriously Jesus is greater than anyone who ever walked on this Earth! Adam is our dead father who brought sin and death upon all humans but Jesus is our ever living father through whom we're going to gain everlasting life! Both Adam and Jesus are the only two human Sons of God. Luke 3:38 because they were both made perfect without sin but while Jesus maintained His perfectness Adam lost his own!
Re: What Is Your Reaction When Jehovah Witnesses Knock On Your Door? by brocab: 1:25am On Apr 10, 2018
This is why we need to be saved in Christ-and accept the Holy Spirit to guild us through all His teachings.
Riofidelio:
brocab i know you're taught the miserable Trinity mystery, and those who championed this teaching agreed that it's not what they can explain but God's word is not like that otherwise God won't ask US through HIS Son to go and teach what we can't explain. Trinity is incomprehensible as it's having no root in God's word.
{John 14:25-26} All this I have spoken to you while I am still with you. But the Advocate, the Holy Spirit, whom the Father will send in My name, will teach you all things and will remind you of everything I have told you.
Matter of fact, maybe you don't like the believers using the word trinity, which means, three persons of the Christian Godhead; Father, Son, and Holy Spirit.
Then you have a problem, and I suppose the only way you need to solve this problem, is get down on your knee's and repent to the Lord, asking Him to forgive you, and free you from your sinful state of mind rejecting the Word of God.
{John 17:20-23} “I do not pray for these alone, but also for those who will believe in Me through their word; that they all may be one, as You, Father, are in Me, and I in You; that they also may be one in Us, that the world may believe that You sent Me.
And the glory which You gave Me I have given them, that they may be one just as We are one: I in them, and You in Me; that they may be made perfect in one, and that the world may know that You have sent Me, and have loved them as You have loved Me.
But since the JW's don't believe in the Spirit-then your teachings could only be mumble jumble Watchtower rubbish, that of course couldn't possibly have been led by the Godhead to even think, the JW's have anything to do with God in the first place, but only on the lines of being a cult, "Yes this-I do believe..
And if you still disbelieve verbally Jesus is God, then why do you, and your bible prove otherwise in writing?
Riofidelio:
Re: What Is Your Reaction When Jehovah Witnesses Knock On Your Door? by xaggar(m): 1:28am On Apr 10, 2018
Can I get a full explanation about the reason why the bread and wine aren't eaten during the Lord's evening meal; especially with reference to the old and new covenant?
That is, its origin in the Hebrew scriptures (israel as a nation of priest) down to the Greek Scriptures (the new covenant). How and why it was changed.

Thank you and May Jehovah see your efforts!

Riofidelio:
NO! Jesus was a perfect person,though He served as a prophet and God simultaneously like Moses according to the scriptures.Remember His conception as in pregnancy was through the Holy Spirit and not through intercourse like every other person, so Jesus is sinless. In fact He's greater than Moses in many ways (1) He lived in heaven before. Proverbs 8:22-31 (2) He is the one through whom every single WORD of God comes.John 1:1(3) Unlike Moses He never made a single mistake(sin) because He's perfect. The similarities are what i mentioned to explain why He WAS God at a certain time just as imperfect Moses also WAS God at a certain time. Seriously Jesus is greater than anyone who ever walked on this Earth! Adam is our dead father who brought sin and death upon all humans but Jesus is our ever living father through whom we're going to gain everlasting life!(Everlasting Father Isaiah 9:6)Both Adam and Jesus are the only two human Sons of God. Luke 3:38 because they were both made perfect without sin but while Jesus maintained His perfectness Adam lost his own!
Re: What Is Your Reaction When Jehovah Witnesses Knock On Your Door? by xaggar(m): 1:46am On Apr 10, 2018
Brocab my guy!
You are just finding it difficult to accept the truth. But its a good thing you are asking these question. In your attempt to ridicule and discourage some, you are creating the opportunity for persons like me to Learn more and be strengthened by the TRUTH!

Deep down in you, you know riofidelio has met ur questions with very solid Scriptural backing. Its a good thing if you accept them even if not here on this forum.

brocab:
This is why we need to be saved in Christ-and accept the Holy Spirit to guild us through all His teachings.

{John 14:25-26} All this I have spoken to you while I am still with you. But the Advocate, the Holy Spirit, whom the Father will send in My name, will teach you all things and will remind you of everything I have told you.
Matter of fact, maybe you don't like the believers using the word trinity, which means, three persons of the Christian Godhead; Father, Son, and Holy Spirit.
Then you have a problem, and I suppose the only way you need to solve this problem, is get down on your knee's and repent to the Lord, asking Him to forgive you, and free you from your sinful state of mind rejecting the Word of God.
{John 17:20-23} “I do not pray for these alone, but also for those who will believe in Me through their word; that they all may be one, as You, Father, are in Me, and I in You; that they also may be one in Us, that the world may believe that You sent Me.
And the glory which You gave Me I have given them, that they may be one just as We are one: I in them, and You in Me; that they may be made perfect in one, and that the world may know that You have sent Me, and have loved them as You have loved Me.
But since the JW's don't believe in the Spirit-then your teachings could only be mumble jumble Watchtower rubbish, that of course couldn't possibly have been led by the Godhead to even think, the JW's have anything to do with God in the first place, but only on the lines of being a cult, "Yes this-I could believe..
Re: What Is Your Reaction When Jehovah Witnesses Knock On Your Door? by brocab: 2:11am On Apr 10, 2018
As a JW, you must feel how difficult it is, not allowed to read the JW's NWT bibles year after year-Do you know believing is seeing, people can steer you in the wrong direction, if we aren't careful-it is best to find bibles to interpreter, your findings.
NWT BIBLE-{Revelation 4:8, 22:20} And continuously, day and night, they say; "Holy holy holy is Jehovah God, the Almighty, who was and who is and who is coming." {Verse 20} The one who bears witness of these things says, Yes, I am coming quickly." "Amen! Come, Lord Jesus.
This is the best way to learn-is read the bible, comparing it with other bibles, everything must line up with each other, speciously when it's straight from the horses mouth-Verbally the JW's deny's their bible, but believing is seeing "Right" and if you were to ask the right questions, why the NWT Bible reads the above, then it must help you wonder why you were taught the opposite? Then maybe it may open up some new doors for you. But it is a good question to ask around your neighbourhood?
xaggar:
Can I get a full explanation about the reason why the bread and wine aren't eaten during the Lord's evening meal; especially with reference to the old and new covenant?
That is, its origin in the Hebrew scriptures (israel as a nation of priest) down to the Greek Scriptures (the new covenant). How and why it was changed.

Re: What Is Your Reaction When Jehovah Witnesses Knock On Your Door? by brocab: 2:37am On Apr 10, 2018
I am not asking you questions, I am giving you the Word of God-which of course you have refuse to have knowledge with it.
Accepting something you call truth from a JW is like falling into a pit with every chance I have..
You have refused your own bible, and you expect me to take your personal words for it.
You need to get of the wagon, and start drinking lemonade, "Really JW's don't use any bible they can call home, you retrieve your literature out of a magazine, with cartoons living with animals on some sort of an island away from the rest of the world..
And I would like to add, riofidelio is all over the place, he doesn't know the direction to take on this journey. and plus If you were to teach me anything, then at least come up with something that makes a little sense.
xaggar:
Brocab my guy!
You are just finding it difficult to accept the truth. But its a good thing you are asking these question. In your attempt to ridicule and discourage some, you are creating the opportunity for persons like me to Learn more and be strengthened by the TRUTH!

Deep down in you, you know riofidelio has met ur questions with very solid Scriptural backing. Its a good thing if you accept them even if not here on this forum.

Re: What Is Your Reaction When Jehovah Witnesses Knock On Your Door? by Nobody: 6:38am On Apr 10, 2018
xaggar:

May Jehovah bless your ways for this insight. This write-up in particular made my night/touched my heart. I am Happy at it!
Agape my brother!
Re: What Is Your Reaction When Jehovah Witnesses Knock On Your Door? by Nobody: 7:08am On Apr 10, 2018
xaggar:

If you've been attending the memorial of our Lord and King Jesus Christ annually you would have come across several speakers. But let's simplify it now, Jesus lives as a Spirit person in heaven before coming to the Earth, God chose Him to help US return to perfection under God's rule that was rejected by our first parents Adam and Eve, but His corulers must be humans chosen amongst those who already have a glimpse of God's righteous standards, that's why God arranged for a nation (Israel) to serve that purpose,Satan penetrated into their midst and contaminated their worship,before Jesus' arrival to train them specially for ruling the Earth they're already enemies of truth, so it's only few of them that accepted the special training, there are 144,000 seats God arranged for Jesus' corulers and these seats must be filled,that's why the invitation was blown open to other nationalities. The meal serves as a covenant between Jesus and those whom God chose to rule with His Son, Jerusalem supposed to be the center of God's earthly government but that's where righteous prophets were killed including Jesus so the seat was changed to where Jesus came from (heaven) that's why Jesus had to go and prepare another place for those who will rule with Him. Most of them are now in heaven only about 7,000 that's remaining worldwide,they have handed over the preaching and teaching work to US so it's all over the Earth soon the remaining ones will be taken and Jesus will come and destroy those who failed to recognize and work with them,that's why if you attend the memorial these days it's rear to see them but if you're fortunate to be where one of them attended the memorial you'll see him/her eating the emblem.
Re: What Is Your Reaction When Jehovah Witnesses Knock On Your Door? by Hairyrapunzel: 7:16am On Apr 10, 2018
xaggar:
1st Cor. 13:13. Now, however, these three remain: faith, hope, love; but the greatest of these is love.

Read from chapter 12 onwards to 13 verse 13.
It never said powerful works or miracles shall remain or continue to exist.

Now kindly tell me why you guys can't raise the dead? Why you guys can't turn water to wine, command tsunamis, hurricanes or rains causing floodings to stop? Christ miracles wasn't selective, he cured everyone who he met that had infirmities.

Dey there dey deceive yourself!

Na you dey deceive yourself. Take one verse and leave out others because governing body says you should. Show me verse you no gree.
Since miracles has ceased to exist, persecution and hatred of Christ followers ended with fur century Christians.
Governing body follower
Re: What Is Your Reaction When Jehovah Witnesses Knock On Your Door? by Nobody: 7:23am On Apr 10, 2018
xaggar:
Brocab my guy!

You don't need to worry yourself my brother over those who can't agree with you because Faith according to the Paul "is not a possession of all people" 2Thessalonians 3:2 So if some people have chosen to believe what the general public beleives as the truth well just let them be, wisdom will be justified by her children. Luke 7:35 Their pastors do warn them not to listen to US because they know that our words are powerful enough to convince them. Isaiah 54:17 compare to Act 26:28. Jesus is the word of God and in whoever Jesus lives that power is there to force you into talking because God's word (Jesus) is too much to be kept secretly. Luke 6:45

1 Like

Re: What Is Your Reaction When Jehovah Witnesses Knock On Your Door? by Hairyrapunzel: 7:26am On Apr 10, 2018
Riofidelio:
If you've been attending the memorial of our Lord and King Jesus Christ annually you would have come across several speakers. But let's simplify it now, Jesus lives as a Spirit person in heaven before coming to the Earth, God chose Him to help US return to perfection under God's rule that was rejected by our first parents Adam and Eve, but His corulers must be humans chosen amongst those who already have a glimpse of God's righteous standards, that's why God arranged for a nation (Israel) to serve that purpose,Satan penetrated into their midst and contaminated their worship,before Jesus' arrival to train them specially for ruling the Earth they're already enemies of truth, so it's only few of them that accepted the special training, there are 144,000 seats God arranged for Jesus' corulers and these seats must be filled,that's why the invitation was blown open to other nationalities. The meal serves as a covenant between Jesus and those whom God chose to rule with His Son, Jerusalem supposed to be the center of God's earthly government but that's where righteous prophets were killed including Jesus so the seat was changed to where Jesus came from (heaven) that's why Jesus had to go and prepare another place for those who will rule with Him. Most of them are now in heaven only about 7,000 that's remaining worldwide,they have handed over the preaching and teaching work to US so it's all over the Earth soon the remaining ones will be taken and Jesus will come and destroy those who failed to recognize and work with them,that's why if you attend the memorial these days it's rear to see them but if you're fortunate to be where one of them attended the memorial you'll see him/her eating the emblem.

Emblem that governing body says you should not partake in that it is only them and the ones that claim to be anointed would take. Your religion is the most hilarious. I don't even know when Jesus said is only 7000 worldwide who will partake of the emblem that will be remaining this day. Una funny.
You claim to be Christ followers yet you don't perform miracles or partake in Christ body and blood, yet you claim to be hated by all non jws because they don't obey your governing body orders or hold contrary views. Lol. Religion of bondage. How will a human being believe this crap? Because gb says all these are true you have to believe because this same gb told you you must believe them. So pathetic
Re: What Is Your Reaction When Jehovah Witnesses Knock On Your Door? by Hairyrapunzel: 7:33am On Apr 10, 2018
Riofidelio:
You don't need to worry yourself my brother over those who can't agree with you because Faith according to the Paul "is not a possession of all people" 2Thessalonians 3:2 So if some people have chosen to believe what the general public beleives as the truth well just let them be, wisdom will be justified by her children. Luke 7:35 Their pastors do warn them not to listen to US because they know that our words are powerful enough to convince them. Isaiah 54:17 compare to Act 26:28. Jesus is the word of God and in whoever Jesus lives that power is there to force you into talking because God's word (Jesus) is too much to be kept secretly. Luke 6:45
Do you guys ever read the whole chapters of those verses you quote? You will see that it has no bearing with what you assume. For you to show the verse that says that miracles will cease to exist and persecution of Jesus followers will continue, you still haven't. Lol be quoting verses not related at all.
Jesus gave his followers command while gb gave their followers command. Jesus command is discarded by gb followers. I know you will soon say I should write gb in capital letter of face the anger of your god.
Re: What Is Your Reaction When Jehovah Witnesses Knock On Your Door? by Hairyrapunzel: 7:35am On Apr 10, 2018
xaggar:
Brocab my guy!

Which truth? Truth that will change in some years time to a false statement? O boy no dey disturb yourself you are living in bondage.

2 Likes

Re: What Is Your Reaction When Jehovah Witnesses Knock On Your Door? by Nobody: 7:37am On Apr 10, 2018
Riofidelio:
Your question is just one but you're allowing your aggression to overshadow your judgement so please be calm when you're discussing about sacred things,remember God is the one who will judge blasphemers not you or me. Jehovah is the one all faithful men practicing pure worship witnessed for right from Abel till today.Hebrew 11:3-23,12:1 Jesus Himself witnessed for Jehovah.Revelation 1:5 It's the translators who rendered the divine name as Lord that caused the confusion, you can listen to yourself quoting God's word in the English spoken some 200 years ago "thy" "thee" "behold" whereas if you should write it down like that for an English man today he'll examine your brains! That's exactly the intention of the translators who were supporting the tradition of the Churches, they want to keep people under their tradition. So where ever you found the word Lord in capital letters in the Old Testament it's Jehovah they're referring to, of course when they now quote the same text in the New Testament there still talking about the same person but the translators are the ones you should go and arrest! Psalm 110:1-3 compared to Act 2:29-36 There Peter quote David that Jesus was made a Lord by someone greater than Jesus of course that's Jehovah!
my questions are still pending,
Who should you witness to Jesus or Jehovah?
Who did God call my witness in Isaiah?
Are Christians to still operate under the old covenant?
You said you follow Jesus, where did Jesus mention the name Jehovah apart from when quoted scriptures?
Re: What Is Your Reaction When Jehovah Witnesses Knock On Your Door? by Nobody: 12:29pm On Apr 10, 2018
xaggar:

God forced Pharaoh to release HIS people with a mighty hand, that night all Israelites were asked to get dressed as if prepared for a journey,a year old sheep is killed, roasted, eating with unleavened bread and bitter hearbs but the most significant is that they rub it's blood on their door post. Exodus 12:1-17 This was the covenant between God and the Israelites to release them from slavery in Egypt. But as for the Lord's meal it's totally another covenant this time between Jesus and His 144,000 corulers, they're supposed to be ONLY Israelites(Revelations 7:4-cool Due to killing of Holy prophets and finally God's Son, God condemned Jerusalem. Matthew 23:37 So after the first set were chosen from amongst Jews, the remaining will be picked from all nations to complete the number(144,000). Some of Jesus followers thought Jesus is the one to sellect,He made them to understand that His is just to train all citizens of God's Kingdom but His father chooses those to become Spirit Sons for heavenly glory.Matthew 20:20-23 These are those to partake the emblem, Paul told Christians in Corinth that anyone not part of those invited and eat out of presumption will get sick and die! 1Corinth 11:27-30 Jesus gave an illustration regarding this.Matthew 22:2-14 notice that despite the King's order to invite anyone the man who entered without a garment(Spiritual invitation to partake in the heavenly government) is thrown out!

1 Like

Re: What Is Your Reaction When Jehovah Witnesses Knock On Your Door? by Nobody: 12:36pm On Apr 10, 2018
Hairyrapunzel:

Emblem that governing body says you should not partake in that it is only them and the ones that claim to be anointed would take. Your religion is the most hilarious. I don't even know when Jesus said is only 7000 worldwide who will partake of the emblem that will be remaining this day. Una funny.
You claim to be Christ followers yet you don't perform miracles or partake in Christ body and blood, yet you claim to be hated by all non jws because they don't obey your governing body orders or hold contrary views. Lol. Religion of bondage. How will a human being believe this crap? Because gb says all these are true you have to believe because this same gb told you you must believe them. So pathetic
You're OK with your beliefs since you know that not every Church has the same doctrine and teaching, you're free to choose any of your choice. That's our own beliefs and of course not every religion claiming Christian are in agreement with your understanding, please nothing do you! Thanks may God bless you.
Re: What Is Your Reaction When Jehovah Witnesses Knock On Your Door? by Nobody: 12:54pm On Apr 10, 2018
solite3:
my questions are still pending,
Who should you witness to Jesus or Jehovah?
Who did God call my witness in Isaiah?
Are Christians to still operate under the old covenant?
You said you follow Jesus, where did Jesus mention the name Jehovah apart from when quoted scriptures?
If you're a Christian it's OK! So far you're fully convinced that you're doing the necessary things Jesus commanded.And if you have questions bordering you,you're free to welcome our brothers and sisters who keeps coming to knock your doors,humbly ask them any question and don't get annoyed while they're answering remember there are thousands of religions claiming Christian so if you're not convinced just count US as one of those churches.As for US we know to whom we belong and He is the one directing our activities, Jesus told us that many will even accuse US of been cultists, He said we shouldn't worry because that's exactly what they said to Him. Matthew 10:24,25 So we're less concerned about what you think towards US!
Re: What Is Your Reaction When Jehovah Witnesses Knock On Your Door? by Nobody: 6:28pm On Apr 10, 2018
Christianity shouldn't be about arguments,if anyone is not in agreement with another just walk away to find those who have same thoughts.If after searching you're not able to get a religious group that fits your thoughts it's OK you can stay alone and practice your own Christianity in your apartment. But those called Christians in the Bible were doing things in common so that people can identify them anywhere they're found,back almost 2000 years ago their activities was growing so fast that by now their Faith is supposed to have gone far.Today honesthearted people should be able to locate them because they're still following the instructions their founder gave them.
Re: What Is Your Reaction When Jehovah Witnesses Knock On Your Door? by Ubenedictus(m): 9:43pm On Apr 10, 2018
Riofidelio:
brocab, solite3 It's the writers that were directed by the Holy Spirit but as for translators, many of them didn't want the Bible to be translated at all! They want it to remain in a lost foregone dialect called Latin, after the first 39 books Genesis~Malachi was written in Hebrew and partly Aramaic called "Old Testament" The Apostles wrote their own inspired words in Greek 27 books Matthew~Revelations called "New Testament" then the whole 66 books were translated to Greek called "the Septuagint" as most people then were speaking Greek because Greece rules the world prior to the Roman Empire. Later when Romans became Christians the 66 books were translated to Latin the Roman language. But as these languages are dying of the the Roman Catholic Church refused to allow the Bible to be translated into other common languages.That's what led to the killings of those who wanted the Bible to be read by common people until James became King in England after the fall of the Roman Empire to England in fact that's why the Church was divided and the Anglo~Catholic Church was formed! So the Church fathers wanted to maintain many dogmas so that's why they influenced the translation and tricked James to make a decree that no other English translations be made! Please go and find out for yourselves if what i'm telling you is not so from the encyclopedia Britannica! Bible writers were truly inspired but as for the translators, they made lots and lots of costly blunders!
actually the Anglican Church broke out when the Pope refused king Henry from marrying a second wife.... it wasn't about the Bible

(1) (2) (3) ... (22) (23) (24) (25) (26) (27) (28) ... (36) (Reply)

Archaeologists Find Mt. Sinai Where God Handed Moses The 10 Commandments(Pics) / Apostle Suleman And His Wife Dancing In Ghana Church (Photos) / Video Of "Strange Ghost" At Entrance Of Synagogue Church Sent To TB Joshua

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 173
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.