Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,201,928 members, 7,980,328 topics. Date: Sunday, 20 October 2024 at 11:39 AM

Stock Market Tips For Nigerians - Investment (263) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Investment / Stock Market Tips For Nigerians (838687 Views)

Nigeria: Stock Market Rides On Elections Success, Gains N178 Billion / Stock Market: Questions And Answers / Nigerian Banks, Stockbrokers, And Services For Nigerians Abroad (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (260) (261) (262) (263) (264) (265) (266) ... (793) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by invisible2(m): 4:33pm On Dec 20, 2007
Read somewhere that investors in Globe reinsurance PP will have a long time to wait before they know their fate. NAICOM has refused to recertify them and there is some confusion as to the real situation of things.
Any Globe shareholder here?
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by 2Rich4U(m): 4:37pm On Dec 20, 2007
What do you guys think of the Costain offer?

Your help and insight will be greatly appreciated !
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by ngegy: 5:02pm On Dec 20, 2007
Hi guys,

I`m thinking that this is a very good time to buy UBA, the stock is offering a price low that usually occur after a bonus declaration. Now you can have the low price without dilution of stocks like first bank and even zenith. any contrary opinions?
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by Naijadr: 5:42pm On Dec 20, 2007
ngegy I agree, I bought mine at N50, and if I had more capital now would get more. I calculated the fair value of UBA to be around N62.5, so this is a case of it being seriously undervalued. Given their new products and in a bull's market, it could very well get as high as N65-68 before settling down.

Diamond Bank appears to also be seriously undervalued, I've its fair value as calculated to be about N37, in which case thats double what it is right now.
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by easimoni(m): 6:39pm On Dec 20, 2007
tobaaro:

Hi,

I heard about the National Sports Lottery Shares. Does this Intellectual House have any recommendations as regards the purchase of this shares??

I'll have to see some results history or a prospectus to get some sense of what the relative value (or price forecast) is. If anyone has seen any results, pls share.
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by SegunTX(m): 7:09pm On Dec 20, 2007
Ok someone needs to fill me in. Still in the States, but have a vested interested in Nigeria. I want to invest in Naija, but do not know how to go about it. I appreciate you all for the contributions you have up here, but how would someone like me start??
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by NBA(m): 7:25pm On Dec 20, 2007
@SegunTx

You are lucky you found this thread. I would suggest start from the first post (I did), you will learn so much and find links to other resources. Then you need to pick a stockbroker. Another link that may help since you are in the states is this. https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria/topic-79353.0.html

Good luck!
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by DisGuy: 7:25pm On Dec 20, 2007
SegunTX:

Ok someone needs to fill me in. Still in the States, but have a vested interested in Nigeria. I want to invest in Naija, but do not know how to go about it. I appreciate you all for the contributions you have up here, but how would someone like me start??

you can start HERE
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by tufe(m): 7:36pm On Dec 20, 2007
@ dgurl
I heard that nospecto paid off some small time investors, but as for the big timers which i believe you are referring to, right now, there's no hope in sight. The CBN claimed that it is not within their jurisdiction to enforce the payment of investors funds.
Really sad news, i'm sure you will agree, but ABEG ooo,no allow the thing way you down in anyway. People have lost big dough there, but we should try to put it behind us and move, wink wink wink
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by 2Rich4U(m): 8:56pm On Dec 20, 2007
People please respond, I have someone going to Naija on saturday I need to know if to send money or not, my question below

What do you guys think of the Costain offer?

What of Aiico insurance?

What do you guys think about these two IPO's?

Your help and insight will be greatly appreciated !
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by samenet(m): 9:30pm On Dec 20, 2007
Hi everybody, i have been of and on following this thread, i must say its quite eye opening and educative, loaded with financial intelligence. Kudos , keep it up.
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by samenet(m): 9:36pm On Dec 20, 2007
Hi everybody, i have been of and on following this thread, i must say its quite eye-opening and educative, loaded with financial intelligence. Kudos , keep it up.
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by SegunTX(m): 9:38pm On Dec 20, 2007
@NBA and Dis Guy

Thaks to both of you for the information, you provided,
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by SegunTX(m): 9:44pm On Dec 20, 2007
@ NBA

Please I have a question for you. What is your take on IBTC as a company, and AIMS Asset MGT? Do you have any information on any of these two companies?
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by arsenal4va(m): 10:06pm On Dec 20, 2007
why isnt this site opening www.nigerianstockexchange.com ??
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by NBA(m): 10:27pm On Dec 20, 2007
SegunTX:

@ NBA

Please I have a question for you. What is your take on IBTC as a company, and AIMS Asset MGT? Do you have any information on any of these two companies?

@SegunTx,

I haven't used either company but I trust someone here will respond. I do know IBTC requires N10 mil to open a Stockbroking account and has a solid research department.
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by NBA(m): 10:33pm On Dec 20, 2007
arsenal4va:

site must be down, can't get to it myself.
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by bigjay01(m): 10:44pm On Dec 20, 2007
arsenal4va:

Dont ask me why, but this site generally tends to be down during holidays. I've noticed this trend myself. I bet it'll be up and running 2mo
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by FatherOF2: 11:03pm On Dec 20, 2007
http://www.cscsnigerialtd.com/forms/good_to_subscribe.pdf

What is the Clearing House number?

It is a unique code that consists of numbers and alphabets generated by the CSCS to uniquely identify a client

http://www.nse-cscstradealert.com/FAQ.htm
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by Robroy: 2:29am On Dec 21, 2007
http://www.sunnewsonline.com/webpages/news/businessnews/2007/dec/21/business-21-12-2007-001.htm

Does this mean that UBA is going to fly beyond my reach? If CDB is actually buying into the bank,
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by Naijadr: 5:25am On Dec 21, 2007
Rob-roy:

http://www.sunnewsonline.com/webpages/news/businessnews/2007/dec/21/business-21-12-2007-001.htm

Does this mean that UBA is going to fly beyond my reach? If CDB is actually buying into the bank,

UBA was going to do good without this news, its not anywhere near its fair value of about N62.5, so I wouldnt hold off much longer, its not dropping any lower than what it is now.
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by tonyjon(m): 6:12am On Dec 21, 2007
FatherOF2:

http://www.cscsnigerialtd.com/forms/good_to_subscribe.pdf

What is the Clearing House number?

It is a unique code that consists of numbers and alphabets generated by the CSCS to uniquely identify a client

http://www.nse-cscstradealert.com/FAQ.htm

The explanation above does not mean that it is your CSCS account number.

Peace.
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by naomi101: 8:02am On Dec 21, 2007
@invinsible, yes, i bought globe ins shares in the millions and i paid 1Naira each. I bought from afribank in aug 07, even had to see somebody cus it was supposed to have closed.Left naija soon after. No info from source of purchase.

Anyway, have u guys got info on union assurance?Heard the pp is still possible.If so, at what price?
Pardon me guys, i just started investing in stocks in nigeria.Have been engrossed in real estate in the U S & Canada.Got badly burnt in the U S.

Will need guidiance from you guys.

Suggestion-why dont you guys form a charitable foundation so that those of us who go ahead and benefit from your info, ideas, suggestions, analysis,techniques,etc can show our appreciation by voluntarily donating something to the foundation. The selfless daddies and mummies should also form the governing body.
I RESPECT YOU ALL, including the pple that ask the questions that we all end up benefitting from.

I goy to know of this site only 2 weeks ago and gosh, i wish i had seen it earlier, i wound have done things differently.
thx guys.
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by invisible2(m): 8:08am On Dec 21, 2007
I dunno what to do now, my wapic ins. has added just 10% and my target is 25& before I sell. Now am trying to sell it at 105 profits and jump into UBA with the money, how soon can UBA give me 25%?
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by Naijadr: 8:50am On Dec 21, 2007
naomi101:

@invinsible, yes, i bought globe ins shares in the millions and i paid 1Naira each. I bought from afribank in aug 07, even had to see somebody cus it was supposed to have closed.Left naija soon after. No info from source of purchase.

Anyway, have u guys got info on union assurance?Heard the pp is still possible.If so, at what price?
Pardon me guys, i just started investing in stocks in nigeria.Have been engrossed in real estate in the You S & Canada.Got badly burnt in the You S.

Will need guidiance from you guys.

Suggestion-why don't you guys form a charitable foundation so that those of us who go ahead and benefit from your info, ideas, suggestions, analysis,techniques,etc can show our appreciation by voluntarily donating something to the foundation. The selfless daddies and mummies should also form the governing body.
I RESPECT YOU ALL, including the people that ask the questions that we all end up benefitting from.

I goy to know of this site only 2 weeks ago and gosh, i wish i had seen it earlier, i wound have done things differently.
thx guys.

hey naomi, I think the best thing for you to buy on the secondary market, for which you'll need a broker. I take it you are either in US or Canada, so this thread here would be beneficial
https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria/topic-79353.0.html
I'm in the US and use UBA NRN's prog cause it also lets me have a bank acct as well as a stock broking acct

dont be so quick to get private placements or public offers as the latter tend to be oversubscribed, and they keep your money interest free for months even if they have to return it
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by invisible2(m): 9:50am On Dec 21, 2007
@ Naijadr, I gave up PP, PO, IPO etc since I discovered that the issuers usually have another agenda different from raising capital for business expansion. They also unnessarily tie up your money for months with no consideration for interest.

The secondary market has been my hunting ground for upwards of a year now.
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by samstone4(m): 12:15pm On Dec 21, 2007
@2rich4U

I will buy both Costain and AIICO offers.
The problem will be oversubscription.
I am sure both are very good buys at the prices.
There is also another dimension to Costain that I am not privileged to but the word is to buy.

@ Nairalanders [i][/i][b][/b]Re: CSCS Number

Just got word from my brokers:

If the name of your brokers is enterred, use the numeric CSCS otherwise use the alphanumeric number.

I take this to simply be you can use the alphanumeric all the time.

Samstone4 cool cool cool
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by tiwantiwa: 12:18pm On Dec 21, 2007
Ololufemi,, and other Zenith ,

heard zenith is slashing staff salary , hope this will not affect the PO ,

https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria/topic-101460.32.html
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by blueband(m): 12:28pm On Dec 21, 2007
What is behind the dip in FCMB share price.I fear it might lose close to 1 naira today again.
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by MyPeace(f): 12:31pm On Dec 21, 2007
Just got word from my brokers:

If the name of your brokers is enterred, use the numeric CSCS otherwise use the alphanumeric number.

I take this to simply be you can use the alphanumeric all the time.

Samstone4 cool cool cool
[quote][/quote]

l also learnt its alph-numeric too
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by adeyinkat: 12:33pm On Dec 21, 2007
@All

Pls dont tell me people have gone on a holiday on this forum! Kai, peeps have made more than enough and are cooling off enjoying their loot @ Xmas!

Well if there's anyone left who can give a candid advise on AIICo PO, it'll be highly appreciated. wink

I know AIICo will be feeling that this PO was ill-timed cos they were on TS when the other Ins coys took off on a bulls run, but good for folks like me to cash in and enjoy triple digit %age gain. Forecasts earnings look a bit ambitious but what with the recap money and their new foray into Oil & Gas, Does AIICo look too good to be true?
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by FatherOF2: 1:09pm On Dec 21, 2007
@invincible,tonyjon,ola007,walcolm

HAVE YOU CALLED YOUR BROKERS?.

(1) (2) (3) ... (260) (261) (262) (263) (264) (265) (266) ... (793) (Reply)

Mutual Funds / MBA Investors Forum / Crypto Currency Investors Thread

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 48
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.