Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,184,507 members, 7,923,800 topics. Date: Saturday, 17 August 2024 at 02:52 PM

Stock Market Tips For Nigerians - Investment (265) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Investment / Stock Market Tips For Nigerians (830213 Views)

Nigeria: Stock Market Rides On Elections Success, Gains N178 Billion / Stock Market: Questions And Answers / Nigerian Banks, Stockbrokers, And Services For Nigerians Abroad (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (262) (263) (264) (265) (266) (267) (268) ... (793) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by Omoba3(m): 11:42pm On Dec 21, 2007
Ola007:

what's the minimum to open an account?

N500k
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by hbrednic: 12:56am On Dec 22, 2007
good service and almost the best research unit out-there,
count on FSDH SEC.
very fast in carrying out orders.(through e-mails aswell).sends daily market reports to ur mail.
downside: you need N5million to register.
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by hispy99(m): 4:24am On Dec 22, 2007
@kpineo,

Can you please post the bid/offer position for Friday?

Thanks
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by SavvyLanre: 6:17am On Dec 22, 2007
toyibanj:

I use Zenith and i'm very happy with them. I don't get advice from them. Just buy and sell only.

Ask Zenith to subscribe you to the market updates and weekly reports, They have some outlooks and suggested recommendations for good stock on the short and long term.
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by hardMoney: 8:11am On Dec 22, 2007
Merry Christmas fellow Nairalanders!
I have very urgent question about Costain Rights Issue. I have not received an invitation for the Rights Issue and the deadline is fast approaching. I am scared I might not receive the form on time and I’m beginning to think that Costain pople may have intended it that way. Please fellow Nairalanders what should I do to obtain the form? The Holiday season is at hand and almost impossible to contact Costain and I am outside Nigeria. I was very unlucky to have bought the stock at high of 20 naira and looking for ways to narrow down my losses.
Some kind NSM member had uploaded the blank Rights Offer form but upon filling the form I noticed that it should have been addressed to a particular share holder stating number of shares offered.
Question:
Is it possible for me to use this form (not addressed to me). I know the offer is for 13 shares for every 4 share already acquired. So, I know my total rights offer.

GURUS in the house and students, please help this desperate brother.
Best wishes for the Christmas and Happy New year. May our pockets never run empty! Nairalandars una too much!
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by samstone4(m): 8:55am On Dec 22, 2007
hardMoney:

Merry Christmas fellow Nairalanders!
I have very urgent question about Costain Rights Issue. I have not received an invitation for the Rights Issue and the deadline is fast approaching. I am scared I might not receive the form on time and I’m beginning to think that Costain popeopleay have intended it that way. Please fellow Nairalanders what should I do to obtain the form? The Holiday season is at hand and almost impossible to contact Costain and I am outside Nigeria. I was very unlucky to have bought the stock at high of 20 naira and looking for ways to narrow down my losses.
Some kind NSM member had uploaded the blank Rights Offer form but upon filling the form I noticed that it should have been addressed to a particular share holder stating number of shares offered.
Question:
Is it possible for me to use this form (not addressed to me). I know the offer is for 13 shares for every 4 share already acquired. So, I know my total rights offer.

GURUS in the house and students, please help this desperate brother.
Best wishes for the Christmas and Happy New year. May our pockets never run empty! Nairalandars una too much!

@Hardmoney
I am in the same position.

Authorised my brokers to collect my rights circular but was told to wait for the circular to arrive before trying to get copy if it does not arrive.

My suggestion is to fill in the blank circular that you have but be sure to write your correct account number with the registrar and your name exactly as it is on the certificate.

Can you please paste a link to the source of the blank rights circular so that others like me can get these[i][/i].

Samstone4 cool cool
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by invisible2(m): 9:16am On Dec 22, 2007
texas543:

On the toolbar, u will see insert hyperlink, this is directly above the smileys, just click it and paste the link in between.

Click insert quote on top of the message you want to make reference to

Thanks texas 543, I have gotten to the stage of seeing the hyperlink, but how do I lift the message I want to attach and use it with the hyperlink so it will not paste an entire webpage, I want to paste the link only.
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by samstone4(m): 9:46am On Dec 22, 2007
@ Nairalanders

Rights circular for Costain can be downloaded from:

[/b][/i]www.cashcraft.com[b][i]

Samstone4 cool cool cool cool
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by bigjay01(m): 9:51am On Dec 22, 2007
@All

Do you know why it is taking my broker more than 5 trading days (and counting) to get 20K units of Bank PHB from the floor. Is it to be expected or are they being lax about it?

Is it better to cancel this mandate and substitute it with FCMB (or any other stock?)?

Replies please
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by invisible2(m): 10:09am On Dec 22, 2007
bigjay01:

@All

Do you know why it is taking my broker more than 5 trading days (and counting) to get 20K units of Bank PHB from the floor. Is it to be expected or are they being lax about it?

Is it better to cancel this mandate and substitute it with FCMB (or any other stock?)?

Replies please

For me, I am placing an order to buy FCMB t its current price, before many ppl will find out the hidden value, but bank stocks now ? with the guardian newspaper publication of wed. 19th dec 2007 as forwarded by cashcraft. Look at cashcrafts website for further reading.
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by Naijadr: 11:24am On Dec 22, 2007
bigjay01:

@All

Replies please
given the dec season, not surprising at all. If its UBA which I believe u use, they prob already have purchased some gradually, but prob havent got all 20k units just yet in which case u wouldnt be able to cancel the whole thing.

@invisible, u'll be surprised just how many people read this board, dont be surprised if it moves up grin
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by egoldman(m): 11:36am On Dec 22, 2007
I DON START TO ACCEPT XMAS GIFT OO. LIKE RECHARGE CARD, ALL STARS CONVERSE, HACKETT, MARKERS, LAPTOP E.T.C MAKE UNA START TO SEND UNA OWN TO AVOID RUSH. lol MERRY XMAS grin grin grin cheesy cheesy
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by bigjay01(m): 11:50am On Dec 22, 2007
Naijadr:

given the dec season, not surprising at all. If its UBA which I believe u use, they prob already have purchased some gradually, but prob havent got all 20k units just yet in which case u wouldnt be able to cancel the whole thing.

@invisible, u'll be surprised just how many people read this board, don't be surprised if it moves up grin

Yes oooo, I use UBAS, as of yesterday I asked my relationship officer for an update and all she said "I'll let you know when its done". Am I not supposed to know what proportion (if any) has been bought. I am just worried that I might end up not getting it and at the same time miss out on other good entry prices.
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by Naijadr: 12:01pm On Dec 22, 2007
bigjay01:

Yes oooo, I use UBAS, as of yesterday I asked my relationship officer for an update and all she said is "I'll let you know when its done". Am I not supposed to know if what proportion (if any) has been bought. I am just worried that I might end up not getting it and at the same time miss out on other good entry prices.

since the mandate was for 20k based on my experience what happens is that I wont be surprised if they might have purchased it all but the relationship officer is waiting for the broker to alert him/her. Did you put a price limit on your order? If you didnt, next time do so it'll help.

Not quite sure, but i imagine working hrs are very slow this time of yr. My rel officer emailed me today and i was surprised to see he was working sat b4 christmas. At this point, u prob wont get an update till monday or thursday since tuesday and wed are holidays.
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by bigjay01(m): 12:04pm On Dec 22, 2007
invisible!:

but bank stocks now ? with the guardian newspaper publication of wed. 19th dec 2007 as forwarded by cashcraft. Look at cashcrafts website for further reading.

The more i read this article on the Guardian the more I get worried about this spate of capitalisation and recapitalisation, PO upon PO of banks. I strongly suspect round-tripping and you know what follows if this is the case. If in doubt check the case of the energy companies Enron, CMS Energy, Reliant Energy, and Dynegy in the US. If founded, then be afriad, be very very afraid.
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by bigjay01(m): 12:07pm On Dec 22, 2007
Naijadr:

Did you put a price limit on your order? If you didnt, next time do so it'll help.

Yes, I did state clearly (TS price of N25.51)
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by MrRisky: 12:18pm On Dec 22, 2007
No seems to be talking about the yesterday release of OCEANIC BANK Full Year Result and the excellent 3rd quarter result of BETA GLASS. They for me hold some prospects
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by egoldman(m): 12:22pm On Dec 22, 2007
Mr. Risky:

No seems to be talking about the yesterday release of OCEANIC BANK Full Year Result and the excellent 3rd quarter result of BETA GLASS. They for me hold some prospects

i see , you got some link for the oceanic results ?
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by MrRisky: 12:28pm On Dec 22, 2007
egoldman:

OCEANIC
2007 Turn Over 74.9bn PAT 17.5bn
2006 Turn Over 44.6bn PAT 9.2bn
88.59% PAT growth

BETA GLASS
2007 Turn Over 5.4bn PAT N514m
2006 Turn Over 3.6bn PAT N235m
118.7%PAT growth

Men it looks cool to me
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by MrRisky: 12:28pm On Dec 22, 2007
egoldman:

OCEANIC Full Year
2007  Turn Over  74.9bn  PAT  17.5bn
2006  Turn Over  44.6bn  PAT   9.2bn
88.59% PAT growth

BETA GLASS 3rd Quarter
2007  Turn Over 5.4bn  PAT  N514m
2006  Turn Over 3.6bn  PAT  N235m
118.7%PAT growth

Men it looks cool to me
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by egoldman(m): 1:18pm On Dec 22, 2007
sources plz wink wink
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by MrRisky: 1:28pm On Dec 22, 2007
Afrinvest

Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by texas543(m): 2:41pm On Dec 22, 2007
invisible!:

Thanks texas 543, I have gotten to the stage of seeing the hyperlink, but how do I lift the message I want to attach and use it with the hyperlink so it will not paste an entire webpage, I want to paste the link only.

Open the webpage u want to link to, copy the url address and paste it between that hyperlink. Its just the link that will show on your messsage but if clicked, it will be directed to that webpage.
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by invisible2(m): 2:52pm On Dec 22, 2007
Good as this result will seem, large as this dividend will seem, I think it is still paltry compared to Oceanic's current stock price of plus N30.

What I am trying to show here is that leaving your investments for the long term is less rewarding than trading on the stocks. I remember selling my oceanic holdings at N28 around may-june this year and using the money for some fantastic trades, against my brokers advice, he seems to think oceanic is a forever good stock  cheesy

I bought some other stocks which have given me a 50% average appreciation, had I been waiting on oceanic, what I will get since then will be N1.02 for a full year?

Guys, comment on this.
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by Princesege(m): 2:58pm On Dec 22, 2007
LondonCool:

@LondonCool,

Has anyone here operated a Stock a/c with Cashcraft ? I just wanted to find out about their efficiency in transacting Stock orders. I am looking for an alternative Stock Firm to Afrinvest who have been a bit too lethargic for my liking.

Cheers !!

I have been using Cashcraft since 2001. They may not be 100% efficient but their on line facility is one of the best. The service you receive depends on your account officer. I will suggest you call their head office and demand for a good account officer who knows what is meant by prompt execution of orders, I bet you will a good experience with cashcraft.
What I did was to get Kunle in account department so that anytime I transfer money from GTB , my stock account is credited immediately or at worst the second day. This was shortlived just last week when GTB removed 3rd party transfer from their online banking platform, very painful and disappointing I must confess. Also I follow up with email and I have been getting a good response. I remember when I bought NEM in November, it took just a day to carry out my order. So Londoncool, it all depends on your account officer and the market of the day at NSE. If you want to give a shot, go ahead and try it yourself.
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by shigidi(m): 3:19pm On Dec 22, 2007
invisible, people have diferent objectives, some feel the longterm approach will always come good, if you hold oceanic till next year, it shold be 50 by then. trading is always more lucrative but also more risky.
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by invisible2(m): 3:33pm On Dec 22, 2007
@ Shigidi, I figured that next year’s price into the equation, supposing that after doing one or two trades, I came right back and picked up oceanic at the same N28 which I sold it? (Oceanic was selling for 28plus last week)
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by enurayce: 3:47pm On Dec 22, 2007
Pls i need response from u all ASAP.Whats the current lending rate in Nigeria and whats the total amount that i'll pay back for borrowing 1m for either 6months or i year.waiting for all your response.
thanks
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by bigjay01(m): 4:08pm On Dec 22, 2007
invisible!:

@ Shigidi, I figured that next year’s price into the equation, supposing that after doing one or two trades, I came right back and picked up oceanic at the same N28 which I sold it? (Oceanic was selling for 28plus last week)

this is on the assumption that the price of Oceanic will remain static whilst other prices appreciate? Sounds like wishful thinking or pipe dream at best. Remember the quote "I have never met anyone who could predict the future trend of the market - except liars!!! Bernard Baruch"
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by hbrednic: 4:09pm On Dec 22, 2007
lending rate varies from bank to bank,
but the average u can get is 20%.if you intend using it on stocks,you have - +3, 4%more.
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by Princesege(m): 4:13pm On Dec 22, 2007
ngegy:

Fidelity union securities is also very good, you can give buy\sell orders online and they`ll buy even if you don't have enough money in your account. I`ll say i`m satisfied with their services.

@ngegy.
Could you tell us how fast FUS reponds to your sell/buy order. Emphasis on sell orders please. I will like to have a second broker . Although Cashcraft is not doing bad for me at the moment but I need a back up. UBA or FUS?
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by Deoba: 4:15pm On Dec 22, 2007
I have Eurocomm securities as my brocker.The company is efficient. The company takes order from on-line.I have been with this company since 5 years ago and i don't regret having Eurocomm as my brocker.I don't live in the country but i  buy and sell as if, i am living in Nigeria.I am happy with their services

(1) (2) (3) ... (262) (263) (264) (265) (266) (267) (268) ... (793) (Reply)

Mutual Funds / MBA Investors Forum / Crypto Currency Investors Thread

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 67
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.