Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,171,413 members, 7,881,511 topics. Date: Friday, 05 July 2024 at 09:50 PM

Stock Market Tips For Nigerians - Investment (297) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Investment / Stock Market Tips For Nigerians (822807 Views)

Nigeria: Stock Market Rides On Elections Success, Gains N178 Billion / Stock Market: Questions And Answers / Nigerian Banks, Stockbrokers, And Services For Nigerians Abroad (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (294) (295) (296) (297) (298) (299) (300) ... (793) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by shigidi(m): 8:52pm On Jan 07, 2008
@ easimoni, do you think this unity ban is any good. im not sure i want to go in there
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by shigidi(m): 8:52pm On Jan 07, 2008
@ easimoni, do you think this unity bank is any good. im not sure i want to go in there
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by NBA(m): 8:54pm On Jan 07, 2008
yodiyokun:

@NBA,

are you now using UBA stockbrokers? if you are what is their service like?

@Easimoni,

I beg who is your account officer at Lead? I am getting frsutrated with their services.

No response to emails, even when I call , the guy keeps telling me he is not in the office yet at 7pm Naija time and that he will reply my email later - no show.

All my orders in the last 3 weeks have not been executed - and no explaination.

The last sum of money I paid into GTB took a week be4 they credited my stockbroking account and this was after calling many times oo.

I am extremely fed up, I have  alot in cash now and they just keep bungling up my opportunities to buy, its absolutely ridiculous.

I still want to inject more capital but this is highly discouraging.

@All I just needed somewhere to Vent.

If not that the likes of FSDH are out of my reach presently?

anyone with ideas?

yodi

@Yodiyokun

I just opened the account for wifey and got these today, I haven't run it yet.

About your stockbroker, kpele O! I don't have these issues with Vetiva, so far anyway. The service may not be personal (no dedicated account officer) but the advantage is someone always responds since several people receive the email requests. They also execute orders placed on-line before 9 am sameday.
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by pumping777(m): 8:57pm On Jan 07, 2008
Woeful result from Evans Medical.

EVANS MEDICAL PLC
UNAUDITED Q-3 RESULTS FOR THE PERIOD ENDED SEPTEMBER 30, 2007
PERIOD 2007 2006 ABSOLUTE CHANGE %CHANGE
TURNOVER (N'b) 2.47 2.37 0.10 4.3%
PBT (N'm) -13.58 206.55 -220.128 -106.6%
TAXATION (N'm) nil 66.10 66.1 100.0%
PAT (N'm) -13.58 140.46 -154.031 -109.7%
Net Profit Margin -5.49% 5.93%
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by nazzyon(m): 8:58pm On Jan 07, 2008
Please, apart from Zenith which other IPO is out now?
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by pumping777(m): 9:00pm On Jan 07, 2008
shigidi:

@ easimoni, do you think this unity bank is any good. im not sure i want to go in there

Unity is not any good based on info we have right now but if they are doing PO in March there is money to be made. I expect a solid interimi result to be posted to entice prospective investors.
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by pumping777(m): 9:02pm On Jan 07, 2008
shigidi:

omo insurance die today oooo. i hope i can sell my UNIC tomorrow at a reasonable price. will go back to it later.
i hope t0 get more UBA tomorrow,
@ YODIYOKUN, ps have u received your UBA CERTIFICATE. PLS HOLLA .

Two uphill tasks.

This will be a true test for your broker. If they can sell UNIC for you tomorrow at a reasonalbe price and get you UBA at any price, they have passed the acid test grin ; grin
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by yodiyokun(f): 9:04pm On Jan 07, 2008
NBA:

@Yodiyokun

I just opened the account for wifey and got these today, I haven't run it yet.

About your stockbroker, kpele O! I don't have these issues with Vetiva, so far anyway. The service may not be personal (no dedicated account officer) but the advantage is someone always responds since several people receive the email requests. They also execute orders placed on-line before 9 am sameday.

@NBA,

Thanks. Please give a feedback when you start running the account.

Vetiva - I never get 1M yet, but seriously It may be worth it. I am not ready to put my hard earned money for someone to be doing me anyhow, at least they are doing me no favours abi them no dey get commission.

But I like the idea that you send emails to a pool of people, then you are not cut off if your account officer goes on vacation, which is what happened to me last month.
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by yodiyokun(f): 9:06pm On Jan 07, 2008
pumping777:

Two uphill tasks.

This will be a true test for your broker. If they can sell UNIC for you tomorrow at a reasonalbe price and get you UBA at any price, they have passed the acid test grin ; grin

I placed an order for UBA since like 3 weeks ago -- and i have been constantly doing that now, no word oo.

O ti sumi
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by Nobody: 9:09pm On Jan 07, 2008
IBTC MARKETWATCH 7TH JANUARY 2008

Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by pumping777(m): 9:10pm On Jan 07, 2008
yodiyokun:

I placed an order for UBA since like 3 weeks ago -- and i have been constantly doing that now, no word oo.

O ti sumi

That one is gross broker incompetence unless you were bidding below the closing price in the hope of buying at a "discount".

Pele. You should vex for them well well. A lot of money was made in the last 3 weeks.
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by shigidi(m): 9:14pm On Jan 07, 2008
yodiyokun, pls have you received uba certificates?? pls reply abeg cos i still havent gotten mine
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by naomi101: 9:21pm On Jan 07, 2008
@all
I got an email from nigeria about a letter from uba asking me to contact the registrar in lagos to pick up my share certificate.Said they did not want to put it in the mail.
Just sharing the info .
Cheers guys.
@yodi
looks like you are in canada, well i am in vancouver.Just saying hello.
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by grabdaloot(m): 9:23pm On Jan 07, 2008
Roughcut,
Spring mortage is pretty cool nothing like their bank. They actually helped me agianst all odds secure my NHF loan grin last year. On that account alone I'll score them 11 out of 10 they got me my own share of the national loot
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by yodiyokun(f): 9:26pm On Jan 07, 2008
shigidi:

yodiyokun, please have you received uba certificates?? please reply abeg because i still havent gotten mine

@shigidi,
I still spoke with my people last weekend - nothing o!. This UBA na jinx
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by yodiyokun(f): 9:33pm On Jan 07, 2008
@Easimoni,

I have sent you an email

Thanks
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by pumping777(m): 9:38pm On Jan 07, 2008
NBA:

I just started receiving these -

Thanks for this. Between you and Kpineo if you get the report for today, please share before the market opens tomorrow.
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by kpineo: 9:44pm On Jan 07, 2008
Sorry folks, work was horrendous today. no time to read.
But the news of UBA's result hit me. I actually use to work in STB while still in Nigeria. cowboy or not the UBA CEO is a great achiever. anyone with at least a one year horizon is bound to enjoy 100% profit on UBA. don't hestitate to jump on bound.

Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by yodiyokun(f): 9:55pm On Jan 07, 2008
@kpineo,

Thanks as usual, but the stock position shows the date of 4th January 2008 - is this a mistake or the one for 7th is not yet available?
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by grabdaloot(m): 10:04pm On Jan 07, 2008
NBA,

appreciate the daily stock positions you send out. Could you get in touch with the source because it seems that not all the shares traded on the NSE are listed on the stock positions for instance I can't seem to ever see AGLEVENT, LIVESTOCK, etc on it. Would have loved to know the position of these stocks
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by kpineo: 10:05pm On Jan 07, 2008
yodiyokun:

@kpineo,

Thanks as usual, but the stock position shows the date of 4th January 2008 - is this a mistake or the one for 7th is not yet available?

i just noticed that. i checked the other attached figures and they check out fine. i will like to assume someone made a mistake with the date, lipsrsealed
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by abocana: 10:08pm On Jan 07, 2008
Naomi101, I am  also residing here in vancouver,canada. I wouldn't know,if u wanna talk about  stocks. on the phone.

Holla back and i can give u my e-mail address.

Thanks.
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by pumping777(m): 10:09pm On Jan 07, 2008
kpineo:

i just noticed that. i checked the other attached figures and they check out fine. i will like to assume someone made a mistake with the date, lipsrsealed

Yes, I think it is a mistake. The one for 4th of Janauary is on the website and it is different from this one.

Thanks!!
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by grabdaloot(m): 10:18pm On Jan 07, 2008
I am missing something here. How can dunlop be on strong bid according to the daily stock position and still end up on the losers?? Can someone please help explain this one to me cos I never see am before
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by debenzd(f): 10:26pm On Jan 07, 2008
@ yodiyokun

Kindly get in touch with the following personnel at Lead Capital

Bunmi - Phone no - 07028040004.

She will appreciate your phone call and should be able to sort you out.
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by pumping777(m): 10:45pm On Jan 07, 2008
grabdaloot:

I am missing something here. How can dunlop be on strong bid according to the daily stock position and still end up on the losers?? Can someone please help explain this one to me because I never see am before

From what I understand the closing price depends on the last trade. There could be high bids on the floor but at prices below this closing price. Sometimes I wonder if some folks can use this to manipulate the market.

Of course if it is a serious bid, a higher price may be offered tomorrow but then if the bidder does not value the stock at a higher price, the low bid is maintained in case prices drop tomorrow.

From my observation, the fact that a stock closed on high net bid today does not mean it will rise in price tomorrow or vice versa. Remember that new bids and offers will be introduced into the mix on the next trading day especially if the closing price today becomes favourable to buyers or sellers.
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by hispy99(m): 10:48pm On Jan 07, 2008
grabdaloot:

I am missing something here. How can dunlop be on strong bid according to the daily stock position and still end up on the losers?? Can someone please help explain this one to me because I never see am before

@gradaloot
The way i interprete the report is as follows:  The report shows only demand and supply of a stock, and not necessarily the price at which teh buyer wants to buy, or teh seller wants to sell.  So it's possible for the strong demand to be from buyers that have put in bids that are below the stock's current price and drive down the price of the stock.
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by grabdaloot(m): 10:52pm On Jan 07, 2008
Thank pumping for your response. I have actually been reseraching the issue and most of the text i've read up on issue indicates that the mechanics are at work. Placing huge bids at a price cap (presumably a lower price than the previous close price) I guess peeps should roll up thier sleeves and watch this one closely
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by bigjay01(m): 10:58pm On Jan 07, 2008
@

Techical analysis pro & deluxe (with over 30 indicators) have finally been released on www.nigeriansecurities.com. The data set goes as far back as 2 years
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by oawele: 11:00pm On Jan 07, 2008
@fatherof2
which charts do you use to determine buy and sell points?
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by barge(m): 11:00pm On Jan 07, 2008
yodiyokun:

@NBA,

are you now using UBA stockbrokers? if you are what is their service like?

@Easimoni,

I beg who is your account officer at Lead? I am getting frsutrated with their services.

No response to emails,  even when I call , the guy keeps telling me he is not in the office yet at 7pm Naija time and that he will reply my email later - no show.

All my orders in the last 3 weeks have not been executed - and no explaination.

The last sum of money I paid into GTB took a week be4 they credited my stockbroking account and this was after calling many times oo.

I am extremely fed up, I have  alot in cash now and they just keep bungling up my opportunities to buy, its absolutely ridiculous.

I still want to inject more capital but this is highly discouraging.

@All I just needed somewhere to Vent.

If not that the likes of FSDH are out of my reach presently?

anyone with ideas?

yodi

@ YY

I feel u cos i have an account with them but not for trading .I posted on this some pages back when i barged into a conversation between you and easi. Its  impossible clap with one hand . Isuggest you try afrinvest . I could give you the details of my account officers.
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by oawele: 11:06pm On Jan 07, 2008
@pumping777
i sent you a mail earlier.
i need to speak with you.
if you don`t mind can i have you mobile no so that i can give you a call.
you can send it to awezie at yahoo dot com if you don`t want to make it public.
thanks.

(1) (2) (3) ... (294) (295) (296) (297) (298) (299) (300) ... (793) (Reply)

Mutual Funds / MBA Investors Forum / Crypto Currency Investors Thread

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 56
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.