Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,200,943 members, 7,976,547 topics. Date: Wednesday, 16 October 2024 at 09:50 AM

Stock Market Tips For Nigerians - Investment (330) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Investment / Stock Market Tips For Nigerians (838187 Views)

Nigeria: Stock Market Rides On Elections Success, Gains N178 Billion / Stock Market: Questions And Answers / Nigerian Banks, Stockbrokers, And Services For Nigerians Abroad (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (327) (328) (329) (330) (331) (332) (333) ... (793) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by bigjay01(m): 5:06pm On Jan 15, 2008
tonyjon:

Naijadr,

How u dey?. Any news from UBA Stockbrokers ?. I sent a mail to their MD (Haruna Jalo-Waziri) this morning, I believe things will change for the better very soon because I was informed that a lot of their customers are complaining about their services. Yet to hear from Vetiva.

Peace.

Did you get the mail I forwarded u, did the MD reply to your mail?, I am yet to hear from him as he promised. Maybe he is still in a meeting after 24 hours. Can i cu what u sent him?
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by MyPeace(f): 5:07pm On Jan 15, 2008
@4wheel

check nigeriansecurities.com todays price hv bn updated
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by hispy99(m): 5:10pm On Jan 15, 2008
4wheel:

I could only see the yesterday results on the page you quoted. I guess those of today are still pending as earlier stated by guys.

i got today's price b4 i posted the link on that web page
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by sweetcheek(f): 5:17pm On Jan 15, 2008
father of 2 abeg,ololufemi answer my question , which stocks do you advise i buy with like 50k. i want to buy the cheap ones apart from insurance stocks that is
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by bigjay01(m): 5:18pm On Jan 15, 2008
Naijadr:

Both, had 1 purchase through brokers, they didnt respond, I sent a reminder, got only a "Received" from them. They didnt deem it worthy to even construct a full sentence.
I sent a sale order through rep, still nothing, even just emailed him a reminder
Wish I had signed up for CSCS online service a long time ago, at least I would know whats going on, oh well at this point its either BGL (they are trying to negotiate the lower minimum for me) or Vetiva for me. Vetiva emailed me back this morning.

what if they dont give you an update on the day it was purchased and they came back on another day to say it was purchased at a price of 1.05 times the original purchase price, the same with selling price 0.95 multiplied by the orignal selling price.

Am I being 2 pessimistic? I can't put it past them
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by crazyT(m): 5:24pm On Jan 15, 2008
Fidelity is on the move o full 5% today, if you no enter the train on time you are O.Y.O. o
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by 4wheel: 5:25pm On Jan 15, 2008
hispy99:

i got today's price before i posted the link on that web page

Strange. I compared that page with yesterday's results and they were the same, that is, my stock portfolio. Cld it be my stock didn't move Tufiakwa!!!

Will try the nigeriansecurities.com site.

@MyPeace
Thanks so much.
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by pumping777(m): 5:31pm On Jan 15, 2008
4wheel:

Strange. I compared that page with yesterday's results and they were the same, that is, my stock portfolio. Cld it be my stock didn't move Tufiakwa!!!

Will try the nigeriansecurities.com site.

@MyPeace
Thanks so much.

Just use the refresh button on your browser. The browser is likely displaying a cached page. Browsers can be set this way to aid performance.
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by texas543(m): 5:33pm On Jan 15, 2008
Ololufemi, wetin dey? We no dey see your brake light again wink
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by Naijadr: 5:35pm On Jan 15, 2008
@tonyjon and bigjay
finally I got an update, my rep plied my email telling me they purchase UBA for me last week at N51.98 (sigh) and sold some of my NGC I requested at N27 (double sigh), sent that mandate when it was N29.
as God would have it, my Diamond that I requested on wed hasnt sold, as as diamond is climbing, I just send a mandate saying they should just cancel the sell mandate.
I cant wait for my new acct for real, persin go dey lose money for nothing, crazy!!
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by kpineo: 5:36pm On Jan 15, 2008
results finally out.

http://www.nigeriansecurities.com/dailyposition.php

it seems the whole country is awaiting the lifting of TS on PHB, only 389K units traded today.
Gentlemen of the house, on your marks, grin
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by hbrednic: 5:37pm On Jan 15, 2008
cement companies recieved the presidents message!!!
all in red today.(blood on the dancing floor)
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by Safive: 5:50pm On Jan 15, 2008
aktopgun
I can see you are online. Please what is hapening to dunlop and eterna oil.
cheers
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by tonyjon(m): 5:53pm On Jan 15, 2008
Naijadr:

@tonyjon and bigjay
finally I got an update, my rep plied my email telling me they purchase UBA for me last week at N51.98 (sigh) and sold some of my NGC I requested at N27 (double sigh), sent that mandate when it was N29.
as God would have it, my Diamond that I requested on wed hasnt sold, as as diamond is climbing, I just send a mandate saying they should just cancel the sell mandate.
I can't wait for my new acct for real, persin go dey lose money for nothing, crazy!!

@Naijadr,

I received my package this morning from Vetiva, I will  finalize everything on thursday and start with them full next week.

@bigjay01,

I got your mail and replied through your e-mail box. I sent a mail to their MD, yet to hear from him.

Peace.
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by Naijadr: 6:02pm On Jan 15, 2008
tonyjon:

@Naijadr,

I received my package this morning from Vetiva, I will finalize everything on thursday and start with them full next week.

Great! I'm just waiting on my cousin at BGL, if they cant get anything for me by thursday, then I'll get my application at Vetiva done by next Monday and should be ready there by end of next week.
I guess in the NSE, you have to pay for great service!!
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by pumping777(m): 6:04pm On Jan 15, 2008
Chei. If UBA should slap us with PO and TS I go fight o  angry angry angry

Someone should send me the conferencing details to the AGM  grin make I go air my opinion jare.

Well. Looking on the bright side. Even if UBA lists the entire 15B shares, the forward PE is still around 20 (but add another 5 for the risk of the cowboy CEO  grin grin) making 25.
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by debojyde(m): 6:05pm On Jan 15, 2008
@ Naijadr

Are u an M.D in the U.S. If yes, how do you have time to even monitor naija,s stock market. I,m starting my residency this year by God,s grace and I hope I will have time for naija stocks because I know residency in the U.S can be very rough.

I,ll please like to know how u opened a CSCS online account from outside the  U.S and how much did it cost you. Can I tell my stockroker to open it on my behalf or do I have to fill a form here and send back to Nigeria. I couldn,t get any info on their website.
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by Ola007(m): 6:10pm On Jan 15, 2008
Naijadr:

Great! I'm just waiting on my cousin at BGL, if they can't get anything for me by thursday, then I'll get my application at Vetiva done by next Monday and should be ready there by end of next week.
I guess in the NSE, you have to pay for great service!!

Which one is BGL? and whats the minimum to open? its 1 mil for Vetiva i heard.
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by Safive: 6:15pm On Jan 15, 2008
@pumping777
If guru like you come fear UBA PO then small boys like us go run 440.
No mater the situation UBA is strong. I will send you conference details tomorrow if no body post it before then
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by Naijadr: 6:26pm On Jan 15, 2008
debojyde:

@ Naijadr

Are u an M.D in the US. If yes, how do you have time to even monitor naija,s stock market. I,m starting my residency this year by God,s grace and I hope I will have time for naija stocks because I know residency in the US can be very rough.

I,ll please like to know how u opened a CSCS online account from outside the US and how much did it cost you. Can I tell my stockroker to open it on my behalf or do I have to fill a form here and send back to Nigeria. I couldn,t get any info on their website.

Treat the NSE like a job after all it is if its making money for you, plus I don't plan on practicing medicine in the US too long for pay anyway,
Just get a PDA with internet access, and check it on the go. I've had a pda since even my college days, throw in internet access, and u have a pc on the go, best investment!
On a day to day basic, outside of reading reg naija news which I always do, nairaland is my source for main info, then I quickly log into my portfolio on nigeriansecurities, make sure its ok there.
I've a couple of friends physicians/residents/med students who trade on wall street, and we all know how risky that is, but if they can find time to do so then I sure can find time to do with NSE.
For NSE, I went to their website, signed up under register. Then downloaded and filled out form, and emailed it to my broker who will sign and submit it. Its the regular N2500 to do that. Your broker does have to sign the form so you can just ask them to do it for you.
Ola007:

Which one is BGL? and whats the minimum to open? its 1 mil for Vetiva i heard.
BGL is one of the big ones along side Zenith, Vetiva and co. Its minimum is N5mil but they sometimes work lower minimums.
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by Nobody: 6:33pm On Jan 15, 2008
mnn
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by easimoni(m): 6:42pm On Jan 15, 2008
pumping777:

Chei. If UBA should slap us with PO and TS I go fight o angry angry angry

Someone should send me the conferencing details to the AGM grin make I go air my opinion jare.

Well. Looking on the bright side. Even if UBA lists the entire 15B shares, the forward PE is still around 20 (but add another 5 for the risk of the cowboy CEO grin grin) making 25.

PO in consecutive years? Don't think UBA will attempt it. They could simply be making space in the authorized share capital for a 1-for-4 bonus. After all, the nominal price is the highest in the industry (not that that means anything to me, I'm concentrating my portfolio ASAP).
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by aktopgun(m): 6:43pm On Jan 15, 2008
@safive

dunlop and eternaoil ke?

really sorry bruvs but i do not really follow those companies for now and the only info i have on dunlop is that they are something of a turnaround in the beginning stages so depending on ur risk appetite and any other info u have it may be something u want to look at if u have a few years to wait (could be shorter but with turnarounds u never know. it depends on how far gone they were before starting to turn around  cheesy)

on eternaoil sorry not on my radar
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by Geees: 6:44pm On Jan 15, 2008
For NSE, I went to their website, signed up under register. Then downloaded and filled out form, and emailed it to my broker who will sign and submit it. Its the regular N2500 to do that. Your broker does have to sign the form so you can just ask them to do it for you.
[/quote]

Thanks Man for confirming how to do this, Now I can checkmate the brokers,

[quote author=pumping777 link=topic=31554.msg1854616#msg1854616 date=1200416648]
Chei. If UBA should slap us with PO and TS I go fight o  angry angry angry

Someone should send me the conferencing details to the AGM  grin make I go air my opinion jare.

Well. Looking on the bright side. Even if UBA lists the entire 15B shares, the forward PE is still around 20 (but add another 5 for the risk of the cowboy CEO  grin grin) making 25.

UBA and Zenith have been buying banks, http://www.tribune.com.ng/15012008/news/news3.html; http://www.businessdayonline.com/banking/1899.html
UBA has gulped like 4 failed banks so I think they are trying to add that value,  What i don't understand is why they don't just leave it and let the market push up the price,
So dont get perplexed factor this in,
Cheers
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by easimoni(m): 6:46pm On Jan 15, 2008
But UBA is not merging with the bank, it is simply buying its assets. It should have no effect on the # of shares
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by enurayce: 6:48pm On Jan 15, 2008
will those that buy DEAP now qualify for their proposed Bonus @ All
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by aktopgun(m): 6:49pm On Jan 15, 2008
UBA still looks to be a good investment but with the NSE u never know how long it will take for the market to realise that. the increase in outstanding shares is more than likely to be a bonus. i mean it would really be daft for them to come to the market with all the grumblings on the primary market being overvisited and all the issues about oversubscription.
besides didnt they just come off TS sometime mid '07? na wa for these nigerian firms sef. e be like say they are just bereft of ideas on how to raise cash other than running to the public and tying up people's hard earned and borrowed funds  cheesy for months.

its not giving them a good rep at all. i  expect UBA will be smarter than that but then again i've been wrong before  wink
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by debojyde(m): 6:49pm On Jan 15, 2008
Naijadr:

Treat the NSE like a job after all it is if its making money for you, plus I don't plan on practicing medicine in the US too long for pay anyway,
Just get a PDA with internet access, and check it on the go. I've had a pda since even my college days, throw in internet access, and u have a pc on the go, best investment!
On a day to day basic, outside of reading reg naija news which I always do, nairaland is my source for main info, then I quickly log into my portfolio on nigeriansecurities, make sure its ok there.
I've a couple of friends physicians/residents/med students who trade on wall street, and we all know how risky that is, but if they can find time to do so then I sure can find time to do with NSE.
For NSE, I went to their website, signed up under register. Then downloaded and filled out form, and emailed it to my broker who will sign and submit it. Its the regular N2500 to do that. Your broker does have to sign the form so you can just ask them to do it for you. BGL is one of the big ones along side Zenith, Vetiva and co. Its minimum is N5mil but they sometimes work lower minimums.

Gracias!
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by enurayce: 6:53pm On Jan 15, 2008
@ All what looks good to buy rite now
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by Geees: 7:00pm On Jan 15, 2008
its not giving them a good rep at all. i  expect UBA will be smarter than that but then again i've been wrong before  wink
[quote][/quote]

Yep that's how you know which coy has a good management,

FACT: There is a lot of money around with some of the banks

QUESTION: How will they use it?

UBA Zenith Afribank- are gulping others, Hope they'll release money to businessmen.  And there will soon be power, good roads and better investment climate to run all these businesses.
Then most sectors will see prices facing Maiduguri this time
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by Robroy: 7:07pm On Jan 15, 2008
Windywendy,
I have a special question for you. Could you kindly help me ( and other affected parties) use your resources to find out any news about Union Diagnostics and Skye Shelter fund? There has been now news whatsoever and that is hard earned popcorn they are playing with. Thanks in advance.
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by osazeet(m): 7:09pm On Jan 15, 2008
@ GRABDALOOT,
          can u see how Fidelity and UTC has gradually started upward movement? i believe the time for UTC,s growth has approach, same approach i have for it 2morrow. BULK  it  into  my portfolio,

(1) (2) (3) ... (327) (328) (329) (330) (331) (332) (333) ... (793) (Reply)

Mutual Funds / MBA Investors Forum / Crypto Currency Investors Thread

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 59
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.