Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,171,871 members, 7,883,057 topics. Date: Sunday, 07 July 2024 at 10:20 PM

Stock Market Tips For Nigerians - Investment (38) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Investment / Stock Market Tips For Nigerians (823134 Views)

Nigeria: Stock Market Rides On Elections Success, Gains N178 Billion / Stock Market: Questions And Answers / Nigerian Banks, Stockbrokers, And Services For Nigerians Abroad (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (35) (36) (37) (38) (39) (40) (41) ... (793) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by allboyz(m): 1:35pm On Jun 08, 2007
Oceanic bank shares:Hello every one,plz i need you guys to tell me something about oceanic bank shares,do you think its good to invest in that bank in the public offer?

am qiute confuss because i bought about 5,000 unit of there shares this april and am yet to receive my cert,or even hear anything about them,can u guys help me??plzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by hbrednic: 2:26pm On Jun 08, 2007
@allboyz
oceanic is a good buy,it doing almost 29 today.
call there registra for the cert.though many people have not recirvrd theirs.
ask of your dividend warrant as well.
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by allboyz(m): 2:39pm On Jun 08, 2007
@Hbrednic,

Thanks 4 ur info,but when i get to their office,how do i get my dividend warrant?do i need a account wit them? or will they give me cash?or what is it like?

Plzz respond,thanks
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by wanaj0: 2:50pm On Jun 08, 2007
allboyz:

@Hbrednic,

Thanks 4 your info,but when i get to their office,how do i get my dividend warrant?do i need a account wit them? or will they give me cash?or what is it like?

Plzz respond,thanks

First Registrars is theie registrar if it hs not changed. Go there (by 8.00am if possible) and you will be given a dividend warrant. This is like a cheque that you need to pay into your bank account.
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by allboyz(m): 2:58pm On Jun 08, 2007
@Wanajo,thanks,but i have an account wit them,i could remember that they only gave me a form to fill the day i was to buy the shares and that was all.

on the form,they only requested for ny name,next of kin and amount of units,that's all.

so do i need to go to them now for the dividend warant?,
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by wanaj0: 3:10pm On Jun 08, 2007
allboyz:

@Wanajo,thanks,but i have an account wit them,i could remember that they only gave me a form to fill the day i was to buy the shares and that was all.

on the form,they only requested for ny name,next of kin and amount of units,that's all.

so do i need to go to them now for the dividend warant?,

You have account with who?

Oceanic bank is in principle not responsible for paying you the dividend. Once declared, it is the duty of the registrar. First Bank is their registrar so that is there duty. Whatever the problem, see the registrar. They will be able to tell you if they've sent the waarant. If you've filled a form requesting for the dividend to be paid directly into your account, they will also let you know whether they've done that.
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by kanugab(m): 3:55pm On Jun 08, 2007
Anyone received oceanic bank IPO certificate. I wish to dispose my share with them now but have not received my certificate of the April IPO. So, I don't know if am alone in this saga and u know what ---shhhhhhhh d share is very hot now.
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by enurayce: 4:14pm On Jun 08, 2007
To all the pros in the house
I gave the shares of the following banks:Zenith,Oceanic,UBN,GTB,Diamond and IBPLC to a stock broker for verification and its over too months now yet no job done.Is this scenario proper?If not what should i do.

Also i will like to know the current transaction rates for buying,selling and verification of shares n when it took effect.
Will be glad to hear from you all
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by tyademolu(m): 8:26pm On Jun 08, 2007
enurayce:

I gave the shares of the following banks:Zenith,Oceanic,UBN,GTB,Diamond and IBPLC to a stock broker for verification and its over too months now yet no job done.Is this scenario proper?If not what should i do.

Also i will like to know the current transaction rates for buying,selling and verification of shares n when it took effect.

I really dont think it is supposed to take 2 months to verify certificates. It usually comes back in 2 weeks. You can ask your stockbroker what is happening, or you could go directly to the registrars to complain

I have been trying to verify my accessbank for over a month now, and it is not back yet. I went to Wema Registrars personally and they are still yet to send to CSCS. I am sure they are trying to hold on to the certificates so nobody can sell them, in order not to drive in the bears on the stock.

Also, does any one know where NAHCO is headed? it rose about 50% after the mark down, but I guess it is retracing its steps now, I read that the fair value is supposed to be a bout N12. any hint?
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by cheexy: 12:44am On Jun 09, 2007
@all
Just read from proshare that Dangote Sugar Refineries bagged the award for best Initial Public offer for Africa beating Stanbic and 5 others.

Schedule for the offers

Flour Company: Next 4 – 6 weeks

Cement Company: September/October 2007

The Port Harcourt and Kaduna Refineries would also become public companies and have their shares offered to Nigerians and the investing public through an initial public offering in 2008.
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by frankiriri(m): 11:29am On Jun 09, 2007
Dangote has announced that it will bring the PH and Kaduna Refinery to the market in 2008
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by Azeezsal(m): 12:08pm On Jun 09, 2007
Hello,
I have developed much intrest in NSE, been looking for a good and fair stockbroker (preferably recomended by someone). Planning on investing on long and short term basis,though i dont know how long/short the short term is.
Pls help with refrences,sites,contacts or websites.
thanks
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by Azeezsal(m): 12:13pm On Jun 09, 2007
Hello,
I have developed much intrest in NSE, been looking for a good and fair stockbroker (preferably recomended by someone). Planning on investing on long and short term basis,though i dont know how long/short the short term is.
thanks
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by Azeezsal(m): 12:13pm On Jun 09, 2007
Hello,
thanks
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by Allcorrect(m): 1:55pm On Jun 09, 2007
@allboyz
[quote][/quote]am qiute confuss because i bought about 5,000 unit of there shares this april and am yet to receive my cert,or even hear anything about them,can u guys help me??plzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

You goota be real patient bro cos the offer u bought just closed, the allotment has not bin done and when that is completed thats when u will get a cert or ur cscs account will be credited, thats if u have any. The issue of ani dividend, just put yor heart and mind to next year. I think u should worry bout receiving the volume u bought in the offer. Going to the bank or registrars now is simply a waste of time.
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by Allcorrect(m): 2:04pm On Jun 09, 2007
@tmoni

Y on earth will u buy Dangote at N58, it depends on ur objective though, but dat was expensive. It was investor sentiment that took it there and after the N1.15 it took the normal dive. Zenith at that purchse price was fair considering the 3rd Quarter report, now its doing like N59.80 or so. U know how it is with the market. But most of the stocks will be corrected later in the year unless they can show good earnings for their prices.
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by ferugio(m): 2:23pm On Jun 09, 2007
@Allcorrect

What do you think of DSR at the current price N40ish. Is it a good buy? Have I missed the boat and should look for another stock to invest in.
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by cheexy: 2:43pm On Jun 09, 2007
ferugio:

@Allcorrect

What do you think of DSR at the current price N40ish. Is it a good buy? Have I missed the boat and should look for another stock to invest in.
@ferugio
It depends on what your aim of investing in DSR is. If it is immediate capital gain, then i don't see the price doubling in the nearset future so you should look elsewhere but if you are long term, then i think it is okay but you should exercise a little patience. DSR should fall further when the other public offers come in.
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by ferugio(m): 3:02pm On Jun 09, 2007
@ Cheexy,

Can I contact you by email as I need some assistance.
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by cheexy: 5:38pm On Jun 09, 2007
@ferugio
chikamso@yahoo.com
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by ferugio(m): 5:56pm On Jun 09, 2007
@Cheexy,

I have just sent you an email.
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by olat(m): 7:40pm On Jun 09, 2007
@Frankriri, cheexy

Did we no the resistance level for Livestock and NASCON as they steep down so that we can wait for positioning, ?
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by letmein: 9:05pm On Jun 09, 2007
I would like to know if any of you guys knows a good stock brokering firm in Abuja. I currently use Greenwich Brokers but it is taking them too long to acquire stocks I request. For instance Fidelity that is readily available and traded in huge volumes. I don't get it but I am tired. Why can't we move to the point where we would buy our stock online ourselves as is now done in Kenya. http://www.meshedlinks.com/story.php?title=In-Nigeria-we-can-only-dream-as-Nairobi-Stock-Exchange-goes-wired
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by sharestalk(f): 9:55pm On Jun 09, 2007
@ Hbrenic,
Hi, by asking our friend to ask for dividend warrant, are you saying that those that bought the oceanic IPO in April were given dividend? Awaiting clarification please
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by enurayce: 5:57pm On Jun 10, 2007

Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by frankiriri(m): 9:06pm On Jun 10, 2007
Azeezsal:

Hello,
I have developed much intrest in NSE, been looking for a good and fair stockbroker (preferably recomended by someone). Planning on investing on long and short term basis,though i don't know how long/short the short term is.
Please help with refrences,sites,contacts or websites.
thanks
Just read through this thread and other threads on stocks on this site. You will find plenty of useful info.
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by dollyp1cute(f): 11:22pm On Jun 10, 2007
@FRANK - IBTC stockbroker requires N10m shocked to open an account with them.

Abeg what is the minimum with Zenith
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by cheexy: 11:33pm On Jun 10, 2007
dollyp1cute:

@FRANK - IBTC stockbroker requires N10m shocked to open an account with them.

Abeg what is the minimum with Zenith
APT securities is 50k but will raise their minimum to 450k. You can find out about their services and use them
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by frankiriri(m): 11:38pm On Jun 10, 2007
Their minimum is N1m.
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by frankiriri(m): 11:45pm On Jun 10, 2007
Before you decide on a house to use take into consideration their ability to meet the N1billion capital base. In this regards the houses backed by banks and a handful of others like BGL, Futureview , Vetiva etc are top candidates
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by dollyp1cute(f): 11:51pm On Jun 10, 2007
@Frank so why are you slow to hook me up with Zen, sort me out mate, will mail you.
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by frankiriri(m): 12:37am On Jun 11, 2007
I will expect your mail.

(1) (2) (3) ... (35) (36) (37) (38) (39) (40) (41) ... (793) (Reply)

Mutual Funds / MBA Investors Forum / Crypto Currency Investors Thread

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 34
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.