Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,171,848 members, 7,882,968 topics. Date: Sunday, 07 July 2024 at 08:18 PM

Stock Market Tips For Nigerians - Investment (40) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Investment / Stock Market Tips For Nigerians (823131 Views)

Nigeria: Stock Market Rides On Elections Success, Gains N178 Billion / Stock Market: Questions And Answers / Nigerian Banks, Stockbrokers, And Services For Nigerians Abroad (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (37) (38) (39) (40) (41) (42) (43) ... (793) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by tai2(m): 11:51am On Jun 13, 2007
Hello Guys,

I just need to know how long it takes to transfer my CSCS account from one brokerage house to another. I want to switch stockbrokers, I've been asking my brokers to trade my First Bank shares for two months now and they're giving me this technical suspension story as if people don't trade shares during suspensions.
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by Olonzo: 1:08pm On Jun 13, 2007
Tmoni,

Are your really in Aberdeen, Holla if you are, would be nice to hook and rob minds on the NSE.

Gurus,

Whats you take on vitafoam, hold or sell.
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by ojesymsym: 1:56pm On Jun 13, 2007
Pls any reliable stock broker in ph, who has time for small timers?
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by ijogbon(m): 2:55pm On Jun 13, 2007
@Olonzo
Great Ife?
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by skulachi(m): 3:11pm On Jun 13, 2007
[b][/b]
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by skulachi(m): 3:20pm On Jun 13, 2007
I commend all who has made contributions to this forum.you all indeed been wonderful. i need to know whats happening on the real estates and the treasury bill portfolio's. nothing much has been said on them. please enlighten me on it.
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by Ayoolu(m): 4:13pm On Jun 13, 2007
I am really suprised that nobody has commented on the rofo rofo fight going on in SPRING bank( Owena/Citizens/Guardian Express).

We have to be careful of all this fantastic figures being posted by this banks.

Lets be careful. To the Gurus - urgent advice required for the house
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by easimoni(m): 4:35pm On Jun 13, 2007
Ayoolu:

I am really suprised that nobody has commented on the rofo rofo fight going on in SPRING bank( Owena/Citizens/Guardian Express).

We have to be careful of all this fantastic figures being posted by this banks.

Lets be careful. To the Gurus - urgent advice required for the house

It speaks to the need  for investors to research the fundamentals of a company before investing in it. Since bank consolidations ended in Dec of 2005, SpringBank had not released a single quarterly statement, yet people traded their shares. With no basis to calculate EPS or PE, I often wondered what analysis led people to invest in such companies (Transcorp included). I guess it was pure speculation!

Anyway, God will judge them for duping people out of their hard-earned money. CBN ought to have caught this much sooner. I don't think this should dissuade you from investing in banks, just be very careful about the smaller ones, especially when you don't see results.
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by DisGuy: 4:46pm On Jun 13, 2007
hi easimoni
where do you get results of companies especially those that dont have a website, i have been trying to get info on CCNN for a while now especially at the early stage of march, though the price is currently flat i cant get anymore info on them. what do you think about a ccnn buy to sell just before obajana comes out?
cheers
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by allsmiles1(m): 5:59pm On Jun 13, 2007
Please can anyone tell me wat these stocks are doing six months after their IPO/PO
Zenith, UBA, Oceanic, PHB, Dangote and Intercontinental

thanks.
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by easimoni(m): 6:28pm On Jun 13, 2007
Dis Guy:

hi easimoni
where do you get results of companies especially those that don't have a website, i have been trying to get info on CCNN for a while now especially at the early stage of march, though the price is currently flat i can't get anymore info on them. what do you think about a ccnn buy to sell just before obajana comes out?
cheers

My brokers send me a daily price update that inlcudes results released by NSE companies. It's about the only useful service they provide (Are u hearing, people of Lead Capital??). I store the results and refer to them when I analyze.

CCNN's last result was for Full yr 2006 and showed a loss of 35M. Unless u have info that the company is about to be turned around v soon, it's a must sell.
all_smiles:

Please can anyone tell me what these stocks are doing six months after their IPO/PO
Zenith, UBA, Oceanic, PHB, Dangote and Intercontinental

http://www.zenithsecuritiesng.com/marketanalysis.php

Check out prices here.
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by enurayce: 7:36pm On Jun 13, 2007
Pls all the gurus in the bouse reply

Since the in thing is about stocks that have made it, will anyone in the house with all that its takes in marking out penny stocks with growth potential avail us all with some of these stocks to enable us cash in on them and make good returns. Your response will be greatly appreciated. Thanks
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by enurayce: 7:44pm On Jun 13, 2007
Please all the gurus in the bouse reply

Since the in thing is about stocks that have made it, will anyone in the house with all that its takes in marking out penny stocks with growth potential avail us all with some of these stocks to enable us cash in on them and make good returns. Your response will be greatly appreciated. Thanks
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by allsmiles1(m): 9:14am On Jun 14, 2007
@easimoni

Thanks, only the gainers and losers are listed. my aim actually is to see what stocks do immediately after their IPO closes. Is there significant movt or do they stay fallow. i want to know if there has been a particular trend.
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by allsmiles1(m): 9:23am On Jun 14, 2007
@easimoni

there seeems to be an error on that page as it only displays figures from April.

can u refer something else?

thanks
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by ferugio(m): 11:06am On Jun 14, 2007
@all-smiles

The best site I found for analysing trends is cashcraft. See link below

http://www.cashcraft.com/pricemovement.asp

Select the coy of your choice and change the dates as appropriate.

Good luck
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by BIGBOYLARY(m): 12:20pm On Jun 14, 2007
@ ALL,

NASCON HIT MARKET WITH LIMITED OFFER THIS FRIDAY (16) BE ON THE ALET ITS @#22:00k the current price is #27:16k cool
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by allsmiles1(m): 12:25pm On Jun 14, 2007
@ferugio

ur link is really appreciated. the site is exactly wat i was looking for.
thanks a mil
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by crazyT(m): 12:53pm On Jun 14, 2007
BIGBOYLARY:

@ ALL,

NASCON HIT MARKET WITH LIMITED OFFER THIS FRIDAY (16) BE ON THE ALET ITS @#22:00k the current price is #27:16k cool

Just curious, Is this an IPO or just at the floor of the SEC?
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by ferugio(m): 1:11pm On Jun 14, 2007
@crazyT

This offer is available on the floor.
In a nutshell you need to go through your stockbroker and give buy order today if you are interested.
So that your instruction can be carried out tomorrow.
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by SLEEKCHIC2(f): 1:56pm On Jun 14, 2007
Hi all,

Can i report my stock broking fime to SEC? I dropped my letter for transfer of shares with them and the receptionist told me to come back after 2months to get the letter signed. I only need two signatures and she says she's not even sure i'll get it in 2 months. Meanwhile, the second firm (Marriot Securities ) were so efficient and polite and gave it to me in 5 mins.

The worst part is that the UBA share's certificate i gave them to verify since August last yr has not been verified. I only found out last week cos they never give CSCS monthly statements and when you request for it, you have to pay N50 per month while others give it free. At least Marriot gave it to me free. Its bad enough that i had to pay to verify the certificate.  I think they are trying to frustrate me from leaving them but my mind is made up.

Pls what can i do. I can wait for 2 months to get it signed. Pls i need ur advice
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by easimoni(m): 3:29pm On Jun 14, 2007
ferugio:

@all-smiles

The best site I found for analysing trends is cashcraft. See link below

http://www.cashcraft.com/pricemovement.asp

Select the coy of your choice and change the dates as appropriate.

Good luck

Nice one. Just added to my list of favourites. grin
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by RoughCut(m): 4:49pm On Jun 14, 2007
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by egoldman(m): 8:25pm On Jun 14, 2007
Is this a good offer ? please give detailed reasons for your views .
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by cheexy: 12:44am On Jun 15, 2007
SLEEK_CHIC:

Hi all,

Can i report my stock broking fime to SEC? I dropped my letter for transfer of shares with them and the receptionist told me to come back after 2months to get the letter signed. I only need two signatures and she says she's not even sure i'll get it in 2 months. Meanwhile, the second firm (Marriot Securities ) were so efficient and polite and gave it to me in 5 mins.

The worst part is that the UBA share's certificate i gave them to verify since August last yr has not been verified. I only found out last week because they never give CSCS monthly statements and when you request for it, you have to pay N50 per month while others give it free. At least Marriot gave it to me free. Its bad enough that i had to pay to verify the certificate.  I think they are trying to frustrate me from leaving them but my mind is made up.

Please what can i do. I can wait for 2 months to get it signed. Please i need your advice
@SLEEK_CHIC
That is a very terrible and unprofessional thing for any stockbroking firm to do. All is definitely not well. You should go to their office, ask the secretary to let you see her boss and issue a threat that you will report them to SEC to santion them and if they don't attend to you, you should find out whose office is in charge of handling erring stock brokers and report them. Meanwhile, please post the name of the stock broking firm for us to see. This will help other people to stay away from them.
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by DisGuy: 1:00am On Jun 15, 2007
who removed/reported my post? cheesy

thanks easimoni,
i only heard they are getting funds from their parent/partner company in germany* to build their own power and restructure the company for the challenges ahead- ccnn
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by shey(m): 11:34pm On Jun 15, 2007
@easimoni
hi mate long time pls i said u should always remind me of any opportunity to invest in nigeria stocks. pls dont for get am yet to use my 1m coss i dont even know what to buy with it now pls if u have any iformation asper dis
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by Dumsky(m): 4:14am On Jun 16, 2007
Sleek_chic,
Yes you can report them and i think that's what you should do to get fast and effective results. Had same problem sometime ago and toook it to the notice of the NSE. They were called and reminded that such transactions were not suppossed to exceed 48hrs and if the DG should hear their liscence would be suspended.
Guess what? My account was released under 48hrs. The 2 months will transform to under 2 days once you notify the appropriate authorities.
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by slaykay07: 11:24am On Jun 16, 2007
I have heard people talking about money getting returned beacuse someone has bought too much shares in cases of oversubscription. How many units are people refering to as too much shares pls

I would like to know just in case of big elephant, so that i can use my siblings names for buying large units.
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by easimoni(m): 3:22pm On Jun 16, 2007
slaykay07:

I have heard people talking about money getting returned beacuse someone has bought too much shares in cases of oversubscription. How many units are people refering to as too much shares please

I would like to know just in case of big elephant, so that i can use my siblings names for buying large units.

It all depends on the level of oversubscription. If they are not oversubscribed, they won't return anything. If they are (and I'm sure "big elephant" will be), the likely cut-off will be 50k units. If you are buying less than that, no reason to worry.
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by hbrednic: 4:22pm On Jun 16, 2007
i think first bank is going to mop up all excess sub,there actual target is over 100billion.
so unlike dsr,they are keeping all excess cash that comes there way.
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by enurayce: 8:17pm On Jun 16, 2007
Please all the gurus in the bouse reply

(1) (2) (3) ... (37) (38) (39) (40) (41) (42) (43) ... (793) (Reply)

Mutual Funds / MBA Investors Forum / Crypto Currency Investors Thread

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 111
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.