Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,178,827 members, 7,906,037 topics. Date: Wednesday, 31 July 2024 at 12:51 AM

Stock Market Tips For Nigerians - Investment (39) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Investment / Stock Market Tips For Nigerians (827439 Views)

Nigeria: Stock Market Rides On Elections Success, Gains N178 Billion / Stock Market: Questions And Answers / Nigerian Banks, Stockbrokers, And Services For Nigerians Abroad (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (36) (37) (38) (39) (40) (41) (42) ... (793) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by Femtex(m): 5:07am On Jun 11, 2007
Concerning Intercontinental Bank PO, Has anybody receive his/her certificate yet? I will appreciate if someone can please explain why its taken so long to receive it.
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by frankiriri(m): 7:02am On Jun 11, 2007
The Dangote Group will in the next few weeks/months enter the market to raise funds through an initial offering for its FLOUR, CEMENT and REFINERY businesses.

Mr. Uzo Nwankwo, Group Executive Director, Corporate Finance of the group disclosed this information to the Proshare at an exclusive interview held at the London Stock Exchange building where he had received the landmark award from African Investor (Ai) for the best IPO in Africa.

Dangote Sugar Plc. Edged six (6) other firms including Standard Bank, Uganda to win this award which was witnessed by lead investors from the ‘city’ and African stock exchanges.

While the company is continuing its expansion plans for the sugar business which will receive a further boost from the new EU rules which has removed subsidies hitherto enjoyed by European farmers and which had made it a challenge for firms like Dangote to be competitive; it looks now to a wider market which can only mean a better prospect for the fortunes of investors in Dangote Sugar Plc.

INITIAL PUBLIC OFFERS

Given its commitment to ensure that Nigerians participate in the growing opportunities in the economy which the company is well positioned to serve, and the excellent vote of confidence in the company by institutional investors which Awill manifest in its ability to set up shop (for specific businesses) in
* Algeria – Sugar Refinery;
* Senegal – 200 metric tonne cement factory;
* South Africa
* Port of Maputo: and
* Increasing capacity of the Nigerian operations.

Specifically therefore, the group has earmarked the following estimated timelines for the following subsidiaries to go public:
Flour Company: Next 4 – 6 weeks
Cement Company: September/October 2007

The Port Harcourt and Kaduna Refineries would also become public companies and have their shares offered to Nigerians and the investing public through an initial public offering in 2008.

Culled from proshare
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by egoldman(m): 7:41am On Jun 11, 2007
frankiriri:

Their minimum is N1m.

Frank , i dont know if you have checked the latest info on zenithsecuritiesng about their minimum cos is has been increased to 5 million now , below is a quote from their site ;

Criteria:

To open a stockbroking account with Zenith Securities, the minimum opening balance currently stands at N5,000,000.00. This could be made up of cheque deposits, shares in certificates or transfer of shares from other stockbrokering firm(s).

i dont know how this will affect those do not have big sum to enter the stock business angry angry
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by iceman75(m): 8:49am On Jun 11, 2007
Hello all!!!!!
I've been a silent member on nairaland for long.
I truely appreciate what u guys are doing, all the advices, ideas and perspective.
A big THANK YOU to everyone, especialy the gurus.
Mr. Frank, i sent u an email about my intention to join your club but haven't receiced ur reply.
What do u guys think about dangote flour (IPO).
Ur sincere opinion will be appreciated.
Once again, thanks everybody!!!! smiley smiley
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by Tmoni(m): 11:17am On Jun 11, 2007
just read about the sacking of the board of springbank,

at the gurus, what do u think the estimated price of dangotes two IPOs would be,
there will certainly be a drop in prices generally in the market as investors gear up to purchase some of midas (dangote) assets
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by Panadol(m): 1:21pm On Jun 11, 2007
Zenith Securities is N5 million
BGL is N1 million
Vetiva is N1 million
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by dollyp1cute(f): 1:53pm On Jun 11, 2007
You need no minimum amount to get a stockbroking account in UK, you can buy shares from £50. Stock can make you money and yet they are making it difficult for the common man to start investing.

I love my country but their ways and backwardness is aaaaaaaaaaargh.

When are we ever going to learn Dollyp talks to herself "breathe girl, breathe you are talking about Nigeria here, chill out, it's not worth it2

Right back to stocks, i suppose money to buy IPO from the broker will also count towards the minimum angry abi it is not so/
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by timadel(m): 2:40pm On Jun 11, 2007
hi guys,this is one of the best ways of making money legally in nigeria.if u ve not started or still skeptical about it u re really missing cos i'm talking from my own personal experience.if u need any info just speak out or mail me at timadel2002@yahoo.com.welcome to the club of future billionaires!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by hbrednic: 2:42pm On Jun 11, 2007
zenith 5 mill? na wahooo,but anyway na naija style be that.
exclusive club for the rich.
anyway there are still many options out there,only if the will not go zeniths way by 2mrrw.
bad news for the poor.
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by timadel(m): 2:51pm On Jun 11, 2007
hi iceman,in my own opinion its going to be a nice buy.just consider dangote sugar-the capital appreciation(18 to 42) and the consistent great bonus(has never happened b4).i beg no dull urself,na ur road to riches!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by iceman75(m): 3:54pm On Jun 11, 2007
Thanks Timadel,
I'm hoping to buy dangote flour, just wanted to know peoples opinion.
Bought loads from DSR ( IPO), it closed below 40 2day but i think it's still good to hold-on cos' next year looks very promising, hope i aint wrong. What do think guys
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by Tmoni(m): 5:20pm On Jun 11, 2007
i feel dangote sugar would be well sought after by the time they release their result for the nxt year, going with the supposed entry into international markets,

might climb pass N70 by this time nxt year,
adetayo's view though
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by Tmoni(m): 5:21pm On Jun 11, 2007
i feel dangote sugar would be well sought after by the time they release their result for the nxt year, going with the supposed entry into international  markets,

might climb pass N70 by this time nxt year,
adetayo's view though
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by Tolite22(m): 6:15pm On Jun 11, 2007
Hey Everyone,

Abeg Naija Bros and Sisters, I don ask this question tire for another Thread in nairaland but them neva gree answer me:

I have shares with Niger Insurance, and I don't know if i shd sell or hold. There seems to be some price appreciation. I'd love 2 know if there are rumours of a scrip(bonus) issue which may happen to be responsible for the recent rally in share price of this company.

abeg, frankiriri and others, make una put mouth! wink

Tks

Tolite22
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by easimoni(m): 6:45pm On Jun 11, 2007
dollyp1cute:

Right back to stocks, i suppose money to buy IPO from the broker will also count towards the minimum angry abi it is not so/

Yes it does.
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by BIGBOYLARY(m): 7:56pm On Jun 11, 2007
@Tolite22!!!!!!!!!!

DONT think of selling NIGER for now its waiting to explode just follow on the update, today
NIGER INSURANCE CO. PLC 5.73 and yesterday its @ 5.46 ,so more juicy on the way i bet u.

@Panadol: BGL IS 5MILLION, FSDH is also 5million and all the big players are now 5 million since 3 months back its the new rules they are imposing on opening account wt them.

@ALL!!!
[b]KINDLY WATCH OUT FOR DANGOTE BRANDS ITS HOT CAKE I BET U ITS A BOMB!!!!!![/b]Dangote is going to be explosive when they hit the market .
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by enurayce: 8:48pm On Jun 11, 2007
Since the in thing is about stocks that have made it, will anyone in the house with all that its takes in marking out penny stocks with growth potential avail us all with some of these stocks to enable us cash in on them and make good returns. Your response will be greatly appreciated. Thanks
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by enurayce: 9:03pm On Jun 11, 2007
@ ALL THE GURUS Frank,Enolase,Easimoni and others
Since the in thing is about stocks that have made it, will anyone in the house with all that its takes in marking out penny stocks with growth potential avail us all with some of these stocks to enable us cash in on them and make good returns. Your response will be greatly appreciated. Thanks
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by dollyp1cute(f): 9:04pm On Jun 11, 2007
Panadol:

FSDH is N5million
BGL is N5 million
So all the brokers want N5m abi angry angry angry angry. , their mouth like N5m.

easimoni:

Yes it does.

@Easi, thanks

So which stock can i buy with the N5m to give me N7.5m by Christmas shocked and I am not ready to tie my money down on all this IPO hen.
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by easimoni(m): 9:42pm On Jun 11, 2007
dollyp1cute:

@Easi, thanks

So which stock can i buy with the N5m to give me N7.5m by Christmas shocked and I am not ready to tie my money down on all this IPO hen.

A safe bet is WAPCO. The market seems to have taken their eye of this stock because they failed to declare a bonus and only gave a N1 dividend. It has solid fundamentals and could do 50% by yr-end. Also, the upcoming ban on importation of cement in December may play on market psychology and drive the price upwards. I own quite a few shares myself.

Another option is AP which is really a N100 share if they can put all the ownership problems behind them. I also like Oando but Frank and Wanaj0 have been arguing over this stock on the other thread wink so I stopped buying. Not going to argue with two accountants lipsrsealed Others ABC Transport, Longman, Beta GLass, and RT Briscoe. GTBank but the price is already taking off.
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by frankiriri(m): 11:48pm On Jun 11, 2007
@ iceman
I have sent you an invite
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by frankiriri(m): 11:55pm On Jun 11, 2007
hbrednic:

zenith 5 mill? na wahooo,but anyway na naija style be that.
exclusive club for the rich.
anyway there are still many options out there,only if the will not go zeniths way by 2mrrw.
bad news for the poor.
All this is a fallout of the Federal government's recent capitalisation directive. The houses will now have so much money to play with that they wont want to touch peanuts.
The ones that will go for small investors will do so by floating new mutual funds.
The only way forward for the small investor would then be to get into a mutual fund or investment club.
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by frankiriri(m): 12:01am On Jun 12, 2007
I personally dont think that Dangote flour would be such a hit like flour. It has a major competitor already quoted on the exchange, i.e FLour mills and there are dozens of other flour mills which are not quoted. DSR on the other hand was a monoplist and enjoyed pioneer status which means it had seious tax advantages which increased its profitability.
The dangote brand name will however ensure that it has a good outing.
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by frankiriri(m): 12:10am On Jun 12, 2007
@ easimoni
You may want to reconsider how safe WAPCO is. (I am not saying it is not profitable oh).
Obajana cement is coming to the market later this year and it's plant is reputed to be bigger than WAPCO and Ashaka combined plants. If Dangote is able to convert this installed capacity into utillised capacity then the market for Ashaka and WAPCO may be threathened.
Bottomline - Consider the likely effect of the competition on their operations.
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by NBA(m): 12:51am On Jun 12, 2007
[/quote]Quote from: Panadol on Yesterday at 01:21:58 PM
FSDH is N5million
BGL is N5 million

So all the brokers want N5m  abi     . , their mouth like N5m.[quote]

BGL is N1 Mil.
Fidelty Union is N500 K
UBA Stockbroking is N250 K
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by Roscodaddy(m): 10:08am On Jun 12, 2007
I misplaced my Zenith Bank certificate,please how do I go about recovering this vital documents as Zenith bank shares climbs to #60,please help sad
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by mimiye(f): 10:26am On Jun 12, 2007
I will like very much to sell my oceanic bank shares but not with the recent price drops. Should i or shouldn't i ?
Any hope that I can sell at N30 soon ?
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by Roscodaddy(m): 10:42am On Jun 12, 2007
Mimiye,

How are you,am also trying to see my shares at Oceanic,where you given any bonus shares?are you also on messenger
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by Tmoni(m): 11:44am On Jun 12, 2007
@ the gurus,
pls what is happening to oceanic bank,
it had a price drop so sudden,

i have a guy who says he can guarantee me 50% interest at the end of the year on investments,
pls is it worth the try,
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by elmonks(m): 5:08pm On Jun 12, 2007
am hapi nigerians r increasingly becoming interested in portfolio management.i believe bin able 2 manage ur stocks nd shares,u must b a good speculator as well as bin able 2 take risk
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by ideas: 10:35am On Jun 13, 2007
hi all,

http://finance.groups.yahoo.com/group/naijainvestorsalert

check out this group, it if looks like something you would love to be a part of then JOIN.

it will be nice having you

cheers

Abiola
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by meetgiwa: 10:40am On Jun 13, 2007
Hi, can someone tell me what befail the shares I bought in the above mentioned banks about 3yrs ago. I thnk the banks failed,if so what shd I expect/do next to recover my money if possible?

(1) (2) (3) ... (36) (37) (38) (39) (40) (41) (42) ... (793) (Reply)

Mutual Funds / MBA Investors Forum / Crypto Currency Investors Thread

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.