Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,188,067 members, 7,933,583 topics. Date: Wednesday, 28 August 2024 at 09:39 AM

Stock Market Tips For Nigerians - Investment (459) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Investment / Stock Market Tips For Nigerians (831540 Views)

Nigeria: Stock Market Rides On Elections Success, Gains N178 Billion / Stock Market: Questions And Answers / Nigerian Banks, Stockbrokers, And Services For Nigerians Abroad (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (456) (457) (458) (459) (460) (461) (462) ... (793) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by aktopgun(m): 8:37pm On Feb 11, 2008
@ pumice
cheesy cheesy

u dey talk say i know which attach button u are referring to. when i right click its only the delete all buton thats active. can u walk me through it man? no vex
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by ebony9ja(m): 8:39pm On Feb 11, 2008
yodiyokun:

This you Nascon - which kin profit you make on it oo? the price has not add much upswing - maybe 10% after commission? Most people wont be selling now - a lot of people are waiting for it to reach at least 20

10% is good for me. I am a volume player. still selling tomorrow.
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by yodiyokun(f): 8:41pm On Feb 11, 2008
ebony9ja:

The deep pocketed people have announced themselves
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by pumice(m): 8:46pm On Feb 11, 2008
@ aktopgun

No problem.

After you save the picture as a jpeg. Go to the thread as you normally do. After typing your response, below the box where you type your response there should be the 'Subject' box and below that the 'Attach' box. Click on the 'Search' button and locate your jpeg picture. The path to your picture should appear in the white box in between 'Attach' and 'Search'. After that just click 'Reply'. That should do not.

Let me know how it works out.

Cheers.
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by pumice(m): 8:47pm On Feb 11, 2008
I meant 'that should do it'.
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by aktopgun(m): 8:50pm On Feb 11, 2008
well here goes nothing. i have attempted to annotate the nigsec,com graph as much as i can. i will get better once i get thru this first stage. so pls pardon the roughness

Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by aktopgun(m): 8:51pm On Feb 11, 2008
hooray! it worked cheesy cheesy

@yodi, is it clearer now girl?
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by shigidi(m): 8:53pm On Feb 11, 2008
make una watch UBA, once it starts u don miss am be that grin grin grin grin
i hope my broker got trans express
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by easimoni(m): 8:58pm On Feb 11, 2008
ebony9ja:

I beg sell make u depress the market. Some of us need to join that train. Can't get on while it's moving.
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by pumice(m): 8:58pm On Feb 11, 2008
Nice.
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by shigidi(m): 9:01pm On Feb 11, 2008
@ easimoni, on the real what projections do you see for trans express this year, do you think its a long termer or strictly CICO
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by promotion(m): 9:01pm On Feb 11, 2008
shigidi:

I support all the guru's on the uba prediction. Also look at this

http://www.nigeriansecurities.com/shownews3.php?url=http://www.businessdayonline.com/economic-watch/3927.html?print
Excerpt from the story:

"The Central Bank of Nigeria (CBN) has given the strongest indication yet of its desire to favourably consider a stand alone indigenous bank to manage Nigeria’s huge and rising foreign exchange reserves, estimated to be more than $54-billion as at the end of January.
If this happens it would mean a major shift in policy by the apex bank,
, An indigenous bank looking to be considered under this arrangement will have to extend its balance sheet size, but more so its international business reach, which is a criterion Soludo emphasised in a short statement to the launch of UBA Capital (Europe) at Wellington Arch in London.
Indeed, the fresh concession to manage the country’s foreign exchange reserves is being anchored on the back of new efforts by the apex bank to reward local banks that are genuinely expanding beyond the borders of Nigeria, particularly into Europe and America.
A possible first beneficiary is likely to be United Bank for Africa, the self-styled Africa’s global bank, which expansive branch network and the commencement of its subsidiary, UBA Capital (Europe), appear to have provided grounds for the possible policy shift the CBN is now considering.
Soludo said the growth and international foray already recorded by UBA made it impossible to ignore offering such a Nigerian bank the opportunity to manage some of Nigeria’s foreign reserves. "
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by debenzd(f): 9:03pm On Feb 11, 2008
shigidi:

I pray so too. All dis brokers fit cause wahala for person.
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by shigidi(m): 9:04pm On Feb 11, 2008
@ easimoni, you have posted 1004 ;d
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by debenzd(f): 9:05pm On Feb 11, 2008
easimoni:

I beg sell make u depress the market. Some of us need to join that train. Can't get on while it's moving.

Easimoni, this na bad belle o!
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by Favour08(m): 9:09pm On Feb 11, 2008
ebony9ja:

@ebony9ja
Please , please need to ask you some private questions. contact me at favour08(at)hotmail(dot)com.
thanks
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by promotion(m): 9:12pm On Feb 11, 2008
@Iwerebor,

you may try http://www.nigeriansecurities.com

for Stock Price Movement , Periodic Performance, like weekly, monthly, quarterly, Year -to- Date, Charts

If you set up your prortfolio and update it you can even see buy to date BTD,profits,etc without keeping your own register.
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by blueband(m): 9:18pm On Feb 11, 2008
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by stanchuks(m): 9:22pm On Feb 11, 2008
To catch up with this forum no be moimoi  ooo, today way work no gree me

@Pumping777
Have visited nigeriansecurities.com? those guys dey fear you ooo, well dem don help you add Transexpress for their list

@Temmie 10
Thanks for showing you face, long  time
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by invisible2(m): 9:35pm On Feb 11, 2008
News like the ones we read above about UBA may be the trigger the stock needs to shoot off the tracks. You know how peeps will pretend like they dont need something until there is a rush, then everyone will be diving into the fray as if they are hearing of the bank for the first time.

Meanwhile if this doesnt jack up the price I will start to think another factor is at play there, like a deep insider offloading quietly and filling all the bids. Is this not possible?
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by tiwantiwa: 9:40pm On Feb 11, 2008
@aktopgun

dis na ur student @ the faculty of TA, university of money   grin

may noisome-pestilence ( like corn-flaky type) never come near you Amen    

3 small question for you

the last row of that graph is for the volume , what can one deduce from it.

also how will an indicator like stochrsi help in this interpretation

can you help look at cornerstone , looks like it can still do better in the uptrend , and still defying the trend within the insurance sector , i bought some @4.12, should i sell it or "soak my head more with risky soap" i.e exit @ 10

[img][/img]

i guess you used ms paint to  anotate that graph and save as gif, , jpeg will be a bit bulkier , but more clearer

Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by shigidi(m): 9:42pm On Feb 11, 2008
@ easimoni, on the real what projections do you see for trans express this year, do you think its a long termer or strictly CICO
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by invisible2(m): 9:54pm On Feb 11, 2008
Cadbury is still not looking back, I missed out of that one. I was waiting to see the company bottom at N30, so I could board the flight, but it left while I was still hesitating.Fear causes hesitation, and hesitation will cause your worst fears to come true.
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by promotion(m): 10:07pm On Feb 11, 2008
invisible!:

News like the ones we read above about UBA may be the trigger the stock needs to shoot off the tracks. You know how peeps will pretend like they don't need something until there is a rush, then everyone will be diving into the fray as if they are hearing of the bank for the first time.

Meanwhile if this doesnt jack up the price I will start to think another factor is at play there, like a deep insider offloading quietly and filling all the bids. Is this not possible?

Let one of the Technical Analysts/chart guru's paste UBA for disection, maybe we the candles or torchlights will expose such buyers. Maybe the we will be able to see how close the breakout is.
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by easimoni(m): 10:11pm On Feb 11, 2008
shigidi:

Trans-Expr has a forward (actually expected 2007 FY) PE of 14 (if they have not yet issued the rights, I don't think they have). The current forward PE for 2008 is prob. ~ 8 or 9. The rights will double that number  sad But we will see what the prospectus brings. Anyway, I think it's long-term but I'll get out if it smells N9+ within 2 months.

invisible!:

Cadbury is still not looking back, I missed out of that one. I was waiting to see the company bottom at N30, so I could board the flight, but it left while I was still hesitating.Fear causes hesitation, and hesitation will cause your worst fears to come true.

Deep, very deep.  smiley
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by Teenom(m): 10:35pm On Feb 11, 2008
http://africa.reuters.com/instrument/chain.ehtml?s=.LAGLG

blueband:

Another site to check stock prices

http://africa.reuters.com/instrument/quote_result.ehtml

just a little adjustment.
Long Live NSE.

Addendum: You can even arrange the Columns according to Volumes traded. Sweet!
(Last time I check. NSEPRO was the only html page that enabled hasslefree rearrangement).

There you go!

Your losers and winners list without further ado.
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by easimoni(m): 10:37pm On Feb 11, 2008
promotion:

Let one of the Technical Analysts/chart guru's paste UBA for disection, maybe we the candles or torchlights will expose such buyers. Maybe the we will be able to see how close the breakout is.

See chart  below. The only trend I see is the N50 support becoming  a N50 resistance.

Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by easimoni(m): 10:48pm On Feb 11, 2008
Uh-Oh! Our thread has made the front page of Nairaland again! Expect a deluge of newcomers. I'm on vacation. tongue
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by Krrush(m): 10:50pm On Feb 11, 2008
aktopgun:

Besides, one of the first things i learnt in investing is "never fall in love with a system, stock, company or method", its not necessary and irrelevant.

Long term players have all sort of weapons in their arsenal (there goes that useless team's name again) besides Value, PE, EPS, etc, we also have high and low altitude bombers( aka jets, fighter helocopters), mine detectors , armoured personel carriers etc  grin   grin   grin

They assume the persona of John J Rambo  cool    cool    cool.
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by Femtex(m): 11:06pm On Feb 11, 2008
@ Everybody

When is the Fiscal year for Intercontinental Bank? Are we expecting their earnings any time from now?
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by debenzd(f): 11:10pm On Feb 11, 2008
@Safive

I have replied your email.

Thanks
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by debenzd(f): 11:11pm On Feb 11, 2008
Femtex:

@ Everybody

When is the Fiscal year for Intercontinental Bank? Are we expecting their earnings any time from now?

February

(1) (2) (3) ... (456) (457) (458) (459) (460) (461) (462) ... (793) (Reply)

Mutual Funds / MBA Investors Forum / Crypto Currency Investors Thread

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.