Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,169,796 members, 7,875,977 topics. Date: Sunday, 30 June 2024 at 06:18 AM

Stock Market Tips For Nigerians - Investment (511) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Investment / Stock Market Tips For Nigerians (821922 Views)

Nigeria: Stock Market Rides On Elections Success, Gains N178 Billion / Stock Market: Questions And Answers / Nigerian Banks, Stockbrokers, And Services For Nigerians Abroad (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (508) (509) (510) (511) (512) (513) (514) ... (793) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by blueband(m): 11:37pm On Feb 19, 2008
E b like say ABC jet don take off.Tried loading some today but my broker(not cashcraft,I mean my good broker) said he could not get.
I don't know what is driving the price but I understand there Q3 result was very good.And who knows they might come o the market again to raise funds for Airline Business.
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by samstone4(m): 11:41pm On Feb 19, 2008
@Beginner

The 1% is just for your brokers.
There are also SEC fees and some others. Don't have them at hand. It wil usually some to about 4 to 5% in total for buy and sell. For me it is 1.83% for buy and 2.12% for sells
Hope of some help albeit not detailed.

Samstone4 cool cool
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by grabdaloot(m): 11:42pm On Feb 19, 2008
I think the NESTLE result is not as bad as it appears. Remember they gave a bonus of 1 to 4 last year and they still managed to pay up to 8.20 as dividend how many companies in the NSE or even the world can boast of that dividend ratio. Exxonmobil the worlds greatest profit making outfit share is priced at $86 their dividend payment for 2007 was $1.35 remove the currency and just check the dividend payout and you will see why my dad will never sell his NESTLE props up to them. On another note what is up with NWICABLE. That company was supposed to be under lock and key
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by windywendy(f): 11:44pm On Feb 19, 2008
Iyke-D:

@WindyWendy

Point well taken, but I wouldn't necessary consider my stake there considerable though, but
I guess one's man $10 is another man's $1000. Obviously I had the appetite for the PP risk
then and still do, but it will be untruthful not to admit that things are "very chaotic" with the
organization to put it nicely. Its still a gamble, may be a suicide mission, but what the heck!

Re-hashing the issue of why Transcorp found itself listed in the NSE today is sort of tantamount
to asking why Yar Adua is still in Aso Rock and making reversals. We are here now and what is
important is how and what the FG plans to give back to Transcorp shareholders in return for the
reversal.

Transcorp or no Transcorp, there is some consensus (at least there are some opposing views)
that the NITEL reversal or its announcement as a "reversal" was handled poorly as it could
send the wrong signals to the market. Well, its Nigeria, anything can happen, even the dry
bones comes back to life smiley Isn't Andy Uba the governor of Anambra state again? smiley

Pardon me, but I don't think the FG has any obligation to transcorp shareholders. They're not management and did not collect any funds from shareholders. They certainly did not make any representations or guarantees to shareholders, nor did they promise to refund shareholders if anything goes wrong. But you're right though, anything can happen, and the FG may well compensate shareholder for the nitel saga   Anyway, my best wishes to the shareholders of transcorp, this whole journey must have been a nightmare for them. It's been the biggest case of fraud I've seen to date. Makes me feel sad, to say the least.
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by grabdaloot(m): 11:46pm On Feb 19, 2008
On the ABC thing, they have signed a lot of management agreements lately. Imo state, Cross river state, Abia state for management of the state transit system but I don't see how that will impact positively. Their Q3 result was actually less than the previous year but having said that I know they invested a lot on medium size buses for their intra state transit program in the east. Plus as one of the official carriers of the ACN 2008 to Ghana but that profit shoudl show up in the full year 2008 as their year end is December
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by windywendy(f): 11:47pm On Feb 19, 2008
SavvyLanre:

@Windywendy
Infact me ma self - i wan be your Godbrother,
On any stock you buy, just send me trade alert as well.

Yeah right, like that's ever going to happen  tongue cheesy
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by blueband(m): 11:59pm On Feb 19, 2008
Access Bank returns N100bn to investors

Friday Ekeoba , Lagos - 20.02.2008

Access Bank has said it has returned N100 billion to investors whose subscription in the bank’s last public offer were not successful.
The bank’s public offer of 9.2 billion ordinary shares of 50 kobo each at N14.90 per share floated last year, in its quest to raise N75 billion was oversubscribed by 350 per cent.
Disclosing this on Tuesday at the bank’s Facts behind Figure on the floors of the Nigerian Stock Exchange (NSE), the Managing Director, Mr. Aigbojie Aig-Imokhuede said the bank is extending a five year strategic objectives, which aims at putting it among the top three banks in 2012.
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by pumping777(m): 12:06am On Feb 20, 2008
windywendy:

Pumping777 e get one question wey I wan ask o.

I filled out the CSCS form to register for trade alert because these BGL guys are not online. I paid the N2500, handed the deposit slip to the broker and registered online at CSCS. That was about 3wks ago. Wetin I go do now? just siddon look or wait until I get an email from CSCS? BGL confirmed to me that they signed whatever part they needed to sign and submitted the form to CSCS. What do you recommend I do? call cscs or wait? Thanks.

First, I registered at the CSCS website -->

http://www.cscsnigerialtd.com/modules.php?name=Your_Account&op=new_user

Eventually I got an email confirmation asking me to pay. I have to admit this took a while. Possibly up to a month. I can't recall exactly how long. This confirmation is key.

I forwarded the email confirmation to my broker together with the completed access form --> http://www.cscsnigerialtd.com/forms/subscription_form1.pdf

They filled their part and my broker helped me with the payment (Dis part na personal arrangement).

After about 2 weeks I got confirmation that I could now access my account online and I could access my account.

I still did not get trade alerts so I registered at -->
http://www.nse-cscstradealert.com/subcription.htm

After about a week I started getting my trade alerts.

@windywendy - You know you can also access CSCS via your BGL account? The account has been down so you may not know this. If you are interested, send me an email and I think I should be able to show you how to do this pending when you get your CSCS account with BGL activated.
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by dollarmani: 12:06am On Feb 20, 2008
Pumping,

i beg can you give me the number you got through to CSCS with
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by dollarmani: 12:08am On Feb 20, 2008
Pumping

and did you put you US phone number there ?
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by yodiyokun(f): 12:10am On Feb 20, 2008
Obalende:

@ yodiyokun

I recognise your post from that board about immigration and that thread- would you permit me to send u an email or PM on that website (site names withheld for your privacy). abeg - i hav an option of migrating to canada and i need someone who has experienced both sides like u. I will be going with a student visa - just looking for your comparisons of both places.

Chei - this is the disadvantage of having a web universal id ooooo.

Anyhow sha, e get plenty immigration site I visit ooo and I hardly go there anymore since I don arrive at the other side grin.

so any questions you have can be directed to my email mamaore at gmail.com,  then we can yarn from there.
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by IykeD1(m): 12:10am On Feb 20, 2008

Pardon me, but I don't think the FG has any obligation to transcorp shareholders. They're not management and did not collect any funds from shareholders. They certainly did not make any representations or guarantees to shareholders, nor did they promise to refund shareholders if anything goes wrong. But you're right though, anything can happen, and the FG may well compensate shareholder for the nitel saga Huh Anyway, my best wishes to the shareholders of transcorp, this whole journey must have been a nightmare for them. It's been the biggest case of fraud I've seen to date. Makes me feel sad, to say the least.

I think there is a mix up with regards to my use of compensation here. What I meant was
what will be refunded to Transcorp in cash or stake in NITEL and whether it will be $500m,
less, or slightly higher than what it has invested to date on NITEL. The FG can not even
settle the NITEL staff that were let go two years ago how much more compensate individual
Transcorp investor - that will definitely not happen.
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by pumping777(m): 12:15am On Feb 20, 2008
dollarmani:

Pumping

and did you put you US phone number there ?

I actually called CSCS Alert using the first number from the listed ones on their website below.

234-1-8923627
234-1-8923628
234-1-8179742
234-1-8179743
234-1-8179744

Email:
info@nse-cscstradealert.com
--------------
I believe they can help with CSCS queries as well.

Yes, I filled in my US number in this format - +1xxxxxxxxxx
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by IykeD1(m): 12:17am On Feb 20, 2008

Pardon me, but I don't think the FG has any obligation to transcorp shareholders. They're not management and did not collect any funds from shareholders. They certainly did not make any representations or guarantees to shareholders, nor did they promise to refund shareholders if anything goes wrong. But you're right though, anything can happen, and the FG may well compensate shareholder for the nitel saga Huh Anyway, my best wishes to the shareholders of transcorp, this whole journey must have been a nightmare for them. It's been the biggest case of fraud I've seen to date. Makes me feel sad, to say the least.

I think there is a mix up with regards to my use of compensation here. What I meant was
what will be refunded to Transcorp in cash or stake in NITEL and whether it will be $500m,
less, or slightly higher than what it has invested to date on NITEL. The FG can not even
settle the NITEL staff that were let go two years ago how much more compensate individual
Transcorp investor - that will definitely not happen.
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by sdeck: 12:21am On Feb 20, 2008
@grabdaloot
NIWICABLE is no longer under lock and key. Some people bought it into it. A special sale of the shares (placing) was done at N1.05 (I don't remember exactly). The new guys are working hard to turn things round.

@Tiwantiwa
Bagco. It is strange to have return money before publication of allotment basis. This allotment basis is not ready as SEC has not approved it. Plenty money will be returned though.

@Blueband
You don't need to sell your shares to move your account. If you sell, the stock may be hard to replace, you also pay brokers fees and COT (to the bank) while transferring money to new broker.

Option 1. Open a special CSCS account (N5,000 pa individuals and N10,00pa for a company) through your new broker. Go to CSCS website, download the form to move your stock from old broker to special CSCS account. Old broker may stall, but he will have to sign the form if you are not owing. Threaten to report to NSE and SEC if he does not sign. Use another from available from CSCS website to move from special CSCS account to new broker.

Option 2. You can transfer stocks (all of them) straight from old broker to new broker using what is called Inter-members transfer form. You have to open a new CSCS account with new broker first to do this. Again old broker may stall, but he has no choice, he must sign.

@Loma
Since you and a lot of black Nigerains are Obamalite, I reckon we should diversify the election portfolio, just in case, So some of us white Nigerians should start shouting Hillary for Ever or is it for life? So either way, we don't come short. Abi?
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by pumping777(m): 12:27am On Feb 20, 2008
@sdeck - So you be white Nigerian?  cheesy cheesy cheesy

How you come dey silent for this thread since. Abeg, we need ethnic diversification for this forum ke.
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by sdeck: 12:34am On Feb 20, 2008
@Pumping

I no dey silent for nothing. I dey new here. I just they try to find my way around. All these things about sanitised juju (candle and so on) needs some getting used to. And I no wan make people quickly discover say I be empty barrel.

Anyhow, if I hear some useful thing wey some knowledgeable or wise person wey no dey this forum talk, I go appropriate am broadcast am here and people (here) go think say I get original ideas and call me epa (sorry guguru)

Anyhow brother, I very much admire your spirit and insightful contributions. keep it up.
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by yodiyokun(f): 1:10am On Feb 20, 2008
@sdeck,
as you be billary supporter - you people just dey grab straws with this yeye plagarism accusation.

IS THAT ALL YOU GOT!!!!!!!!!!!!
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by NEPALOVA: 2:26am On Feb 20, 2008
My ppl I dey greet OH!.

Ive been fond of this site for a very long time now but i never really got to participate.
Anyways, there is small fire on the mountain for me right now and would be glad if anybody can give me insights to this issue.

Why EVANSMEDICAL dey skyrocket?
I got about 165k units at an average of about 8.30NGN b4 i left 9ja and I have been regretting it since.
Ive been strategizing to sell at a loss of about 200grand since the share price been dey hover bw 6.5 and 7.5.
Now I dont know whether to hold the stock further or to sell immediately.

So i guess my question is, What is the reason for its upward swing? is it just an inexplicable bubble in which case make i run now b4 it plunges perhaps even further or, is there a good explanation making it sensible to hold the stock even longer.
Once again, I greet una.
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by Omoba3(m): 3:32am On Feb 20, 2008
Got this market update in the post today. I guess this backs up the opinions of Pumping and Windywendy a few posts back.

Afribank plc gears towards a superb year end

With barely two months to the end of the current financial year of Afribank Plc, indices from the results and information
on ground all point to one definite conclusion: a bumper end of year result.

In its just concluded public offer in late 2007, the bank made a profit before tax projection of N12.07 billion with a
dividend payout amounting to N6.07 billion. The bank as at the end of its third quarter ended December 31, 2007
had already reached the set target for the full year.

In its third quarter result, it would be recalled that the bank had a pre-tax profit of N11.04 billion which was far
above more that what was projected in the offer prospectus. Based on this and the availability of funds to the bank as
a result of the successful offer, the financial institution might be hitting the N15 billion marks when its financial year
ends in March 2008.

Most investors would want to start taking positions now ahead of a bountiful year as the countdown
to March 31, 2008 has almost begun. The price of the company stock stood at N26.33 at the close of trading on February 15, 2008.
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by gonyix: 3:39am On Feb 20, 2008
Hi nairalanders its been geat reading all the post and more than anything I apriciate the altruism
here, plz keep the post coming, together we will one day be like napoleon (prosperous)
As for access bank po, has anyone seen the allotment table, and how about the returned moni anyone got theirs yet?
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by Omoba3(m): 4:10am On Feb 20, 2008
Topgun: What can you glean from this chart?

Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by NBA(m): 4:11am On Feb 20, 2008
Barack Obama cruised past a fading Hillary Rodham Clinton in the Wisconsin primary Tuesday night, gaining the upper hand in a Democratic presidential race for the ages. It was Obama's ninth straight victory over the past three weeks, and left the former first lady in desperate need of a comeback in a race she long commanded as front-runner.

YIKES! Billary folks  - PELE O! cry cry cry

Grandpa McCain's boring victory speech was painful to watch. It was way past his bedtime.
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by loma(m): 5:39am On Feb 20, 2008
Folks, I just came back from the Obama rally at the Toyota Center in Houston. It was historic!

Ladies and gentlemen, please rise to welcome the winner of the Winsconsin primaries, and the next President of the United States of America, grin grin grin

I felt a part of history. His speech was even more inspiring standing few feet away from me. Obama in flesh and blood.Texas, Yes we can!

So they won't accuse of of talking politics here, let me talk some stock stuff. The new entrant, sorry company on the exchange gained another state, sorry points,while Hillary lost a white state, her stock lost, tongue

Make I go celeberate before I mix everything up
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by samstone4(m): 5:51am On Feb 20, 2008
@SDeck, Loma, Yodi, NBA etc

I think it is very telling that Hannity on Fox news channel a few days ago asked Republicans in Texas to do their duty by voting for Obama on March 4th.

This suggests what I have always suspected that a lot of "independents" and Republicans are voting for Obama in the hope that he will be easier for McCain to defeat. Having said that I have a very cynical America based Nigerian friend who is convinced Obama is the real deal and thinks he has very good chance.

For those who don't know, Hannity is the right wing presenter on Hannity and Colne.

Samstone4 cool cool cool
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by samstone4(m): 5:55am On Feb 20, 2008
@Iyke-D

Where did you get the information that Andy Uba is back as Anambra governor?

Samstone4 cool
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by nkc(m): 6:42am On Feb 20, 2008
@aktopgun, thanks for d dunlop, so u r saying its a good time to buy? undecided
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by FatherOF2: 7:09am On Feb 20, 2008
Playing catchup from page 502.

WASKY-WAJA:

GUYS IN THE HOUSE I THANK YOU ALL ,

In keeping to my promise of updating you guys, i am publishing below:

THE 40M HAS BEEN ALLOTED LIKE THIS:

1. BUY 450,000.00 OF FCMB AT N20.23 OR BELOW (N9,103,500)AND ENTER A STOPLOSS N19

2. BUY 200,000.00 OF FIRST BANK AT N50.45 (N10,090,000)

5. BUY 421,700 OF DIAMOND BANK AT N22.25 (N9,382,825) ENTER STOP LOSS N21

6. BUY 250,000 UNION HOMES AT N8.95 (N2,237,500) ENTER STOPLOSS N7.50

10.BUY 900,000 NEM INSURANCE AT N5.48 (N4,932,000) ENTER STOP LOSS N4.50

6. BUY 500,000 UNITS OF AG LEVENTIS AT N8.51 (N4,255,000) STOP LOSS N7.50

I will not forget FO2 ,risky, roughcut ,Yodiyokun, aktopgun, Easimoni,ololufemi,Naijadr and other gurus!

I will appreciate everybodies comment before i send out the order this afternoon,

Abeg reverse that First Bank order at that price oh. You know how many certificate i don see for my broker table yesterday?.All lining up for firing squad.
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by loma(m): 7:19am On Feb 20, 2008
Good morning Father of two, long time o.

On Vitafoam, what advice do you have for CICO?
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by aktopgun(m): 7:26am On Feb 20, 2008
@omoba3

from ur chart on afribank, its within a tight trading range between N26 and N27 naira and has been so since mid january. this news about a good result will help. the Macd is trading above its trigger line and the histogram is positive.

there price isnt currently trending ad u can see from the ADX, the fast and slow stochastics are above their triger lines as well. It might be a good tome to buy. lets wait and see what today brings but i suspect there's only one direction the prices will go in th enear future. Maiduguri.
CAVEAT EMPTOR
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by aktopgun(m): 7:29am On Feb 20, 2008
aktopgun:

@nkc

looks like dunlop is entering a trading range and may form support at this level.

@NKC,

personally, i would wait a little on dunlop for confirmation before i jump in
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by adewaleafolabi(m): 7:32am On Feb 20, 2008
I want to sell 1000 units of zenith bank shares today today @#50 each offer closes today. Interested buyers should lets talk 08025426934 interested buyers only am serious

(1) (2) (3) ... (508) (509) (510) (511) (512) (513) (514) ... (793) (Reply)

Mutual Funds / MBA Investors Forum / Crypto Currency Investors Thread

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 90
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.