Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,168,992 members, 7,873,199 topics. Date: Thursday, 27 June 2024 at 09:49 AM

Stock Market Tips For Nigerians - Investment (516) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Investment / Stock Market Tips For Nigerians (821599 Views)

Nigeria: Stock Market Rides On Elections Success, Gains N178 Billion / Stock Market: Questions And Answers / Nigerian Banks, Stockbrokers, And Services For Nigerians Abroad (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (513) (514) (515) (516) (517) (518) (519) ... (793) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by MrRisky: 3:31pm On Feb 20, 2008
Mr. Risky:

Thank you my brother Blueband,  Here is a list of stocks to buy:

Afroil (Fundamentals:  WIWO)
First Alluminium (Fundamentals: CICO)
Capoil (Fundamentals:  RIRO)
Acen Insurance (Fundamentals:  I forgot)
Dangote Pure Water (Fundamentals: See Madam Ndi for details)

Afroil will be giving 10 for 1 bonus.  Don't ask me where I heard it.  Read Thatdayonline.

Afribank has changed their mind on the Bonus, they forgot they did a PO.  Again don't ask me for details.
Sterling Bank has been lifted from technical demotion (if there is anything like that)
etc etc etc.  More breaking news to follow.

CAVEAT EMPTY

Lest I forget, here is a suplementary list of stocks to buy, pls be mindful of the FUNDAMENTALS

Wema Bank (JIJO - Jump in Jump out)
Spring Bank (DIDO - Dash In Dash Out)
Second Alluminium (In case you are unable to find First)
Footwear without Accessories (Check the NSE list, wear your glasses)
Onwuka Hi-tek (Heard about turn around effective 2015)

Or buy anything, afterall anything that goes up must come down,

YOU ARE SURE OF MAXIMUM RETURNS IF TAKE LOAN FROM UBA

AGAIN CAVEAT EMPTY
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by gonyix: 3:32pm On Feb 20, 2008
dollyp1cute:

Oceanic leading the pack?!

http://www.guardian.co.uk/feedarticle?id=7323661
samstone4:

@Nairalanders

Here's the latest from Proshare:

"The Nigerian Stock Exchange has today placed the price of African Petroleum Plc on technical suspension following the receipt of an application for offer for subscription of 199,070,721 units at N250 per share and rights issue of 262,929,279 units at N230 per share."

Explains the extraordinary rise in the price of AP. Talk about price manipulation!

Samstone4 cool cool
samstone4 link=topic=31554.msg1976829#msg1976829 date=1203516188:

@Nairalanders

Here's the latest from Proshare:

"The Nigerian Stock Exchange has today placed the price of African Petroleum Plc on technical suspension following the receipt of an application for offer for subscription of 199,070,721 units at N250 per share and rights issue of 262,929,279 units at N230 per share."

Explains the extraordinary rise in the price of AP. Talk about price manipulation!

Samstone4 cool cool cool

And they say there is no price manipulation in the nse? this stock has been a supernova since taking off from 47 less than a year ago. I am sure some insiders new there was going to be a po at 250 thats why the stock did not slow down till it crossed that N250 do you all remember what Oga Napoleon said about these kinds for shady manipulations?.
Where is the toothless tiger(sec) thats suposed to protect the market from all these shenanigans
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by blueband(m): 3:33pm On Feb 20, 2008
SEC needs a Ribadu there.Or rather it should be broken into smaller units for effective management.
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by Emekaap: 3:35pm On Feb 20, 2008
@Aktopgun
Wetin your candle dey see for Dangote sugar
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by wanaj0: 3:37pm On Feb 20, 2008
MyPeace:

@wanajo

but l thought they would write the returned cheque in her name then the husband can lodge it in her account and process from there.

Do you know the coys registrars address?

Access bank registrars is Wema Registrars on Marina.

Yes the cheque will be in her name but he will not be able to collect it from the registrar without a letter of authority.
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by MyPeace(f): 3:38pm On Feb 20, 2008
thx pumping

pls l need registrars address of dangote flour and access bank.
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by MyPeace(f): 3:40pm On Feb 20, 2008
ok, thx wanajo

what of dangote flour?
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by upward(m): 3:48pm On Feb 20, 2008
Emeka_ap:

@Aktopgun
Wetin your candle dey see for Dangote sugar

Sorry, I no be aktopgun, but I checked the candles and reported here this morning, and this was what I said:

[/quote] And for owners of Dangote Sugar shares, some news that may interest you is in the link below (Dangote sugar embarks on expansion and promises MORE returns to investors, by FY).

http://www.nigeriansecurities.com/shownews3.php?url=http://www.businessdayonline.com/investor/4231.html?print

Yeah, many gurus have recommended this stock severally on this thread, and I think one can still enter at current price; although the charts (candles) show there might be some more drop. The MACD histogram is just around the zero line, though looks like it's trending downwards, for the stochastic, %K is lower than the %D and still pointing downwards.

Fundamentally not bad to me, EPS of 2.16, and PE ratio of 19.62 (one of the lowest in it's sector). This is not an outright recommendation as I may not even be "guru enough" to do that, however I'm in on this one. Got me some chunk at 40.point something, and it's a medium-to-long term investment for me. That said, do your research and make the decision. CAVEAT EMPTOR. [quote]
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by hbrednic: 3:50pm On Feb 20, 2008
LOTS OF BLOOD ON THE DANCING FLOOR TODAY.

@MYPEACE
SORRY FOR YOUR LOSS.
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by JAZES(m): 3:54pm On Feb 20, 2008
i hail all d gugurus in the house o e.g fatherof1+1, roughDIAMONDcut, AKshortGUN, windyWIWOwendy, and not forgetting uncleNAPOLEON. U pple too much jo. IS it cool to enter 1stinland bank now,though not sure if the TS has been lifted cos i notice say for NSE price must to shoot up immediately after PO.
Awaiting your response.
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by dollyp1cute(f): 4:03pm On Feb 20, 2008
Mr. Risky:

Lest I forget, here is a suplementary list of stocks to buy, please be mindful of the FUNDAMENTALS

Wema Bank (JIJO - Jump in Jump out)
Spring Bank (DIDO - Dash In Dash Out)
Second Alluminium (In case you are unable to find First)
Footwear without Accessories (Check the NSE list, wear your glasses)
Onwuka Hi-tek (Heard about turn around effective 2015)

Or buy anything, afterall anything that goes up must come down,

YOU ARE SURE OF MAXIMUM RETURNS IF TAKE LOAN FROM UBA

AGAIN CAVEAT EMPTY

grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin

I DON TIRE FOR ALL YOU GUYS NOW, I THINK YOU ARE SUFFERING FROM TMMINSE (Too Much Money In NSE).

May and Baker finally paying me back.

ABC broke N4 barrier today and my broker informs me it was scarce on the floor wish I had loaded more.                                    

Seriously whethere you SIRO, CICO, DIDO, RIRO, CANDLE remember that your broker is key o.
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by debenzd(f): 4:05pm On Feb 20, 2008
@mypeace,

Please accept my condolence.
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by nkc(m): 4:12pm On Feb 20, 2008
pls i want to give my broker some commsion for his work, what do u guys recommend, thanks, pls check candles oh grin
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by 4wheel: 4:14pm On Feb 20, 2008
@Mypeace,
Please, accept my condolence for the loss. May HSRIP, amen.

@MrRisky,
Are you really serious about the Afroil bonus? Cos I've advised my broker to shed off asap. If bonus is on the way, why not CICO (not SIRO this time grin) and make Easter an atilogu fanfare, I need to even visit Dubai sef! grin grin grin
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by EKWA(m): 4:15pm On Feb 20, 2008
Sorry for your lost.Dangote flour . Oceanic bank registrear ,hope this help.
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by nkc(m): 4:16pm On Feb 20, 2008
pls i want to give my broker some commsion for his work, what do u guys recommend, thanks, pls check candles oh grin
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by NBA(m): 4:17pm On Feb 20, 2008
@MyPeace
Sorry about your loss.
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by Omoba3(m): 4:19pm On Feb 20, 2008
Mypeace: Sorry to learn of your loss. God has consoled you and your family and healed the wounds that come with such a loss.
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by upward(m): 4:20pm On Feb 20, 2008
upward:

Sorry, I no be aktopgun, but I checked the candles and reported here this morning, and this was what I said:

Have been trying to post this, hope it doesn't come in multiples.

Like I said in my previous posts, Dangote sugar was headed for a drop today (from the candles) and it did drop. I have checked teh charts for today and it still looks like it may drop further.  The MACD still trends downwards and below it's trigger line; the histogram still going further down into the negative axis and the Fast stochastic is also trending downward below the %D the trigger line, although the angle of depression seems to be reducing/leveling.
Let's wait for teh guru AKTOPGUN to throw more light. I hope I got the attachment
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by Omoba3(m): 4:22pm On Feb 20, 2008
Topgun: Thanks for your earlier reply. Here's another one for you. Thanks for your help.
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by blueband(m): 4:23pm On Feb 20, 2008
Mypeace,
Sorry for the loss.
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by Omoba3(m): 4:23pm On Feb 20, 2008
Topgun: Thanks for your earlier reply. Here's another one for you. Thanks for your help.

Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by nkc(m): 4:24pm On Feb 20, 2008
my peace, sorry for your loss
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by RoughCut(m): 4:28pm On Feb 20, 2008
MyPeace:

thx pumping

please l need registrars address of dangote flour and access bank.
Sorry to hear about your sister and may the good Lord comfort  you on every side

Oceanic registrar: The tel # is 271-3300 and and they will probably direct you to call another number i didnt write it down the last time but this number is a very good starting point though.

They are quite helpful if somebody manages to pick up the phone. I think it also helped  that i spoke like somebody who has  never seen  inside the plane flying to Nigeria before.

Oceanic registar were the registrars to  Dangote Flour IPO
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by Genuine(m): 4:31pm On Feb 20, 2008
@Omoba3:

Please where did you get that chart from?
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by MyPeace(f): 4:32pm On Feb 20, 2008
@all

Thanks alot.
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by frankiriri(m): 4:43pm On Feb 20, 2008
windywendy:

Ha lailai, me no fit try that kin tin o! The NSE is not that tempting  cheesy
Yes it may not be tempting to you but we cant say the same for many other N'landers kiss Well at least on this same thread many have sold their fathers land and used rent money to SIRO so I imagine that ' a little thing' like post poning college wont matter to them.
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by samstone4(m): 4:47pm On Feb 20, 2008
@MyPeace.

Condolences on the loss of your sister.
May her soul rest in peace.

Sorry can't advise about the registrars names but think somebody already gave you that for Dangote Flour .

The best strategy is probably to be patient and hope the warrants are sent to her last known address. If this is done, I am sure her husband can find a way to encash.

Otherwise things will have to be done by the book. The letter of administration for the estate will have to be sorted out before her husband or heir can go to the registrars for the companies to collect.

Goodluck.

Samstone4 cool
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by sdeck: 4:49pm On Feb 20, 2008
@mypeace
My condolence.

I suggest that you don't in the first instance go after Oceanic Registrars for the Return money and certificates for Dangote Flour. Return money cheques were delivered to brokers and other receiving agents  (through whom you submitted the application) and over 75% of that money must be back in the system by now.

The registrar has also been telling people to come and collect the certificates. I reckon that it will be easier to deal with the broker than the registrar since the broker may even know you quite well.
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by ololufemi: 5:03pm On Feb 20, 2008
@ All Afribank Holders,

If you bought at 25 to 28, you go still smile because them go perform the magic again.

grin grin grin grin

Stay cool, calm and collected. cool cool cool cool
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by upward(m): 5:05pm On Feb 20, 2008
here

Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by frankiriri(m): 5:06pm On Feb 20, 2008
SGN:

This is why with CICO, SIRO  and every other ones, I make sure the stock can pass a basic fundamental test.  In that way, if yawa gas, I can still leave it and be at peace.  My first aim, is long term.  But opportunity in between, I grab.
Correct strategy. Let all the others CICOers follow suit. You may smile away to the bank on many transactions without fundamentals but just one deal turned sour may put you out.

(1) (2) (3) ... (513) (514) (515) (516) (517) (518) (519) ... (793) (Reply)

Mutual Funds / MBA Investors Forum / Crypto Currency Investors Thread

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.