Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,173,364 members, 7,888,175 topics. Date: Friday, 12 July 2024 at 09:00 PM

Stock Market Tips For Nigerians - Investment (517) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Investment / Stock Market Tips For Nigerians (823996 Views)

Nigeria: Stock Market Rides On Elections Success, Gains N178 Billion / Stock Market: Questions And Answers / Nigerian Banks, Stockbrokers, And Services For Nigerians Abroad (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (514) (515) (516) (517) (518) (519) (520) ... (793) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by ololufemi: 5:10pm On Feb 20, 2008
@ All,

A good way of investing longterm now is to buy this Skye PO offer in about multiple places of 5000 units or 10000 units  each and watch your money double in about 6 months time.

You only have to be patient but rest of mind is there that your money go bouble.
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by windywendy(f): 5:10pm On Feb 20, 2008
frankiriri:

Yes it may not be tempting to you but we can't say the same for many other N'landers kiss Well at least on this same thread many have sold their fathers land and used rent money to SIRO so I imagine that ' a little thing' like post poning college wont matter to them.

Anyway you may be right though. But my own be say: hell hath no fury like a mom whose kids' tuition money is about to be diverted to CICO. Na yawa be that o! Me I don talk my own finish.  cheesy cheesy

@MyPeace, sorry to hear about your loss.

Did your sister include her husband's name on the forms as her next of kin? That should make it easier abi? Alternatively, if they have a joint account the husband can wait for the check to be posted and then lodge it in. Another alternative could be to get the broker to pick it up and then collect it from the broker.
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by pumping777(m): 5:18pm On Feb 20, 2008
nkc:

please i want to give my broker some commsion for his work, what do u guys recommend, thanks, please check candles oh grin

He he. Dat one go depend on the "levels" of your broker and of course the amount of profit you have made.

Make it clear sha that you are compensating him/her for helping you make that "profit" and will appreciate it if he/she continues to go out of his/her way to keep the "profit" rolling.

My friend gives 1% of his profit. He estimates this about quarterly so it sums up to something reasonable but with a cap of N250K each time. I like the style but I wonder what happens when he makes a loss  

If this is reasonable or not I don't know. It depends on how much profit he manages to make anyway.

I don't use percentage. Just bulk dash but very occasional. Every day is not Xmas ke.  I prefer to tie my own to good service from my broker coupled with events like birthdays, easter etc so it feels more natural. grin

Whichever way sha I think it is good to take care of your broker even if na with bottle of Gulder or children's school fees. grin grin
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by pumping777(m): 5:21pm On Feb 20, 2008
ololufemi:

@ All,

A good way of investing longterm now is to buy this Skye PO offer in about multiple places of 5000 units or 10000 units  each and watch your money double in about 6 months time.

You only have to be patient but rest of mind is there that your money go bouble.

I second your opinion fully but the double booster shot of vaccination and innoculation wey I don collect against PO's no gree me at all at all.

Instead I go buy Skye for floor at most at N20 after TS is lifted and collect 70% in that same one year without any over-subscription palava. grin grin grin
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by frankiriri(m): 5:27pm On Feb 20, 2008
@ mypeace
Accept my condolence.
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by windywendy(f): 5:29pm On Feb 20, 2008
pumping777:

. . .
Whichever way sha I think it is good to take care of your broker even if na wit bottle of Gulder or children's school fees. grin grin

Ah, this one is even worse. You carry pickin school fees go dash give broker say wetin? Make your own pickin dey sit at home dey watch barney and winney the pooh while broker pickin dey bounce go school to learn beta tin abi? chei, just the thought of it is giving me a headache already That one na real state of emergency family meeting go happen one time. grin

On a serious note though, I think the idea of compensating your broker is a very good one. Nice one there.
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by MyPeace(f): 5:29pm On Feb 20, 2008
@Sdeck
she bought from a bank, thats the problem, else it would have been her brokers headache.

@windy
yes, she filled the husband's name as next of kin.  l resolve he first goes to the registrars to know if they have sent the cheque to her postal address before any further action.

thx alot.
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by RoughCut(m): 5:31pm On Feb 20, 2008
pumping777:

I second your opinion fully but the double booster shot of vaccination and innoculation wey I don collect against PO's no gree me at all at all.

Instead I go buy Skye for floor at most at N20 after TS is lifted and collect 70% in that same one year without any over-subscription palava. grin grin grin

Guess who has bought already and still looking grin grin grin grin grin but my own go pass 70% sha. I no even sabi wetin the percentages dey talk again for Costain now. Some things you no need to dey check them again.
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by windywendy(f): 5:32pm On Feb 20, 2008
MyPeace:

@Sdeck
she bought from a bank, thats the problem, else it would have been her brokers headache.

@windy
yes, she filled the husband's name as next of kin.  l resolve he first goes to the registrars to know if they have sent the cheque to her postal address before any further action.
thx alot.

Yes, sounds like a good idea.
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by nkc(m): 5:33pm On Feb 20, 2008
thanks pumping, i will sure do something, its my afroil loot, i want him to enjoy grin
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by SGN(m): 5:34pm On Feb 20, 2008
Treating the broker well, I second that.  

The amount will vary sha.  Depending on the performance (not just portfolio appreciation).
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by nkc(m): 5:35pm On Feb 20, 2008
thanks windy for commenting grin
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by nkc(m): 5:37pm On Feb 20, 2008
@SGN, thanks kindly elaborate
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by RoughCut(m): 5:37pm On Feb 20, 2008
windywendy:

Ah, this one is even worse. You carry pickin school fees go dash give broker say wetin? Make your own pickin dey sit at home dey watch barney and winney the pooh while broker pickin dey bounce go school to learn beta tin abi? That one na real state of emergency family meeting go happen one time. grin

On a serious note though, I think the idea of compensating your broker is a very good one. Nice one there.

Life is all about relationships and networking. And that involves saying Thank You sometimes in your own way even though some peeps will argue that your broker is being paid for 'services' rendered i suppose its all about going the 'extra' mile and believe me its well worth it at the end

Like elder Napoleon  come talk every time wey i enter plane go naija na so so TM Lewin shirts full my luggage o! in addition to the 'dash' wey you don dash already. everybody dey wear TM Lewin shirt for London but the material no dey cheap sha grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by windywendy(f): 5:37pm On Feb 20, 2008
RoughCut:

Guess who has bought already and still looking grin grin grin grin grin but my own go pass 70% sha. I no even sabi wetin the percentages dey talk again for Costain now. Some things you no need to dey check them again.

Oh no! you again  shocked shocked shocked. So it's you who prevented my broker from getting me my share abi? Anyway, God dey  grin grin
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by pumping777(m): 5:38pm On Feb 20, 2008
RoughCut:

@SmoothRoughcut - Time don reach to change your name na. You be too much of a smooth operator a.ka Turbo Jet flight pilot  grin Chei!
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by RoughCut(m): 5:40pm On Feb 20, 2008
pumping777:

@SmoothRoughcut - Time don reach to change your name na. You be too much of a smooth operator a.ka Turbo Jet flight pilot grin Chei!

I go soon patent that name!
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by frankiriri(m): 5:41pm On Feb 20, 2008
I am all for settling your broker. But I wont do it on a percentage basis oh.  :oshuo. Dat one go only increase my cost
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by RoughCut(m): 5:43pm On Feb 20, 2008
windywendy:

Oh no! you again  shocked shocked shocked. So it's you who prevented my broker from getting me my share abi? Anyway, God dey  grin grin

I started buying before it went on TS though so like someone said every  CICO ,RO-RO, GIGO, SISO stock must also pass the long-term test grin grin grin

If i begin catalogue all the stocks wey you don 'corner' for this thread i sure say i go need more than one page!
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by RoughCut(m): 5:47pm On Feb 20, 2008
pumping777:

@SmoothRoughcut - Time don reach to change your name na. You be too much of a smooth operator a.ka Turbo Jet flight pilot grin Chei!

I must pay the £40K for the Said Bus school Oxford MBA before end of the year grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by windywendy(f): 5:50pm On Feb 20, 2008
RoughCut:

I must pay the £40K for the Said Bus school Oxford MBA before end of the year grin grin grin grin grin grin

Ok, ok, enjoy your skye bank loot!

But you suppose carry that 40k pounds sterling go dash your broker for all im hard work na cheesy Abi Pumping777 how you see am? grin It sure wouldn't hurt now, would it? cheesy
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by SGN(m): 5:55pm On Feb 20, 2008
nkc:

@SGN, thanks kindly elaborate

I mean, if I have a brute broker, it doesn't matter if my portfolio performs (and that will bedown to me because I don't take broker's advise, and since he is what he is), he will only get paid for his job. If he behaves funny, his boss will sort both of us out.

My broker, I call him anytime, or at odd time I send text. He respond and we relate quite well. Orders get executed promptly and other associated papereork here and there are sorted out with minimal effort. thats what I am talking about.
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by pumping777(m): 5:57pm On Feb 20, 2008
windywendy:

But you suppose carry that 40k pounds sterling go dash your broker for all im hard work na cheesy Abi Pumping777 how you see am? grin It sure wouldn't hurt now, would it? cheesy

Yes, that will be a better way to compensate your broker jare grin grin grin
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by pinokio(m): 5:59pm On Feb 20, 2008
omo c&i leasing don turn blood money oh! afraid don dey catch me. i bought a ticket at bus stop 5N, 9N, and 10.30N. but d speed wey d bus take dey climb gallop don dey gimme heart attack. make i jump down from the bus b4 e crash abi make i buy anoder ticket for the nxt bus stop. elders please let me know
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by nkc(m): 5:59pm On Feb 20, 2008
@sgn, thanks
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by pumping777(m): 6:01pm On Feb 20, 2008
SGN:

I mean, if I have a brute broker, it doesn't matter if my portfolio performs (and that will bedown to me because I don't take broker's advise, and since he is what he is), he will only get paid for his job. If he behaves funny, his boss will sort both of us out.

My broker, I call him anytime, or at odd time I send text. He respond and we relate quite well. Orders get executed promptly and other associated papereork here and there are sorted out with minimal effort. thats what I am talking about.

You need to see this relationship from another angle pata pata. What I have bolded above is the brokers' job. He/She must deliver this minimum.

However, see my friend when I bin dey talk. Him broker bin get am 750K of Aiico while on TS.

The broker no be mugu now. Him fit buy am all for himself. He come go carry give some to my friend and my friend don hammer today at N6.50  grin grin.

Na dis one them dey call "beyond the call of duty". Gulder no go work for dis one  grin grin grin
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by RoughCut(m): 6:03pm On Feb 20, 2008
windywendy:

That one even worse pass make i carry my son's school fees go do CICO for NSE at least if no gree pay my son's school fees wifey go cough up grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin

You have to come up with a better idea on how to say 'thank you' to my broker!
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by pumping777(m): 6:05pm On Feb 20, 2008
pinokio:

omo c&i leasing don turn blood money oh! afraid don dey catch me. i bought a ticket at bus stop 5N, 9N, and 10.30N. but d speed wey d bus take dey climb gallop don dey gimme heart attack. make i jump down from the bus before e crash abi make i buy anoder ticket for the nxt bus stop. elders please let me know

Na stubborn fly dey follow corpse enter inside grave o grin grin grin
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by SGN(m): 6:06pm On Feb 20, 2008
pumping777:

You need to see this relationship from another angle pata pata. What I have bolded above is the brokers' job. He/She must deliver this minimum.

However, see my friend when I bin dey talk. Him broker bin get am 750K of Aiico while on TS.

The broker no be mugu now and he can buy it all for himself. He come carry give some to my friend and my friend don hammer today at N6.50  grin grin.

Na that one them dey call "beyond the call of duty". Gulder no go work for this one  grin grin grin

I know that is the minimum, but I read several people experience here about their broker that's why I made that comment, to start with.  I understand 'beyond the call of duty'  You no how e be now. I have been a beneficiary of such myself. Not AIICO sha.  You friend don hammer for real grin
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by RoughCut(m): 6:08pm On Feb 20, 2008
pumping777:

The broker no be mugu now. Him fit buy am all for himself. He come go carry give some to my friend and my friend don hammer today at N6.50 grin grin.

Na that one them dey call "beyond the call of duty". Gulder no go work for this one grin grin grin

That is exactly what i meant when i said going the 'extra mile' and you would be surprised it makes the heck a lot of difference
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by donne4real(m): 6:11pm On Feb 20, 2008
RoughCut:

I sat through the speech on CNN at 3AM CET all 45 mins of it!

I think the problem for Billary is she's spent 140M already and she hasnt managed to land the killer punch. I remember her saying a while she hopes to wrap up the nomination by 5th February which the super Tuesday. She budgeted up till that time i think 'because she wasnt expecting a protracted nomination. Now the rumours is that she's running low and compounded by the fact that she has to win VERY BIG in Texas the second most populous state in US in the order of 60-40% just to catch with Barrack which she's never going to do.

If she loses in Texas her campaign would be mortally wounded and may not recover. grin grin grin grin grin grin

And for those thinking the nomination will be decided by the super delegates all 800 of them at the convention in Denver in August in the event none of the candidates get the required 2025 nominations required.

If she loses in Texas i think the super delegates are not that stupid to go against the will of the majority so she cannot count on that scenario to work in her favour

And i'm sure the democrat grandees including Nancy Pelosi and Al Gore et all will put a lot of pressure on her to withdraw and avoid a long drawn-out and proctrated nomnation campaign up until August if she doe not make a good showing in TX

The point being she has to perform on the 4th Of March and i don't see that happening.

I'm planning on watching the debate taking place in TX this weekend she needs to come with a blinder and a barn-storming performance against Obama but she looks like she's running out of steam and ideas so not sure what else she needs to try

Who is courageous enough to stand in the way of the Obama HURRICANE?

may be i should apply to become one of Billary's democratic strategists she clearly hasnt got enough left in the tank and the journey ahead looks far grin grin grin grin grin grin grin

Just a bit of distraction from the Transcorp soap opera sha!

My problem with the Obama-crazes that they have turned this man to something of a mini-god. You hear people crying and shaking when he speaks. But when you really consider what he has said, he hasnt really said anything special.
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by RoughCut(m): 6:14pm On Feb 20, 2008
donne4real:

My problem with the Obama-crazes that they have turned this man to something of a mini-god. You hear people crying and shaking when he speaks. But when you really consider what he has said, he hasnt really said anything special.

I will seriously disagree with you on that one. Actually did you listen to the speech? or may be we are talking about two different speeches here!

(1) (2) (3) ... (514) (515) (516) (517) (518) (519) (520) ... (793) (Reply)

Mutual Funds / MBA Investors Forum / Crypto Currency Investors Thread

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 66
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.