Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,173,371 members, 7,888,212 topics. Date: Friday, 12 July 2024 at 09:47 PM

Stock Market Tips For Nigerians - Investment (518) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Investment / Stock Market Tips For Nigerians (824005 Views)

Nigeria: Stock Market Rides On Elections Success, Gains N178 Billion / Stock Market: Questions And Answers / Nigerian Banks, Stockbrokers, And Services For Nigerians Abroad (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (515) (516) (517) (518) (519) (520) (521) ... (793) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by yodiyokun(f): 6:21pm On Feb 20, 2008
RoughCut:

I will seriously disagree with you on that one. Actually did you listen to the speech? or may be we are talking about two different speeches here!

I listened to the speech man mi - I was glued from start to finish. In fact these days na CNN - I dey watch every evening-- I did not know US politics dey sweet like this.

Look - listen to OBAMA very well - this guy is talking about a paradigm shift in thinking - a completely different way of doing things and a new mind set. The guy is courageous and has lofty ideas and dreams. If he can realize them - america will be the better for it.

Not all these potbelly clinton and war hero politicians that are used to doing the same thing the old way. Is it not madness to expect a different result while repeating the same thing.

I beg we need an OBAMA for naija jere - any takers?
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by yodiyokun(f): 6:24pm On Feb 20, 2008
Meanwhile - anyone looking at the blood on the dance floor - what goes up must come down - UTC and Second Aluminium.

Gradaloot - I hope you have parachuted from your UTC flight.

ABC transport - hmm make I no talk.

I dey watch one stock - e no get fundamental but no shaking my liver carry am and this na bull season ke!.
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by RoughCut(m): 6:26pm On Feb 20, 2008
yodiyokun:

I listened to the speech man mi - I was glued from start to finish. In fact these days na CNN - I dey watch every evening-- I did not know US politics dey sweet like this.

Look - listen to OBAMA very well - this guy is talking about a paradigm shift in thinking - a completely different way of doing things and a new mind set. The guy is courageous and has lofty ideas and dreams. If he can realize them - america will be the better for it.

Not all these potbelly clinton and war hero politicians that are used to doing the same thing the old way. Is it not madness to expect a different result while repeating the same thing.

I woke up at 3AM CET to listen to the speech and wa o did the boy rise to the occasion? Billary has no answers to what has hit her just now.

The debate on Friday should be very interesting
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by yodiyokun(f): 6:29pm On Feb 20, 2008
I tell you except OBAMA committs serious blunder will Billary recover if not she should just bow out gracefully.

Right now if she attack too much at the debate she will appear too desperate. I really don't know what magic she can pull out her hat right now to win Texas and OHIO by 20points which she needs to even out the delegate lead Obama has.

Please let someone tell Mccain to keep quite joo,  if the guy wants to beat OBAMA, he better drop the experience angle that one no go work.

However I digress!.

See you peeps later.
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by RoughCut(m): 6:29pm On Feb 20, 2008
yodiyokun:

ABC transport - hmm make I no talk.

I dey watch one stock - e no get fundamental but no shaking my liver carry am and this na bull season ke!.

Which means you have that one sealed already and you dont want to arouse any interest in the stock on this forum. I understand everything you are trying to say no need to say more Ha ha ha! cool cool cool cool cool cool cool cool cool
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by LondonCool(m): 6:31pm On Feb 20, 2008

The erstwhile Guv' of Cross River State -Donald Duke would have been our own 'Obama' if OBJ had allowed him to contest.
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by donne4real(m): 6:31pm On Feb 20, 2008
RoughCut:

I will seriously disagree with you on that one. Actually did you listen to the speech? or may be we are talking about two different speeches here!

Roughcut and Yodiyokun,

I agree with you that this guy is a great orator. He will qualify as one of the best orators in recent history. No doubt he can speak. But this is America.
My point is that he is not the Messiah. People have made him to be the messiah of America. Some people are already comparing him to Jesus.
Wait for the elections, you will see how the Republicans will pummel him. You will begin to wonder if this is the same Obama they have been praising all this while.
In the past 2 days, the republican columnists who have been praising him have started attacking him as being only speech and only rhetoric.

The 2nd point is the fact that he has so much raised the expectations he is setting for himself that he will need a miracle to meet these expectations. You also have to consider that Republicans have no incentive to work with him. If they work with him and he succeeds, that guarantees at least 8-16yrs of Democratic rulel
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by pumping777(m): 6:34pm On Feb 20, 2008
donne4real:

My problem with the Obama-crazes that they have turned this man to something of a mini-god. You hear people crying and shaking when he speaks. But when you really consider what he has said, he hasnt really said anything special.

Try listen some more.

That is even BTW. You see, the ability to motivate a people can never be over-emphasized.

A fired up "people" will achieve a lot more than any government.

Go Obama Go!!
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by IykeD1(m): 6:34pm On Feb 20, 2008
Someone has a problem with Obama speeches? Try enjoying John Mcain's smiley smiley smiley
"My friends, my friends, my friends, lets go after the terrorists"!
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by pumping777(m): 6:37pm On Feb 20, 2008
donne4real:

Roughcut and Yodiyokun,

I agree with you that this guy is a great orator. He will qualify as one of the best orators in recent history. No doubt he can speak. But this is America.
My point is that he is not the Messiah. People have made him to be the messiah of America. Some people are already comparing him to Jesus.
Wait for the elections, you will see how the Republicans will pummel him. You will begin to wonder if this is the same Obama they have been praising all this while.
In the past 2 days, the republican columnists who have been praising him have started attacking him as being only speech and only rhetoric.

The 2nd point is the fact that he has so much raised the expectations he is setting for himself that he will need a miracle to meet these expectations. You also have to consider that Republicans have no incentive to work with him. If they work with him and he succeeds, that guarantees at least 8-16yrs of Democratic rulel

Republicans have no incentive to work with him? Are we talking US politics, my friend (sorry Mccain)

Why do you think the expectations he has set is too high? Because he is black? In America, you just need to believe. Everything is possible.

See where all the attacks of the Clinton's got them. When it is time to face the Republicans, the campaign will take care of business.

The same thing was said when he went for senate. What happened to the Republicans then?? Abeg, We can Jo o!!! Allow the man grin grin
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by windywendy(f): 6:41pm On Feb 20, 2008
RoughCut:

Which means you have that one sealed already and you don't want to arouse any interest in the stock on this forum. I understand everything you are trying to say no need to say more Ha ha ha! cool cool cool cool cool cool cool cool cool

Ah na so I dey look my spreadsheet early this morning dey look for stock wey I fit use do quick CICO. That's how my eyes come jam ABC o. Needless to say, I cycled in big time today. So dollyp1cute, na me and you dey for that flight now o. But I'm not in this one for the long haul though.

@yodiyokun, this your love affair with american politics na wa oh. YOu for kuku relocate come here na, so that you'll be closer to the action. Abi na?  cheesy

@Londoncool, pls forget the Donald Duke man, you can't compare him to Obama. Although I agree with Donne4real that a lot of people are over-rating Obama, but still I believe he's the best of the options we have out there. I would have preferred a guy like Huckabee, who seems more down to earth but then we're tired of the republicans already  grin Obama seems to be the best of all the democrats contesting. As for McCain, well . . . let's just say "he hasn't got it goin' on"  cheesy grin
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by yodiyokun(f): 6:42pm On Feb 20, 2008
donne4real:

Roughcut and Yodiyokun,

True talk,

I fear for OBAMA against republicans, however as we have seen so far nothing is impossible - nothing!.

6 months ago, did anyone give OBAMA an inkling of a chance of even getting to Super Tuesday - NO. See where we are today.

This guy na Underdog and he has nothing to loose but everything to gain.

People are saying whites are voting for him so that mccain can beat him, but thats is hogwash. Why not vote for Hillary straight and get rid of OBAMA and republicans in one go.

I beg this guy has a real shot and time is his friend.

Look at how Mccain is now cornering him on public financing whne it appears Mccain no get funds, while OBAMA is raising money like shekere.

Its anybodys game ooo - and if Mccain thinks he will get it on a platter of gold he is in for the run of his life.

That guy cannot even speak to move a dead rat if his life depended on it.
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by jandbaby: 6:43pm On Feb 20, 2008
Go Obama!!!

How much experience did Bill Clinton have when he became US President at 45?

Go! Obama!!
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by donne4real(m): 6:47pm On Feb 20, 2008
pumping777:

Republicans have no incentive to work with him? Are we talking US politics, my friend (sorry Mccain)

Why do you think the expectations he has set is too high? Because he is black? In America, you just need to believe. Everything is possible.

The same thing was said when he went for senate. What happened to the republicans then?? Abeg, We can Jo o!!!

Pumping, I see that you are a great Obama fan.
I admire the man. No doubt he is a great orator. Haba, I am not saying that he is setting expectations 'cos he is black. That is not part of it. He claims to be able to bridge the partisan divide. But that is not being realistic. Dems want healthcare, republicans dont care about it since most of them can afford it no matter the cost. Dems want peace, republicans want to keep bombarding everywhere. There is no middle ground here.

He is almost promising people the moon. The problem is that people will not hold him to the same standard as other politicians. Some are promising to fight. But he is promising to negotiate. The liberals have no incentive to work with the neo-cons. When he starts negotiating with the conservatives, expect to see the same people who have been supporting him start criticizing him.

Ultimately, my point is that people are idolizing this man and that is my biggest problem with him.
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by yodiyokun(f): 6:48pm On Feb 20, 2008
jandbaby:

Go Obama!!!

How much experience did Bill Clinton have when he became US President at 45?

Go! Obama!!

I wonder ooo -If to say OBAMA na white boy, we will be talking JFK all over again walahi - infact Mccain no fit even talk at all.

Republican made a mistake by picking Mccain - na Mitt romney or Huckabee fit face OBAMA squarely.

windywendy:

@yodiyokun, this your love affair with american politics na wa oh. YOu for kuku relocate come here na, so that you'll be closer to the action. Abi na?  cheesy

Leave matter for matthias - I don finish my relocation journey as u see me so, except I wan go asia and I no fit speak candle language.

My loyalty dey kampe for mama charley and harper.

You know say we are the 51st state, the health of the tree is the health of the bird, so therefore ---- grin grin grin
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by RoughCut(m): 6:50pm On Feb 20, 2008
donne4real:

Roughcut and Yodiyokun,

I dont think  the guy has said he's the messiah he's just saying he wants to do things in a different way so they can get a diferent result from the usual and i think that's reasonable.

What expectations has he set himself that are beyond his capabilities?

He said he will end the most disastrous foreign policy blunder the Bush administration has committed under the pretext of war against terrorism in Iraq by '09
he will give every college student 40K towards their tuition and in return do commuinity service

Health care insurance for 47M americans and those who have already they will lower their premiums

Reverse the ill-advised tax cuts by Bush that went to the those who didnt need it and to the companies that have shippped american jobs abroad

Anybody earning under $50K a year will not pay taxes i think he said and also the pensioners

He will engage those who are hostile to america in constructive dialogue

I'm not sure if these are beyond him.
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by dollyp1cute(f): 6:54pm On Feb 20, 2008
windywendy:

Ah na so I dey look my spreadsheet early this morning dey look for stock wey I fit use do quick CICO. That's how my eyes come jam ABC o. Needless to say, I cycled in big time today. So dollyp1cute, na me and you dey for that flight now o. But I'm not in this one for the long haul though.

No wonder my broker said he could not get any on the floor today, I knew that it must be the DEEP POCKETS of this thread that attacked.  grin

E just dey pain me small say na small coins I use buy.

No shaking I no greedy
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by donne4real(m): 7:00pm On Feb 20, 2008
yodiyokun:

True talk,

I fear for OBAMA against republicans, however as we have seen so far nothing is impossible - nothing!.

6 months ago, did anyone give OBAMA an inkling of a chance of even getting to Super Tuesday - NO. See where we are today.

This guy na Underdog and he has nothing to loose but everything to gain.

People are saying whites are voting for him so that mccain can beat him, but thats is hogwash. Why not vote for Hillary straight and get rid of OBAMA and republicans in one go.

I beg this guy has a real shot and time is his friend.

Look at how Mccain is now cornering him on public financing whne it appears Mccain no get funds, while OBAMA is raising money like shekere.

Its anybodys game ooo - and if Mccain thinks he will get it on a platter of gold he is in for the run of his life.

That guy cannot even speak to move a dead rat if his life depended on it.

McCain's attack on Obama about the public financing was very effective. Obama had to write an op-ed in the USA Today today to state that he will try to reach an agreement with McCain. He was even criticized in the editorials of major newspapers. The question now is how many times will he have to rescind his promises?
McCain no get money but with the 527s, there will not be a lack of advertisements (negative ones for that matter).
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by RoughCut(m): 7:00pm On Feb 20, 2008
dollyp1cute:

No wonder my broker said he could not get any on the floor today, I knew that it must be the DEEP POCKETS of this thread that attacked.  grin

E just dey pain me small say na small coins I use buy.

No shaking I no greedy

Anything the windy hurricane lady touch Na to sweep am commot for floor. Na wa o! cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy

Funny enough i was actually reading about ABC taking up the railway network franchise. The governmenti is in the process of ceding the railway monopoly and inviting private operators to partner with them  to run the system and guess what? when i use the word 'partner' it means the government will actually give the private operators money to run the network that will be making them profit and ABC is in pole-position!

Can u imagine?
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by jandbaby: 7:01pm On Feb 20, 2008
@dollyp1cute
You know say one man's big time is another woman's small coins, grin
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by windywendy(f): 7:05pm On Feb 20, 2008
RoughCut:

Anything the windy hurricane lady touch Na to sweep am commot for floor. Na wa o! cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy

Funny enough i was actually reading about ABC taking up the railway network franchise. The governmenti is in the process of ceding the railway monopoly and inviting private operators to partner with them  to run the system and guess what? when i use the word 'partner' it means the government will actually give the private operators money to run the network that will be making them profit and ABC is in pole-position!

Can u imagine?

Chei, see as I come shoot myself for foot.

@dollyp1cute, me think say by telling you, you go tell me "welcome on board"  cheesy. Considering the volumes I saw traded today, no be me sweep the stock commot o. I'm innocent!  cheesy

@Roughcut, I didn't even hear this news o. This one na icing on the cake then.  cheesy
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by RoughCut(m): 7:05pm On Feb 20, 2008
donne4real:

McCain no get money but with the 527s, there will not be a lack of advertisements (negative ones for that matter).
I'm sure you realise politics in the states i think its getting beyond negative attacks. The electorates can see beyond that. billary tried that by linking Obama to Retzko  who's standing trial in a few weeks on racketeering charges  during one of their debates. Sure you must have heard about him.
That backfired spectacularly so negative attacks can only go so far!
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by RoughCut(m): 7:08pm On Feb 20, 2008
windywendy:

Chei, see as I come shoot myself for foot.

@dollyp1cute, me think say by telling you, you go tell me "welcome on board" cheesy. Considering the volumes I saw traded today, no be me sweep the stock commot o. I'm innocent! cheesy

@Roughcut, I didn't even hear this news o. This one na icing on the cake then. cheesy

Well very generous with my info cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by dollyp1cute(f): 7:10pm On Feb 20, 2008
RoughCut:

Can u imagine?

Abeg no rub the pain in jare.
Let's see what tomorrow holds but it looks like that the BUS abi wetin call don leave station now sha.
Even Elder Napoleon put mouth for the stock yesterday.

@Windywendy
I no blame you na, na myself I blame say I for carry excess baggage on this flight as proper Naija babe especially since belle gut talk say may I carry the overload.
Oya welcome join me chop the gurudi and epa they are serving  cheesy
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by pumping777(m): 7:15pm On Feb 20, 2008
I got my returned money for Access PO today. Fair. 70% allotment.
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by windywendy(f): 7:17pm On Feb 20, 2008
dollyp1cute:

@Windywendy
I no blame you na, na myself I blame say I for carry excess baggage on this flight as proper Naija babe especially since belle gut talk say may I carry the overload.
Oya welcome join me chop the gurudi and epa they are serving cheesy

Guguru and epa ke? E be like say this one na special "honeycoated" one o! cheesy Oya make I kuku take window seat then cheesy
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by windywendy(f): 7:19pm On Feb 20, 2008
pumping777:

I got my returned money for Access PO today. Fair. 70% allotment.

Whao, 70% is not bad at all o. I didn't do this PO because of all this over subscription and return money wahala. Abeg what's the next bam PO that'll do this type of allotment oooohhhh where's larryboy when we need him grin cheesy
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by RoughCut(m): 7:24pm On Feb 20, 2008
windywendy:

Whao, 70% is not bad at all o. I didn't do this PO because of all this over subscription and return money wahala. Abeg what's the next bam PO that'll do this type of allotment oooohhhh where's larryboy when we need him grin cheesy

PO's are just becoming a joke in Nigeria honestly!. If you are interested  DAAR Comms the owners of Ray Power and AIT  are doing an IPO sure you know about this already don't think this one will be oversubscribed thoughi wish

I'm very allergic to PO's  nowadays grin grin grin grin so when they are listed i go join queue  follow them buy on the floor!
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by Nimshi: 7:31pm On Feb 20, 2008
February 20, 2008

The shares of AFRICAN PETROLEUM PLC was placed on technical suspension following the receipt of their application to do an Offer for Subscription of 199,070,721 at N250 per share and a rights issue of 262,929,279 at N230 per share.

Very funny!

Who's buying this PO?
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by dollyp1cute(f): 7:32pm On Feb 20, 2008
I have a serious Dilema now sha
With all these overhyped stock prices and Insurance TS fear, I am really at a loss of what to buy next.
I want to do CICO for a change with some change that has come in unexpectedly.
Oya PUMPING, AKPTOGUN, WENDY where art thou?
I even fear to ask that you mention a stock name now because we know what happens next.
Just speak to me in japanese codes  wink

POs - I am more than immuned   - Oceanic has not released my certs since and from YodiYokun's comment it seems I have to go to Naija.
Which kind rubbish be that? Add ticket money to income loss because of the 4 days trip shocked.
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by seun001(m): 7:34pm On Feb 20, 2008
RoughCut:

PO's are just becoming a joke in Nigeria honestly!. If you are interested DAAR Comms the owners of Ray Power and AIT are doing an IPO sure you know about this already don't think this one will be oversubscribed thoughi wish

I'm very allergic to PO's nowadays grin grin grin grin so when they are listed i go join queue follow them buy on the floor!

my own don pass allergic.am utterly indisposed to IPOS.

and about that AP's shares,it gained about 14 NGN for just today.am i not smelling a rat.
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by NBA(m): 7:36pm On Feb 20, 2008
No candidate is perfect but Obama stands out from the crop running. Win or loose he is making history (we are witnesses) and inspiring a whole generation.

Like he said, "I had a dream" just words?

The alternative is Grandpa who will keep us in Iraq for 100 years, blow up Iran, and all the macho nonsense that make rednecks tick. Can't wait for Grandpa to state his real immigration position make you see as republicans go finish am. I hope Obama has the kahunas not to take public finance, he can raise so much more usually a republican thing- we suppose send am some NSE dough sef grin.

Daily Stock Market Position jare:

(1) (2) (3) ... (515) (516) (517) (518) (519) (520) (521) ... (793) (Reply)

Mutual Funds / MBA Investors Forum / Crypto Currency Investors Thread

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 106
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.