Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,171,453 members, 7,881,595 topics. Date: Saturday, 06 July 2024 at 01:38 AM

Stock Market Tips For Nigerians - Investment (534) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Investment / Stock Market Tips For Nigerians (822853 Views)

Nigeria: Stock Market Rides On Elections Success, Gains N178 Billion / Stock Market: Questions And Answers / Nigerian Banks, Stockbrokers, And Services For Nigerians Abroad (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (531) (532) (533) (534) (535) (536) (537) ... (793) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by 4wheel: 10:26pm On Feb 22, 2008
LondonCool:

@tkb417,

Dunlop is one of my long term "Wild-cards" and I have been stock piling it for the past 2 months, except today.I expect N5 to be its new resistance level but I am only being speculative about it and not too concerned about the price yet. I am targeting 1m units of the Stock before the year runs out (positioning myself for 2009)

Nna, no wonder the tin dear for market. Are you positioning yourself to be Vice Chairman to Napolean? Na small small we go dey identify the deep pockets in this forum.
Seriously, I think dunlop will resurrect again after the bullish season we just experienced. The rumour flying about concerning its re-engineering and turn-around is too strong not to have impact on its performance. Its management is also working arduously to effect that dream. Na so I hear o. cheesy cheesy
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by aktopgun(m): 10:35pm On Feb 22, 2008
@NASCON investors,

it seems u shall all smile next week shocked
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by beginner: 10:56pm On Feb 22, 2008
aktopgun

Hello, please what do the candles say about Fidelity, I am thinking of selling and moving my money to the insurance sector.
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by loma(m): 10:59pm On Feb 22, 2008
@AkTopCandle.

May your candles shine and never blow out!

Make me happy on NASCON. grin grin cheesy

What do the 'holy' candles say? Perform your Candlysis and bring forth the good news!
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by aktopgun(m): 11:10pm On Feb 22, 2008
una no dey sleep? cheesy cheesy cheesy.

come o, una dey make dis thing sound like say na juju e be. it is not so. it could all be wrong u know wink

i would have bought fidelity in monday. i would wait till monday to confirm but thats me. NASCON is looking not bad again.

hope this helps.

i dey go sleep.

have a great weekend guys.
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by goldenson(m): 11:19pm On Feb 22, 2008
please can someone tell me if universal insurance is easy to buy on the floor now,. ie is the stock readily available to buy or isit still scarce.
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by crazyT(m): 11:46pm On Feb 22, 2008
goldenson:

please can someone tell me if universal insurance is easy to buy on the floor now,. ie is the stock readily available to buy or isit still scarce.

For where! Na yam (according to Easimoni) Even sef if Yar' Adua na im need am to secure im presidency e no go get am.
All man dey hold thight to im tent stock grin grin grin
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by samstone4(m): 12:09am On Feb 23, 2008
@Londoncool

Still a good idea to phone UAC Registrars.
Even if they read your email they will most likely ignore it!

Samstone4 cool cool
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by JAZES(m): 12:23am On Feb 23, 2008
@goldenson, getting universalinsurance is difficult than jamb ooooooooooooo.The thing scarce no be small.
All the gurus in the house abeg wetin dey happen to Bigtreat ooooooo.I too get many kg for inside ooooooo and the thing drop like say hin no send ooooooo.
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by henry007(m): 12:32am On Feb 23, 2008
thios has nothing to do with stock market but it cld be worth it http://www.youwillbebanned.com/home.aspx cool cool cool cool cool cool cool cool cool
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by goldenson(m): 1:43am On Feb 23, 2008
thnx to crazy and jazes for the reply, i guess i gotta keep going for dunlop; been trying since 1 week now and ZSL keep screwing up my mandates. The last mndate i placed, they said they couldnt find it in their system shocked angry
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by oore(m): 2:47am On Feb 23, 2008
deleted
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by FatherOF2: 7:53am On Feb 23, 2008
aktopgun:
@invisible et pumping

longman did a gravestone doji yesterday with high volume. its not a good sign as it signifies a possible change in trend. so on this one i wouldnt be suprised if it drops today. also the chaikin money flow is suddenly negative, indicating selling pressure increasing.

i don't feel the same way for ikejahotel though. lets see what the day brings   

aktopgun:
above is what i thought about longman. i do think it may still drop but i will wait to see the pattern it formed today. i no even get the stock sef?   

@ aktopgun
  You can see Longman yesterday.High=Low=Close= N31.40. CANDLES NO DEY PREDICTIVE.Its only after the fact.
And i think its important you buy what you recommend so you also have a stake in the action.
I go give you one candle test for a stock when go soon move.Make you ready.

dollyp1cute:
As a FO2 follower I would have thought that you would drop the stock as soon as result was announced.

No no no, no be so them dey do am my sister.
You don see the small doors for latin American Stadium, wetin dey make people die for stampede.
No be today disappointment start for NSE. Good trader no dey panic.(Buy or Sell)
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by sdeck: 9:34am On Feb 23, 2008
@Londoncool
When you have an issue of this kind, just authorise your broker to go to the registrar's office and fish out all your entitlements - div, bonus certificates and to revalidate your stale div warrants. They can even print the statement of your holding so you know whether you have all the certificates or everything is in the CSCS

@Pumping
On Oando.
I would like to request that you kindly repost the strategic plan presentation. I saw 1 or 2 of their presentations in the past and I always admire them for their intellectual rigour. My view is that Oando is a far better company than AP in terms of strategic vision and quality of management (education, experience/exposure). They started pursuing diversification in O&G well before now. They would ahve got the Port Harcourt Refinery but for bad belle. I will very much like to read from them again.
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by debenzd(f): 11:20am On Feb 23, 2008
@Fatherof2 which stock be that when u wa use take test Aktopgun? wink grin
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by debenzd(f): 11:21am On Feb 23, 2008
Earlier on someone posted the earnings report to date. Can the person please post an updated version?

Thank u very much.
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by samstone4(m): 11:54am On Feb 23, 2008
@SDeck

O and O did not pay their deposits for the refineries when they made their bid.

Samstone4 cool cool
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by Ola007(m): 12:09pm On Feb 23, 2008
Nigeria’s Oando buys Shell assets
By Dino Mahtani in London

Published: February 22 2008 22:58 | Last updated: February 22 2008 22:58

Royal Dutch Shell is set to complete the sale of its share in two offshore oil licences in Nigeria to a local firm that beat off a rival bid by China’s biggest offshore producer.

Executives of Oando, Nigeria’s largest domestic energy group that is listed in Lagos and Johannesburg, were on Friday in The Hague to tie up the final details of the sale.

EDITOR’S CHOICE
Shell urges SEC to ease rules - Feb-22Shell suspends plan to cut costs in Nigeria - Feb-15Shell warns of production fall - Feb-01Western majors feel the squeeze - Jan-31Video: Ed Crooks on the company’s record profits - Jan-31Lombard: Chorus of complaints misses the point - Jan-31Shell began the process of divesting the two producing licences last year.

At roughly the same time it announced plans to embark on a cost-cutting exercise in Nigeria, where funding shortfalls and security issues have regularly and severely impacted on operations.

Oando’s bid will make it the first Nigerian company to secure producing assets from any multinational operating in Africa’s biggest oil producer.

Sources close to the deal said that Oando had secured a $200m (£102m) facility from Merrill Lynch to help it finance the deal.

The sources added that Oando was also looking to secure up to $400m of further financing to be secured by the producing assets which it is acquiring from Shell.

The sale of the assets was contested by a number of Nigerian groups, as well as CNOOC, China’s largest offshore producer that has dramatically expanded its presence in Africa over the past three years.
Copyright The Financial Times Limited 2008
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by pumping777(m): 12:14pm On Feb 23, 2008
sdeck:

@Pumping
On Oando.
I would like to request that you kindly repost the strategic plan presentation. I saw 1 or 2 of their presentations in the past and I always admire them for their intellectual rigour. My view is that Oando is a far better company than AP in terms of strategic vision and quality of management (education, experience/exposure). They started pursuing diversification in O&G well before now. They would ahve got the Port Harcourt Refinery but for bad belle. I will very much like to read from them again.

See if you can access it via the link below.

http://us.f13.yahoofs.com/bc/473db9b4_a39e/bc/My+Documents/OandO+Nov+2007+Roadshow+Presentation.ppt?bf2SAwHBBMKh06GX
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by tommyt(m): 12:48pm On Feb 23, 2008
@ father of2
baba o!,
how body, hope all is well baba
this one wey u come dey once in a blue moon i fear o
[/sub]n gba kan eyin yi o ri mi ni igba kan eyi ki yi o rimi[sub]
abi na work?
any way sha, any CICO for your boy next week
i won comout my loot from unic after 40% next week and i need
to look for another 25%
baba i dey wait 4 you o!
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by loma(m): 1:34pm On Feb 23, 2008
Meristem Weekly Review

http://www.meristem.com.ng/uploads/files/Microsoft%20Word%20-%20MARKET%20SENTIMENTS%20FOR%20THE%20WEEK%20ENDED%20FEBRUARY%2015,%202008.pdf
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by loma(m): 1:52pm On Feb 23, 2008
Is another rally imminent for Airservices?
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by tonyjon(m): 2:47pm On Feb 23, 2008
@Shigidi,

Is there any news as per UBA and Diamond?.

Peace.
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by crazyT(m): 4:01pm On Feb 23, 2008
JAZES:

@goldenson, getting universalinsurance is difficult than jamb ooooooooooooo.The thing scarce no be small.
All the gurus in the house abeg wetin dey happen to Bigtreat ooooooo.I too get many kg for inside ooooooo and the thing drop like say hin no send ooooooo.

The problem with Big Treat started a day after this story; I thought you knew of the story?

"SEC has expressed strong concerns about the pricing of some identified stocks due to perceived insider dealing/price manipulations and the apex regulatory authority has instituted probes into the allegation. Affected stocks are African Petroleum; Big Treat; Afroil; First Aluminum; Capital Oil and IPWA." [/color][color=#990000][color=#990000][/color]

The following day I gave a selling order for my Capoil and it was sold 2 days later at 15.80. That is what you ought to have done immediately. I guess it's too late now, but keep your fingers cross and expect a turn around (probably) this coming week.
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by Allcorrect(m): 4:24pm On Feb 23, 2008
Good day house

Papa of 2,ow far and ow u dey, i don see say we get grand papa of 22 for this house. Ani ways i am enjoying this thread no b small.
Just a few tots running through my head,
If Yaradua gets to lose the court cases against his election what eventually happens? especially in the market not to talk of economy, populace, international market,dollar price wrt naira.
I guess we cant know until tuesday but if that happens, well lets pray its not happening.

Wondering whats happening to Diamond Bank. Their Q3 i dont think was bad.Well though still dont know what the GDR effect will be yet cos GTB is still roaming around the 36 bucks mark. With the Banking YE changed to Dec, do we expect results in June or a 16mth result next year.

@easimoni,yodi(nice name),Fo2
Could u throw more light, even if na candle light on The Resort Savings and loans pp,po,rights stuff, still confused bout this one.
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by Allcorrect(m): 4:26pm On Feb 23, 2008
Good day house

Papa of 2,ow far and ow u dey, i don see say we get grand papa of 22 for this house. Ani ways i am enjoying this thread no b small.
Just a few tots running through my head,
If Yaradua gets to lose the court cases against his election what eventually happens? especially in the market not to talk of economy, populace, international market,dollar price wrt naira.
I guess we cant know until tuesday but if that happens, well lets pray its not happening.

Wondering whats happening to Diamond Bank. Their Q3 i dont think was bad.Well though still dont know what the GDR effect will be yet cos GTB is still roaming around the 36 bucks mark. With the Banking YE changed to Dec, do we expect results in June or a 16mth result next year.

@easimoni,yodi(nice name),Fo2
Could u throw more light, even if na candle light on The Resort Savings and loans pp,po,rights stuff, still confused bout this one.
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by Chalkson: 4:42pm On Feb 23, 2008
There's no better way to add some fun to our stock dealings than to sit back and enjoy this message of "HOPE". Happy week-end to all.

https://donate.barackobama.com/page/contribute/decmatch?match_campaign_id=5&source=feature_million
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by aktopgun(m): 4:44pm On Feb 23, 2008
FatherOF2:

@ aktopgun
 You can see Longman yesterday.High=Low=Close= N31.40. [b]CANDLES NO DEY PREDICTIVE
.Its only after the fact.
And i think its important you buy what you recommend so you also have a stake in the action[/b].
I go give you one candle test for a stock when go soon move.Make you ready.

No no no, no be so them dey do am my sister.
You don see the small doors for latin American Stadium, wetin dey make people die for stampede.
No be today disappointment start for NSE. Good trader no dey panic.(Buy or Sell)

FOF2

U dis man, na wa for u o. i have nothing to prove to you about candlestick charting or patterns. its been around well before the both of us. Read the literature urself. Besides, because it is not completely accurate for one day it doesnt make it inaccurate. i am not surprised u didnt post up any of the accurate ones  wink. The patterns as far as i've studied are accurate within 1-6 days after they occur. I wish u had posted my comments on this same Longman from yesterday as well  wink  wink

as per buying "what i recommend", firstly i have not recommended anything to anyone. i only try my best to respond to questions put to me. As i hope u have noticed, i always speak from a PERSONAL point of view or did u miss that part? i particularly highlight my "I" in my comments.

if u get the money give me, i go buy na, wetin do me? but until i am liquid enough, i am not going to buy stock just to prove something to anyone. Its not my style
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by LondonCool(m): 4:58pm On Feb 23, 2008
@Londoncool
When you have an issue of this kind, just authorise your broker to go to the registrar's office and fish out all your entitlements - div, bonus certificates and to revalidate your stale div warrants. They can even print the statement of your holding so you know whether you have all the certificates or everything is in the CSCS

@Sdeck
Thanks for the advice.

thnx to crazy and jazes for the reply,  i guess i gotta keep going for dunlop; been trying since 1 week now and ZSL keep screwing up my mandates. The last mndate i placed, they said they couldnt find it in their system   

@Goldenson,
I beg you , leave the Dunlop shares for me to mop up on monday.

@Londoncool

Still a good idea to phone UAC Registrars.
Even if they read your email they will most likely ignore it!

@Samstone4,

I will give them a call on monday.

Quote from: LondonCool on Yesterday at 10:10:01 PM
@tkb417,

Dunlop is one of my long term "Wild-cards" and I have been stock piling it for the past 2 months, except today.I expect N5 to be its new resistance level but I am only being speculative about it and not too concerned about the price yet. I am targeting 1m units of the Stock before the year runs out (positioning myself for 2009)

you wan be chairman of the company

@Bibiking1,
The answer is "No", is that the reason for buying shares ?

Nna, no wonder the tin dear for market. Are you positioning yourself to be Vice Chairman to Napolean? Na small small we go dey identify the deep pockets in this forum.
Seriously, I think dunlop will resurrect again after the bullish season we just experienced. The rumour flying about concerning its re-engineering and turn-around is too strong not to have impact on its performance. Its management is also working arduously to effect that dream. Na so I hear o.

@4Wheel,
You can put your money where your mouth is and join the Dunlop speculative bandwagon.
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by sdeck: 5:06pm On Feb 23, 2008
@pumping
Thanks. But the link is no longer active

@samstone.
The official reason for the loss is that they submitted a draft for an amount less than the mandatory 50% of their bid amount. This is careless really. Conspiracy theorists say that only Obj's friends were "destined" to get the refinery. They will bid very high and compensated with concessions.

@Fo2 and Aktopgun
I believe that the 2 of you have respectable following. So on the whole people must have profited from listening to you. I read people always asking for the candle to be beamed on this or that stock. So people believe. Since the principles are laid out in some materials that we can read, it give sit some credibility as one can put it to test. It cannot be 100% accurate. That belongs to God. I would personally like to have the candle continue to show me some way in the NSE.

As for Fo2, people kept on asking where is father of 2 when he did AWOL. So i beleive that you have proved your mettle. I just assumed that you went to do more conjugal investing so that perhaps we can say in 9months' time that you are now FOF2 of FOM2 ie father of factor of 2 or multiple of 2.  Those additional names will actually come in handy for very attractive IPOs in the future. applications for some IPOs.

So gentlemen, kindly oblige me and others by posting more about what you want us to sneak (is that possible) into and leave the accuracy (or predictive ability) of the techniques to the prayer warriors that we are recruiting.
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by bibiking1(m): 5:20pm On Feb 23, 2008
@Bibiking1,
The answer is "No", is that the reason for buying shares ?

Bros no take am serious na! na joke i be just dey make abeg! grin grin grin

@all
meanwhile, "the curse of the illiterate broker" still dey hunt me o!
e be like say na trascorp i go tell am make e go buy, so that at least that jinx of "not seeing shares to buy" will finally be broken,
Haba!!!!! since January

(1) (2) (3) ... (531) (532) (533) (534) (535) (536) (537) ... (793) (Reply)

Mutual Funds / MBA Investors Forum / Crypto Currency Investors Thread

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 62
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.