Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,173,364 members, 7,888,162 topics. Date: Friday, 12 July 2024 at 08:48 PM

Stock Market Tips For Nigerians - Investment (535) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Investment / Stock Market Tips For Nigerians (823994 Views)

Nigeria: Stock Market Rides On Elections Success, Gains N178 Billion / Stock Market: Questions And Answers / Nigerian Banks, Stockbrokers, And Services For Nigerians Abroad (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (532) (533) (534) (535) (536) (537) (538) ... (793) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by LondonCool(m): 5:24pm On Feb 23, 2008

Bros no take am serious na! na joke i be just dey make abeg! grin grin grin

No problems mate ! BTW, that ceiling fan in your picture-is it yours ?
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by hbrednic: 5:36pm On Feb 23, 2008
LondonCool:

BTW, that ceiling fan in your picture-is it yours ?

i fear oh!!! e be like sey de guy wan commit sucide grin grin grin
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by LondonCool(m): 5:51pm On Feb 23, 2008
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I need information on Orient Petroleum Private Placement. I wonder if anyone can be of assistance. Thanks

The private placement for Orient Petroleum Plc is still on, this is a good long term opportunity for idle funds. Orient are the only indigenous company granted permission to build private refineries amongst the other 12 to actually commence building the project.

The minimum subscription is 1,000 units of N100 each i.e. N100,000, and after that in multiples of 500 units.

You can submit it at any UBA branch nationwide. There's no closing date, allocation will be based on a first-come, first-served basis.

Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by aktopgun(m): 6:02pm On Feb 23, 2008
@londoncool et bibiking1

could u take a looka t CILEASING and tell me what u think. wink
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by blueband(m): 6:18pm On Feb 23, 2008
LondonCool:

No problems mate ! BTW, that ceiling fan in your picture-is it yours ?

LMAO. grin grin grin grin grin grin cheesy cheesy smiley smiley

Na who go get the ceiling fan before?Abi u think say NSE don dey borrow Nairalanders Ceiling fan?

Meanwhile Bibiking na for village(during christmas) you snap the picture?I mean the picture of you and the ceiling fan in your profile.
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by Naijadr: 6:24pm On Feb 23, 2008
LondonCool:

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
The private placement for Orient Petroleum Plc is still on, this is a good long term opportunity for idle funds. Orient are the only indigenous company granted permission to build private refineries amongst the other 12 to actually commence building the project.

The minimum subscription is 1,000 units of N100 each i.e. N100,000, and after that in multiples of 500 units.

You can submit it at any UBA branch nationwide. There's no closing date, allocation will be based on a first-come, first-served basis.

Na wa o, like I stated last yr when it was announced, I'll say here, shine your eyes and leave Orient PP alone for now, idle money can be best spent elsewhere. I couldnt go into details then, and cant now, but somewhat of an inside perspective, but then again just my humble opinion.
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by LondonCool(m): 6:26pm On Feb 23, 2008
aktopgun:

@londoncool et bibiking1

could u take a looka t CILEASING and tell me what u think. wink

@Aktopgun,

I can see a Dragonfly Doji follwed by an Inverted hammer showing a one  day bullish reversal pattern.
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by aktopgun(m): 6:29pm On Feb 23, 2008
LondonCool:

@Aktopgun,

I can see a Dragonfly Doji follwed by an Inverted hammer showing a one  day bullish reversal pattern.

exactly sir! what do u think this means for CILEASING in the short term?

pls indulge me
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by LondonCool(m): 6:30pm On Feb 23, 2008
aktopgun:

please indulge me

@Aktopgun,

The Inverted Hammer which is also a Shooting Star sends a warning that the top is near and its formation
at the bottom of a trend, is a bullish signal of a  bullish reversal pattern.

As the market opened yesterday below the close of the previous day (i.e Thursday), the Buyers made a brief rally, but not enough to close above Thursdays close. Since this leaves the stock in a losing position, the Inverted Hammer presents the potential for an upcoming rally. Confirmation of the trend reversal would by an opening above the body of the Inverted Hammer on the next trading day (i.e Monday). If the open and the close for Monday are identical, the pattern would be considered a Gravestone Doji. 

It is important to wait for the bullish verification for C& I Leasing, although it lost 4.85%  yesterday it could be in for another short burst Bullish run. What sayest thou ?
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by aktopgun(m): 6:31pm On Feb 23, 2008
aktopgun:

@londoncoll
pls see my post above
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by zomike: 6:36pm On Feb 23, 2008
@ pumpping
@dollyp1cute

Thanks for your candid advise, wasn't  online all through yesterday. i really had to search for the reply.
i just have to sell off if possible b4 the TS is lifted.
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by 3viso(m): 6:42pm On Feb 23, 2008
here na joke section?
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by elemu(m): 6:48pm On Feb 23, 2008
@ALL
In 2007 I was PO drunk simply because of discounts. At what cost I may ask? Thank God I have been to a recovery clinic and have sobered up. If nothing can keep you from plunging in to another one think of this:

Just The averages

2007 I embarked on PO's thinking I will make more from their discount but here is what I found

Error Margin is +5 or -5

The average percentage that companies adhere to their prospectus dates = 0%

Average TS time during PO or IPO and Lifting = 3 months

Average time release allotment figures = 5 Months

Average time to to get your refund = 6 Months

The probability that you will get full allotment = 10 %

Average time from PO to actually trading on the flour = 1 year 2 months

You can chime in and prove my figures wrong
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by andico34: 7:03pm On Feb 23, 2008
oga easimoni abeg make u post us the apistock data for this week. E don tey and we dey wait for am bad bad abeg grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by Billions(f): 7:20pm On Feb 23, 2008
aktopgun:

I scream for house yesterday when i see the candle pattern this CCNN do walahi. i no just dey liquid now. na me and fof2 for be co-pilots for this one true.  cheesy  cheesy  cheesy

i think personally FOR ME, i would buy now. CAVEAT EMPTOR, because i've been wrong many a time in the past o!  wink wink

Thanks 4 the response, placed the order, should have been bought, yet to confirm. I didn't read far back enough to get the start of the talk on Tobe, but from the much I've read I can guess he's your son. Just want you to know I said a prayer for him the first time I heard you make reference to medical tests and I'll be praying for him tonight. The covenant of life and peace in Christ is for YOU and YOUR HOUSEHOLD.

@fo2
Thanks for re-affirming ccnn. I don try enter.
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by bibiking1(m): 7:28pm On Feb 23, 2008
@AKTopGun
what i see in front of me using a three-month time frame is somewhat disturbing, particularly the last two candles on my chart
there is a spinning top(reversal) being followed by a spinning bottom(another reversal) haba!!! shocked shocked shocked
however, if i am to use the last four candles to make a decision, it simply means the correction phase from 14 naira is about to draw to a close,
BUT there are some fundamental bit of information distorting the free flowing market movement, making a clearcut entry point very hard to point out at this moment for short termers.
But for medium-long termers now is always an entry point, however for CICOers, there should be some caution and restraint like i said earlier.
since the market is generally bullish, i would advice the short termers to wait for the momentum indicator to level out before they enter, it is still in a bearish mood now sha.
and from the volume i see a lot of people sold on the last day of trade (friday) so there should be some to buy on monday (hopefully o!!!!!)

@Londoncool
that fan na antique o!!! grin grin grin grin
make una make fun of am small small o!
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by FatherOF2: 7:30pm On Feb 23, 2008
Billions:

@fo2
Thanks for re-affirming ccnn. I don try enter.

No problem man, e good to enter before people come dey notice actions.
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by bibiking1(m): 7:35pm On Feb 23, 2008
FatherOF2:

No problem man, e good to enter[b] before people come dey notice [/b] actions.
grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
what a very quiet way to make it known,
unless your broker go floor by 6:30 am, i doubt if all those silent ears when dey go let that stock dey o!!!!!!!
grin grin grin grin
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by bibiking1(m): 7:39pm On Feb 23, 2008
i just dey vex for this stupid team called Newcastle,
even if they come to the market i NO GO EVER BUY
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by windywendy(f): 7:45pm On Feb 23, 2008
FatherOF2:

@ aktopgun
  You can see Longman yesterday.High=Low=Close= N31.40. CANDLES NO DEY PREDICTIVE.Its only after the fact.
And i think its important you buy what you recommend so you also have a stake in the action.
I go give you one candle test for a stock when go soon move.Make you ready.

Fatherof2 how na?  smiley If you say candles no dey predictive, show us your method that is predictive, abi? As far as I know, no method is fully predictive 100% of the time, not even yours. Abi no be you recommend CCNN several weeks back when it was N25 and above? It nose-dived since then and hasn't been able to breach that price yet. There have been other stocks which you recommended and were wrong in retrospect, and that applies to everyone including myself. No one method is 100% correct 100% of the time, so let's stop all this unnecessary attacks on different methods and just focus on doing our best to recommend stocks that will help us make good money using whatever tools we have at our disposal. If you get method wey dey 100% predictive, make you share. Na me go first collect and apply, in addition to both the FA and TA I currently use to select my stocks.
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by aktopgun(m): 7:53pm On Feb 23, 2008
bibiking1:

@AKTopGun
what i see in front of me using a three-month time frame is somewhat disturbing, particularly the last two candles on my chart
there is a spinning top(reversal) being followed by a spinning bottom(another reversal) haba!!! shocked shocked shocked
however, if i am to use the last four candles to make a decision, it simply means the correction phase from 14 naira is about to draw to a clo[/b]se,
[b]BUT
there are some fundamental bit of information distorting the free flowing market movement, making a clearcut entry point very hard to point out at this moment for short termers.
But for medium-long termers now is always an entry point, however for CICOers, there should be some caution and restraint like i said earlier.
since the market is generally bullish, i would advice the short termers to wait for the momentum indicator to level out before they enter, it is still in a bearish mood now sha.
and from the volume i see a lot of people sold on the last day of trade (friday) so there should be some to buy on monday (hopefully o!!!!!)

@Londoncool
that fan na antique o!!! grin grin grin grin
make una make fun of am small small o!

see what i highlighted in ur post above. thats the main gist really. it seems another upsurge is imminent. it did a doji on thursday and an inverted hammer on friday after a 4 day fall in price.
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by JAZES(m): 7:57pm On Feb 23, 2008
@crazyT, thanks for the reply. I saw it but it was late so i guess i have to wait a bit for it to pick up again since dis one no dey my CICO portfolio.
@Billions point of correction the church/d believer doesnt have a covenant with christ cos we are born of him.We neva did anytin b4 he died for us and he did it as an act of his love.So we need no covenant watsoever.
Pls read your bible.
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by aktopgun(m): 8:00pm On Feb 23, 2008
@billions

u are welcome girl. i hope ur broker got it to buy. it seems to be on the move already.

thank you for ur prayers. I and my family are in covenant with God and we are walking in the truth of that covenant by his grace.

all the best
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by windywendy(f): 8:02pm On Feb 23, 2008
JAZES:

. . . @Billions point of correction the church/d believer doesnt have a covenant with christ because we are born of him.We never did anytin before he died for us and he did it as an act of his love.So we need no covenant watsoever.
Please read your bible.

shocked wondering what the word "testament" means . . .

Pls let this one go to the religious section, abeg. Thanks!
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by LondonCool(m): 8:03pm On Feb 23, 2008
Has anyone used the services of Core Trust & Investment Ltd and/or Fidelity Union Securities for their stock trading? Can I have your experiences please, especially with Trade executions. I am about making them my 3rd and 4th stock brokers.

Also, what is the advantage of my Stock Broker opening a Nominee account (instead of an individual a/c) for me  with the  CSCS ?
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by LondonCool(m): 8:05pm On Feb 23, 2008
@Aktopgun,

Did you read my response? I stated that the Inverted Hammer presents the potential for an upcoming rally (upsurge)
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by aktopgun(m): 8:18pm On Feb 23, 2008
@londoncool

sorry man, i just saw it. Yes, an upsurge is imminent from the recent drop
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by windywendy(f): 8:20pm On Feb 23, 2008
LondonCool:

Quote:Windywendy

@Windywendy,

Haba! Why dress me up in borrowed robes (apologies to Shakespeare)? I'm only a silent listener to every conversation on this forum. As a Volume investor I carefully peruse every TIP here and apply my candlesticks for verification.I'm still learning.

Haha! I'm not dressing you up in borrowed robes o! and if the robes were hitherto borrowed, they're now yours to keep  grin. Your contributions to the forum have been very valuable. I do a lot of TA myself, but not candlestick analysis. So yourself, aktopgun and bibiking1 have challenged me to go take a peak into that form of analysis. Please keep the good work going, it's really appreciated.

Make I put mouth small for your plans to accumulate dunlop: since you're doing this for the long term, it would be better if you do not buy at a premium like the cico-ers would. So my advice to you would be to wait until the company releases its results for this year (which would most likely be below expectations) and then take your position when the shares start getting dumped by short-termers taking profit. That way, you don't get to buy at a premium and you increase your upside potential. Just my 2cents sha. In the meantime you can put your money to better use elsewhere.
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by invisible2(m): 8:22pm On Feb 23, 2008
windywendy:

Fatherof2 how na?  smiley If you say candles no dey predictive, show us your method that is predictive, abi? As far as I know, no method is fully predictive 100% of the time, not even yours. Abi no be you recommend CCNN several weeks back when it was N25 and above? It nose-dived since then and hasn't been able to breach that price yet. There have been other stocks which you recommended and were wrong in retrospect, and that applies to everyone including myself. No one method is 100% correct 100% of the time, so let's stop all this unnecessary attacks on different methods and just focus on doing our best to recommend stocks that will help us make good money using whatever tools we have at our disposal. If you get method wey dey 100% predictive, make you share. Na me go first collect and apply, in addition to both the FA and TA I currently use to select my stocks.

@ windy, you just hit the hammer on the top of the nail. Nice points.
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by aktopgun(m): 8:26pm On Feb 23, 2008
windywendy:

Haha! I'm not dressing you up in borrowed robes o! and if the robes were hitherto borrowed, they're now yours to keep  grin. Your contributions to the forum have been very valuable. I do a lot of TA myself, but not candlestick analysis. So yourself, aktopgun and bibiking1 have challenged me to go take a peak into that form of analysis. Please keep the good work going, it's really appreciated.

Make I put mouth small for your plans to accumulate dunlop: since you're doing this for the long term, it would be better if you do not buy at a premium like the cico-ers would. So my advice to you would be to wait until the company releases its results for this year (which would most likely be below expectations) and then take your position when the shares start getting dumped by short-termers taking profit. That way, you don't get to buy at a premium and you increase your upside potential. Just my 2cents sha. In the meantime you can put your money to better use elsewhere.

words of a wise G!!

i don pocket this one. when be the yr end sef? grin grin
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by LondonCool(m): 8:57pm On Feb 23, 2008
@Windywendy,

Thanks for your advise. Most of my Dunlop acquisitions were within the N2.80 to N4.30 range last year,  and N4.80 to N5.00 range this year. I have cycled out of  some of the one's bought last year and gradually mopping up again. Lets see what this months Candlesticks have to say !

(1) (2) (3) ... (532) (533) (534) (535) (536) (537) (538) ... (793) (Reply)

Mutual Funds / MBA Investors Forum / Crypto Currency Investors Thread

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 69
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.