Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,168,847 members, 7,872,838 topics. Date: Wednesday, 26 June 2024 at 11:33 PM

Stock Market Tips For Nigerians - Investment (574) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Investment / Stock Market Tips For Nigerians (821560 Views)

Nigeria: Stock Market Rides On Elections Success, Gains N178 Billion / Stock Market: Questions And Answers / Nigerian Banks, Stockbrokers, And Services For Nigerians Abroad (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (571) (572) (573) (574) (575) (576) (577) ... (793) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by windywendy(f): 2:43pm On Feb 29, 2008
blueband:

They only went on TS yesterday.Anyway I bought it early last week.You think I won't still qualify?

I doubt it o. But you'll need to see the cut-off date first.
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by pumping777(m): 2:45pm On Feb 29, 2008
blueband:

They only went on TS yesterday.Anyway I bought it early last week.You think I won't still qualify?

Only the prospectus can confirm. Some post date it like Fidelity Bank and some back date it like Costain and CCNN so there is a lot of gamble there. Back dating is more common so you've got to be careful with this strategy.
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by hbrednic: 2:45pm On Feb 29, 2008
windywendy:

LOL!!! grin grin

And I suppose that if he borrowed the money that he used to play the market, he'll be deadish by the time the creditors come a-knockin'  cheesy

madam from aborrowing to deadish is equal to agrave-ish  grin grin grin
that will not be good oh.

please has anybody seen todays result?
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by aktopgun(m): 2:46pm On Feb 29, 2008
@hbrednic

nigerainsec.com
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by blueband(m): 2:47pm On Feb 29, 2008
So where I fit get this cut off date,Aunty Wendy?
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by aktopgun(m): 2:49pm On Feb 29, 2008
@pumping

guaranty had 777 trades today and gained. now if that is not asign i don't know what is cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by hbrednic: 2:50pm On Feb 29, 2008
thanks topgun
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by MyPeace(f): 2:52pm On Feb 29, 2008
A quick question pls

Have Intercontinental Bank declared Bonus since 2005?
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by rasputinn(m): 2:53pm On Feb 29, 2008
hbrednic:

madam from aborrowing to deadish is equal to agrave-ish  grin grin grin
that will not be good oh.

please has anybody seen todays result?

Ah ahhhhh,you guys should give the poor chap a break now,must you be so wickedish? grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by windywendy(f): 2:53pm On Feb 29, 2008
aktopgun:

@pumping

guaranty had 777 trades today and gained. now if that is not asign i don't know what is cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy

Chei  shocked shocked So we should expect the price to get pumping in the coming days ahead cheesy grin
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by pumping777(m): 2:54pm On Feb 29, 2008
Can anyone provide the NSE closing pricing to confirm with other sites please?

Based on nigeriansecurities data, NB lost today.

Just see how the market responds to good results for high caps short term. No interest despite dividends.
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by pumping777(m): 2:56pm On Feb 29, 2008
blueband:

Definitely the prospectus. You may also get it earlier in any news piece on the PO sometimes.
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by pumping777(m): 2:56pm On Feb 29, 2008
aktopgun:

@pumping

The number is calling me grin grin
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by RoughCut(m): 2:57pm On Feb 29, 2008
blueband:

From the FSDH spreadsheet in front of me the closure date for dividends and i guess bonus issue is 12.02.2008. So check when the date on your contract slip
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by windywendy(f): 2:57pm On Feb 29, 2008
rasputinn:

Ah ahhhhh,you guys should give the poor chap a break now,must you be so wickedish? grin grin grin grin grin

No na. We're trying to be kindish but the brokish guy that went a-borrowing is kind of dummy-ish so we just can't help being wickedish in a good way of course  grin grin. Perhaps we should be smirk-ish as well abi  cheesy
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by aktopgun(m): 2:59pm On Feb 29, 2008
windy, se o n ri NASCON sha!!! o ga ju

i'm loving it loving it loving it, i'm loving it like this cheesy cheesy
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by windywendy(f): 3:00pm On Feb 29, 2008
pumping777:

Definitely the prospectus. You may also get it earlier in any news piece on the PO sometimes.

IGZAKTLI  cool
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by blueband(m): 3:01pm On Feb 29, 2008
RoughCut:

From the FSDH spreadsheet in front of me the closure date for dividends and i guess bonus issue is 12.02.2008. So check when the date on your contract slip

not interested in bonus issue.Im interested in Rights issue for their forthcoming PO
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by windywendy(f): 3:04pm On Feb 29, 2008
aktopgun:

windy, se o n ri NASCON sha!!! o ga ju

i'm loving it loving it loving it, i'm loving it like this cheesy cheesy

Ah, Nascon ke? Ok wait a minute, make I first remove my shades cool cool

Chei, you don hammmmmeeeerrrr. This one na cico abi na medium to long term? Dem don declare am last year say na 60kobo dividend dem go pay.
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by easimoni(m): 3:07pm On Feb 29, 2008
MyPeace:

A quick question please

Have Intercontinental Bank declared Bonus since 2005?

The post-Feb 05 bonus was the last one. With 19B shares, expect an inverse bonus grin AKA share-reconstruction instead
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by RoughCut(m): 3:08pm On Feb 29, 2008
blueband:

not interested in bonus issue.I'm interested in Rights issue for their forthcoming PO

If your name is not on the register as a  shareholder by the closure date you can kiss the rights GOODBYE. So go and check again the date on your contract note!
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by windywendy(f): 3:09pm On Feb 29, 2008
@aktopgun, I have a question for you: did you know a group called exousia while you were at medilag?
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by RoughCut(m): 3:09pm On Feb 29, 2008
easimoni:

The post-Feb 05 bonus was the last one. With 19B shares, expect an inverse bonus grin AKA share-reconstruction instead
They are in pole-position for an inverse bonus! grin grin grin grin
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by aktopgun(m): 3:09pm On Feb 29, 2008
thats what i posted on nascon yesterday
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by pumping777(m): 3:10pm On Feb 29, 2008
RoughCut:

If your name is not on the register as a  shareholder by the closure date you can kiss the rights GOODBYE. So go and check again the date on your contract note!

The thing is that he does not know the cut-off date for the rights issue yet.
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by windywendy(f): 3:11pm On Feb 29, 2008
RoughCut:

awww, and you had to go spoil blueband's day . . . thou wickedish one  sad
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by pumping777(m): 3:11pm On Feb 29, 2008
Is Nascon's result out?
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by aktopgun(m): 3:12pm On Feb 29, 2008
windywendy:

@aktopgun, I have a question for you: did you know a group called exousia while you were at medilag?

hmmmm. sounds like a music group or fellowship. cant say i recollect them.
i was a member of TC briefly myself until the "devil tried to sift me as wheat" but baba won in the end. grin grin. And thank God he did!!
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by aktopgun(m): 3:13pm On Feb 29, 2008
pumping777:

Is Nascon's result out?

Not that i've but it should be due anytime
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by pumping777(m): 3:14pm On Feb 29, 2008
RoughCut:

They are in pole-position for an inverse bonus! grin grin grin grin

The high relative nominal price will be a cause of worry to me especially since they may still have maybe close to 10B shares outstanding.
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by MyPeace(f): 3:14pm On Feb 29, 2008
easmoni, thx alot

l was asking cuz l bought Global bank PO in 2004 merged with them and have never received any bonus share ever since.  Did l qualify for that bonus since l bought from Global bank before the convert?
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by Naijadr: 3:14pm On Feb 29, 2008
For Costain folks, awon RoughCut & co, it appears that we've hit a stand still there, notice some resistance, exhausted buyers, very low vol being traded now. Folks appear to be holding on now, maybe waiting for the trigger towards release of FY results. I don't see much rapid advancement, might not hit N50 till maybe mid March, we prob bounce around the N45-48 mark for at least the next week or 2 even.

Anyone else notice Nig-German today, it finally broke past N28 again today ending at N28.66, it hasnt done that since early Jan, very small vol but the RSI looks just right, and I see it inching gradually, it might hit the all high N30 mark by Thursday. This company appears to move in spurts of every 3mths or so.

Dunlop is on the rise due to its low nominal price. thankfully I sold CILeasing after a 52% gain in 6 weeks and hoped on its train, I bought a very small quantity last week (at N5), and have gained about 9% after fees already, closed at N5.66 today. It looks poised to reach N6 by Friday as there doesnt appear to be a shortage of buyers. Today had the most # of buyers since the run 1st week of Feb. Short termers should prob try to get out before it gets to N8 because those who bought end of Jan at around N4 or below will def be cashing out.

All my opinion, and yes I have all 3.

Quote from: Naijadr on February 27, 2008, 02:08 PM
As expected, COSTAIN drops to N43.95, due to profit taking
NIG-German did as expected, has crossed the N30 mark, breaking its previous highest, ending at N30.09
Dunlop continues its rise, closing today at N5.79, looking to reach that N6 by Friday
So all 3 went as expected
As crazy as the NSE is, I think I'm finally learning small small from here how to predict and speculate, thanks guys fundamentalists and TAists!
Naijadr:

cashcraft and gti have same prices
The trend continues, COSTAIN closed at N44
NIG-German closed at N31.59, another high, its on the move, could be enough gas to take it to N40 shocked
Dunlop continues the rise closing at N6.07 so its crossed over the mark!

The cycle continues
COSTAIN closes at N46.20
DUNLOP at N6.12
NIG-German at N30.03
I expect the trend to continue next week, all 3 will have a bullish monday but Costain will maintain same range rest of the week, there is still enough sentiment to push Dunlop to N7 and NIG-German (I'm not quite sure whats pushing the price up since vol is normal) so it might just hover between N28-N32 for next week, unless there is a rumour I'm unaware of.

@RoughCut thanks, I thought about that, prob best for me to wait for a min, want short term, my long term is already full, UBA o undecided

(1) (2) (3) ... (571) (572) (573) (574) (575) (576) (577) ... (793) (Reply)

Mutual Funds / MBA Investors Forum / Crypto Currency Investors Thread

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.