Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,177,223 members, 7,900,349 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 July 2024 at 10:40 AM

Stock Market Tips For Nigerians - Investment (575) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Investment / Stock Market Tips For Nigerians (826529 Views)

Nigeria: Stock Market Rides On Elections Success, Gains N178 Billion / Stock Market: Questions And Answers / Nigerian Banks, Stockbrokers, And Services For Nigerians Abroad (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (572) (573) (574) (575) (576) (577) (578) ... (793) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by pumping777(m): 3:15pm On Feb 29, 2008
aktopgun:

Not that i've but it should be due anytime

Ok. If they release Q-3 results maybe. Last year the Full Year result did not come out till August.
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by RoughCut(m): 3:17pm On Feb 29, 2008
windywendy:

awww, and you had to go spoil blueband's day . . . thou wickedish one  sad

Wickedish ke? The milk or is it blood of human kindness is flowing through every vein in my body grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by aktopgun(m): 3:17pm On Feb 29, 2008
aktopgun:

i can talk now that my trade alert has come. i fear u fellas.

windy, i bought NASCON today.  wink. i calculate from my analysis yesterday that it has bottomed out and i hit it today. i think it is close enough to its support price for me to join the party.  grin  grin

i posted that yesterday cuz i felt it may have turned the corner 2 days ago when i saw the pattern. its still not green yet but things are looking up and i expect the gist about upcoming results wont do it any harm  grin grin
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by koksieboy(m): 3:17pm On Feb 29, 2008
windywendy:

@aktopgun, I have a question for you: did you know a group called exousia while you were at medilag?

WW,

If I may, the Exousia group I know was in U.I/UCH.
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by windywendy(f): 3:20pm On Feb 29, 2008
koksieboy:

WW,

If I may, the Exousia group I know was in You.I/UCH.

Yes, yes they were. I used to be heavily involved in organizing several campus programs in which they would perform and oftentimes I would perform with them. We used medilag alot for practice during those infamous ASUU strikes. That's the reason I was asking aktopgun if he recognized them from medilag.
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by koksieboy(m): 3:22pm On Feb 29, 2008
windywendy:

Yes, yes they were. I used to be heavily involved in organizing several campus programs in which they would perform and oftentimes I would perform with them. We used medilag alot for practice during those infamous ASUU strikes. That's the reason I was asking aktopgun if he recognized them from medilag.

Does that imply u finished from U.I?
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by blueband(m): 3:23pm On Feb 29, 2008
Roughcut,
We are talking about 2 different things.Don't worry my name will make it for the rights offer.Just spoke to my broker who confirmed it.The Feb12th date  was for the issuance of Bonus shares and dividends and has nothing to do with their public offer. tongue
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by RoughCut(m): 3:23pm On Feb 29, 2008
pumping777:

The high relative nominal price will be a cause of worry to me especially since they may still have maybe close to 10B shares outstanding.

I think they should be able to live with high nominal price and 10B outstanding shares supported with luvly-jubbly results though. With the level of profits they generating now with 16B outstanding shares the fundamentals will be shot to pieces. As long as they placate us with reasonable dividends and may be bonus isuues once in about 4 years i don't think anyone will complain. Just that no more RO-RO for this one!

The high nominal price of Nestle doesnt seem to have impacted the stock adversely and OandOalthough we know say that one get oil after him name grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by RoughCut(m): 3:24pm On Feb 29, 2008
blueband:

Roughcut,
We are talking about 2 different things.Don't worry my name will make it for the rights offer.Just spoke to my broker who confirmed it.The Feb12th date was for the issuance of Bonus shares and dividends and has nothing to do with their public offer. tongue

Problem solved
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by windywendy(f): 3:25pm On Feb 29, 2008
koksieboy:

Does that imply u finished from You.I?

Chei see question   shocked shocked Windywendy shall remain anonymous-ish and therefore pleads the 5th ammendment on this one  grin
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by rasputinn(m): 3:29pm On Feb 29, 2008
wanaj0 & Fof2 where art thousthou
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by pumping777(m): 3:29pm On Feb 29, 2008
RoughCut:

I think they should be able to live with high nominal price and 10B outstanding shares supported with luvly-jubly results though. If they are generating the level of profits they are the fundamentals will be shot to pieces with 16b outstanding shares. As long as they placate us withreasonable dividends and may be bonus isuues once in about 4 years i don't think anyone will complain. Just that no more RO-RO for this one!

The high nominal price of Nestle doesnt seem to have impacted the stock adversely and OandOalthough we know say that one get oil after him name grin grin grin grin grin grin

I won't compare with Nestle or Oando or AP because these guys have relatively few shares outstanding. None even has up to a billion shares outstanding.

If Intercontinental doubles PAT right now, the forward PE will just be about the same with that of UBA and Oceanic.

Dividends are not doing anything for this high cap companies right now but maybe things will change. See NB with declaring a divindend of 195k and buyers are not moved.

Bonus will definitely do the trick but like you said this will require some waiting for.
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by koksieboy(m): 3:30pm On Feb 29, 2008
windywendy:

Chei see question   shocked shocked Windywendy shall remain anonymous-ish and therefore pleads the 5th ammendment on this one  grin

Your response is okish grin
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by MrRisky: 3:31pm On Feb 29, 2008
aktopgun:

on intercontinental, u are quite correct on the figures. as usual, one side of nse site says one thing from the other.

on universal insurance, make fellas begin book their clinic appointments now to avoid long waiting lists  grin grin grin. i will probably send the over flow to blueband, abi bluband how u take see am?

i just don't get it! please could someone explain to me why universal should be doing a few million units shy of 1b traded? am i becoming thick or something?don't answer that part cheesy  cheesy cheesy cheesy

AKT, my man, you are missing something. Some would prefer traditional to orthodox psychiatry grin grin
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by RoughCut(m): 3:31pm On Feb 29, 2008
pumping777:

I won't compare with Nestle or Oando or AP because these guys have relatively few shares outstanding. None even has up to a billion shares outstanding.

If Intercontinental doubles PAT right now, the forward PE will just be about the same with that of UBA and Oceanic.

Dividends are not doing anything for this high cap companies right now but maybe things will change. See NB with declaring a divindend of 195k and buyers are not moved.

Bonus will definitely do the trick but like you said this will require some waiting for.

You and i know that ain't gon happen!
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by pumping777(m): 3:34pm On Feb 29, 2008
RoughCut:

You and i know that ain't gon happen!

Exactly. Which is why I think having a higher nominal price than this "cheaper" banks won't do it any favours grin
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by aktopgun(m): 3:35pm On Feb 29, 2008
Mr. Risky:

AKT, my man, you are missing something.  Some would prefer traditional to orthodox psychiatry grin grin

tru talk. ther's always the option of the baba under the mango tree in igbo irumole   cheesy cheesy cheesy

i personally prefer G.O.D myself
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by RoughCut(m): 3:36pm On Feb 29, 2008
pumping777:

Exactly. Which is why I think having a higher nominal price than this "cheaper" banks won't do it any favours grin

So they are caught between the proverbial rock and the hard place!
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by windywendy(f): 3:40pm On Feb 29, 2008
RoughCut:

Wickedish ke? The milk or is it blood of human kindness is flowing through every vein in my body grin grin grin grin grin

Wait o, speaking of milk, is the effect of the milk and valium combo that dollyp1cute took like two nights ago still taking its toll? grin Aktopgun and blueband e be like say na rapid response squad na go send go bring dollyp back to regular posting o  cheesy

Anyway the good news is: ABC seems set for an early turnaround -- if the prices on nigersec are anything to go by, that is. I told my broker to buy more at today's low, and I hope he did. This one wey e come be like say today na "ish" day, I hope he won't be slugg-ish  grin grin
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by pumping777(m): 3:40pm On Feb 29, 2008
beginner:

Oga Pumping na wetin I do you now. Two questions on insurance  stocks and no reply. The young shall grow.

No vex my broda. I've just tracked down your query.

This one is simple. There are some insurance stocks with good fundamentals and low relative nominal price on TS or TS bound.

Collecting some for post TS run is a good idea since they will be the first set to be TS-Proof and in the insurance sector.

Caveat Empty o.
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by Rhemagirl(f): 3:40pm On Feb 29, 2008
Please all the Gurus in the house, do u think GTB will give a bonus and what will be the cut off date to qualify?Thank u
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by bigjay01(m): 3:41pm On Feb 29, 2008
Anyone on the Livestock train? 24.37% (after all charges)  in 2 weeks.  The turn around story seems to be checking out.

Any attempt (or attempted attempt) to apply hydraulic, the gods are jahhhhhhhhh
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by windywendy(f): 3:45pm On Feb 29, 2008
bigjay01:

Anyone on the Livestock train? 24.37% (after all charges) in 2 weeks. The turn around story seems to be checking out.

Any attempt (or attempted attempt) to apply hydraulic, the gods are jahhhhhhhhh

Yes o, I was on that train. ah aaaahhh, didn't you notice the lady that parachute-ed out shapishly like two days ago? that was me na cheesy. No need telling you how much loot I grabbed on the way out -- even the parachute nearly gave way grin grin

Anyway, N10 looks like the point at which a lot of peeps are looking to sell, so you might want to be watchful. I'll be revisiting later.
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by GTay(m): 3:48pm On Feb 29, 2008
Now am worried angry
Nigerian securities reported Dunlop closed at 6.07 yesday,
Now today it says Lclose was 5.86 and closing price 6.12
Who is lying here? sad
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by LondonCool(m): 3:50pm On Feb 29, 2008
Anyone else on board this Dunlop flight ?
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by Etin(f): 3:54pm On Feb 29, 2008
@all

Please can someone kindly put me in touch or recommend a good Stock Broker who operates in Benin City, Edo State. Thanks

https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria/topic-116549.0.html
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by bigjay01(m): 3:54pm On Feb 29, 2008
windywendy:

Yes o, I was on that train. ah aaaahhh, didn't you notice the lady that parachute-ed out shapishly like two days ago? that was me na cheesy. No need telling you how much loot I grabbed on the way out -- even the parachute nearly gave way grin grin

Anyway, N10 looks like the point at which a lot of peeps are looking to sell, so you might want to be watchful. I'll be revisiting later.

I read you loud and clearly, you 2 much
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by pumping777(m): 3:54pm On Feb 29, 2008
GTay:

Now am worried angry
Nigerian securities reported Dunlop closed at 6.07 yesday,
Now today it says Lclose was 5.86 and closing price 6.12
Who is lying here? sad

Noticed the same. Quite confusing. The results reported yesterday tallied with that of the NSE but now they are showing Lclose figures that don't match up and it's hard to tell if today's prices are correct.

Abeg, peeps wey dey download the orijo from NSE, make you represent  grin
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by loma(m): 3:56pm On Feb 29, 2008
All you wickedish people that did not allow my sluggish broker-alternate to grab the bullish stocks this week, I shall consign you to the rubbish bin unless you placate my sleepish self with some NASCONish or ABCish volumes at lowish prices!

Especially windish wendy or candlish topgun!
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by easimoni(m): 4:09pm On Feb 29, 2008
loma:

All you wickedish people that did not allow my sluggish broker-alternate to grab the bullish stocks this week, I shall consign you to the rubbish bin unless you placate my sleepish self with some NASCONish or ABCish volumes at lowish prices!

Especially windish wendy or candlish topgun!

LOL grin Been laughing loudish in my office!
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by emema: 4:12pm On Feb 29, 2008
Oga Wanajo, am a newbie on board please can you help me. when will GTB have their end of year? Do you think they will give bonus.

Aktopgun, should i sell my First Bank that i bought from the PO or do you think they will give bonus.My stock broker is a dead company-CITY CODE- i want to sell everything even at a loss.

Sir what are the penny shares i can put my small money in now. bless you .
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by texas543(m): 4:14pm On Feb 29, 2008
easimoni:

LOL grin Been laughing loudish in my office!

U beta laugh lowish if you dont want your oga to get querish grin grin grin

(1) (2) (3) ... (572) (573) (574) (575) (576) (577) (578) ... (793) (Reply)

Mutual Funds / MBA Investors Forum / Crypto Currency Investors Thread

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 48
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.