Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,187,711 members, 7,932,999 topics. Date: Tuesday, 27 August 2024 at 04:56 PM

Stock Market Tips For Nigerians - Investment (627) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Investment / Stock Market Tips For Nigerians (831480 Views)

Nigeria: Stock Market Rides On Elections Success, Gains N178 Billion / Stock Market: Questions And Answers / Nigerian Banks, Stockbrokers, And Services For Nigerians Abroad (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (624) (625) (626) (627) (628) (629) (630) ... (793) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by gabza: 12:57am On Mar 10, 2008
_
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by akoscar: 1:22am On Mar 10, 2008
Folks,

check this out as per Champion breweries

http://www.businessdayonline.com/investor/3636.html
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by loma(m): 2:10am On Mar 10, 2008
On bulls and bears

Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by blueband(m): 2:10am On Mar 10, 2008
NITEL may stop operations by Sept- Former MD
Written by The Nigeria Telecommu-Jibrin Abubakar
Monday, 10 March 2008
The Nigeria Telecommunications Plc, NITEL, being managed by Transnational Corporation (Transcorp), may close shop by September, former Managing Director and Chief Executive Officer of NITEL, Engineer Ahmad A. Nahuche, has said.

Engineer Nahuche who resigned last Wednesday spoke to Daily Trust in an exclusive interview in Abuja at the weekend.

But Transcorp spokesman, Mr. Adedayo Ojo, yesterday brushed off Nahuche’s statement, describing it as: "The opinion of an individual whom Transcorp would not like to join issues with on the pages of a newspaper."

Ojo told Daily Trust in a phone chat that: "The decision to run NITEL is a board decision not that of an individual. You would recall that the Federal Government and the Transcorp have said that they would do everything possible to ensure that NITEL bounces back."

Asked if Transcorp has the financial wherewithal to run NITEL, Ojo asked: How do I confirm what you said he said? Until it is published in the papers then we can react."

According to Engineer Nahuche: "If they (Transcorp) continue like this, I don’t think in the next six months NITEL will be anywhere in the telecommunications map of Nigeria. I suggest if they (government) want to sell it, they should sell it to telecommunications companies that have the financial muscle. This is better, but I am not convinced that Transcorp can do it."

He said NITEL may collapse within the next six months if Transcorp continues to manage it.

He said: "Yes, if nothing is done, the entire network will be down in the next six-months."

He said Transcorp is incapable of managing the company, adding that there was a quick need to get serious investors that will put money into it.

"What we are saying is that Transcorp does not have the financial muscle to move NITEL ahead. All what we require is money to move this company so that we can start making money. But Transcorp does not have that capacity because several times, we would prepare business plans. We would prepare this and that but they cannot bring the money. There is no money coming from them," he said.

He added: "What I am saying is that you have to invest money to make money. We have a CDMA wireless system of around 1.2 million lines capacity. It is the biggest CDMA network in Nigeria. All what we require is to buy handsets, to buy sim cards, to buy recharge cards and then money for adverts.

"This will translate into about N1 billion. And because of this N1 billion, you cannot launch the service. And if you have 1.2 million subscribers and let’s say 600,000 active subscribers and they are making N2, 000 a month. That will translate into around N1.2 billion a month. I have seen no reason why the owners of the company cannot come up with the N1 billion so that you raise this thing and start making money. This system has been lying for the last two years and not generating any revenue because of these constraints. This is one aspect of it.

"The second aspect is that we have the biggest backbone of networks in Nigeria. It is a fibre optic backbone. From Lagos to Benin, Benin to Abuja through Lokoja. Also Benin to Enugu through Onitsha and then from Enugu to Port Harcourt, and from Enugu to Abuja through Lafia and Keffi.

"But unfortunately, they are in a state of obsolescence and disrepair. What we are saying is that all what we require to bring this back to service is around N500 million. By leasing the capacity, this system can generate over N1 billion, yet, the money is not coming. Along the line, we have also incurred debts with other operators. And they disconnected NITEL from their networks. If you look at it, the total telephone lines in Nigeria is around 40 million. NITEL has only about half a million. And this half a million cannot make calls to 39.5million subscribers. How can NITEL make money?"
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by oore(m): 2:47am On Mar 10, 2008
@ All,
As una dey talk about NSL, please find the link on latest information about the company on Monday (todays) Punch newspapers. They do Lottery, cash vending and payments etc.
http://www.punchontheweb.com/Articl.aspx?theartic=Art200803100553479
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by NBA(m): 2:54am On Mar 10, 2008
@oore
good stuff, thanks!
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by Favour08(m): 6:10am On Mar 10, 2008
http://www.punchontheweb.com/Articl.aspx?theartic=Art20080310065679
Jimoh Ibrahim gets back Nicon on President Yar-Adua Order.
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by tkb417(m): 7:32am On Mar 10, 2008
@All
goodmorning, goodafternoon and goodevening
i dont know what time is it whereever you are.

Thanks to all
last week was great, made money as usual reading silently

Dunlop to be offloaded this morning and the loot to be sent towards Afro or bigtreat (CICO)
madam windy am i order? grin

Please, if i really want to do CICO with Lafarge, when do u guys think i can enter?
madam windy abeg help out o
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by gabza: 8:23am On Mar 10, 2008
)
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by kevyngbash(m): 8:38am On Mar 10, 2008
Make una leave gabza alone. He is a product of the western culture. You can tell that from the way he talks.You can see he is unrepentant. Pity him
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by tkb417(m): 8:50am On Mar 10, 2008
Make una leave gabza alone. He is a product of the western culture. You can tell that from the way he talks.You can see he is unrepentant. Pity him
is der any need for this again?
na wa sef!
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by Gudchoice: 9:12am On Mar 10, 2008
Morning y'all - What's your take on Unity Bank? Topgun seemed to express the possibility of some hope for the stock. I need to know if I should checkout? Would appreciate your responses.
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by kevyngbash(m): 9:18am On Mar 10, 2008
all the men in the House, sorry ooo. Just caught up with the posts since last week thursday and I couldnt help saying somethin to the 'elders and respect' issue. I vex no be small as I dey read that pickin post
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by tiwantiwa: 10:20am On Mar 10, 2008
tkb417:

is der any need for this again?
na wa sef!

gabza

i feel you , inside that cold and drizzle, you even had the gut and went twice ,
, let me share a deep yoruba story with you !

you see , one day , Shigidi ( the original one, god of what now , ) and Sango ( yoruba god of thunder) were travelling , then they met the wife of orunmila coming from the other direction ( one of those top myth), in those days , women dont wear bra , so she was topless, Sango decided to fundle with her breast , shigidi kept quiet , he didnt warn shango that it was a bad move, they kept going until he met Esu's wife , he tried the same thing, Esu (god of bad things & chaos ) was furios and struck sango dead, Sango made one statement before he died, He said , it wasnt Esu that killed him , it was shigidi , for keeping quiet .

this isnt a yoruba forum , but somehow culture plays a role here as well, it is more of an african thing,
it sounds so undescribablish grin that you took those swipes so bold , but you were just trying to communicate your frustration , you could have made it private , , may be you tried but couldnt lay hand on his email ,

then you could still be a bit nicer ,

i was once at area F in ikeja , that notorious police post , to report the loss of my great ife id card, i met this bulging stomach old policeman at the counter and he was so nice to me initially , then he said i must give him some bribe, i was around 18 years old then , i just blurted out !! ah ah , you are old enough to be my father , why collecting bribe from a young person like me , He was so embarrased he just pointed me to the right place to go and i got the report with just 40bucks, then i started thinking about respect , the modern day elders , so they really deserve it , then i lived in lagos island where respect for elders is only for the rich , i saw elders doing what they shouldnt be doing , and i saw a lot of blurring lines , between , respect, getting things done right , good communication etc yes we postrate for elders that looted us and we then cry to God for help !

it is a burden we need wisdom to conquer , knowing we shall become an elder as well , we need to distinguish the elders from the elders , there are elders and there are elders , by their fruits we shall know them ,

to me and most members of this forum , Napoleon , without knowing him but from his very first contribution to this forum gave us a picture of someone who sees us as great youth and he is very proud of us, , who wants to help us see what he has seen , and provide navigational resources in this murky NSE terrain , he wants to learn as well and all the so on and so forth , we can only reciprocate .

Now you have made those harrowing cold excursion to Trader vics so trivial ,

anyway these are things we see everyday and should not debar us from making money , life is funny , dont be a shigidi , lets carry go !

@shigidi , i am not referring to you oh , so as not to start another civil war
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by Naijadr: 10:42am On Mar 10, 2008
ahhh pays to have a broker who I know, my sister grin just sent an order at almost 11am naija time, and she guaranteed that they'll get it today
phewww now I can really do some CICO, call me superwoman oooo! cool
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by EKWA(m): 10:46am On Mar 10, 2008
Napoleon,you shouldn't take any thing personal,you made your point which i respect,please let's all move on.THANKS.
FOF2 ,no be like that you wont take because of few individual turn your self to Sunday Sunday medicine,Iroko tree doesn't hide among Little trees in forest.We love you,Biko come out of that mute mode.
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by Kashif(m): 11:47am On Mar 10, 2008
@naijadr,

Any clues on any flight for CICO? undecided I dont really know which one to board right now. wink
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by upward(m): 12:11pm On Mar 10, 2008
samstone4:

@ Upward

Thomas Wyatt was on suspension for a rights issue. There was no PO.

Samstone4 cool cool

Thank you Samstone4.
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by Naijadr: 12:33pm On Mar 10, 2008
Kashif:

@naijadr,

Any clues on any flight for CICO? undecided I don't really know which one to board right now. wink

a couple were mentioned on thursday and friday like Big Treat, it's on the rise now and should make a great CICO if u can get it
You can search for windywendy's posts
Niwicable was also mentioned as one since one big investor just bought in, some we are thinking once its made public, sentiment will cause it to climb.
Disclaimer: I got Niwicable fri and should have big treat by today!

Caveat Emptor! grin
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by Temmie10(m): 12:35pm On Mar 10, 2008
Fatherof2 is back!!!! grin
baba ibeji, which level now?
u jus miss lyk that
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by Kashif(m): 12:48pm On Mar 10, 2008
Naijadr:

a couple were mentioned on thursday and friday like Big Treat, it's on the rise now and should make a great CICO if u can get it
Niwicable was also mentioned as one since one big investor just bought in, some we are thinking once its made public, sentiment will cause it to climb.
Disclaimer: I got Niwicable fri and should have big treat by today!

Caveat Emptor! grin

Thanks a lot. It is just that keeping pace with this thread is no small deal. I will place my order for tomorrow. Cheers.
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by iconbull: 12:50pm On Mar 10, 2008
@all
hope the market have been bullish, has anyone seen today's prices
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by Omoba3(m): 12:51pm On Mar 10, 2008
Temmie10: Wich 1 now grin U just fashi my side ni ke, no worry I de await our return match to trash u well, well. U can count on it. grin

FO2: We don revoke your sunday, sunday pass! E don expire. So quick, quick report for normal duty with immediate effect and automatic alacrity grin

Tiwantiwa: U be true son of the soil. U speak well. God bless u plenty put.
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by Naijadr: 12:53pm On Mar 10, 2008
iconbull:

@all
hope the market have been bullish, has anyone seen today's prices

http://www.trw-stockbrokers.com/services.aspx

sure has!

Kashif:

Thanks a lot. It is just that keeping pace with this thread is no small deal. I will place my order for tomorrow. Cheers.

I got ABC as well, entered later than I wanted, on fri, but should be able to get something out of it. It already went up today.
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by aktopgun(m): 12:58pm On Mar 10, 2008
Naijadr:

[b]Niwicable was also mentioned as one since one big investor just bought in, some we are thinking once its made public, sentiment will cause it to climb.[/b]Disclaimer: I got Niwicable fri and should have big treat by today!

Caveat Emptor! grin

this one may have a roughish week ahead me thinks. might come into position to buy later in the week
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by Naijadr: 1:01pm On Mar 10, 2008
aktopgun:

this one may have a roughish week ahead me thinks. might come into position to buy later in the week

yup yup looks like it might even get down to N11, as its already in N12 range, so folks hold off and wait till thursday or so to buy!
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by iconbull: 1:04pm On Mar 10, 2008
got information from an insider that NEM will be going on TS, earlier than you thot. if you are doing CICO with NEM watch it o!
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by aktopgun(m): 1:07pm On Mar 10, 2008
Naijadr:

yup yup looks like it might even get down to N11, as its already in N12 range, so folks hold off and wait till thursday or so to buy!

on NIWICABLE,

seen today's results. suspicion confirmed.
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by Kashif(m): 1:07pm On Mar 10, 2008
Naijadr:

Chai! I hope to get bigtreat morrow grin grin
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by grabdbull: 1:39pm On Mar 10, 2008
For three Market days consecutively, I have watched my Conoil bleed profusely. True the bears are here, but I believe this is one stock that still has a lot of steam in it. Once the profit takers finish doing their damage, there is only one way to go: Maiduguri.
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by aktopgun(m): 1:52pm On Mar 10, 2008
Conoil is experiencing the market psychology of a poor week last week and speculators are bailing out cuz the rise has reversed considerably. it had reached its top last monday and there is now some panic amongst the speculators. everyone wanting to sell whilst they still have some profit left. today was not good for it at all. A lot of selling pressure. started off on a bad note for the week.

scenario: profit takers finish their work and price stays at or around where they leave it when they are done. what then?
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by upward(m): 1:58pm On Mar 10, 2008
FatherOF2:

You no see when i talk Presco some 3weeks back. Already have that one in my back pocket.
Couldn't stand missing okomu last week.Had to get some.

How can i sell my WAPCO in PANIC. You no read wetin i write.Good trader no dey panic at all. That na why people dey die for latin American Stadium.
Everybody rush out of Stadium leave me.Me still dey play ball for empty goal posts oh. I know when i go collect my 25% for WAPCO. Na N67 i enter, no shaking.

I'm completely with you on this one. i bought at 68 shaa, so na sidon look. NEVER PANIC-SELL!!

(1) (2) (3) ... (624) (625) (626) (627) (628) (629) (630) ... (793) (Reply)

Mutual Funds / MBA Investors Forum / Crypto Currency Investors Thread

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 50
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.