Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,190,544 members, 7,941,089 topics. Date: Thursday, 05 September 2024 at 05:02 PM

Stock Market Tips For Nigerians - Investment (683) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Investment / Stock Market Tips For Nigerians (832629 Views)

Nigeria: Stock Market Rides On Elections Success, Gains N178 Billion / Stock Market: Questions And Answers / Nigerian Banks, Stockbrokers, And Services For Nigerians Abroad (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (680) (681) (682) (683) (684) (685) (686) ... (793) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by ijogbon(m): 9:21pm On Mar 18, 2008
@easimoni et loma

I wonder if anything like Enron can happen in NSE. mmmmmm just wondering O? As I contemplate how a 9-80 will be affected by these Easter holidays. grin
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by Femtex(m): 9:25pm On Mar 18, 2008
loma:

@ Easi, sice you work at 'GunsPoint" I know who you work for; 'millitary school" grin

@Femtex: The lunchticket na $5000 o, still interested?

@all; Ponder on this quote-, "It is better to be thought a fool than to open your mouth and remove all doubt."-Abraham Lincoln

The evil man gives heed to wicked lips, and listens to falsehood from a mischievous tongue. (Proverbs 17:4)
The fool takes no delight in understanding, but rather in displaying what he thinks. (Proverbs 18:2)
The fool's lips lead him into strife, and his mouth provokes a beating. (Proverbs 18:6)
The fool's mouth is his ruin; his lips are a snare to his life. (Proverbs 18:7)

@ Loma,

Definately, No be NSE go pay for am.
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by aktopgun(m): 9:32pm On Mar 18, 2008
bring back fof2
bring back fof2
bring back fof2
bring back fof2
bring back fof2
bring back fof2
bring back fof2
bring back fof2
bring back fof2
bring back fof2
bring back fof2
bring back fof2
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by Femtex(m): 9:34pm On Mar 18, 2008
@ Loma,

Who talk say 9-80 sweet pass, I disagree with you o my brother. You get tired of it after a while. That early morn thing na wa o .

Abi Mr. Easi, i dey lie?
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by invisible2(m): 9:40pm On Mar 18, 2008
For all these bible wey Loma dey quote so? Abi the guy na pastor?

@aktopgun, pumice, shine the candle for Transcorp, abeg.

@NBA, Naijadr, what of the bid positions?
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by samstone4(m): 9:42pm On Mar 18, 2008
@ Pumping

I remember asking why you did not paste the link - "the link that dares not say its name" etc.
Just take it easy.

Cheers.

Samstone4 cool cool cool
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by loma(m): 9:46pm On Mar 18, 2008
invisible!:

Pastor sha?

@Femtex- Na 8-2-5 me I dey do , so which one come be early momo?

@Spreadsheet millionaires

Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by hbrednic: 9:49pm On Mar 18, 2008
talking of the military reminds me of my days in ECOMOG during the liberian war.
war no good my pple. sad sad  sad

anyway back to NSE:
eterna has stopped representing, as who use to talk am.
i will try to break the door and rush out 2morrow.
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by grabdaloot(m): 9:52pm On Mar 18, 2008
Once upon a time in this thread. All we had was harmony and one common goal and that was to 'hammer'. Contributions were pouring in thick and fast and all were very useful. It was from this thread that I first learnt of Union diagnostics and Chams PP. The hammer from there I wan use buy house for banana island. You can imagine how annoying it is to rush home in this lagos traffic, log on see that you have about 5 pgs of reading to do only to find out that it is some kid bickering about something that is non existent. I usually wait to meet a person before I judge the person but this is the 1st time I must say that there are some people here I never want to meet in person based on their personality from their post. If you can quarrel with someone over something that is written then what will you do when something is said or done in your face. Make I leak one secert to una. Nobody go fit spoil wetin we don put hand build together. For my office the other day I overheard some ladies saying that they are buying BETAGLAS because it was strongly recommended on nairaland. Moreover with my upcoming JOHNHOLT hammer (yes this time I no AGLEVENTIS myself) e go hard before somebody make me vex (the units wey I buy plenty no be small for that kind iliquid stock). To all the ol peeps abeg make we carry on as we dey jeje. New friends are welcome but I am with Roughcut on the response to provocative posts. Mr Risky I hope say u don parachute off the LEVENTIS plane before now if not na sweat you go dey sweat for cold by now.

@ Pumping, Easimoni Aktopgun and wanaj0

Has any of you confirmed the no of outstanding shares for LONGMAN. me I no understand who dey try play tricks with this one.

For all wey dey into the alphabets scene, very funny to see people panicking for 3 days of losses. Ever heard about the theory of higher highs and higher lows. If ABC drop below N4.80 then I go begin panic but if not then when my JOHNHOLT loot enter I go upload more of the alphabets. I rather have a stock wey dey gain consistently then starts losing. I believe say we still dey the weak state of the bulls. Moreover check history alphabets dey peak late April unlike most other stocks wey dey peak late feb/early march. I rather own the alphabets than OCEANIC or UBA FOR NOW

Keep the peace my brothers and sisters. I dey type this because I wan hammer and nothing else and I can bet so does everyother person who has ever posted on this thread.
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by aktopgun(m): 9:54pm On Mar 18, 2008
invisible!:

invisible man, u no need candles for that one na.  grin grin. na Ndidi dey control am!! it doesn't obey any technicals jare.

but sha, looking at the chart it has now risen above the price it was at pre TS and it has been doing 4-price doji for the last few days meaning the open, close,high and low prices are the same or virtually the same. normally, and i say normally because transcorp isnt normal, doji imply indecisiveness in the market and usually signify a change in trend from the trend occuring before the doji happened. however in transcorps case, only God knows cuz for all u know, it cold do doji for the next 2 weeks!!!

i am a bit skeptical about it as i am sure u can tell in my tone.

i will hand u over to the chairman of transcorp, Samstone  cool cool cool cool
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by SavvyLanre: 10:02pm On Mar 18, 2008
brownny:

house, i beg i need advise on conoil
i want put some money in
is it safe

A friend of mine asked me the same question today, this was my email to him - good luck and all caveats applies

short term, mid-term or long term?

Short-term -
OK for a Circle in, Circle out - in 5days - caveat emptor

Mid term
P/E is at 34.2 with a projected revenue of 2.59BN, I would hold and not buy more in comparison with others in that sector.

Long Term
I would not buy at current price due to projected P/E value, and EOY results would soon be out, I would wait till then to make such a decision for long term.
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by samstone4(m): 10:04pm On Mar 18, 2008
@ AKT

You missed the inverted dragonfly, bruce lee, hirohito doji of Transcorp. Very careless and CHEEKY!

As I posted in response to Invisible, I think Transcorp is rising because of the imminent resolution of Nitel wahala. Likely to be on terms favourable to Transcorp.
Just my assessment not any special inside information. I do know of one other major Telecoms company that is positioning to contest Nitel with Vodacom. May be a factor in the price movement.

Samstone4 cool cool cool
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by hbrednic: 10:05pm On Mar 18, 2008
Naijadr:

UBA DAILY STOCK POSITION

eterna lost full 5% today,how can it be on net bid?
maybe na one of the wonders of NSE.
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by Femtex(m): 10:10pm On Mar 18, 2008
@ Loma

Na 7 to 5 me dey do.
I no be morning person @ all. I'm trying to change sha
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by NBA(m): 10:11pm On Mar 18, 2008
hbrednic:

You are looking at yesterdays bid positions.

invisible!:

My broda, nothing yet for today.
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by invisible2(m): 10:12pm On Mar 18, 2008
aktopgun:

invisible man, u no need candles for that one na.  grin grin. na Ndidi dey control am!! it doesn't obey any technicals jare.

but sha, looking at the chart it has now risen above the price it was at pre TS and it has been doing 4-price doji for the last few days meaning the open, close,high and low prices are the same or virtually the same. normally, and i say normally because transcorp isnt normal, doji imply indecisiveness in the market and usually signify a change in trend from the trend occuring before the doji happened. however in transcorps case, only God knows because for all u know, it cold do doji for the next 2 weeks!!!

i am a bit skeptical about it as i am sure u can tell in my tone.

i will hand u over to the chairman of transcorp, Samstone  cool cool cool cool

Good man topgun, na only God will bless you.

samstone4:

@ AKT

You missed the inverted dragonfly, bruce lee, hirohito doji of Transcorp. Very careless and CHEEKY!

As I posted in response to Invisible, I think Transcorp is rising because of the imminent resolution of Nitel wahala. Likely to be on terms favourable to Transcorp.
Just my assessment not any special inside information. I do know of one other major Telecoms company that is positioning to contest Nitel with Vodacom. May be a factor in the price movement.

Samstone4 cool cool cool

All hail the chairman himself, Samstone! You must be sitting on a lot of loot now after your company has been representing, just watch out for Grabdaloot, so he wont touch your Transcorp loot o.
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by SavvyLanre: 10:12pm On Mar 18, 2008
hbrednic:

Na the second time wey that thing go happen be that o, it is either someone is playing mago mago at NSE, or someone wants people to sell so that there would be more on the floor. Me i dey hold kampe, for now.

@Aktopgun - abeg my brother, how do i upload pictures - i tire o, i thot i was savvy  cheesy
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by invisible2(m): 10:19pm On Mar 18, 2008
SavvyLanre:

Na the second time wey that thing go happen be that o, it is either someone is playing mago mago at NSE, or someone wants people to sell so that there would be more on the floor. Me i dey hold kampe, for now.

@Aktopgun - abeg my brother, how do i upload pictures - i tire o, i thot i was savvy cheesy

As per the bid positions, authentic 'rumour' has it that the peeps working at it left for public holidays, UBA watch it!
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by loma(m): 10:20pm On Mar 18, 2008
School: A place where Papa pays and Son plays.

Life Insurance: A contract that keeps you poor all your life so that you can die Rich.

Nurse: A person who wakes u up to give you sleeping pills.

Marriage: It’s an agreement in which a man loses his bachelor degree and a woman gains her masters.

Tears: The hydraulic force by which masculine willpower is defeated by feminine water power.

Lecture: An art of transferring information from the notes of the Lecturer to the notes of the students without passing through ‘the minds of either’

Conference: The confusion of one man multiplied by the number present.

Compromise: The art of dividing a cake in such a way that everybody believes he got the biggest piece.

Dictionary: A place where success comes before work.

Conference Room: A place where everybody talks, nobody listens and everybody disagrees later on.

Criminal: A guy no different from the rest….except that he got caught.

Boss: Someone who is early when you are late and late when you are early.

Politician: One who shakes your hand before elections and your Confidence after.

Doctor: A person who kills your ills by pills, and kills you by bills.

Classic: Books, which people praise, but do not read.

Smile: A curve that can set a lot of things straight.

Office: A place where you can relax after your strenuous home life.

Yawn: The only time some married men ever get to open their mouth.

Etc.: A sign to make others believe that you know more than you actually do.

Committee: Individuals who can do nothing individually and sit to decide that nothing can be done together.

Experience: The name men give to their mistakes.
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by aktopgun(m): 10:23pm On Mar 18, 2008
fellas,

Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by loma(m): 10:23pm On Mar 18, 2008
Here is an example of miscommunication in a company, the boss of the company initiates a mail to invite his staff to witness an eclipse and how his message is passed by employees at different levels in the hierarchy and finally how it reaches to the staff…

Mail from CEO to Manager:

Today at 11 o’clock there will be a total eclipse of the sun. This is when the sun disappears behind the moon for two minutes. As this is something that cannot be seen every day, time will be allowed for employees to view the eclipse in the parking lot. Staff should meet in the lot at ten to eleven, when I will deliver a short speech introducing the eclipse, and giving some background information. Safety goggles will be made available at a small cost.

Mail from Manager to Department Head:

Today at ten to eleven, all staff should meet in the car park. This will be followed by a total eclipse of the sun, which will appear for two minutes. For a moderate cost, this will be made safe with goggles. The CEO will deliver a short speech beforehand to give us all some information. This not something that can be seen everyday.

Mail from Dept. Head to Floor Manager:

The CEO will today deliver a short speech to make the sun disappear for two minutes in the form of an eclipse. This is something that cannot be seen every day, so staff will meet in the car park at ten or eleven. This will be safe, if you pay a moderate cost.

Mail from Floor Manager to Supervisor:

Ten or eleven staff are to go to the car park, where the CEO will eclipse the sun for two minutes. This doesn’t happen every day. It will be safe, and as usual it will cost you.

Mail from Supervisor to Staff:

Some staff will go to the car park today to see the CEO disappear. It is a pity, this doesn’t happen everyday.
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by shigidi(m): 10:26pm On Mar 18, 2008
@ pumping 777, pls help me out with the nine months result for beta glass, i wont to get a clearer picture of their earningsfor december 2007.
pls holla back
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by Naijadr: 10:28pm On Mar 18, 2008
UBA DAILY STOCK POSITION

Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by aktopgun(m): 10:30pm On Mar 18, 2008
@savvylanre

omo dis na wetin dem teach me for here:

right click on the picture on nigeriansecurities.com and click on save as.

save the picture as a bitmap

go to "my pictures" on ur computer and double click on the picture

click the last icon of all the icons at the bottom of the picture.

the picture will close and be reopened in an editable form

do ur editing and then click save as and save as a JPEG file

come to nairaland, type ur message if u have one and go to the browse button at the bottom of the nairaland page and find ur JPEG picture

click reply

chikena. abi tech geeks gurus i no get am?  grin grin
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by Naijadr: 10:31pm On Mar 18, 2008
abeg aktopgun, u fit shine candle on big treat, I want to sell, but I'm hoping it'll get to about N14 next week, so I can at least break even.
Thanks much, hope iyawo and Tobe are doing great.
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by cheexy: 10:32pm On Mar 18, 2008
D-DOTS:

@all,

I beg, anybody get gist about the union diagonistic PP wey happen a while ago?

The certificates are out and some people have received theirs. You can go to first registrars with your id card and prove of payment to collect yours.
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by Geees: 10:39pm On Mar 18, 2008
cheexy:

The certificates are out and some people have received theirs. You can go to first registrars with your id card and prove of payment to collect yours.

Hope they will still post it for those who dont want to go to Iganmu?
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by SavvyLanre: 10:43pm On Mar 18, 2008
Aktopgun - many thanks, make i try am -

My people - see my dream o,

Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by aktopgun(m): 10:44pm On Mar 18, 2008
Naijadr:

abeg aktopgun, u fit shine candle on big treat, I want to sell, but I'm hoping it'll get to about N14 next week, so I can at least break even.
Thanks much, hope iyawo and Tobe are doing great.

here u go doc.

Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by cheexy: 10:49pm On Mar 18, 2008
Just heard this on the news.

Shoreline Energy International has acquired 60% stake in Nigerian Ropes PLC. I guess that is what has been cooking.
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by blueband(m): 10:51pm On Mar 18, 2008
E b like say these days to get AK to yearn na to first ask am about Tobe.So AK how is Tobe?
Now,abeg tell me which tock I go consider buy this week.Thanks!Sorry,Iyawo nko?
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by debenzd(f): 10:51pm On Mar 18, 2008
If the news on Dangote is true, then at least it will help the price to move up a bit before closure.

@Fatherof2 et @Wanajo et @pumping et @Roughcut she I get am right.

(1) (2) (3) ... (680) (681) (682) (683) (684) (685) (686) ... (793) (Reply)

Mutual Funds / MBA Investors Forum / Crypto Currency Investors Thread

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 72
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.