Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,173,345 members, 7,888,100 topics. Date: Friday, 12 July 2024 at 07:16 PM

Osun CAN Orders Christian Students To Attend Classes In Church Robe - Religion (17) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Osun CAN Orders Christian Students To Attend Classes In Church Robe (46450 Views)

Skuki Peeshaun Alerts EFCC As Biodun Fatoyinbo Asks Students To Sow 500k Seed / Christian Students Should Snub Arabic Classes - Adeboye, Oyedepo, Kumuyi, Others / Osun Christian Students Must Wear Garments If Muslims Wear Hijabs – CAN Insists (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (14) (15) (16) (17) (18) (19) (20) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Osun CAN Orders Christian Students To Attend Classes In Church Robe by doveda: 5:24pm On Jun 10, 2016
Are you daft? Don't quote me again if you can't comprehend.

dragonking2:
Did this countries ban hijab, yes or no? Also post the link saying that Tunisia has re-introduced wearing of hijab. ...

Re: Osun CAN Orders Christian Students To Attend Classes In Church Robe by Rekeb: 5:25pm On Jun 10, 2016
Great, let them wear their church robe to class and let muslim girls wear their hijab. That will be good for decency.
Re: Osun CAN Orders Christian Students To Attend Classes In Church Robe by MistadeRegal(m): 5:31pm On Jun 10, 2016
What if Traditional Worshippers also attend schools in their regalia? Teacher go stay for class?
Re: Osun CAN Orders Christian Students To Attend Classes In Church Robe by dragonking2: 5:36pm On Jun 10, 2016
doveda:
Are you daft? Don't quote me again if you can't comprehend.

I sense butt hurt.. The truth hurts right.. .

http://www.voicesofyouth.org/en/posts/tunisian-law--bans-hijab-in-schools

I am waiting for you to post the recent link were the ban has been lifted. ..

Muslim countries are dumping Islam gradually by dumping the hijab first and you are talking trash about EU.....Nonsense

Don't worry, another Muslim country is even thinking of dumping Islam totally as its official religion.. .Nobody wants to be associated with evil

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-3473136/Bangladesh-considering-abandoning-Islam-official-religion-following-wake-extremist-attacks.html

1 Like

Re: Osun CAN Orders Christian Students To Attend Classes In Church Robe by OBAGADAFFI: 5:42pm On Jun 10, 2016
doveda:
Religion neutrality does not mean that people cannot be free to practice their religion
Hijab is very important.

Religions neutrality mean the government and government institution(Schools, Courts) does not get involve in religious issues.
Re: Osun CAN Orders Christian Students To Attend Classes In Church Robe by doveda: 5:44pm On Jun 10, 2016
Bangladesh is not a Muslim country. I didn't insult you. I sensed your objective when I read your first mention. You are not smart and I m sorry I engaged you at all.

Tunisia has reintroduced it. Google it. I live in EU and I am in a better position to know what and what not. No one is saying that hijab won't be dropped at some point. It is part of the re-emergence of Jahilliyah. Every practising Muslim knows that, you don't have to tell us. It is a stale news.

dragonking2:
I sense butt hurt.. The truth hurts right.. .

http://www.voicesofyouth.org/en/posts/tunisian-law--bans-hijab-in-schools

I am waiting for you to post the recent link were the ban has been lifted. ..

Muslim countries are dumping Islam gradually by dumping the hijab first and you are talking trash about EU.....Nonsense

Don't worry, another Muslim country is even thinking of dumping Islam totally as its official religion.. .Nobody wants to be associated with evil

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-3473136/Bangladesh-considering-abandoning-Islam-official-religion-following-wake-extremist-attacks.html

2 Likes

Re: Osun CAN Orders Christian Students To Attend Classes In Church Robe by doveda: 5:46pm On Jun 10, 2016
Actually it is not an absolute term. I will talk about it later
OBAGADAFFI:

Religions neutrality mean the government and government institution(Schools, Courts) does not get involve in religious issues.
Re: Osun CAN Orders Christian Students To Attend Classes In Church Robe by Amberon11: 6:17pm On Jun 10, 2016
Look at this clown. Nobody gives a donkey's ass.

Cheers to your camel piss..!! I hear its the Islamic juice. cheesy cheesy
doveda:
Do you know that my Uni's (UK) mosque is finer and more equipped than the one in UI tongue cheesy

Can you please cry me a river now grin?
Re: Osun CAN Orders Christian Students To Attend Classes In Church Robe by Amberon11: 6:26pm On Jun 10, 2016
Olodo, EU is not country, neither is it a continent.
doveda:
Bangladesh is not a Muslim country. I didn't insult you. I sensed your objective when I read your first mention. You are not smart and I m sorry I engaged you at all.

Tunisia has reintroduced it. Google it. I live in EU and I am in a better position to know what and what not. No one is saying that hijab won't be dropped at some point. It is part of the re-emergence of Jahilliyah. Every practising Muslim knows that, you don't have to tell us. It is a stale news.

Re: Osun CAN Orders Christian Students To Attend Classes In Church Robe by Amberon11: 6:26pm On Jun 10, 2016
Olodo, EU is not a country, neither is it a continent.
doveda:

Re: Osun CAN Orders Christian Students To Attend Classes In Church Robe by Amberon11: 6:27pm On Jun 10, 2016
doveda:

Re: Osun CAN Orders Christian Students To Attend Classes In Church Robe by dragonking2: 6:31pm On Jun 10, 2016
doveda:

If a country that has about 85% of its people to be Muslims, it is a Muslim country...The United Nations has regarded them as an Islamic country...i expect you in EU to know.. ..cheesy It is painful, I know. cheesy

You live in EU cheesy yet you fail to post the recent link were it is stated that Tunisia has re-introduced wearing of hijab. ..Please post it, we are waiting.
Re: Osun CAN Orders Christian Students To Attend Classes In Church Robe by Amberon11: 6:33pm On Jun 10, 2016
doveda:

Re: Osun CAN Orders Christian Students To Attend Classes In Church Robe by dragonking2: 6:34pm On Jun 10, 2016
Amberon11:
Leave that idiot, let him display his stupidity online for all to see.. .Thats what I want cheesy
Re: Osun CAN Orders Christian Students To Attend Classes In Church Robe by rollywise(m): 6:46pm On Jun 10, 2016
I'm not supporting CAN for their payback method, but seriously how can a sane court allow people wear what they feel is best for them to an institution not built by them. Most especially when this dress code poses a lot of security threat. Must it be hijab?? Can't a scarf do the job?
Re: Osun CAN Orders Christian Students To Attend Classes In Church Robe by Mintek: 6:55pm On Jun 10, 2016
gunuvi:
Nice one and the traditional worshippers should wear masquerade attired too. It will be nice to see an egun sit beside a celestial girl and an hijab girl in same class. The egin should not forget to come to class with his long cane just in case. grin grin

grin grin grin
Re: Osun CAN Orders Christian Students To Attend Classes In Church Robe by HaneefahRN(f): 7:21pm On Jun 10, 2016
Right now some Christians just arranged a programme in front of the hostel, blaring loud speakers preaching, playing Christian songs. Some are in the hostel singing and dancing, moving from room to the room, preaching and sharing pamphlets even to people that are obviously muslims. Come to our rooms early in the morning (4:30-5am) to preach, over 10 different fellowships can come to preach and is a common routine. This is a religion free and all accommodating institution. We are all tolerating each other, but when you practise your religion and at the same time try to tell some other religion not to practise theirs as known (something that has no effect on you) and still come back to tag all these people 'intolerant ' then you are nothing but a hypocrite.

Wear your robes and chef caps and we'll wear our hijabs!

2 Likes

Re: Osun CAN Orders Christian Students To Attend Classes In Church Robe by MarieSucre(f): 7:25pm On Jun 10, 2016
vedaxcool:

Then it is left for the law court to determine whether such irritation matters enough to warrant a ban. The judge just said No.

I am not against what the judge says. Religious freedom is protected. I 100% support that. My post is in response to you asking that guy to respect the wearing of hijab while being 2-faced about being uncovered.
Re: Osun CAN Orders Christian Students To Attend Classes In Church Robe by Leiman100(m): 7:39pm On Jun 10, 2016
datola:
I just wonder if there is more to the wearing of the so called hijab copied from Arabian countries.

Meanwhile, CAN should act in a biblical manner so as not to be seen as playing an eye for an eye game.
this is insanity of the highest order, what do you know about Islam and why the anxiety
Re: Osun CAN Orders Christian Students To Attend Classes In Church Robe by doveda: 7:40pm On Jun 10, 2016
Olodo! Silatu Loma lo. Oni mowe mo, papappaa

I live in the EU. Satisifed?
Amberon11:
Re: Osun CAN Orders Christian Students To Attend Classes In Church Robe by doveda: 7:42pm On Jun 10, 2016
I don't want to post it. You are not worth it. Next time, do your research properly. You are dismisssed!

dragonking2:
If a country that has about 85% of its people to be Muslims, it is a Muslim country...The United Nations has regarded them as an Islamic country...i expect you in EU to know.. ..cheesy It is painful, I know. cheesy

You live in EU cheesy yet you fail to post the recent link were it is stated that Tunisia has re-introduced wearing of hijab. ..Please post it, we are waiting.
Re: Osun CAN Orders Christian Students To Attend Classes In Church Robe by MarieSucre(f): 7:44pm On Jun 10, 2016
[quote author=estwhile post=46448586][/quote]

We are not arguing whether Christianity existed then because it didn't. Jesus himself prayed in a synagogue. Thats is irrelevant to the topic. The weather has not changed in Israel. Its only with the innovations made in Technology. Like Air Conditioner, Humidifier, construction of tall building that regulate air flow, planting more trees that have shade but were not originally native to that region.

And no in Israel women who covered especially to the extent of the niqab were known as prostitutes because they wanted to conceal their identity. Read Genesis Chapter 38.

Finally The Jewish law which was followed by Mary did not require a hijab. It was merely cultural. Even Jesus himself allowed a woman to wipe his feet with her hair. Would a woman observing the hijab expose her hair before men talk more of use it to wipe someone's feet.

I and Islam have a complicated relationship.
Re: Osun CAN Orders Christian Students To Attend Classes In Church Robe by doveda: 7:46pm On Jun 10, 2016
I will send a picturesmiley
Oh! It also has a mini kitchen, with microwave(a very big one), cupboards etcgrin. I don't know what is wrong with the plumbing, they are doing maintenance on it at the moment.smiley.

E ni bonbe! Orin yin no, e ma ko kutongue

I will send some pictures on Tuesday.

Amberon11:
Look at this clown. Nobody gives a donkey's ass.

Cheers to your camel piss..!! I hear its the Islamic juice. cheesy cheesy
Re: Osun CAN Orders Christian Students To Attend Classes In Church Robe by Amiee99(f): 7:46pm On Jun 10, 2016
menstrualpad:

Shush

You too, shush
Re: Osun CAN Orders Christian Students To Attend Classes In Church Robe by Zeinymira(f): 7:47pm On Jun 10, 2016
HaneefahRN:

Don't mind them. You'll go to a supposedly religion-free school and we all sing and dance to their Christian songs, make us celebrate Christmas carol and all (for those of us that went to boarding house especially you must be there). There is no problem with this.
In school they will come to you in class or start making noise, sometimes go from room to room early in the morning or stay in front of your room preaching and praying, disturbing one's peace (no problem, they are practising their faith)
I knew how many sets suffered for muslim nursing students to use hijab in my school then (though it had been allowed by nursing council almost 20 years ago), they stood against it's use. Then a 'sister" was admitted and allowed to use her cape (no problem she is practising her faith). My set eventually won the case and Muslim females now use their hijabs, after then the insults and intimidation we faced from some Christian tutors was just crazy, and the most annoying part are the people with terrible behaviours that will later come with pamphlets to try and come and preach to one. Hypocrites
Salam alaykum sis, which nursing school did u graduate from? Because this your school sound like one nursing school in Ibadan.
Re: Osun CAN Orders Christian Students To Attend Classes In Church Robe by MarieSucre(f): 7:53pm On Jun 10, 2016
NOETHNICITY:
But why cant Christians understnd that the hijab is an inseparable part of a female muslim's life? U want a woman to abandon her way of life jus to please u? Haba don't be selfish! Nobdy is forcing anyone to wear the hijab, but pple shud not be stopped frm wearing it!

doveda

I am not sure if I am the one who misunderstood his post or you did.

Why I said that was I see people of our generation now taking religion so seriously to the point where we want to use it to limit the freedom we have already gained, hence the "regression" part. And by freedom, I mean to practice our faith in peace without harming others.

I apologize of if came out otherwise.
Muslim women should be allowed to wear the hijab as long as it is their choice.

1 Like

Re: Osun CAN Orders Christian Students To Attend Classes In Church Robe by dragonking2: 7:54pm On Jun 10, 2016
doveda:

I don't want to post it. You are not worth it. Next time, do your research properly. You are dismisssed!

You have displayed your stupidity online for everyone to see and I will keep on exposing your kind.. .EU kor NASA ni.. .shior.. Next Muslim who wants to be schooled should volunteer, am game
Re: Osun CAN Orders Christian Students To Attend Classes In Church Robe by MarieSucre(f): 7:57pm On Jun 10, 2016
HaneefahRN:
Right now some Christians just arranged a programme in front of the hostel, blaring loud speakers preaching, playing Christian songs. Some are in the hostel singing and dancing, moving from room to the room, preaching and sharing pamphlets even to people that are obviously muslims. Come to our rooms early in the morning (4:30-5am) to preach, over 10 different fellowships can come to preach and is a common routine. This is a religion free and all accommodating institution. We are all tolerating each other, but when you practise your religion and at the same time try to tell some other religion not to practise theirs as known (something that has no effect on you) and still come back to tag all these people 'intolerant ' then you are nothing but a hypocrite.

Wear your robes and chef caps and we'll wear our hijabs!

What school is this? Do you not think there should some sort of regulation for this?
Re: Osun CAN Orders Christian Students To Attend Classes In Church Robe by MarieSucre(f): 7:58pm On Jun 10, 2016
Leiman100:
this is insanity of the highest order, what do you know about Islam and why the anxiety

I would prefer if you would not talk about this because you do not know anything yourself
Re: Osun CAN Orders Christian Students To Attend Classes In Church Robe by doveda: 8:02pm On Jun 10, 2016
I am sorry.
MarieSucre:

doveda

I am not if I am the one who misunderstood his post or you did.

Why I said that was I see people of our generation now taking religion so seriously to the point where we want to use it to limit the freedom we have already gained, hence the "regression" part. And by freedom, I mean to practice our faith in peace without harming others.

I apologize of if came out otherwise.
Muslim women should be allowed to wear the hijab as long as it is their choice.

(1) (2) (3) ... (14) (15) (16) (17) (18) (19) (20) (Reply)

Check Out Pastor Chris Okotie's Fleet Of Cars (Photos) / Who Is The Best Nigerian Gospel Artiste? (Pictures) / Emmy Kosgei Spotted At A Private Jet Plant (photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 51
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.