Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,168,970 members, 7,873,109 topics. Date: Thursday, 27 June 2024 at 08:13 AM

Osun CAN Orders Christian Students To Attend Classes In Church Robe - Religion (19) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Osun CAN Orders Christian Students To Attend Classes In Church Robe (46372 Views)

Skuki Peeshaun Alerts EFCC As Biodun Fatoyinbo Asks Students To Sow 500k Seed / Christian Students Should Snub Arabic Classes - Adeboye, Oyedepo, Kumuyi, Others / Osun Christian Students Must Wear Garments If Muslims Wear Hijabs – CAN Insists (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (16) (17) (18) (19) (20) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Osun CAN Orders Christian Students To Attend Classes In Church Robe by menstrualpad: 4:31pm On Jun 12, 2016
Amiee99:

Kid. Hi
You want some shekels from me innit kids?
Re: Osun CAN Orders Christian Students To Attend Classes In Church Robe by vedaxcool(m): 4:40pm On Jun 12, 2016
MarieSucre:

Yes you get to choose what part of the past you keep. Would you also throw out your language? Throw out your religion? Tell me so that I know that you truly want to throw away the past.

The examples I gave about the Puritans and the early missionaries was strictly regarding their dressing because that is what pertain to this topic. The Puritans and the Quakers later carried out pogroms against people they called witches and hung them. Does that have anything to do with this discussion? NO! Does it have anything to do with dressing? NO! So that's why I did not add it.

The drinking husband's dead body water has no relevance to this topic. As this topic is about dressing. The igbos also wear masquerade clothes. They also used to use matchet to go to war. They also used to marry their daughters off sometimes as early as 13. Does that have relevance to this topic??

BACK TO THE TOPIC
As I stated earlier, in East African and much of southern Nigeria, both women and men only tied a A SHORT WAIST WRAPPER THAT COVERED THEIR BUTTOCKS(I noticed you missed this part earlier) with no chest covering. Men can still do this though. Would you give these women the same consideration that the hijab has just being given?

The question is not whether you like it or not. Only this thread alone shows you that a lot of people who do not like the hijab. Muhhajiba's already who suffer most of the religious related attacks.

The question is. Just like everyone will respect yours. Will you respect theirs. that's all.

grin you seem to be arguing for argument sake. It makes sense to you to pick the unclothedness out of every aspects of culture but unfortunately for you the you still don't get get choose what part of culture you pick the sensible igbo community long decided unclothedness have bo place in their region drinking dead body water doesn't have a place in their community. And please the point I initially made was clearly about stark unclothedness. You simply just moved the goal post. Like I said the law doesn't tolerate unclothedness simple.
Re: Osun CAN Orders Christian Students To Attend Classes In Church Robe by truthmans2012: 5:08pm On Jun 12, 2016
vedaxcool:
grin grin grin It IS NON OF WE MUSLIM BUSINESS IT IS BETWEEN THEM AND THE SCHOOL AUTHORITY.

I must praise the Osun state muslims for their exemplary behavior by following the law and obtaining this ruling. Rather than take the law into their hands they simply followed due process. I trust they won't make this spiteful move of CAN their business and watch as CAN shows its real face. A good muslim does not make it his business to deprive Christians their rights to clothing of their choosing.

And you think it will urgur well if students wear their different religious attires to school?

There is a misconception here: the Christians are not complaining over wearing of hijab in Muslim schools but in schools founded by Christians.

This is one of the mistakes committed by Aregbesola. I told the people that his islamic steps will soon put the state in trouble. When he newly came on board in the State, he would in public gatherings be shouting "Alahu Akbr" and the people responding as if in religious gatherings. Then I sensed trouble coming to the state. It is like having a Christian Governor shouting "alleluyah" in official functions and people responding "praise Jesus". How do you think the Muslims would feel?

The state was peaceful before he came and now I doubt if the same peace will continue. It is not the responsibility of a government to promote any religion, especially in public matters. Is it?
Re: Osun CAN Orders Christian Students To Attend Classes In Church Robe by Amiee99(f): 10:49pm On Jun 12, 2016
menstrualpad:

You want some shekels from me innit kids?

I don't want or need anything from you. All I wanna know is why you're picking on me!!!
Re: Osun CAN Orders Christian Students To Attend Classes In Church Robe by oweniwe(m): 7:34am On Jun 13, 2016
HaneefahRN:
Hypocrites. Like they wear a robe on a normal day. The hijab is part of the Muslim woman's identity, it is a known part of our religion. We ain't telling you to wear it, but it is our right to wear it. If you ain't satisfied then, you can go to hell for all we care. Later they'll come crying some people are trying to Islamize the Country while fighting against Muslims practising their religion.

If you like after wearing robe, remove your shoes like sele people, na your wahala be that.

Evem among moslem women, there is hypocrisy in the use of hijab... It is a matter of class.

It is only the poor, un/half educated Moslem women that are required to wear long, thick hijab EVERY TIME.... EVERY WHERE...!!.. shocked shocked shocked

The ladies that are educated or from rich homes, it is only when they want to go mosque or fasting periods, that is when you will see them stylishly wrap lace scarf over their hair and shoulder.... Every other time, you will NEVER see them wear hijab cheesy cheesy wink wink

Cc : daretodiffer

*looks right; looks left*...

I hope my neck is safe... I just dey observe o... No be blasphemy o... cool cool
Re: Osun CAN Orders Christian Students To Attend Classes In Church Robe by MarieSucre(f): 8:09am On Jun 13, 2016
vedaxcool:

grin you seem to be arguing for argument sake. It makes sense to you to pick the unclothedness out of every aspects of culture but unfortunately for you the you still don't get get choose what part of culture you pick the sensible igbo community long decided unclothedness have bo place in their region drinking dead body water doesn't have a place in their community. And please the point I initially made was clearly about stark unclothedness. You simply just moved the goal post. Like I said the law doesn't tolerate unclothedness simple.

grin you seem to be arguing for argument sake. It makes sense to you to pick the unclothedness out of every aspects of culture but unfortunately for you the you still don't get get choose what part of culture you pick the sensible igbo community long decided unclothedness have bo place in their region drinking dead body water"

You say I am the one arguing for the sake of arguing yet you're the one refusing to address issues, rather fixated one "dead body" water so you don't have to address the main issue dressing.

Because I'm generous I'll repost part of my previous answer.
" The drinking husband's dead body water has no relevance
to this topic. As this topic is about dressing. The igbos
also wear masquerade clothes. They also used to use
matchet to go to war. They also used to marry their
daughters off sometimes as early as 13. Does that have
relevance to this topic??"

" And please the point I initially made was clearly about stark unclothedness. You simply just moved the goal post. "

Nope I was the one who talk about "unclothedness". When I said Saudi Arabia, Yemen and Afghanistan would call a girl like me who does not veil naked. I also noticed you did not address that either. Apparently you're OK with it when it's the other way round.

" Like I said the law doesn't tolerate unclothedness simple"

The law in France bans the niqab. Some other western countries have tried to formulate laws to ban the hijab. I'm guessing since you're a supporter of "the law". You also support this ban, yes?
Re: Osun CAN Orders Christian Students To Attend Classes In Church Robe by olaitanReal: 8:37am On Jun 13, 2016
[b]OUR STAND IS CLEAR, WE UNDERSTAND YOU, WE SEEK YOUR UNDERSTANDING
Dear Bigotic Friends,
That murderer in Kaduna hiding under the cloak of Ramadan to perpetuate evil should be charged for murder,
The killers in Kano, hiding under the pretense of blasphemy, should be charged to court.
Yinusa; that young man from Kano that allowed a minor (Nigerian constitution) to elope with her for love should be made a scape goat.
We all agree on these, we spent our time to establish justice. Many people from different faith joined reasonable Muslims to ask for equality and justice when the culprit are Muslims but when justice favours Islam, we hibernate in our shell of bigotry.
When the missionary brought Christianised western education, they came with standards established on christianity. We accepted without queries because its not against our faith, there is no reason to object, hatred has no space in ISLAM. We see no reason to oppose for the sake of opposition and hatred.
The missionary came with a dressing that is in tandem with the teachings of the christian faith (use of beret and pinafore), we have no cause to complain because it has no bearing on our faith. We accepted everything as we were taught, you told us we have freedom to express our faith (Though our religion taught us that before western education came).
Now, we ask the constitution to grant us what is left to complete our faith in the dressing mode, we will put on the same uniform you gave us, BUT WE WANT TO ADD THE HIJAB TO COVER OUR HEAD BECAUSE IT IS A REQUIREMENT OF OUR RELIGION TO COVER OUR HEAD FROM A STRANGER EVERYTIME AND EVERYWHERE. How have we sinned for asking for our right? A right that has been granted by a competent court of jurisdiction.
The hijab is permitted in Federal Government schools already, the hijab is permitted in the university, why this hatred for my daughters?
The same right you preached for years, the same right we join you in upholding when we denounce our wayward brothers when they err, the same right that has been granted in the UK, Italy, US, Canada etc. I wonder how the Hijab affect your daughter's studies, how does it affect your faith, how does it affect your well-being.
If indeed you are truthful for what you preach, do we need to ask the court to grant us this right, is it not just a matter of understanding that you tell me to practice my faith with due happiness? Should you not even call me to order when I fail to uphold what my religion ask me to (Indeed, I have reasonable friends that call me to order on my faith and I appreciate that).
This and many more explains the bigotry in CAN and you that supports CAN. This explains why it is hard for me to easily support justice when the campaign for justice is from you. You hide under freedom to label ISLAM and MUSLIMS evil. That same freedom when skewed away from your end, your bigotry and hatred precipitates.
Justice will not be done to this issue if I ignore the hypocritic bigots masquerading as activists. Their silence speaks volume. The silence that was buried for the incidents in Kano and Kaduna. I understand your plight, your definition of activism and social justice is all about HATRED FOR MUSLIMS AND ISLAM.
I can imagine what would have happened if a school in the North says all students in government schools should put on the hijab. I can imagine if Ansarudeen Grammar School in IWO says all the student in the school should put on the hijab compulsorily. Surely, the inmate of Heaven would have been sent packing.
Perhaps I should bring to your consciousness, we will keep asking for equality as Muslims.
Christians conduct assemblies in secondary schools for 4 days, we keep shut, Thats how reasonable we are!
We have not asked for a work-free Friday, Thats how reasonable we are!
We have not asked for over flowing garment for our girls, Thats how reasonable we are!
We didnt ask for the hijab to be compulsory for you! We leave you to live your life how you want it, so why should we live our live not how we want it but how you want us to live it?
The next time your squall for justice and I decline not joining your skewed cause, remember your definition of justice is themed ANTI-ISLAM.
Oh Bigotic friends feigning activism, I need to tell you that the Hijab will not impact your life for a bit, your silence on the impunity of CAN speaks volume for your definition of justice, my definition of Justice has no religion dimension.
Thank You[/b]
Re: Osun CAN Orders Christian Students To Attend Classes In Church Robe by doveda: 8:40am On Jun 13, 2016
You are very wrong

1) There are many uneducated Muslims that do not wear hijab or scarves. Some of those that do just do it because it is either what they are comfortable with or what they have been to believe it is proper. For some it is out of genuine religious convictions whole some don't because of lifestyle choices.

2) There are many educated Muslims that wear long hijabs. I know a lot, some of them even hold Phds.

3)There are many educated people who do not use hijabs or scarves. When some rich people fail to use hijabs, it is down to ego or arrogance. Some willingly interpret the Quran to fit into their lifestyles.

4) Each category have different reasons for choosing not to wear hijabs or scarves

Ishilove, Muhammad Ali should have been buried without a coffin on the same day that he died or early the next day. The rich Muslims or the poor Muslims DO NOT have different set of rules. I don't know why it happened however May Allah accept all his ibadah and make the afterlife easy for him.

oweniwe:

Evem among moslem women, there is hypocrisy in the use of hijab... It is a matter of class.

It is only the poor, un/half educated Moslem women that are required to wear long, thick hijab EVERY TIME.... EVERY WHERE...!!.. shocked shocked shocked

The ladies that are educated or from rich homes, it is only when they want to go mosque or fasting periods, that is when you will see them stylishly wrap lace scarf over their hair and shoulder.... Every other time, you will NEVER see them wear hijab cheesy cheesy wink wink

Cc : daretodiffer

*looks right; looks left*...

I hope my neck is safe... I just dey observe o... No be blasphemy o... cool cool

1 Like

Re: Osun CAN Orders Christian Students To Attend Classes In Church Robe by menstrualpad: 9:44am On Jun 13, 2016
Amiee99:

I don't want or need anything from you. All I wanna know is why you're picking on me!!!
Ain't picking kids...you picked the wrong person...am very picky.... What do you want kids?
Re: Osun CAN Orders Christian Students To Attend Classes In Church Robe by oweniwe(m): 10:03am On Jun 13, 2016
doveda:
You are very wrong

1) There are many uneducated Muslims that do not wear hijab or scarves. Some of those that do just do it because it is either what they are comfortable with or what they have been to believe it is proper. For some it is out of genuine religious convictions whole some don't because of lifestyle choices.

2) There are many educated Muslims that wear long hijabs.

3. When some rich people fail to use hijabs, it is down to ego or arrogance.

4) Each category have different reasons for choosing not to wear hijabs or scarves

Muhammad Ali should have been buried without a coffin on the same day that he died or early the next day. The rich Muslims or the poor Muslims DO NOT have different set of rules.

1. Poor/Uneducate Moslem women often wear hijab o.... In fact, it is like second skin to them.... That is how they are raised up sha.... So it's a matter of upbringing... Same for middle class/rich moslem folks....

I never saw any of my Moslem classmates wearing hijab or cap even though we live in the same street and go to school together ... Olomore FHE

But those in Lafenwa/sabo, even if the sun is blowing hot air, they're always in hijab... I will see one eleha (black burka wearing woman covered head to toe... Even wearing black socks and gloves) in Olomore... But I will see ten elehas in Lafenwa...

In Ibara GRA, during events... I never see anybody wear hijab... But in suburbs... Hmmm.

Its a matter of social status... Daughters of rich northern folks... Same thing.

2. I never see Educated moslem woman wey dey wear hijab go work... maybe in the North or middle belt... But in the south west, I neve See.

3. Not really arrogance or ego. Its depends on how they were brought up. I have lady Moslem friends who are very gentle and humble... We live on same street... I never see them wear hijab.

4. You're right.

Ali ' s burial case is a matter of culture.... And status too... In my village, if money dey, they keep the body in the morgue for few months and then they bring it home after burial arrangements have been made.

But if there is no money, they bury the deceased the next day and do the burial later.

Religion is something we ought to confine to the boundary of our premise. To me, it is wrong for someone to carry his religion out and use it to disturb other people. People preaching inside buses or loud Night vigils annoy me.

if anyone feels his religion is not good, if it is safe for him to convert to another religion, he will convert to his desired religion without anybody preaching or talking to him.

It's a matter of numbers though... In the majority Moslem north, they use islam to harras people because they are majority ...

So in the south, if you feel you're being harrased with Christianity...., Please Keep in mind that up north, Christians are enduring even worse discrimination or being killed because of islamic extremism...

As far as nobody is beating, stabbing or burning your house for not being a Christian, ... Life goes on smiley
Re: Osun CAN Orders Christian Students To Attend Classes In Church Robe by Amiee99(f): 12:25pm On Jun 13, 2016
menstrualpad:

Ain't picking kids...you picked the wrong person...am very picky.... What do you want kids?

"Kids" = plural.
I'm one.
Re: Osun CAN Orders Christian Students To Attend Classes In Church Robe by menstrualpad: 12:47pm On Jun 13, 2016
smellingmenses got a tail fer yer here...kids sun is shining go and play outside...

Amiee99:

"Kids" = plural.
I'm one.
Re: Osun CAN Orders Christian Students To Attend Classes In Church Robe by Amiee99(f): 1:01pm On Jun 13, 2016
menstrualpad:
smellingmenses got a tail fer yer here...kids sun is shining go and play outside...

You're actually the kid here
Re: Osun CAN Orders Christian Students To Attend Classes In Church Robe by menstrualpad: 1:08pm On Jun 13, 2016
Amiee99:

STOP MY MENTIONS KIDS.... AIN'T THA RUNAWAY MAN YOU WERE TOLD ABOUT....
Re: Osun CAN Orders Christian Students To Attend Classes In Church Robe by doveda: 7:59pm On Jun 13, 2016
1) The underpriviledged wear hijab too and there are as MANY that don't in the SW. If I start counting from family to acquaintance and to neighbours, the ratio of the underprivileged that don't use hijab outweighs those that are educated.
2) Environment could be a factor. I know MANY hijabites with University's degrees. My mum inclusive. In fact there is a woman in the UK from Nigeria that lectures in a UK government University that lectures with her very big hijab.
3) It might come as a surprise to you but wearing hijab does not make you hot and even if it does, you get used to it. Besides, it is no one's business whether it is affecting them or not.
4) Ego is a factor for some rich Muslims. I know because I am a Muslim lady. It also affects certain lifestyle choices too. For the unpriviliged ones who use long hijab, it is more of what they were brought up with. They might not even know what the religion is about sef. Same thing applies to rich Muslim ladies. The ones that know....don't care. They just want to live their lives. For their parents or guardians, it is all about fitting into the society.
5) In Islam, it doesn't matter what your culture says. You have to be buried the same day you for or the next day however who knows what happened in Ali's case. I can't judge.
6) I don't care what they do in the North. The can call themselves Muslims got all I care, if they don't act like one. They are not Muslims!!! If I livd in the SW, I won't endure disturbance because someone is doing the same thing to them. I am very tolerant. My Christian friends can make personal prayers in my home however it would be an insult to pray for me with Jesus's name.
7)People should make their religion a personal thing. It is little things like this that escalates into something more serious. There should be no reason to entertain provocation. People should learn to mind their business. The North advantage is their population and you will be surprised surprised that some of not most of these guys are not believers but merely Muslims by culture. Therefore you cannot use them to judge how you treat Muslims down south
cool In the SW, most muslim ladies either move around uncovered or use a scarve. They often convert it their scarf to an hijab when they are about to pray.
9) It is very hard to categorise.

oweniwe:

1. Poor/Uneducate Moslem women often wear hijab o.... In fact, it is like second skin to them.... That is how they are raised up sha.... So it's a matter of upbringing... Same for middle class/rich moslem folks....

I never saw any of my Moslem classmates wearing hijab or cap even though we live in the same street and go to school together ... Olomore FHE

But those in Lafenwa/sabo, even if the sun is blowing hot air, they're always in hijab... I will see one eleha (black burka wearing woman covered head to toe... Even wearing black socks and gloves) in Olomore... But I will see ten elehas in Lafenwa...

In Ibara GRA, during events... I never see anybody wear hijab... But in suburbs... Hmmm.

Its a matter of social status... Daughters of rich northern folks... Same thing.

2. I never see Educated moslem woman wey dey wear hijab go work... maybe in the North or middle belt... But in the south west, I neve See.

3. Not really arrogance or ego. Its depends on how they were brought up. I have lady Moslem friends who are very gentle and humble... We live on same street... I never see them wear hijab.

4. You're right.

Ali ' s burial case is a matter of culture.... And status too... In my village, if money dey, they keep the body in the morgue for few months and then they bring it home after burial arrangements have been made.

But if there is no money, they bury the deceased the next day and do the burial later.

Religion is something we ought to confine to the boundary of our premise. To me, it is wrong for someone to carry his religion out and use it to disturb other people. People preaching inside buses or loud Night vigils annoy me.

if anyone feels his religion is not good, if it is safe for him to convert to another religion, he will convert to his desired religion without anybody preaching or talking to him.

It's a matter of numbers though... In the majority Moslem north, they use islam to harras people because they are majority ...

So in the south, if you feel you're being harrased with Christianity...., Please Keep in mind that up north, Christians are enduring even worse discrimination or being killed because of islamic extremism...

As far as nobody is beating, stabbing or burning your house for not being a Christian, ... Life goes on smiley
Re: Osun CAN Orders Christian Students To Attend Classes In Church Robe by oweniwe(m): 8:19pm On Jun 13, 2016
doveda:
1) I am very tolerant. My Christian friends can make personal prayers in my home however it would be an insult to pray for me with Jesus's name.

Whether I smiled or chuckled when I read this, I don't know. cool

Why you go vex nau? cry

As far as person no use satan name pray for me, ... prayer is a gift/blessing, not curse...... From a friend, not an enemy... smiley

I don't see anything insulting or offensive in it. smiley smiley
Re: Osun CAN Orders Christian Students To Attend Classes In Church Robe by Amiee99(f): 11:26pm On Jun 13, 2016
menstrualpad:

STOP MY MENTIONS KIDS.... AIN'T THA RUNAWAY MAN YOU WERE TOLD ABOUT....

Ohhh. Now you've agreed that you're the kid.
Round of applause
Re: Osun CAN Orders Christian Students To Attend Classes In Church Robe by doveda: 11:41pm On Jun 13, 2016
From a friend that understands that I am a Muslim? Who needs enemies when you have friends like thatsad.

oweniwe:

Whether I smiled or chuckled when I read this, I don't know. cool

Why you go vex nau? cry

As far as person no use satan name pray for me, ... prayer is a gift/blessing, not curse...... From a friend, not an enemy... smiley

I don't see anything insulting or offensive in it. smiley smiley
Re: Osun CAN Orders Christian Students To Attend Classes In Church Robe by oweniwe(m): 12:25am On Jun 14, 2016
doveda:
From a friend that understands that I am a Muslim? Who needs enemies when you have friends like thatsad.

Honestly, just as I didn't know you take exception to being prayed for in Jesus name, your Christian friends may not know you don't like it.

If you tell them you don't like it, they will pray general "God bless us" prayer or keep quiet.
Re: Osun CAN Orders Christian Students To Attend Classes In Church Robe by menstrualpad: 6:44am On Jun 14, 2016
Amiee99:

Ohhh. Now you've agreed that you're the kid.
Round of applause
Thought you were smart. Am not the father figure you're looking for kids... Quit my mentions.
Re: Osun CAN Orders Christian Students To Attend Classes In Church Robe by Amiee99(f): 9:19am On Jun 14, 2016
menstrualpad:

Thought you were smart. Am not the father figure you're looking for kids... Quit my mentions.

I've got enough father figures already. I wouldn't even look up to you even if you were the last person left.
You can't even be one if intuition doesn't tell you that you just don't call someone terrorist for defending what she stands for.
Grow up, menstrualpad.
Re: Osun CAN Orders Christian Students To Attend Classes In Church Robe by smellingmenses: 11:12am On Jun 14, 2016
Amiee99:

I've got enough father figures already. I wouldn't even look up to you even if you were the last person left.
You can't even be one if intuition doesn't tell you that you just don't call someone terrorist for defending what she stands for.
Grow up, menstrualpad.
Kids what's up with your fixation on menstrualpad.... He didn't pay for your coochie
Re: Osun CAN Orders Christian Students To Attend Classes In Church Robe by Amiee99(f): 6:23pm On Jun 14, 2016
smellingmenses:

Kids what's up with your fixation on menstrualpad.... He didn't pay for your coochie

I never asked you to quote me.
Re: Osun CAN Orders Christian Students To Attend Classes In Church Robe by smellingmenses: 7:21pm On Jun 14, 2016
I did...are you really a kid?
Amiee99:

I never asked you to quote me.
Re: Osun CAN Orders Christian Students To Attend Classes In Church Robe by quickly: 7:30pm On Jun 14, 2016
olaitanReal:
[b]OUR STAND IS CLEAR, WE UNDERSTAND YOU, WE SEEK YOUR UNDERSTANDING
Dear Bigotic Friends,
That murderer in Kaduna hiding under the cloak of Ramadan to perpetuate evil should be charged for murder,
The killers in Kano, hiding under the pretense of blasphemy, should be charged to court.
Yinusa; that young man from Kano that allowed a minor (Nigerian constitution) to elope with her for love should be made a scape goat.
We all agree on these, we spent our time to establish justice. Many people from different faith joined reasonable Muslims to ask for equality and justice when the culprit are Muslims but when justice favours Islam, we hibernate in our shell of bigotry.
When the missionary brought Christianised western education, they came with standards established on christianity. We accepted without queries because its not against our faith, there is no reason to object, hatred has no space in ISLAM. We see no reason to oppose for the sake of opposition and hatred.
The missionary came with a dressing that is in tandem with the teachings of the christian faith (use of beret and pinafore), we have no cause to complain because it has no bearing on our faith. We accepted everything as we were taught, you told us we have freedom to express our faith (Though our religion taught us that before western education came).
Now, we ask the constitution to grant us what is left to complete our faith in the dressing mode, we will put on the same uniform you gave us, BUT WE WANT TO ADD THE HIJAB TO COVER OUR HEAD BECAUSE IT IS A REQUIREMENT OF OUR RELIGION TO COVER OUR HEAD FROM A STRANGER EVERYTIME AND EVERYWHERE. How have we sinned for asking for our right? A right that has been granted by a competent court of jurisdiction.
The hijab is permitted in Federal Government schools already, the hijab is permitted in the university, why this hatred for my daughters?
The same right you preached for years, the same right we join you in upholding when we denounce our wayward brothers when they err, the same right that has been granted in the UK, Italy, US, Canada etc. I wonder how the Hijab affect your daughter's studies, how does it affect your faith, how does it affect your well-being.
If indeed you are truthful for what you preach, do we need to ask the court to grant us this right, is it not just a matter of understanding that you tell me to practice my faith with due happiness? Should you not even call me to order when I fail to uphold what my religion ask me to (Indeed, I have reasonable friends that call me to order on my faith and I appreciate that).
This and many more explains the bigotry in CAN and you that supports CAN. This explains why it is hard for me to easily support justice when the campaign for justice is from you. You hide under freedom to label ISLAM and MUSLIMS evil. That same freedom when skewed away from your end, your bigotry and hatred precipitates.
Justice will not be done to this issue if I ignore the hypocritic bigots masquerading as activists. Their silence speaks volume. The silence that was buried for the incidents in Kano and Kaduna. I understand your plight, your definition of activism and social justice is all about HATRED FOR MUSLIMS AND ISLAM.
I can imagine what would have happened if a school in the North says all students in government schools should put on the hijab. I can imagine if Ansarudeen Grammar School in IWO says all the student in the school should put on the hijab compulsorily. Surely, the inmate of Heaven would have been sent packing.
Perhaps I should bring to your consciousness, we will keep asking for equality as Muslims.
Christians conduct assemblies in secondary schools for 4 days, we keep shut, Thats how reasonable we are!
We have not asked for a work-free Friday, Thats how reasonable we are!
We have not asked for over flowing garment for our girls, Thats how reasonable we are!
We didnt ask for the hijab to be compulsory for you! We leave you to live your life how you want it, so why should we live our live not how we want it but how you want us to live it?
The next time your squall for justice and I decline not joining your skewed cause, remember your definition of justice is themed ANTI-ISLAM.
Oh Bigotic friends feigning activism, I need to tell you that the Hijab will not impact your life for a bit, your silence on the impunity of CAN speaks volume for your definition of justice, my definition of Justice has no religion dimension.
Thank You[/b]

[size=20pt]
islam is the bigoted religion and we don't want it in Nigeria or Africa any more-Back to sender in Saudi arabia[/size]
Re: Osun CAN Orders Christian Students To Attend Classes In Church Robe by OlaTaoheed(m): 11:22pm On Jun 14, 2016
CandyDiamond:

This is the problem that some Muslims have, that is why the Islamic religion will continue to be a breeding ground for terrorist because of this mentality. shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked
no vex if i talk Wetin no interest you.
Re: Osun CAN Orders Christian Students To Attend Classes In Church Robe by OlaTaoheed(m): 6:15am On Jun 15, 2016
CandyDiamond:

This is the problem that some Muslims have, that is why the Islamic religion will continue to be a breeding ground for terrorist because of this mentality. shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked
sorry for how i made you feel about Islam. #TopMorningToYou.
Re: Osun CAN Orders Christian Students To Attend Classes In Church Robe by Edifyer: 8:22am On Jun 15, 2016
sonOfLucifer:

Why? What's so special about the head?

Ask 1 Corinthians 11:6....or Paul........ Sorry let me help you..... Yes, if she refuses to wear a head covering, she should cut off all her hair! But since it is shameful for a woman to have her hair cut or her head shaved, she should wear a covering.
Re: Osun CAN Orders Christian Students To Attend Classes In Church Robe by smellingmenses: 2:54pm On Jun 15, 2016
Amiee99:

shetop

Re: Osun CAN Orders Christian Students To Attend Classes In Church Robe by favouritesahaba: 6:20am On Jun 16, 2016
They are not sincere. Is church robe daily things?

It is pure religious intolerance.

(1) (2) (3) ... (16) (17) (18) (19) (20) (Reply)

Apostle Suleman Demands N1bn From Keyamo For Damages / Zimbabwean Pastor Sells 'Anointed' Cucumbers To Members During Service. PICS / Pastor: "Women See The Manhood Size Of Your Man Before Marriage"

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 116
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.