Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,190,598 members, 7,941,281 topics. Date: Thursday, 05 September 2024 at 10:20 PM

Trying To Conceive A Child? TTC - Health (104) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Trying To Conceive A Child? TTC (5516265 Views)

Pregnant After Trying To Conceive (ttc)?pls Come In To Chat/share With Others!! / Weight Loss/gain For Ladies Trying To Conceive / How To Conceive A Baby Boy (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (101) (102) (103) (104) (105) (106) (107) ... (3056) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Trying To Conceive A Child? TTC by Nobody: 2:25pm On Jul 14, 2012
@Aladunni,its well o.have you explored all other options?God will definitely surprise u when you least expect,Amen.
A quick update-so we finally went 2 do anoda sperm test today and still no improvement.still 'no sperm count'.so will be tryin IUI in August using a sperm donor.we'll be doing double insemination just to be double sure.
Please has anyone done IUI esp with a donor sperm?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Trying To Conceive A Child? TTC by ebony13: 2:25pm On Jul 14, 2012
@ Udoka darlyn tanks....hws your LO doing? I'm supposed to be on either 11dpo or 13dpo so i highly doubt dt its implantation dip.although i am not having any AF signs yet though.Hmmmm God you can still do it o!

@ Ipio...tanks a lot

@ Champs my sister It is Well o.I have replied your mail.
Re: Trying To Conceive A Child? TTC by udoka2: 2:27pm On Jul 14, 2012
Champs am sending u lots of tongue tongue tongue. Whatever has a beginning equally has an ending. These emotional roller coaster must end one day! You are nearer to ur testimony! Cheers.
Re: Trying To Conceive A Child? TTC by mrskem09(f): 6:10pm On Jul 14, 2012
@ Aladuni & Ebony God is Always faithful to His word. He says no1 shall be barren, we are mothers of greater generations. So pls do not cry but hold on to the promises of God.

@Udoka longtime no chat, how is ur DH and LO doing? Missing u plenty.

@ Gen Buhari the Lord will upholD ur Home, and Bless U greatly,my Love to ur DW and may God Heal her and renew all that concern her health.

@ All no matter the storm of Today, TOmorrow is brigher . My hearth aches when I think of our struggle to concieve our bundle of Joy. Today I was heartbroken but refuse to cry. Noticed tTc is affecting our sexual life. Last month was great, this month its been nothing to write home about. Even if I did ovulate we did not bd at all. Was really angry with him And I accused Him of finding pleasure elsewhere even though I know it can't happen.I myself don't have d urge for it. I Pray May our Heart desire come to pass. I know my DH and MIL are hoping it happen soon. Awaiting A Miracle from GOd.
Re: Trying To Conceive A Child? TTC by ipio(f): 8:44pm On Jul 14, 2012
Dear mrs.kem09, pls be aware dat God is still God, He Has not forgotten u & he will answer u very soon, pls take it easy wit dh, put d devil 2 shame by showing him more love at dis time. @ all fruitful ladies in d house, be rest assured dat prettey soon our good lord will bless us wit our our own bundles of Joy. Its well wit us, u r all in my prayers, hugs hugs 2 u all.
Re: Trying To Conceive A Child? TTC by Alwaystrue(f): 11:25pm On Jul 14, 2012
Hello all,
The Lord will perform His word in our lives in which hH told us that we should be fruitful and multiply.
Do you know that God said this to man's spirit even before he formed the body of man?
This means God spoke to our spirits and as such no matter whatever negative things our bodies may be saying...God's word to our spirit superceeds it.

believer84:
A quick update-so we finally went 2 do anoda sperm test today and still no improvement.still 'no sperm count'.so will be tryin IUI in August using a sperm donor.we'll be doing double insemination just to be double sure.
Please has anyone done IUI esp with a donor sperm?

Please know that God will perform His word @Believer, I do not know how you see the use of donor egg or donor sperm but I see it more or less like a woman being fertilised by someone other than her husband or a man fertilising the egg of someone else for his wife.
I am sorry but do not take this wrong...it is technically adultery to me using the 'cloak of medical science'.

And to add, I have been waiting on God for years too so I understand how you feel to an extent.
God will surprise you for good...keep believing on Him.
Re: Trying To Conceive A Child? TTC by Hebrewwoman1: 5:21am On Jul 15, 2012
My dear sisters, lets not gve the devil d satisfaction by feeling God is not listening anymore. Every one's story or journey is not the same and i believe we are all better off, because it culd be worse. Once theres hope thrs life and i truly believe dat. Theres a reason this is our story, thrs a reason we are on dis road, thrs a reason we have to work harder to hve our desires, thrs also a reason we have to endure d scrutiny of other pple....the reason is dat wat does NOT break you, only makes you stronger. Like i've sed numerous times, dis is a battle the devil CANNOT win and trust me he knws dat.
Lets all take a moment and count our blessings amd it will greatly surprise us wat the Lord has done, for one ladies we are alive and not at d hospital clinging on to a life support machine. Trust me ladies, thngs culd be worse. We'll win dis race, jst trust and believe in God

@alwaystrue, am actually offended dat u call d use of a donor egg adultery. Please enlighten me, wat is adultery in it? Is adoption adultery? Is having a surrogate adultery? Is collecting kidney from another human being wen you have a kidney failure adultery too? We are in dis world to help each other in anyway we can...and you might want to read d bible's definition of adultery and tell me how it applies to dis situation cos mayb am missing smethng.
I respect evryone's opinion but not wen its offensive, wrong amd jst pure ignorance.
Re: Trying To Conceive A Child? TTC by ebony13: 5:42am On Jul 15, 2012
@ alwaystrue i am with hebrew woman on this too...pls expantiate what makes donor sperm adultery? in what way and where is it stated in the bible?
Re: Trying To Conceive A Child? TTC by kemidebbie(f): 5:51am On Jul 15, 2012
@always......... Pls this forum is for us to support each other and give supportive advice. Pls keep ur religious opion to urself . He that wear the shoes know where it pichs the most.
Re: Trying To Conceive A Child? TTC by kemidebbie(f): 6:00am On Jul 15, 2012
@ quick update my sister had twins few days back. I ve so busy during this O season that we did not BD, it is well oo!.
Re: Trying To Conceive A Child? TTC by kemidebbie(f): 6:27am On Jul 15, 2012
@ipio how did ur consult go with the gyne go?
Re: Trying To Conceive A Child? TTC by udoka2: 7:52am On Jul 15, 2012
Hmmmmm adultery ke adultery ni... @believer I salute ur DH for taking this step, knowing men for what they are, it must hv been a hard task convincing him to take this bold step. My prayer for you is that God will make it stick for you, we shall all rejoice with you this cycle.
@champs, toronto etc pls share ur IUI experience wt her.

Kemidebbie
Congrats to ur sister. Don't assume O is over, still do what u can, u neva can tell!
Re: Trying To Conceive A Child? TTC by kemidebbie(f): 9:16am On Jul 15, 2012
using opk for the frist time this cycle. The lines are not coming on, not a single line i don't know why .
Re: Trying To Conceive A Child? TTC by Nobody: 9:54am On Jul 15, 2012
@alwaystrue,glad u said its ur own opinion.cos if u were in ma shoes am sure u won't think twice.since 2010 when we got married we've had same fliud results.u dnt wana imagine hw traumatizin its been 4 us.our decision 2 get donor fliud doesn't make us less xtians in anyway.it was a tuf decision and we had 2 take it cos wat maTters most is our happiness/fulfilment.
@Udoka,my husband is def a rare breed 4 agreeing and I owe him all d love and support cos it aint easy 4 any man...
I'm looking 4ward 2 d iui nxt month prayin it works out fine cos it has been a very challenging period 4 bth of us.
God bless us all and grant us all our innermost desires on or b4 Decemeber 31,2012.Amen

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Trying To Conceive A Child? TTC by kemidebbie(f): 10:14am On Jul 15, 2012
@believer84, i believe in finding solution to any problem, so i feel u are taking the right step, my sister our prayers are with you. May GOD CROWNED ALL UR EFFORTS WITH BFP SOONER THAN U EXPECT. i want to thank God That bosom milk has finally dried up after one year of contious leak.
Re: Trying To Conceive A Child? TTC by ebony13: 10:35am On Jul 15, 2012
@ Kemidebbie....Congrats! Bfp on da way for you!

@ Believer....my dear its rily a step in the right direction! Bfp is waiting 4 u soonest! Ur hubby is indeed a rare gem!
Re: Trying To Conceive A Child? TTC by Nobody: 11:13am On Jul 15, 2012
@Ebony tanx dear wish u same and more.my sistas its tuff ttcing o cos its such a lonely place 2 be cos dere very fews friends if any dt u can confide in.hubby's bestman is dedicatn his baby 2day bt tankfully we wnt make it cos we're workers in church.dis morng my mind flashed bk 2 last year wen my mum/i went 2 c sme 'pastor'.afta much much he said my moda inlaw was a witch nd was behind dh's condition.anyway I didn't tell ma husband so convincd dh 2 allow him do deliverance in our home.we prepd up dat day gave him some money and d pastor said I'll be preg by sept wit twins.obviouslt was a fluke as I didn't get preg.then in march wen we went visitn ma granny she took me 2 c her revd.yet again he said ma husband's family was behind it den declared dt he's broken d chains and dat'll be preg by june.
I'm actually writing're nt decievd by phoney 'men of God'.I pray dt we dnt become so desperate so as nt 2 fall 4 'false prophesies'.We are our own prophets hence we shud prophesy/pray 4 ourselves.Sorry 4 d long thesis just had 2 share dis

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Trying To Conceive A Child? TTC by Nobody: 11:26am On Jul 15, 2012
I suppose donor fluid or donor egg is an ethical question. Same with all forms of assisted conceptio and adoption.
Some people have an issue with donating their own organs,or baby cord blood even their own blood sef.

@believer84
What about family donors (or would that be pushing it). So as to keep it in the same gene pool.
But don't give up on miracles, God may just decide to surprise you both, just be sensitive. There are some trials you can avoid whilst there are others God will walk you through to the other side.

If I had a relative in need of donor eggs, I wouldn't think twice but then that's me.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Trying To Conceive A Child? TTC by Nobody: 12:05pm On Jul 15, 2012
@Salsera,I wud rada an anonymous donor than a family member coS I trust no one.moreso dis decision is strictly between ma husband and I.I wudnt be sharing it here either if nt 4 d anonymity dis forum provides.Just like u said its a sensitive/personal decision.like I said earlier,dis decision doesn't make us any less christians neida does it mean we're faithless.And moreso,We believe that God will turn tings around in due time bt 4 nw our fullfillment and happiness at all times is wat mattas.
And if God 4bid all assisted methods dnt work.dh and I wnt hesistate 2 adopt.sometimes dere's no need waitin 4 2 long wen there are available 'doable' options.
Its no news dt as ladies,d clock ticks faster and gen fertility rates are dropping rily fast.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Trying To Conceive A Child? TTC by Nobody: 12:36pm On Jul 15, 2012
I understand
All the best and baby dust to all

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Trying To Conceive A Child? TTC by Alwaystrue(f): 1:08pm On Jul 15, 2012
@All,
I have been on this forum for a while as a silent reader and I chip in from time ti time.
I do not intend to derail the forum in anyway and just gave my 2 cents to believer as I assume she is a believer in the efficacy of God's power.
I really do not expect everyone to understand where I am coming from but my wait on the Lord for his gifts has made me question a lot of routes we take to achieve our dream of beig parents basically through God's word.

@Believer, I told you I understand to an extent what you are going through but I also believer in speaking the truthe and challenging this so called faith we all claim to have in God and Jesus.
I have been on this wait for way before you so if we all claim to see this forum as one to help each other, there will be varying ideas and all. If we cannot accept an opinion that tries to challenge our faith then are we being true to each other?
Doctors gave me the option of the donor too so really its not just you.

@Believer our happiness matters but it goes beyond all that, our children are also to fulfil God's calling and purpose for their lives.

A simple read of the story of Abraham and Sarah show that if it was in current days, Hagar provided donor egg to Abraham and Sarah to have a child. But while theirs involved physical intimacy to bring forth Ishmael, Medical science removes that and instead does it for you....by injecting you with either another man's sperm or woman's egg but in all who is left out?
The man or woman who cannot seem to be fertile at that point.
God Himself only acknowledges Isaac as the only son of Abraham when he told him to sacrifice him on the altar...He said sacrifice your only son Isaac because that was the child acknowledged by God.

Blood donations, receiving kidneys, blood and adoptions are all done or not according to your faith and can be used to 'save' or 'maintain' a life. Only conception creates a new life, a life designed by God and only He has the right and as such if we indeed beleieve Him, he will do it.

My opinion will not be popular and I battled within myself whether or not to respond to you and I must say I actually expected this reactions but the truth is that children are the rewards of God and He is faithful who has promised.
Re: Trying To Conceive A Child? TTC by Beetle: 1:47pm On Jul 15, 2012
@ Believer, is your husband azoospermic? Have you tried TESE? There have been success stories with TESE or MESE! I wish you well with your cycle and please don't let us crucify always true. I feel so strongly about donor sperm but if push comes to shove people will do anything to have their bundle in their hands.

Happy Sunday peeps!
Re: Trying To Conceive A Child? TTC by Alwaystrue(f): 2:20pm On Jul 15, 2012
Hello Beetle,
I understand as much as everyone here how much you just want to hold your own baby, how you see those that married years after you having their 3rd children and even having to go for their naming ceremonies. To feel uncomfortable when a program cosmes up on radio or TV regarding those who are believeing God for children and you seem to be the only one in the room in those shoes and you feel everyone knows the program is for you, to be pressured on everyside, to be told by friends may be you are not doing something right (even not making love right) as the reason for the delay.

But in all these we are more than conquerors and we need to rise above this and stop feeling sorry for ourselves because we are fruitful women.

I have had cause to encourage friends who wanted to die because of the delay and later they had their babies and I am so happy for them because it shows my turn comes soon. I have not been strong always, I have cried to God and been depressed but it just shows I was seeing whatever problem instead of looking at Jesus.
I have had to encourage myself in the Lord lots of times and I know all things work together for my good.

My being crucified is not new really, as I have noticed on this forum that many times in our bid to be understanding we do not tell ouselves the truth.
If I am ostracised for giving my opinion, so be it...I will still advise we should be more open with each other and be strong for each other.
My deepest desire is that God takes the glory in all this and not man and we will be able to testify without keeping anything back that it was all God and not us.

1 Like

Re: Trying To Conceive A Child? TTC by udoka2: 2:24pm On Jul 15, 2012
@all
A friend who was for ttc for 2years just became a mother shared what worked for her.
According to her from CD1 till end of period, she drank pepper soup (the kind they cook for women that just gv birth) from end of period to O, she drank Ewedu soup. According to her Ewedu leaf boosts Ovulation.
Has anybody heard this before?
Re: Trying To Conceive A Child? TTC by mrskem09(f): 2:45pm On Jul 15, 2012
@ All, Believer did not asK for any1 opinon and if she had the courage to confind in us as friends. My heart was broken to read about spiritual sentiment that we apply in her words. Its between her and God, who are we to get involve.
@ belIever I applode ur courage and the understanding ur DH has.All be well.

Please no matter how hard it feels let's be supportive and be eachother shoulder to lean on.May ur Prayers Be Answered.
Re: Trying To Conceive A Child? TTC by Aladunni(f): 4:46pm On Jul 15, 2012
I can see this place is bubbling with life.

Just one question @AlwaysTrue, What is your take on IVF?

@all, Hope all is well?

I am doing good, treating 'jock itch' right now. It has afflicted me for some months now and I have also associated it with the office toilet but I had not taken care of it so much DH is constantly embarrassed when I scratch every night. I went to see a phamarcist friend who gave me drugs (antibiotics) to treat and just the first night, I stopped scratching.
Lesson learnt, maybe I am not just doing enough with this fertility issue, I have been praying infact since May last year till now I had not gone any hospital just praying. I will not stop praying but I know now is the time to take action.

Thanks so much for the encouragement and I promise to use my God-given legs to go out and search for a solution. I have a lot on my schedule right, so August is Action Month, (AA) lol and I must get A in this matter soon.

Wishing you well and showering baby dust on all.
Re: Trying To Conceive A Child? TTC by zenoj: 4:51pm On Jul 15, 2012
Hello everyone,
My SIL has been blessed with d fruit of d womb at almost 3yrs into d marriage.She was sharing what they had gone thru all these while(they got married after us),all the tests her dh did were always without a single sperm n there were some tests they ran that made medicine conclude that they were not just going to have any child.Until they went to d last O n G outside lagos,showed him all d results but he shoved them aside cos he believed they were going to get pregnant.N now she is pregnant with their child.
This is just to encourage us all that there is nothing absolutely impossible with God n unto them that believe.God that has answered those in d past will definitely do d impossible in our lives.It's when d journey is almost over that we tend to think we have reached our breaking points.Just as my pastor would say that when the doctors say they're sorry,it means their ability to help u is finished,that's where God steps in.
In my dh's family,we were d first to get married but every other ones are carrying their chikldren while we're waiting but I believe my waiting time is over,am just thanking God for perfecting His work in us.It's settled.I can never for the film called facing the giants,it paints a picture of extremes we might b faced with.
I luv u all,u're in my prayers that God will continually make us strong in Him n teach us d way to go.To turbulent waters,I say,peace be still.
@pg sisters,how are u n LOs doing?Udoka,God bless u n pls,make sure u take enof rest when necessary,n same goes to d other pg sistas o.It is well!!!
Re: Trying To Conceive A Child? TTC by Nobody: 5:16pm On Jul 15, 2012
@Alwaystrue, and ur point is? Cos i dont quite understand ur line of argument.
Wat are ur views on IVF, ICSI, TESA etc
please ladies, i need info on IUI and has anyone undergone it recently?
God bless y'all

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Trying To Conceive A Child? TTC by Alwaystrue(f): 5:18pm On Jul 15, 2012
Aladunni: I can see this place is bubbling with life.

Just one question @AlwaysTrue, What is your take on IVF?

Is that a trick question?

I will answer this as best as I can. I believe every child has the right to be conceived in the sanctity and darkness of his/her mother's womb.
I also have enough scriptures to back that up for those interested in knowing.
Hope that suffices.
Re: Trying To Conceive A Child? TTC by Alwaystrue(f): 5:24pm On Jul 15, 2012
believer84: @Alwaystrue, and ur point is? Cos i dont quite understand ur line of argument.
Wat are ur views on IVF, ICSI, TESA etc
please ladies, i need info on IUI and has anyone undergone it recently?
God bless y'all

I made my opinion not argument known earlier, dear Believer.
I do not know anything about TESA so I can't respond but I have pretty much said my take on IVF in response to Aladunni.
As I said earlier, the only reason why I even offered a response was because of your username and my belief you believe in God's efficacy.

I must however say I am mildly shocked the responses I have received as I am being treated like some religious bigot even from a lot of us whose posts are always punctuated with words from the bible.

1 Like

Re: Trying To Conceive A Child? TTC by Aladunni(f): 5:57pm On Jul 15, 2012
Alwaystrue:

Is that a trick question?

I will answer this as best as I can. I believe every child has the right to be conceived in the sanctity and darkness of his/her mother's womb.
I also have enough scriptures to back that up for those interested in knowing.
Hope that suffices.

Wow!!! I need this kind of faith Jehovah Lord.

Alwaystrue, I really understand your stand o and thank God right from time, you said it was your parochial view. Please Believer, I think she is trying to advice but calling it 'adultery' is where the problem lies. The fact that you wont do it does not make it a sin before God, try check Romans 14:1-4, it is saying something that is useful to our faith. What I only advice anyone is not be too deperate to do anything devilish like witchcraftcy or herbalist.
Rejecting even to follow folks to prayer mountains and meetings had turned me into an 'ogbanje' so I know whats on. DH will not even hear any suggestion. Its the major cause of strive between me and MIL right now. What is my point? Someone take vegggies, the other one doesnt, no fight. Respect the other person's opinion and go on. May our faith give us all our heart desire.
I used to have an Apostolic Faith friend whose fore finger chopped off (witlow)because of faith, is that really the will of God? It was actually stupidity reloaded in my opinion.
Re: Trying To Conceive A Child? TTC by Aladunni(f): 6:04pm On Jul 15, 2012
On the IVF stuff, you did not even give me the answers I wanted to hear.

(1) (2) (3) ... (101) (102) (103) (104) (105) (106) (107) ... (3056) (Reply)

Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 77
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.