Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,186,883 members, 7,931,082 topics. Date: Sunday, 25 August 2024 at 03:52 PM

Trying To Conceive A Child? TTC - Health (17) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Trying To Conceive A Child? TTC (5508638 Views)

Pregnant After Trying To Conceive (ttc)?pls Come In To Chat/share With Others!! / Weight Loss/gain For Ladies Trying To Conceive / How To Conceive A Baby Boy (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (14) (15) (16) (17) (18) (19) (20) ... (3056) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Trying To Conceive A Child? TTC by Nobody: 5:26pm On Jul 21, 2010
@Seun,
Please please unblock Arlington.

@ttcman,  Welcome brother.
How old are you?

One of the causes of weak erections, could sometimes be low testosterone, which may also cause low spermatozoa count.
If you are overweight losing weight and starting physical excercise programme could do a great deal to raising your testosterone levels.

As Arlington says Zinc is a good vitamin for testosterone and spermatozoa production.

Also making sure your testicles are kept as cool as possible at all times would also assist with testosterone and spermatozoa production.
Re: Trying To Conceive A Child? TTC by Arlington(f): 7:41pm On Jul 21, 2010
Thank you powers that be ohhhhhhhhhhh for unblocking me.
Thanks Genbuhari smiley
Re: Trying To Conceive A Child? TTC by Aladunni(f): 8:33pm On Jul 21, 2010
@ Genbuhari, how does this zinc come, in multivitamins or food supplements or how?

1 Like

Re: Trying To Conceive A Child? TTC by Nobody: 11:19pm On Jul 21, 2010
@Aladunni
Zinc are part of must multivitamins but is usually available as a vitamin on it its own. The recomended daily allowance for men is usually 15mg and most mtivitamins contain this amount of zinc per tablet.

However for a man who is looking to boost testosterone and sperm production, it would be safe to take up to 45mg of zinc, for a few weeks.
Vitamin C and copper also helps absorption of zinc by body, so if you are taking multivitamins, it would be best get some with copper or buy zinc /copper combination.

There are also natural sources of zinc (see link below):

http://www.nutritional-supplements-health-guide.com/zinc-food-sources.html[i]

Foods Containing Zinc
Zinc is very much associated with protein foods. Thus, you may assume that most foods high in zinc are protein-rich as well. The best sources of zinc include beef, lamb, pork, crabmeat, turkey, chicken, lobster, clams and salmon.

If you are a vegetarian, you will most probably intake less zinc that those who have meat-based diets. Good zinc food sources aside from meats are dairy products such as milk and cheese, yeast, peanuts, beans, and wholegrain cereals, brown rice, whole wheat bread, potato and yogurt. Of all these vegetarian zinc foods, pumpkin seeds offer one of the most concentrated non-meat food sources of zinc.

It has been found that increasing intake of vitamins such as Vitamin C, E and B6 and minerals such as magnesium can increase zinc absorption in the body. So, it will be a good idea to add these to your daily vitamin and mineral intake[/i]

Aladunni:

@ Genbuhari, how does this zinc come, in multivitamins or food supplements or how?
Re: Trying To Conceive A Child? TTC by MyPeace(f): 8:08am On Jul 22, 2010
Arlington.
   grin drastic situation needs drastic action.  Used the preseed for the first time yesterday, it was great with it!!  grin

@Aladunni

if you are buying only Zinc, buy chelated zinc, read that the body absorbs it better than ordinary zinc.

However, l prefer it in a mutivitamins because l read that excess of one vitamin can cause a deficiency in another (excess zinc causes copper deficiency)

l buy WELL MAN for my hubby from MEDPLU it costs N1500, a tablet a day (a pack contains 30 tablets)
Re: Trying To Conceive A Child? TTC by Aladunni(f): 9:47am On Jul 22, 2010
@mypeace, its nice to hear o, i was actually buying WELLMAN then stopped for reasons i cant even explain. I will definitely resume that for him, its the only medication he takes without reservation. Thanks mypeace.
Re: Trying To Conceive A Child? TTC by Nobody: 11:45am On Jul 22, 2010
My last post does not show. Hope the spam bots have not blocked me
I have copied and pasted it below:

@Aladunni
Zinc are part of must multivitamins but is usually available as a vitamin on it its own. The recomended daily allowance for men is usually 15mg and most mtivitamins contain this amount of zinc per tablet.

However for a man who is looking to boost testosterone and spermatozoa production, it would be safe to take up to 45mg of zinc, for a few weeks.
Vitamin C and copper also helps absorption of zinc by body, so if you are taking multivitamins, it would be best get some with copper or buy zinc /copper combination.

There are also natural sources of zinc (see link below):

http://www.nutritional-supplements-health-guide.com/zinc-food-sources.html

As mypeace has recommended, if affordable Wellman multivitamins would be the best to get and I think if a man is trying to increase testosterone and spermatozoa production, it would be ok to take additional zinc upto 30mg additional for limited period of upto 2 months before cutting back down to the lower levels as found in the multivitamins.

here is some discussion of vitamin "spermatozoa cocktail"

http://community.babycenter.com/post/a13754845/vitamin_cocktails_for_sperm

http://www.fertilethoughts.com/forums/male-factor/306700-vitamins-male-factor-infertility.html

Regarding taking vitamins, I once read some where it is good to take them in cycle e.g 21days taking vitamins and then 7days no vitamins and then repeat, this is supposed give your body chance to detox and also means it does not get so used to the vitamins that they become less effective. But best to follow guidance of your Doctor if he or she had prescribed the vitamins.
Re: Trying To Conceive A Child? TTC by Aladunni(f): 7:51pm On Jul 22, 2010
Thanks Genbuhari, ave seen all ur posts. I ll definitely follow suit. I read all posts on my mobile whether spammed or not.
Re: Trying To Conceive A Child? TTC by Nobody: 9:15pm On Jul 22, 2010
Arlington and Aladunni
You are very welcome smiley
Re: Trying To Conceive A Child? TTC by WAVixen: 4:44pm On Jul 23, 2010
Re: Trying To Conceive A Child? TTC by Arlington(f): 4:54pm On Jul 23, 2010
HOHOHO christmas came early for me i just found out the sex of my baby. so let us have a poll,
if you think the baby is a girl riase your mouse if you think the baby is a boy raise oh. results will be announced on monday's update. grin grin grin grin grin

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JqfGqOx2iDQ

1 Like

Re: Trying To Conceive A Child? TTC by Arlington(f): 4:56pm On Jul 23, 2010
^^^^^^^ this is how i feel i always cry when i listen to this song. sad
Re: Trying To Conceive A Child? TTC by lovelynk(f): 6:45pm On Jul 23, 2010
Congrats once again arlington.
I cried listening to the song too even though i never experienced TTC

As for the pool,well,i am not raising for either sex,will wait till Monday to hear it.But right now i can only raise my mouse in celebration of Gods wonderful and precious gift to you.
Congrats and God's grace.
Re: Trying To Conceive A Child? TTC by abiop: 7:08pm On Jul 23, 2010
As for the pool,well,i am not raising for either sex,will wait till Monday to hear it.But right now i can onlly raise my mouse ine celebration pf Gods wonderful and precious gift to you.

Yes o lovelyk, me sef no dey do poll, na for that reason i dey raise my mouse, glass and everything "raisable", cheesy cheesy wink winklol

but if you still insist i choose, being somebody that prays for a female as 1st born, i want a female for u, hope ur husby no go chase me with stick grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin.lol
Re: Trying To Conceive A Child? TTC by lovelynk(f): 7:25pm On Jul 23, 2010
Abiop,
thats good to hear.Most
nigerian men will want a son that wil bear their name and bla bla bla.Even my hubby said so.
But the moment he saw our daughter he fell in love with her and till today monoplises the girl.Me sef i dey jealous her.lol
Re: Trying To Conceive A Child? TTC by Arlington(f): 11:32pm On Jul 23, 2010
Ok make una wait till Monday night then grin Abiop funny enough my husband wants a Girl as his first if you ask him why he will say he will have someone to scratch is head (sometimes i think he has some things running on his head not found anything he scratches it 10 times a day lipsrsealed)and cook food for him if i do shakara. grin
so Monday it is then,
@ Lovelynk thank you for the prayers ohhhhhhhhh.
Re: Trying To Conceive A Child? TTC by delphilia: 11:49pm On Jul 23, 2010
hello everybody,

i had to get on the internet to cool o. my heart is so broken , u cant even begin to imagine. im so hurt, my eyes are puffed and swollen. i feel numb inside. i feel like im not alive. the only hope and faith i have is as tiny as the mustard seed christ asked us for. may be thats why im still typing this.

ive never been pregnant all my life, not even a miscarriage. i and my husband dated 5 yrs b4 our wedding little under a year old. and all those yrs we werent even using any contraceptives. at a point we even tried the pregnancy card to gain approvalf his family but it just never came.

the doctors claimed that my two tubes are blocked and the only way out is IVF {i belive Gods report that there shall be no barren in the land, oh lord.!!! i cry with a broken heart, hear my cry, have mercy on ur daughter}. the saddest part is that i didnt even live a rough life, so where did i go wrong, why me, why this burden, all my mates and friends all have their babies or are heavily pregnant, but mine,

ive gone through painful and humiliating proceedures, tried from HSG to hydrotubation, homonal profiling, to chlomid to even fellipo, i even went trado herbal but my period just came again and i feel like dying.

even today, the doctor suggeted that i get my husband to do a sperm analysis, he bluntly refused and reminded me that the problem was with me and that he is fine, whats the big dealn having a test, afterall, low sperm count is well treatable and can be easily rulled out, he got so upset, called me all kind of names except a "barren woman" black and white.

the saddest part is that his family are so hostile towards me, ive even recieved slaps and physical and verbal abuse from his siblings. so i wonder what happens a year from now, two yrs, and no child.

my husband is so upset now, because of a simple sperm analysis, he drove out this night.  think he is back but he didnt come to our room. i feel really bad. what about me, HSG, hydrotubation, \

so Dear God. im looking at you once more, with tears in my heart and a broken spirt and multilated heart, pls grnt me a miracle, pls touch my life a little. pls lift my burdens, have mercy on me, wipe my tears, save me from the wallowing darkness of this days of depression,

i hope i see the sunshine and i become a testimony like other blessed sisters arlington, lovely, e.t.c,

Dear lord, im waiting on you, you and you alone because on my own, im empty, hurt and in pains

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Trying To Conceive A Child? TTC by maedan(f): 11:59pm On Jul 23, 2010
delphilia:

hello everybody,

i had to get on the internet to cool o. my heart is so broken , u cant even begin to imagine. im so hurt, my eyes are puffed and swollen. i feel numb inside. i feel like im not alive. the only hope and faith i have is as tiny as the mustard seed christ asked us for. may be thats why im still typing this.

ive never been pregnant all my life, not even a miscarriage. i and my husband dated 5 yrs b4 our wedding little under a year old. and all those yrs we werent even using any contraceptives. at a point we even tried the pregnancy card to gain approvalf his family but it just never came.

the doctors claimed that my two tubes are blocked and the only way out is IVF {i belive Gods report that there shall be no barren in the land, oh lord.!!! i cry with a broken heart, hear my cry, have mercy on your daughter}. the saddest part is that i didnt even live a rough life, so where did i go wrong, why me, why this burden, all my mates and friends all have their babies or are heavily pregnant, but mine,

ive gone through painful and humiliating proceedures, tried from HSG to hydrotubation, homonal profiling, to chlomid to even fellipo, i even went trado herbal but my period just came again and i feel like dying.

even today, the doctor suggeted that i get my husband to do a spermatozoa analysis, he bluntly refused and reminded me that the problem was with me and that he is fine, whats the big dealn having a test, afterall, low spermatozoa count is well treatable and can be easily rulled out, he got so upset, called me all kind of names except a "barren woman" black and white.

the saddest part is that his family are so hostile towards me, ive even recieved slaps and physical and verbal abuse from his siblings. so i wonder what happens a year from now, two yrs, and no child.

my husband is so upset now, because of a simple spermatozoa analysis, he drove out this night.  think he is back but he didnt come to our room. i feel really bad. what about me, HSG, hydrotubation, \

so Dear God. im looking at you once more, with tears in my heart and a broken spirt and multilated heart, pls grnt me a miracle, pls touch my life a little. pls lift my burdens, have mercy on me, wipe my tears, save me from the wallowing darkness of this days of depression,

i hope i see the sunshine and i become a testimony like other blessed sisters arlington, lovely, e.t.c,

Dear lord, im waiting on you, you and you alone because on my own, im empty, hurt and in pains

You are blessed, sweetheart. I hope everyone who reads this will join you in saying a prayer. I will do the same. Just wake up every day and thank God for your babies, they will come in Jesus' Name. Stay in a positive mood always.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Trying To Conceive A Child? TTC by cold(m): 12:06am On Jul 24, 2010
@ Op my dear i feel your pain but i must add here that your hubby isn't helping your situation at all,why is he so insensitive. (even me with all my chauvinism can't be this bad).My aunt i.e my mom's immediate younger sister was married for 14 years (yes 14 years!!!)without the fruit of the womb,yet they remained steadfast and were eventually blessed with a beautiful son.They've adopted a baby girl to compliment.

My dear you have to be patient,i'm not deeply religous but verily i say unto you,you will hear the cry of a baby very soon (i mean very,very soon) now dry your tears,say a short prayer & go to bed.It shall be well.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Trying To Conceive A Child? TTC by Arlington(f): 5:08am On Jul 24, 2010
My dear Delphilia,
How do i tell you not to cry again? How do i say don't worry about it. I feel your pain even if i don't know you. I know how many nights i cried on my bathroom floor when ever my period came .
I don't know your husband but what he has done and said is not helping issues and i will try not to judge him but it is hard and painful for me not too.
If he loves you and wants a family with you, why is he worried ?why do African men always think testing for such things make them less of a man.I have seen a man without one single living sperm when he did an analysis . how is he so sure he is not shooting blanks?
If he agrees to having the IVF he has to get his sperm tested and Analyzed wither he likes it or not. I will not dwell on what he has said because i might just say something i am not meant to say.

Dry your tears you will laugh. in Genesis 21.6 Sarah said God hath made me to laugh so that all that hear will laugh with me. You will laugh with me hold on to God.
Just take it easy let today pass say nothing to him if your husband is someone who you can really talk to give him some days and call him and pour out your heart to him and see what he says. You will be in my prayers and God will answer you .when you are more relaxed you can come back here and we can talk some more we are always here for each other.
Take care sweetheart and good night.
Re: Trying To Conceive A Child? TTC by delphilia: 1:32pm On Jul 24, 2010
@ Arlinghton, Maedan, Cold, thank u for your kind words, they are really up lifting. my husband is still not talking to me. yesterday i discovered he slept in the guest room. thank God atleast he agreed to eat breakfast.im putting my trust in God. Ive been using the felpio stuff, so im sheduled for another ? HSG {its so painful and annoying} around 10th august, although my doctor does not belive it can work. im really beliving God for a miracle. even if it is one open tube, im ready to stand with my head on the floor,

i just hope to testify someday, like some one earlier said, with Arlington starting this thread, and is now pregnant and other testifyers, thats a lot of encouragement for us stilll waiting on God,

Bless u all, and for all the expecting sisters, may you all carry to full term as an evidence of Gods faithfulness
Re: Trying To Conceive A Child? TTC by AratOluda: 3:13pm On Jul 24, 2010
@delphilia

I just have to say something to you after reading your post. It is well with you in Jesus name.

There is nothing impossible for God to do. Remeber Hannah, Sarah, Elizabeth. We dont even know the medical conditions these women of faith had but God came thru for them. Weeping may endure for a night but joy comes in the morning. No matter how long the night the sun will rise again.

Aleast the doctors have said you can get pregnant though they mention IVF so even if it is 1% chance leave it to GOD. I wil be praying for you. God is not a man that He should lie. The God of Sarah, Hannah , Rachel in the bible , the God of Arlington , Luvly, Masido, Stages of this thread will come thru for us all who are still waiting. God wil touch ur husbands heart. Just have faith.

God bless you.
Re: Trying To Conceive A Child? TTC by Aladunni(f): 4:58pm On Jul 24, 2010
@delphilia, its ok just wipe your tears so dat you ll focus more clearly. I know what you are going through but my earnest prayer is that God ll pull you through. Men can be overprotective of their ego, so you need to be really really gentle with them. Dont make it look as if its any big deal then, he wont make it a big deal. I dont know why am really having a hunch that he has a low count. Just be as gentle as God ll grant you grace and strength. I used to ave a friend some years back, who had an ego-stricken hubby too. After almost 2 years of waiting and so much abuse both physical and emotional from her mother-in-law, the guy agreed to visit d doctor and realized he had a ridiculously low count, after 3 months of tests and treatments, she was pregnant of her very first son. So take heart and take care of yourself wella.

1 Like

Re: Trying To Conceive A Child? TTC by AratOluda: 5:43pm On Jul 24, 2010
@MyPeace, Arlington, Did u just wait for your period to come after miscarriage or you use drug to induce it. I read thru the whole thread again and realise it took as long as 3 to 4 months for the period to come. I cant wait to start TTC again.
Re: Trying To Conceive A Child? TTC by Arlington(f): 6:12pm On Jul 24, 2010
@Arat yes it takes as long as 3 to 4 months. just try and relax take your prenatals to get your body back in order again before then.No drugs just wait for your body to do it's thing. It will pass very soon smiley
Re: Trying To Conceive A Child? TTC by Nobody: 4:51am On Jul 26, 2010
@AratOluda
I would advise you wait for it to return.
If you use drugs to induce, ensure you take a pregnancy test just before taking the drugs.

My wife was about to ignore our doctor's recommendation to take a pregnancy test before taking such a drug as she was convinced she clouldn't be pregnant if she had not seen a proper period in months after a miscarriage. She finally decided to take a pregnancy test and she was pregnant!.

The drug would have aborted the baby.

AratOluda:

@MyPeace, Arlington, Did u just wait for your period to come after miscarriage or you use drug to induce it. I read thru the whole thread again and realise it took as long as 3 to 4 months for the period to come. I cant wait to start TTC again.
Re: Trying To Conceive A Child? TTC by Aladunni(f): 9:11am On Jul 26, 2010
Updates. CD - 10; arlington, whats the special update you promised.
Re: Trying To Conceive A Child? TTC by chukz4real(m): 10:35am On Jul 26, 2010
@Delphilia

It is well with u. You'll soon smile over your situation.

I know of a man in my church that had married for years but no child. He has gone to several places, spent much but his case remained the same. Mid last year, he joined a new ministry in Port Harcourt (De Name of Above Ministries, Inc.) and received a prophesy from the pastor (Pastor Gift Akio) that his problem is from a woman whom his wife once stayed with as a maid. The woman vowed to make life miserable for the wife for ever leaving her to go into marriage. Life was so difficult that the man lost his job as well. The pastor gave them an apartment in her place of residence, brought the man up spiritually as well as getting him ordained two months ago. Behold, yesterday service was supercharged as the man's wife is presently pregnant.

Your situation is not the worst my dear. How I wish you can find your way to Port Harcourt and attend a counseling section (Friday service) with the Pastor.

God is really doing wonders in Port Harcourt city through this ex - police officer, a former OPM and Logos ministries worker.

Do come over and be blessed.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Trying To Conceive A Child? TTC by Aladunni(f): 1:15pm On Jul 26, 2010
^^^ na real wa. I tire for you o
Re: Trying To Conceive A Child? TTC by Ejadamen(f): 4:35pm On Jul 26, 2010
@ Delphia,I cannot presume to know how you feel but all you can do now is take heart and be positive. Anybody can abuse you,belittle you or try to bring you down but the one thing they can never take from you is your attitude. Strive to be positive. Draw nearer to God. pray for yourself and your husband for an attitude change. If your words are not reaching him,the God who made him will make him hear. God is all you need to get through his phase of your life with calm,peace and dignity. i pray that you find all you are looking for in God. take care and god bless.

Update
CD - 35
DPO -
Waiting and waiting.
Re: Trying To Conceive A Child? TTC by Beetle: 6:51pm On Jul 26, 2010
Hi Ladies and Gent,

Arlington: I'm rooting for a girl for you. Not that my predictions always come true tho.

I'm keeping everything hush hush for now anyways. I had hysteroscopy and my womb is all clear although my endometrium was thick and the Dr had to scrape some parts from it to make it thin and baby friendly. I haven't been doing anything, just been taking my vitamins religiously and DH has point blanked refused to take any. Anyways no update from me apart from my little op.

Beetle

(1) (2) (3) ... (14) (15) (16) (17) (18) (19) (20) ... (3056) (Reply)

Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 87
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.