Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,200,419 members, 7,974,708 topics. Date: Monday, 14 October 2024 at 10:04 AM

Trying To Conceive A Child? TTC - Health (1661) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Trying To Conceive A Child? TTC (5542919 Views)

Pregnant After Trying To Conceive (ttc)?pls Come In To Chat/share With Others!! / Weight Loss/gain For Ladies Trying To Conceive / How To Conceive A Baby Boy (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (1658) (1659) (1660) (1661) (1662) (1663) (1664) ... (3057) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Trying To Conceive A Child? TTC by orney(f): 4:05pm On Nov 21, 2016
I no c vitb6 buy ooo
Re: Trying To Conceive A Child? TTC by Redeemedsoul: 4:21pm On Nov 21, 2016
do anyone knows any acupuncturist in Lagos , I will like to know , and also the price for it
Re: Trying To Conceive A Child? TTC by spiceeamiee(f): 5:07pm On Nov 21, 2016
Good afternoon mamas. I have been following this thread since January when I was not even engaged talk less of married. I have never commented but I salute the great courage of everyone here and I want you people to know you are in my prayers. I got married three weeks ago and on Saturday, I found out I was pregnant. I could not believe my eyes. Let me share my testimony. In February this year, I started having painful cramps in my pelvic region. I thought they were period pains but since it was too early in the cycle, i then decided they were ovulation pains. However, this pains kept on coming anytime within my cycle. The pains were so strong that sometimes I would lay down and cry. In April it stopped so I did not bother going to the hospital. I got engaged in May and started preparing for my wedding in October. In June, the pains came back with great intensity. One day in July, the pain was so great I went to a hospital opposite my office. The doctor did pelvic scan and said I had excess fluid in my pouch of Douglas and said I should go for HVS. HVS result came back and the report was PID. HA! Mogbe!! I started reading up on PID and all the things I read scared me. I don't know where the PID came from as I and my fiancee were abstaining till wedding night. I started treatment. Did the first cycle for 3weeks then I was asked to do a repeat scan. Did the scan and the fluid was still in my pouch, in fact it had increased. I read so many articles online that said fluid in POD was a very bad thing. My sisters, between July and September, I spent a lot of money doing tests and buying drugs. I was devastated. How could I have an infection that could affect my fertility when I was getting married in two months time? I tried to pray but sometimes, I would just break down and cry. On 1st of October, I went to the hospital again and the doctor asked me to do hormonal profile and HSG to see if the PID had affected my tubes so I could know my options. I calculated the cost for both tests and it was almost 30k. I decided to use the money to sow seed in church cos I was tired of everything. I sowed the seed and just removed my mind and went on with my wedding preparations. Got married on the 29th of October and BDing started. Last week, DH touched my boobs and I shouted and jumped. My nipples were so painful. I was also having back pains and I even took Diclofenac for it. I also had bad cramps and I thought it was my period coming. Saturday morning I just play play say make I use one pt strip wey I buy. I had even forgotten I was doing a pt test cos I took my bath and washed some clothes. About two hours later, I saw the strip and it had two bold lines. I screamed. I quickly rushed to a nearby lab and did blood test and behold my sisters, It was positive. The Lord heard my cry and shut the mouth of the evils ones. He turned the report of the doctors around. He turned my mourning into dancing. The doctor said that the kind of fluid I had in my Pouch of Douglas can only indicate how far gone the PID damage to my uterus and fallopian tubes were but just three weeks after my wedding, here I am with the report of the Lord which says PREGNANT!! I pray for everyone here believing, the Lord who did it for me will do it for you. Thank you Onise Iyanu

42 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Trying To Conceive A Child? TTC by 4realwoman: 5:15pm On Nov 21, 2016
@Perculiar and mamaTB, thank you very much for your response as i b jjc for all dis hormonal stuff. will be seeing my gynea soon.

@spiceeamiee, Congrats, wish you stress free nine months in Jesus name, Amen.
Re: Trying To Conceive A Child? TTC by pweetymii: 5:50pm On Nov 21, 2016
congratulations @jayne8585yahoo and spiceeamiee wishing you both a stressfree 9 months.
@4realwoman hope you are ok with the explanation given?its just for you to make up your mind about the next line of action..
@redeemedsoul go to the ivf thread someone once posted about acupuncturist there..
@orney you will not see vitB6 in small chemist,check pharmacies.
@frankdoho and curvilicious how una dey?

2 Likes

Re: Trying To Conceive A Child? TTC by Redeemedsoul: 5:59pm On Nov 21, 2016
pweetymii:
congratulations @jayne8585yahoo and spiceeamiee wishing you both a stressfree 9 months.
@4realwoman hope you are ok with the explanation given?its just for you to make up your mind about the next line of action..
@redeemedsoul go to the ivf thread someone once posted about acupuncturist there..

ok , thanks , I will find it out

1 Like

Re: Trying To Conceive A Child? TTC by franklyfert(f): 6:25pm On Nov 21, 2016
4realwoman:
Good morning mama and papas in the house
Pls come and help me to interpret my Hormonal profile result.

DAY 3.
FSH 6.13 U/L

LH 5.89 U/L

PROLACTIN H35.74 NG/ML 5-25

DAY21

PROGESTERONE 2.92 NG/ML

cc: DonaTee, mamaTB, franklyfert, Stephaniecoa and all mamas and papas. thank you.
sorry for late response couldnt not comment being busy .

your prolactin levels is high as a result your progesterone is low. that value you have is a early pregnancy value .prolactin can interrupt the normal production of the hormones estrogen and progesterone. This can cause the ovaries to release eggs irregularly or stop altogether.so see your doctor give you drugs to handle the prolactin level and that will help to increase your progesterone to normal.if not then you can use progesterone pessaries or injection to support your cycle.

YOUR FSH and LH , looks good. treat your hyperprolactinemia and repeat the test before you proceed on any other thing.

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Trying To Conceive A Child? TTC by orney(f): 6:45pm On Nov 21, 2016
pweetymii:
thank you ma, i will
Re: Trying To Conceive A Child? TTC by orney(f): 6:47pm On Nov 21, 2016
spiceeamiee:
Good afternoon mamas. I have been following this thread since January when I was not even engaged talk less of married. I have never commented but I salute the great courage of everyone here and I want you people to know you are in my prayers. I got married three weeks ago and on Saturday, I found out I was pregnant. I could not believe my eyes. Let me share my testimony. In February this year, I started having painful cramps in my pelvic region. I thought they were period pains but since it was too early in the cycle, i then decided they were ovulation pains. However, this pains kept on coming anytime within my cycle. The pains were so strong that sometimes I would lay down and cry. In April it stopped so I did not bother going to the hospital. I got engaged in May and started preparing for my wedding in October. In June, the pains came back with great intensity. One day in July, the pain was so great I went to a hospital opposite my office. The doctor did pelvic scan and said I had excess fluid in my pouch of Douglas and said I should go for HVS. HVS result came back and the report was PID. HA! Mogbe!! I started reading up on PID and all the things I read scared me. I don't know where the PID came from as I and my fiancee were abstaining till wedding night. I started treatment. Did the first cycle for 3weeks then I was asked to do a repeat scan. Did the scan and the fluid was still in my pouch, in fact it had increased. I read so many articles online that said fluid in POD was a very bad thing. My sisters, between July and September, I spent a lot of money doing tests and buying drugs. I was devastated. How could I have an infection that could affect my fertility when I was getting married in two months time? I tried to pray but sometimes, I would just break down and cry. On 1st of October, I went to the hospital again and the doctor asked me to do hormonal profile and HSG to see if the PID had affected my tubes so I could know my options. I calculated the cost for both tests and it was almost 30k. I decided to use the money to sow seed in church cos I was tired of everything. I sowed the seed and just removed my mind and went on with my wedding preparations. Got married on the 29th of October and BDing started. Last week, DH touched my boobs and I shouted and jumped. My nipples were so painful. I was also having back pains and I even took Diclofenac for it. I also had bad cramps and I thought it was my period coming. Saturday morning I just play play say make I use one pt strip wey I buy. I had even forgotten I was doing a pt test cos I took my bath and washed some clothes. About two hours later, I saw the strip and it had two bold lines. I screamed. I quickly rushed to a nearby lab and did blood test and behold my sisters, It was positive. The Lord heard my cry and shut the mouth of the evils ones. He turned the report of the doctors around. He turned my mourning into dancing. The doctor said that the kind of fluid I had in my Pouch of Douglas can only indicate how far gone the PID damage to my uterus and fallopian tubes were but just three weeks after my wedding, here I am with the report of the Lord which says PREGNANT!! I pray for everyone here believing, the Lord who did it for me will do it for you. Thank you Onise Iyanu
congratulations! Wishing you h&h nine months, God is great

1 Like

Re: Trying To Conceive A Child? TTC by Redeemedsoul: 6:47pm On Nov 21, 2016
franklyfert please tell me something about my hormonal assay

Re: Trying To Conceive A Child? TTC by Nobody: 7:03pm On Nov 21, 2016
franklyfert:

sorry for late response couldnt not comment being busy .

your prolactin levels is high as a result your progesterone is low. that value you have is a early pregnancy value .prolactin can interrupt the normal production of the hormones estrogen and progesterone. This can cause the ovaries to release eggs irregularly or stop altogether.so see your doctor give you drugs to handle the prolactin level and that will help to increase your progesterone to normal.if not then you can use progesterone pessaries or injection to support your cycle.

YOUR FSH and LH , looks good. treat your hyperprolactinemia and repeat the test before you proceed on any other thing.

In my case , prolactin is high abt 60+ the last time I checked but progesterone was normal not low at all about 30+ indicating I didn't ovulate. My dr said it shld be abt 40+ to indicate ovulation has occurred. I don't think prolactin and progesterone are dependent on each other. But I know studies associate high prolactin with pcos.
There are people who ovulate but have low progesterone issues and therefore miscarriage if not on progesterone support medication.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Trying To Conceive A Child? TTC by Nobody: 7:04pm On Nov 21, 2016

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Trying To Conceive A Child? TTC by franklyfert(f): 7:26pm On Nov 21, 2016
Redeemedsoul:
franklyfert please tell me something about my hormonal assay

hello dear, your high LH AND FSH on day 3 is an indication of a low ovarian reserve. to be very accurate you may do an AMH TEST. but this result is showing that your ovaries will respond poorly to stimulation

FSH is often used as a gauge of ovarian reserve. In general, under 6 is excellent, 6-9 is good, 9-10 fair, 10-13 diminished reserve, 13+ no response .

prolactin is ok.

your e2 level is ok but Levels on the lower end tend to be better for stimulating. Abnormally high levels on day 3 may indicate existence of a functional cyst or diminished ovarian reserve. you are towards the higher for a day 3 cycle

the progesterone level is fine but we could know how good this value Is, when i know the length of your cycle
Re: Trying To Conceive A Child? TTC by Nobody: 7:28pm On Nov 21, 2016
Hi mama, like the other sabi mamas has rightly said, your progesterone is low which could also means you did not ovulate (?). My suggestion would be for u to start progesterone injections or suppository 3days after ovulation as low progesterone could hinder implantation.
For the high prolactin, I strongly suggest you use parlodel 2.5mg twice daily. All the best mama.
4realwoman:
Good morning mama and papas in the house
Pls come and help me to interpret my Hormonal profile result.

DAY 3.
FSH 6.13 U/L

LH 5.89 U/L

PROLACTIN H35.74 NG/ML 5-25

DAY21

PROGESTERONE 2.92 NG/ML

cc: DonaTee, mamaTB, franklyfert, Stephaniecoa and all mamas and papas. thank you.

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Trying To Conceive A Child? TTC by Redeemedsoul: 7:46pm On Nov 21, 2016
[quote author=franklyfert post=51244725]

hello dear, your high LH AND FSH on day 3 is an indication of a low ovarian reserve. to be very accurate you may do an AMH TEST. but this result is showing that your ovaries will respond poorly to stimulation

FSH is often used as a gauge of ovarian reserve. In general, under 6 is excellent, 6-9 is good, 9-10 fair, 10-13 diminished reserve, 13+ no response .

prolactin is ok.

your e2 level is ok but Levels on the lower end tend to be better for stimulating. Abnormally high levels on day 3 may indicate existence of a functional cyst or diminished ovarian reserve. you are towards the higher for a day 3 cycle

the progesterone level is fine but we could know how good this value Is, when i know the length of your cycle [/quote

Thank you , that's why I am doing alot to help myself , I already do alot of research , and I see what people with higher FSH did to bring down the levels , that's what am gearing towards now , with God its possible

1 Like

Re: Trying To Conceive A Child? TTC by mumzara: 8:09pm On Nov 21, 2016
ogunbekun:
Looks like you are pregnant ma'am. Go and get a test done to confirm.

Gud evening. I don't tink its pregnancy. I hv googled all the early signs of pregnancy but am nt seeing any of d signs except for the spotting. Moreover I still spoted 2day.

Am tinking its d progesterone injection that is playing with my hormones. I don't just like it at all
Re: Trying To Conceive A Child? TTC by franklyfert(f): 8:22pm On Nov 21, 2016
[quote author=Redeemedsoul post=51245311][/quote]

try and do AMH homone to know get the accurate reserve .
Re: Trying To Conceive A Child? TTC by mumzara: 8:27pm On Nov 21, 2016
[quote author=jayne8585yahoo post=51230084]

Congratulations. Wishing stressfree pregnancy!!!

1 Like

Re: Trying To Conceive A Child? TTC by Nobody: 8:34pm On Nov 21, 2016
mummykyrti:
yes o, me I get b6 and folic acid na just vit c remain.. abeg wts d method of use?
Check her reply to Or-ney. I think the next post after her bfp announcement. U will see the dosage she used.

Spiceeamiee congrats dear. Thats an awesome testimony. I commend your proactive spirit. May u carry joyfully to term.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Trying To Conceive A Child? TTC by lavivaavril(f): 8:34pm On Nov 21, 2016
jayne8585yahoo:
Over sabi mamas una weldonoooo, baby dust to you all, i have been following this thread from background, sometimes i cry, sometimes i pray with you guys.

It happened that mine was a different case of SECONDARY INFERTILITY.

I had my baby 5years ago, fixed copper IUCD to complete masters degree, removed it after 2years, i was ttcing for 3years and 5months.

I did hormonal assay, it showed low LH and high FSH, every other things withinn normal limit.

I was placed on clomid for more than 3 consecutive cycle, ranging from 50mg once a day to twice a day, to 150mg twice a day. Nothing happened.

I graduated to HMG for 3days, followed by HCG on the 12day ie 36 hrs before ovulation , dear friends nothing happened, let me not bore you.

I read something on this thread about vit b6, folic acid and vit c, i browsed extensively about their dosage, i began to use it , removed my mind from everything, i locked up according one sister, even when they told to come for HSG i refused, my dh did seminalysis, the result was ok.
I even stoped counting my cycle

All of a sudden i was cooking my favourte soup banga, i began to vomit, i quickly lay my hands on a PT strip that is in my toilet, lo and behold it was POSITIVE.

Why am i writing this, i want to give back to this my beautiful sisters,

Give vit b6 a try, and i pray that this year will no pass you by. CONGRATULATIONS IN ADVANCE! SHALOM

Congrats to you! Wishing you a healthy and stress free 9 months! Pls concerning this vit b6, what dosage did you take? Is the dosage in pregnacare conception appropriate?

1 Like

Re: Trying To Conceive A Child? TTC by Redeemed(f): 9:10pm On Nov 21, 2016
@ the preggy mamas, congratulations, may you carry to terms and deliver safely. Happy bumping!

@all, may God disappoint all negative medical reports concerning us in Jesus name.

1 Like

Re: Trying To Conceive A Child? TTC by miraclebaby: 9:56pm On Nov 21, 2016
Loisemm:
grin If I hear say I no try this Vit B6, C and folic acid eeh.
jayne8585yahoo , abeg did u take that dosage of vit C all through ur cycle? Thought too much of it can cause miscarriage esp if u take after ovulation. Pls let's clarify. I don go charter them this afternoon dey wait new cycle
You can take maximum of 1000mg daily. Anything above that is excess. That's why I suggested to a mama to use up to 2000mg to induce af. Also note Vit B6 of 200mg over a long time isn't health wise. You can research more on that.
Re: Trying To Conceive A Child? TTC by miraclebaby: 9:58pm On Nov 21, 2016
Congrats to mamas that God answered their prayers. Wishing you H&H9Mths and beyond.
Re: Trying To Conceive A Child? TTC by ogunbekun: 10:53pm On Nov 21, 2016
I think there is one around Anifowose in Ikeja. They look like Koreans. Not sure of the price but they are not so expensive.

Redeemedsoul:
do anyone knows any acupuncturist in Lagos , I will like to know , and also the price for it
Re: Trying To Conceive A Child? TTC by ogunbekun: 10:54pm On Nov 21, 2016
Congratulations. We wish you a healthy and event free 9 months

spiceeamiee:
Good mamas. I have been following this thread since January when I was not even engaged talk less of married. I have never commented but I salute the great courage of everyone here and I want you people to know you are in my prayers. I got married three weeks ago and on Saturday, I found out I was pregnant. I could not believe my eyes. Let me share my testimony. In February this year, I started having painful cramps in my pelvic region. I thought they were period pains but since it was too early in the cycle, i then decided they were ovulation pains. However, this pains kept on coming anytime within my cycle. The pains were so strong that sometimes I would lay down and cry. In April it stopped so I did not bother going to the hospital. I got engaged in May and started preparing for my wedding in October. In June, the pains came back with great intensity. One day in July, the pain was so great I went to a hospital opposite my office. The doctor did pelvic scan and said I had excess fluid in my pouch of Douglas and said I should go for HVS. HVS result came back and the report was PID. HA! Mogbe!! I started reading up on PID and all the things I read scared me. I don't know where the PID came from as I and my fiancee were abstaining till wedding night. I started treatment. Did the first cycle for 3weeks then I was asked to do a repeat scan. Did the scan and the fluid was still in my pouch, in fact it had increased. I read so many articles online that said fluid in POD was a very bad thing. My sisters, between July and September, I spent a lot of money doing tests and buying drugs. I was devastated. How could I have an infection that could affect my fertility when I was getting married in two months time? I tried to pray but sometimes, I would just break down and cry. On 1st of October, I went to the hospital again and the doctor asked me to do hormonal profile and HSG to see if the PID had affected my tubes so I could know my options. I calculated the cost for both tests and it was almost 30k. I decided to use the money to sow seed in church cos I was tired of everything. I sowed the seed and just removed my mind and went on with my wedding preparations. Got married on the 29th of October and BDing started. Last week, DH touched my boobs and I shouted and jumped. My nipples were so painful. I was also having back pains and I even took Diclofenac for it. I also had bad cramps and I thought it was my period coming. Saturday morning I just play play say make I use one pt strip wey I buy. I had even forgotten I was doing a pt test cos I took my bath and washed some clothes. About two hours later, I saw the strip and it had two bold lines. I screamed. I quickly rushed to a nearby lab and did blood test and behold my sisters, It was positive. The Lord heard my cry and shut the mouth of the evils ones. He turned the report of the doctors around. He turned my mourning into dancing. The doctor said that the kind of fluid I had in my Pouch of Douglas can only indicate how far gone the PID damage to my uterus and fallopian tubes were but just three weeks after my wedding, here I am with the report of the Lord which says PREGNANT!! I pray for everyone here believing, the Lord who did it for me will do it for you. Thank you Onise Iyanu
Re: Trying To Conceive A Child? TTC by ogunbekun: 10:56pm On Nov 21, 2016
Mamas in the house,
What is the correct dose of the following:
Vitex,
Dong Quai,
Red Clover,
COQ 10
Thank you all.
Re: Trying To Conceive A Child? TTC by ogunbekun: 11:32pm On Nov 21, 2016
Sabi mamas,

Can I use this for castor oil packs and massages?

Re: Trying To Conceive A Child? TTC by phelgmatic: 5:34am On Nov 22, 2016
Good morning mamss. Congratulations to those who got their bfps. You will all out to bed safely in Jesus name. Amen. I will testify soon.

Mamas, please let's stop quoting long posts. Its beginning to get too much. If we are quoting for future reference, you could either like it or share it, then go to your profile, you will see posts I have liked and posts I have shared. Click on anyone and you will get the info you want. Or you could copy and paste the person's name before replying. It's not nice being away only to read back and see the pages are filled with quoted long posts.

Make una no vex. It makes the thread boring and tiring having to keep scrolling and scrolling. Thanks

Baby dust

3 Likes

Re: Trying To Conceive A Child? TTC by Nobody: 6:32am On Nov 22, 2016
miraclebaby:
You can take maximum of 1000mg daily. Anything above that is excess. That's why I suggested to a mama to use up to 2000mg... ....
I appreciate ma.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Trying To Conceive A Child? TTC by mummykyrti(f): 6:44am On Nov 22, 2016
una goodmorin o, I hope evribody slept well last night...I just want to wish evribody a fruitful day!!!

4 Likes

Re: Trying To Conceive A Child? TTC by orney(f): 7:13am On Nov 22, 2016
Goodmorning ooo, on this vit c mata, how many tablet of emzor vit c can i take per day
Re: Trying To Conceive A Child? TTC by Nobody: 8:24am On Nov 22, 2016
@ Orney, depends on the mg. Miraclebaby advised not more than 1000mg per day. The mama who used it to get her bfp took 500mg per day for 3 months.
I bought nature's field vit C 1000mg.

Look what I found.
http://natural-fertility-info.com/vitamin-c-increases-fertility-and-chances-of-getting-pregnant-by-25.html
cc: other mamas

1 Like 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) ... (1658) (1659) (1660) (1661) (1662) (1663) (1664) ... (3057) (Reply)

Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 84
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.