Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,168,820 members, 7,872,754 topics. Date: Wednesday, 26 June 2024 at 09:07 PM

Trying To Conceive A Child? TTC - Health (1728) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Trying To Conceive A Child? TTC (5455153 Views)

Pregnant After Trying To Conceive (ttc)?pls Come In To Chat/share With Others!! / Weight Loss/gain For Ladies Trying To Conceive / How To Conceive A Baby Boy (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (1725) (1726) (1727) (1728) (1729) (1730) (1731) ... (3054) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Trying To Conceive A Child? TTC by mummykyrti(f): 12:16pm On Jan 15, 2017
Gloriaakin24:
Hi momies am new here av been looking for forum like
this for long am glad i found one. I av being ttcing for
a year and some months now and getting tired already.
i aving guilty conscience because of the mistakes of
my past and i wish I told my husband abt it b4 getting
married i av not gone for any fertility test before cos
am scared of what will come out of it but now i think
am ready to take the courage to do it and face my
fears. how i wish i can turn back the hands of time to undo my past.
welcome mama, we all have sins and have sinned in the past, I believe you have asked God for forgiveness and he has forgiven you, am glad you are taking d right next step of going for tests, but it shudnt be one sided, hubby has to do tests too...also get a good gynaecologist ...wishing you a short but fruitful stay here.
cc loisemm, afagha, adiahaakwaibom1, curvilicious, orney, lavivaavril...why una wan mke d thread b like ghost zone??

1 Like

Re: Trying To Conceive A Child? TTC by 4realwoman: 12:54pm On Jan 15, 2017
@ Gloriaakin24, welcome and have a short and fruitful stay here.
Re: Trying To Conceive A Child? TTC by Dazzle86(f): 1:34pm On Jan 15, 2017
Gloriaakin24:

Welcome, it's normal to feel that way., but our God is a merciful God, if you asked for forgiveness and departed from your sins, He forgives. You and your husband should get a good gynecologist, and he will tell you the e
Necessary tests and interpret your results.

Welcome once again.
Re: Trying To Conceive A Child? TTC by emmieohmz: 1:34pm On Jan 15, 2017
Wit d issue of mother in-law......hmmmm, its not easy @ all

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Trying To Conceive A Child? TTC by Dazzle86(f): 1:36pm On Jan 15, 2017
Mamas that buy data from data sellers please how do you go about it. Can you recommend someone I can buy from?
Re: Trying To Conceive A Child? TTC by emmieohmz: 1:37pm On Jan 15, 2017
Wit God all things r possible
Re: Trying To Conceive A Child? TTC by fpeter(f): 2:15pm On Jan 15, 2017
Gloriaakin24:
Hi momies am new here av been looking for forum like this for long am glad i found one. I av being ttcing for a year and some months now and getting tired already. i aving guilty conscience because of the mistakes of my past and i wish I told my husband abt it b4 getting married i av not gone for any fertility test before cos am scared of what will come out of it but now i think am ready to take the courage to do it and face my fears. how i can turn back the hand of time.

You're welcome dear. May your stay be brief and fruitful. Nobody is without sin. Before God, ALL humans have sinned...the good news is that once you confess and forsake your past God will forgive and forget. He does not judge us by our past mistakes, He is a forgiving and loving Father. You need to forgive yourself and believe you are a new creature under God's Grace.
If you are sure that your husband can handle your past then tell him, otherwise telling God is enough. Let go of the fear of the unknown and brace yourself up. Get tested, check in with a good Gynaecologist and OBGYN...your solution may just be an easy one. It is better to face your fears and handle them decisively...Good luck.

1 Like

Re: Trying To Conceive A Child? TTC by lavivaavril(f): 2:28pm On Jan 15, 2017

14 Likes

Re: Trying To Conceive A Child? TTC by mummykyrti(f): 2:31pm On Jan 15, 2017
lavivaavril:

@mummykyrti my dear I dey here dey observe oo.
MIL came to meet me yday and asked me how far Are you people planning to wait? What are you waiting for? She has been waiting for me to come and meet her to discuss as e never take enter but as I no show face, she had to come and meet me. She asked me if I've ever heard of ovulation before! I just laugh for my mind. Me wey don turn doctor finish untop TTC lol. She gave me prayer points and olive oil to be anointing myself with. She also gave me some materials on pregnancy. Bless her soul! She finally told me she dreamt she was bathing my baby, I claim am oooo

Happy Sunday mamas
amen ooo, even dh dreamt I gave birth o, we claim bcs 2017 is our year...howfa did u finally get d ovulation drug?

5 Likes

Re: Trying To Conceive A Child? TTC by missingribs: 2:37pm On Jan 15, 2017
pls are this exercise go for a TTC,cos my fuel supplier (hubby) dey complain say I don dey grow fat,I decided to do exercises him still dey complian say I dey do exercises say how d Belle go take stay......that y I run come met my sabi mama to ask if this exercise if affect my conceptions

Re: Trying To Conceive A Child? TTC by lavivaavril(f): 2:46pm On Jan 15, 2017
mummykyrti:
amen ooo, even dh dreamt I gave birth o, we claim bcs 2017 is our year...howfa did u finally get d ovulation drug?

Yea dear I got Letrozole from the ikeja pharmacist. Did you still get yours? Hope no side effects from the m2tone?
Re: Trying To Conceive A Child? TTC by lavivaavril(f): 2:52pm On Jan 15, 2017
missingribs:
pls are this exercise go for a TTC,cos my fuel supplier (hubby) dey complain say I don dey grow fat,I decided to do exercises him still dey complian say I dey do exercises say how d Belle go take stay......that y I run come met my sabi mama to ask if this exercise if affect my conceptions

I would advise nothing too straineous oo. A little exercise to remain active and keep off fatigue is healthy but as we dey find baby, don't do anything rigorous. Everyone is telling me I'm adding weight too. I'm only minimizing my food intake, no exercises for me pls.
Re: Trying To Conceive A Child? TTC by FruitfulRay(f): 3:26pm On Jan 15, 2017
Welcome dear, may your stay be short and fruitful. Please forget the past, ask God for forgiveness and move ahead. Go for the necessary tests, and ur hubby too. God will lead and guide you.

Gloriaakin24:
Re: Trying To Conceive A Child? TTC by FruitfulRay(f): 3:32pm On Jan 15, 2017
My dear, its better to exercise when TTC, it helps with hormonal balance, and wades off anxiety, but nothing strenuous. Walking is good, mild walking on the treadmill, little aerobics, and you can download Yoga videos, as this is one of the best forms of exercise when TTC. Above all, please watch wat you eat, less sugar and carbs, more protein, fruits and veggies.

missingribs:
Re: Trying To Conceive A Child? TTC by Gloriaakin24(f): 4:09pm On Jan 15, 2017
whao thanks all i feel so loved already , thanks for the word of encouragement and prayers. dont mind me i dont no how to mention names or tag names rather. i know with time i will no how. i av gotten enough courage to go for the test i will update with the result. thanks so much i feel so much at home here. i pray God gives us all bfp speedily (big fat postive) she? hope i got it right.

5 Likes

Re: Trying To Conceive A Child? TTC by afagha(f): 4:50pm On Jan 15, 2017
mummykyrti:
welcome mama, we all have sins and have sinned in the past, I believe you have asked God for forgiveness and he has forgiven you, am glad you are taking d right next step of going for tests, but it shudnt be one sided, hubby has to do tests too...also get a good gynaecologist ...wishing you a short but fruitful stay here.
cc loisemm, afagha, adiahaakwaibom1, curvilicious, orney, lavivaavril...why una wan mke d thread b like ghost zone??
happy Sunday fruitful mama,Mey wey people jump pass my greeting and question the other day. I hope say everybody dey alright sha
Re: Trying To Conceive A Child? TTC by BlossomedCherry: 5:08pm On Jan 15, 2017
Gloriaakin24:
Men can be so unpredictable o, so I wld say you shouldnt tell him yet nor involve him to run a test with you if you havent gone for a personal test yourself to know wat actually is the problem.
1: If no issues with you, quietly ignore d urge to tell him and take everything to God in prayers, asking him for pardon and forgiveness.
2: You are now free to go for the test with him to rule out male factor.
3: If the issue is from you from ur personal test o, try to know how to rectify it yourself immediately while still praying to God for pardon.
Thats all I can think of to tell you and know you that when we are in Christ, old things are past away. I wish u a short fruitful stay IJN.

4 Likes

Re: Trying To Conceive A Child? TTC by BlossomedCherry: 5:09pm On Jan 15, 2017
afagha:

happy Sunday fruitful mama,Mey wey people jump pass my greeting and question the other day. I hope say everybody dey alright sha
I no see o.
Re: Trying To Conceive A Child? TTC by afagha(f): 5:40pm On Jan 15, 2017
BlossomedCherry:
I no see o.
no p mama,I no vex too much. Just small. It will all end in Praise. Hope you're good
Re: Trying To Conceive A Child? TTC by orney(f): 5:44pm On Jan 15, 2017
@mummykyrti, ghostmode good once in a while... Are you using m2tone with letrozole?
Happy sundays to all mamas
Mama loisemm, how una dey?
Gloriaakin24, av u started taking pre drugs like folic acid, u can try pregnacare conception and above all pray
Re: Trying To Conceive A Child? TTC by miraclebaby: 7:02pm On Jan 15, 2017
Gloriaakin24:
I wouldn't suggest you tell him anything just yet since you didn't disclose before marriage.

Talk to him about going for tests since you're over a year. That's normal for all ttc case. Both of you have to decide hospital to use. Then meet the doctor and run the tests. You might even be surprise there might be no problem or it might not be with you. Leave the past and face the present.

I also won't advice running personal tests, reason is if there's any iasue, it might weigh you down and affect you more. Normally when there's a problem, you need someone to cheer you up and give you hope. Secondly, what if you go and there's no issue with you, how do you convince dh to go with you especially if he senses you've done yours previously?

So I would suggest, take your time and tell him that you guys may need to see a good gynae. He might like you to go first but I don't encourage that. Some doctors too won't even do any much tests when both of you don't go together as they might say you're not ready yet.

As for telling him about your past, leave that off for now. If there's need later after you must have run some tests, you'll have to devise a way to let him know so as to help you solve the issue (if any)

Problem we have most times is that we find it hard to forgive oneself. Thus that sin keeps tormenting the soul making it look fresh daily. You have to first forgive yourself, ask God to forgive you. Go to confession if you worship in one of the churches that offer confession. Then pray earnestly and move on.

In other news,
Do you ovulate regularly? How frequent is your cycle? Do you have normal flow? Any signs of ovulation? Do you think you might have infection? Any previous tests for infection?

How is your feeding habit? Do you get enough rest or are you stressed? Sometimes we worry more and the body won't perform under stress.

Note: don't think your dh will rightly accept visiting hospital, men are always calm when it comes to some matter. So if he doesn't buy it, take your time to convince him. Also take it to God in Prayer.

2 Likes

Re: Trying To Conceive A Child? TTC by mummykyrti(f): 7:40pm On Jan 15, 2017
orney:
@mummykyrti, ghostmode good once in a while... Are you using m2tone with letrozole?
no o, found tamoxifen on cycle day 9 after much wahala, decided to chill till next cycle..
@ afagha no vex o, been busy with other stuffs in my life jare, just bcs am atc dsnt mean d world would stop for me my dear
@ lavivaavril no reactions yet o, just chilling and trying to follow that 10,12,14,16,18,20 and 22 bd ish ooo, that's if body go allow us...I sprinkle lots of baby dust on u as u use that letrozole
Re: Trying To Conceive A Child? TTC by orney(f): 8:11pm On Jan 15, 2017
Owkay, just wanted to kno if 1 can combine the two, as for the tamoxifen, my gynea gave me to start on the 3rd day, 1 per day for 5 days@mummykyrti
Re: Trying To Conceive A Child? TTC by mummykyrti(f): 8:27pm On Jan 15, 2017
orney:
Owkay, just wanted to kno if 1 can combine the two, as for the tamoxifen, my gynea gave me to start on the 3rd day, 1 per day for 5 days@mummykyrti
that's from cd3-cd9? I'll try it next cycle, hopefully bfre den I'll arrange all I need so I won't do rat race like I did now...baby dust dear
Re: Trying To Conceive A Child? TTC by BlossomedCherry: 8:54pm On Jan 15, 2017
afagha:

no p mama,I no vex too much. Just small. It will all end in Praise. Hope you're good
God has been faithful ma. wat was d question u say we jump and pass? You knw diz thread has been quiet for awhile now.
Re: Trying To Conceive A Child? TTC by BlossomedCherry: 8:56pm On Jan 15, 2017
orney:
Dunno if tamoxifen is as harsh as clomid, I for suggest u up dosage. I no be doctor o, I jex suggest depending on the mcg sha.
Re: Trying To Conceive A Child? TTC by Nobody: 9:00pm On Jan 15, 2017
@ orney don't mix M2-tone and tamoxifen or letrozole. I did that last cycle and when I was suppose to ovulate I didn't see EWCM. The tamoxifen works to lower estrogen production so that eggs will mature and M2-tone balances hormones. So you see they will be conflicting. Nevertheless you can try taking it from ovulation till BFP.

To all mama's taking tamoxifen and letrozole pls be careful because of hyperstimulation and also cysts. Why am avoiding letrozole is that I read of birth defects in some research, so watch your dosage since most of us are self medicating and also take folic acid alongside. It will all end in praise.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Trying To Conceive A Child? TTC by BlossomedCherry: 9:01pm On Jan 15, 2017
@miraclebaby, dont you think she can handle it more in a 1st personal test than if she goes with hubby and they kinda say something relating fault is from her. With personal test, if their is an issue, she can start up treatments immediately if no issue, she is a woman, she can then convince her hubby they run a test in a seperate hospital where she did the personal test.
Re: Trying To Conceive A Child? TTC by BlossomedCherry: 9:02pm On Jan 15, 2017
MummyJJ:
@ orney don't mix M2-tone and tamoxifen or letrozole. I did that last cycle and when I was suppose to ovulate I didn't see EWCM. The tamoxifen works to lower estrogen production so that eggs will mature and M2-tone balances hormones. So you see they will be conflicting. Nevertheless you can try taking it from ovulation till BFP.

To all mama's taking tamoxifen and letrozole pls be careful because of hyperstimulation and also cysts. Why am avoiding letrozole is that I read of birth defects in some research, so watch your dosage since most of us are self medicating and also take folic acid alongside. It will all end in praise.
clomid gave me cyst and no bfp.
Re: Trying To Conceive A Child? TTC by FruitfulRay(f): 9:04pm On Jan 15, 2017
No oh, not CD 3 - 9, you either do cd3 to cd7 or CD 5 to CD 9. If you ovulate early, its better to start on cd3, but if your ovulation is later, the CD 5 is good. Also you can combine m2 tone with letrozole, tamoxo what or clomid. Some mamas in the past did it and it worked for then. Also try vit e after ovulation, start from CD 13 or 14, Omega 369 can be taken throughout. If you like, you can add evening primerose, but stop on cd10. This helps with ewcm. And remember our all mighty folic acid. God bless our hustle.

mummykyrti:
that's from cd3-cd9? I'll try it next cycle, hopefully bfre den I'll arrange all I need so I won't do rat race like I did now...baby dust dear
Re: Trying To Conceive A Child? TTC by FruitfulRay(f): 9:06pm On Jan 15, 2017
I think one per day for two days, then two for the remaining days. But pls consult with ur doctor first.

BlossomedCherry:
Dunno if tamoxifen is as harsh as clomid, I for suggest u up dosage. I no be doctor o, I jex suggest depending on the mcg sha.
Re: Trying To Conceive A Child? TTC by Nobody: 9:10pm On Jan 15, 2017
@ blossomedcherry you took clomid also. Was it the cycle before the letrozole and how did you clear the cyst

1 Like 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) ... (1725) (1726) (1727) (1728) (1729) (1730) (1731) ... (3054) (Reply)

Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 62
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.