Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,169,736 members, 7,875,845 topics. Date: Saturday, 29 June 2024 at 11:11 PM

Trying To Conceive A Child? TTC - Health (1731) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Trying To Conceive A Child? TTC (5457494 Views)

Pregnant After Trying To Conceive (ttc)?pls Come In To Chat/share With Others!! / Weight Loss/gain For Ladies Trying To Conceive / How To Conceive A Baby Boy (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (1728) (1729) (1730) (1731) (1732) (1733) (1734) ... (3054) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Trying To Conceive A Child? TTC by frajon(f): 10:01am On Jan 17, 2017
Hmmmmm good morning ma, o have been taking folic acid and Vitamin E-200. Dh refuse to go for test since whenever I rest the issue he wil pick offense,finally he did it in December but has not collected the result. If I ask him how far with the result he will reply by asking me if my whole life depend on doctors report that as for him he doesn't need it. I don't really know what to do.
Re: Trying To Conceive A Child? TTC by favouredestiny: 10:41am On Jan 17, 2017
frajon:
Hmmmmm good morning ma, o have been taking folic acid and Vitamin E-200. Dh refuse to go for test since whenever I rest the issue he wil pick offense,finally he did it in December but has not collected the result. If I ask him how far with the result he will reply by asking me if my whole life depend on doctors report that as for him he doesn't need it. I don't really know what to do.

You need to find a way to convince your husband to collect his result so that you will know what next to do, I pray God gives you wisdom to handle him because some men can be difficult when it comes to ttc issues.
Re: Trying To Conceive A Child? TTC by fpeter(f): 11:04am On Jan 17, 2017
frajon:

Tread cautiously with him please, don't let TTC bring issues between you guys. Men don't really like submitting themselves for tests especially when it has to do with fertility matters. Just take it easy, employ your Lady Charm, be sweet and tender when broaching the topic. Look for a time when he is in a good mood, then gently present the matter to him again. Above all pray before approaching him, hand him over to the Lord and commit his heart before God. Nothing is impossible with God.

The king’s heart is in the hand of the Lord,
Like the rivers of water;
He turns it wherever He wishes
(Proverbs 21:1)

4 Likes

Re: Trying To Conceive A Child? TTC by fpeter(f): 11:12am On Jan 17, 2017
BlossomedCherry:
Maama u dey hot o.... na rear I see so? thumbs up to u! grin

I'm sure she meant Doggy...not the other 'rear' you were thinking. wink wink

1 Like

Re: Trying To Conceive A Child? TTC by BlossomedCherry: 11:14am On Jan 17, 2017
fpeter:

I'm sure she mean Doggy...not the other 'rear' you were thinking. wink wink
lol anywhich way na fun sha.
Re: Trying To Conceive A Child? TTC by fpeter(f): 11:18am On Jan 17, 2017
@Adiahaakwaibom1

You'll be fine sis. You will come out of this, Victorious! smiley

1 Like

Re: Trying To Conceive A Child? TTC by fpeter(f): 11:20am On Jan 17, 2017
BlossomedCherry:
lol anywhich way na fun sha.

I tell you my dear...
Re: Trying To Conceive A Child? TTC by adelolo: 11:50am On Jan 17, 2017
Sisters. I need your advice. My ovulation day was jan1.on the 6th, I saw light blood and so on. On the 15th, my period came that made me to get stained in church. 16th and up till now, the period has stopped. It came just for 1and 1/2 days.
Re: Trying To Conceive A Child? TTC by FruitfulRay(f): 11:59am On Jan 17, 2017
Good day dear, go for a pregnancy test... hope its what am praying for. Baby dust to us all...

adelolo:
Sisters. I need your advice. My ovulation day was jan1.on the 6th, I saw light blood and so on. On the 15th, my period came that made me to get stained in church. 16th and up till now, the period has stopped. It came just for 1and 1/2 days.

2 Likes

Re: Trying To Conceive A Child? TTC by Thehomemaker(f): 12:00pm On Jan 17, 2017
Hello Sisters, This past two weeks have been one that I would describe with mixed feelings. From finding out that I was pregnant to dealing with the processes of a miscarriage and all the pain that comes with it (Still going through right now). I Discovered I was pregnant when Af no show on due date 3rd of Jan, me that I've always been operating like a clockwork since my teenage years (never missed a period). At first i thought it was the Ruzu I took that was messing up my system. Tested and it was positive. Amid this excitement, I started having light cramps but no bleeding, they said it was normal that it would soon stop, fast-forward to thursday last week, I started spotting. Bleeding start friday night and couldn't be stopped with injections and all. Dr already said it was happening ans there's was not much that can be done. Scan had earlier showed that the pregnancy was in the right place so it wasn't ectopic. By yesterday morning I had almost passed out most of the conception and the sac was gone (scan couldn't see it anymore) so we had to take the rest out. No D&C though, I'm on Misoprostol for the next 5 days.

As sad as this may sound right now, it is a testimony for me because the pregnancy happened when I wasn't even looking and with fibroids, After the whole robbery incident in december and nursing Dh back to good health from all the beating he received, I wasn't even ttcing like that. I didn't take MACV at all through out the month, me that will never miss it. I only tried to take ruzu bitters 4 times during my af in december because i felt the drug (Mefanamic acid) the Dr gave me for the heavy flow wasn't doing much for me and I think ruzu worked because af was 7 days on the dot with no extra spotting and the flow was well under control. I did increase my fruit and veg intake especially pineapple (i never liked it), taking my Folic acid and Vit C only, rested a little because i was on my end of the year break from work and kpekus was steady during ovulation as usual.

Dr says it's not the fibroids and could be more due to stress (resuming to Lagos hustle suddenly after all the rest) or just wasn't meant to be. The fibroids have grown so big in this 5-6 weeks of conception even the sonographer was surprised but I was told it could have just been swelling due to the pregnancy and another scan will be done after the flushing and contraction is over to know the true size.

It was God's miracle that make it happen this time and I believe He is going to do a new thing this year. I am more convinced of this truth. Even though I cried o even before the Dr concluded, i could feel in my body that I had lost something. I was even feeling sorry for Dh yesterday night because I must have put him through a lot this past days but God is still faithful.

Ps, after ovulation like this, I no go even stress or carry pin/ do anything strenous unless af shows (take that as one of my new year resolutions)

Apologies for the long post, enjoy your day.

8 Likes

Re: Trying To Conceive A Child? TTC by Ayauche(f): 12:00pm On Jan 17, 2017
Welcome to newbies.
Mamas let's keep holding on, Baba God will certainly pick our calls sooner than we expect. Dis is our year.

Adelolo: That 15th how much was the flow? Scanty or normal or better still my sister why don't u do PT first then we knw the next step to go.

It is well with us all
Re: Trying To Conceive A Child? TTC by favouredestiny: 12:17pm On Jan 17, 2017
@Thehomemaker, sorry for all that you went through. The lord will surely give you double for all your troubles. You will still carry your baby in your arms this 2017.

2 Likes

Re: Trying To Conceive A Child? TTC by afagha(f): 12:28pm On Jan 17, 2017
Thehomemaker:
Hello Sisters, This past two weeks have been one that I would describe with mixed feelings. From finding out that I was pregnant to dealing with the processes of a miscarriage and all the pain that comes with it (Still going through right now). I Discovered I was pregnant when Af no show on due date 3rd of Jan, me that I've always been operating like a clockwork since my teenage years (never missed a period). At first i thought it was the Ruzu I took that was messing up my system. Tested and it was positive. Amid this excitement, I started having light cramps but no bleeding, they said it was normal that it would soon stop, fast-forward to thursday last week, I started spotting. Bleeding start friday night and couldn't be stopped with injections and all. Dr already said it was happening ans there's was not much that can be done. Scan had earlier showed that the pregnancy was in the right place so it wasn't ectopic. By yesterday morning I had almost passed out most of the conception and the sac was gone (scan couldn't see it anymore) so we had to take the rest out. No D&C though, I'm on Misoprostol for the next 5 days.

As sad as this may sound right now, it is a testimony for me because the pregnancy happened when I wasn't even looking and with fibroids, After the whole robbery incident in december and nursing Dh back to good health from all the beating he received, I wasn't even ttcing like that. I didn't take MACV at all through out the month, me that will never miss it. I only tried to take ruzu bitters 4 times during my af in december because i felt the drug (Mefanamic acid) the Dr gave me for the heavy flow wasn't doing much for me and I think ruzu worked because af was 7 days on the dot with no extra spotting and the flow was well under control. I did increase my fruit and veg intake especially pineapple (i never liked it), taking my Folic acid and Vit C only, rested a little because i was on my end of the year break from work and kpekus was steady during ovulation as usual.

Dr says it's not the fibroids and could be more due to stress (resuming to Lagos hustle suddenly after all the rest) or just wasn't meant to be. The fibroids have grown so big in this 5-6 weeks of conception even the sonographer was surprised but I was told it could have just been swelling due to the pregnancy and another scan will be done after the flushing and contraction is over to know the true size.

It was God's miracle that make it happen this time and I believe He is going to do a new thing this year. I am more convinced of this truth. Even though I cried o even before the Dr concluded, i could feel in my body that I had lost something. I was even feeling sorry for Dh yesterday night because I must have put him through a lot this past days but God is still faithful.

Ps, after ovulation like this, I no go even stress or carry pin/ do anything strenous unless af shows (take that as one of my new year resolutions)

Apologies for the long post, enjoy your day.

through it all just know that God is on the throne. Your set time is nearer than you think. ehugs

1 Like

Re: Trying To Conceive A Child? TTC by Thehomemaker(f): 12:35pm On Jan 17, 2017
Amen. Thanks

favouredestiny:
@Thehomemaker, sorry for all that you went through. The lord will surely give you double for all your troubles. You will still carry your baby in your arms this 2017.
Re: Trying To Conceive A Child? TTC by mummykyrti(f): 12:55pm On Jan 17, 2017
thehomemaker sorry about everything but we are thankful that atlist now you are sure nothing is wrong with either of you...funny enough I was just about to post it here that we shudnt just pray 4 bfp, but smooth pregnancy and delivery, baby alive, father and evribody alive before I read your post.
in other news following that 10,12.... like government work ooo...it shall all end in praise.
@ curvilicious it apuns to me atimes, tho I call it air from jajaina
@ adiahaakwaibom1 I can't and can understand how u feel, some people think cheating isn't a big deal but for me I'd rada u kill me than cheat on me bcs of d emotional rollercoaster and self doubt I go through. just commit everything into prayer, God knows everything and pls don't take a dosage that might cause more harm Dan good... we love you very much

3 Likes

Re: Trying To Conceive A Child? TTC by lavivaavril(f): 1:01pm On Jan 17, 2017
[quote author=Thehomemaker post=52880262][/quote]

I'm so sorry to hear this my dear but you know what? God is ever merciful and I pray you get double for this loss in Jesus name, Amen
Re: Trying To Conceive A Child? TTC by fpeter(f): 1:03pm On Jan 17, 2017
@Thehomemaker

I'm so sorry sis.
You'll overcome all the complications and challenges soon.
Have you thought about going for surgery? A colleague of mine was TTC for
3yrs. three months after her surgery she conceived and now she's a mother.
Re: Trying To Conceive A Child? TTC by fpeter(f): 1:08pm On Jan 17, 2017
This year i have resolved to exhaust every means within my powers otherwise by July i'll go for IVF
I'm getting tired and desperate. Age is not my friend anymore, I just want this nightmare to be over. cry

2 Likes

Re: Trying To Conceive A Child? TTC by lavivaavril(f): 1:15pm On Jan 17, 2017
fpeter:
This year i have resolved to exhaust every means within my powers otherwise by July i'll go for IVF
I'm getting tired and desperate. Age is not my friend anymore, I just want this nightmare to be over. cry

Have you tried IUI? IVF can be crazily expensive. It is well with you my sister
Re: Trying To Conceive A Child? TTC by Thehomemaker(f): 1:27pm On Jan 17, 2017
Amen thanks, that might just be the next line of action though the Dr still says it wouldn't affect anything (but i no too trust them, everybody na their lab rat, make them no come turn me into their personal project). i will decide when I do the scan to know the size after all of this is over.

fpeter:
@Thehomemaker

I'm so sorry sis.
You'll overcome all the complications and challenges soon.
Have you thought about going for surgery? A colleague of mine was TTC for
3yrs. three months after her surgery she conceived and now she's a mother.

1 Like

Re: Trying To Conceive A Child? TTC by Thehomemaker(f): 1:30pm On Jan 17, 2017
Amen....#teamtwins is still on.... Devil can't steal our joy. Thanks

lavivaavril:

I'm so sorry to hear this my dear but you know what? God is ever merciful and I pray you get double for this loss in Jesus name, Amen
Re: Trying To Conceive A Child? TTC by Thehomemaker(f): 1:32pm On Jan 17, 2017
Amen o.....

[quote author=mummykyrti post=52881750]thehomemaker sorry about everything but we are thankful that atlist now you are sure nothing is wrong with either of you...funny enough I was just about to post it here that we shudnt just pray 4 bfp, but smooth pregnancy and delivery, baby alive, father and evribody alive before I read your post.
in other news following that 10,12.... like government work ooo...it shall all end in praise.
Re: Trying To Conceive A Child? TTC by futureday(f): 1:34pm On Jan 17, 2017
Thank you all mamas keeping the forum,i hav been having issues with my account.thanks to all belle full mamas may u all carry to them.all those that got thier bfps this January, i dey hail and i tap the blessing and to every mama waiting here. we shall all testify. the newbies may ur stay here be short and fruitful.ttc has really weakened me.i pray that God will answer our call soonest.I'm on bitterleaf therapy.finger crossed
Re: Trying To Conceive A Child? TTC by FruitfulRay(f): 2:39pm On Jan 17, 2017
@Thehomemaker so sorry for your loss, may God comfort you and hubby on all sides. My dear, this is still your year, God will give you double for all your trouble.
God bless you.
Re: Trying To Conceive A Child? TTC by mumemma: 2:55pm On Jan 17, 2017
Helo People...

Being a while.....You know ow it is sometimes..ad u choose to just hide somewhere cus the TTC stress is mounting. Wel....back here but Faith is stronger...this 2017....I go announce my Bfp and carry my own o..Besides....my values have increased incredibly, Thanks to Fertilsam M

1 Like

Re: Trying To Conceive A Child? TTC by chumz11: 4:30pm On Jan 17, 2017
@ thehomemaker,i pray d affliction doesn't arise the second time.@ least u have discovered a regimen that gave u ur bfp stick to it and it shall end in praise.@ adiaakwaibom1 I used clomid and it helped me to ovulate though I didn't get a bfp.i'm on another dose of clomid 3-7 as I no c letrozole and my dr prescribed clomid.today is my CD11.have u finished ur dose?
Re: Trying To Conceive A Child? TTC by Thehomemaker(f): 4:57pm On Jan 17, 2017
Amen. Thanks a lot

chumz11:
@ thehomemaker,i pray d affliction doesn't arise the second time.@ least u have discovered a regimen that gave u ur bfp stick to it and it shall end in praise.@ adiaakwaibom1 I used clomid and it helped me to ovulate though I didn't get a bfp.i'm on another dose of clomid 3-7 as I no c letrozole and my dr prescribed clomid.today is my CD11.have u finished ur dose?
Re: Trying To Conceive A Child? TTC by Towerofgrace: 5:47pm On Jan 17, 2017
childofGod29:
Good day all sabi mamas in the house, i have been a silent reader all along. Pls i need your help, i went for fertiliy tests and the doctor asked me to do hsg. From my results, one of my tubes is blocked and he told me that i should still keep trying for a baby for some time but i should consider ivf as an option later.

I later went on to read comments from other women on this platform and i realised the doctor didnt ask me to do FSH,LH and thyroid tests (i hope i got them right). He also did not say anything about using ovulation inducing drugs like clomid. Pls does anyone know a good doctor on the mainland as i need another good doctor as my doctor thinks ivf will be the best option on the long run. I will start serrapeptase and castor oil pack to deal with the blocked tube.

I think you are right on track as per castor oil pack and serrapeptase, I would not advice any ovulation inducing medication if one tube is said to be blocked, cos this increases this risk of ectopic should fertilization occur in the blocked tube.

I would advise u ensure both tubes are patent before inducing or enhancing ovulation.

Also ensure u always ask ur doc questions over and over again till ur are clear and satisfied with the response, I mean that is what you are paying for.

Other mamas will shook mouth as per docs on mainland

Fertility blessings
Re: Trying To Conceive A Child? TTC by curvilicious: 6:55pm On Jan 17, 2017
afagha:

vajayjay farting na when person just do doggy finish come change position. #okbye

Hahahaha u sure wont kii me @okbye
Re: Trying To Conceive A Child? TTC by curvilicious: 6:58pm On Jan 17, 2017
@thehomemaker God will replenish ur loss
He'll make u an eternal Excellency and a joy to many generations
D good Lord is ur strength

1 Like

Re: Trying To Conceive A Child? TTC by mamakendra(f): 7:00pm On Jan 17, 2017
mumemma:
Helo People...

Being a while.....Besides....my values have increased incredibly, Thanks to Fertilsam M
Nne, pls what were the values before and after the Fertilsan.

@thehomemaker...., I will tell you congratulations, even if you lost the baby, at least your womb has inhabited a baby, and the devil is still the worse loser. Cos he can't stop the next one.
God has great plans for you and your hubby.
#all, fertility blessings

2 Likes

Re: Trying To Conceive A Child? TTC by curvilicious: 7:10pm On Jan 17, 2017
I have been silent virtually everywhere
In my home, with my mom and siblings, with dh even to myself. My mood have been horrible
Been begging God to bring me out of it

I just tire here honestly

In another news blossomedcherry(Google university professor and adiahaakwaibom(d analyst) why my O pains dey last like 5-7days? And my gynae once said my walls no dey break down well
Luteal phase defect?

@adiahaakwaibom receive grace to keep on. You'll testify in no time God bless you

Abeg any treatment for vajajay farting? It happens to me every few days to af

Finally, i dey find work o @ Benin mamas

(1) (2) (3) ... (1728) (1729) (1730) (1731) (1732) (1733) (1734) ... (3054) (Reply)

Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 67
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.