Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,171,262 members, 7,880,991 topics. Date: Friday, 05 July 2024 at 10:31 AM

My Bad Experience At Emeka Offor Plaza Onitsha.. - Phones (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / My Bad Experience At Emeka Offor Plaza Onitsha.. (37217 Views)

Google Rolls Out Free Wi-fi In Nigeria's City Of Onitsha & Others / My Bad Experience Using An Itel Phone / Emeka Oparah Of Airtel Visits 4-Year-Old Boy Whose Eyes Were Plucked (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: My Bad Experience At Emeka Offor Plaza Onitsha.. by bsaying(m): 4:43pm On Jun 23, 2016
EasternActivist:
Saying you won't do business with an Igbo man is your height of foolishness...

Now tell me If any Igbo man cares if you are existing for him to make business that will bring him fortune... No one I presume...

E no go remove pin from any Igbo man but e go commot all your sweat from you denying yourself business opportunities with an Igbo man...

So Who is given eachother the favour here? You or the Igbo man

Better grow up. Rubbish...

No offence to igbos.... I wrote in anger... ...i totally apologize for victimizing all igbos for a bad experience with a few... The reason i later gave him my bb was because i had told him i wanted to sell the bb for 12grand,when the whole drama now started, he decided to price it for 10grand...and den decided to pay d 5k......the part of the story i didnt really add was that i went with the intention of selling the bb too... But wanted to sell the tabs first... My only hurt now is that he gave me 5k instead of the full payment for the bb..
Re: My Bad Experience At Emeka Offor Plaza Onitsha.. by Nobody: 4:45pm On Jun 23, 2016
wristbangle:

Kudi right? Long time my personal what again sef lipsrsealed
Na u talk am ooo

Personal wat?
I don repent embarassed tongue
Re: My Bad Experience At Emeka Offor Plaza Onitsha.. by Stanleywaxy(m): 4:49pm On Jun 23, 2016
Who doesn't know or haven't about Emeka offor plaza , baba if you dull for osha boys no go mercy for you ohh, they'll suck you dry.
Thats where I grew up and I know how to handle myself in such area .
You made a mistake by going there alone in the first place , you should have gone with some1 ; maybe you didn't want to share the money you would've made with any1.

I once sold my BB Bold 2 , which had a faulty memory card port for #20k , i took my money cash.
I miss that part of the east tho ...

Re: My Bad Experience At Emeka Offor Plaza Onitsha.. by Taryur3(m): 4:52pm On Jun 23, 2016
bsaying:
Today, i decided to go sell off my ipad 3 and ipad 2 which i didn't frequently use,the ipad 3 has a cracked screen and the ipad 2 was fully functional... so i headed out to emeka offor's plaza from my place in asaba, i was filled with so much enthusiasm and optimism even though today was my first day of selling a gadget in a market like that..
Upon my arrival to the market, just at the entrance, i met two boys who asked if i came to repair or sell, i told them i wanna sell, they said i should follow them, we got to a shop and they asked the guy if he was interested and the guy nodded and said he was, then they said lets go and check if the gadgets had faults, we got to another shop and the guy said he would check for the faults by scanning with a laptop, he said it was #20 for each faults the system detects, before he started the scan i told him i only had 900naira on me as my tfare back to asaba and didnt have much to pay for scan, he went ahead because he had a plan in mind, at the end of the scan for the two devices, the total price came out as 17980naira...Jesus Christ i screamed, he said, bros am done with the scan and repair, i was like which repair Immediately the whole boys started gathering and saying bros "give the engineer im money na"
My head was full, i was angry and felt cheated, knowing fully well he did nothing but just run a normal scan which i witnessed...
I continously begged the guy and the boys there,even with igbo language but to no avail, at the end of the day, the engineer who has been admiring my blackberry Z10 now said i should sell my bb Z10 to him for 10k and he will balance me 5k or i drop the two ipads and go to asaba and bring his 17k,they had already seized the two ipads and threatened to call market security, i ended up selling the bb Z10 which i had and went home with 5k and still didnt sell the two ipads.....
Am angry and making this thread from the bus on my way home...
Will i like to do business with an igbo man again?? No......
Op u are not a sharp man.I experienced the same thing with this same type of boys in that Plaza back then in 2012.my own case was n series nokia phone.I told them I want to sell my phone and 2 boys rushed me as flies rushed shits...they took me to the 3rd party that claimed to be engineer to check the phone if it's ok...he removed the battery and told me the battery is bad...I said never...my battery stayed full 3days after a full charge.as I noticed the type of guys they were,I asked him to giv back my phone but the idiot say never...that he already on his system to scan and repaired it.I said I dnt have anymoney to repair,am only selling this phone the stupid fraud continued and after he charged me 12k...that mtn...has charged him on his Internet with 12k...he showed me the fake screen shot.am just laughing and confused...his colleagues were shouting pay this guy now and collect your phone.am shaking my head for them dt they never know me.I have 2k...and I tot of going to barrack to beg an army man so that he will collect the 2k from me and follow me to have my fone and slapped this boys...about to go from there, I saw a mopol...am good in speaking some different kind of language so I believe any one I see I will speak there language...luckily the man is a yoruba man and I explained myself...he said go to the right side where those guys stayed while he stayed at the left side that once I get there he will cross and get them...o boy...most of them shouting pay the engineer money took to their heels and come and see how this mopol slapped the fake engineer 3 times...body just dey sweet me.the fool hand over my fone to me and am just full of laughter...lols..I gave him bad market.op u should have do same...thing...u be Maga for them now.sorry.

1 Like

Re: My Bad Experience At Emeka Offor Plaza Onitsha.. by baddyoosha: 4:52pm On Jun 23, 2016
bsaying:
No offence to igbos.... I wrote in anger... ...i totally apologize for victimizing all igbos for a bad experience with a few... The reason i later gave him my bb was because i had told him i wanted to sell the bb for 12grand,when the whole drama now started, he decided to price it for 10grand...and den decided to pay d 5k......the part of the story i didnt really add was that i went with the intention of selling the bb too... But wanted to sell the tabs first... My only hurt now is that he gave me 5k instead of the full payment for the bb..

op ur story isn't straight I guess that was why u never reached the market security/head..
u were intimidated on your own right and just left like that [b] who does that??
well with what u just posted now u can no longer do anything about it [/b]
Re: My Bad Experience At Emeka Offor Plaza Onitsha.. by dominique(f): 4:54pm On Jun 23, 2016
Next time you do necessary findings before going to such a place. If you flee from that market and go elsewhere, you will still be approached by touts regardless of tribe or location. You have to be smart enough to avoid being duped by anybody
Re: My Bad Experience At Emeka Offor Plaza Onitsha.. by Consiglier: 4:54pm On Jun 23, 2016
Op no pure at all. Who loses gadgets bought with their hard earned money this way?
Re: My Bad Experience At Emeka Offor Plaza Onitsha.. by ceejay91(m): 4:57pm On Jun 23, 2016
It's a pity bro.i had similar xperience some yrs back. I went to Emeka offor Plaza along with my friend. I went to buy phone (tecno S5 in mind) and my friend wanted to counter balance bt things took a different turn.

On dat day I was so excited dat i was going 2 hold a new gadget in my palm so many months afta I lost my previous one to armed robbers. On getting to Emeka offor Plaza, a guy ran to us and asked wht we need, knowing hw mischievous this boys can be we shuned him. On getting to anoda Lane, anoda guy came to us and asked what we want, he begged us to tell him that that's wher he gets his food from by bringing customers to shop owners and in turn get a commission from them. Out of pity, I decided to tell bt I said to myself dat I will be very careful and we set out to buy d phone. After buying d phone, d guy told me dat I needed to register d phone so dat if anything happens to it, I will be able to return it. I said to myself dat d guy just need a little gain cos I know ders ntin lyk dat and I agreed to go do d thing so I can pay d guy off. I parted way with my friend who had gone to do his bizness. When d got to d so call registration site, d guy said each kg that d system will take is 20naira. I said to myself dat d total money will nt exceed 500 bt it wasn't to be. My guy connected my phone to d system, went to search and asked me to call my imei number on d phone, d guy dat brought me and d first one dat met me were looking (in der mind, Maga don pay) after calling d number, d engineer wiped it and installed anti virus and open one mtn app in his laptop and asked me to wait 4 it to complete reading. I was looking at it when it got to 10000kg and I called d engineer knowing wht was going on at dat moment, I told him dat am coming from far place (Owerri) bt he told me to wait a bit dat if it's brought out dat moment, it will brick. When it got to 18200kg, d engineer told me dat my phone has been registered, dat he installed anti virus and has configured d phone (he thought am a novice), he then calculated my money and it was around 17 k and I should pay immediately so d phone won't brick due to excess whatever cos d phone was still connected to d system. I was speechless. That's whn I realized that I have entered. What will I do now was d next thing Goin through my mind. I decided to challenge them to tell them dat am nt a novice, in fact I even prove them wrong on some occasions, It helped calm dem down a bit. It was a long story anyway, I finally gave them 2k and went home with my phone.
Re: My Bad Experience At Emeka Offor Plaza Onitsha.. by Diplomaticbeing(m): 4:57pm On Jun 23, 2016
olaitoro:
op chai erie na gi.

hahahaha

Onitsha boys are not smiling,
op next time wise up and stop behaving like sissy when in business transaction.

Igbo Boys Movement IBM. proud of them.

Since when did an act of deceit and predatory become a definition of wiseness and business ingenuity? "Too clever by half attitude" is not a good thing. Should the OP decide to reinforce in whatever possible means he can and go back there to give those evil boys a dose of their own medicine, it's also someone like you that will start shouting a chorus like "other country tribes hate Igbos."

Excuse me, before you pick on me, note that I am a bona fide Igbo man. Honesty remains the best policy in business.

1 Like

Re: My Bad Experience At Emeka Offor Plaza Onitsha.. by khalhokage(m): 4:59pm On Jun 23, 2016
Biko don't blame Igbo people for your own stupidity, you went to sell a tablet and they 1st scan it? for what exactly? and you have to pay for the scans of the device you're selling? how did that make sense to you?

Oga next time use does things that are supposedly between your ears.
Re: My Bad Experience At Emeka Offor Plaza Onitsha.. by donhils: 5:02pm On Jun 23, 2016
michaelwilli:

And you'll spend notin mor dan 2k on the mopol. na im b say if dis guy com lagos, dem go chop im eye
Compared to his loss, 2k for Mopol would've been better.
Re: My Bad Experience At Emeka Offor Plaza Onitsha.. by bsaying(m): 5:04pm On Jun 23, 2016
sorepco:
Next time in such a situation just agreed that market security be called in. Infact note the shop number and go get market security!! Them go beg u. Mist of those guys r tout and security would ve deal with them.
Genuine bizmen will want those touts outta that plaza as they give the plaza a bad name.
But y wud u be so naive and say u wont do bz with them ipob youths??

Bros next time? Hmmmm... Anyway that next time will really be in a long time
Re: My Bad Experience At Emeka Offor Plaza Onitsha.. by FanYogo1(f): 5:07pm On Jun 23, 2016
obaino860:

dude,,,u control d business sectors,,,, yet brown roof is everywhere in your cities...try get some sense....

Enugu Abia Imo Anambra and Ebonyi have brown roofs. So what are you wailing about? grin
Re: My Bad Experience At Emeka Offor Plaza Onitsha.. by rman: 5:08pm On Jun 23, 2016
See majority of the comments of average Nigerians blaming the OP.

Instead of us to condem the criminals we started calling OP mumu , JJC etc.

IMO , OP has done nothing wrong..we form religiousity but majority will immediately take advantage of anyone that comes with an open mind.

I insist, our leaderhsip issues is a reflection of our value system.

Will the guys that cheated him would still not have made profit if they had bought or assited the OP genuinely?
Re: My Bad Experience At Emeka Offor Plaza Onitsha.. by donhils: 5:08pm On Jun 23, 2016
bsaying:

Next time i wanna do biz with an igbo man then i will go with two or three persons and if possible a police man
E be like say u be pepperless boy, those guys love dealing with them.
Re: My Bad Experience At Emeka Offor Plaza Onitsha.. by Psylas(m): 5:10pm On Jun 23, 2016
bsaying:
Today, i decided to go sell off my ipad 3 and ipad 2 which i didn't frequently use,the ipad 3 has a cracked screen and the ipad 2 was fully functional... so i headed out to emeka offor's plaza from my place in asaba, i was filled with so much enthusiasm and optimism even though today was my first day of selling a gadget in a market like that..
Upon my arrival to the market, just at the entrance, i met two boys who asked if i came to repair or sell, i told them i wanna sell, they said i should follow them, we got to a shop and they asked the guy if he was interested and the guy nodded and said he was, then they said lets go and check if the gadgets had faults, we got to another shop and the guy said he would check for the faults by scanning with a laptop, he said it was #20 for each faults the system detects, before he started the scan i told him i only had 900naira on me as my tfare back to asaba and didnt have much to pay for scan, he went ahead because he had a plan in mind, at the end of the scan for the two devices, the total price came out as 17980naira...Jesus Christ i screamed, he said, bros am done with the scan and repair, i was like which repair Immediately the whole boys started gathering and saying bros "give the engineer im money na"
My head was full, i was angry and felt cheated, knowing fully well he did nothing but just run a normal scan which i witnessed...
I continously begged the guy and the boys there,even with igbo language but to no avail, at the end of the day, the engineer who has been admiring my blackberry Z10 now said i should sell my bb Z10 to him for 10k and he will balance me 5k or i drop the two ipads and go to asaba and bring his 17k,they had already seized the two ipads and threatened to call market security, i ended up selling the bb Z10 which i had and went home with 5k and still didnt sell the two ipads.....
you are foolish and dumb for making it tribal, if na PH or Lagos you will lose everything there, Asaba is the Nigerian capital of fraud, don't a tribe for ya foolishness
Re: My Bad Experience At Emeka Offor Plaza Onitsha.. by obaino860: 5:11pm On Jun 23, 2016
FanYogo1:

Enugu Abia Imo Anambra and Ebonyi have brown roofs. So what are you wailing about? grin

show me d brown roof in Di's cities you called.
Re: My Bad Experience At Emeka Offor Plaza Onitsha.. by kizzyblazee: 5:12pm On Jun 23, 2016
This guys at Emeka offor also dealt with me last week, when I went to buy my Camon C8, they sold the fake one to me and thank God that same day I got to know, on reaching they have closed and the next day they open and I came I didn't see anybody again in the shop. My eye opennnn, my mouth no fit talk only one sales girl that I met. I bleeped up cus I called them before coming. So I went straight to the market management and complain and threatened calling my Army friends to tumble d shop. They(mgn.)finally resolved the issue. And u cannot believe that in same shop, they had the original one, the gal jus gave me and I added up. It so much pained me that I said, why didn't they are tell me to choose BTW original and fake, so that whichever choice I made leaves with me. Emeka offor na touts full their.
Re: My Bad Experience At Emeka Offor Plaza Onitsha.. by Sylvester70(m): 5:14pm On Jun 23, 2016
op there is a saying that says "that the wisest business man in other places is a fool in aba.(aba&onitsha are trade minded)op well i hope u learnt ur lesson
Re: My Bad Experience At Emeka Offor Plaza Onitsha.. by ariyoola(m): 5:14pm On Jun 23, 2016
bsaying:

o boy u be mumu ooo........buh next tym shine ur face wella...i drop mai pen
Re: My Bad Experience At Emeka Offor Plaza Onitsha.. by FanYogo1(f): 5:14pm On Jun 23, 2016
obaino860:

show me d brown roof in Di's cities you called.

Just check out Phyno's Connect video. You go see dem galore.
Lol you guys can lie sha.
Re: My Bad Experience At Emeka Offor Plaza Onitsha.. by selfmade22: 5:15pm On Jun 23, 2016
only to love-vendor my new itel 1505, cost me 8k, u can imagine
Re: My Bad Experience At Emeka Offor Plaza Onitsha.. by LKO(m): 5:15pm On Jun 23, 2016
gustav25:
Look at this man coming to diss the Igbo man ...werey ...
.you were a jjc and the gave you the jjc treatment which is attainable anywhere even in warri .....next time don't do street business if you are not street wise or you go with some one who has street credibility and stop complaining like a little bitch and pointing fingers.

And for the fanyogo modafucka saying rubbish with his amala face ,even in Alaba and computer village they do it also so stop displaying excess stupidity in public international glare

I recall vividly when I was still a market noob and usually fall prey to the predators of the market that have no shops but will ask you if you want to buy or sale stuffs until I decided to study the market very well.......so stop wailing and find a way to recover your phone if truly u didn't steal it

U must b criminally inclined and u will meet ur end soon unless u change ur way. It is ur Igbo brothers that are still defrauding people in Warri in the name of business. Go to plaza in Deco Road, Na ur people.
Re: My Bad Experience At Emeka Offor Plaza Onitsha.. by Malawian(m): 5:15pm On Jun 23, 2016
something that you could have dialed a number and pretend you are calling someone important. make it look real, like, go outside and check the shop number and be talking it into the dead phone and other stuff, watch as they touts will all find their square roots one after the other.

OP, you should not feel bad, they just disvirgined you today. now your eyes do "open" cheesy cheesy
thank them later.

1 Like

Re: My Bad Experience At Emeka Offor Plaza Onitsha.. by 8BitGee(m): 5:17pm On Jun 23, 2016
Biafräud will do anything for money including use their aged parents for money rituals!
Re: My Bad Experience At Emeka Offor Plaza Onitsha.. by highwayson: 5:19pm On Jun 23, 2016
They can only scam you at Emeka Offor plaza if you are new there. Anytime you have issues there, just ask for the office of the security there and lay your complain. It will be settled in your favour. Meanwhile people are looking for iPad to buy and you went to Emeka Offor. That's not the only place to sell your IPad.
Re: My Bad Experience At Emeka Offor Plaza Onitsha.. by Baroba(m): 5:20pm On Jun 23, 2016
rman:
See majority of the comments of average Nigerians blaming the OP.

Instead of us to condem the criminals we started calling OP mumu , JJC etc.

IMO , OP has done nothing wrong..we form religiousity but majority will immediately take advantage of anyone that comes with an open mind.

I insist, our leaderhsip issues is a reflection of our value system.

Will the guys that cheated him would still not have made profit if they had bought or assited the OP genuinely?

The typical Nigerian mentality, blame the victim, you wander why this country is full of rogues..

OP sorry bro, next time seek a reputable store or go with someone who knows the area you intend to sell your stuff..
Re: My Bad Experience At Emeka Offor Plaza Onitsha.. by samuelezeja(m): 5:21pm On Jun 23, 2016
the only advice that I will give you is any time you went there again, go direct to a shop, don't let anybody to follow you, if you had look up, you might have seen a bill board that gives instructions.
Re: My Bad Experience At Emeka Offor Plaza Onitsha.. by TrollTrap: 5:21pm On Jun 23, 2016
ceejay91:
It's a pity bro.i had similar xperience some yrs back. I went to Emeka offor Plaza along with my friend. I went to buy phone (tecno S5 in mind) and my friend wanted to counter balance bt things took a different turn.

On dat day I was so excited dat i was going 2 hold a new gadget in my palm so many months afta I lost my previous one to armed robbers. On getting to Emeka offor Plaza, a guy ran to us and asked wht we need, knowing hw mischievous this boys can be we shuned him. On getting to anoda Lane, anoda guy came to us and asked what we want, he begged us to tell him that that's wher he gets his food from by bringing customers to shop owners and in turn get a commission from them. Out of pity, I decided to tell bt I said to myself dat I will be very careful and we set out to buy d phone. After buying d phone, d guy told me dat I needed to register d phone so dat if anything happens to it, I will be able to return it. I said to myself dat d guy just need a little gain cos I know ders ntin lyk dat and I agreed to go do d thing so I can pay d guy off. I parted way with my friend who had gone to do his bizness. When d got to d so call registration site, d guy said each kg that d system will take is 20naira. I said to myself dat d total money will nt exceed 500 bt it wasn't to be. My guy connected my phone to d system, went to search and asked me to call my imei number on d phone, d guy dat brought me and d first one dat met me were looking (in der mind, Maga don pay) after calling d number, d engineer wiped it and installed anti virus and open one mtn app in his laptop and asked me to wait 4 it to complete reading. I was looking at it when it got to 10000kg and I called d engineer knowing wht was going on at dat moment, I told him dat am coming from far place (Owerri) bt he told me to wait a bit dat if it's brought out dat moment, it will brick. When it got to 18200kg, d engineer told me dat my phone has been registered, dat he installed anti virus and has configured d phone (he thought am a novice), he then calculated my money and it was around 17 k and I should pay immediately so d phone won't brick due to excess whatever cos d phone was still connected to d system. I was speechless. That's whn I realized that I have entered. What will I do now was d next thing Goin through my mind. I decided to challenge them to tell them dat am nt a novice, in fact I even prove them wrong on some occasions, It helped calm dem down a bit. It was a long story anyway, I finally gave them 2k and went home with my phone.

Wise man....you showed them you weren't a novice and still gave them 2k?

1 Like

Re: My Bad Experience At Emeka Offor Plaza Onitsha.. by obaino860: 5:22pm On Jun 23, 2016
bsaying:

you are a complete thief,you stole those phone...and you think you can easy sell it...the people knows that you stole d phones DAT is y da Jobbed you.... if not y are you afraid of d security.....if you want us to believe you snap and post d receipt of d phones let's see......dude..,you are simply a tribal bigot

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Lady destroys iPhone 7+ because her boyfriend refused to buy her iPhone XS Max. / New Whatsapp Privacy Policy - What It Really Means For Users / Xiaomi Redmi Note 8 Vs Note 8 Pro & Camon 12 Pro + Camera Samples

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 107
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.