Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,168,895 members, 7,872,924 topics. Date: Thursday, 27 June 2024 at 04:30 AM

My Bad Experience At Emeka Offor Plaza Onitsha.. - Phones (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / My Bad Experience At Emeka Offor Plaza Onitsha.. (37160 Views)

Google Rolls Out Free Wi-fi In Nigeria's City Of Onitsha & Others / My Bad Experience Using An Itel Phone / Emeka Oparah Of Airtel Visits 4-Year-Old Boy Whose Eyes Were Plucked (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: My Bad Experience At Emeka Offor Plaza Onitsha.. by DBlackCeazer(m): 6:43pm On Jun 23, 2016
HopeAlive14:
People can't just be losing their valuables and joy like that.

The authorities in that market should do something to curb this menace; otherwise the market will continue to have a "bad" name.
from Alaba to computer village and Ladipo, there is a market union,but these urchins ve been left to swindle people of their hard earned money.Its just sad.

2 Likes

Re: My Bad Experience At Emeka Offor Plaza Onitsha.. by Metallurgist: 6:45pm On Jun 23, 2016
kenchop:
PMB NOT THE ONLY DULLARD IN TOWN. PADDY YOU DULL !!!!!!!!! angry angry angry angry angry
I wonder whether IBO's have an iota of morality, to trick and cheat in your own sense is called wisdom shamw

1 Like

Re: My Bad Experience At Emeka Offor Plaza Onitsha.. by willibounce1(m): 6:46pm On Jun 23, 2016
bsaying:
Today, i decided to go sell off my ipad 3 and ipad 2 which i didn't frequently use,the ipad 3 has a cracked screen and the ipad 2 was fully functional... so i headed out to emeka offor's plaza from my place in asaba, i was filled with so much enthusiasm and optimism even though today was my first day of selling a gadget in a market like that..
Upon my arrival to the market, just at the entrance, i met two boys who asked if i came to repair or sell, i told them i wanna sell, they said i should follow them, we got to a shop and they asked the guy if he was interested and the guy nodded and said he was, then they said lets go and check if the gadgets had faults, we got to another shop and the guy said he would check for the faults by scanning with a laptop, he said it was #20 for each faults the system detects, before he started the scan i told him i only had 900naira on me as my tfare back to asaba and didnt have much to pay for scan, he went ahead because he had a plan in mind, at the end of the scan for the two devices, the total price came out as 17980naira...Jesus Christ i screamed, he said, bros am done with the scan and repair, i was like which repair Immediately the whole boys started gathering and saying bros "give the engineer im money na"
My head was full, i was angry and felt cheated, knowing fully well he did nothing but just run a normal scan which i witnessed...
I continously begged the guy and the boys there,even with igbo language but to no avail, at the end of the day, the engineer who has been admiring my blackberry Z10 now said i should sell my bb Z10 to him for 10k and he will balance me 5k or i drop the two ipads and go to asaba and bring his 17k,they had already seized the two ipads and threatened to call market security, i ended up selling the bb Z10 which i had and went home with 5k and still didnt sell the two ipads.....
Am angry and making this thread from the bus on my way home...
Will i like to do business with an igbo man again?? No......

Chai! At least others will learn and people will understand that there are wicked people everywhere irrespective of tribe.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: My Bad Experience At Emeka Offor Plaza Onitsha.. by Coldsteel(m): 6:46pm On Jun 23, 2016
genxris:

It's not funny and nothing worth to be proud of. A innocent person was robbed in broad daylight by trick and you are praising Igbo boys , I'm Igbo and I don't support such craziness ( okwa otua Kanyi Ge si ebi nime Biafra o wu).
Sorry for your experience poster and l hope everyone learns from it and spread the word to everyone you know so they don't fall victim.
Bro,don't be quick to tag someone innocent.The mere fact that he wasn't even sure of the working status of his presumed mobile prior to their meeting or the speed at which he scampered off at the mention of the security meant to protect his interest should tell you something.Those guys aren't fools themselves.I might be wrong though but all blame is on him.No apologies..
Re: My Bad Experience At Emeka Offor Plaza Onitsha.. by DBlackCeazer(m): 6:50pm On Jun 23, 2016
FanYogo1:

Ibo Union.....made to rob innocent Nigerians
my mum is Ibo,but my experiences with a lot of igbo peeps gets me really upset.That doesn't mean I hate them tho.
Re: My Bad Experience At Emeka Offor Plaza Onitsha.. by Psylas(m): 6:54pm On Jun 23, 2016
LKO:

So naija na Niger state right? Ur father should be shot dead already for bringing u into existence. Ur father na ewu.
I know your father at Ama-hausa, he used to chase small small girls/prostitutes, son of a damned BIT.CH

dumb-ass I don't have time for kids,

I'LL DIRECT YOU TO MY PUPPIES

1 Share

Re: My Bad Experience At Emeka Offor Plaza Onitsha.. by obaino860: 6:55pm On Jun 23, 2016
FanYogo1:

Look at this foolish raga muffin, are you saying he SE cities don't have brown roof? Why do you lots lie as if we Yorubas don't do NYSC in Iboland? cheesy Is Akwa the only city in Iboland?

As usual, they use the same location wey no get urban planning cheesy

Enugu

hahahahaha.....DAT is just a video DAT can not be attested on where it is been shot....
minus lagos ,no SW state have a city wat you guys have are slums of brown road.....not just a place but everywhere where....like I said,I can show you 1000 pics of SW brown roof cities

1 Like 1 Share

Re: My Bad Experience At Emeka Offor Plaza Onitsha.. by SosaHD(m): 7:12pm On Jun 23, 2016
[quote author=bsaying post=46852251]Today, i decided to go sell off my ipad 3 and ipad 2 which i didn't frequently use,the ipad 3 has a cracked screen and the ipad 2 was fully functional... so i headed out to emeka offor's plaza from my place in asaba, i was filled with so much enthusiasm and optimism even though today was my first day of selling a gadget in a market like that..
Upon my arrival to the market, just at the entrance, i met two boys who asked if i came to repair or sell, i told them i wanna sell, they said i should follow them, we got to a shop and they asked the guy if he was interested and the guy nodded and said he was, then they said lets go and check if the gadgets had faults, we got to another shop and the guy said he would check for the faults by scanning with a laptop, he said it was #20 for each faults the system detects, before he started the scan i told him i only had 900naira on me as my tfare back to asaba and didnt have much to pay for scan, he went ahead because he had a plan in mind, at the end of the scan for the two devices, the total price came out as 17980naira...Jesus Christ i screamed, he said, bros am done with the scan and repair, i was like which repair Immediately the whole boys started gathering and saying bros "give the engineer im money na"
My head was full, i was angry and felt cheated, knowing fully well he did nothing but just run a normal scan which i witnessed...
I continously begged the guy and the boys there,even with igbo language but to no avail, at the end of the day, the engineer who has been admiring my blackberry Z10 now said i should sell my bb Z10 to him for 10k and he will balance me 5k or i drop the two ipads and go to asaba and bring his 17k,they had already seized the two ipads and threatened to call market security, i ended up selling the bb Z10 which i had and went home with 5k and still didnt sell the two ipads.....

If u still want your phone back
Go there tomorrow with mopol
Wen una reach there tell the guy to give your phone with boldness and then let the mopol or army man do his work
Re: My Bad Experience At Emeka Offor Plaza Onitsha.. by FanYogo1(f): 7:14pm On Jun 23, 2016
DBlackCeazer:
my mum is Ibo,but my experiences with a lot of igbo peeps gets me really upset.That doesn't mean I hate them tho.

Simply don't do businesses with them. we have many SSners, Yorubas and Hausa business owners.
Re: My Bad Experience At Emeka Offor Plaza Onitsha.. by Nobody: 7:20pm On Jun 23, 2016
All u should have done is climb up stairs, 3rd floor, and report to their security office and ur case would have been resolved amicable in ur favour, 9 out of 10 times their security resolves disputes in customer's favour, truth is you got conned, I have been told this same bullshit, but they realised the madness in me was greater, take heart, they simply capitalised on ur cool headedness and ignorance, I have been doing business there for years without fear cis I know where to take it to should any issue arise.
bsaying:
Today, i decided to go sell off my ipad 3 and ipad 2 which i didn't frequently use,the ipad 3 has a cracked screen and the ipad 2 was fully functional... so i headed out to emeka offor's plaza from my place in asaba, i was filled with so much enthusiasm and optimism even though today was my first day of selling a gadget in a market like that..
Re: My Bad Experience At Emeka Offor Plaza Onitsha.. by bigfrancis21: 7:31pm On Jun 23, 2016
BADNEAT:
you be mumu I swear....similar thing happened to me during my school days,at douglas market...I bought a shoe...next thing the guy I bought the shoe from said I should follow him to a guy that will pin the sole for me...I jejely followed oo...d agbero boy begin knack pin inside my new shoe left and right...after everything eem tell me say my money na 2 k....for shoe wey I buy 3k5...niqqa seized my shoes oo...that until I pay eem money...I no even look am...na,de guy wey I buy d shoe I face....*ya wuru ma mu ejighi shoe a puo ebe a, iga ere ahia nke ds month n'ime cell oo......*if I don't leave here with this shoe,you go sell this month's market for inside police cell* the guy feel say I de joke...I leave them with the shoes begin comot....na race dm run come meet me with d shoe

I can relate to this! Lol! I grew up in Owerri during my childhood days and did my NYSC there before leaving for the US in 2013. I am familiar with Eke Ukwu market. Whenever I bought shoes there at Eke Ukwu market, as usual the 'pin' boys would try to hustle me to hit pins into my shoes for N50 per pin. Before they start, I would sternly warn them that I am paying N10 for each pin they would hit in, or else I would give it to the a.boki near my house who does it for N5 (na wash o, no a.boki dey near my house. lol). 98% of the time they would agree and just get to work immediately in silence, when they consider losing me (at least N100 from 10 pins into both shoes) to someone else who would do it cheaper. From the way I talk to them, they would immediately know I am experienced at the market and not a JJC.

bsaying:

This is not about Igbo or not. Crooks are everywhere and know no tribe nor race. You just have to smarten up. Being smart does not end in being book smart, you also have to be street smart to survive in the real world. My mom would always say that 'akonuche' is something you must have to have to survive in the world, and your teachers would never teach you that in school. School smartness (academic excellence) is totally different from street smartness (knowing how to navigate yourself through in the world). There is always that first time when you would be cheated, and it is those incidents that make you smarter. I've been cheated before, not once, not twice, when I was in secondary school and I've learned ALOT from those experiences since then.

Also, next time before you venture into somewhere you've never been to before, ALWAYS ask questions first from those who have been there before, to best guide you. When I was in Owerri, each time I was going to Eke Ukwu market to buy something I had never bought before, I would always ask my friends around the regular price for that thing to avoid being overcharged for it when I get there. Believe me, those business people have strong senses and can tell if you are a first timer or if you are a regular visitor. If I'm unable to find anybody who knows, I'd still go to the market but before I get to the area where the item is being sold, I would stop at a shop (of someone who doesn't sell that item) not too far from the item area and ask the person there how much that item is usually sold (the market people know the regular price of almost all items sold in that market and they would readily tell you how much and how to avoid being overcharged. Since that person does not sell that item, they would just tell you the truth about the price since they stand to gain nothing). This had always helped me maneuver my way through major markets in Owerri.

One time I made the mistake of going to Eke Ukwu to buy white trainers without first verifying how much it was and I overpaid by N1,800 over the regular price of it. I got to the market, entered a shop and tried out the shoes and liked them. From my body language, the seller noticed immediately that I was a JJC at buying the white trainers shoes, and when I asked him how much they were he asked me to price them myself instead (knowing that I do not know the regular price, thus I may overprice it. If I under price, he would just tell me the actual price or higher. If I overprice, he would accept my price, thus it's a win-win for him), and I priced the shoes N3,000 (which were actually N1,200) and he hesitated a little and then asked me to pay (they hesitate to prevent you from knowing you've been overcharged). On leaving the shop, my senses felt that I had been cheated and I was determined to know by how much I overpaid. I walked into a nearby shop of a non-shoe seller and asked him how much those shoes I had in hand cost, and he told me N1,200. Damn. And, I could not return them for a reason (I don't remember why) and that was it.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: My Bad Experience At Emeka Offor Plaza Onitsha.. by passyhansome(m): 7:33pm On Jun 23, 2016
Wonder why we are always insensitive to one another, what they did to that dude was very wrong. Instead of critizng or castigating a victim it shows how frivolous and inhumane so of us could be. Bro take heart such is life "Experience they say is the best teacher".
Re: My Bad Experience At Emeka Offor Plaza Onitsha.. by bigfrancis21: 7:37pm On Jun 23, 2016
bsaying:
No offence to igbos.... I wrote in anger... ...i totally apologize for victimizing all igbos for a bad experience with a few... The reason i later gave him my bb was because i had told him i wanted to sell the bb for 12grand,when the whole drama now started, he decided to price it for 10grand...and den decided to pay d 5k......the part of the story i didnt really add was that i went with the intention of selling the bb too... But wanted to sell the tabs first... My only hurt now is that he gave me 5k instead of the full payment for the bb..

Where are you from? What's your tribe?
Re: My Bad Experience At Emeka Offor Plaza Onitsha.. by Bathnover: 7:38pm On Jun 23, 2016
Sorry brother. Next time wise up. Okporo eyes no be open eyes. If u don't do business with Igbo man, who are you gonna do business with? Mallam?
Re: My Bad Experience At Emeka Offor Plaza Onitsha.. by FanYogo1(f): 7:40pm On Jun 23, 2016
Re: My Bad Experience At Emeka Offor Plaza Onitsha.. by Bbklopsy: 7:44pm On Jun 23, 2016
next time follow dem hold ground

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Why People Are Excited About The Return Of The Reliable Nokia 3310 / Lady destroys iPhone 7+ because her boyfriend refused to buy her iPhone XS Max. / How To Remove Security Plugin Completely On Android Phone

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 85
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.