Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,181,876 members, 7,915,512 topics. Date: Friday, 09 August 2024 at 05:00 AM

President Buhari, Ndigbo And The Politics Of Hate - Chris Chukwubuzor Azuka - Politics (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / President Buhari, Ndigbo And The Politics Of Hate - Chris Chukwubuzor Azuka (34403 Views)

Independence Peace Rally In Awka By Arewa, Ndigbo And Yoruba (Photos) / Cow Named Buhari: Ndigbo STOP Taunting The North Because It Will Backfire / Something Strange Is Happening In The Southwest - Azuka Onwuka (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: President Buhari, Ndigbo And The Politics Of Hate - Chris Chukwubuzor Azuka by Chigold101(m): 7:29pm On Jun 26, 2016
einst3in:
Very very spot on Op. Greed and quest for quick wealth is what has bedeviled the ibo nation. The hatred is so blinding that they forget that foreign affairs, Commerce science and technology, petroleum, the CBN, Amcon, debt management, budget office and other strategic position that forbears the Nigerian economy are being managed by the Ibos. Ipob youths, think for ur selves. In fact all Nigerians should have an open mind.
i seriously agree with u. GREED & QUICK WEALTH is the problem of Ndigbo.
But why is it difficult to let them go and kill one another?
Why is Nigeria still allowing them to be in the union?
To avoid being dragged into the criminal activities of Ndi igbo, the best thing is to let them gooooooo!

2 Likes

Re: President Buhari, Ndigbo And The Politics Of Hate - Chris Chukwubuzor Azuka by dbestuncle: 7:30pm On Jun 26, 2016
CltrAltDel:
LIE! … LIE!! …. LIES!!!…… ALL LIES!!!
The writer is Yoruba - lost sons of Uganda aka Ipoo yoot
grin grin grin grin grin grin
y

how is the man Yoruba? I hate it when u try to twist tins. I dnt knw y Igbo man will write DAT. he deserve banishment
Re: President Buhari, Ndigbo And The Politics Of Hate - Chris Chukwubuzor Azuka by einst3in: 7:31pm On Jun 26, 2016
Iceberg3:

whats the connection now between greed and quest for quick wealth and whatever the op is tryna say? You must talk,even if u hav'to talk thru ur anus. grin
connect the dots dear. Who do you think is behind TAN, who do you know is owing AMCON the most money without being able to repay. Wat did he do wit such money. What do you think was his end game had GEJ won. Again connect the dots.
Re: President Buhari, Ndigbo And The Politics Of Hate - Chris Chukwubuzor Azuka by kutchs: 7:33pm On Jun 26, 2016
Handsomecole:

Oga do your research well, it was PDP's zonning issue which Jonathan went against that led to the Boko Haram.
Really?
Tell me more bro.
If this is true, does it not lend credence to the popularly held belief that boko haram was created to make Nigeria ungovernable for Jonathan?
Where was this zoning formulae when balarabe musa contested against Obasanjo in 2003? If he had won the PDP primaries would the party had stopped him?
Re: President Buhari, Ndigbo And The Politics Of Hate - Chris Chukwubuzor Azuka by onenaira60: 7:34pm On Jun 26, 2016
Ioannes:

to keep replying you is to descend to your level.

something tells me that you were born in the late 90s or u are a millennial baby, 2000 and above.

we are talking about your son who spent 6years as a democratically elected president, you are busy asking me about a Fulani man. you see why I'm asking for your age?

when even your own leaders constantly rape your land and strip you of all indignities so much so that you have to run to the SW to earn a living, you would still blame Buhari.

heck! what am I even doing... this is futile. am outta here.

I didn't ask you for crap back trailing. As usual, when can't defend the dullard they descend to called GEJ

We are not talking about GEJ, we talking about leaders in the FG government.

I asked WHAT DID BUHARI DO FOR IGBO DURING HIS YEARs AS PTF leader?

Last I checked PTF isn't a regional thing but national therefore as the leader of that administration for years what impact did any Igbo land benefit from buhari?

Why should we support a man that always demonstrated hatred to igbo from all his years in politics.

1 Like

Re: President Buhari, Ndigbo And The Politics Of Hate - Chris Chukwubuzor Azuka by RickyTan: 7:37pm On Jun 26, 2016
Pesuzok:

Why does SE want to leave with SS, why not leave alone, why rope in SS

FYI - Nigeria drew an imaginary line/ border between Imo State and Rivers State because of OIL Politics. The people are the same - IGBOS.
Same thing with the imaginary lines btw Abia and Rivers. Northern Delta State is IGBO too. That is why you hear people say SS/SE.

That said, this author is entitled to his own opinion. That's all this thrash he wrote is - his own opinion. Idiots like him will forever have no influence in the land of the Rising Sun.

IGBO Nation have industrialists and Industrial centers like Nnewi and Aba. Igbos have Mega markets like Onitsha - biggest market in West Africa and have a long history of trading and business excellence even from the time of KING JAJA of OPOBO. Igbos trade in Cameroon, Lagos, Kano and all over Africa, and this iDiot cannot change that reality.

IGBOS are Industrious and successful

MY TAKE IS that Actions speak louder than words[b][/b]

Buhari's appointments as President has annoyed the Igbo Nation and fueled talk of his hatred of IGBOS. Besides kachikwu - Petroleum and a few others positions, everything - all strategic positions have gone North. This precedent is unhealthy for Nigeria.

If Buhari can complete the Second Niger Bridge and a few other projects in the LAND of the RISING SUN, he will have DEMONSTRATED he indeed does not hate the IGBO NATION

That way history will judge him right
Re: President Buhari, Ndigbo And The Politics Of Hate - Chris Chukwubuzor Azuka by willibounce1(m): 7:38pm On Jun 26, 2016
Chigold101:
To avoid being dragged into the criminal activities of Ndi igbo, the best thing is to let them gooooooo!

They are not going anywhere. They have to stay and learn how to leave peacefully with others. Some have learnt, some are learning and the stubborn ones will learn. It will take time and a lot of exposure, but they'll learn. Most of the ppl groaning are the village champions who have not learned how to love and live with people.

3 Likes

Re: President Buhari, Ndigbo And The Politics Of Hate - Chris Chukwubuzor Azuka by onenaira60: 7:40pm On Jun 26, 2016
willibounce1:

Then stay in your village and stop groaning about others who are making progress. Still wondering which idiot told you guys the lies of anybody taking your money after the rubbish Biafra war. Which money did you have that was taken? Always bringing up fallacious stories to defend your unnecessary hatred. Which of your father's properties was taken. Even wretched and hopeless igbos will come on NL to claim they lost properties they wished they had . How many igbos outside of igbo land has claimed that their property was taken from them aside from the usual biafra lies. Stay in your village and continue to fume.

First of all, my family actually lost properties during the abandoned property saga **** My grandfather's house in Lagos till date is not woth my family and when my grandmother back in day went to reclaim, she never was allowed. I've talked about that shit many times on NL ****

Second of all, the 20 pounds policy no matter how much more the person has in bank is what? Na Chinese una do am to****?

As I said any Igbo that did not learn from his history is bound to feel the impact of that same history. so as I said that Abuja owning business guy is a complete, bona-fide EDIOT!!!!
Re: President Buhari, Ndigbo And The Politics Of Hate - Chris Chukwubuzor Azuka by onenaira60: 7:42pm On Jun 26, 2016
Chigold101:

GBAm!!!!!!
Biko help me ask am oooo
Re: President Buhari, Ndigbo And The Politics Of Hate - Chris Chukwubuzor Azuka by Bruteforce101: 7:42pm On Jun 26, 2016
It is very easy to win election in Ibo land. Just tell them Yoruba is the cause of there own problem or you love biafra, also tell them you hate Muslim, Hausa and Yoruba. They will vote for you and even protest for you.

2 Likes

Re: President Buhari, Ndigbo And The Politics Of Hate - Chris Chukwubuzor Azuka by CltrAltDel: 7:43pm On Jun 26, 2016
Iceberg3:

[s]
hahaha..who has knocked this old man off his feet now that hes now confused and wobbling?
grin
[/s]
Re: President Buhari, Ndigbo And The Politics Of Hate - Chris Chukwubuzor Azuka by onenaira60: 7:43pm On Jun 26, 2016
Chigold101:

GBAM!!!!!!!
Biko help me ask am oooo

Let us take our greed and quick wealth and go over the saints can be by themselves.
Re: President Buhari, Ndigbo And The Politics Of Hate - Chris Chukwubuzor Azuka by phreakabit(m): 7:44pm On Jun 26, 2016
The animal even put him email make APC reach out to his poverty stricken thirsty azs.
Fool I hope someone spams the hell out of your email, slowpoke.

1 Like

Re: President Buhari, Ndigbo And The Politics Of Hate - Chris Chukwubuzor Azuka by Iceberg3: 7:51pm On Jun 26, 2016
einst3in:
connect the dots dear. Who do you think is behind TAN, who do you know is owing AMCON the most money without being able to repay. Wat did he do wit such money. What do you think was his end game had GEJ won. Again connect the dots.

u are still spewing thrash,is he igbo,is bayelsa igbo? Pls quit this unreasonable and baseless barderdash
Re: President Buhari, Ndigbo And The Politics Of Hate - Chris Chukwubuzor Azuka by NovusHomo(m): 7:55pm On Jun 26, 2016
Chigold101:

So, who's holding them back?
Re: President Buhari, Ndigbo And The Politics Of Hate - Chris Chukwubuzor Azuka by reigningwisdom: 7:55pm On Jun 26, 2016
Judging from the name of the author of this article, one can say that the writer isn't an Igbo, but a wanna be or a mercenery who is lo
oking for a cheap way to make money politically or a mischievous Nigerian who indulge in political and tribal assassination of Ndigbo. The writer is an enemy of Nigeria by publishing an article that can lead to violence which can cost someone's life somewhere within the Nigerian state, eg, the northern part of the country where a little thing can cause death of a fellow or more Nigerians.

1 Like

Re: President Buhari, Ndigbo And The Politics Of Hate - Chris Chukwubuzor Azuka by Pesuzok(m): 7:59pm On Jun 26, 2016
RickyTan:

FYI - Nigeria drew an imaginary line/ border between Imo State and Rivers State because of OIL Politics. The people are the same - IGBOS.
Same thing with the imaginary lines btw Abia and Rivers. Northern Delta State is IGBO too. That is why you hear people say SS/SE.

That said, this author is entitled to his own opinion. That's all this thrash he wrote is - his own opinion. Idiots like him will forever have no influence in the land of the Rising Sun.

IGBO Nation have industrialists and Industrial centers like Nnewi and Aba. Igbos have Mega markets like Onitsha - biggest market in West Africa and have a long history of trading and business excellence even from the time of KING JAJA of OPOBO. Igbos trade in Cameroon, Lagos, Kano and all over Africa, and this iDiot cannot change that reality.

IGBOS are Industrious and successful

MY TAKE IS that Actions speak louder than words[/b]

Buhari's appointments as President has annoyed the Igbo Nation and fueled talk of his hatred of IGBOS. [b]Besides kachikwu - Petroleum and a few others positions, everything - all strategic positions have gone North
. This precedent is unhealthy for Nigeria.

If Buhari can complete the Second Niger Bridge and a few other projects in the LAND of the RISING SUN, he will have DEMONSTRATED he indeed does not hate the IGBO NATION

That way history will judge him right

I really like your reasoning. First, which positions were igbos holding during GEJ that has been lost? Which positions have been given to the SW?

What we have to do now is support the government and criticize it when neccesaary so that we can achieve some developments like the ones you have just mentioned. The Igbos cannot continue hating the government and think that would bring development. I weep when I see comments on facebook, The level of hatred the igbos have for SW and northerners, even fellow igbos that have a different view is alarming.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: President Buhari, Ndigbo And The Politics Of Hate - Chris Chukwubuzor Azuka by ndcide(m): 8:00pm On Jun 26, 2016
Handsomecole:

GEJ was a puppet entangled with corrupt individuals who ruined our nation, that's what sank GEJ. The "Strong statement that put us Igbos in deeper political mess.

I've made my point. If you are Igbo and you truly think like this, it's left for you and your people. Politics and tends change. This present political wind will pass. If they change because of emotional blackmail, they'll miss it.

GEJ have done his bit amidst hostile political environment. If others can't do their own without dragging him along, then they have failed.
Re: President Buhari, Ndigbo And The Politics Of Hate - Chris Chukwubuzor Azuka by optimismlaz(m): 8:01pm On Jun 26, 2016
Attention seeking write up. Guy you need education on the Nigerian politics. I don't blame you by the way because there is hunger in the Land everyone is seeking attention for survival.
Re: President Buhari, Ndigbo And The Politics Of Hate - Chris Chukwubuzor Azuka by BABANGBALI: 8:01pm On Jun 26, 2016
inquisitiv:
Once again I will comment on this post so other Nigerians will not believe all igbos support corruption. I am a full blooded igbo and this writer is spot on. He is very correct in his analysis.

The average igbo politician is one greedy creature, accomplishments are the number of houses he built. This disease is so deep that even the youth of the community points to him as haaving been blessed by God since he won election.

I have lived and worked in SE, SS, SW, NC and NE of this country. Every regionhas their corrupt leaders but the difference is that SW will tell their own thieves to their face that they are thieves. My brothers in SE will celebrate the loot and call the thieve 'our son'.

This is a disgrace.

Not in my name!

Goodluck was adopted because of the access of igbo leaders to Dollars. No principle, no strategy. Look at SE states and observe how leadershipwas transferred. Except for anambra others were handed over to people worse than their predecessors. Compare with Lagos where it is obvious that their is a list somewhere of competent managers who are thrown up to lead the state. What we have in the SE is politics of business. where the biggest moneybag buys the office.

As usual once I write some unexposed people will start questioning my igboness. you need to mix up.

The lastest shame is when cases of morals are in court eg forgery, the defense is that 'our son is being persecuted'. this is disgraceful

Not in my name. I am a proud igbo boy. I dont condone fraud.
I wish all Nigerians think like you. God bless you and your entire generation
Re: President Buhari, Ndigbo And The Politics Of Hate - Chris Chukwubuzor Azuka by MyX1: 8:02pm On Jun 26, 2016
[quote author=EMMAUGOH post=46949190]My brothers from the east celebrating this write up are indeed ignorant and are those that can never learn in their Lives.
I have heard many things about ndi Igbo greediness but when I look back into Nigeria history all I see is people from Northern Nigeria and from other tribes looting Nigeria dry but will be pointing the other hand at Ndi Igbo. Since 1967 to date how many igbo leaders has emerged leaders in this country..None, but where is Nigeria Today.. The propaganda is really working, If we are to blame the woes of Nigeria in PdP 16yrs of leadership, what about other years when it was the most righteous people in Nigeria was in Power.

Let me ask u a question? How many people from South east has been indicted in Dansuki saga, then calculate how many from North, West and South. But every hand is pointing at Ndi-igbo as those that are sponsoring corruption in this country.

Abacha looted this country dry in his regime, how many northerners has come to blame Abacha. Even ur president said Abacha never stole yet his looted funds are been return from year to year.

I won't tell u guys to stop, what I want to say is this. Buhari keeping Nnamdi Kanu in prison is a big shame to the people in South east, A very Big shame to us. We assume ourselves as our problem whereas our problem is controlling us .

When agitation for Biafra started last year, what event caused it. Was it not the illegal arrest of Nnamdi kanu that made many igbo youth to stage protest at streets and when his release was far off, it now resulted from state to state protest. But if u ask some people here they would tell u is because of Goodluck jonathan did not win election, who the hell is Goodluck when we all know he did nothing for ndi igbo.

I would tell u guys again, the nothern propaganda is really working. Tommorow armies might attack igbo people and call them rebels. Majority of those gotten by the propaganda would fully believe because they believe Buhari is a saint and never need to be questi Igbos Are Criminals But Full List
Of Nigeria Treasury Looters Will Shock You. Following President Mohammadu Buhari’s
probing of political oppositions and enemies
which has raised so much concern in the
Country, an International Media ”CNN” has
released the full list of Nigeria treasury
looters to assist the President fight the
corruption from the grass root if truly he is
sincere.
The publication shows how corrupt Nigerian
former leaders are and how much they looted
from the public treasury. Through their
statement the list should guide President
Buhari in his fight against corruption and not
to play party politics.
Read the full list:
1. Oluesgun Obasanjo – He stole $25 billion
from 1999-2007 ($16.4 from power sector
alone)
2. Mohammadu Buhari – He stole $25 billion
from 1994-1999 (from PTF fund)
3. Ibrahim Babangida – He stole $15 billion
from 1985-1993 ($12.4 billion from oil wind
fall in 1990)
4. Abdulsalam Abubakar – He stole $9 billion
from 1998-99
5. Sani Abacha – He stole $7 billion from
1993-1998
6. Ahmed Bola Tinubu – He stole and
continues to steal from Lagos Stata treasury
since 1999 till date. It’s estimated that he has
stolen $6 billion so far.
7. TY Danjuma – He fraudulently got enriched
through oil blocks from the Niger Delta worth
$20 million in the 70s after the counter coup.
Those oil blocks worth billions of dollars in
today’s value.
8. Sanusi Lamido Sanusi – He stole $1.2
billion as CBN Governor from 2008-2014. 9. Bukola Saraki – Through his father,
Olukola Saraki, their bank, Societe Generale
and as a governor of Kwara State
(2003-20111) he stole $1.1 billion
10. Nasir El Rufai – Before he was made the
FCT Minister, El Rufai was broke, homeless
and was looking for loan to import taxis from
the UK. After he was made the minister, he
seized landed properties that belonged to
Nigerians and resold them with huge profit.
It’s estimated that he stole $1 billion from
2003-2007.
11. Tunde Fashola – He is the poster boy of
Tinubu. Boht of them looted Lagos dried and
left it in debt of about N1 billion. Fashola,
among other thing built his personal website
for N78 million, drilled borehole for over
N100 million per each and built a kilometre
road for N1 billion. He stole $900 million
from 2007-2015. He is now a minister, he
will continue the looting.
12. Chubike Rotimi Amaechi – From 2007 to
2015, he stole $700 million as $150 million
were used to sponsor Buhari and APC.
13. Atiku Abubakar – When he was asked by
our reporter how he made his money, he
simply said “he was always at the right place
at the right time. Atiku is an astute
businessman, but through shady deals, he
stole $500 million from 1999-2007.
14. James Ibori – He stole $150 million from
1999-2007 as governor of Delta State. He’s
serving his term for money laundering in the
UK.
15. Amina Mohammed – This woman was the
founder of Afri-Project Consortium (APC) that
was in charge of all PTF Projects during
Abacha’s regime. About $125 million was
stolen from PTF accounts from 1994-1998.
Buhari has just nominated the same woman as
a minister to continue the stealing.
16. DSP Alamieyeseigha – He stole $120
million and was arrested for money
laundering. He pleaded guilty and long served
his term.
17. Sule Lamido – He stole $110 million
between 2007-2015 and out of that amount,
$50 million was found in his sons’ bank
accounts. He was arrested and detained for
days together with his sons.
18. Rabui Kwankwaso – He stole $100 million
as a governor of Kano State. EFCC has
arrested many of his aides and they are
“singing” how they siphoned the money.
19. Kashium Shettima – this governor has
stolen about $80 million and still counting.
20. Rauf Aregbesola – he has milked Osun
State to the tune of $60 million.
21. Kayode Fayemi – this former governor
stole $40 million and stashed some part of
the loot in Ghana. He was reportedly bought a
bed for N50 million.
In all these names none of them came from
South East, this clearly shows that Nigeria is
owned by the Hausa-Fulani’s and the
Yoruba’s.
Re: President Buhari, Ndigbo And The Politics Of Hate - Chris Chukwubuzor Azuka by StunningCEO: 8:03pm On Jun 26, 2016
inquisitiv:
Once again I will comment on this post so other Nigerians will not believe all igbos support corruption. I am a full blooded igbo and this writer is spot on. He is very correct in his analysis.

The average igbo politician is one greedy creature, accomplishments are the number of houses he built. This disease is so deep that even the youth of the community points to him as haaving been blessed by God since he won election.

I have lived and worked in SE, SS, SW, NC and NE of this country. Every regionhas their corrupt leaders but the difference is that SW will tell their own thieves to their face that they are thieves. My brothers in SE will celebrate the loot and call the thieve 'our son'.

This is a disgrace.

Not in my name!

Goodluck was adopted because of the access of igbo leaders to Dollars. No principle, no strategy. Look at SE states and observe how leadershipwas transferred. Except for anambra others were handed over to people worse than their predecessors. Compare with Lagos where it is obvious that their is a list somewhere of competent managers who are thrown up to lead the state. What we have in the SE is politics of business. where the biggest moneybag buys the office.

As usual once I write some unexposed people will start questioning my igboness. you need to mix up.

The lastest shame is when cases of morals are in court eg forgery, the defense is that 'our son is being persecuted'. this is disgraceful

Wow...I am shocked this is coming from an ibo man....I cannot believe my eyes.....you are unique o..... shocked...to be honest with you I had lost respect for all ibos....these days I just think they are all shameless thieves but you surprise me....... angry

6 Likes

Re: President Buhari, Ndigbo And The Politics Of Hate - Chris Chukwubuzor Azuka by Bruteforce101: 8:03pm On Jun 26, 2016
RickyTan:

See this mumu - Leave Muslim or Hausa out of this fight. FYI Hausa people sabi say Yaliba and their God Tinubu have no future in SE/SS so they will not take you seriously. Meaning you attacking Igbos is not helping yourself

The problem with you guys is that you are quick to insult people over nothing. If i insult your mother now, the mods will be here to ban me. What has my post got to do with the trash above, stop looking for trouble.
Re: President Buhari, Ndigbo And The Politics Of Hate - Chris Chukwubuzor Azuka by Nobody: 8:05pm On Jun 26, 2016
amaechi1:

Nobody hate the Igbo nation, except the leaders of Igbo nation. I stand to be corrected, where in the five state of the Igbo nation where another tribe held a public position like the commissioner for budget and planning for 1 day talk more for 6 years. Please, correct me if there is any not insult biko. Ejim aha Chineke yo unu!
u are spot on nwanne m........anyi bu nsogbu diri onwe nyi

Proudly igbo

1 Like

Re: President Buhari, Ndigbo And The Politics Of Hate - Chris Chukwubuzor Azuka by willibounce1(m): 8:08pm On Jun 26, 2016
onenaira60:

First of all, my family actually lost properties during the abandoned property saga you monkey @ss. My grandfather's house in Lagos till date is not woth my family and when my grandmother back in day went to reclaim, she never was allowed. I've talked about that shit many times on NL so go shove your Savage face to the hardest wall you find. Bastard

Second of all, the 20 pounds policy no matter how much more the person has in bank is what? Na Chinese una do am to fucking illiterate.

Fucking buf00n. As I said any Igbo that did not learn from his history is bound to feel the impact of that same history. so as I said that Abuja owning business guy is a complete, bona-fide EDIOT!!!!

Lol. Tell us the address of you father's house that was claimed. You are a village boy. Your father never was rich enough to own a property in Lagos just as you will never be rich enough to afford a house in Lagos. You can keep dreaming and wishing. Stay in your red mud house in the village, that is where you belong. They always have money only on the internet. I am expecting the Mod to ban you asap, because if I desend on you, the same mod will be quick to ban me.

4 Likes

Re: President Buhari, Ndigbo And The Politics Of Hate - Chris Chukwubuzor Azuka by matrix1759: 8:16pm On Jun 26, 2016
inquisitiv:

This is a disgrace.

Not in my name!

indeed@the SW will tell their own thieves to their face. They told Buruj Kashamu to his face that he is a drug lord and make him a senator. Plus their acclaimed leader is widely believed to have enriched himself corruptly, besides also having a history of drug related deals in America. We should learn not to make blanket statements just to make parochial points.

1 Like

Re: President Buhari, Ndigbo And The Politics Of Hate - Chris Chukwubuzor Azuka by malignant1: 8:18pm On Jun 26, 2016
What a jaundiced article! Rejecting someone at the polls equate to hate. This is the most one-sided one-sided article that I've read this year.
Re: President Buhari, Ndigbo And The Politics Of Hate - Chris Chukwubuzor Azuka by Nobody: 8:21pm On Jun 26, 2016
sparrowkid:
http://opinion.premiumtimesng.com/2016/06/25/president-buhari-ndigbo-politics-hate/

You and your reflections are not different from what you menstion above. Please, next time be positive about others.
Your names are igbo's name, in essence, if you says igbos, hates Buhari, you in person also hates him, because you are an IGBOs. Your write-up is full of hatred. Don't use fuel/hatred to put off fire/so called hatred.
Re: President Buhari, Ndigbo And The Politics Of Hate - Chris Chukwubuzor Azuka by MirabelArode(f): 8:23pm On Jun 26, 2016
Olabestonic001:

Not that. Truth be told, most Igbos have been brainwashed to hate Buhari beyond even their own wildest imaginations. The SW never hated GEJ, they just tagged him incompetent while an average Igbo man (yes, I said that) hates PMB beyond reasoning. If ever the Igbos have their way at secession, it will be because of hate for PMB and not a love for Biafra.
Foolish though, is the fact that PMB is not helping matters.

You are right see the way we yorubad showered Jonathan with love and got angry when Ibos refused to do same.

Only a bastard Yoruba will vote for Jonathan

The historic Parliament Building in Ibadan was over-filled today as prominent Yoruba in all professions, princes and monarchs, governors and former governors, gathered to articulate their aspirations and minimum demands from the Federal Government.

The high point of the summit, convened by the illustrious Yoruba retired army general, Alani Akinrinade was the total support given the presidential candidate of the All Progressives Congress, APC, General Muhammadu Buhari.
The summiteers declared unanimously, “It is Buhari or nobody else”.

A major proponent of this declaration, the Olubadan of Ibadanland, Oba Samuel Odulana Odugade who was represented by High Chief Eddy Oyewole said, “On 28 March, 2015, let us vote for Buhari”.

He condemned the candidate of Peoples Democratic Party, PDP, President Goodluck Ebele Jonathan for wasting the meager resources of the country by lavishly bribing various individuals and groups to secure their supports.

While Senator Anthony Adefuye strongly stated, “Only a bastard Yoruba will vote for Jonathan, Senator Olabiyi Durojaiye said, ‘We will vote en masse for Buhari”.

Shortly after delivering the message sent by the governorship candidate of Accord Party in the state, Senator Rasheed Ladoja that he would go the way of Yoruba people.

Senator Ayo Fasanmi declared, “At this point, we Yorubas should know where we are going. PDP is distributing money to earn wrong votes. Come May 29, we will be happy when Buhari becomes the president of the nation.

“Why would Jonathan appoint ministers two months to the end of his term if not that they want to use all means to steal what is left in the coffer; that is if anything is left? By God’s grace, I, Senator Ayo Fasanmi will vote for Buhari. May 29, Buhari will be sworn in as our president.”

National Chairman, Afenifere Renewal Group, ARG, Honourable Olawale Oshun said that considering the fact that Yoruba people have been suffering marginalisation within the Nigerian state for the past 16 years, Yorubas should vote for leaders who have its interests at heart in order to bring an end to this unacceptable state of affairs.
Oyo State Governor, Senator Abiola Ajimobi who decried the high level of maginalisation of Yoruba in the Jonathan led administration said, “We have been subject of brazen marginalization and deliberate attempt to whittle down our historical contributions to the development of Nigeria. It will interest you to note that in the wheel of power at the centre, there are only two Yoruba people. Indeed, out of the 50 most powerful men and women in the executive, legislative, judicial and even security components of power in Nigeria, there are only two Yoruba people. These are the Chief of Staff to the President, whose choice was almost an afterthought and the Accountant General of the Federation.”

Following suit, Ogbeni Rauf Aregbesola of State of Osun joined others in condemning Oodua Peoples Congress, OPC, for derailing from the principle of ‘omoluabi” that Yoruba is known for by collecting bribe from a desperate aspirant.

Professor Yemi Osinbajo, the Vice President Candidate of APC, in his short remarks, urged Nigerians to be patient at this trying moment assuring that things would soon change for the better when APC takes over government at the centre.

[b]In the communique issued at the end of the summit, the main grievances of the region include: maginalisation which has attained the status of deliberate policy of the central government of Nigeria, calculated attempts to invade and subjugate Yoruba land through covert, disguised and even official policies of the Central Government, misguiding some elements in the region for their selfish reasons, decimation of entrepreneurial ambitions of Yoruba people through Federal Institutions and agencies that are supposed to be enablers and facilitators of economic development, near virtual absence of reliable and critical infrastructure of electricity, energy, and transportation which has led to the collapse of economic activities in Yoruba land, absence of proactive, concerted, and visionary leadership in Nigeria, insecurity at the level of state of emergency, and failure of the resolutions of the National Conference to resolve fundamental issues that are prerequisite to a sustainable federalism.[/b]

As a result, in the communique, they demanded for regionalism, diversification of economy, holding free, fair, credible and transparent elections as scheduled to commence on Saturday, March 28, 2015, resistance to any form of unelected government, be it Government of National Unity, Interim National Government or howsoever described, repealing of laws and policies that stifle the creativity of the people, dismantling of all pseudo-security agencies that impede peace, harass and terrorise her citizens in order to enforce pre-determined agenda that are not consistent with the wishes of the region, and removal of all bottlenecks in the way of provision of effective and efficient transportation system, electrical power, and petroleum refining infrastructure.

According to the communique, “That the effectiveness of the Federal Government of Nigeria lies on focusing on the critical issues of governance that are common to all components, like defence, national security, foreign affairs, currency and exchange rate, etc, while all other socio-economic responsibilities, especially that of resource control, devolve to the federating units.

Yoruba must pursue their destiny in line with the development priorities and ambitions of her people. The creation of a structural environment for effective devolution of powers to the country’s constituent units as a strategic development is imperative. Yoruba people will not hesitate to take our destiny in our own hands in the event of any attempt to compromise our democratic existence.”

Dignitaries at the occasion include: Governor Abiola Ajimobi of Oyo State, and his deputy, Chief Moses Adeyemo, former governors including: Dr. Kayode Fayemi and Otunba Niyi Adebayo of Ekiti State, Prince Olagunsoye Oyinlola of State of Osun, former Military Governor of the Mid-West State, Samuel Ogbemudia, former Deputy Governor of Ekiti, Modupe Adelabu, Professor Albert Olawale, former Vice Chancellor of Obafemi Awolowo University, OAU, Professor Wale Omole, and his Ekiti State University counterpart, Professor Akin Oyebode, Professor John Ayoade, Senator Babafemi Ojudu, Senator Olabiyi Durojaiye, Senator Bayo Salami, Senator James Kolawole, , The Managing Director of The News Magazine, Bayo Onanuga, President of the Central Council of Ibadan Indigenes, CCII, Ambassador Olu Sanu, Adeniyi Akintola, SAN, prominent monarchs in the region including: Soun of Ogbomosho, Oba Jimoh Oladunni Oyewumi Ajagungbade III, Oba Adeniyi Sonariwo, Akarigbo Remo, Oba Kolawole Sowemimo of Owode-Egba, Asheyin of Iseyin, Oba Ganiyu Adekunle Ologunebi, and Eleruwa of Eruwa, Oba Samuel Adegbola.

http://www.pmnewsnigeria.com/2015/03/19/yoruba-at-summit-say-only-a-bastard-will-vote-jonathan
Re: President Buhari, Ndigbo And The Politics Of Hate - Chris Chukwubuzor Azuka by MirabelArode(f): 8:26pm On Jun 26, 2016
Intrepid01:

All I can infer from ur write up is the thinking of an EXPOSED MAN with a liberated heart

Are you still a 'SSner'? grin grin

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

Alex Ekwueme's Last Major Public Outing Was His Induction Into Imo Hall Of Fame / Meeting Between Buhari, APC Governors Ends In Deadlock / Governor Diri Defends Lawrence Ewhrudjakpor, His Deputy On Certificate Forgery

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 117
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.