Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,168,859 members, 7,872,855 topics. Date: Thursday, 27 June 2024 at 12:25 AM

Do You Remember/Enjoy Watching Football On Television Like This Then? - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Do You Remember/Enjoy Watching Football On Television Like This Then? (2072 Views)

World Cup; Super Eagles Players Will Be Arriving Russia Dressed Like This.Photos / Yakubu Aiyegbeni Retires From Football On His 35th Birthday / I Enjoy Watching Messi Play – Cristiano Ronaldo (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Do You Remember/Enjoy Watching Football On Television Like This Then? by Explorers(m): 2:38pm On Jul 10, 2016
USA 94, Olympic 96 or France 98 we saw the matches like this. With Fluorescent bulb antenna or the iron antenna, OSRC linking up with NTA and we're good to go. You will only see this setting or formation in a house with a standby generator, may be 2 or 3 generators in the whole street of almost 100 houses then.

NEPA has been fūcking up since the days of dinosaurs, even if you still have light in your house seconds to kickoff, you dont stay to watch the match so far you dont have a standby generator. You move to the nearest "stadium" before kickoff to avoid stories that touch.
People making these arrangement then knew NEPA will always prove themselves, causing neighbours without generator to rush to their homes/sitting rooms. To create enough space for them, they make this kind of arrangement.

Elders will sit on the benches/chair and we kids will remove our slipass and sit on it on the floor.

Image source: naijalifemagazine&alamy stock photos

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Do You Remember/Enjoy Watching Football On Television Like This Then? by Tolexander: 2:44pm On Jul 10, 2016
I remember this Sharp color TV!

We did watch like this anytime Super Eagles was having match then.

If one preferred sitting to watch the match, one would come with chair from home. Only one TV can serve a whole street.

Thank God for viewing centers now.

3 Likes

Re: Do You Remember/Enjoy Watching Football On Television Like This Then? by legendte(m): 2:49pm On Jul 10, 2016
We have come a long way

2 Likes

Re: Do You Remember/Enjoy Watching Football On Television Like This Then? by ritababe(f): 2:52pm On Jul 10, 2016
legendte:
We have come a long way
thank God for technology.

3 Likes

Re: Do You Remember/Enjoy Watching Football On Television Like This Then? by Tolexander: 2:52pm On Jul 10, 2016
Explorers:
USA 94, Olympic 96 or France 98 we saw the matches like this. With Fluorescent bulb antenna or the iron antenna, OSRC linking up with NTA and we're good to go. You will only see this setting or formation in a house with a standby generator, may be 2 or 3 generators in the whole street of almost 100 houses then.
You forgot the man on standby to tune the fluorescent bulb antenna when there is no clear signal received by the antenna!

2 Likes

Re: Do You Remember/Enjoy Watching Football On Television Like This Then? by ritababe(f): 2:53pm On Jul 10, 2016
guys and football, they are like bread and butter.
#wengerbuystriker

1 Like

Re: Do You Remember/Enjoy Watching Football On Television Like This Then? by Tolexander: 3:00pm On Jul 10, 2016
ritababe:

#wengerbuystriker
No,

Like Monkey and banana!
Re: Do You Remember/Enjoy Watching Football On Television Like This Then? by ichommy(m): 3:07pm On Jul 10, 2016
I remember during the Era of Victor Aghowa. Due to power failure.

Brother Yekini will connect his TV to his Car Battery.

Good old days cheesy

2 Likes

Re: Do You Remember/Enjoy Watching Football On Television Like This Then? by Nobody: 3:09pm On Jul 10, 2016
Explorers biko we need more of ur threads...
Re: Do You Remember/Enjoy Watching Football On Television Like This Then? by ichommy(m): 3:10pm On Jul 10, 2016
Tolexander:
You forgot the man on standby to tune the fluorescent bulb antenna when there is no clear signal received by the antenna!

You have a sharp memory Bros. grin grin

1 Like

Re: Do You Remember/Enjoy Watching Football On Television Like This Then? by Tolexander: 3:13pm On Jul 10, 2016
ichommy:

You have a sharp memory Bros. grin grin
thanks bros grin grin

1 Like

Re: Do You Remember/Enjoy Watching Football On Television Like This Then? by adwem2003(m): 3:16pm On Jul 10, 2016
...and those antennas we used stainless plate to make. Good old days.

1 Like

Re: Do You Remember/Enjoy Watching Football On Television Like This Then? by Explorers(m): 3:16pm On Jul 10, 2016
Tolexander:

Confirm.......and people will be like "o ti daa o ti daa o ti daa its ok, it's ok, its ok......Lol.

1 Like

Re: Do You Remember/Enjoy Watching Football On Television Like This Then? by Explorers(m): 3:18pm On Jul 10, 2016
ritababe:

#wengerbuystriker

Lol...girls nko?
Re: Do You Remember/Enjoy Watching Football On Television Like This Then? by ritababe(f): 3:24pm On Jul 10, 2016
Explorers:

Lol...girls nko?

yeah me too am a gunner, but Wenger they fall my hand, let him buy griezman to add some grease on our attack.
Re: Do You Remember/Enjoy Watching Football On Television Like This Then? by Tolexander: 3:29pm On Jul 10, 2016
ichommy:
I remember during the Era of Victor Aghowa. Due to power failure.

Brother Yekini will connect his TV to his Car Battery.

Good old days cheesy
Aghahowa
Re: Do You Remember/Enjoy Watching Football On Television Like This Then? by augster(m): 3:41pm On Jul 10, 2016
Your neighbours must not hear the sound of the generator... Them go don reach tv before you change-over sef

1 Like

Re: Do You Remember/Enjoy Watching Football On Television Like This Then? by KINGinVAHALA: 4:42pm On Jul 10, 2016
Explorers:

Lol...girls nko?
Lol, good afternoon bro, how re you doing?
Happy Sunday!
Re: Do You Remember/Enjoy Watching Football On Television Like This Then? by hahn(m): 4:51pm On Jul 10, 2016
ritababe:

thank God for technology.

What is the name of god's tech company? And what device did god ever invent? undecided
Re: Do You Remember/Enjoy Watching Football On Television Like This Then? by ritababe(f): 4:59pm On Jul 10, 2016
hahn:

What is the name of god's tech company? And what device did god ever invent? undecided

he created us
Re: Do You Remember/Enjoy Watching Football On Television Like This Then? by hahn(m): 5:09pm On Jul 10, 2016
ritababe:

he created us

Really? What is your proof?

There other gods besides yours that claim to have created the world too
Re: Do You Remember/Enjoy Watching Football On Television Like This Then? by ritababe(f): 5:11pm On Jul 10, 2016
hahn:

Really? What is your proof?

There other gods besides yours that claim to have created the world too

is written in the Bible.
I know no other gods except Him, you should try and open your heart to him, with Christ life is sweet.

2 Likes

Re: Do You Remember/Enjoy Watching Football On Television Like This Then? by hahn(m): 5:18pm On Jul 10, 2016
ritababe:

is written in the Bible.

Really?

It is also written in the bible that

[b]If one curses his father or mother, his lamp will go out at the coming of darkness. (Proverbs 20:20 NAB)

All who curse their father or mother must be put to death. They are guilty of a capital offense. (Leviticus 20:9 NLT)

If a man commits adultery with another man's wife, both the man and the woman must be put to death. (Leviticus 20:10 NLT)

But if this charge is true (that she wasn't a virgin on her wedding night), and evidence of the girls virginity is not found, they shall bring the girl to the entrance of her fathers house and there her townsman shall stone her to death, because she committed a crime against Israel by her unchasteness in her father's house. Thus shall you purge the evil from your midst. (Deuteronomy 22:20-21 NAB)

The LORD then gave these further instructions to Moses: 'Tell the people of Israel to keep my Sabbath day, for the Sabbath is a sign of the covenant between me and you forever. It helps you to remember that I am the LORD, who makes you holy. Yes, keep the Sabbath day, for it is holy. Anyone who desecrates it must die; anyone who works on that day will be cut off from the community. Work six days only, but the seventh day must be a day of total rest. I repeat: Because the LORD considers it a holy day, anyone who works on the Sabbath must be put to death.' (Exodus 31:12-15 NLT)[/b]

How many people have you killed today? undecided

I know no other gods except Him, you should try and open your heart to him, with Christ life is sweet.

I wish I could but I am too old to be keeping imaginary friends cheesy
Re: Do You Remember/Enjoy Watching Football On Television Like This Then? by ritababe(f): 5:22pm On Jul 10, 2016
hahn:

Really?

It is also written in the bible that

[b]If one curses his father or mother, his lamp will go out at the coming of darkness. (Proverbs 20:20 NAB)

All who curse their father or mother must be put to death. They are guilty of a capital offense. (Leviticus 20:9 NLT)

If a man commits adultery with another man's wife, both the man and the woman must be put to death. (Leviticus 20:10 NLT)

But if this charge is true (that she wasn't a virgin on her wedding night), and evidence of the girls virginity is not found, they shall bring the girl to the entrance of her fathers house and there her townsman shall stone her to death, because she committed a crime against Israel by her unchasteness in her father's house. Thus shall you purge the evil from your midst. (Deuteronomy 22:20-21 NAB)

The LORD then gave these further instructions to Moses: 'Tell the people of Israel to keep my Sabbath day, for the Sabbath is a sign of the covenant between me and you forever. It helps you to remember that I am the LORD, who makes you holy. Yes, keep the Sabbath day, for it is holy. Anyone who desecrates it must die; anyone who works on that day will be cut off from the community. Work six days only, but the seventh day must be a day of total rest. I repeat: Because the LORD considers it a holy day, anyone who works on the Sabbath must be put to death.' (Exodus 31:12-15 NLT)[/b]

How many people have you killed today? undecided

I wish I could but I am too old to be keeping imaginary friends cheesy

those are old rules.
when Jesus came he created a new law which is "love your neighbor as yourself" that's it.
Biko I nor fit argue, to argue with atheist they hard gan.

1 Like

Re: Do You Remember/Enjoy Watching Football On Television Like This Then? by Vince77(m): 5:28pm On Jul 10, 2016
adwem2003:
...and those antennas we used stainless plate to make. Good old days.

I call it first generation dstv.

We don old sha.
Re: Do You Remember/Enjoy Watching Football On Television Like This Then? by Explorers(m): 8:13pm On Jul 10, 2016
Tolexander:
I remember this Sharp color TV!

We did watch like this anytime Super Eagles was having match then.

If one preferred sitting to watch the match, one would come with chair from home. Only one TV can serve a whole street.

Thank God for viewing centers now.

That TV na pure water then

(1) (Reply)

A 20 Years Old Cameroonian Lazio Player's Birthday Wish Causes A Stair (Picture) / How A Last-minute Seat Swap Saved My Life, Chapecoense Crash Survivor. / OMG!! Neymar JR Told To Leave Barcelona

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 32
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.