Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,183,528 members, 7,920,993 topics. Date: Wednesday, 14 August 2024 at 03:48 PM

Are You Loyal To Nigeria Or Your Ethnicity? - Politics (13) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Are You Loyal To Nigeria Or Your Ethnicity? (20736 Views)

Poll: Nigeria or your Ethnicity?

Nigeria: 52% (20 votes)
Ethnicity: 47% (18 votes)
This poll has ended

Emma Anyanwu Disowns His Son, Charles, Loyal To Amaechi / Wike Sacks Board Of Directors Loyal To Amaechi / Photos: Thugs Loyal To PDP Allegedly Attack APC Chieftain In Gombe (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) (16) ... (25) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Are You Loyal To Nigeria Or Your Ethnicity? by udezue(m): 4:43pm On Sep 13, 2009
My region 1st then my ethnicity.
Re: Are You Loyal To Nigeria Or Your Ethnicity? by Beaf: 5:00pm On Sep 13, 2009
^I share a similar view.
Re: Are You Loyal To Nigeria Or Your Ethnicity? by SapeleGuy: 5:41pm On Sep 13, 2009
chic2pimp:

Let's be honest with ourselves, Only a few people want this separation so why should we pander to the will of a few minority? undecided.
It depends on what context you view majority and minority. Democracy should have local contextualisation why should the will of the majority in say sokoto be imposed on warri. That numerical majority or federal character has no relevance to the daily grind in warri.

chic2pimp:

Anyone who does not want one nigeria is free to move to other african countries or better still move abroad. Its that simple.
GBAM wink cool.

In any activity you should PLAN - DO - REVIEW & REPAIR.  This arrangement and structure is not working. You can't continue to exploit some people because you plenty pass them. Let us repair this thing peacefully before it turns into something else. This doesn't have to mean the disintegration of the federation but greater devolution of power from the centre to the regions.
Re: Are You Loyal To Nigeria Or Your Ethnicity? by CrudeOil2(m): 7:15pm On Sep 13, 2009
I am not loyal to any.
Re: Are You Loyal To Nigeria Or Your Ethnicity? by THEAMAKA(f): 7:18pm On Sep 13, 2009
Crude Oil:

I am not loyal to any.
shocked shocked shocked
Re: Are You Loyal To Nigeria Or Your Ethnicity? by C2H5OH(f): 7:21pm On Sep 13, 2009
I am loyal to God myself and my family first and foremost.

Tribal and national loyalty come next, in that respective order.
Dreams of a "one Nigeria" are farfetched for now.
We have a serious problem of division in that country.

Wow what a nice shot by Potro grin
Re: Are You Loyal To Nigeria Or Your Ethnicity? by sjeezy8: 8:41pm On Sep 13, 2009
lol naija folks are too funny

Americans have done more for Nigerians abroad then their fellow tribesman, so maybe they should be loyal to Americans more then any Nigerians period.

just a thought
Re: Are You Loyal To Nigeria Or Your Ethnicity? by THEAMAKA(f): 8:45pm On Sep 13, 2009
sjeezy8:

lol naija folks are too funny

Americans have done more for Nigerians abroad then their fellow tribesman, so maybe they should be loyal to Americans more then any Nigerians period.

just a thought
make all of them come online, i smell another HEAVY debate/argument coming on. lol
Re: Are You Loyal To Nigeria Or Your Ethnicity? by Beaf: 8:46pm On Sep 13, 2009
One interesting titbit. . .
The only place in the World where I have ever been at gunpoint (over and over), is Nigeria. Why?

The Police is your friend
Re: Are You Loyal To Nigeria Or Your Ethnicity? by THEAMAKA(f): 8:47pm On Sep 13, 2009
Beaf:

The only place in the World where I have ever been at gunpoint (over and over), is Nigeria. Why?

gunpoint?
Re: Are You Loyal To Nigeria Or Your Ethnicity? by sjeezy8: 8:49pm On Sep 13, 2009
Beaf:

isn't that everyone? its not exclusive to anyones ethnicity
Re: Are You Loyal To Nigeria Or Your Ethnicity? by chic2pimp(m): 9:07pm On Sep 13, 2009
sjeezy8:

Abi oooo.

SapeleGuy:

It depends on what context you view majority and minority. Democracy should have local contextualisation why should the will of the majority in say sokoto be imposed on warri. That numerical majority or federal character has no relevance to the daily grind in warri.
The majority of igbos,yorubas and hausas do want ONE NIGERIA
Re: Are You Loyal To Nigeria Or Your Ethnicity? by Kobojunkie: 9:10pm On Sep 13, 2009
chic2pimp:

Abi oooo.

The question of whether to split Nigeria up or not has not even occured to millions out there. There are more concerned about breaking out of their situation, in their personal lives, than they are with this bogus message some have caged their minds up with.
Re: Are You Loyal To Nigeria Or Your Ethnicity? by Beaf: 9:13pm On Sep 13, 2009
THE AMAKA:

gunpoint?

Yes my dear. Real gunpoint.

sjeezy8:

. . .Such abberations can pile up to test loyalty. It shows how little the nation values each citizen. It is yet another example of why we need a National Conference; there is no delineation of responsibilities of citizen to the state or the state to the citizen. "Nigerianness" has no definition, anything goes; citizens being at gunpoint every other day is normal.

Disfunctional.
Re: Are You Loyal To Nigeria Or Your Ethnicity? by sjeezy8: 9:20pm On Sep 13, 2009
Beaf:

Yes my dear. Real gunpoint.

. . .Such abberations can pile up to test loyalty. It shows how little the nation values each citizen. It is yet another example of why we need a National Conference; there is delineation of responsibilities of citizen to the state or the state to the citizen. "Nigerianness" has no definition, anything goes; citizens being at gunpoint every other day is normal.

Disfunctional.

ok soo in other words i'll determine it as being loyal to ones self since the nations people dont value eachother.

if So, then theres no need to argue about ethnicity over Nigerian and vice versa

the topic shouldn't matter to anyone who has posted - you and maybe i can at least agree somewhat with
Crude Oil:

I am not loyal to any.

Because those who have held me at gun point/ask for bribe are from my own ethnicity and im sure the same goes for other Nigerians.
Re: Are You Loyal To Nigeria Or Your Ethnicity? by Beaf: 9:33pm On Sep 13, 2009
^I have always held that corruption and "tribalism" are symptoms of a sick federal structure.

The real root of all our problems is a chaotic federal structure. Chaos breeds yet more chaos in ever tightening loops.

chic2pimp:

Let's be honest with ourselves, Only a few people want this separation so why should we pander to the will of a few minority? undecided. Anyone who does not want one nigeria is free to move to other african countries or better still move abroad. Its that simple.
GBAM wink cool.

If that small minority has been increasing steadily (maybe even exponentially), there is good cause for alarm.
Re: Are You Loyal To Nigeria Or Your Ethnicity? by Onlytruth(m): 11:23pm On Sep 13, 2009
chic2pimp:

Abi oooo.

Are you prepared to put that to vote? You'll be shocked by the result! In a country will little or no credible statistics I'm not surprised you think that.
The barrel of the gun from the center is the only thing still keeping Nigeria one. But other barrels (from the regions ,eg MEND and BOKO HARAM) are springing up fast these days to challenge the center. It shouldn't be that way, but the LORDS OF NIGERIA only understand violence. They're afraid of dialogues or conferences because those things bring out the truth and enable the situation to be resolved (which may see them losing their corrupt power).
Which is why AREWA is opposing the Nigerian Peoples Constitution put foward by the CHANGE NIGERIA group.
All I would say is that people who are strong believers in One Nigeria should go and advise AREWA to have a change of heart. Else, trouble dey for land o!
Re: Are You Loyal To Nigeria Or Your Ethnicity? by Onlytruth(m): 11:32pm On Sep 13, 2009
Kobojunkie:

The question of whether to split Nigeria up or not has not even occured to millions out there. There are more concerned about breaking out of their situation, in their personal lives, than they are with this bogus message some have caged their minds up with.

And I say that is a lie my friend! Millions of people in Nigeria think about that, which is why MASSOB was able to mobilize millions of Igbos through a sit at home protest. The Niger delta people think about that too (even if only from the resource control perspective). The islamic extremists in the north still dream of forcibly converting all Southerners to Islam. And the rest of Nigerians are worried about what would happen should Igbos leave Nigeria, which is why the name Biafra attracts so much vitriol.
Re: Are You Loyal To Nigeria Or Your Ethnicity? by becomrich15: 12:24am On Sep 15, 2009
97% of igbos are loyal to Igbo than nigeria
90% of yorubas are loyal to Yoruba than nigeria
90% of hausa are loyal to hausa than nigeria.
70% cross river, akwa are loyal to ethnics than nigeria

70% of Niger, plateau, nassarawa, borno, yobe are loyal to ethnics than nigeria
Re: Are You Loyal To Nigeria Or Your Ethnicity? by sjeezy8: 12:37am On Sep 15, 2009
becomrich,:

Re: Are You Loyal To Nigeria Or Your Ethnicity? by Kobojunkie: 12:39am On Sep 15, 2009
Onlytruth:

And I say that is a lie my friend! Millions of people in Nigeria think about that, which is why MASSOB was able to mobilize millions of Igbos through a sit at home protest. The Niger delta people think about that too (even if only from the resource control perspective). The islamic extremists in the north still dream of forcibly converting all Southerners to Islam. And the rest of Nigerians are worried about what would happen should Igbos leave Nigeria, which is why the name Biafra attracts so much vitriol.

Did you think I would not expect you to claim it a lie? lol
Re: Are You Loyal To Nigeria Or Your Ethnicity? by THEAMAKA(f): 1:36am On Sep 15, 2009
and where did those "statistics" come from?
Re: Are You Loyal To Nigeria Or Your Ethnicity? by sjeezy8: 1:41am On Sep 15, 2009
THE AMAKA:

and where did those "statistics" come from?

lol he got it from the posts that took place on NL. this thread particularly. grin lol
Re: Are You Loyal To Nigeria Or Your Ethnicity? by THEAMAKA(f): 1:48am On Sep 15, 2009
sjeezy8:

lol he got it from the posts that took place on NL. this thread particularly. grin lol
oh i see.
man, why aint you talking to me anymore?
you mad or something?
Re: Are You Loyal To Nigeria Or Your Ethnicity? by Bialegend(m): 1:50am On Sep 15, 2009
THE AMAKA:

oh i see.
you mad or something?
AMAKA, i miss you. Where have you been?
Re: Are You Loyal To Nigeria Or Your Ethnicity? by Bialegend(m): 1:53am On Sep 15, 2009
becomrich,:

Becomerich, you are absolutely correct with this stats, bit the only error is about the Igbos which i will say with authority that it's about 99.9% of them that are loyal to their ethnic group and have nothing to do with nigeria.
Re: Are You Loyal To Nigeria Or Your Ethnicity? by sjeezy8: 1:58am On Sep 15, 2009
THE AMAKA:

oh i see.
you mad or something?

of course not im about to yim
Re: Are You Loyal To Nigeria Or Your Ethnicity? by THEAMAKA(f): 2:04am On Sep 15, 2009
then hurry up!
lol
"Zzzzz. . ."
Re: Are You Loyal To Nigeria Or Your Ethnicity? by chic2pimp(m): 2:27am On Sep 15, 2009
Bialegend:

AMAKA, i miss you. Where have you been?
grin grin Answer the guy ooo. He is slowly falling in love with ya.
Re: Are You Loyal To Nigeria Or Your Ethnicity? by chic2pimp(m): 2:32am On Sep 15, 2009
becomrich,:

Who else would come up with this Ridiculous stats like that but BECOOMRICH. U better desist from your tribalistic ways b4 it gets too late.

Kobojunkie:

I agree with this post.

Beaf:

If that small minority has been increasing steadily (maybe even exponentially), there is good cause for alarm.
It has certainly not Increased. It only looks thay way because the message(divided naija) is being passed on from generation to generation. The truth of the matter is that only a few families share similar view points.

Onlytruth:

Are you prepared to put that to vote? You'll be shocked by the result! In a country will little or no credible statistics I'm not surprised you think that.
I don't think, I know that for a fact. If the vote is fair and square,why not?
Re: Are You Loyal To Nigeria Or Your Ethnicity? by Kobojunkie: 3:19am On Sep 15, 2009
There are about no signs that that small minority happen to have increased in number over the past 40 years. I would venture to claim that the number has actually been dropping since 1966 and what we hve today are a couple of folks desperate to spread the word and claim the majority to get noticed.
Re: Are You Loyal To Nigeria Or Your Ethnicity? by THEAMAKA(f): 3:28am On Sep 15, 2009
Kobojunkie:

There are about no signs that that small minority happen to have increased in number over the past 40 years. I would venture to claim that the number has actually been dropping since 1966 and what we hve today are a couple of folks desperate to spread the word and claim the majority to get noticed.
GBAM!!

(1) (2) (3) ... (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) (16) ... (25) (Reply)

How Strange Gift Of N585m House Landed Jonathan’s Chief Of Staff In Trouble / Sowore Speaks: My Connection With Tinubu And Jonathan, Why I Hate PDP (VIDEO) / 2023: Why The North Would Have No Problem Supporting Peter Obi

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 65
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.