Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,193,466 members, 7,951,004 topics. Date: Tuesday, 17 September 2024 at 08:31 AM

Are You Loyal To Nigeria Or Your Ethnicity? - Politics (15) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Are You Loyal To Nigeria Or Your Ethnicity? (20821 Views)

Poll: Nigeria or your Ethnicity?

Nigeria: 52% (20 votes)
Ethnicity: 47% (18 votes)
This poll has ended

Emma Anyanwu Disowns His Son, Charles, Loyal To Amaechi / Wike Sacks Board Of Directors Loyal To Amaechi / Photos: Thugs Loyal To PDP Allegedly Attack APC Chieftain In Gombe (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (12) (13) (14) (15) (16) (17) (18) ... (25) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Are You Loyal To Nigeria Or Your Ethnicity? by SapeleGuy: 7:47am On Sep 17, 2009
MrCrackles:

Topic
I am loyal to none. . . . cool

No offence, but this view point mirrors the actions of our leaders. They appear to be governed by self interest.
Re: Are You Loyal To Nigeria Or Your Ethnicity? by sheriffman(m): 9:07am On Sep 17, 2009
To the very end and without shame I will be loyal to my ethnic group
Re: Are You Loyal To Nigeria Or Your Ethnicity? by Virgo83(m): 10:16am On Sep 17, 2009
My Loyalty will be to My Country, as long as my Coutry remains Nigeria, so be it.
Re: Are You Loyal To Nigeria Or Your Ethnicity? by Nobody: 2:13pm On Sep 17, 2009
Am a Chritain Yoruba man from Ekiti, who lives in Nigeria.

Reason: Christainity is the whole essence of my being. There is an Ekiti cos there is a Yoruba nation, there would always be a Yoruba nation, even without a Nigeria.

I love Nigeri, God bless Nigeria.
Re: Are You Loyal To Nigeria Or Your Ethnicity? by adaku123(f): 6:19pm On Sep 17, 2009
[color=#990000]Hmmm, Dis Is A Bit difficult For me Cos

---
[
Re: Are You Loyal To Nigeria Or Your Ethnicity? by udezue(m): 7:51pm On Sep 17, 2009
Adaku, is ur father Igbo?
Re: Are You Loyal To Nigeria Or Your Ethnicity? by Onlytruth(m): 8:00pm On Sep 17, 2009
adaku123:

Hmmm, Dis Is A Bit difficult For me Cos

Mum= Igbo (anambra)
Dad= Delta
Fiance=Yoruba (kogi)

Dont ve any loyalties to the north!!! Most times I thinkk we can do without them tongue tongue!!!! My loyalty is to who i respect and whoever respects me!!! As a nigerian am naturally loyal to my country---

This message goes to Igbo Fathers:
As an Igboman who have passed through HELL in Nigeria, and who is determined to effect a real change ( create Biafra or create a confederal or truly federal Nigeria), I believe I have to say this: Isn't it wise to be more attentive to what our daugthers are doing?

There seems to be an unannounced mad rush for Igbo girls by some of these tribes that hate us the most.
How can we secure our future when our daugthers are in chokehold relationships with these people

I know we can sometimes find ourselves in desperate situations (daughter desperate for a husband), but please try to explain to these girls that the people they are marrying have not apologised for the starvation of 2 million in Biafra.

Igbo fathers, be more attentive to your daughters dates. Our sons have been ok., they always marry Igbo girls, but the Igbo girls!

If we don't direct and orient these girls right, we will wake up one day to find that our nation has been stolen right from under our eyes!
Igbo anya saa nu!

Marrying from the old EAST is ok , but Yoruba??!! Chineke ekwela ihe ojo!
Re: Are You Loyal To Nigeria Or Your Ethnicity? by Nobody: 8:01pm On Sep 17, 2009
ok, you win post of the year. wink

Onlytruth:

There seems to be an unannounced mad rush for Igbo girls by some of these tribes that hate us the most.
How can we secure our future when our daugthers are in chokehold relationships with these people

Onlytruth:

Our sons have been ok., they always marry Igbo girls, but the Igbo girls!

Re: Are You Loyal To Nigeria Or Your Ethnicity? by Onlytruth(m): 8:12pm On Sep 17, 2009
Of course this goes deeper, but the summary is that we should wait until after Nigeria is resolved one way or another before deciding where to marry from. History teaches us that.
There is nothing more difficult than reining in a love struck daughter even if the devil is her suitor! So, lets take this serious.
A day will come when they can marry anyone, but that day has not yet come. We don't want to have Igbo girls/woman running around Nairaland peddling warped logic. Before we know it, they will lead the enemy inside the family treasure and security chest!

Mepeenu anya o! Ihe a dikwa mkpa!
Re: Are You Loyal To Nigeria Or Your Ethnicity? by Nobody: 8:14pm On Sep 17, 2009
Onlytruth:

Of course this goes deeper, but the summary is that we should wait until after Nigeria is resolved one way or another before deciding where to marry from. History teaches us that.
There is nothing more difficult than reining in a love struck daughter even if the devil is her suitor! So, lets take this serious.
A day will come when they can marry anyone, but that day has not yet come. We don't want to have Igbo girls/woman running around Nairaland peddling warped logic. Before we know it, they will lead the enemy inside the family treasure and security chest!

Mepeenu anya o! Ihe a dikwa mkpa!

shouldnt you take this up on the Igbo Kwenu thread and other Igbo websites?

na you sabi where your family treasure and security chest dey.

There is nothing more difficult than reining in a love struck daughter even if the devil is her suitor

true talk btw- applies to males from anywhere, dont you think?
Re: Are You Loyal To Nigeria Or Your Ethnicity? by sjeezy8: 8:23pm On Sep 17, 2009
Onlytruth:

This message goes to Igbo Fathers:
As an Igboman who have passed through HELL in Nigeria, and who is determined to effect a real change ( create Biafra or create a confederal or truly federal Nigeria), I believe I have to say this: Isn't it wise to be more attentive to what our daugthers are doing?

I know we can sometimes find ourselves in desperate situations (daughter desperate for a husband), but please try to explain to these girls that the people they are marrying have not apologised for the starvation of 2 million in Biafra.

Igbo fathers, be more attentive to your daughters dates. Our sons have been ok., they always marry Igbo girls, but the Igbo girls!

If we don't direct and orient these girls right, we will wake up one day to find that our nation has been stolen right from under our eyes!
Igbo anya saa nu!

Marrying from the old EAST is ok , but Yoruba??!! Chineke ekwela ihe ojo!

its not about igbo not every igbo person agreed with biafra, those that didn't migrated AWAY from igboland

LOL dis is mad funny like i swear

you guys dey worry sha

to all d fine igbo/delta/EAST/SS babes kiss SJEEZY loves yall
Re: Are You Loyal To Nigeria Or Your Ethnicity? by Onlytruth(m): 8:26pm On Sep 17, 2009
tpia.:

shouldnt you take this up on the Igbo Kwenu thread and other Igbo websites?

na you sabi where your family treasure and security chest dey.

true talk btw- applies to males from anywhere, dont you think?

Actually it doesn't. Believe me, if Igbomen married from anywhere, there would be no Igbo nation today. We may travel far and wide, but we ALWAYS return home to marry. We just need to rein in our daugthers more. No offense intended. We need to know who the enemy is first.
Re: Are You Loyal To Nigeria Or Your Ethnicity? by Nobody: 8:29pm On Sep 17, 2009
Onlytruth:

Actually it doesn't. Believe me, if Igbomen married from anywhere, there would be no Igbo nation today. We may travel far and wide, but we ALWAYS return home to marry. We just need to rein in our daugthers more. No offense intended. We need to know who the enemy is first.

so all the Igbo men married to non-Igbos are actually from some other tribe?

@ bolded, well, if that's a problem for you then I'm sure you have the solution. Other tribes marry from everywhere but they still dey kampe.

abeg dont misunderstand my post- nothing concern me with the matter and I could care less. I'm simply commenting- end of story.

If you have a daughter btw hook her up with banom. You cant go wrong with that thing.
Re: Are You Loyal To Nigeria Or Your Ethnicity? by Onlytruth(m): 8:34pm On Sep 17, 2009
Anyway my message is clear. I believe Igbo fathers understand me. Some of them may not agree with me but the message is clear enough.
There are Igbo women running their mouths here on NL whom I suspect are in such relationships. We won't have that happening if we paid more attention to our daughters' suitors. I rest my case!
Re: Are You Loyal To Nigeria Or Your Ethnicity? by adaku123(f): 8:35pm On Sep 17, 2009
@ Udezue  & Only Truth

I Dont Mind The Mixture--- There is Nothing wrong With It!!! The Family Is One Big Mixture-- Lol-- Cos My Big Brotha Is Married To A Calabar Gal,

The Point Is That We Love & Respect each Other!!! Our Tribes Dont Really Matter---- Although We Tend To Say Things Like-- Hmm Dis Is Your Yoruba Behaviour or How Everyone Jokes About My Bro's Wife Lucky not to be a housemaid and so on!!!  Its all Jokes grin grin grin grin

Its Wat You Get Wit Educated and Exposed Ppl---- Tribalism Is Not Importaant --We Are Rather Concerned With The General Wellbeing, Growth & Wealth Of The family as a Whole!!!

Re: Are You Loyal To Nigeria Or Your Ethnicity? by Onlytruth(m): 8:38pm On Sep 17, 2009
adaku123:

@ Udezue  & Only Truth

I only turned 22 like 3weeks ago so am not rushing for a husband!!!  angry angry angry

My dad is Not Delta Igbo -- He is from Sapele!!!

My Fiance is Yoruba But His Mum is from Imo state (Ngor Kpala)

I Dont Mind The Mixture--- There is Nothing wrong With It!!! The Family Is One Big Mixture-- Lol-- Cos My Big Brotha Is Married To A Calabar Gal,

The Point Is That We Love & Respect each Other!!! Our Tribes Dont Really Matter---- Although We Tend To Say Things Like-- Hmm Dis Is Your Yoruba Behaviour or How Everyone Jokes About My Bro's Wife Lucky not to be a housemaid and so on!!!  Its all Jokes grin grin grin grin

Its Wat You Get Wit Educated and Exposed Ppl---- Tribalism Is Not Importaant --We Are Rather Concerned With The General Wellbeing, Growth & Wealth Of The family as a Whole!!!

What can I say to that? I am a stark illiterate! grin grin

and I live in the caves of Arochukwu! grin grin grin
Re: Are You Loyal To Nigeria Or Your Ethnicity? by Beaf: 8:40pm On Sep 17, 2009
adaku123:

@ Udezue  & Only Truth

I only turned 22 like 3weeks ago so am not rushing for a husband!!!  angry angry angry

My dad is Not Delta Igbo -- He is from Sapele!!!

The Point Is That We Love & Respect each Other!!! Our Tribes Dont Really Matter---- Although We Tend To Say Things Like-- Hmm Dis Is Your Yoruba Behaviour or How Everyone Jokes About My Bro's Wife Lucky not to be a housemaid and so on!!!  Its all Jokes grin grin grin grin

Your case is settled then. Your support lies in both ND and Biafra (answer to your ancestory). Your fiancee will have little choice but to accept and comply.
These are crucial times.
Re: Are You Loyal To Nigeria Or Your Ethnicity? by adaku123(f): 8:44pm On Sep 17, 2009
Onlytruth:

What can I say to that? I am a stark illiterate! grin grin
Lol--- I didnt Mean That In A Bad Way!!!! grin grin grin grin

Beaf:

Your case is settled then. Your support lies in both ND and Biafra (answer to your ancestory). Your fiancee will have little choice but to accept and comply.
These are crucial times.
Hehehehehe grin grin grin
Re: Are You Loyal To Nigeria Or Your Ethnicity? by Nobody: 1:52am On Sep 18, 2009
Onlytruth:

Anyway my message is clear. I believe Igbo fathers understand me. Some of them may not agree with me but the message is clear enough.
There are Igbo women running their mouths here on NL whom I suspect are in such relationships. We won't have that happening if we paid more attention to our daughters' suitors. I rest my case!

is the quoted phrase below the kind of thing that's upsetting you?

as for this one

Beaf:

These are crucial times.

ode
Re: Are You Loyal To Nigeria Or Your Ethnicity? by citizenY(m): 4:45pm On Sep 21, 2009
Chei, onlytruth,

What do we do now?

Is it possible for igbo to accept this pot pourri of genes,

Sapele/Igbo wan marry Igbo/Yoruba

Na Biafra gain ? Will you give them Igbo/Biafra citizenship?

Think again.
It appears you are still " in the woods".

The choice is Nigeria in a federal/confederal arrangement as your breakaway bid is being folied daily by
the likes of Adaku123 and her mates all over Nigeria.

You have to live with it. and I hope you will grow old to accept what you cannot change.

Hope you can b
Re: Are You Loyal To Nigeria Or Your Ethnicity? by udezue(m): 4:52pm On Sep 21, 2009
They will get full Biafra citizenship. grin
Re: Are You Loyal To Nigeria Or Your Ethnicity? by Nobody: 5:01pm On Sep 21, 2009
this pot pourri of genes,

Sapele/Igbo wan marry Igbo/Yoruba

true talk oh.
Re: Are You Loyal To Nigeria Or Your Ethnicity? by udezue(m): 5:05pm On Sep 21, 2009
I see nothing wrong with the mixture. It makes Adaku exotic. We are
Igbo, Ibibio, and Itsekiri.
Igbo, Ibibio, Ijaw,
Igbo, Ibibio, Yoruba,
Igbo, Ibibio
Igbo, a lil Hausa

in my family.

As long as her man get some direct IGBO blood, or is Sapele its all good. grin
Re: Are You Loyal To Nigeria Or Your Ethnicity? by citizenY(m): 5:12pm On Sep 21, 2009
@uDEZUE-

THE ADAKU'S ALL OVER NIGERIA ARE GETTING THEIR DREAMS FULFILLED EVERY DAY.uLTIMATELY,

NIGERIA WILL BE ONE BIG RAINBOW

THANKS BUT U DEY TAKE YA MOUTH CHOP SOMEBODY ONION, WHERE IS OUR DIOKPA onlytruth ?
Re: Are You Loyal To Nigeria Or Your Ethnicity? by Onlytruth(m): 5:21pm On Sep 21, 2009
udezue:

I see nothing wrong with the mixture. It makes Adaku exotic. We are
Igbo, Ibibio, and Itsekiri.
Igbo, Ibibio, Ijaw,
Igbo, Ibibio, Yoruba,
Igbo, Ibibio
Igbo, a lil Hausa

in my family.

As long as her man get some direct IGBO blood, or is Sapele its all good. grin

Udezue is a blueprint of what we aim for in Biafra. "Exotic" but not confused. I said what I said because there were some Igbo ladies talking BULLCRAP. I for one don't want to have to need a visa to visit my in-laws if I can help it.

citizenY:

@uDEZUE-

THE ADAKU'S ALL OVER NIGERIA ARE GETTING THEIR DREAMS FULFILLED EVERY DAY.uLTIMATELY,

NIGERIA WILL BE ONE BIG RAINBOW

THANKS BUT U DEY TAKE YA MOUTH CHOP SOMEBODY ONION, WHERE IS OUR DIOKPA onlytruth ?

Very much around my friend!
Re: Are You Loyal To Nigeria Or Your Ethnicity? by Nobody: 5:24pm On Sep 21, 2009
Onlytruth:

Udezue is a blueprint of what we aim for in Biafra. "Exotic" but not confused. I said what I said because there were some Igbo ladies talking BULLCRAP. I for one don't want to have to need a visa to visit my in-laws in if I can help it.

unless you're after a green card of course. wink

visa pass visa.
Re: Are You Loyal To Nigeria Or Your Ethnicity? by adaku123(f): 6:08pm On Sep 21, 2009
citizenY:

pot pourri of genes,

LOL---u VE GOT JOKES grin grin grin grin

tpia.:

unless you're after a green card of course. wink

[b]visa pass visa.

grin grin grin grin tRUE
Re: Are You Loyal To Nigeria Or Your Ethnicity? by citizenY(m): 6:15pm On Sep 21, 2009
@ aDAKU123

i WISH YOU WELL MY SISTER. yOU ARE ALREADY INVOLVED WITH THE KOGI GUY,

OUR BIG UNCLE MAY CHANGE HIS MIND ABOUT YOUR DECISION IF YOU ALSO CONSIDER AN ENGLISHMAN
YOUR NEIGHBOURHOOD - BUCKINGHA PALACE, - WHERE YOU PRESENTLY RESIDE.

FOR ME, THE KOGI BOY IS MY CHOICE--- MARRY NAIJA
Re: Are You Loyal To Nigeria Or Your Ethnicity? by Onlytruth(m): 6:31pm On Sep 21, 2009
citizenY:

@ aDAKU123

i WISH YOU WELL MY SISTER. yOU ARE ALREADY INVOLVED WITH THE KOGI GUY,

FOR ME, THE KOGI BOY IS MY CHOICE--- MARRY NAIJA

We can't even define "Naija".  People were killed in certain parts of Nigeria even after marrying into the host communities. It happened. Those people married into "Naija". They woke up one early morning dead. Killed by some of their supposed in-laws. We have a history that people should study. You ignore that to your own peril.

OUR BIG UNCLE MAY CHANGE HIS MIND ABOUT YOUR DECISION IF YOU ALSO CONSIDER AN ENGLISHMAN
YOUR NEIGHBOURHOOD - BUCKINGHA PALACE, - WHERE YOU PRESENTLY RESIDE.

I would even prefer you marry an English man, than some of your so-called compatriots. There is only one part of Nigeria were foreigners weren't killed en-masse for whatever reason - THE EAST
Re: Are You Loyal To Nigeria Or Your Ethnicity? by adaku123(f): 6:48pm On Sep 21, 2009
@Citizen

Thank You Sweety-------------Glad You Approve Of Him[kogi] tongue grin grin grin grin grin kiss

@OnlyTruth

I Ve Always Lived In The East/Delta+Benin /Lagos/Abuja--- Dis Is Cos I generally dont Like Being Far Away from except Now When I HAve To Study in Buckingham palace grin grin

Anyway I Will Always Have Very Strong Padlocks On The Gate And A properly Barricaded House grin grin grin grin grin

On A Serious Note I refuse To Live In Fear & If Am Going To Be Killed In My Bed I Guess Thats How Its Meant To Be--- I Believe In God And That Everything Happens For A Reason!!! So I Am Naturally Cautious But After I do My Part Which Is Locking My Padlock And Doing Unto Others As I Will Like To BE Done To Me-- Then The Rest IS Left To God!!!
Re: Are You Loyal To Nigeria Or Your Ethnicity? by citizenY(m): 7:02pm On Sep 21, 2009
ADaku

UNCLE PREFERS ENGLISH MEN> JUST GAB A PRINCE FROM BUCKINGHAM PALACE
EVERYTHING WILL FALL INTO PLACE, GREEN CARD ABI BLUE CARD, PLENTY BUSINESS AND
CONTAINERS OF SPARE PARTS, BUT MORE CONTAINERS COME FROM CHINA THESE DAYS---

WHAT SHALL WE DO.

FOR ME O--- GO TO KOGI
Re: Are You Loyal To Nigeria Or Your Ethnicity? by Onlytruth(m): 7:48pm On Sep 21, 2009
adaku123:

@Citizen

Thank You Sweety-------------Glad You Approve Of Him[kogi] tongue grin grin grin grin grin kiss

@OnlyTruth

I Ve Always Lived In The East/Delta+Benin /Lagos/Abuja--- Dis Is Cos I generally dont Like Being Far Away from except Now When I HAve To Study in Buckingham palace grin grin

Anyway I Will Always Have Very Strong Padlocks On The Gate And A properly Barricaded House grin grin grin grin grin

On A Serious Note I refuse To Live In Fear & If Am Going To Be Killed In My Bed I Guess Thats How Its Meant To Be--- I Believe In God And That Everything Happens For A Reason!!! So I Am Naturally Cautious But After I do My Part Which Is Locking My Padlock And Doing Unto Others As I Will Like To BE Done To Me-- Then The Rest IS Left To God!!!

grin grin grin

Ada Just keep that padlock locked! Moreso, keep your eyes open ! That's not asking for too much. Histroy warns!

citizenY:

ADaku

UNCLE PREFERS ENGLISH MEN> JUST GAB A PRINCE FROM BUCKINGHAM PALACE
EVERYTHING WILL FALL INTO PLACE, GREEN CARD ABI BLUE CARD, PLENTY BUSINESS AND
CONTAINERS OF SPARE PARTS, BUT MORE CONTAINERS
COME FROM CHINA THESE DAYS--

WHAT SHALL WE DO.

FOR ME O--- GO TO KOGI

F**king stereotype! You cannot pay me enough for a single drop of Igbo blood. You can't even pay me for a blood of non-Igbo blood. So carry go!

The English won't kill her just because they heard that some Nigerian committed 419, even if the Nigerian duped the queen! At least they would remember she is a foreigner that needs their protection. So girl, watch your back!

(1) (2) (3) ... (12) (13) (14) (15) (16) (17) (18) ... (25) (Reply)

Participate In Debate, Lawyers Tell Buhari / Eko Disco Announces 5-day Power Outage In Lagos / Wike: National Assembly Is A Mere Rubber Stamp

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 72
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.